Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,001 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled sidles her way into the room. "Ye're's pretty t'day 's ye were yestereve. Fer a human or somethin' looks human. Where ye goin' if we let ye go? Back t' yer papa Orcus?"

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan squints at Mobled's insinuation and looks carefully at the temptress.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Or maybe it's one'a them Irene-ees. Heard they're frightful ##$%#s.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk stares at the woman before responding.

She ain't no Rinalda, I'll tell ya that, but I would board her.

"Well, I told you I'd be back...and here I am. Like I said," Mukluk says as if there were any doubt. "We had to go kill a dragon first. And we did. Check out this scale here." Mukluk will toss her the scale. "She was a big one too, waterborne and black as the cavesnight. She came at us with acid and claw, but Mo, here nearly beat her one handed."

Mukluk awaits her reaction to that before continuing.

"Yeah, I'm back...what did you want again? Maybe you can explain first the rooms we found over yonder with a carpet that tried to eat us. What was that all about?"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled observes the woman carefully, an even measure of ogling and murder in her expression.

Sense motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Mobled's diplomacy and motive sensing have little effect.

Idalla mostly ignores Mobled's questions about where she will return to.

"Indeed? A dragon?"

Idalla turns the scale over in her hand, examining it.

"Seems such a small scale to be from a dragon. Are you sure it wasn't just a large lizard pretending to be a dragon?"

She hands the scale back to Mukluk and pouts.

"So forgetful are we? I merely needed one of you brave, strong good men to help lead me from this dark and dangerous place..." Her eyes drift toward Martigan once again and shoot towards Doruk at the last moment.

She finally stands and moves gracefully in their direction.

"So now all these big, bad monsters are defeated... what do you say boys. Can I go? Can I?" Her eyes widen and flutter as she smiles at both.

She finally purrs, "I promise a kiss to the prince that rescues me."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Ye can keep yer lips t' yerself, strumpet." Mobled steps between the woman and Doruk.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Those do look awfully kissable...

Doruk leans in a little at first, but trusts Mobled's concerns and keeps his distance.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

A kiss? Hmm...can she grow a beard to make it worthwhile?

"Yeah, a real dragon. Small scale? No, I assure you that it was a real dragon. A big one, too. And we killed it," Mukluk retorts before returning to the question he asked earlier.

"I thought you said you knew things about this place? Maybe I misheard you," Mukluk asks, scratching his beard. "You know that carpet a few rooms over? The one that tried to eat us? You know anything about that?"

Mukluk stares at the 'strumpet'.

"Tell me again how you got here? Why don't you just leave on your own? The door is open." Mukluk makes way for her to leave on her own.


"Carpet?" Idalla wonders idly as she scrutinizes Mobled, who has stepped in between her and Doruk.

"Probably something one of your clansfolk animated to protect against the orcs. I assure you I had nothing to do with this."

She finally concludes by smiling at Mobled.

"Look, all I know is this daft dwarven mage locked me up in here and whenever I try to leave, I find myself back in this room again. He said something about me needing permission from a handsome man before I could really leave... and well, we haven't had a lot of handsome men down here... until now."

She smiles much more seductively at Doruk while her eyes flit to meet Martigan's.

"So, what about it? Who wants to be my handsome knight in shining armor? Why don't we go take a look at this flying rugs of yours? They sound fascinating!"

She holds her arm out for either Martigan or Doruk to escort.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"I am dedicated to Pelor and Truth, and I sense neither in you strumpet. Keep your hands and lips to yourself and do not try to seduce me with your wanton ways. Think you to ensnare me with honey words and false promises? Speak plainly now or rot here for eternity, I'll have no more games from you."

Martigan keeps his shield between the woman and himself with mace at the ready.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk slides his guisarme expertly into his shield hand so as to make his arm available. Seeing Martigan's stance however, he quickly changes back and also hides behind his shield.

I don't understand all this. What are they seeing in her that I am not?!


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk snorts at his party's response.

"Don't appear like none of us are wanting your kisses. And since your knowledge of the Mage is somewhat lacking, why would we be willing to help ye? What do you have that will help us?"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar looks on.

Some daft dwarven mage eh?
- Female voice: Arent't they all?
- True
- Female voice: But you can't figure this out can you?
- No.
- Female voice: So perhaps it'd be best if you didn't mess with it. Remember what happened when you tried mixing the scorpion blood, alchemist fire, and healing potion.
- Yeah, but it did taste great.

Tiabrar pulls out his flask and drinks. Unable to figure out how the woman was trapped here.

Well, if she has nothing for us than we definitely have nothing for her. And in this case, I'm willing to trust a daft dwarven mage's decision as to her fate."


Idalla begins to grow red with anger, but quickly calms herself.

"My dears, you have nothing to fear. And I am speaking plainly as I can. I doubt the wizard knew that when he left this room to face the invading orcs that he would not be coming back to continue our relationship further..."

Idalla positions herself in front of Doruk and continues to smile and him occasionally as she talks, having given up on Martigan.

"Now are you all this cruel? To keep a woman locked up in an old dwarven library under the spells of some long dead dwarf? Aren't you supposed to be protecting us fair maidens and all that? Or has defeating this dragon and seizing its treasure now cemented you as nothing more than mere tomb-robbers?"

Her eyes rest eagerly on Doruk's.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled, forcibly if necessary, continues trying to interject herself between Idalla and Doruk. Ye want t' dance, we'll dance.

"'E's not fer ye, strumpet."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk snorts.

"So, you ain't got nothing to tell us, huh?"

Mukluk casts detect magic and searches the room, taking his time.

If she's just a strumpet she says she is, we have nothing to fear.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel, fueled by the earlier attention from Courana, doesn't notice the magical prisoner skipping over his name. Despite the disappointing dragon horde he was lost in rumination over a more important matter.

"I've got it! Someone stole my bear carcass BEFORE Gambli could make my cloak!"

Case CLOSED!

Petrel then looks around, seeming to regain a sense of his surroundings.


Mulkuk begins perusing through the room of dusty books, starting at the western shelves. He finds an assortment of tomes detailing dwarvish histories of Oerth. Continuing to move on, he finds more tomes detailing geography.

Idalla looks down at Mobled a second time and smiles at the dwarf. "Hmmm, you're persistent. Perhaps I could see spending some quality time with you once this one and I have had a chance to talk."

Her eyes return to Doruk's.

"What do you say handsome? Why don't you and I get out of this musty smelling library and you can show me some of these monsters you've slain?"

Any plan here on what you're doing with Idalla? Just ignoring her and leaving her to not-rot in this room forever?


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"So, you won't talk about anything, eh? Tell us about the dwarf mage then? Where is his spellbook? Where is the book that describes how he bound you to this room?" Mukluk asks while looking around.

Mukluk will claim the dwarvish history and geography books.

Mukluk will look for magic in the bedroom as well.

Mukluk isn't releasing her unless he has reason to. He's content to loot the rooms of magic and books and leave her for when the dwarven war mages come to repopulate the Forge. She can wait a few more months...but if she has things to share, magics to reveal, Mukluk might feel differently. So far, she's told him nothing.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled maintains her guard over Doruk, unimpressed by the woman's flirtations. "I like a sensible lass like Rinalda. Nay lithesome strumpet's t' enjoy my attentions on 'er nethers.

If we're just looting and not doing anything, suggest we handwave and move on. Snore.:-p What say you, coz?


The books are quite musty, and not really in wonderful condition. You're welcome to claim them if you care little of such things.

Idalla ignores the dwarf rummaging around in the shelves behind her, asking questions about magic and spellbooks.

"Well, handsome warrior? I sense you're a good man, and not like these treasure hungry dwarves. I haven't seen the sun or the stars in years... please, will you simply escort me out of this rancid place?"

Idalla's eyes begin to tear up (she's quite distraught in her plea), but she quite properly dabs at them, before looking up at Doruk, and holding out her hand sheepishly.

Her Performance: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (8) + 27 = 35

I'll give anyone suspicious of her a big fat +20 on their Sense Motive that see she's being overly dramatic and is in fact quite desperate for Doruk's specific assistance for some reason.


Also, if the general decision to end the "encounter" with Idalla is to have Mukluk loot the library and then leave and shut her back inside, let me know and I'll simply wrap up a summary of what that approach leads to.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

That's where I'm at, I don't think any of us trust her and feel like letting her kiss us, so it's looting and pillaging then locking her inside forever at this point.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Ayep.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

But, but but... Her lips are so soft!

None the less, Doruk keeps his distance with the help of his companions.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled begins to push Doruk out of the room. Once that's accomplished, she also drags out Martigen. Coz, le's 'ave done wi' this. Kinna ye do yer magicks sniffin' richyul 'n be done wi' it?"


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Sure spending a long while in this room. Looting books is time consuming!

"Sorrys lady, Wee Jas must want you to stay put if you are stuck heres by magic. Bye."

On the way upstairs...

"Hey Mukluk, are magic spellbooks immune to fire like magic weapons? Can we just burn the library and sift the ashes for loots?"


As Mukluk continues to putter around the tomes in the room, the general tone between the heroes and Idalla is one of caution and evasiveness. Mobled continuously positions herself between the woman and Doruk, and Doruk does little to remove the dwarf as an obstacle. Martigan and Petrel, continuing on the growing trend of distrust provide little hope for Idalla.

Mukluk:

A voice echoes in your mind...

"Foolish dwarf. You think I would let any tomes of import simply lay about on the shelves for your consumption? The distrust among your companions is obvious, so you must know my true nature, and the power that I can provide you."

Petrel:

A voice echoes in your mind.

"You are wrong, Petrel. I do want Idalla freed. She is magical, and you must take her away from this place. She must be shared with all in the cities throughout Oerth. It is my will."

Feel free to roll Sense Motive, with a +15 against...

1d20 + 27 ⇒ (8) + 27 = 35

Chances are you kind of believe the voice :)

Doruk:

A voice echoes in your mind.

"I sense a goodness in your soul, warrior. Can you hear me? You must rescue me from this place. I am not an evil creature -- if I was, surely I would've attacked you? You must know leaving me alone here is cruel, and I see it on your face you are not a cruel man."

Feel free to roll Sense Motive, with a +10 against...

1d20 + 27 ⇒ (13) + 27 = 40

Chances are you kind of believe the voice :)

The room is silent for Mobled, Tiabrar and Martigan at this time.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk sticks his head back to talk to the strumpet.

"Yeah, I be foolish. But you ain't helpin' me yet. And no, I ain't knowing what you are. I don't know that I care much. I'll let the war wizards deal with you when they get here."

Mukluk pauses.

"Wait. Are there more books around? Where are they? Give them to me and we can talk. I'm true to my word, you know that. Give me the knowledge I seek and I'll see about getting you out of here."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

/sip /sip

Tiabrar sips from one flask and twirls a different one in his other hand.

Female voice: Just toss it on her. If she burns up and dies, she was innocent--oops. Our bad. If she doesn't, then we can toss more on her until she dies.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

As mentioned, Mobled performs a friendly bull rush on Doruk pushing him out of the room. If necessary, she'll try to actually lift him up and carry him out. "Coz, what ye be wantin' t' learn? Le's leave off'n move along."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk lingers and makes ready to speak to the group when Mobled picks him up and carries him off. When the party is alone and calm, he brings up the subject again.

"But what if we're wrong? What if she is an innocent? We'll be committing quite a travesty."

He shifts uncomfortably in his armor.

"I wish there was some way to know! She seems so honest!"


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Stand firm Brother Doruk. The Sun will guide you in all things and burn away the wickedness before us. That she cannot stand the touch of Sun upon her and stays locked in this room is proof of her wickedness. Let not her vile temptations sway you!"


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel is amazed to have another direct communication with his goddess.

Of course since he always has the wide eyed, slightly crazed look of the thumbnail portrait, he appears his usual twitchy self.

Not knowing or expecting two-way communication, Petrel will think about how he has the best (and as far as he is concerned, hottest) goddess.

Rescue and share the magic lady, got it

To Mukluk, he will share his (true) long term goal: "I'm bored. Non-magic books are boring. I'm going to see if Gambli harvest that bear meat for bear sausage."

Petrel will, of course, stealth and hide out of sight (I recall lots of cleared rooms and the stalagmite caves, can't find a full map) and perceive when everyone goes back to base (take 10s etc easy). Then he will sneak to Idalla's room and let her know that the goddess Wee Jas has commended Petrel free the magic lady, and ask how that is done.

Probably a cursed chair. Do I smash it or just pick her up off of it? Just don't touch the chair.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk pauses at Doruk's words.

"Well, this *IS* a way to prove what she's sayin'...but it ain't pretty, but it can be easily proved true or false." Mukluk pulls his cold iron dagger from his belt.

"Does anyone have a silver dagger? I don't need it for long." Mukluk asks the group, then goes on to explain.

"See, she claims to be a helpless human. And, well, I'm not so sure of that. However, we know that some creatures, like the fey, are only harmed by cold iron...I propose that we gently prick the lady with both these daggers. Nothing hard mind, mind you, just enough to draw blood."

Mukluk looks around to see if he needs to explain more.

"See? If she bleeds to both, then we know her story is true."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"I've a silver dorn dergar. Happy t' give 'er a swing." Mobled begins to unfurl the weapon's chain.


lol Mobled. I like her.


Idalla's eyes widen as Mobled unfurls her weapon.

"Am I witch now to be burned at the stake?"

Her eyes plead towards Doruk again.

"Besides, I wouldn't doubt that whatever magic protects me from old age would protect me against cuts and scratches as well. All these years, I have yet to bleed from a cut or scrape despite some accidents on the rough edges of the bookcases and tables here."

She nods towards Doruk again.

"Yes, listen to him! Leaving an innocent woman here is a crime! Are you criminals and thieves?"

Mukluk:

The voice, again.

Enough with the tests dwarf. Either stop standing in the way of your friend escorting me from the room, or command him to murder me with his weapon - but do not allow me to go crazy alone in this room any longer. If you seek magic, your choice in my freedom will be well rewarded.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk turns to face the woman.

"So the tests would work, eh? I've proven my honesty. Give me what I seek and we shall think about freeing you. My word is proven to be good. Your words have no weight behind them. You have already lied to us."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled groans, sits heavily on her bum and gets ready to snore.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

/sip /sip

/twirl /twirl

Female voice: If I close my eyes I can't almost taste that.
Close your eyes?
Female voice: You know what I mean. No. Never mind.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"I don't know what game you're playing Mukluk but it's a dangerous one. Best we leave the witch here."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk takes the books and leaves.

"Let's go. I'm done with this one."


"No! What's wrong with you people?!" Idalla roars and sobs, desperately clutching at Doruk as everyone ushers out of the room.

Tears stream down her cheeks.

"You promised you'd help me leave this room dwarf! Break my curse! You lied! LIED!!"

The door shuts and her sobbing can be heard through as everyone moves along down the hallway and returns to the camp with Gambli.

She does nothing to attack or harass anyone physically, she simply pleads for a chance for Doruk to save her.

You're pretty much done with the printed module, sans the trogs and the roper. If you like you can begin to roleplay out breaking down camp and preparing for a return to Greyhawk? Or you can tackle the trog tribe or the roper.

Petrel:

Are you still planning to sneak away and return to Idalla's room while the others sleep?

I scanned your character sheet for your alignment. I couldn't find it. Could you let me know what Petrel's is?


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Yeah, we're definitely not tangling with the roper. And Mukluk is content to work things out with the Trogs as long as they stop bear-hoarding and attacking dwarves. I think I'm ready to return...is Gambli going to stay behind? How are we sealing this place up? Giving the cats the door keys and letting them run the place?


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled stands up as Mukluk closes the door. "Fin'ly! Felt like I'd been trapped 'ere's long 's tha' hussy. So, home? I've a princess t' pledge my troth."

Mobled blanches at the idea of leaving Gambli behind. "But 'e's our cookie. Ye want Petal 'ere t' cook fer us?"


Still await a response from Petrel, since he could be a catalyst for something here.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Dunno what more you waiting on...


Go back 4 posts where there's a spoiler for Petrel with a question for him?

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,001 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.