Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,001 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk follows Martigan's approach and does the same.

"We'll just take it nice and easy... and slow."


The stone bridge is disappointing to both Mukluk and Mobled as a symbol of dwarven stoneworking exceptionalism as it seems to sigh with the stress with use but the tactics of lightening loads and crossing carefully single-file are successful.

Still, some stones topple and crumble, falling the good distance into the rushing water below, all but confirming an extra twenty pounds carried across by Martigan or Doruk would've surely resulted in a fatal fall.

Latest Map

The dilapidated bridge leads to another ledge that winds southeast alongside a very large lake - the source of the underground river. The cavern is quite large, with the lake's far shore lost in shadow and the sounds of lapping water echoing in your ears.

Ahead, a series of large rocks jut out from the lake's surface and apparently lead to another ledge which is just about even with the lake's surface.

Perception DC20:

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

You catch the sound of something - large but yet agile - submerging into the water. It sounded like it came from the middle of the lake (area 53 on the map)

The GM begins counting... 1...


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk quickly puts his armor back on as he peers into the lake.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 vs DC 20


Male Dwarf Wanderer

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Perception

"Yep. Sure is a purty lake. I bet there are even fish in there for fishing. Good stuff to have in the event of a siege. Petrel, you see any fish?"


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"You think so? I like the walls myself."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"Maybe the dwarves could just do without this part of the fortress. Build a big wall? Collapse the tunnels?"

"What's that in the water?! Black dragons don't swim." I think.

Tiabrar fires an arrow towards the sound.

"There! It was right about there."

Tiabrar looks around at the party.

"What? I'm not going crazy. There's something out there. Maybe it's a giant mummy frog."


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Petrel cautiously takes a gooooood look.

He also considers if there are any places granting cover...


Male Dwarf Wanderer

At Tiabrar's warning, Mukluk moves back from the lake and draws his wand of MM.

"I hope that's fish coming to get in our stewpot."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Suitably armored (did I have time?) Doruk takes his place at the front, but he backs away from the edge of the water as much as he can.

"If it's an octopus it wouldn't do to get pulled in."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar backs away from the edge of the water also.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan hops faster attempting to don his armor scales.


I'll say everyone put their armor on already once you got to this side of the bridge before you continued walking down along the ledge. So you are all fully armored...

Last chance to do anything else to prepare for death and doom...

Counting 2...


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

If he can, Doruk readies to attack anything coming out of the water. Don't know if I can ready out of combat, but Doruk has his guisarme extended and twitchy none the less.

"If it's a dragon, we might want to run."

Was that out loud?


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Run?! From a fish? Ha!" Mukluk guffaws, but does spread out a bit, just in case.

Now that it's closer...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Perception


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"If it's a dragon we won't have time to run."

Martigan reaches over to improve Doruk.

"Doruk you are now strong like the bull."

Still smart like the plough but he's a good man.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar quaffs his shield extract.

Although I feel it will be wasted. It fits his character.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"Thank you Martigan, you're too kind"

Doruk flexes his new muscles.

I do like this, yes, yes I do.


Rolls:

Doruk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Martigan: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Mobled: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Mukluk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Petrel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Nightscale: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

1 --
24 Nightscale : Surfaces, breathes acid
23 Mukluk :
19 Tiabrar :
16 Petrel :
13 Martigan :
7 Mobled :
5 Doruk :

As you pick your way along the lakeshort, somewhat nervously, intending to spread out, you hear a small splash and catch a glimpse of a small green light moving in the darkness. Then, the water erupts in a spray as a black-scaled dragon the size of a small horse bursts out of the water.

"MY CAVE! MIIIIIINE! LEAVE OR DIIEEEE!" its voice roars, echoing through the large cavern, as acid sprays onto Mobled and Doruk.

Mobled + Doruk .. DC17 Reflex for half: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 5, 5, 3) = 20 acid damage.

The dragon is 20ft from Mobled, and just it's head and neck are visible above the surface of the water. Coincidentally, I believe it's in dim light since Doruk's shield is 25ft away.

Latest Map

Now Up: The final climatic battle of the adventure and everyone's up!

Also, as I learned from Chris - no readied actions pre-combat.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"What is that?!"

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 Knowledge: Arcana


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 1, Init 23

"Ah, that dragon...and it's in our caves. Let's get it."

Mukluk lifts his wand of Magic Missile and commands its magic to shoot at the dragon.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 force damage

Ain't much to do until we get it on land where we can engage it more.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 1, Init 19

Status (mutagen, shield):

AC 23, touch 19, flat-footed 118 (+4 armor, +5 Dex, +4 shield)
hp 27/27
Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 2/7
Alchemist Fire left 5/7 (4 after this)
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: Not used
Extracts (1st-4/day, 2nd-2/day)
1st
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 used
True Strike - 1 prepared
2nd
Vomit swarm - 2 prepared

Tiabrar moves to the shorline space above Martigan and throws a bomb.

Ranged Bomb (Ranged touch +7)(7x day)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 - Maybe +1 for point blank.
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 - Knowledge aracana for this specific type of dragon. Will fire work?


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 vs DC 17

Round 1, Initiative 5, Location behind Mobled

Status:
AC 27 (f23/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 36/36
Weapon Equipped = bow
Conditions = none
Prestidigitation = used

Doruk drops shield and Guisarme, draws his bow and shoots at the dragon.

Long Bow (mw/18str) attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 doing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 1 Init 13

Spoiler:

HP = 27/35
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6 (2d6)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 4, 4 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Resist Energy (DC 16), Heat Metal (DC 16), Silence (DC 16)
1 (4/day) Murderous Command (DC 15), Divine Favor (DC 15), Command (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Status Effects = None

Seeing the others bathed in acid and still relatively close to them, Martigan channels energy to heal their wounds.

2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel ponders what to do.

How deep is the water? What is up ahead along the path, are those stones in the water flat & dry or irregular and slick with water?


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

What would a smart person do. Oh, Mukluk is throwing magic arrows! I'll throw my knives!

Haven't double checked but I believe Petrel is at 5 basic throwing daggers after hurling them wildly when we fought the size changing deep dwarves

thrown (normal) knife -2 range, 20% miss 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 231d4 ⇒ 31d100 ⇒ 3

Splash goes a knife.

"These human eyes! I can't sees anything with them."


Hmm - do submerged creatures get cover from ranged touch attacks? I'm just going to rule it's a hit, but because the creature is 90% submerged in water, its half damage (and submerging into the water extinguishes any flames)

1 --
24 Nightscale : Surfaces, breathes acid
23 Mukluk : Magic missile for 3HP
19 Tiabrar : Bombs - Quickly extinguished but burns for 3HP
16 Petrel : Splash goes a knife
13 Martigan : Heals for 4HP
7 Mobled :
5 Doruk : Arrow bounces off the dragon's scales

The party reacts swiftly to the emergence of the draconic head, grabbing weapons and responding with a flurry of magic, knife and arrow

The dragon hisses its response in the common tongue of Oerth, "FOOLS! You will all die if you do not flee now!" And with that, it's scaly head submerges into the depths of the lake and darkness.

2 --
24 Nightscale : (-6HP) Submerges into the darkness of the lake
23 Mukluk :
19 Tiabrar :
16 Petrel :
13 Martigan :
7 Mobled :
5 Doruk :

Now Up: Everyone, and Mobled twice. Somehow I imagine Mobled leaping in the lake when she gets her chance to act..

Old map linked again to save the insanely busy GM from having to fire up Photoshop.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 2, Init 19

Feeling as if his magic has failed him, Tiabrar knocks an arrow to his bow and readies for the return of the dragon.

Darkwood Longbow +8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 +1 if point blank
1d8 ⇒ 6 +1 if point blank


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 2

Mukluk stands his ground, ready to loose another Magic Missile at the creature when it shows itself.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 force damage


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 2, Initiative 5, Location

Status:
AC 27 (f23/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 20/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none
Prestidigitation = used

"It'll need to close eventually, right? right?!"

Doruk drops his bow and picks up his guisarme and shield hoping the creature decides to close and attack the party. He tries to plant himself in the rock so as to be an immovable force when the dragon does return.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 2

Status:

HP = 31/35
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 5/6 (2d6)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 4, 4 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Resist Energy (DC 16), Heat Metal (DC 16), Silence (DC 16)
1 (4/day) Murderous Command (DC 15), Divine Favor (DC 15), Command (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Status Effects = None

Given a moments respite Martigan attempts to heal again.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7


Rolls:

Nothing To See: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Overlooked Petrel's questions...

The water's depth is unknown. It looks pretty deep and is very dark.

Up ahead the stones are fairly flat - they can be crossed with an DC15 Acrobatics check as half speed or a DC10 check at quarter speed. They are not slippery.

Now Up: Petrel for round 2, and Mobled twice. The dragon does not surface in round 3, so you can all act again if you choose to do something besides ready an action.

Updated Map (now with coordinates, feel free to pick any square to locate yourself in; but let me know where you are if it's different that this map)


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar continues to wait for the dragon to resurface, but begins to look around at the walls, the ceiling, the sand.

Surely something else in this place is going to attack us. It hates elves. I just know it.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 3, Initiative 5, Location J6

Status:
AC 27 (f23/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 27/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none
Prestidigitation = used

Having a moment to catch his breath, Doruk takes a deep one, holds it, and lets it out slowly.

OK. I can do this. It's just another creature. It bleeds, it can be killed.

He readies an action to attack the dragon if it comes within reach.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk keeps his ready as per the above.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"I think we killed it... lets find the hoard!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Why didn't anyone ping me? I've been monitoring activity in the list of active campaigns under my user profile, and for some reason this campaign's activity hasn't been indicating there...


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 2

Petrel will bolt east and long jump above the stones to the other side.

Don't think about the water elf, don't think about the water elf...

Acrobatics +11 vs DC 15 (15 foot jump) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

He easily sails across the gap and lands around N11.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Init 7 {>K9}

Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Mobled practically bathes in the acid as it sprays her directly. "Yeargh! Ach, tha' smarts."

Current status:

**Rage
AC 16 (10 +4 mage armor + 3 Wis + 1 Dodge -2 Rage)
CMD 22 (24 grapple)
CMB +6, +8 grapple
HP 25+8/41+8 (41 - 20 + 4)
Fort +12 Reflex +4 Will +9

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 3 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 2 used

Judging from what I see on the map, Mobled would have had a chance to rage, dance across the rocks, and hit the dragon with reach. If so, how about:

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Darn dergar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Round 2, Init 7

"Tha' really hurt."

Current status:

**Rage
AC 16 (10 +4 mage armor + 3 Wis + 1 Dodge -2 Rage)
CMD 22 (24 grapple)
CMB +6, +8 grapple
HP 32+8/41+8 (41 - 20 + 4 + 7)
Fort +12 Reflex +4 Will +9

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 3 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 2 used

Mobled takes a swig of her whiskey, maintaining the rage. She readies an action to strike at it if it surfaces. She is not keen on swimming after it.


Rolls:

Nightscale Grapple vs Mobled: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

1--
7 Mobled : Dances the rocks and hits for 7!

2 --
24 Nightscale (-13HP): Withdraws/submerges into the darkness of the lake
23 Mukluk : Readies magic missile for 5
19 Tiabrar : Readies arrow to hit AC25 for 6
16 Petrel : Moves to N11
13 Martigan : Channels for 7
7 Mobled : Swigs whiskey
5 Doruk : Drops bow and picks up guisarme and shield

3 --
24 Nightscale (-13HP): ??
23 Mukluk : Continues ready of magic missile for 5
19 Tiabrar : Continues ready of arrow to hit AC25 for 6
16 Petrel : {anything he wishes}
13 Martigan : {anything he wishes}
7 Mobled : {anything she wishes}
5 Doruk : Readies guisarme attack

4 --
24 Nightscale (-24HP) : Emerges, bites Mobled for 8HP
23 Mukluk :
19 Tiabrar :
16 Petrel :
13 Martigan :
7 Mobled :

Mobled heroically leaps onto one of the rocks, bringing her dorn-dergar down in a punctuating attack against the black dragon as it hisses and submerges.

Nerves are acute as everyone awaits the dragon's return and weapons are readied.

The dragon does not disappoint as it emerges from the water with a thundering splash, roaring and snapping at Mobled. Mukluk's arcane magic and Tiabrar's arrow whack into the enraged serpent as it's maw clamps down onto Mobled. "FOOLS! YOU WILL BE MY DINNER!"

Tiabrar and Mukluk both hit for 11HP. The creature did not emerge in range of Doruk's guisarme. Mobled's readied action triggers along with an AoO. Martigan and Petrel are welcome to revise round 3 actions.

Now Up: Everyone in Round 4.

Latest Map (Imageshack having issues tonight)


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Init 7

Readies, swigs.

Round 3 Ready & AoO goes off Round 4, Init 24+

Dorn dergar 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

AoO 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Round 5, Init 24+

Trying to figure out how the readies get sequenced in this case. Is this right?

"Ye're a tasty lookin' alligator yerself. If ye stop squirmin' a minute I'm sure Cookie's gotta nice broth kin stew ye."

Current status:

**Rage
AC 16 (10 +4 mage armor + 3 Wis + 1 Dodge -2 rage)
CMD 22 (24 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 24 + 8/41 + 8
Fort +12 Reflex +4 Will +9

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 4 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 2 used

Mobled kicks and punches mightily at the dragon, her rage carrying her onward.

Flurry #1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Flurry #2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Flurry #1 confirm 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 4, Init 19

Satisfied with the damage caused by his longbow, Tiabrar takes another shot.

Darkwood Longbow +8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d8 ⇒ 3


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 3

Status:

HP = 31/35
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 4/6 (2d6)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 4, 4 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Resist Energy (DC 16), Heat Metal (DC 16), Silence (DC 16)
1 (4/day) Murderous Command (DC 15), Divine Favor (DC 15), Command (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Status Effects = None

Martigan quickly puts away his shield and mace.

Round 4

Status:

HP = 31/35
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 4/6 (2d6)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 4, 4 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Resist Energy (DC 16), Heat Metal (DC 16), Silence (DC 16)
1 (4/day) Murderous Command (DC 15), Divine Favor (DC 15), Command (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Status Effects = None

Drawing his crossbow he loads it.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Status:
AC 27 (f23/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 27/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none
Prestidigitation = used

Round 3, Initiative 5, Location J6
Readies to attack if it closes. It does not.

Round 4, Initiative 5, Location J6->K8
Doruk looks at the huge beast coming out of the water and at a tiny slip of rock behind Mobled that might be enough to get him within reach. He strides out to that rock and swings on the dragon.

Guisarme combat expertise, attack 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 4 = 14 (-4 for Mobled cover) doing 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 = 10 damage.

If I can't stand and fight on that rock, or if the dragon is still too far away, Doruk gets out his bow instead dropping his guisarme and shield:
Long Bow (mw/18str) attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 doing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 4

Mukluk cheers as his fellow dwarf begins to battle the dragon on the rocks.

Aye, this battle will be one for the stories! I'll tell it true, too...she swam out to battle the dragon in the water, on its turf, ehr...surf.

"Get 'em Mobled!"

Mukluk raises his wand to help her out.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Don't be shy about the healin' or anything. One round of full attacks will have Mobled close to dead or dead. Not that she'd say so.

"For Brightaxe and Muletender!"


Rolls:

Bite 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Wing 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Wing 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

4 --
27 Mukluk : Missiles for 5
26 Tiabrar : Shoots for 6
25 Mobled : Dorn-dergar for 8
24 Nightscale (-32HP) : Emerges, bites Mobled for 8HP
16 Petrel : TBD
13 Martigan : Draws and loads crossbow
5 Doruk : Moves to K8, misses

5 --
27 Mukluk : Missiles for 2
26 Tiabrar : Shoots for 3
25 Mobled : Flurries for 19
24 Nightscale (-56HP) : Shreds Mobled for 11HP
16 Petrel :
13 Martigan :
5 Doruk :

6 --
27 Mukluk :
26 Tiabrar :
25 Mobled :

The deities of Oerth smile brightly against the heroes as they square off with the dragon as Mukluk, Tiabrar and Mobled continue to do serious damage through it's surprisingly soft black scaly hide.

With each hit, it cries - "NO... NO... NO!" - in anger and surprise as it continues to bite and claw against poor Mobled, water splashing furiously about it in it's rage while trying to avoid Doruk's swings. (5ft "swim" to K,11)

Now Up: Petrel twice along with everyone else

Latest Map


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 6

Not a lot of great level 4 wizard options against a swimming or flying dragon.

Mukluk shoots his wand again.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage

"Take that! There is more dwarf magic where that came from!!"


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 5, Initiative 5, Location K8->M10

Status:
AC 27 (f23/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 27/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none
Prestidigitation = used

Doruk rock hops to stay within reach of the dragon and swings again trying to strike a true blow.

Guisarme combat expertise, attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 doing 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12 damage.

"I can't seem to hit it - keep going Mobled, you've got him on the ropes I'm sure!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 6, Init 25

That should have been 17 hp to Mobled - she's at 16 AC right now.

"Father, I could use some o' yer warm glow 'bout now."

Current status:

**Rage
AC 16 (10 +4 mage armor + 3 Wis + 1 Dodge -2 rage)
CMD 22 (24 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 8 + 8/41 + 8
Fort +12 Reflex +4 Will +9

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 5 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 2 of 2 used

Mobled continues to flurry, this time trying to land a stunning blow. She then hops back to the rock Doruk left (K8).

Flurry #1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 plus stunning fist DC15
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Flurry #2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

This time the creature's splashing make her aim less true.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 6, Init 26

I think I'm close enough.

Tiabrar takes another shot, but sends this one wide.

Darkwood Longbow +8
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 4

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,001 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.