Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,001 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"Mukluk, let's bring the magic table! Maybes you could ride it!"

Petrel is charmed by the animated domestic magic items.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk rolls his eyes at the naivete of the Sunkisser.

"Martigan, I'm telling you there ain't nothing right about that woman. When you realize that she's been living in that room all alone for ages and still untouched by the corruption of this place...there is something wrong. I tells yeah."

Mukluk stops and thinks of what he knows of Pelor and his gifts.

"We'll go back on the morrow or day after. Tell me you can find some prayers to divine her true nature, Martigan. Ask your god for some insight into the nature of her beast...because I'm telling you it ain't right."

* * *

Mukluk laughs off Petrel's invitation to have the table travel with them.

"It's a matter of doors, Petrel. It's not like this things is a fancified digging machine who could help us expand these tunnels, no! This is just a round table. Besides, if we were riding this round table, what would that make us? The knights of Sir Cumference? I bet we'd serve 'pi' at this round table! HAW HAW HA!"

Mukluk laughs for a few moments more at his own joke before moving on, leaving the table behind.


Through the great hall, statue-filled room and down the stairs, the party makes it's way back to the natural caverns that form the "Glitterhame".

Glitterhame Map

Several rotting grick corpses lay about the door through which you entered to remind you of what last transpired in this large natural cavern.

Greenish arrows indicate new directions of obvious exploration.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled starts to clamber up the slope toward what she presumes is the grick's lair (26).

Climb take 10 = 17


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Fine. Yar. Sure. Let's go that way."

Anything is better than that 'woman'. She ain't right.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk does his best to keep up with Mobled, but the climb proves more difficult for him in his armor.

I'm assuming a Climb of 12 is insufficient to climb the wall, so after Doruk tries taking 10, he tries again with a roll...

Climb 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Ooof. Sorry Mobled, but I'll have to wait down here. If you see anything hostile, just kick them over the cliff and I'm your man!"

Doruk tries to look efficient guarding the base of the cliff.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled looks back and smiles. "Ye need some help? No need for ye t' miss th' action. Er, ye got a rope t' throw up?"


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk looks sheepish...

"My rope is back at camp... where it will do the most good of course." He laughs.

"If you really want company, I could take off the armor and climb it easily enough. Just give me a few minutes."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Good thinkin'. I'm sure Cookey c'n make a nice stew of it."

Unless someone else offers a rope, Mobled continues into the cave, on guard for surprises...


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Ah, Mob. Don't get stand there...take a look around. Is there any reason for us to come up?"


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"I can certainly ask Pelor for such spells, but let us wait until the rest of this place is cleared. That strumpet has kept until now, she'll keep a little longer."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar stays at the bottom of the ledge, figuring he can shoot anything just as well from down below (and not be smashed in the face--unless of course something else sneaks up on him).


Posting quickly this morning before heading into meetings. For some reason I am now wondering if you guys did loot the upper area of the grick lair already?

Amid the grisly remains of dead trog corpses, orc corpses, rats and more, Mobled finds scattered coins throughout the lair and a single serviceable suit of scale mail armor.

In total, she gathers up 100gp and 100sp.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

I can't imagine us not searching it, but dinna recall exactly.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

I don't think we gathered this treasure before - I think I'd remember the scale mail...

"Should we put the armor back with my banded in the kitchen for now? is it magical?"


No magic auras should someone check them for it. Let me know where to next?


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

While waiting around with Mukluk, Petrel continues to think about the potential of animated furniture.

"... what if you took that wooden training dummy we saw, and put stone and metal plates on it, like it was a solider for war? You could animate it and call it... WoodForged."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk nods as Petrel talks, always willing to the man an ear.

"Woodforged, you say? That would be keen. We could probably make that work pretty soon." Mukluk rubs his chin in thought. "And Woodforged would have very few weaknesses too. Wood bends but does not always break. They would be fine warriors."

"There are some powerful magics that would allow that to happen. I'll see what I can do."

Animate objects. Mukluk is there in 7 levels.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Sounds to me like a race o' beings'd be horrible broke. Nay, no forged folk fer me."

Mobled shuffles along toward the southwesterly arrow, taking a swig off her whiskey skin. Ah, comforts me soul, does th' malt.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk shakes his head at the thought of an automated army. They'll always need grunts in the field to do their thinking for them.

"Shall we press on, maybe here to the right? There were a couple passages off this room that we missed I think. They should be small chambers and easy to finish."

Doruk gestures toward room 21, but he'll easily follow Mobled to the SW as well.


By moving to area 21, I'm guessing you guys explore the unexplored cave to it's south.

Returning to the natural cavern where you faced the trogs and the great bear, you discover the bodies of the troglodytes and bear are now missing. Blood from the battle a few days ago still stains the floor here, the only confirmation such a fight took place.

Doruk holds his magically illuminated shield aloft while Mobled and he advance towards the unexplored southern cave.

A trickle of water seeping down from the hillside above reaches this irregular cavern, nourishing a profusion of fungus - weird puffballs, tall caps and patches of fuzzy mold in a variety of colors.

A golden-brown carpet of mold covers an old skeleton in rusted mail in the southern part of the room, and a narrow passageway leads to another small room beyond this one. A surprisingly clean and reflective mace gleams from the skeleton's bony grasp.

Updated Map


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Any o' ye care fer a mace?"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar ignores the shiny mace and examines the fungus and mold without actually touching any of it...yet.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 knowledge nature
I'm guessing actually dungeoneering.


The adventure shows DC23 Knowledge Nature can be used...

Tiabrar identifies the majority of the mold in the cavern as yellow mold.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar suddenly remembers a very long night--or was it a week--experimenting with the yellow mold.

"Don't touch the mold. It'll knock you down like a troll who thinks you have his gold...and the experience is definitely not worth it."

Tiabrar gets far away from the mold.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"So how do we get past it? Not to be crude, but that's a very nice looking mace and we might want it."

Doruk steps back and breathes shallowly just in case it's airborne.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"I wonder if it be good fer killin' gricks..."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk continues to ponder Petrel's automaton army as they walk/search.

"...and, of course, animate constructs are completely obedient and can be trained to do many functions in the bedroom, including...blahblahblah blah blah blahblah...fresh cantelope could be involved....blahblahblah blah blah blahblah...in addition, they can strike with force into sensitive...blahblahblah blah blah blahblah...which is why gnomes are perfect...blahblahblah blah blah blahblah...and then she was naked! I mean, right, Petrel, right!? You'd do the same thing...blahblahblah blah blah blahblah...too much grease...blahblahblah blah blah blahblah...right up his bum! So that's why wooden would be superior to metal or stone."

Mukluk finally stops talking to explore the mold.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Know (Nature)
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Know (Dungeoneering)


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Fire. We should hit it with fire. From afar. Don't get close."

Mukluk looks around for some wood or flamants.

"Say there, Mobled, why don't you toss your liquor on it and we'll set that ablaze, eh?"


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"Oh, Gambli must have come down for the bear carcass! Probably making my cloak & rug set while grilling us up some tasty bear steaks! I like that guy, a real model of an employee."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Waste good hooch on a bloody mace? Ye crazy, coz?!? Howsabout ye pray t' Prlor fee me wellbein', father, 'n I'll go jus' grab th' shiny cudgel fer ye?" I.e. guidance.


Mukluk knows as much as Tiabrar regarding the yellow mold. Feel free to click on the link earlier (I'm sure you already did).

And yes, when someone uses Detect Magic, the mace radiates it.

Perception DC25 if looking at the mace from afar:

A small glowing runic "D" (with an accent mark through it) can be seen on the bottom of the mace's hilt - the smith's mark of the famous dwarvish weaponcrafter, Durgeddin.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk roots through his pack...

"Yes! I have two flasks of alchemy fire if you want them. Also a little gin, but not much left I'm afraid."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Briar elf, might ye wanna do some flamin', like ye elf laddies do?" Pretty l'il bird. Too bad 'e's a lad."

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will take the advice of their Fire Elf and stand way back. Way, way back. He'll find as much cover as possible while still being able to see what is happening, and be ready to sprint for the river if a fog of deadly spores rolls out.

This may be as cool as that explosion at the flour mill!


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"I'm not sure Pelor's guidance would be enough Mobled, but with Doruk's flasks it should be easy enough. Sadly I had a spell that would've been perfect for this occasion yesterday."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk watches the firing with the Alchemist Fires.

"Doruk, maybe you want to let the elf use them things for yeah. Or maybe not. I'd hate to waste my powerful dwarf magicks on that mold, but I would if I had to."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Perception


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

status:

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 27/27
Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +1
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 2/7
Alchemist Fire left 5/7 (4 after this)
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: Not used
Extracts (1st-4/day, 2nd-2/day)
1st
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared
2nd
Vomit swarm - 1 prepared
Shield - 1 prepared

Tiabrar reaches into his pack and pulls out a couple alchemist fires. "If I may."

Tiabrar waits for people to move and then tosses an alchemist fire at the mace. If this doesn't clear a path, he'll toss another.

1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19 - 2nd if needed.
1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk keeps his distance from the flames, but remains ready in case the figure rises and engages in combat.

He gives one of his alchemy fires to Tiabrar. "This way we'll both still have one."


As the pair of alchemical fires arc into the cavern and detonate, the mold shudders and bursts - sending tens of thousands of tiny spores into the room, yet none appearing to reach as far as where you all are standing.

Once the fires subside and the chaos settles, Tiabrar has created a scorched pathway to the skeleton and the mace it holds.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Nice shooting, Tiabrar. You're pretty good when that bow isn't in your hands."

Upon learning that there is a mace...

"Oh yeah, this is nice. See this maker's mark? That's what we are here to see. Fine weapons. This place might be loaded with them."

Mukluk casts Detect Magic.
1d100 ⇒ 43 Spell Failure

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Spellcraft to Identify


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)
Tiabrar wrote:

Tiabrar reaches into his pack and pulls out a couple alchemist fires. "If I may."

Tiabrar waits for people to move and then tosses an alchemist fire at the mace. If this doesn't clear a path, he'll toss another.

1d20+7+1
1d6
1d20+7+1 - 2nd if needed.
1d6

Note that you add your Int bonus to direct hit and splash damage with all splash weapons, not just your bombs.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Once the fire clears, Mobled claps Tiabrar on the shoulder. "I do like me some flamin' elf lads." She walks into the room to retrieve the mace. She returns it to Mukluk.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Mobled are you sure it's sa..."

Martigan's warning dies on his lips as Mobled moves into the smoldering moss.

Can't be any worse than that rotgut I suppose.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

In case there was a Fort check required still... 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


The mace is safely retrieved.

As Mobled reaches it, she is able to glance into the southern room, and notices yet another skeleton amid more of the mold. This second skeleton is completely buried up to it's neck in the eerie growths, but his skull can be seen wearing a shiny, silvery helmet

About fifteen full feet of fungal growth separates the two skeletons.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Anything for the spellcraft 25 on the mace?

Mukluk, seeing more skeletons, casts Detect Magic.
1d100 ⇒ 86 Spell failure

"Lookee there. I wonder what kinds of skeletons those are."

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Heal check

Mukluk will cast Mage Hand and try to retrieve the helmet...though will discontinue the attempt if the mold comes with.
1d100 ⇒ 22 Spell failure


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"That helmet might be the tip of a very nice suit of armor. We should clear it away as well I think."

He hands Tiabrar his last Alchemy Flask.

"I hope we don't meet any swarms down here."


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

About now is when a secondary trap would activate, since the obvious primary is out of the way...


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Careful there..."

Martigan divides his attention between the dwarf and shiney new mace in Mukluk's hands.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,001 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.