Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,001 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 2, Initiative 6, Location F5->E6

Status:
AC 24 (f22/t14) (+2 combat expertise) HP: 36/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none

Doruk 5' steps to try and envelop the wight. Unsure if Mobled will be able to comply, he doesn't hold his attack but rather presses on quickly.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12 damage.

"Now you wight, leave Mobled alone - leave us ALL alone!"


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 3, Init 24

Mukluk fires another missile at the wight.

"GlimSkie!"
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 force damage

Mukluk will move to C1.

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 20/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 25/50


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 2, Init 18

Female voice: There's a huge skeleton in your face.

Tiabrar draws his longsword, swings wildly, and takes a 5' step back into the hallway.

1d6 ⇒ 1 fire damage from ongoing burning
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel completes his lap, ducking and weaving to avoid giant skeletons, in order to stab at the wight.

Acrobatics +11 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Stabbing with his magical weapon: Single knife no-sneak 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d4 ⇒ 3


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 2 Init 18

Status:

HP = 27/35
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6 (2d6)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 4, 4 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Resist Energy (DC 16), Heat Metal (DC 16), Silence (DC 16), Bull's Strength (DC 16)
1 (4/day) Murderous Command (DC 15), Divine Favor (DC 15), Bless, Command (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Status Effects = None

"May Pelor guide our blades and hearts against these foul undead!"

Bless


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Init 18

Mobled rages, kicking out repeatedly in an attempt to knock the unlife out of the wight. If the wight falls, she steps in to fight the nearer of the large skeletons.

Current status:

AC 16 (10 +3 Wis +1 Dodge +4 Mage Armor -2 Rage)
CMD 22 (24 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 41/41
Fort +10 Reflex +4 Will +7

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & dorn dergar
Rage 1 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 0 of 2 used

Flurry 1 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Flurry 2 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Rolls:

S Pew "Club" vs T: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19

2---
18 Tiabrar : 5ft step, longsword, wild swing
18 Mobled : Flurry vs wight, hits for 9HP, 11HP, drops the wight
18 Martigan : Casts Bless
11 Petrel : Stabs at burning skeleton, misses
6 Doruk : Slashes at burning skeleton, hits for 7HP (DR5), drops it

3---
24 Mukluk : Wands skeleton by Tiabrar for 3HP
24 Wight (-40): dead dead
24 Lg Skeleton #1 (-21) : dead dead
24 Lg Skeleton #2 (-3): Swings bench at Tiabrar
18 Tiabrar :
18 Mobled :
18 Martigan :
11 Petrel :
6 Doruk :

4--
24 Mukluk :

Tiabrar backs away, unused to wielding his longsword, slashing wildly and missing while Mobled continues to simply punch the wight into a more permanent state of death.

The Sun Father's blessings twinkle with a warm light as Doruk's guisarme slices through the burning skeleton, and Mukluk is forced to aim his wand elsewhere, it's arcane energy rippling through the menacing bench-wielding monster facing Tiabrar.

The large skeleton advances, handling the wooden bench like a toy club, smashing it against the wall near Tiabrar as the elf winces and recognized the sheer, destructive strength of his adversary.

Only the large skeleton attacking Tiabrar is left.

Latesst Map

Now Up: Everyone!


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 3, Initiative 6, Location G4->J4

Status:
AC 24 (f20/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 36/36
Weapon Equipped = flail & shield
Conditions = none

Doruk drops his guisarme (left in G4) and draws his flail as he moves behind the skeleton. He tries to duck under the skeletons attacks as he closes.

The guisarme is slashing, less damage to skeletons you fool!

Acrobatic check to avoid AoO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Flail combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 doing 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Init 12 {>H7}

Mobled charges through the debris (!!!), spinning her wrecking ball down on the skeleton's head.

status:

**Rage
AC 16 (10 +4 mage armor + 3 Wis + 1 Dodge -2 rage)
CMD 22 (24 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 41 + 8/41 + 8
Fort +12 Reflex +4 Will +9

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 2 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 2 used

"Enough o' this clatterin'! GET! YE! DEAD! 'N stay there!"

Dorn dergar 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 23
1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 3, Init 18

The map doesn't look like it's adjacent, but your description did.

Female voice: I'd just punch it.
That would hurt.
Female voice: It'll be more effective than your sword.

Tiabrar takes another wild swing with his longsword and stumbles back another 5'.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 4, Init 24

Mukluk fires his wand again at the skelly.

"GlimSkie!"
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 force damage

"C'mon, men! We got them back to dying!"

Oops! Did I just say 'men'?!! I hope I didn't offend Tiabrar.


Ah it did attack with reach... no worries though, as...

Mobled rushes forward through the debris, bringing her dorn-dergar into what surely passes for the skeleton creature's ribs, while Doruk rolls into position and brings his guisarme upward. Despite it glancing off the bone, it manages to shatter most of what remains on the creature as it drops back into a lifeless pile.

Combat is over! Mukluk can save that last wand charge he used.

A thorough search of the room determines the orcish wight was wearing what appears to be a masterwork breastplate (of the agile variety), while a magical aura can be detected on the full plate armor worn by the long dead dwarven corpse.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan surveys the carnage.

"Well that was well done."

Except for the elf. Clearly not a brawler.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will prod a skeleton. What sort of bones were they made from?


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled searches the room carefully, stomping on any bone that so much as quivers.

Perception take 20 = 27

"Ye think any o' these're Muletenders, coz?"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar finds a sturdy bench, sits down, and sips--quickly--on a flask.

"There are no rear lines in adventuring are there?"


The skeletons seem to have been animated orc skeleton, although Petrel isn't an expert on such matters - they could've been animated hill giants for all he knows.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk cheers as the last descecrant falls.

"Take that, ye boney bastard! No unlife for you, ever again!" Mukluk strokes his beard and puts away his wand, still awed by the dwarven holy room. "Martigan, don't suppose you can help re-sanctify this room so that these things or worse don't like being here until we can get a true Moradinite here to do proper dwarven blessings?"

Mukluk has a hopeful gleam in his eye. "I can help out some with the high prayer, it would mean so much."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk also casts Detect Magic and scans the room.

Take 20 Perception = 24, looking for magic, gold, artifacts.


As mentioned previously, the plate armor on the dwarven corpse on the altar radiates a magical aura.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

While waiting Martigan’s eager and enthusiastic help in consecrating the holy room, Mukluk will examine the armor.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 Spellcraft

”This be fine armor, no doubt.”


+1 Full Plate, appropriate for a medium-sized humanoid.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk whistles as he gets a full read on the armor.

"Say Doruk, you want to wear this? Martigan!? I hate to see armor like this go to waste. It's nice stuff."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
Mukluk Muletender wrote:
"Say Doruk, you want to wear this? Martigan!? I hate to see armor like this go to waste. It's nice stuff."

Doruk eyes the armor greedily.

"I would be most comfortable in such a suit! Give me a few minutes to change and prepare, er, unless you'd rather have it Martigan. If I'm to have it, would you like my Banded Mail?"

Doruk casts Prestidigitation and very carefully, one cubic foot at a time, cleans and shines the amour. He then takes the remaining time on the spell (1 hour duration) and cleans his old Banded Armor.

Never put gear away dirty.

When he's done, he either gives up the Plate to Martigan, or dons it himself grinning widely.


Moving things along to your next likely choice of new exploration...

After Doruk cleans and dons the magical armor (and sets his old armor own somewhere? Or hands it off?), the party retraces it's steps to the great hall where the originally met the first duergar.

Updated Map

Crossing the hall to the far side, usual precautions are employed prior to opening the door before Mobled swings it open and everyone cautiously advances, light cantrips renewed and weapons ready.

This large room is line with hearths.

Pots, pans, cauldrons and kettles lie scattered throughout the room, and an archway to your right leads into a pantry filled with what you can clearly identify as rotting foodstuff. You spy several rats fleeing for deeper darkness at your approach.

The room obviously once served as the kitchen for the dwarven smiths.

Mobled begins to enter the room as she always does, and Doruk steps forward second. Upon Doruk's entry and seemingly ignorant of Mobled's presence, the large wooden table in the room shudders and seems to come to life as it advances forward at the Shieldlander.

Take any free actions you like...


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar holds his bow and doesn't even sigh as something else comes to life.

"At least the floor hasn't swallowed us yet."

Female voice: You haven't finished exploring the place.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

I still am not certain the armor is going to Doruk, but if it is, he carries his banded and sets it down at the door to each room as they enter, retrieving it as we walk to the next room. At least until we surface again and he can set it with the other gear.

Doruk, shield up and guisarme at the ready, wonders at the moving table.

Perhaps it is simply being helpful. It is reasonable that not EVERYTHING in here is hostile. Some things must be in place to help the Dwarves in their daily routine. Why not a moving table?

None the less, he warns the others just in case.

"It may be nothing hostile, but that table is moving toward me."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Dwarven:
"Stop movin', ye pile o' sticks, or I'll turn ye inta splinters."

Mobled spins her dorn dergar threateningly, ready to smash it if it advances forward.

Dorn dergar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"Good thing Mobled is talented at breaking objects. She smashes like an orc!"


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk smiles as Doruk dons the pretty armor.

"Yes, Doruk, that armor suits you well. You will be a fine warrior." Mukluk helps clean the armor with Prestidigitation, smiling all the while.

I might have worn it as well...but it fits him better.

* * *

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Know (Arcana) on the table

"A table moves? Really? It's not unheard of...but why would it in this kitchen?"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled whirls around at Petrel's ill considered words. "Take that back, Petal, or ye'll be makin' a lunch o' my fist. Coz, tell yer lackey to shut 'is pie hole."

I don't mean to actually get into a brawl, but comparing a touchy, drunken dwarf barbarian to an orc?!


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel is surprised Mobled would turn her back on a suddenly animated table, but laughs off her sudden rage at the compliment.

"Oh! You've been imprisoned so long you probably don't recognize a compliment anymore. That is how people talk: As strong as an ox, as pretty as an elf, as smart as a dwarf, as nimble as a cat... Or as violent as an Orc."

Duegar sure are touchy. They hate orcs more than dwarves and elves put together!

"By the way a table is sneakings up on you."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Fragile as a petal."

The dorn dergar grazes the tip of Petrel's nose as it swings in a wide arc and crashes down on the table.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Children, let's not fight. You're all pretty under the gaze of the Sun."

Or is that petty?

Martigan stands by the door, bemused at more animated furniture.

"Why were the dwarves of this place obsessed with moving furniture? Was it their wives perhaps, vexed at never having the chair pushed in or the lid of the waste chute closed?"


Rolls:

Doruk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Martigan: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Mobled: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Mukluk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Petrel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Table: 1d20 ⇒ 8

The table continues to lurch forward at Doruk, bringing it's full surface up to say hello.

Mukluk:

A typical animated object as per the spell, no doubt left as a defender of the kitchen by a dwarf.

1 ---
19 Petrel :
18 Tiabrar :
18 Doruk :
16 Mobled : Smacks it for 0HP
10 Mukluk :
8 Table :
2 Martigan :

Now Up: Everyone except Martigan :)


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 1, Init 10

Well, it *could* have worked last time. Always trust Petrel, that's my motto. Might as well try again.

Dwarven:

"Sit, table, Sit!" If that fails, Mukluk will try a few more commands.

"Down, table!"
"Relax!"
"Fancy a brew!?"
"Antiquing?!"
"Glimwaddle!"
"Orcs suck!"
"Beer for all!"
"Moradin prevails!"
"Semper Fi?"

Should the table not behave, Mukluk will draw and fire his wand.

"GlimSkie!"
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 force damage

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 20/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 23/50


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 1, Initiative 18, Location 10' from table

Status:
AC 27 (f23/t14)(+2 combat expertise) HP: 36/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none

Doruk takes a step to remain 10' away from the table and smashes into it with his guisarme.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12 damage.

"I guess it is hazardous! Everyone back, Mobled and I can take this table I'm sure!"

whiff!


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 1, Init 18

sigh

Tiabrar aims for a table leg, hoping it will be easier to damage then the tabletop.

1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 25
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 18
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Edit: includes cover.


Tiabrar sinks some arrows into the table's wooden surface, while Doruk makes a wild swing to drive the construct back.

Just as Mobled's dorn-dergar glances off the surface, the table obediently hesitates at one of Mukluk's copious commands, lowering it's back half almost as if it were a sitting canine.

Let me know if you want to continue to beat up the obedient table.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Just one arrow. Forgot the third dice for the crit. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar stares at the recoiling table.

It isn't going to continue until it's a pile of splinters?

Tiabrar hangs back, unwilling to trust any object in this place--especially one that has already moved.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled stops spinning the dorn dergar and goes to pet the table. "Good... lass...?


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk winks at Petrel.

The lad is always right.

"Good work, Petrel. And did you see the mice and rats that were in here when we opened the door? Them cats are going to love it here."

Mukluk moves into the room and looks around.

Cast Detect Magic.

"Doruk, maybe you want to leave your old armor here and let the table guard it."

I should mend that table on the morrow. Sure wish it was an animated digging machine, but can't wish for everything.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk looks a little confusedly at the table, but puts his Banded armor under it as if to have it protected.

"Ready to proceed."

A whiff, really? That's the second time I've begun combat with such a poor showing. Clearly I must practice...


Assuming you allow the table to, er... "live"...

A thorough exploration of the kitchens turns up no end of mundane cookware and implements one would expect to find in a kitchen.

Several very shiny spoons can be found amongst eating utensils. If only someone had a use for such implements...

Barely anything is salvageable in terms of foodstuffs. The rats scatter away upon approach, and no other threats can be found in this corner of Durgeddin's fortress.

I believe this leaves returning to the woman, or changing levels of the fortress to continue explorations, either back down the stairs to the Glitterhame or down the ladder into the deep, dark pit...


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled, having very little interest in the daft 'human' woman, walks over to the ladder, but hesitates for a bit. She avoids meeting the eyes of her companions, a look of shame on her face.

He didn't mean anything by it... Daft human dinna know what th' orcs did t' ye. T' yer clan. Mukluk urges 'im on, but 'e's as barmy as Coz Gobfob. Guess coz is takin' pity on th' poor soul. Should do th' same.

"Petal, I'm sorry fer snappin' at ye. Ye're human 'n 'ave no way o' knowin' what th' orcs done t' m—." Her voice chokes as her hand drops to protect her lower abdomen. She quickly regains her composure, and looks up with a fire in her eyes. "My people."

"'N Petal, I'm no duergar. Th' duergar're th' stuff o' madness 'n corruption. I'm jus' Haela's daughter, all fury 'n spite."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Seeing Mobled making for the ladder, Doruk follows.

"The ladder Mobled? You don't want to finish searching the Glitterhame before descending into the pit? Mind you I'm fine either way, but it seems like the Glitterhame is a decent next step."

And a fair bit less DARK.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"As ye wish, but why not strike straight at th' heart o' th' dark?"

Honestly, I've forgotten what we've missed in Glitterhame. Whichever.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk rubs his beard in thought.

"Yep, we should go to Glitterhame before going down the ladder. Heck, we might even want to visit that nice lady before the ladder, but definitely the 'hame first."

Mukluk begins to march to Glitterhame and those sections unexplored.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Back to the woman? I still don't like that she's just sitting there."

Martigan follows the rest, mace at the ready.

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,001 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.