Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


201 to 250 of 3,001 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 1 AoO, Location C 7

Status:
AC: 15 HP: 12/12
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Conditions = none

Attacks of opportunity:
Guisarme attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 doing 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7 damage.
Guisarme attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 doing 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9 damage.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 1 Initiative 10 D8

Status:

HP = 10
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2
Cleric Spells Left (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +0 ranged touch):
0 Purify Food and Drink (DC 13), Create Water, Light
1 Sun Metal (DC 14)
Status Effects = None

AoO vs s1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Filthy blood suckers!"

Heavy Mace s1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

oh dear


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 1, Initiative 4, Location C 7 -> D 4

Status:
AC: 15 HP: 12/12
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Conditions = none

Doruk moves to D 4 and attacks S3.
Guisarme attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 doing 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9 damage.

"Duck Mukluk!"
Be careful Doruk. Don't hit your employer!


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 1, init 8

Petrel will drop his improvised tools and draw a knife. He will stab at the bat critter attacking Mukluk...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d4 ⇒ 4

Is that bug in Mukluk's square?


1 ---
Aralynn 21 : Fires two arrows, kills s2.
s1 : Enters Martigan's square, sinks its proboscis into Martigan
s3 : Enters Mukluk's square, sinks its proboscis into Mukluk
AoOs: Doruk kills s3. Martigan misses.
Martigan 10 : Misses
Petrel 8 : Misses
Mukluk 5 : TBD
Doruk 4 : Kills s2.

Doruk wastes no time brandishing his guisarme, free of any peacebonding, at the bat-birds. With a deft swing, he knocks the first to the ground before it can even reach Mukluk.

The second evades him and Martigan both, it's needle sliding deep into the cleric's shoulder. As Martigan swings meekly, Doruk aims his weapon true and slices through it's torso as it drops to the ground.

Martigan extracts the head and probe and breathes a sigh of relief.

All the creatures are dead.

Aralynn's search turns up an ordinary steel horseshoe - the source of the reflected light.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
DM Panic wrote:
Aralynn's search turns up an ordinary steel horseshoe - the source of the reflected light.

"Aralynn, we should be more careful in our quest for loot. If a simple steel horseshoe results in these beasts, imagine what lies ahead with gold!"

Doruk cleans his weapon carefully and prepares to enter the building.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Well done Doruk!" Mukluk says in a whisper.

"Let's try to keep it quiet and Petrel...the door, please!" Mukluk says to the group.

"Let's get back into position."

Mukluk stands next to Aralynn, waiting for the door to open, ready to blast as needed.


Petrel approaches the door (C9) and inspects it for traps. Finding none, he then listens. Hearing nothing beyond, he turns the handle to check if it is locked.

Petrels Rolls:

From his earlier post before the stirge distraction...

Check for Traps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Listen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

He finds it locked, and his quick attempt to jimmy it open using a nearby twig is unsuccessful.

The lock is DC20, I presume he'd wish to "Take 20" and get it open.

After a few more minutes of effort, whereby the twig whittles down, Petrel lines the tumblers up just right, twists the handle and slowly pushes the door open.

As the door extends into the room a mere two inches, a bell can be heard not far ringing with a melodic DING sound.


Female Half-Elf Monk (Zen Archer) 1

Not sure if you want me to track ammunition.
1d100 ⇒ 14
Araylnn tries to retrieve her arrow, but finds it broken. She returns to C3 to await the opening of the door.

EDIT:Seems like we might be back in initiative. If not, Aralynn will look around for the people sure to arrive soon. 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk resists the urge to turn Petrel into a newt and instead urges a bit of quickness.

"Let's get in there. Might as well move while we still have some chance at surprise."


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan almost slaps his palm to his face before remembering he is carrying heavy objects in both hands. Instead he moves into position to support Doruk and Aralynn, not sure how Mukluk and Petrel move.

whisper to Doruk:

"I wonder if the door was even locked. Thanks again for saving my life old friend, I've lost count of the times you two have done that for me now."


The five of you push the door open the rest of the way, revealing a 15 foot long hallway that cuts to the left.

You proceed in single file, weapons in hand and ready for a fight. With all the windows boarded shut, it is fairly dark in the hallway.

I'll presume someone creates light, just let me know who and how.

I'll describe the next couple of rooms, as the doors are all slightly ajar.

Doruk, you glance inside...

The first room (G8) you encounter reeks - a pungent odor wafts out of what must have been a kitchen. A large worktable covered with rotten food and haunted by swarms of flies lurks against the west wall, and a cold fire pit stands in the corner next to a heap of dirty pots and clay crocks.

Petrel and Aralynn, you peek into...

The next room (G6), a room so laden with junk, the door which opens into the room cannot be moved more than a two inch crack. The rubble in this room contains all manner of items, pots, rags, rusted horseshoes, furniture. The trash appears six to seven feet high in some parts.

Mukluk and Martigan look into...

The third room (G5), where you are shocked to discover a human corpse dressed in simple leathers slumped against the far wall. A crossbow sits on his lap and his eyes are swollen shut.

As you all contemplate the contents of these three rooms, a closed door seals the end of the hallway and the fourth and final door is wide open revealing...

A mess hall where a long table dominates the center of the chamber, surrounded by a number of patchwork chairs. A few cracked plates and moldy scraps of food litter the tabletop.

Updated Map - shows the four areas you just uncovered.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue
DM Panic wrote:

Petrel and Aralynn, you peek into...

The next room (G6), a room so laden with junk, the door which opens into the room cannot be moved more than a two inch crack. The rubble in this room contains all manner of items, pots, rags, rusted horseshoes, furniture. The trash appears six to seven feet high in some parts.

"More treasure for you," Petrel says to Aralynn with a smirk, waving at the rusted horseshoes.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will take carefully check for traps at the remaining door. Take 20 for 23 perception. If he finds any he will warn Mukluk and the guards as they stack up at the door, and then will disable them.

Disable 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

He will again check if the door is locked and if so, pick it with the twigs he amazingly crafted into improvised picks.

Disable -2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Half-Elf Monk (Zen Archer) 1

Araylnn will look into each room as they pass.
G5 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
G6 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
G7 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
G8 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
She will also step up to examine the last door before it is open if given the chance.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

"Looks good to me. If anyone is here, they already know we're here. We can examine this more after we're sure the building is clear."


Female Half-Elf Monk (Zen Archer) 1
Petrel wrote:
"More treasure for you," Petrel says to Aralynn with a smirk, waving at the rusted horseshoes.

"Just because I'm with you, don't presume I've taken a liking to trash."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk stares at the body with the crossbow and thinks for a moment.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Religion

Mukluk tosses his head from side to side, trying to make up his mind about something.

"Doruk, would you mind just clobbering that thing's head off? Try not to destroy the crossbow, but I hate having dead men around. There were some mages in the Academy that loved to practice there magics on them."

@Aralynn: nice comeback. Lolz.

In considering his reaction if the body started to walk around, Mukluk feels the need to mention something to his companions.

"I don't expect you all to understand magic...heck, I don't understand all that much of it either, but there are some things that I do know and can do. One of the things I do is create a pretty toxic acid gas that, while short lived, can really burn and sicken. I'll tell you all where I'm putting it, but try to avoid, k? I'd like to keep the skin on your bodies."


Petrel does not find any traps at the door at the end of the hallway.

Aralynn is unable to search the trash room with any degree of certainty through the narrow two inch opening, but she takes a good look at the remaining rooms. It's actually unclear how you would get into the trash filled room without removing the door.

The mess hall (G7) appears to have a hidden panel that can slide and function as a door. This passage would lead deeper into the house.

In scanning the kitchen (G8), a narrow shelf above the fire pit contains a small wooden box with six tindertwigs.

Presuming the dead man is searched after his head is removed...

The man's corpse is wearing perfectly functional leather armor, and the light crossbow on his lap seems to be in good repair. There is a small belt pouch attached to his belt.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Martigan, any clue how this man died? Or how long he's been dead? I mean, before Doruk removed his head."

Mukluk wonders what this man is doing here, and why his weapons are so fresh.

While the others work on the door (Petrel is taking 20), Mukluk will Detect Magic in the 4 rooms, taking a moment to penetrate wood, as necessary.


No magical auras detected in the four rooms.

Give me a Heal check to identify cause of death on the corpse.


Female Half-Elf Monk (Zen Archer) 1

Aralynn collects the tindertwigs and notes to the others the possible secret passage in the mess hall. If no one else does, she will check out the "small belt pouch" on the dead man.

"I suggest we take the possible secret entrance here. If I were setting up an ambush, it would be at the next door that Petrel is trying to open."


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue
Aralynn Huntinghawk wrote:
Petrel wrote:
"More treasure for you," Petrel says to Aralynn with a smirk, waving at the rusted horseshoes.
"Just because I'm with you, don't presume I've taken a liking to trash."

"You can check for traps from now on."

hahaha. Also meta gaming, your perception is so much better. :)

Mukluk is making a fart joke? Dwarven humor is so immature. Maybe he is half dwarf, half gnome.

Petrel has his knives ready when not checking for traps / picking locks.

Is the secret door trapped or locked?
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Truly Master Muletender the constitution of dwarves must be even greater than the legends tell if you are able to emit gas so potent and survive."

Martigan moves over to examine the now headless body.

"I will do my best to determine cause of death, although if the first cause was a blow to the head the second will not make things easier for me."

Heal +7
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Well that should give me something!


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
Martigan the Sun-Touched wrote:
Whispers to Doruk

"Thanks Martigan." He grins, "I think that's what your paying me for is it not?"

Martigan the Sun-Touched wrote:
"Doruk, would you mind just clobbering that thing's head off? Try not to destroy the crossbow, but I hate having dead men around. There were some mages in the Academy that loved to practice there magics on them."

Doruk does his best to take it off cleanly and then carefully cleans his guisarme.

As the party moves about Doruk tries to position himself in the best tactical attack point into each room - just behind the door opener with his guisarme readied.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

With the head off and Martigan exploring the body, Mukluk will use his pick to remove the coin purse and jingle it to see what is therein.

Plenty of time before that take 20 of Petrel goes off...could have guards soon.


Aralynn is first to relieve the dead guard of his belt pouch. Peeking inside, she discovers a single platinum plate, 6 gold orbs and 12 silver nobles.

Petrel, not finding any traps on the secret door, slides the panel open, revealing the room beyond.

This wide chamber is clear of debris and filth. Three large wooden double bunks take up half the room, while a pair of practice dummies and straw targets dominate the other half. At the foot of each bunk is a wooden chest.

The foul odor of sickness is deep in this room, the source made evident by the bodies sprawled in the bunks.

Petrel presumes the bodies are additional corpses, but as he observes the room, he notices movement from at least two of the bunks. Whatever is in them still lives, but makes no quick movements to intercept you, and appears to not even notice your presence.

Then one rasps hoarsely.

"Daylin? Is that you? I'm so thirsty..."

Updated Map - revealing the secret room beyond (G9).


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk fishes out his waterskin as he walks toward the bunk, keeping his guisarme in his other hand.

"Not Daylin, Doruk. Are you not feeling well? Here, I have some water."

There is a camaraderie among mercenaries that transcends employers. These fellows are NOT well cared for! Perhaps we can enjoin them to chat rather than fight today.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will go into the secret room and look around.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

This place is a dump! That guy probably is crawling with giant ticks, I'll let Doruk handle him.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

DM Panic, before MM moves away from the xbow guy, what was the result of Martigan's heal check on cause of death?


As Doruk offers his waterskin to the man in the bed who is talking, he readily accepts it and downs half it's contents before handing it back. Water dribbles down his weathered face.

His eyes are swollen, and it's clear that he is unable to see, if he is not fully blind.

Several other bodies roll around in their bunks, and another calls out, "Doruk? Are you new? Did Cyrathas recruit you?"

Of the six bunks, five are occupied. Four seem to bear four men in similar conditions, eyes swollen shut. The fifth seems to be breathing but is perfectly still otherwise.

Other than the occupants and their possessions stowed away in wooden chests, Petrel notices several practice locks and traps build into the wall near the training dummies. These sorts of devices are common among thieves who wish to practice their trade.


Mukluk Muletender wrote:
DM Panic, before MM moves away from the xbow guy, what was the result of Martigan's heal check on cause of death?

Ah, yes.

Martigan examines the body and finds the dead man was quite parched upon death, his extremities appear be withered away as if his body devoured his own muscles in an unquenchable hunger.

Martigan has a suspicion and moves to examine the severed head, and finds the eye sockets are severely swollen.

He confirms his diagnosis that the man died of Blinding sickness

Martigan can also confirm the five men in the bunks are all afflicted with the same disease.

Martigan:

As far as you know, the disease is not spread through contact, but is ingested.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"This must be something of a school for burglars."

I wonder if it is connected with the Grey College or those stupid bards.

"Martigan, can you sees if they are suffering from a poisoned trap? Or maybe giant ticks."


Female Half-Elf Monk (Zen Archer) 1

Aralynn pockets the coins. "Just some coins. We can divide them later."

Upon seeing the blinded and dying men. To no one in particular, "I doubt these men were involved in any recent thefts."

Aralynn approaches the men, but does not touch them. "How long have you been like this? Where is your employer? Is there no one to care for you?"
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Blinding sickness. Ai!" Mukluk grunts.

"Don't eat anyting, gentlemen, let's see if we can help this one survivor. And get some answers out of him."

"Martigan, can you do anything for this one?"

Mukluk will use his pick to open the trunks from the side or behind the opening (assuming no one is standing in front of them).

Might be traps all over this place.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk doles out the rest of his water to the bedridden and puts the empty skin on an empty bed and leaves it behind. Then he takes up a position near the door and stands guard.

Disease! So many! There employer is really sloppy to waste so many men in this way.


At the sounds of others entering the room, the first one questions Doruk, "Doruk? Who else is there? Daylin? Dalta?"

When Aralynn speaks, one of the emaciated and blinded men calls out, "I dun reko-nize that voice either, who's the woman?"

When the monk asks about their employer, he grows nervous. "What you folk doin' here if you dun know that?"

Another, "Simmen, them's thieves come to rob us."

When they hear Mukluk opening their trunks, the anxiety grows greater.

"Oy! What you doin' in me trunk?"

This last men, at the bottom bunk next to the trunk that Mukluk is opening wrangles himself from the bed and somehow manages to palm a dagger in his hand. He makes a blind warning thrust towards the dwarf.

"Get out of here ye crooked thief!"

Another calls, "Tyrol, are you attacking them?"

"Damn straight, he's trying to take me goods!"

The one trunk that Mukluk opened reveals neatly folded clothes within.

The one called Tyrol continues to brandish a dagger warily and seems to be trying to ward you off. The other man on the bottom bunk struggles but manages to sit himself up. He's sniffing the air and his head is tilted sideways as he listens. You spot a sheathed dagger in his hand as well, it having been slung over the bedpost by his pillow.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk curses the foolishness of his attacker in dwarven.

"Calm down, I'm not here to steal from you. I'm looking for the source of your poison. See? You've been blinded and I'm not sure what the source was. You've all been blinded...can you not see--" Mukluk fumbles his words before choosing more carefully, "...can you not understand that?"

Mukluk lets the lid of the trunk drop.

"I have here a man who can help you, but we need some help as well...tell us true and maybe you'll survive the day. Unless you want to die alone, blind, and in a bed."


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan stands up from his examination of the corpse and looks around for something to clean his hands on. Moving over to a corner he murmurs a short prayer to Pelor and creates water over his hands.

"Blinding sickness. If you touch anything make sure you wash your hands after. We won't catch it from these men unless we eat something."

Martigan heads over to the room containing the sick men, and looks at each one carfully.

Take 20 on Heal for a 27

"I will try to find what infected them, but I doubt there is anything I can do for them at this stage. The blindness is permanent without the aid of greater divine aid than I am worth of in any case."

Poor wretches, to be abandoned so.

"I fear at this point they will suffer less under Petrel's ministrations than my own."


Mukluk stepped up to play the role of diplomat. Giving him a +2 circumstance bonus for Doruk's goodwill with his waterskin.

Mukluk Diplomacy (shift from unfriendly to indifferent, DC20): 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) - 1 + 2 = 21

Lucky dwarf, otherwise they would've gone hostile...

"Here to help? Yes, please help us."

The man with the knife sits back down, obviously exhausted by the simple effort of standing and threatening Mukluk.

"We've been sick for about two weeks. We all drank the antidote this morning that Cyrathas got for us, but it's done nothing."

One of the men in the upper bunk can be heard sobbing and whispering to himself. "I'm gonna die... I'm gonna die."

Martigan can't find out what infected the men from this room. They all have the blinding sickness, which you know comes from ingestion of the disease.

Removal of the disease comes from making two consecutive DC16 Fortitude saves, or a Remove Disease spell. The blindness is permanent until cured by a Remove Blindness-Deafness spell.

With a successful DC16 Heal check per patient, you can grant them each a +4 bonus to their daily save against the disease.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk looks skeptical Which is completely lost on these chaps., but asks, "You all drank the 'antidote'," Mukluk does the 'air quotes' finger gesture for the word 'antidote', "...that you got from Cyrathas, eh? In what container was it? Is it possible it was more of the poison? What do you think, Martigan?"

Mukluk approaches the one who seems ready to die.

"Don't you worry, we'll see what we can do for you. Can you help us out, I don't think Cyrathas gave you the antidote though...he might have given you more poison. But if we can find Cyrathas, I bet we can ask him for the real antidote. Where is he? What is he like? What does he look like?"


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Antidote? Not for this. I can help them a little, perhaps get them over the disease. Curing the blindness is out of the question without divine intervention. If I see one of these 'antidote' vials I can examine it."

Heal for the 6 men
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"That is the best I can do."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk will aid, as promised.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 Heal
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 Heal
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 Heal
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 Heal
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5 Heal
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5 Heal


The one called Tyrol works to sit up again, looking confused and slightly angry at what Mukluk says about Cyrathas.

"What? I thought you said you were sent by Cyrathas to help us?"

Another coughs and chimes in, "See, I told ya they were thieves, they dun' even know who the boss is!"

A third, this one you believed was called Simmen adds, "The boss'd never *cough* poison us..."

As the conversation continues, another panel slides away. This one is different than the one you all entered through.

Aralynn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Doruk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Martigan: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Mukluk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Petrel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Bad Guys (averaged): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Initiative
Bad Guys 16
Doruk 13
Martigan 12
Petrel 11
Aralynn 11
Mukluk 5

From the newly opened secret door, you see what looks like a large, earless cat creature. Spotting you it snarls. A man with partially swollen eyes stands behind the creature and shouts at you all.

"Yer not s'posed to be here! Intruders! Git'em girl!"

The skin and fur covering the feline's face slides back revealing skull and muscle tissue while it emits high pitched screech at Petrel.

Petrel, please make a DC12 Will save or become frightened. Use your Charisma to modify this saving throw instead of your Wisdom.

Tyrol vs Mukluk: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Tyrol stands up from his bed and stabs weakly at Mukluk.

"Daylin! You've come to save us! I knew they were thieves!"

Daylin, standing behind the Krenshar retrieves a small stick from his side, cracks it and tosses in into the room. Smoke billows from where it hits, obscuring most of you from seeing the secret door that he came through.

Mukluk barely has time to spot a large balding man rushing through the dining hall at him, groaning "Raahhh!" as he stabs forward with a longsword that looks like barely more than a toy in his hands.

"Q" vs Mukluk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
"Q" damage vs Mukluk (+1d6 sneak): 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + (5) = 15

Mukluk collapses in a gurgle.

The one called Simmen attempts to pacify the two new-comers. "Guys! This one here's a priest, he's trying to help!"

The one that chanted that he was going to die crawls under his covers.

Daylin grins, "He'll for sure help us when we've tied up his friends and made 'em our prisoners then."

Daylin, "Q", "K" and Tyrol are going to fight now, regardless of what you manage to say in a full round action. The other 3 men (one is in a coma) are not fighting and are trying to stay out of the way.

Knowledge Arcana DC12:

The cat-like creature is a krenshar.

Round 1 Combat Map - this is after the new-comers have acted.


The "wandering monsters" came in after only about 2 heal checks completed. We'll use the next 3 rolls for heal checks that you may apply to the other 3 patients should that come to pass.

The sixth bunk was empty.

Your checks were applied to the patients in this order: (1) Tyrol, (2) other angry man, (3) Simmen, (4) "I'm gonna die", (5) Comatose man.

You would be successful in granting +4 bonuses to Simmen and the comatose man, should you administer heal checks after combat concludes.


Female Half-Elf Monk (Zen Archer) 1

Is M,O/7,8 the smoke from the stick?


Aralynn Huntinghawk wrote:
Is M,O/7,8 the smoke from the stick?

Indeed.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue
Mukluk Muletender wrote:


Mukluk will use his pick to open the trunks from the side or behind the opening .

He has lockpicks? I thought he was a wizard.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue
DM Panic wrote:
Petrel, please make a DC12 Will save or become frightened. Use your Charisma to modify this saving throw instead of your Wisdom.

So instead of -1 this save would be +1, going from wisdom to charisma?

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Frightened:

A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

"Graaaaaaa" Petrel will cry out, and then attempt to run from the room on his turn. He will double move and attempt to use acrobatics to tumble past "Q" without provoking an attack.

Acrobatics vs DC = 5 + Q's CMD 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Oh I shouldn't have stolen from that crazy cat lady, I knew she was a witch and she sent her familiar to get me!


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 1 Initiative 12

Status:

HP = 10
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2
Cleric Spells Left (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +0 ranged touch):
0 Purify Food and Drink (DC 13), Create Water, Light
1 Sun Metal (DC 14)
Status Effects = None

Poor dwarf, can't stay on his feet.

Channel Positive Energy, excluding T
1d6 ⇒ 6

"Wait, I think there's been a misunderstanding! We're here about your pest problem."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 1, Initiative 13, Location O 6

Status:
AC: 15 HP: 12/12
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Conditions = none

Doruk attacks 'Q' over Mukluk's body.
He certainly seems to like being in front of combat.

Guisarme attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 doing 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7 damage.

201 to 250 of 3,001 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.