Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,001 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel is lost in his imagination...

... where an enormous hallway opens before the group. Pillars inlaid with the sparkling rock from the earlier cavern rise up into the darkness and descended to invisible depths. Flying buttresses curve away from them to support a wooden path, making it appear as if floating in the air. Petrel steps forward on the walkway, treading on a herringbone tiled pattern outlined in tin.

"STEP FORWARD, PETREL!", call a figure on the far end of the hall, a regal dwarf wise with years and in the wealthiest garb, sitting on a jeweled throne, upon a golden dais, on top a sturdy stone outcropping.

As Petrel floats forward in this waking dream, he hears the murmur of the dwarven tongue to either side, and now sees balconies that bulge out and roll back to the wall like curving waves upon the sea. All manner of persons stands upon them, there a dockworker, here a locksmith, a dwarven princess standing next to a dwarven drover. As Petrel reaches the end platform their leader again addresses the young man.

"I see you have come before us dressed in our fashion, with your stylish beard and trade dress of the noblest profession, the Mine Supervisor. We charge you, blessed of Wee Jas, to find what we cannot, a dire duergar lurking in our midst. And for this you may claim any boon."

Petrel stokes his fake beard, and smooths the miner's costume he still wears, one described by the merchant as appropriate for some sort of fancy dress party. And here is the fanciest dress party of all, he thinks.

"I accept!"

Slowly he turned, to gaze across all the expectant dwarves, the old, the small, the grand, the brave. There, hiding amongst the fighting men Petrel and Mukluk hired, skulking low to the ground, beardless, friendless, fiendish, was the duergar!

"There! Seize her!" He shouted, and Mobled the duergar was easily grappled by the fighters Doruk and Martigan. A cheer rose from all sides, and echoes crashed back and forth through the hall. Now at the kings side, his buddy Mukluk besides him, Petrel called for his boon.

"I wish.. I wish to be made a Muletender!" And so he was made a dwarf by proclamation, and brother to his buddy, and he celebrated with his friends and hirelings. Even that mute elf raised a bottle.

He sure likes his drink, that elf. We might make a proper dwarf out of him yet.


I'll have to keep in mind to have enemies focus on Petrel and drop reincarnation scrolls so he can realize his dreams...

I'll go with half damage on this from the explosion, but the flames don't last as it's not flammable.

1 --
5 Tiabrar : Bomb for 5HP

2 --
22 Mukluk : Wand for 3HP
21 Petrel : Fascinated
18 Doruk : Fascinated
18 Martigan : Fascinated
12 Allip (-12) : Misses Tiabrar
10 Mobled : Fascinated
5 Tiabrar : TBD

3 --
22 Mukluk : TBD
21 Petrel : Fascinated (or TBD if broken)
18 Doruk : Fascinated (or TBD if broken)
18 Martigan : Fascinated (or TBD if broken)

The ghostly creature pauses for a moment as flames ripple throughout it's dark cloud before winking out. Another arcane bolt discharges on it for the other direction.

Mukluk and Tiabrar can see the creature contemplating it's target, while they can hear their allies babbling away about dwarven women, Wee Jas, boats and pretty colors.

1d2 ⇒ 2

The creature then hisses and floats over towards Tiabrar, it's hand stretching out and taking form as it reaches for the elf...

Incorporeal Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 Wisdom drain.

... luckily it grasps only empty air as Tiabrar dodges away in time.

Updated Map


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

lol@ Petal

Round 3, Init 10

3rd of 3 rounds, yes?

In her mind, Mobled wretches at the sight of Tiabrar's imaginary cleavage. In reality, a bit of vomit mixed with whiskey ascends to her mouth and out her gaping lips. "Nodda dwergar pethelll. Ima preddee good dwarvvvv. Pluck pluck, tell'm Ima preddee good dwarvvv 'r I'll shtig tha wan' uf yer..." She pauses, heaving a bit and shaking her head.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 3, Init 22

Mukluk, growing more angry, goes over and kicks Doruk in the shins.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 to hit;
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 damage.

"Get to fighting, you gnoll lover! What are you staring at? Do something useful! Are you trying to imitate that old she-elf we used to have?!"

He's usually not the type to not want to fight.


No need to roll hit and damage. Mukluk moves over and shakes Doruk, who snaps out of being fascinated and can act normally.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 3, Initiative 18+, Location D6->D8

Status:
AC 24 (+2 combat expertise), Touch AC 14 HP: 36/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none

"What? I was just having the best dream.... Oh. OH! OK then. I'm on it - thank you Mukluk!"

Doruk, not knowing the uselessness of his attempt, moves up and swings on the allip.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4) + 9 = 15 damage.

No crit confirmation as I'm pretty sure I cannot damage incorporeal creatures without some sort of magic weapon, and I haven't even been able to obtain MW so...

Doruk watches his extremely well placed swing go right through the creature without resistance. He stands confused for a moment, and looks to Mukluk again.

"I cannot affect it Mukluk, what would you have me do?! Should we wake the others and flee?"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 2, Init 5, not fascinated C-11->B-12

Status on mutagen:

40 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +8
HP 27
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +5, REF +9, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 6/7 (5 after this attack)
Alchemist Fire left 5/7
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: Not used
Extracts (1st-4/day, 2nd-2/day)
1st
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared
2nd
Vomit swarm - 1 prepared
Shield - 1 prepared

Tiabrar steps back another 5' to B-12 and throws a bomb at the Allip, excluding Mukluk from the splash.

Female voice: "You finally learned some control? Too bad."

Ranged touch +7
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 29 Mutagen and point blank
2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 1 = 8 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Still lol@Petrel.

"I don't care what you do, Doruk, but you were missing this elf getting zapped." Mukluk points at Tiabrar and the allip. "I didn't want you to miss that."


As Tiabrar's bomb briefly flares up around the strange dark-cloud ghost again, it's babbling takes on a more anxious and nervous tone.

Then, the creature suddenly twists and turns away, disappearing into solid wall and leaving no evidence of his existence behind.

Everyone's fascination ends, along with initiative and combat unless someone does something shocking like melding with the stone wall...

Here's the latest map so you can plot the next doorway you wish to investigate. The allip entered the wall at E,9

The Latest Map


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan shakes himself before finding a corner and leaning against the wall.

"Just give me a moment...had the worst thought enter my head when that thing showed up. Must have been some sort of horror spell, only way I can describe what I saw."

After turning green then back to his normal tanned complexion, Martigan turns to the others.

"Anybody hurt while I was out?"


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"I'm OK Martigan. What was that thing? Good job Tiabrar in scaring it off!"

Doruk checks his gear for possible damage or for anything that might have gone missing while he was 'out'.

"Yes, I'm fine, shall we proceed?"

Doruk stands guard as normal and tries to maintain his focus this time...


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Glad to see you're back, Martigan. I was beginning to worry about all of youse. If you're all fine, let's move on...after we explore this area first."

Mukluk will take 20 in the allip area, looking for anything of interest. He'll keep his wand in hand.

Take 20 = 24 Perception.

"Hey Tiabrar, you okay? That thing didn't get you, did it?"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Things sneaking up behind me? Things moving through walls? It's not safe anywhere.

"I'm fine, but I don't think it's dead. Well, I think it's dead. I just don't think it's dead dead. Is that what it's called when its dead twice? Or is undead dead? Or do the deads cancel out so it's just 'un'?"

Tiabrar wanders about the room and examines the pool.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled shakes herself back to reality, looks at Tiabrar with a blushy grimace, and takes a long swig out of her whiskey skin. She's uncharacteristically quiet as she looks around the room.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel looks around, wondering what just happened.


Everyone searches the room with the dark pool thoroughly but turns up nothing beyond dust and dirt on the stone floor.

There are no clear signs of the allip's presence beyond it's babbling heard early during it's withdrawal to the east.

Last Map (so you can pick a hall or a doorway to continue; not that this represents your exact current position or the allip's return)


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk spits as they find nothing in the room.

Examining the ways of egress, Mukluk sensibly urges the party to the west/left to the first door to the left of the '5' on the map.

"Let's go this way...some doors over here."

Mukluk will stand back as the babbling goon squad gets ready to open the door.


Rolls:

1d8 ⇒ 3
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d8 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 7

1d8 ⇒ 4
1d8 ⇒ 3

1d8 ⇒ 3
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d8 ⇒ 8
1d8 ⇒ 7

1d8 ⇒ 2
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d8 ⇒ 6
1d8 ⇒ 5

1d8 ⇒ 2
1d8 ⇒ 7

1d8 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 7

The group begins a highly repetitive process of approaching a door, lining up behind Mobled and Doruk, searching the door for traps, listening, opening the door, and carefully examining each room's contents.

This process repeats itself nine times for nine different rooms.

Updated Map

The first room contains nothing but debris and a handful of orc corpses.

The second room contains smashed furniture - a broken bed, desk and chair. Nothing more.

The third room contains more orc corpses.

The fourth room contains broken furniture yet again, and a painting on the wall of a dwarf surrounded by three cats. (The painting looks valuable, perhaps worth 70gp to the right animal-loving dwarf)

The fifth room contains yet more dead orcs.

The sixth room contains broken furniture, and this time a pair of dead dwarves. Their heads split open by axes.

The seventh room contains more broken furniture and a single dead dwarf. This one appears to have died with a grin on his face.

The eighth room contains more broken furniture and s dead orc, this orc appears to be something of a "runt" and was almost mistaken as a dwarf at first.

The ninth room contains even more broken furniture, and the remains of a rock collection. The collection might be worth a few gold to the right buyer. A small happy face is drawn on one of the rocks.

All of the corpses throughout all the rooms appear to have been dead for decades - Mukluk suspects these are these bodies represent the aftermath of the invading orcs during the Hateful Wars that sacked Durgeddin's forge.

I hate when adventures have this many mundane rooms. Have at any roleplay you wish and let me know the next door you open. The remaining unexplored rooms may be slightly more interesting than "roll random contents of the room". Don't be confused, all the room 44s are identical to room 45. In truth room 45 contained a pair of CR 1/2 skeletons, but I honestly felt that's a waste of time for the PbP medium when you are all level 4.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Good call, GM Panic. I'm happy that you did that.

Mukluk slams the last door shut (room 44 on the upper right), disappointed not to find any dark duergar or orcs to slay.

"Them cowards must be afraid of us, Mukluk says with disgust. "At least we found that keen painting of dwarves with cats. Yep, Petrel was genius for suggesting that we bring them."

Mukluk looks at Petrel.

He's a genius. I don't know he does it.

Mukluk looks into room 46.

"I guess we go that way now."

Mukluk looks to follow the squad into 46.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled follows Mukluk's lead readily enough, for the moment. She seems distracted from her usual unruliness, as she looks a touch too closely at Tiabrar. Shaking her head, she laughs.

"O' course he's a fella. Ye c'n always tell by the wrists. His're skinny fer a dwarf, but still plen'y thick. That'n ye fellas think wi' yer... 'n 'e's flat as a prairie, t'boot. Phew!

Who in all the layers o' Hell put that in me head, anyhoo?Could swear I heard yer voice in me head, Petal."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"That's quite a collection of orc corpses. Clearly the Dwarves defended this place well, but were simply over-run. Too bad, this could clearly have been a very beautiful place - and perhaps will be again if we're successful."

Doruk stops his meandering at the next door and gets ready to open it. The adrenalin rush of the first few doors is long gone, and his perception is dulling with each new 'experience'.

I wonder how large this place is? At some point we should break for lunch.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar looks about. Removes the dead corpses from his mental image of the place. Cleans it up. Adds more fountains and puts in some skylights.

"Yes. This could be a beautiful place."


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"Dibs on the cat painting. I'll hang that on the wall above the bear skin rug Gambli will be working on once we get back."


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"I shudder to think Petrel. Still, these dwarves died hard. Not much left of their killers though."


Rolls:

Perception:
Doruk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Martigan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Mobled: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Mukluk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Petrel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Allip S: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Initiative:
Doruk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Martigan: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Mobled: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Mukluk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Petrel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Allip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The party files into the room at the far end of the hallway, which is an open chamber about 30 feet deep and 40 feet wide with three doors.

Another dark pool waits in a low stone basin in the center of this chamber surrounded by the bodies of long-dead warriors.

No less than seven dwarf corpses lie where they fell a hundred years ago, surrounded by at least a dozen orc warriors.

Someone went to the trouble to strip the dead of arms and armor, leaving behind nothing more than a handful of broken weapons and shattered shields.

Mobled ventures a glance into the dark pool, and can swear she hears the sounds of dwarvish babbling in her head again... a glance back into the main room confirms that it's not just inside her head but that the allip has returned.

Once again the infernal allip has returned, babbling away. It's surprised everyone EXCEPT Mobled and Mukluk this time, who get to act in the surprise round with it.

Initiative:
24 Mukluk *
17 Tiabrar
16 Allip
9 Petrel
7 Doruk
6 Mobled *
4 Martigan

If you saved against the babbling last time, you don't need to save this time (Mukluk and Tiabrar). However if you were affected last time, you are susceptible once more, please make a DC15 Will Save or be fascinated again for 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 rounds.

Now Up: Mukluk and Mobled (if she saves).

Then It's: Mukluk (again) and Tiabrar for round 1.

Updated Map


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 0, Init 24

"Bloody blubbering babbler be back, 'Brar," Mukluk announces alertly, aiming an angry and alliterative arcane attack at any allip around.

:) I feel like I just won Pathfinder.

"GlimSkie!" Mukluk fires his wand.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

Round 1

"GlimSkie!" Mukluk fires his wand again.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Surprise, Init 6 >D7

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Mobled's face turns a bit purple as images of bebossomed elves again creep into her minds eye. This time, she manages to clamp her mind's eye shut in time.

"Haela, ye elves're ugly. No offense, 'Brar."

Not knowing any better, she whirls her darn dergar at the wretched creature.

Current status:

AC 18
CMD 20 (22 grapple)
CMB +6, +8 grapple
HP 41/41
Fort +10 Reflex +4 Will +7

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 17 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 0 of 2 used

Darn dergar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

And what a mighty hit that would have been!

Round 1, Init 14

Aware now that her darn dergar can't touch the thing, Mobled nervously strikes out at it, defensively this time.

Status:

**fight defensively

AC 21
CMD 23 (22 grapple)
CMB +6, +8 grapple
HP 41/41
Fort +10 Reflex +4 Will +7

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 17 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 0 of 2 used

Ineffectual strike 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

I weep! Epic round with no effect!


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 1, Initiative 7, Location D5

Status:
AC 24 (+2 combat expertise) HP: 36/36
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = none

Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 vs DC 15 or be fascinated

Doruk catches a glimpse of the creature again and immediately relapses into his dreams. He soars in the air chasing flashing balls of light and cutting them down with his guissarme. No matter how many he destroys more always seem to take their place - and though hostile they do not strike back with any real force.

A lovely dream overall for Doruk, and a captivating one.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 1, Init 17, move to G-7

Status on mutagen:

40 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +8
HP 27
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +5, REF +9, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 5/7 (4 after this attack)
Alchemist Fire left 5/7
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: Not used
Extracts (1st-4/day, 2nd-2/day)
1st
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared
2nd
Vomit swarm - 1 prepared
Shield - 1 prepared

Tiabrar moves to G-7 to get a clear shot and throws another bomb at the allip.

Disappointing to use so many bombs for one thing, but at least the bombs work. It'd be great if it actually burned too.

Ranged touch +7
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 16 Mutagen and point blank
2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + 1 = 14 Fire damage (non-explosive and excluding anyone close enough, up to 4) so half is 7


Rolls:

A vs Mu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d4 ⇒ 2 Wisdom drain.

Awesome alliteration Mukluk...

Surprise --
24 Mukluk : Missiles for 4HP
16 Allip : Babbles
6 Mobled : Swings a "darn-dergar"

1 --
24 Mukluk : Missiles for 4HP
17 Tiabrar : Bombs for 4HP
16 Allip (-24) : Touches Mukluk, Will save pending
9 Petrel :
7 Doruk : Fascinated
6 Mobled :
4 Martigan :

2 --
24 Mukluk :
17 Tiabrar :

Arcane missiles repeatedly discharge into the smokey cloud of the babbling ghost while Mobled can swear her dwarvish weapon would've torn a normal creature's heart from it's chest.

Finally, a bomb whizzes into the cloud which roils with thunder and flame for the briefest moment.

The strange creature hisses, babbling in broken Common and dwarvish as it floats towards... (1d2 ⇒ 1) ... Mukluk, it's stubby ghostly dwarvish fingers outstretched. With both hands it grips the Muletender's shoulders, it's "eyes" meet his for the briefest moment.

Whispers stir in Mukluk's head, "... Battle... hid... All... dead... Treasures... gone... Made... guardians... Run...."

Mukluk needs to make a DC15 Will save to avoid losing 2 Wisdom.

Updated Map


Male Dwarf Wanderer

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 will save

Mukluk stares in the face of the Dwarf of Failures Past, listens intently to the whispers before replying in kind.

"Begone, ye coward and traitor to our race. I'll thank you not to return to these halls ever again. They are now meant for dwarves with honor and bravery...in other words, not you." Mukluk spits out the last few words like a curse.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Muttering under his breath that "all the treasures can't be gone", Mukluk will take 20 and explore the area.

Take 20 = 24 Perception.

He will also cast Detect Magic and use that as well.
1d100 ⇒ 72 Spell Failure


Presumably Mukluk does this at some point later, outside of combat when the Allip is defeated...?

Now Up: Petrel (if he makes his save), Mobled, Martigan (if he makes his save), Mukluk and Tiabrar


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Init 14

Mobled moves to shake either Petrel, Martigan or, if they're alert, Doruk. "Open yer eyes, ye bleedin' fool. There's a ghostee t' slice."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Oops. Sorry, twas confuzzled.

Mukluk spits in its ghostly eye.

"Coward. Failure. Traitor."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 2, Init 24

Mukluk 5' steps back and fires his wand again.

"GlimSkie!"
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 force damage

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 20/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 27/50


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 1 Init 4

Status:

HP = 35/35
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6 (2d6)
Cleric Spells Known (CL 4, 4 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
2 (3/day) Resist Energy (DC 16), Heat Metal (DC 16), Silence (DC 16), Bull's Strength (DC 16)
1 (4/day) Murderous Command (DC 15), Divine Favor (DC 15), Bless, Command (DC 15), Cure Light Wounds (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light

Will Save DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Martigan's jaw begins to drop but he quickly shakes his head back and forth before snapping it shut.

"Begone creature of darkness, flee before the light of Pelor!"

Channel Positive to harm undead 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 DC...11 for half? Really? Suck.


Rock on cleric with an 11 Charisma.

The allip continues to babble, it's wild eyes staring into Mukluk's as it desperately grasps at the dwarf.

Another arcane bolt diffuses into the dark cloud, while radiant sunlight pours fourth from Martigan as the strange creature bursts into nothingness.

Combat's over!

A "Take 20" Perception check of the room turns up nothing beyond the dead bodies and broken weapons and armor.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Muttering under his breath that "all the treasures can't be gone", Mukluk will take 20 and explore the area.

Take 20 = 24 Perception.

He will also cast Detect Magic and use that as well.
1d100 ⇒ 72 Spell Failure


Ah, the "Take 20" eventually turns this up...

After a thorough search of the room, which yields no magic auras, the faint outline of a hidden door can be traced along the southern wall.

And because it speeds up mundane activities like searching empty rooms... (notice to the east now are two more lovely "room 44's").

Suddenly inspired by two of the eastern doors in the room, Mobled throws them open and searches two otherwise uninteresting rooms. The first contains more dead bodies of orcs. The second contains more dead bodies of dwarves.

Yet, just when she is about to turn on her heel and return to the room with the pool, Mobled notices a dorg-dergar in the hands of one of the long dead dwarves that appears that it might still be serviceable.

Dorn Dergar:

Not just serviceable, but masterwork in quality!

And once again, because the results are fairly mundane...

After Petrel inspects the secret door for any obvious traps, Mobled recklessly shoves it aside and Doruk's newly acquired shield casts light (from someone's cantrip, no doubt) into the darkened hallway beyond. Petrel sneaks ahead and follows the hallway, discovering it ends at two separate hidden doors and reconnects to parts of the Foundry that have already been explored.

At the north side of the pit (Area 38a), Petrel can identify a chain ladder descending deep into the darkness.

After the brief stint of exploration, he returns to the portal room and relays his discoveries.

Updated Map

Obvious options include: Two doors on the south side of the hallway or the regular door on the south wall of the room-with-the-pool.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Oh boy, a second masterwork dorn dergar! Maybe this one is magickal!


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Will Save vs 15 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"A giant kitty!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Will be in flight to Kentucky tomorrow, with limited internet through Sunday.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk keeps his eyes open while the others press the search. He watches for more allip, duergar and other nasty creatures wishing to do harm to the party.

He does watch over the collected treasures (such as they are) for better tools to do that job. Seeing none, he shrugs and keeps his vigil.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Coz, look at this nice dorn dergar. Almost as nice's mine own."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk takes good mental notes on the number of dead orcs vs. dwarves.

My kin did a more than fair accounting of themselves here. I am proud, yet disappointed.

Mukluk walks up to the fascinated Petrel and gives him a solid slap on the cheek.

"C'mon Petrel, snap out of it. The kitties are fine back in camp. Soon they'll be wandering these halls with a bunch of dwarves. Should all be good. Now, can you check out this door here, Petrel? Might be trapped."

Mukluk points to the door on the south wall of 46.

"In one of these rooms there has to be some treasure."


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Why does there have to be treasure Mukluk? I would think the dark dwarves looted it all long ago."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk looks disappointed by Martigan's question.

"Yeah, there doesn't *have* to be treasure here...but there might be. Them damn orcs and duergar missed a few traps, they might have missed more."


Doruk and Mobled approach the southern door, and open it while the rest of the group assembles behind them, prepared for more dark dangers.

This room was once the library or study of a scholar.

Bookshelves stand against the walls. Several piles of books rest on the reading table in the middle of the room, and it reeks of moldy paper. Two doors exit to the east and the south.

A slender woman of medium height and long, black hair sits in a char at the table. Her clothing is well worn, though it does little to detract from her beauty.

She appears sad, as if she were only recently crying. Her face is flush, her lips pursed and her chest heaving from her sobs.

Her long silky hair brushes gently against her shoulders as she looks up, her eyes meeting with Doruk's, then Martigan's.

"Oh...? Have you come to rescue to me?"

She appears almost hopeful.

Latest Map

The map shows the two smaller rooms adjoining to area 49, despite the fact you haven't investigated those yet.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan shakes his head at the woman then taps his holy symbol.

"Sorry princes, I made two promises to Pelor when I joined the order and I lost one of them in the war so I don't much feel like rescuing you. You don't look like the kind of treasure my dwarven employer wanted and I doubt you're what you appear to be, so let's dispense with the illusion."

With a swift motion he begins detecting magic in the room and scans the contents, including the "woman".

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Martigan is pretty sure she's a trap or a shapechanger, just making a will save on the off chance.

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,001 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.