Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,001 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Rolls:

ND2 vs GD: 1d20 ⇒ 11
ND3 vs GD: 1d20 ⇒ 17
N vs GD: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

5 --
5 Tiabrar : Delays to everyone
5 Martigan : Channels for +5HP
3 Doruk : Kills ND1 (.. barely ..)

6 --
21 Mobled : Delays to Petrel
21 Mukluk : Glitterdust on R:S,9:10 blinds ND2, thankfully exposes no more invisible duergar
20 Petrel : Picks up knives, moves to P,14
19 Mobled : Tiabrar is in Q:R,12:13 (R,12 to be exact) .. are you sure??
18 Tiabrar : TBD

Some various things here...

The doorway is 5ft wide (only one side is open), so a 10ft wide Mobled will need to double move through the doorway as she squeezes through it - which prevents a charge action (and avoids any discussion about the hard corner on the stack of wood or allies).

Second, she's currently set to end her turn in the square with Tiabrar. Hypothetically if I were to apply the squeezing rules to both of you, that'd be a -4 to Mobled's attacks and -4 to Tiabrar's AC while he tries to stay alive... are you sure that's something you want?

(I understand Toffitt is angry at the drider...)

I'm guessing Mobled defers to Tiabrar to evacuate the area before rushing in, so we're dependent on Tiabrar's action to resolve Mobled's.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 6, Init 18

Not sure how Tiabrar gets out of this without dying. Maybe the 3rd character will be the charm.

Still blind and armed with the useful information from the dwarf of "Now come you daft elf, and be careful!", Tiabrar goes total defense and take a 5' step (if possible while blind) to Q-13.


Moved Tiabrar. I haven't placed Mobled to Q:R,12:13 since Tiabrar is in one of those squares and want to allow a revision or confirmation first.

@Mobled: Going through the doorway will require a double-move as you squeeze through it.

Updated Map


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Sorry for the movement confusion. Mobled will move into the room, enduring what AoOs come. She might do it even before Tiabrar moves, taking the hits so her Bra doesn't have to...


I'm revising to put Mobled at P:Q,12:13 as that won't mean squeezing with Tiabrar, and will at least provide him some cover from the northwestern duergar.

Rolls:

ND1 vs T: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8

ND2 (blinded) vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 72) for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 2 = 9

ND2 confirm vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8

N vs T #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7
N vs T #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

S vs Mu: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11

As Nimira and her guards (well at least one of them) observe Tiabrar's wounds knitting, she nods to them.

"Finish her, we have high-born scum to finish off next."

The first of her guards swings at Tiabrar and misses wildly in his enthusiasm, while the second blinded duergar hears (no smells) Mobled's approach and takes a wild swing in her direction, blind luck guiding his axe into Mobled. (-9HP to Mobled)

Groaning, Nimira quips, "Must I do *everything* myself?" before slicing her double-bladed sword through Tiabrar, dropping the elf to the ground (damage is 7HP, I had you at +6, so now -1 I believe...)

Latest Map

Now Up: Everyone!

As Tiabrar falls to the ground, Nimira brings her other end up towards Mobled but misses.

Finally, "Snur" reappears as arcane syllables roll of his tongue, and a ball of fire erupts under Mukluk's feet. (Mukluk needs to make a DC15 Reflex save or take 11HP of damage)


@Mobled: The only AoO Mobled would need to endure would've been from the blinded duergar the way I had you double move through the door, and as he was blinded, I hand waved the AoO away.

6 --
18 Tiabrar : Total defense and 5ft step
17 Mobled : Moves to P:Q,12:13
15 ND1 (blinded) : Hits Mobled for 9HP
15 ND2 : Misses Tiabrar
15 N : Hits Tiabrar for 7HP, misses Mobled
15 S : Reappears, casts Flaming Sphere under Mukluk
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

7 --
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :
18 Tiabrar :
17 Mobled :


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 7, Init 21

"I may be highborn, ye sow, but I'm happy t' drag ye down in th' dirt."

Mobled stands her ground, glaring at the bearded duergaress. Still holding her darn dergar in her hands, she kicks and cracks skulls with one of the duergar within reach.

Can't tell which of them is Nimira. If possible, it'll be her. But Mobled stays put, so Doruk can move in.

Status:

*raging, enlarged round 3
AC 13
CMD 21 (23 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 24+6/33+6
Fort +9 Reflex +2 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 10 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Flurry #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Flurry #2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Nimira's the middle one. They all look alike! :)


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Well then, I think Mobled just bashed her in her thrice broken nose with her exceedingly thick skull.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Need to revise, I forgot Petrel was blind for 2 rounds. So for round 1 of blindness he wouldn't snatch up his knives, being unable to see them. Now on round 2 of blindness.

"Mukluk, I've gone blind! Dispel their magic!"

Perhaps with my loss of sight, my other senses will become supernaturally sharp. Ears, hear a target. Nose, smell a duergar...

Petrel will quickdraw two throwing knives and hurl them with blind precision to the location the middle duergar would be standing.

Hit? Treating target as invisible = total concealment : +4 dex, +2 BAB, -4 cover, -4 combat = -2, vs a square 1-50% miss chance.

Knife 1 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 121d100 ⇒ 401d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Knife 2 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 151d100 ⇒ 161d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 6 Init 5

Status:

HP = 27/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 1/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Drawing the wand of curing, Martigan moves forward to save Tia.

Move forward 15', wand of CLW for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 6, Initiative 3, Location R14->R13

Status:
AC +1 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Doruk steps over Tiabrar to protect him (and provide cover when he crawls away) and attacks the most wounded of the Duergar arrayed in front of him.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15 damage.

"Nice hit Mobled! Nice hit!"


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 6, Init 21

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 Reflex

Mukluk tries to avoid the ball of fire but fails as his stumpy little legs get caught in the burning hurtiness.

Mukluk turns to face the Duergar wizard he thought was gone.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Spellcraft

"Ah, so you come out of your hideyhole, you pussfilled excuse for a dwarfkin. And you call that magic? Bah!"

Mukluk turns his special Highforge ring and summons forth the additional might of dwarf magic.

"I got something good for ye. I hope you can fly."

Cast Create Pit (DC 17 reflex) under the jerkdwarf.

*AFTER* that spell resolves, the badly burned Mukluk will move to P16. Should, by some miracle Glim not save (he always does), I don't want the wizard to know where MM has moved...he'll be in a pit.

This way, when I fall, I'll be next to the sunkisser.

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 1/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 2/6
GlimSkie Wand: 31/50


Rolls:

S vs Pit DC17 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 falling for 1d6 ⇒ 1

ND1 vs D: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9

ND2 (blinded) vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (1d100 ⇒ 66)for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

N vs Mo #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 2 = 8
N vs Mo #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 = 9

6 --
5 Martigan : Wands Tia for +7HP (Tia up to 6HP and conscious)
3 Doruk : Moves to stand over Tia, hits Nimira for 15HP

7 --
21 Mukluk : Create Pit under "S"
20 Petrel : Throws knives wildly
18 Tiabrar : TBD
17 Mobled : Hits Nimira for 11HP
15 ND1 (blinded) : Hits Mobled
15 ND2 : Misses Doruk
15 N (-26): Hits Mobled twice
15 S (in pit) : Stands up, enlarges
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

8 --
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :
18 Tiabrar :
17 Mobled :

Martigan steps forward and brings Tiabrar back to consciousness, while Doruk and Mobled team up against the duergar leader, striking two good blows past her heavy armor.

Mukluk, seeing "Snur" the wizard reappear, retaliates by conjuring one of his signature arcane pits, which swallows up the duergar from sight.

Petrel launches two knives that wildly whizz past (and barely miss) Mobled. Mobled glances back, almost confused to be attacked from that direction (especially given that Petrel looks like a dwarf).

**

Nimira spits and orders, "Kill that wench first!" and focuses her attacks with the blinded duergar, cutting several wide gashes into poor Mobled. (-28HP) The other duergar warrior stikes at Doruk feebly and missees.

Snur hollers at Mukluk, "Blast ye blasted.. #*&!" as he scrambles back to his feet and grows over 10 feet tall. Mukluk can just barely make out the angry expression on the duergar's face as his head pops out at the edge of his pit. (the sphere remains where it is this round)

Latest Map

Now Up: Everyone (and Tiabrar twice)


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 8, Init 17

"Aggh! Father Sun, got some more o' yer light fer me? I'm thinkin' they almos' done me good 'n dead."

Status:

*raging, enlarged round 1
AC 13
CMD 21 (23 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 0+2/33+6
Fort +9 Reflex +2 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 11 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Mobled continues to bash at Nimira, doing her best to cover the duergars' boss with her 'highborn' blood.

Flurry #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Flurry #2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 7, Initiative 3, Location R14->R13

Status:
AC +1 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Doruk continues to follow Mobled and focus fire on the leader.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12 damage.

"Mobled, won't they ever go down?!"


7 --
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk : Hits Nimira for 12HP

8 --
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :
18 Tiabrar :
17 Mobled : Hits Nimira for 6HP
15 ND1 (blinded) :
15 ND2 :
15 N (-44):
15 S (in pit) :

One of Mobled's fists grazes Nimira's cheek, and Doruk capitalizes on the moment to slice his guisarme across her exposed side. Despite the massive punishment, the duergar leader still stands, her grip on her double-bladed sword ever tighter.

"Fools, I shall burn your corpses on a mighty pyre for Laduguer!"


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

The magical blindness lifts from Petrel's eyes...well times out after 2 rounds.

"Mukluk, your magic defeated theirs! Wee Jas favors us!"

Considering spending a few seconds (maybe 6) picking up his daggers vs attacking a blind dwarf, Petrel will try his luck vs ND1 (blinded). Does he need to 5-foot to see that duerger? I don't know which of them is ND1.

Quick draw 2 knifes (should have 1 throwing knife remaining).

thrown sneaky knife vs blind(their ac -2 and no dex to ac), cover, in combat: 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 - 4 = 91d4 - 1 + 2d8 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (1, 6) = 7

1d20 + 7 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 - 4 = 01d4 - 1 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) - 1 + (6, 5) = 13

Really lucky there are no rules for "firing into melee combat" in this game


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 8, Init 21

Mukluk spits on the ground near the enlarged duergar wizard's head.

"I see that you've managed to somehow become a larger pile of crap...I didn't think it was possible."

"Ye ain't worth the magic."

Mukluk casts Stumble Gap, (Ref DC 16) on Nimira.

"You oafs can't keep your footing when you're that big."

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 1/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 2/6
GlimSkie Wand: 31/50


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 7

Martigan moves back to avoid all dwarves of a less than savory nature in his channel and then channels.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

All I have, make it count lads.

Ugh, what a horrible channel. As I'm traveling now Martigan will autopilot with the wand and heal whomever needs it most immediately.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 8, Init 18 @ R13->Q14

Status:

Blind. Bow dropped at feet.

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 11/21 (includes Martigan's channel this round)
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 3/7
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 2/3
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Tiabrar opens his eyes and can see, but now finds himself lying down on the ground and empty handed. Tiabrar will withdraw to Q14 and stand up.

5' crawl as one move. Stand up as other move. Does that work for you? Otherwise, he'll go full defense on the ground.


Rolls:

N Ref DC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

ND1 vs D: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14

ND2 (blinded) vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (1d100 ⇒ 36) for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 = 13

Withdrawing While Prone:

I believe RAW you can't withdraw while prone and avoid an AoO.

There is this part in Acrobatics related to
using it to avoid AoOs:

"You can use Acrobatics in this way while prone, but doing so requires a full-round action to move 5 feet, and the DC is increased by 5. If you attempt to move though an enemy's space and fail the check, you lose the move action and provoke an attack of opportunity."

I suspect if you could withdraw 5ft without an AoO while prone, they wouldn't have this option to use Acrobatics.

Searching the Paizo forums seems to confirm this, or use of "total defense, stand up, move 5ft" as the best options.

7 --
5 Martigan : Move back, channels for 5HP
3 Doruk : Hits Nimira for 12HP

8 --
21 Mukluk : Stumble gap on Nimira
20 Petrel : Throws more wild knives
18 Tiabrar : Total defense on the ground
17 Mobled : Hits Nimira for 6HP
15 ND1 (blinded, last round) : Misses
15 ND2 : Misses
15 N (-44): Withdraws
15 S (in pit) : Turns invisible again, guides sphere to MM

Martigan backs away and beseeches Pelor to mend his companions wounds while Petrel throws a pair of knives wildly into the melee with little effect.

Mukluk conjures the smallest gap in Nimira's footing, but the duegrar has little trouble standing her ground, being well accustomed to fighting below ground.

Tiabrar huddles into a ball in between Doruk's legs, praying that the group's bad luck with elves will come to an end.

The duergar facing Doruk ever-so-narrowly misses him, while the blinded duergar brings his axe smashing down at Mobled...

... and barely misses ending her life as he continues to struggle against the glittering dust in his eyes (critical hit averted from blindness-induced concealmeant)

After their swings, Nimira bellows out to both dwarves, "Guard me a moment..." as she backs away from Mobled and Doruk, her hand clearly intending to grab a flask from her belt. (however, she only withdraws this round, the flask is still on her belt)

Snur winks out of sight for the second time today as his flaming orb rolls ominously forward at Mukluk, his voice hissing his reply of "Burn..."

(Mukluk needs to make a DC15 Reflex to avoid 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) = 11 fire damage)

Latest Map

8 --
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

9 --
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :
18 Tiabrar :
17 Mobled :

Now Up: Everyone!


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 9, Init 17

Realizing that her life is in danger, Mobled draws in her wrecking ball and strikes out with it defensively at the closest duergar. Move action to decrease reach from 15' to 10'/

"Still feelin' near dead, Father. Ye got any more holy fire?"

Status:

*raging, enlarged round 1
AC 16
CMD 21 (23 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 1+6/33+6
Fort +9 Reflex +2 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike & darn dergar
Rage 11 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21
2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 3) + 7 = 17


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
DM Panic wrote:
I believe RAW you can't withdraw while prone and avoid an AoO.

That's why Doruk is standing over his body. I provide cover, which prevents the AoO. At least that's my belief - and why I moved to that specific spot.

Round 8, Initiative 3, Location R13->S12

Status:
Current AC: 20 (+1 (combat expertise)) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Doruk takes a 5' step to S12 and swings on either the Duerger that Mobled wounded, or if it's down, the other Duergar.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16 damage.

"Tiabrar, a bomb - now if you can!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

**Doruk goes first. If he manages to down the one near Mobled, she would keep the chain at full length and step to defensively attack the other one.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 9, Init 18 @ R13

tatus:

Bow dropped at feet.

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 11/21 (includes Martigan's channel this round)
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 3/7 2 after this one
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 2/3 1 after this one
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Tiabrar stands up and debates between splash damage for three or just one big one.

Female voice: Just throw it already.

Tiabrar thanks for the armbands for their luck and chucks his bomb at Nimira.

1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 15 +mutagen -range increment
1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 11 - armbands
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.


Doruk steps up with the first swing, slashing across the rightmost duergar and swiftly dropping it to the ground.

Mobled follows up with a step forward, and with a crunch she splits open the second duergar's skull.

Nimira's eyes widen, her grip tightens on her double-sword as the wounded elf lobs a smoking bomb her direction, but her determination provides no shield against the alchemist's magic - with another boom duergar parts and gristle paint the walls.

Combat is over! No point in the save as Nimira was at 2HP.

Also - it's now officially time for 4th level, a little exploration of this area will confirm as long as you don't explore too far from these three rooms, you're safe.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel, down to his last throwing knife, will use two move actions to "pick up an item" and retrieve his masterwork and magical knives from the ground.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

There was of course the other wizard, but I suspect Mobled would smash his skull in a few times with her wrecking ball. The dorn dergar is a nice weapon when enlarged!


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Gotta RP it out.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21 Reflex save

Mukluk spits again as the queen duergar fails to fall to his magicks, but then quickly gets out of the way from the walking, pitted s+!#pile's magical flame comes close.

"I thought I told ye to get buried."

"GlimSkie!"
Mukluk fires a final magic missile to the bloated duergar wizard. Then fires a few more for good measure.

"I hate to waste good magic on you. But this home shall be returned to real dwarves, not the dark and the twisted bloatboxes you have become."

Mukluk spits again...and begins to look around the forge and about the bodies.

* * *

Mukluk will take his pick and place it through the head of each downed duergar ("just to be sure") and twice again on the queen and the wizard, all the while smiling happily despite his injuries and burns.

"Now that was a good fight!"

Any magic and coins collected will be placed into a pile at the center of the room before he begins to examine them (intending to use an Identify spell, as needed). He spends extra time trying to local the spellbook of the wizard because even this one knew a few things that Mukluk did not yet know.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled sags and shrinks as the last duergar falls. "Haela, but I feel like death warmed o'er a dragon's bum. I'm 'bou' ready fer a year long nap, 'ow 'bout ye lot?" She takes a long pull off of her whiskey skin and pours a bit on her wounds. "Argh. That stings."


Ack, I actually forgot about the wizard... I picked up the flu yesterday so was rushing to get you all leveling.

He was invisible and at full HP, but I'm content to hand wave his defeat at this point.

Will get loot posted as I continue to recover enough to look it all up...


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk looks around at the fallen and shrunken Duergar and watches Mukluk 'be sure'.

"That... was a fight. I thought we were doomed to die in this cave there for a while. I really did."

Doruk carefully cleans his guisarme and looks at the gore covering him. Shrugging, he casts Prestidigitation and handles the cleaning job properly.

Once he and his gear is clean, he uses the remaining time of the spell to help clean up his companions and their gear.

"There, now at least we look refreshed! I suggest we look around a little and head back to the surface for the day. It's not far and we have plenty of time. Our injuries after that last fight are numerous and significant. We should return tomorrow - or maybe even the next day. We are after all in no particular hurry!"

No sense in draining that wand just to rush things along. If our employer wanted this done faster, they could have supplied us with another wand.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar takes account of his things.

One arm. Two arms. One leg. Two legs. All attached. Excellent!

"Thank you Master Doruk for the cleaning. I don't mind getting dirty when needed, but covered in guts is not my preferred condition."

Tiabrar looks around, careful not to wander to far from the group, until he forgets and then wanders farther.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Maybe it's because I roam so much, but I'm not seeing what's so great about this place that it's worth dying for. Oh well, a promise is a promise. Maybe if they took out that wall and let a stream flow through here or put in some lights to the sky to let the sunlight in.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Sunlight? Sounds nice. Mobled, lass, yer a strange dwarf. I bet Cluck Cluck'd prefer t' stay down 'ere. Damned if I'm 'im though.

"Yar, le's make our way above. I'm feelin' none too much th' better for these cuts." On m' face, m' breast, m' arm, m' leg. Haela, last time a woman marked me so, it was with 'er tongue.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will back up against a wall, ready to be attacked by an invisible caster.

"Where'd that wizard wanders off to?"

If he doesn't re-appear or turns up dead via gm fiat, then Petrel will be ready to continue.

"That got me all stretched out and ready for more fighting! Where to next?!"

Thanks to the channel Petrel is only down 1 hp!


I'm just going to hand-wave the wizard eventually made an attempt at you guys and got destroyed by your cunning tactics and combat capabilities.

Nimira carried: chainmail, a double-bladed sword, a potion, 60gp, and a divine scroll with 2 spells.

Snur carried leather armor, a dagger, a crossbow, 20 bolts, an arcane scroll with 2 spells, and a spellbook

Snurs Spellbook:

color spray, shield, shocking grasp, silent image, flaming sphere, invisibility, minor image, mirror image

Ghared carried a masterwork shortsword, a crossbow, 20 bolts, a chain shirt. She drank her one potion.

The remaining duergar warriors each carried battleaxes, chainmail, large wooden shields, and crossbows with 20 bolts.

I'm assuming you do standard adventuring party Perception "Take 20" searches and Detect Magic throughout the rooms that you have uncovered...

In the Bladeworks, you find stashed in the northwest corner of the room 320gp, 1100sp, a gold necklace set with ruby stones (worth 900gp), and a potion.

You also turn up over a hundred spare bolts. Wherever Nimira laired and kept her possessions you have yet to discover.


The Council Chamber

(This is the room Nimira came out from .. #39 on the map).

The door behind the throne leads into a small audience chamber or council room. A large table consisting of a single stone slab dominates the center of the room, and the remains of old tapestries still cling to the walls. A single door in the far wall is carved in the image of a fierce dwarf you've seen elsewhere in the complex.

The Chasm

(This is the pit/chasm at the eastern end of the Bladewords - or the room with all the forges)

The stream running through the old dwarven bladeworks meanders into a natural cavern and finally empties into a great chasm easily 100 feet long and more than 50 feet wide. You can see nothing but darkness below, although you think you just barely make out the roar of distant waters of the sound of the waterfall. Across the chasm, a small ledge is partially hidden by a spur of rock.

(It's over 100ft to the bottom of the chasm and it's slippery)


When you finally do decide when to continue (after resting and leveling possibly...)

The two small doors to the south of the bladeworks lead to small storage rooms, which are mostly empty and barren besides dust and worthless debris.

This would leave the following possible next destinations:

* Heading back downstairs to the Glitterhame
* The bottom of the chasm
* The ledge on the far side of the chasm
* The door at the eastern end of the council chamber
* The northwest door from the Great Hall
* The northeast door from the Great Hall
* The southwest door from the Great Hall

(No secret doors were found as Tiabrar and Petrel "took 20" in each area)


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk picks up one of the heavy wooden shields.

Hrm. It's not as good as my old one, but it'll do in a pinch.

He hefts it and adjusts the straps to his form and size.

"This will do I think. We should gather the equipment and haul it to our base camp. Then spend the rest of the day resting and return here tomorrow. There is no rush I think, and to press on now would be quite risky."

"When we do return, I think we should check this area thoroughly before going deeper into the Glitterhame or into that chasm."

Status:
HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Aye, rest 'n somethin' t' dull the pain."

[spoiler=Status]
1/33 hp
[/status]


Male Dwarf Wanderer
Mobled Muletender wrote:

Sunlight? Sounds nice. Mobled, lass, yer a strange dwarf. I bet Cluck Cluck'd prefer t' stay down 'ere. Damned if I'm 'im though.

"Yar, le's make our way above. I'm feelin' none too much th' better for these cuts."

Mukluk turns to Mobled with a look of disgust before smiling and realizing the joke.

"Ha ha ha, you daft dwarf, you had me going there for a moment. I thought you were serious...faking to want to be outside when you could be safe here in the caves. I get that joke!"

Mukluk laughs loudly.

"Ha ha ha! Thinking it's better outside in the sun like a daft elf than comfy here in our caves. Ha ha ha."

Mukluk begins to look for a place in 38/39 to make camp.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will take notice of Doruk claiming a shield and go talk to him, having completely forgotten the early battle of the chasm.

"A shield, that is a good idea for you Doruk. You can learn a lot from a dwarf."

While Petrel still doesn't understand the relationship between Mukluk & Mobled, he is even more certain she is his distant duerger kin, most likely a shameful family relation.

Lets see.. she talks that incomprehensible undercommon, like the duergar. We found her in this fort, where we found these duergar. She was battling to be Mukluk's bride, like the duergar woman. AND she grows large size, JUST like a duergar!


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
Petrel wrote:
"A shield, that is a good idea for you Doruk. You can learn a lot from a dwarf."

"Yes, completely. I have missed it these last few battles. Still, I do less damage with it..."


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

"Either way I think we should rest here. I have this wand and that's basically it for healing right now."

Wand charges:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Let me know how many charges you use.


Let me know if the plan is to rest in one of the rooms in The Foundry, or if you guys head back to the others who are camping near the main entrance (Gambli, Geradil, Courana and of course the cats and dogs).


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk is pushing to camp with the others. It's an opportunity to drag our gear up there now rather than carrying it around all over the place. And it's not far...


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"I could use some o' Gambli's grub and a few years o' sleep." Mobled starts walking back toward the surface. Then stops. "Ye comin', boys?"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar also is up for returning to the others for the night. He suddenly has an urge to look through Mukluk's spellbook if he'll allow.


Male Dwarf Wanderer
Tiabrar wrote:
Tiabrar also is up for returning to the others for the night. He suddenly has an urge to look through Mukluk's spellbook if he'll allow.

You should totally ask in-character there, elf.

* * *

Mobled Muletender wrote:
"Ye comin', boys?"

"We're just going upstairs, right? Not outside? Yeah, I'll come. Maybe you could help carry some of this dang loot, though, eh?"

Mukluk points to the pile of look that is about to attempt to identify.

"Let me look at this first, then we'll get it up there."

* * *

Mukluk will gather all the loot and begin to slowly examine each item for magical auras.

Duergar lootz:

DM Panic wrote:

Nimira carried:

chainmail 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Spellcraft
a double-bladed sword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Spellcraft
a potion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Spellcraft
60gp,
divine scroll with 2 spells. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Spellcraft, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Spellcraft or Read Magic

Snur carried:
leather armor 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Spellcraft
a dagger 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Spellcraft
a crossbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Spellcraft
20 bolts 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Spellcraft
an arcane scroll with 2 spells - Cast Read Magic
spellbook (color spray, shield, shocking grasp, silent image, flaming sphere, invisibility, minor image, mirror image)

Ghared carried:
a masterwork shortsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Spellcraft
a crossbow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Spellcraft
20 bolts 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Spellcraft
a chain shirt 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Spellcraft

The remaining duergar warriors each carried battleaxes, chainmail, large wooden shields, and crossbows with 20 bolts.

In the Bladeworks:
320gp
1100sp
a gold necklace set with ruby stones (worth 900gp),
and a potion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Spellcraft

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,001 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.