Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,251 to 2,300 of 3,001 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 1 Init 5

Status:

HP = 27/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Martigan moves and casts a spell to guide Doruk's blade.

Guidance on Doruk.


1 --
5 Tiabrar : Bombs Ghared for 11HP
5 Martigan : Moves to, Guidance on Doruk
3 Doruk : Moves towards door

2 --
21 Mobled : Charges Ghared, hits for 8HP
21 Mukluk : TBD
20 Petrel : TBD
15 Ghared (-19) :

With a boom, Tiabrar's bombs explodes against Ghared and the double doors as she screams in agony. Yet, she continues her effort to open the doors with her charred hands as she smolders.

Martigan advances to Doruk, who then moves towards the double doors.

Mobled leaps at Ghared, knocking the poor duergar into the door and battering her in the process. However, she continues her desperate effort to open them.

Now Up: Mukluk and Petrel


As it's inevitable with the bomb going off that those doors are opened, updating the map (with new coordinate system)

Map that will be exposed AFTER Mukluk and Petrel act

The great doors lead into a barrel-vaulted foundry about 40 feet across and 70 feet long, although the eastern end of the chamber continues into a large, dark cave.

A stream of water rushes through the center of the room, crossed by two stone bridges.

A blast of cold wind moans through this room as you notice several lean gray dwarves working at roaring forges, apparently interrupted in their work beating white hot blades into shape on ancient anvils.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 2, Init 21

Mukluk gives Tiabrar a harsh glare.

"We did not want to kill her."

Mukluk delays, saving his precious magicks for something that deserves them.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

We didn't?
Female voice: I'm not seeing the problem.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will move up so he can peer around the corner (so either M through P, can't tell). He'll look to Mukluk for instruction.

"What do we do? Are the dwarven women fighting over you, Mukluk?


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk again realizes that Petrel is right again.

The duergar female is playing hard to get (and trying to win Mukluk's attentions)...fearing that Mobled is a rival, little understanding the dwarven prohibition on cousin dating.

Yep, can't get anything past Petrel. He's so perceptive.

Mukluk strokes his beard, waiting for Mobled to take the duergar out.

"Just hold on, Petrel, we might have more duergar to kill once they come out that door. Get the Sword of Kas ready."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Petal, ye barmy goof, Mukluk is me coz 'n a damned fool of a man, jus' like ye are. I might fight 'side 'im, but ne'er over 'im. Haela, save me..."


2 --
21 Mobled : Charges Ghared, hits for 8HP
21 Mukluk : Strokes his beard
20 Petrel : Moves to corner to look around once door opens
15 Ghared (-19) : Opens the door, withdraws away from Mobled
15 D1 : Enlarges
15 D2 : Enlarges
15 D3 : Enlarges
15 D4 : Moves to N,15 and readies a std action
5 Tiabrar :
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

3 --
21 Mobled :
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :

As Mukluk and Petrel observe Ghared's hasty withdrawal to the doors, the duergaress throws the doors open and shouts to several gray skinned humanoids working the forges beyond.

"Boys! We got company, and they ain't friendly!"

Still stumbling from her bruises in tussling with Mobled, she continues to withdraw deeper into the room as the other dwarves beyond prepare for battle by growing larger.

Updated Map

Now Up: Everyone!


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Init 21 {>S13}

Mobled steps up to the nearest duergar, raging and punching it. She then takes out her other potion, ready to enlarge next turn.

"Thanks, lady sow. Ye've givne me more skulls t' crack."

Status:

*raging
AC 15
CMD 19 (21 grapple)
CMB +6, +8 grapple
HP 33+6/33+6
Fort +11 Reflex +3 Will +8

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 6 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Unarmed strike 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Unfortunately the effects of all her drinking seem to have left Mobled's aim shaky. Jes' ye wait, pig lover.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 2, Initiative 3, Location P10->S12

Status:
AC +1 (combat expertise) HP: 26/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Doruk moves up next to Mobled (before he moves) and attacks the nearest Duergar.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack & guidance 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13 damage.

Clearly my aim is off. I really need to get back into the fight!

Doruk shakes his head to clear it and prepares to attack again!


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 2 Init 5

Status:

HP = 27/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Martigan moves to Tiabrar and grants her the Sun's guidance.

Cast Guidance on Tiabrar.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 3, Init 21

Mukluk moves to Q6, trying to get a better view into the room.

How did that duergar get away from Mobled? She's gotten soft.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

We should force those fat dwarves to come at us through the doorway one at a time.

Petrel will get rid of his throwing knife by hurling it to the closest durger, and quickly-draw his masterwork weapon.
Single knife no-sneak 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 221d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Potential crit: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 211d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Lol confirmed. Too bad crits don't trigger sneak attack

Petrel will brandish his masterwork and artifact weapons and call out to Mukluk.

"I am ready for the Battle of the Brides!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"An' a right pretty bride ye'd make, Petal. Ye n' yon Briar."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 2, Init 5 M8 -> Q8

Status:

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 4/7
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Fire damage to Ghared. 1d6 ⇒ 5
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.

Kill them or don't kill them? I'm so confused. I can always stop the bleeding after they're unconscious.

Tiabrar moves over to Q8 so he can see what's coming through the other doors and then fires an arrow at Ghared or another duergar if she's down.

Darkwood Longbow +7 (+2 mutagen)
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
1d8 ⇒ 8


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Damn, Tiabrar is on fire. And he's making others burn too.

"Let's get 'em all. This here be a dwarveforge and these here daft dark duergar need to leave."


Rolls:

Ghared Reflex vs Fire: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Ghared CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

D1 vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

@Doruk: I'm moving Doruk to Q,12 instead of S,12 since he'd be blocked by the still-closed right door from attacking.

@Mobled: S,13 would also be the wrong side of the door for you (see latest map), so you moved to R,13 instead.

Tiabrar's arrow sinks into the gray-skinned dwarf guarding the doorway as both Doruk and Mobled advance but fail to connect against their adversary. Mukluk and Martigan move into better position to see into the forge beyond, while Petrel's knife sinks into the dwarf's shoulder.

Ghared can be seen in the distance quaffing a potion while she spew out angered words to her brethren. "Kill these fools, they murdered our kin!" while the other duergar nod in response.

The one smaller dwarf meets the eyes of the injured one near the door, and hisses, "Wait..."

Stepping forward, his hands stretch out and brilliant globes of light trickle over Mobled and Doruk.

I need a DC14 Will Save from Mobled and Doruk. If you fail, you are blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds and stunned for 1 round.

Regardless of that outcome... The duergar is surprised as Mobled and Doruk fail to fall unconscious as the enlarged and wounded warrior was preparing to bring his axe down in a single stroke to end Doruk or Mobled's life.

The other enlarged dwarves move forward and form a semi-circle, brandishing their enlarged battleaxes with wicked glee. Some readied standard actions there...

2 --
5 Tiabrar : (-3 fire damage to G) Moves to Q8, Hits D1 for 8HP
5 Martigan : Moves to Tia, casts Guidance
3 Doruk : Moves up to the door, attacks and misses

3 --
21 Mobled : 5ft step forward and misses
21 Mukluk : Double moves
20 Petrel : Crits D1 with thrown knife for whopping 2HP
15 Ghared (-20) : Drinks a potion
15 D4 : Casts Color Spray at Mobled and Doruk
14 D1 (-10): Misses Mobled
14 D2 : Moves forward and readies
14 D3 : Moves forward and readies
5 Tiabrar :
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

4 --
21 Mobled :
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :

Latest Map


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 3, Initiative 3, Location Q12

Status:
AC +1 (combat expertise) HP: 26/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Willpower save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 vs DC 14

Woot!

Doruk attempts to make a point with the Duergar in the door. The point that he can hit the broad side of a barn... (-4 for cover factored in)

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 18 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14 damage.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 3, Init 5 Q8->R12

Status:

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 4/7 - 3 after this round.
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Fire damage to Ghared. 1d6 ⇒ 5
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.

Tiabrar giggles with glee as the duergar gather together. He moves up next to Doruk, activates his armbands to ensure success, and chucks his flask at the duergar.

He moves up to R-12 to remove the cover and add point blank. He targets the middle large duergar, specifically Q-16 of the creature which will catch everyone in the 10' radius explosion. 12 damage and on fire for the one duergar and 6 for the rest.

Ranged Bomb (Ranged touch +6)(7x day)
1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 21 with mutagen & point blank
1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 22 armbands
2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 + 1 = 12 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Init 21 {>R14}

Will save 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20 +1 trait v. spells, spell-like effects

She has an alternate race feature that adds +2 to enchantment, not all spells

Mobled decides to forego her potion of enlarge person for now, and instead steps in to clobber the enlarged duergar, head-butting and punching like a maniac.

Status:

*raging
AC 15
CMD 19 (21 grapple)
CMB +6, +8 grapple
HP 33+6/33+6
Fort +9 Reflex +3 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 7 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Flurry #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Flurry #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Yes, she's stepping right into their readied action trap. Yes, she's a raging, foolish dwarf. Yes, she may well die. Stupid barbarians.


Getting the book-keeping for Tiabar's bomb out of the way early since it's a lot of rolling and updating...

Rolls:

Bomb thrown at D2.
D1 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 -6HP
D2 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 -12HP and on fire
D3 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5 -6HP
D4 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 -3HP
G 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 -5HP -6HP
S 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 -3HP

Tiabrar's smoking bomb streaks into the room, directly hitting one of the readied duergar warriors directly in his chest. His eyes bulge briefly in alarm as he realizes what is about to happen as a tremendous explosion shakes the entirety of the room, catching the warrior on fire and completely incinerating the already-burning Ghared.

The duergar appear quite displeased.

Doruk swings his guisarme moments later, slicing through one of the surprised dwarves as he gurgles and drops to the ground.

15 Ghared (-31 dead) :
15 S (-3):
14 D1 (-24, dead):
14 D2 (-12, on fire):
14 D3 (-6):


Since I'm guessing Martigan isn't going to kill either of the two dwarves with readied actions from range, here's the attacks vs Mobled.

Moving Mobled to R,15 as D1 is dead, she can attack D2.

Rolls:

D2 vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11
D3 vs Mo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Twin oversized axes descend on Mobled, evoking bad memories of similarly configured traps formed by bronze statues. Luckily the raging drunk deftly maneuvers through the blades and with a roundhouse kick, knocks the burning warrior back onto the ground where his wiggles for a moment before his broken spine inhibits any future action on his part.

15 Ghared (-31 dead)
15 S (-3):
14 D1 (-24, dead)
14 D2 (-22, on fire, dead)
14 D3 (-6):

Updated Map

Still To Go: Martigan, Mukluk, Petrel


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 3 Init 5

Status:

HP = 27/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

"Doing great men!"

Martigan will move to Doruk and cast Guidance.

"May the Sun guide you Doruk."

Would one of you catch a disease so I can actually use that spell please? :P


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 4, Init 21

Mukluk will gloat happily as Tiabrar's bomb burns through most of the opposition.

"Nice work, elf! We might make a dwarf-friend out of you yet!"

Mukluk will move to R10 and use his wand on the enlarged duergar.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Magic Missile


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will move to Q13 on his turn, which would appear not to provoke from the super sized duergar.

He will then stab at the adjacent, tiny under-dark dwarf.

Single knife no-sneak, still poisoned 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

"A hit! Ha!"


Rolls:

S: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 4 = 23
D3 v P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5

1d20 ⇒ 9

5 Tiabrar : Throws the bomb o' doom
5 Martigan : Moves to, guidance on Doruk
3 Doruk : Kills D1

4 --
21 Mobled : Kills D2
21 Mukluk : Wands D3 for 4HP
20 Petrel : Stabs S for 2HP
15 S (-3): Color spray on Petrel, Doruk, Tiabrar
14 D3 (-10): Misses Petrel
5 Tiabrar :
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

5 --
21 Mobled :
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :

As their allies drop to the ground, the final two duergar grit their teeth and begin to dig in for a desperate battle.

The smaller dwarf begins an arcane chant as once again his outstretched hands glimmer with brilliant light that washes over Petrel, Doruk and Tiabrar.

DC14 Will save again, or blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds and stunned for 1 round.

With his spell completed, the dwarf backs away from Petrel and Mobled, disappearing from sight behind a large pile of wooden debris. (AoO from Petrel if he is not stunned)

The final duergar misses his swing at the thief, his aching muscles sore from countless hours toiling at the forges in this room.

Finally, the eastern door to the great hall swings open. Mukluk only feels a cool breeze but can swear he hears footsteps padding in the room surrounding him.

Now Up: Everyone!

Latest Map


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 5, Init 21 {R-S:15-16}

Mobled drinks her potion as a move action, growing to the dimensions of her duergar foe. She then punches out in reckless, rampant rage.

Status:

*raging, enlarged round 1
AC 13
CMD 21 (23 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 33+6/33+6
Fort +9 Reflex +2 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 8 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Unarmed strike 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Why're there two giant duergar in fronta me? Whoa, keep it t'gether, Mobled. Woozy...


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 5, Init 21

Mukluk (who moved to R10 last turn) moves to R13 to get another shot off of his wand at the big duergar (no, not Mobled).

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 force damage


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel's will save: 1d20 ⇒ 7

He is blinded and stunned! The knives fall to the ground with a clatter, and he is both disarmed and defenseless.

AC 16 -4 (no dex bonus while stunned) -2 (extra stunned penalty) = AC 10


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 4, Init 5 @ R12

Status:

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 3/7
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 2/3
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 Will save

Tiabrar stands there admiring the destruction--oh, and being stunned.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 4, Initiative 3, Location Q12->R15

Status:
AC +1 (combat expertise) HP: 26/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 vs DC 14 - yay!

Doruk shakes off the colored lights and presses on moving to R15 and attacking the last enlarged Duergar.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 = 14 damage.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 4 Init 5

Status:

HP = 27/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Seeing most of the group staring at the wall, Martigan moves in to provide cover while they recover.

Move to attack with Doruk, moving to P or Q 15.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


4 --
5 Tiabrar : Stunned/blinded
5 Martigan : Moves, hits for 9HP
3 Doruk : Moves, hits for 14HP, kills D3

5 --
21 Mobled : Enlarges, moves to S, misses
21 Mukluk : Can revise as his target is no longer alive...
20 Petrel : Stunned/blinded

Updating Mobled's action to now move ahead and attack the duergar wizard, she still misses though.

Doruk and Martigan advance and finish off the last enlarged dwarf warrior in the forge-filled room while Mobled pursues the smaller duergar who blinded her friends. Tiabrar and Petrel stand motionless admiring the pretty colors.

Now Up: Mukluk's Revised Action

Latest Map


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk moves to R17 instead of R13, no firing of wand.


Several enlarged duergar become visible as they swing their weapons at Mukluk....

Invisible Duergar

I'm made to understand he was in R,10 not Q,6 so either way it's two AoOs coming next post...


Rolls:

N vs Mu: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 = 13
ND2 vs Mu: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 = 9

Two gray-skinned duergar materialize out of thin air, gleeful grins on their bearded faces as one swings an enlarged battleaxe at Mukluk's head - and the other, apparently a female, swings one end of a vicious double-bladed sword at him. (Mukluk takes 13HP from the female's AoO)

Luckily, Mukluk evades the axe swing, only to have the double-bladed sword plunged deep into his back.

Mukluk is free to revise his 2nd move action/standard action now.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk continues to Q16 as desired.

"WE GOT MORE OF 'EM!" Mukluk announces.

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 7/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 2/6
GlimSkie Wand: 31/50


Rolls:

ND1 vs T: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11
ND2 vs T: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11
ND3 vs T: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12
N vs T: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 2 = 9

Never particularly fond of elves, these new duergar continue to advance after the party that killed their kin as another pair of gray-skins materialize mid-attack.

The bearded female bellows out, "Kill that elf woman while she's distracted by Snur's spells. I want that Highforge's head on my supper plate!"

Three enlarged axes and an enlarged double sword swing at the stunned and exposed Tiabrar in a dazzling array of death. Perhaps in their zeal, two of the duergar somehow miss. (Tiabrar takes 20HP of damage)

"Snur" as he was called (the duergar wizard) takes another cautious step away from Mobled and vanishes from sight.

Latest Map

Now Up: Everyone!

5 --
5 Tiabrar :
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

6 --
21 Mobled :
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Spellcraft on "Snur": 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


It was the duergar ability to turn invisible...


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 5 Init 5

Status:

HP = 27/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 2/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

"Oh Sundogs!"

Martigan moves back, attempting to heal his companion.

Move to Q17. Channel for 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 excluding Snur, sheathe mace.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

I'm confused. You decided that Mobled didn't enlarge herself? Where did the duergar that attacked Mukluk go?


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 5, Init 5 @ R12

Status:

SCREWED!!!

Blind. Bow dropped at feet.

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 1/21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 3/7
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 2/3
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Female voice: Looks like you might be meeting me in person soon. Just try to remain still and things might get better.

Tiabrar delays 5.9 seconds and hopes things get better or someone tells him what to do.


Mobled Muletender wrote:

I'm confused. You decided that Mobled didn't enlarge herself? Where did the duergar that attacked Mukluk go?

Ah, I forgot to give you a 2x2 icon. Yes, you're enlarged. Instead of attacking the duergar that Doruk and Martigan finished off ahead of your initiative, I moved you to base the wizard, who turned invisible after you missed.

Updated Map (with Mobled as 2x2 icon)


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 6, Init 21

Dang elf is paralyzed with fear. Poor sucker. Better help him.

1d100 ⇒ 74 Spell Failure

Mukluk casts Glitterdust (Will Save DC 17) on RS:9/10, catching the back 3 oafs, but not Bleed-o-brar in the sparkly blast.

"Now come you daft elf, and be careful!"

Suggesting taking total defense then moving back.

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 12/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 2/6
GlimSkie Wand: 31/50


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Thanks!

"Petal, make some room."

Mobled delays, waiting for some space for her enlarged girth. All those whiskey calories.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 6, Init? {> Q:R/12:13}

Once Petal gets out of her way, Mobled moves up, drawing her wrecking ball as she goes.

I don't think she can charge from her current position, since it looks like there's a large object around which she'd have to move. But she *does* ignore difficult terrain, so she'd charge if she can.

Status:

*raging, enlarged round 2
AC 13
CMD 21 (23 grapple)
CMB +8, +10 grapple
HP 33+6/33+6
Fort +9 Reflex +2 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 9 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Dorn derger 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 +2 charge?
2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14

Alas, her drunkenness and Paizo.com continue to work against her.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 5, Initiative 3, Location R15->R14

Status:
AC +1 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = none

Oh crap, this is unpleasant.

Doruk 5' steps to R14 and attacks the nearest duergar at the door.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17 damage.

"Everybody step lively we have ourselves a full on brawl! C'mon, wake up!"


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will snatch up his two knives, apparently taking up his action compliment for the round. He will then 5 foot step to make room for Mobled (so to P14, that should clear the path to the door).

Btw... "Dragon Style +2 save v. sleep, paralysis, and stun. Ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. Charge through squares that contain allies. Add 1-1/2 Str to damage roll for first unarmed strike/round." So you can charge right through Petrel!

2,251 to 2,300 of 3,001 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.