Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,201 to 2,250 of 3,001 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Thank ye kindly, Father Sun. I'll try to knock 'em down 'fore they do the same t' me."

Petrel, I think Mobled and Petrel will be in flank if he tumbles/moves behind the southerly D. Mobled has a 5', 10' and 15' foot reach due to enlarge, unarmed combat and a reach weapon.


1--
16 Doruk : Hits D1 for 12HP
5 Martigan : Heals Mobled for 18HP

2--
24 Petrel : Defers to Mobled for flank
16 Doruk : Misses
10 Mobled : Hits D2 for 8HP
10- Petrel : 5ft to flank, kills D2
10-- Tiabrar : Defers to Mob&Pet; scorches D1 for 14HP, kills it
7 Ghared : Offers quarter
6 Mukluk :
5 Martigan :

In a perfect storm of coordinated precision, Mobled moves forward just enough to distract the southernmost warrior while Petrel buries his blade in it's back.

With that duergar defeated, a fiery bomb descends onto the other male duergar and with a thundering boom, incinerates the poor gray dwarf.

The final female dwarf's expression changes rapidly as she hurriedly offers her surrender in gruff Common.

"Enough! Enough! Ye all are well armed, I can'nae hope to defeat ye and yer Sun God."

She's offering her quarter. If you choose not to take it, let me know, she has a readied action should you not...


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk hesitates, but stands ready as he waits for his employers to make the final decision.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar does nothing and lets the dwarves talk to each other.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan casts his gaze about the room before turning to guard their flank, relying on the dwarven wonder twins to notify him of resumed hostilities.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Dwarf wonder triplets!


Male Dwarf Wanderer

I'm waiting for a response from GM Glim RE: Dwarf-Duergar relations. If we don't hear back by 11pm PST Sunday, Mukluk begins blasting.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk steps forward and examines the 3, uh, 1 duergar.

dwarvish:

"Lay down your weapons. As long as you answer our questions and do not move against us, you'll not be harmed. So says I, Mukluk of the Clan Highforge."

"If she lays down her weapons, do not harm her. She'll answer our questions if she does. If not, Petrel, you may take her life." Mukluk nods knowingly at the 'dwarf'.


The duergar woman looks at you all warily for a moment before she nods at Mukluk, a wry smile playing over her grayish lips.

Dwarven:

"Ah, yer the one in charge then eh Highborn?"

She drops her crossbow to the ground where it rattles violently, before unstrapping her quarrel and letting it fall to the ground as well.

She continues to speak in Common for the benefit of everyone.

"So, we'll see just how honorable you Highforge pigs are then, eh? --in keepin' yer word?"

She spits and looks haughtily at you all.

"So, ye're capable enough. What're ye here fer? Plunder'n Durgeddin's relics for ye'selves?"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Shut up, cow. We're the ones askin' the questions. Where's the other one? I heard another one. Where is 'e, ye coward." Mobled takes a moment to catch her breath, still large and still holding her fist-chain threateningly.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

dwarftalk:

"You see anyone else here with a beard as nice as mine? Of course I'm in charge you daft doorknob. You think they would put a non-dwarf in charge of freeing this place of the orcs?"

Mukluk says sternly.

"Now what is your name and how many of yer folk are around here? And which one of you left that magic mouth on the stairs?"


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk relaxes a bit but keeps a firm grip on his guisarme. He can't follow the whole conversation, but what he can follow seems like mostly bluster on both sides so far.

I wonder how long this will take?


"Other one?" Ghared (as she's called), inquires with an arched eyebrow as she observes the fallen bodies of her companions.

The sound of hammers on anvils continues, louder now that you are standing in the great hall and the sound of battle has died down.

"Look," she says with her empty hands up as she takes a step backward, "there's a lot o' us folk here. A lot more than you all, at least."

As Mukluk inquires about the magic mouth at the stairs, she smiles again. "Ye like that? A clever spell from our wizard 'twas - gave us time to try an set an ambush for ye all, but we were clearly outnumbered eh?

The duergaress glances nervously about.

"Now look, if ye wanted to come to some sort o' arrangement, I could see letting ye pass and have a look around in the areas we ain't workin' in. Perhaps if ye wished to add a little coin to the offer, I could even give ye some clues as t'what ye might be findin'."


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Sense motive to tell whether she's covering for some other invisible duergar in the room 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"Like me coz said, this i'n't duergar territory. Ye be intruders 'n need t' leave. Or I'll be happy t' knock yer bastard orc-y skulls in."

I believe Mobled is still -5 hp, if Martigan is willing to spare a wand charge.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"And where is this wizard, woman? Where are the rest of your kind?"

Mukluk notices that the duergar is trying to change the terms of their agreement by extorting gold, but says nothing. He'll hold up his end of the bargain or kill her if she breaks hers.


Ghared chortles a bit before responding. "Eh? Ye gots an army down th' hall? Like I said, we outnumber ye five t' one if yer thinking ye can kick yer way through us."

Clearing her throat, she reiterates her offer.

"Look, fer the right considerations I can see fit t' letting ye explore Durgeddin's lost halls t' the north there and probably convince m'boss t'look the other way while ye do so..."

She pauses for a moment and continues to consider the offer she extended.

"Abbathor's beard - I bet ye could even rest 'ere if ye promised t' off the ol' dragon lurkin' at th' lake below."


Ghared looks at Mukluk, her head tilting to the side.

"What - are ye deaf Highborn? D'ye not hear the sweet sound o' our hammers? Why we got a dozen smiths workin' the forges yonder, guarded by Nimira's elite warriors."

She juts her chin toward the southern and eastern doors, which confirms the rough direction where the sounds of the hammering is emanating from.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Is she bluffing? Inflating the numbers, perhaps? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Mobled suspects she might be inflating the numbers and that she indeed is interested in some sort of monetary bribe in exchange for cooperation.


Male Dwarf Wanderer
DM Panic wrote:
"What - are ye deaf Highborn? D'ye not hear the sweet sound o' our hammers? Why we got a dozen smiths workin' the forges yonder, guarded by Nimira's elite warriors."

"No, I ain't deaf, you're just daft. You and all your kin are leaving this here forge. I'm letting you live because you agreed to answer our questions. No worries if you want to keep quiet and play games, we'll kill you and the rest of your black souled brethren as well," Mukluk counters.

We have a job to do and these empty tubs of beards will be leaving.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel, not understanding this dwarvish dialect (or that it is in fact the common language in Moble's accent), will take to the shadows and lurk behind a pillar.

Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Ye're a liar, cow. Ye dinna 'ave the numbers ye claim. I'll wager there ain't but five other've yer bastard kin yonder."


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan continues to watch the rear, slightly alarmed at the woman's claims of an army in the far hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk can't keep up with all that's being said, but he knows the tone.

He grips his guisarme and readies for battle.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

This is just like being with Rinalda's father. Lots of arguing. Lots of drinking. Lots of comapring whose beard is bigger and better than whose. I prefer the drinking part.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar keeps his bow in hand, but takes out a flask, takes a deep drink and offers it to Martigan.

"Nothing special. Just whiskey."


Ghared shrugs. "Ye're all tough negotiators. Ye're not goin' to soften me up t' share all I know about th' Foundry and Sink'ole then, but that's yer choice..."

She allows her voice to trail off and then makes a grand gesture towards all the doors.

"Pick yer door then, oh wise ones n' I'll just say I 'aven't a clue what's beyond..."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Mobled, the deal I gave her was contingent on her telling what she knew. She hasn't. Kill her or knock her out or do what you want with her. I'm done with her and we and move to the next of her kin," Mukluk hisses.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Gladly, coz."

Before things get started: I imagine that Mobled's enlarge has worn off. Has the duergaress shrunk down?


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan takes the flask with a grateful nod and passes it back after a sip.

"Any idea what they're saying?"


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Geez, Martigan, we're speakin' in common! What about his dark daftnugget's evasions don't you get?!"

Mukluk's irritation comes to the fore.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar repeats back the parts spoken in dwarven, in dwarven.

Realizing him mistake, he'll then relate them in common.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan grins back towards his glorious leader.

"Apparently the interesting parts Mr. Highborn."


I was debating her Enlarge's duration - it certainly lasts longer than Mobled, as Mobled's potion are 1st level CL so last only 1 minute.

Technically Ghared's would use her level/HD to determine rounds, so get to last several minutes. It's just a question of how long we say this conversation has taken. I'd say hers is ending any moment as you've spent ~2 minutes chatting her up.

**

Since Mukluk didn't reference his comments to Mobled being out of ear-shot of the duergar...

Ghared's ears perk when she hears Mukluk suggest Mobled knock her out or kill her.

She swiftly turns her attention to Martigan, a look of genuine concern awash on her features.

"I should've known a Highbred dwarf wouldn't keep 'is word... e's asked me about our numbers, a spell and where me kin is. Answered 'em all I has."

She scowls toward Mukluk and Mobled.

"Now this one says to his wife 'ere to kill me? Just because I propose a deal where I talk m'boss into lettin' ye explore without any unnecessary blood? Or just 'cuz I suggest a little coin might keep me extra honest? Don't ye Sun God prize honesty? That's all I been with ye..."

She takes another step back away from her crossbow towards the southeast door, her hands up.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Stay where ye're at, pig lover. I'm not like me coz here. I dinna kill prisoners, though I'd be 'appy to beat on ye t' repay ye for this." She points to the still red welt on her face where Martigan's healing worked its magic.

"'N he's me coz, not me husband. Even if I were interested in that itty bitty lump 'tween 'is legs, everyone knows Highforge men're better for thinkin' 'n givin' orders than..." She starts to laugh, then remembers herself and frowns.

"Stop distractin' me, ye sow. I tell ye, she's lyin' 'bout their numbers. Kinna trust a dwarf who'd lie with pigs 'n trogs. Let me smack 'er one or three 'n we'll be off."


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"She can either tell us what she knows and we can let her go or you can have your way with her, Mobled. Smack away if she don't talk."


Ghared continues to stand unarmed, observing everyone warily, uncertain if she's been asked any additional questions with which to bargain for her life...


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Seeing combat might break out again soon, Tiabrar takes another drink and then puts his flask away to have a hand free to draw an arrow without dropping and spilling the flask.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Sow, tell us how many of ye there really be, 'n we'll let ye all leave our fortress with yer heads on. Well, we'll try not t' kill em, anyways."


Ghared sighs at Mobled's question. "Ye can't do the math yerself? I said we had five times yer number. There's two score o' us. Ye knows what a score is right?"

She rubs her hands together again as she returns to normal size.

"So ye want a deal where I talk Nimira into lettin' ye explore, or are ye itchin' for a fight yer outnumbered at?"

Her eyes once again drift to the door from which beyond sounds of hammers at work against anvils can be heard.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled attempts to grapple the duergar.

Grapple 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Knock her out. Let's move on. We'll let her go when we finish with her kin."


Rolls:

Initiative:
Doruk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Martigan: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Mobled: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Mukluk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Petrel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ghared: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Mobled reaches out to grapple Ghared. who ducks away, clearly understanding the party's intentions.

"Blasted untrustworthy son of a..." she mutters, as she clearly intends to flee or fight now.

Giving Mobled a surprise attack and starting a new initiative for this...

Surprise --
21 Mobled : Misses grapple

1 --
21 Mobled
21 Mukluk
20 Petrel
15 Ghared
5 Tiabrar
5 Martigan
3 Doruk

Updated Map

Now Up: Mobled, Mukluk and Petrel.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Mukluk and Mobled are married??

Petrel, trying to decipher the duerger language that Mobled is speaking, is caught completely by surprise by the sudden attack.

"What's happening? I thought she surrendered?"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Init 21 {M9}

Status:

AC 17
CMD 17 (19 grapple)
CMB +4, +6 grapple
HP 33/33
Fort +9 Reflex +3 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 5 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Mobled laughs as she finishes her slapstick grab at Ghared. "Untrustworthy? Lookie, sow, ye're lyin' 'bout yer numbers 'n who knows what else. Lucky yer no better a liar 'n yer piggy gran."

She attempts another grapple...

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

...but is laughing too hard and instead plays patty-cake-patty-cake with the duergar's arms. She dances around the dark dwarf, laughing and putting herself between Ghared and the large doors.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 1, Init 21

Mukluk *facepalms* as Mobled tries to kiss the duergar.

"Don't kill her, just knock her out. She ain't be honest with us and failed to honor the deal."

Full round action facepalm, as appropriate.


Spoiler:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

DC10 to hear a creature walking? To hear shouting? DC10? DC5? May not matter...

-5 Closed Door
D1 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 5 = 14
D2 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 5 = 12
D3 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 5 = 11
D4 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 5 = 6
S Perception: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 5 = 9
-9 Closed Door + Distance
D5 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 9 = 8
D6 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 9 = 9
D7 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 9 = -4
-13 Closed Door + Distance
N Perception: 1d20 + 2 - 13 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 13 = 9
D8 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 13 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 13 = 1
D9 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 13 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 13 = 7
D10 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 13 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 13 = 2
D11 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 9 = -2
D12 Perception: 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 9 = 9

Ghared somersaults away from Mobled, somehow managing to come up with a pair of daggers as she moves away towards the double doors. "Oh yeah? Lying eh? Guess I'll just have to prove it, and swipe yer coins from yer corpses then!"

She summons a deep voice as she nears the door and begins to shout, "Yoggli! Dwlond! Ovdak! Intruders!" as she reaches to open it.

Updated Map

Now Up: Everyone!

1 --
21 Mobled : Misses grapple
21 Mukluk : Full round face palm
20 Petrel : Stands surprised by the turn of events
15 Ghared : Tumbles away to the double doors
5 Tiabrar :
5 Martigan :
3 Doruk :

2 --
21 Mobled :
21 Mukluk :
20 Petrel :


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 1, Init 5

Status:

Mutagen - 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 5/7 - 4 after this turn
Alchemist Fire left 6/7
Bracers' ability left 3/3
Mutagen: USED
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract) - USED
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared USED
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Tiabrar rushes forward 30' (M8) while pulling out a flask. He throws it Ghared's big head.

"I would've preferred to drink a flask with you, but this will have to do."

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 +2 for mutagen enhanced dexterity
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 Confirm?
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11 Fire damage
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16 Fire damage - If confirmed
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 2, Initiative 3, Location K4->P10

Status:
HP: 26/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Caught by surprise at the creatures quick movement, Doruk moves closer but cannot quite reach. Slowed by his armor, he curses under his breath that he wasn't positioned better.

Ah well, can't always be in the right place at the right time. Damn!

"Nice shot Tiabrar!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Init 21 {still M9}

Not sure if you noticed my repositioning last round to M9. IMobled was between her and the door. Not sure if that changes anything. I get confused about whether you have to make separate Acrobatics checks for each threatened square passed through...

"Dinna kill 'er. Ah, b*#+#$*s."

Status:

AC 15 *charge* / 17 if double move
CMD 17 (19 grapple)
CMB +4, +6 grapple
HP 33/33
Fort +9 Reflex +3 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 5 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Mobled charges after the duergar, trying to give the now burning woman a good, nonlethal smack. Although if the duergar is already down from the bomb, she'll double move and get ready to put the fire out next turn, instead....

Unarmed 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

2,201 to 2,250 of 3,001 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.