Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


2,001 to 2,050 of 3,001 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Wanderer

Thank you for the patience, gentlemen. I am only now working through my 'con' damage enough to be able to properly post. 'Con' damage, get it? Get it? Tee hee.

Round 2

Mukluk will fire again at the fleeing trog.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage

Round 3

Seeing that Doruk is having trouble with 'bearing' arms, Mukluk tries to help.

Mukluk casts Grease (Reflex DC 16) under the bear, getting all of its legs.

If he falls, it will serve him right for being 'bearfooted'.

"I hope he falls, Doruk. I want him to 'pawse' his attack."

Heh.

1d100 ⇒ 35 Spell failure

Yep, humor like that is why youse guys love me.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Facepawlm


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel, through warming up with some shadow boxing (or shadow knifing?), is now ready to make his attack!

two knives sneak + flank 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d4 + 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (7, 8) + 1 = 20
two knives sneak + flank 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 + 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (6, 3) + 1 = 14


Catching up on work after being away from it for a few days... update coming later tonight when I get a chance to update the map.


@Mukluk: The trog is already out of sight in round 2. I'm going to assume you cast your Grease in round 2 as a result instead of pursue the fleeing trog on your own...

Rolls:

Grizzly vs Grease vs DC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

t1 vs Martigan
claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

t3 vs Mobled (sickened, -2 to below)
claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

bear vs Doruk
claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The ground shimmers beneath the grizzly's claws as Mukluk's spell completes - the creature looks more annoyed than anything as it continues to snarl and swipe at Doruk.

The two remaining trogs continue to claw and bite at Martigan and Mobled. Martigan takes a gash across his chest from the first trog (-5HP) while Mobled's adversary capitalizes and both claws and bites the dwarf (-9HP)

The grizzly roars at Doruk and it's claws and jaws both barely miss Doruk as the Shieldlander ducks an inch away from it's reach.

With a final flourish, Petrel sinks his dagger into the trog near Martigan, and the life bleeds out of the lizardly creature as it crumples to the ground.

From how I read Grease, the bear doesn't need to save again until it moves from the area of the spell?

Round 3 Con't --
11 Trog1 (-10): Hits Martigan for 5HP
11 Trog3 (-2) : Hits Mobled for 9HP
11 Trog4 (-5) : <out of combat>
11 Bear (-16): Misses Doruk
10 Mukluk : TBD
6 Petrel : Finishes off trog#1

4--
17 Martigan : TBD
13 Mobled : TBD
13 Doruk : TBD
12 Tiabrar : TBD

Map - I don't believe anyone moved this last round of updates?


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 4

Status:

HP = 22/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), (D) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Martigan turns from the dead trog to assess the situation. Seeing Mobled playing kissy face with a lizard on the ground and Doruk wrestling a bear he is temporarily torn between which to help. Doruk's ability to get hit in the head firmly established, he moves behind the smelly dwarf known as Mobled and attempts to make him less bled.

Move to square by O in line between O and T. Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 and lose my CLW.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 4, Initiative 13, Location --

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) CMD:19+ HP: 22/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Why won't you fall you dumb bear?!

Doruk grits his teeth, takes a 5' step back toward the center of the party, and swings hard.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14 damage.

"That'll leave a mark!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Init 13

"Thanks fer ye balmy palms, brother. Mind where ye lay em, though!"

Status:

*raging* *sickened*
AC 15
CMD 15
CMB +4, +6 grapple
HP 33 [+6]/33 [+6]
Fort +10 Reflex +3 Will +8

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 2 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 2 used

Mobled shakes off the trog's blow and returns a couple of her own. "Ye smell like a half-orc I once knew. He's dead now though. Or is he? Hrn."

Flurry #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 still sickened? if not, another +2 to hit and dam.
1d6 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8
Fort save DC 14 v. stunning fist
Flurry #2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4

If she knocks the trog down, she goes for the bear. Not Mukluk, though he's hairy and smelly like a bear. Almost as hairy and smelly as Mobled, in fact.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 3, Init 10

Damn you Glim! Always making your saves! **shakes fist**

Mukluk will command his wand to fire at the Trog1 (if not Trog1, then Trog4).

"GlimSkie!!"
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage

Round 4, Init 10

Mukluk will command his wand to fire at the Trog1 (if not Trog1, then Trog4).

"GlimSkie!!"
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Oops, that last post should have been for Round 4. My bad.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 4, Init 12

Status:
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 21/21 (3d8)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 7/7
Mutagen: Not used
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Frustrated with the lizard-like creatures, Tiabrar changes his target to the bear.

It's not the broad side of a barn...
Female voice: It's the broad side of a bear. Little difference.

The last map I could find gives Tiabrar a clear shot at the lower left square of the bear.
Darkwood Longbow +7
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Rolls:

bear vs Doruk
claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Round 3 Con't --
10 Mukluk : Missiles trog#3 for 4HP (1 is about to die and 4 is gone)
6 Petrel : Finishes off trog#1

4--
17 Martigan : Fails defensive casting
13 Mobled : Finishes off trog#3
13 Doruk : Hits the bear for 14
12 Tiabrar : Hits the bear for 4
11 Trog1 <dead>
11 Trog3 <dead>
11 Bear (-34): Bites Doruk for 11HP
10 Mukluk : Missiles the bear for 2HP (no more trogs)
6 Petrel : TBD

Bear has been hit for 36HP total.

5--
17 Martigan : TBD
13 Mobled : TBD
13 Doruk : TBD
12 Tiabrar : TBD

Two more trogs fall to the coordinated efforts of Mukluk, Mobled and Petrel.

Doruk and Tiabrar turn their attention to the bear, and a vicious slash punctuated by a well-aimed arrow begin to slow the enraged beast. It lashes out again at Doruk with a bloody claw. While Doruk pivots to avoid it, the creature cunningly latches it jaw onto his left leg and tears through his armor and flesh. (-11HP to Doruk)

There's plenty of room to maneuver around the bear for everyone so I'm going to save myself the hassle of map updates while you finish it off.

Old Map

Now Up: Everyone! (except Mukluk)


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 5, Initiative 13, Location --

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) CMD:19+ HP: 11/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

"OW! That was a fearsome blow!"

Doruk, limping a little, takes a step back from the bear to keep it at weapon length and strikes again hoping to fell it before it fells him!

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 = 14 damage.

I hope that does him in. I'll need the careful ministrations of our healer soon - no more bears!


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk snorts angrily as the bear continues to rip into Doruk,

I wonder if he could pawsibly take another hit.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 5, Init 12

Seeing the huge gash in Doruk's leg, Tiabrar puts an arrow into the bear just to be sure even though it surely falls from Doruk's counterstrike.

1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will charge at the bear, by careful means of moving south, east, then north and west to avoid attacks:

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

He'll double move and end up providing flank.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Assuming Doruk has not felled the bear, Mobled takes a swig of whiskey and swings at it.

Unarmed strike 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 -2 if still sickened
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 -2 if still sickened


With no small amount of pain in his leg, Doruk's counter-attack slashes across the beast's chest as it rears up in front of the Shieldlander.

With a massive thud, it crashes to the ground lifeless.

Out of initiative and combat now.


Updated Map

As you all recover from combat with the troglodytes and the brown grizzly bear, Mobled realizes the two passages to the southwest connect off some distance ahead and branch off to some sort of chamber to her left.

A search of the bear's cave finds little besides some straw and refuse.

The tunnel in the northwest slopes upward and Mukluk can confirm it goes on for hundreds of feet. He has a sneaking suspicion it runs up to the surface.

Will pause here to allow you all to rest, heal and then decide if you backtrack, explore the small chamber to Mobled's left or head straight ahead to what seems like it would be a larger cavern that the lone trog fled towards.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) CMD:19+ HP: 11/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Doruk cleans his guisarme on the dead bear and wraps his leg.

"I suggest we follow that trog, and quickly if we can. I don't like the idea of a whole trog tribe rising up out of the depths. With luck, there is just a small outpost as with the orcs."

I really need to replace my shield. Next time, bring two. Fool.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk gets his pick ready, unwilling to consider moving forward until the important things are done.

Mukluk will take a minute to coup de pick every trog and the bear (twice).

"There. Sometimes they get back up." Mukluk spits, trying to get the taste of trog out of his mouth.

With that done, Mukluk will try and orient himself and the room, trusting his dwarviness to keep him from getting disoriented.

"That way," Mukluk points with authority, "probably goes back to the surface. These here Trogs probably hunt out there."

Mukluk lowers his pointing pick.

"Now, which way to go next? Yeah...yeah..yeah..." Mukluk listens to Doruk and nods. "Let's do that. Follow that Trog. But not quickly...I ain't about to go stumbling into more traps."

Mukluk readies to follow Doruk.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Once Mobled recovers from her alcohol and trog induced queasiness, she agrees. "Ay, after yon quiverin' lizard. Right after I plug me nose." She proceeds to tear some strips off a handkerchief, soak them in whiskey and stuff them in her nose.

"I'll follow arrears o' ye, Dork."


Updated Map

This great cavern extends about 200 feet in length.

The ceiling glimmers with a faint phosphorescence almost 50 feet overhead and Doruk's glaive and Martigan's shield both strike dazzling glints from bright flecks and gleaming stone structures.

Mukluk can clearly see why the dwarves called this "The Glitterhame".

Patches of strange fungi dot the floor, including capped stalks standing as tall as a human and growing puffballs almost a yard wide.

High ledges rise 15-20 feet above the floor on the north, south and western walls.

Carved stone stairs descend from a western edge which seems to contain a number of stone sepulchres. These steps descend onto a path you are now standing on and lead towards a small iron door in the eastern wall.

The entire chamber sights with a soft cool breeze.

The trog that fled is nowhere to be seen.

Because of the glimmering ceiling here, you can see the entire chamber. Obviously the ledges aren't able to be seen in detail from where you are all currently standing.

For convenience, I added green arrows on the map indicating all obvious unexplored routes.

Updated Map


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"Dibs on the bear skin cloak!"


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Status:

HP = 22/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Martigan gathers the troops and channels a heal.

2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

He follows this up with a healing spell for Doruk.

Command becomes CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Wow. I guess my tinkering with healing potions will always fall short of divine healing.
Female voice: Yes. It's important to stay on the cleric's good side.

Tiabrar takes an arrow out and spins it on the ground. It drops with the head facing east.

"Let's go that way." He points toward the iron door.
1d12 ⇒ 3

Mukluk might swear he sees a ghostly hand facepalm Tiabrar.

If no one stops him he'll wander over looking at the door and area for traps.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
Martigan the Sun-Touched wrote:
He follows this up with a healing spell for Doruk.

"Most generous Martigan sir! Thank you!"

Doruk keeps guard over Tiabrar as he checks for traps.

Mobled Muletender wrote:
"I'll follow arrears o' ye, Dork."

"Oh, and Mobled, it's Do-Ruk, not Dork. OK?" Doruk grins.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk looks around the room, thinking about the various exit.

"Ah, Doruk. I think it's too late now. I think he's got away. I'd follow more, but I'd hate to have them be able to sneak up behind us...and there is no telling what else might be in this cave." Mukluk scratches his chin.

"I prefer a nice ordered search. Like starting with the one the elf wanted to look at."

Mukluk would prefer to go back and check out 'B', area 21a, and the arrow in the middle map first.

It's only after a few moments of thinking does Mukluk really look about the room.

"Wait? What? Look at this place!" Mukluk's thinking face is replaced by a smile. "It's beautiful! This is the kind of dwarf-home I could get behind. Now, this was a worthy quest!"

Mukluk looks about for Tiabrar.

"Yo, elf. You tell that dwarf lass thanks for sending me in here to do this! This will be a great rebirth for the clan, I tells you!"

Mukluk drinks in the cave scenery.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Re-birth of the clan? Aren't Mukluk and Maeby.. er Mobled cousins?


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Give 'er a peck on the lips for me when ye see 'er, 'swell." Mobled begins moving in the direction Mukluk and Doruk indicated. DorOOk. I'll 'ave t' remember that. Ook.


Going with the earlier post that you head east along the path to the iron door.

Rolls:

Perception DC21
Doruk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Martigan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Mobled: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Mukluk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Petrel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

INIT
Doruk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Martigan: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Mobled: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Mukluk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Petrel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Tiabrar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Gricks: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

g1 vs Mobled
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

g2 vs Martigan:
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

g3 vs Tiabrar:
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

As the six of you head east towards the door, Doruk clearly make out a silvery rune on it's surface, which Mukluk can confirm is the mark of the dwarven smith Durgeddin.

However, the trip is quickly interrupted as shadows move from the slope to the north and several wormlike tentacles lash out in your direction from several positions amid the rocks.

Surprise --
20 Gricks (X3) : Hit Martigan and Tiabrar for -4HP each
14 Mobled :
11 Martigan :
6 Mukluk :

1 --
20 Gricks :
14 Mobled :
12 Petrel :
11 Martigan :
9 Tiabar :
6 Mukluk :
2 Doruk :

A vicious mouth snaps out at Mobled first, but luckily the invisible magic barrier deflects the maw as the dwarf spins on her heels. Martigan and Tiabar are not so lucky as the tentacled creatures' mouths chomp directly and hungrily into exposed flesh. (-4HP for both Martigan and Tiabrar)

The gricks are attacking from the slope, which is actually rough and rocky and about 12-15 feet up. They are attacking partially from cracks and between rough rocks that form this incline up to the area to the north (translation: they get some cover while amid the rocks on the slope).

Battle Map

Now Up: Mobled, Martigan and Mukluk in the surprise round.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Surprise Round

Mukluk looks at the creatures with a leer.

Thems are uglier than the elf. What are they called again?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Knowledge: Dungeoneering

Reacting instinctively, Mukluk will send a cloud of acid at the two gricks cloistered together.

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 acid damage & sickness, DC 14 Fort save for half damage, no sickness

Acid Cloud:

Acid Cloud: (1d6+1) (6/day) (DC 14)
Acid Cloud (Su): Stnd action: create a 5-foot-radius cloud of acid vapor within 30 feet that lasts for 1 round. Deals 1d6 points of acid damage + 1 point for every two wizard levels you possess to all creatures in the cloud and sickens them for 1 round. A successful Fortitude save negates the sickened effect and halves the damage. DC= (10+1/2 level+Int mod)=14.

Sickness = –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Surprise Round

An iron door. Hmmm. Shouldn't be too difficult to deal with. It'd be easier if people weren't shouting. Ouch. That hurts. That really hurts. What is that?


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round Surprise, Init 14

"... I tells 'er, 'Yer the loveliest lass I've e'er seen, 'n that includes me coz Mukluk. Ye smell a mite bit lovelier'n 'im 's well. That's what I says. I think she loves me, true 'n hone... 'ey, wus with the grabby star mouth snappin' out o' the dark?"

Mobled gives a laugh and starts to tustle with the snake like creature next to her.

Status:

AC 17 (less grappled)
CMD 15, 17 grapple
CMB +4, +6 grapple
HP 33/33
Fort +9 Reflex +3 Will +6

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 2 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Grapple 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Round 1 depends on whether it's able to escape grapple


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round Surprise

Status:

HP = 23/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 5/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

"Whup, what's this now?"

Martigan will look up at the creatures assaulting him before scowling and casting a quick spell.

Bless defensively 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


For Mukluk:

This passage from the PFSRD seems worthy to paste for a dwarf...

Capable predators, gricks also have a strangely weapon-resistant hide that makes them especially dangerous. Many novice adventurers have fallen to grick attacks merely because they were unable to damage the creature with their nonmagical weapons. Those that are familiar with gricks (especially dwarves, morlocks, and troglodytes) know the best strategy for dealing with them is to fall back and wait for more powerful or magical reinforcements.

So, yeah.... DR10/magic.

Rolls:

g1 vs Acid Fort DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
g2 vs Acid Fort DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

g1 take control of grapple vs Mobled
CMB (sickened): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22

g2 vs Martigan:
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

g3 vs Tiabrar:
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
tentacles: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Surprise --
20 Gricks (X3) : Hit Martigan and Tiabrar for -4HP each
14 Mobled : Begins tangling with the nearest grick
11 Martigan : Casts Bless
6 Mukluk : Acid Cloud

1 --
20 Grick#1 (-3HP, sickened) : Takes control of grapple with Mobled
20 Grick#2 (-1HP) : Hits Martigan for 8HP
20 Grick#3 : Hits Tiabrar for 10HP
14 Mobled :
12 Petrel :
11 Martigan :
9 Tiabar :
6 Mukluk :
2 Doruk :

As Mobled begins to wrap her meaty forearms around the tentacles of the closest creature, a burst of acid sprays against her, conjured by her cousin's wily dwarven magicks. A moment later, a burst of warm light radiates from Martigan as he clutches his holy sun, confirming that Pelor still all favors you all.

The grick that Mobled is working to hold onto wiggles free and instead wraps several of it's tentacles around the dwarf, lifting her from the ground. (Grick takes charge of the grapple)

Martigan's holy blessing is repaid by whatever foul demon-god these gricks worship (likely none), as it chomps down on him again and this time several tentacles whip out, leaving streaks of blood on his exposed face. (-8HP)

The last grick has a particular fondness for elven maidens in its diet, and deciding Tiabrar will be as close as it will get in the Glitterhame this month, locks it's gaping maws clasps onto the elf as several tentacles lash out at the elf. (-10HP)

Now Up: Everyone with their Round 1 full actions!


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk grumbles when he more fully realizes what is attacking them.

"Gricks! They hate the taste of magical weapons!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Init 14

Mobled gets a might angry (RAGE!!!!) and attempts to reverse the grapple again. "Hold still, ye ugly varmint."

Status:

**raging**
AC 11
CMD 19 (21 grapple)
CMB +4, +6 grapple
HP 33 {+6}/33 {+6}
Fort +11 Reflex +3 Will +8

Weapon Equipped unarmed strike
Rage 3 of 17 rounds used
Stunning Fist 1 of 1 used

Grapple 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17 bless


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 1, Initiative 2, Location --

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) CMD:19+ HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = Blessed

If he can reach it (10' reach weapon), Doruk attacks the Grick directly above him.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15 damage.

If he cannot reach it, Doruk steps 5' back, pulls out his bow, and shoots the same Grick (-4 for being in combat).

Long Bow (mw/18str) attack 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 5 doing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.

"What the hell is that thing!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

This looks to be a painfully long fight. Maybe we should post two rounds at a time...? Not sure what would make it go faster...


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 1

Status:

HP = 15/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 5/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Grunting from the impact of the things teeth, Martigan channels healing energy into the group.

Channel 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 excluding #1.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 1, Init 6

"Damn Gricks! Back up, y'all! We need magic."

Cast Create Pit (DC 17 reflex) under the two Gricks.

"I'll buy us some time! Let's move back!"

Mukluk will strategically retreat 20' (toward the 24 on the map), using Tiabrar as an elf shield.

Mobled and Doruk, the edge of the pit is slantified. Doruk, you might need to redo your action if the two gricks fail their save. Lol...what am I saying?! It's GM AlwaysSave rolling. Nevermind. Ha.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel's eyes blur for a moment, and he thinks there are twenty gricks in the room.

"We've got to stop them from eating my bear skin cloak!*"

*Presently in unfinished form, attached to dead bear in previous encounter.

Petrel moves ahead 5 feet before Mukluk can shout his instructions, and begins attacking Grick3.

Two knives no sneak [non-magic) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 ⇒ 2

Two knives no sneak [Sword of Kas] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
Mobled Muletender wrote:
This looks to be a painfully long fight. Maybe we should post two rounds at a time...? Not sure what would make it go faster...

Our deaths? hehehehe

After his swing, Doruk will take a 5' step back away from the cliff.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 1, Init 9

Status:

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 7/21
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 7/7
Mutagen: Not used
Extracts (4/day)
OPEN - 1 (one minute to mix an extract)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds - 1 prepared
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Polypurpose Panacea
Shield - 1 prepared
True Strike - 1 prepared

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Tiabrar takes a 5' step to SW, draws out a bomb, and throws it at the grick. Afraid to get his hand any closer to the tentacles, he cuts his throw short and it goes wide to the left. Fortunately the splash only catches the glick.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.
1d8 ⇒ 2 - miss location, clockwise from square between target and Tiabrar


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

"Good idea Mukluk! Blast them with magic!"

Petrel prepares to withdraw out of the coming fireball explosion radius.


Rolls:

Grick#3 save vs Splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Grick#1 save vs Pit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Grick#2 save vs Pit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

1 Continued --
14 Mobled : Reverses the grapple again!
12 Petrel : Hits for 3HP
11 Martigan : Heals for 8HP
9 Tiabar : Hits Grick#3 for 3HP of splash fire damage
6 Mukluk : Creates a pit, Grick#1 and Grick#2 fail their saves
2 Doruk : {save pending, then gets attack}

2 --
20 Grick#1 (-3HP, in ptt) : TBD
20 Grick#2 (-1HP, in pit) : TBD
20 Grick#3 (-3HP): TBD
14 Mobled :
12 Petrel :
11 Martigan :
9 Tiabar :
6 Mukluk :
2 Doruk :

OK lots going on here. First I have two gricks who are wedged vertically in between rocks. I'll rule that the Create Pit basically stretches (in an extra-dimensional sense) whatever the gricks were lodged in between. Now here's the pinch, the pit was created on ground that actually is something of ~60 degree angle.

Image of how I'm ruling this works

Basically, I'm going to say wherever the top of the ground was, it becomes 10ft lower, so the pit doesn't have a flat bottom (and effectively lower the ground 23 feet on the side furthest from you. Because of the sudden change in surrounding terrain, the gricks do fall 10 feet and because the edges are sloped, those of you adjacent when this happens (which is Doruk and Mobled grappling the grick) also need to make Reflex saves or stumble into the pit with the gricks.

On the image, the yellow line is the pit's side view.

There's also another special ruling here with Mobled, who is grappling one of the gricks the pit appears beneath. Because Mobled did become "in charge" of the grapple just prior to Mukluk's spell, I'll say she can release the grapple as a free action to not plummet automatically with the grick below (she still needs to make the save for being on the edge, though).

As a result, Doruk will need to make his Reflex save before I resolve his action to see if he's in the pit with the gricks. If he is, then both of those gricks will likely stay in the pit with Doruk and attack him versus climb out.

Sorry to slow this down, but I'll need Mobled and Doruk's saves to continue with the update!


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

"Coz, if ye ever do that again, I'll rip yer beard off and use it to sew yer holes shut!!!!

Presuming Mobled gets the +2 to Reflex listed in the spell description.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Fail. Really, please don't do that again. On the bright side, she maintains the grapple.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

*Edit* Not sure if you'd count the bonus v. bull rushes, trips, etc. that dwarves get in this circumstance. Also forgot a +1 v. spells and spell effects.


Ah I'm just about to retire to bed and saw an IM from Pain. It looks like you only need to make the Reflex save if you end your turn next to the pit. This should keep Doruk safe, since he can attack and step away.

If Mobled let's go of the grapple, she won't need to make a Reflex save either. I assume she'd let go and move away from the pit?

I'll update with the grick actions tomorrow A.M.

2,001 to 2,050 of 3,001 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.