Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,001 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Latest Map

Mobled:

You're in area 6 on the map. :) A heavily wounded orc just ran past deeper into the caverns.

The cage to your cell is usually carried by an older, grizzled orc, which you've heard referred to as Old Yarrack.

Sharing your prison cell for the last several weeks are a pair of humans you've come to know - Geradil and Courana. Geradil is the one who brought your attention to the sounds of battle and woke you from your slumber.

You know the orcs here have tried to ransom these two cousins, who hail from the town of Narwell. Geradil claimed to have come from a wealthy family and Yarrack got the idea that he could bring in some good gold for their ransom. Unfortunately, as they both shared with you, they are actually quite poor and had attempted the trip into the mountains hoping to scavenge for old weapons from the Hateful Wars to sell.

You have been kept alive, because the orcs think you must know something about the dwarven fortress, and keep asking you questions about dwarven history (it's your choice whether or not you've misled them or truthfully been answering).


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 18, Initiative 7, Location S19->20

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Hard to fight with the guisarme in these tight quarters. One more shot before I bring out the flail.

To try and stop that axe from killing everyone, Doruk takes a 5' step back and tries again to trip his opponent.

Guisarme combat expertise, trip 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 vs the opponents CMD.

"Ha, I just needed the right tool for the job!"


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled responds:

Mobled is likely hurting a bit from the impudence of her response to the orcs.

"Frak you and your sow of a mother, snout face. All of the waraxes in piggyland couldn't get me to help you."

Several beatings later, in the midst of alcohol withdrawals, Mobled likely opened up a bit. "C'mon, porkloin, give us a drink. Just a tipple." Even the stuff orcs call beer probably made her sing. A little bit anyway.

Knowledge: HIstory 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"I might know a bit. Ye see, there was this king. Had this ring ye stick in this thing. Made the stones sing. Hey, that reminds me of this song we used ta belt out at the Bearded Dwarfess."

After another beating for her inability to stay on topic, Mobled turned into her current incoherent self.

The sounds of battle have begun to wake her up from her stupor, and are reviving some fight in her. She once again pushes against her bonds or any cell doors, seeing if she can run stupidly into the fray now that her guards are gone.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 17 when Petrel took the 5-foot, he was staggered. Then he was healed +8

Round 18

Petrel watches with amazement as his horrible axe wound closes, and then Doruk guisarme swoops around to try and trip the orc.

Two knives no sneak #1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d4 ⇒ 4
Two knives no sneak #2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 ⇒ 3

Knife #1 confirm? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 ⇒ 4

status:

-22 (staggered), +8
HP = 8 / 30
AC = 16 (17 vs light blades), CMD = 16
Fort = 3, Ref = 7, Will = 0
Condition: None


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 18, Init 6

Status:

Mutagen 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21/21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 3/7

I believe that no one is next to the Orc at Tiabrar's initiative. Petrel took a 5' step away and Doruk is using a reach weapon.

Seeing his companions continue to take brutal strikes, Tiabrar decides to up the ante and throws a bomb at the orc without the explosive addition.

It must be the high fat content of orcs that makes them burn so well. Perhaps a little added to my formulae.

Ranged Bomb (Ranged touch +6)(7x day)
1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 17 cover included
2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + 1 = 12 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 19, Init 13

Mukluk nearly drops his beard as the orc shakes off yet another of his spells.

This one must have the same blessing as Petrel...he be cursed too.

Seeing Tiabrar's fire, Mukluk clinches his teeth and adds is own unstoppable magic to Tiabrar's assualt.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 20/20
AC: 17 (dex, mage armor, shield)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 39/50


The latest map should have everyone's position at Tiabrar's initiative.

Linked again

Tiabrar could take a 5ft step away from Yarrack and hope to hit him with splash after deferring to the others... but at his Init count, there are 4 friendlies basing him.


18 --
19 Martigan : Heals Petrel for +9HP
13 Mukluk : Casts Glitterdust at Yarrack, saves
9 O14-2 (-5HP) : Misses Martigan
9 Y (-2HP): 5ft step to S18, whacks Martigan for -16HP
6 Tiabrar : To be clarified?
5 Petrel : Stays in melee, crits Yarrack for -8HP
5- Doruk : 5ft step back, trips Yarrack

19 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : Missiles Yarrack for -2HP

Petrel gets a knife into the orc's gut while Doruk takes advantage of the distraction to loop his guisarme and pull Yarrack nearly face first back into Mukluk's arcane gap. The dwarven wizard discharges another missile from his wand, which sizzles against the orc's armor.

I'll wait to DMPC Martigan to clarify Tiabrar's action, plus Doruk's in the square I thought Martigan would 5ft step away to. If I had to DMPC Martigan, I will likely have him use a withdraw action to move behind Mukluk, as he's the current focus-fire target of the BBEG :)

Yarrack will stand up on his initiative with a move action, so Petrel and Doruk will get AoOs. Go ahead and post those when you see this update.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel AoO : Single knife no-sneak 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d4 ⇒ 1

Oh, that'll sting! I should have brought a lemon!


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 19 Init 19

Status:

HP = 2/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = None
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 3/6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Short on both healing and life, Martigan withdraws.

Withdraw from the old orc to wherever is best for the party.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 18, Init 6 REVISED
I missed that the orc stepped up. In this case, I don't see enough space opening up anytime soon, so I'll just stick with arrows. Tiabrar should be in P-19. Post #1595. The arrow roll would then be 19 vs AC with cover included (14+7+2+1-4). The damage would be 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 17 cover included


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Attack of Opportunity (1)

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Doruk uses his attack of opportunity to try to keep the ugly old orc on the ground.
Guisarme combat expertise, trip 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 vs the opponents CMD.

"Stay down you ugly brute. We don't want you moving"


18 --
19 Martigan : Heals Petrel for +9HP
13 Mukluk : Casts Glitterdust at Yarrack, saves
9 O14-2 (-5HP) : Misses Martigan
9 Y (-2HP): 5ft step to S18, whacks Martigan for -16HP
6 Tiabrar : Misses with an arrow
5 Petrel : Stays in melee, crits Yarrack for -8HP
5- Doruk : 5ft step back, trips Yarrack

19 --
19 Martigan : Withdraws
13 Mukluk : Missiles Yarrack for -2HP
9 O14-2 (-5HP) : Misses Mukluk
9+ Petrel AoO : Hits for -1HP
9+ Doruk AoO: Trips
9 Y (-5HP): Attempts to stand, gets tripped again. Swings from prone. Misses Mukluk.
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : TBD
5- Doruk : TBD

20 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

O14-2 vs Mu: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 4 = 13 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
Y vs Mu: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 4 = 8 for 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

As Martigan backs away and Yarrack stands, Petrel nicks the orc with his knife, while Doruk is able to loop his guisarme in and keep the warrior down.

Yarrack's eyes narrow as he sees Martigan back away, and he turns his attention to Mukluk as another arrow whizzes harmlessly from across the chasm.

"Pah. Will kill your dwarf then. From his height!"

Yarrack's axe swing is easily made ineffective by Mukluk's arcane shield, which only further frustrates the old orc.

Now Up: Everyone! The tide turns! (again)

Map is unchanged except for Tiabrar's 5ft step and Martigan's withdraw (likely behind Mukluk)


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 19, Init 6

Female voice: Just close your eyes and fire into the melee.

Tiabrar squints, but isn't quite ready to trust the voice that much.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 30
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 16 no confirm


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 19, Initiative 7, Location S19

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14 damage.

"...and stay down!"

If we can keep him on the ground, maybe he won't hit anyone. I hope! Yes, this is a good strategy. I must perfect my tripping arts.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 19

Petrel attacks the prone orc:

Two knives no sneak #11d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d4 ⇒ 4
Two knives no sneak #21d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d4 ⇒ 4

status:

HP = 8 / 30
AC = 16 (17 vs light blades), CMD = 16
Fort = 3, Ref = 7, Will = 0
Condition: None


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled casts about for a means of escape from her cell.


19 --
6 Tiabrar : Hits for -6HP
5 Petrel : Hits for -4HP
5- Doruk : Hits for -14HP

20 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD
9 O14-2 (-5HP) : TBD
9 Y (-29HP, death at -37): TBD

Tiabrar, Petrel and Doruk all coordinate their attacks on the grizzled orc - one, two three! - and the grizzled warrior shudders with each blow as he continues to scramble on the ground wheezing. He spits out his blood and looks up with utter hatred at Mukluk.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 20(!), Init 13

Mukluk returns the sneer in kind, laughing with battlelust.

"You want a piece of me? You got it!"

Mukluk drops his wand, draws his pick.

"You got it!"

1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 4 = 4 to attack;
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage.

Mukluk closes his eyes and swings, laughing.


I've had Doruk in S,20 instead of S,19 to use his reach weapon.

And Yarrack was regrettably not in range to miss Mukluk while prone last round... since it was a miss, it's likely he swung at Petrel since he was prone.

Last Map


20 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : Misses
9 O14-2 (-5HP) : Misses Mukluk
9 Y (-30HP, death at -37): Misses Mukluk
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : TBD
5- Doruk : TBD

21 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

O14-2 vs Mu: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 4 = 3 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
Y vs Mu: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 4 = 8 for 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

The old orc cackles as Mukluk's wildly misses him while he's laying there coughing.

"Har! Guess that's why they made you read the girly books instead of mining!"

Wheezing, Yarrack still manages a deadly looking swing, but it comes up considerably short from the dwarf, barely brushing his beard.

Yet another ineffective arrow flits across the chasm.

Now Up: Everyone. Martigan has two rounds to post.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 20

Mukluk has girly books this whole time? He's been holding out on me!

Single knife no-sneak #1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d4 ⇒ 2
Single knife no-sneak #2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d4 ⇒ 4

Single knife no-sneak #2 confirm? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 20, Initiative 7, Location S20

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Don't swing too hard, he's already down. Just keep him there. A little hit... swing batter!

Guisarme combat expertise, attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 doing 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10 damage.

"Take that - now stay down you bastard!"

If it hits (remember he's prone so -4 to his AC) and takes him out, Doruk will move to T16 and look down the hallway. If he misses he stays where he is for round 21.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 21, Init 13

Mukluk swings again, trying to hit the orc betwixt the eyes.

Cuz he needs to die.

1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) - 1 + 4 = 13 to attack (prone included);
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 damage.


Petrel actually finishes him off, the 12 actually confirms while the orc's prone (which I now see indicated that Tiabar confirmed the prior round, but didn't roll/apply damage)

The aged orc grunts, spits blood and pulls himself along the floor just close enough to Mukluk so that he can smell the orc's foul breath. Somehow, it smells like old iron and rust.

Just as Yarrack seemed about to swing his axe again, Petrel impales his hungry blade into the old orc's back. Whatever light was on now goes dark as the orc slumps to the ground.

The orc across the chasm seems to recognize this as a final sign that the chasm has been taken and begins to flee deeper into the caves.

Technically Tiabrar could've grabbed the kill since he's higher in Initiative, but I think it's time we call this combat!

Tiabrar and Mukluk are free to attack the archer before he gets out of their sight range. I'd say Doruk could too, but he can't see the far side of the chasm :)


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Out of combat, Mukluk will go through the orc bodies, crushing each between the eyes with his pick.

"In case they come back," Mukluk will explain to Tiabrar while brain matter splatters about the room.

"Do me the favor of searching them bodies for gold before we toss them over the side?" Mukluk asks the group. "In case they come back, of course."

Once the orcs are tossed into the chasm, Mukluk will retrieve his wand and stow his pick, quite happy from the results of the battle.


The Spoils of Battle:

Orcs were equipped with the following:

Scale mail or Studded Leather
Battle axes
Longbows
Arrows (20 each)

Yarrack was equipped with:
Scale mail
Throwing axes (x3)
Greataxe
A key ring

No magic!

A quick search of just the bodies accumulated here at the chasm yields 50gp. Exactly. Funny, isn't it?


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

The gravelly voice yells, "Hey, pigskins! Are you dead yet? Who's gonna bring my pruno?"


Courana moves to Geradil in the tight confines of the cell and rests her head wearily on her cousin's shoulder.

"Do you think we'll be saved? It's not just some orcish rivalry and they're now killing each other, is it?"

Geradil shakes his head. "We can pray..."

They both keep a cautious eye on Mobled, clearly still not yet comfortable with their fellow prisoner.


butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled sways a bit on the bars of the cell door. Haela, give me strength. Give me a drink. Same thing.

"Don't worry, pretty darlin'. Mobled'll get us outta here. Just let me get my hands on those sons of swine whores. We'll be runnin' free in no time."

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Why is she grimacing? Must be the orc smell. I guess I could use a bath. Stupid skinny human girl.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

With the battle over Martigan whips out his wand and heals himself.

Wand of CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 = 4/27
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 = 6/27
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 = 10/27
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 = 19/27
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 = 24/27

"Anybody else still injured? Petrel let me see those before they get infected."

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 = 13/30
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 = 17/30
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 = 22/30
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 = 25/30

Martigan sighs as he shakes the wand.

"Clearly this was not crafted by a servant of Pelor."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4
DM Panic wrote:
Petrel actually finishes him off, the 12 actually confirms while the orc's prone (which I now see indicated that Tiabar confirmed the prior round, but didn't roll/apply damage)

Doh!


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
Martigan the Sun-Touched wrote:
"Anybody else still injured? Petrel let me see those before they get infected."

"No thanks Martigan. Somehow, in that entire battle, I didn't suffer so much as a scratch. Though I did nearly go over the side. Let us search this chamber ahead for a better way across the chasm. I don't like the look of that rope bridge with only one or two thin ropes still attached..."

Doruk cleans his guisarme quickly on an orc body and proceeds down the hall when the others are ready.


The map shows the hallway to the north that heads up and behind the arrow slits.

Several more badly burnt orc bodies can be found up and behind the arrow slits, with a considerably tactical view of the entrance through which you all came.

From somewhere across the rope bridge and the darkness, a hoarse voice gambles by yelling out, "Heeelp! If you're not orcs, help us!".


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)
DM Panic wrote:
The map shows the hallway to the north that heads up and behind the arrow slits.

So no other exits there? OK.

Doruk will consider crossing the rope bridge. What will it take - assuming using both hands and crossing with care. Doruk does NOT want to rejoin his shield at this time. :)


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Now that was a good fight!" Mukluk says with a big smile, blood from his earlier wounds still caking his face and teeth.

"We ain't done yet, though." Mukluk makes sure he has all his gear, his pick is stowed and his wand is ready.

Mukluk looks at Tiabar seriously.

He's one of 'us' now.

"You fought well, elf. And you, Petrel, your knives are like blurs of death. Good work, all youse!" Mukluk exclaims.

"Of course, we have much to do, let's get a move on."

Mukluk leads the party (behind Doruk) to where they heard the voices...across the rope bridge (one at a time).


@Doruk: How do I say this? Let's see - you don't see any other exits when you casually walk down the hall.


Crossing the rope bridge will require an Acrobatics check, even slow going. If you think you failed the Acrobatics check give me a Reflex save to hold on for your life.

The exact DCs to keep things going quickly --

With 1 rope remaining, it's a DC13 Acrobatics check to cross using the single rope.

When there are 2 ropes, it's a DC8 Acrobatics check.

If you fail by 5 or more, then it's time for the Reflex save to stay alive. If you fail by less than 5, it's just no progress.

The original adventure, if you failed by more than 5, it was a DC18 Acrobatics check to catch the rope and not die. I've instead used DM fiat to make it an easier (yet still challenging) DC15 Reflex to stay alive :)

Good luck!

If You Fall:

You plummet to the sharp rocks 200 feet below.

Here's damage.

20d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 3, 3, 5, 3, 3, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1) = 59


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

I would have to be able to take 20 to succeed. Even without my shield I'm at ~-3, so take 10 gets me a long drop.

"I'll wait for a second rope or a door on this side."

Martigan begins searching for any other door.

Take 20 to Perception to find secret doors, 23.

"They wouldn't have cut the bridge if they didn't have another way across."


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"I am not going over that rope bridge. Even without armor and being careful it's likely to kill me. There was a pause between the two waves of orcs that came from this direction - there must be a secret passage."

"Petrel, do you think you could find such a passage?"

I'm not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of falling!


Because nothing will escape Petrel...

Certain there must be a hidden method of entrance deeper into Khundrukar, the group enlists the Greyhawk knifemaster's skills in searching for secrets.

It doesn't take long before Petrel finds their goal, a well-crafted dwarven stone door that nearly perfectly with the wall behind the arrow slits.

As the door rumbles away after pressing in on the right false stone, a larger room beyond is revealed.

Updated Map

Full description of the new room beyond coming up...


For the five of you...

This large chamber is filled with rough-hewn bunks, tables and chairs, and the floor is strewn with filthy pelts. At a glance, it appears that perhaps a dozen or so humanoids might have lived in this room.

Meanwhile, in Mobled's cell:

Almost panicked, Courana sits up suddenly and races to the bars, leaning in real close to attempt to look in either direction.

"I don't hear anything anymore!" she finally cries, desperation in her voice, before turning back to her cousin.

"I can't see in the darkness, is that good or bad that we can't hear anything anymore?"

Geradil approaches his cousin and strains to hear as well, aiming his ear into the darkness of the cavern.

"You said you could see in the dark, Mobled. Can you see anything?"

The slightest hint of resignation can be detected in Geradil's voice.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Doruk crosses over to the far door and tries to open it.

"Everybody ready?"


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Mukluk grins and nods his assent, words of arcane power in his mind.


Updated Map

Doruk finds the large dwarven door unlocked, and it opens easily. Through years of neglect it's hinges emit an ominous creak and Doruk proceeds into the hallway beyond, accompanied by the others.

Revealing a little more map than you're aware of, just so you have some bearings. You don't actually see into the caverns that connect to areas 5 and 6 yet.

The hallway beyond turns to the left. From here, Doruk and Martigan both can see a small stairs leading to double doors close by, and deeper into the stronghold, another door at the end of the long hallway.

Immediately next to where you stand is a statue of a fierce-looking dwarf in heavy mail armor.

The stone warrior holds a sword in one hand, and a smith's hammer in the other. The statue stands on a large stone pedestal; the whole structure is about 7 feet tall.

Knowledge History DC20:

This statue is likely of the dwarven smith Durgeddin, who was the founder of the stronghold you are within, and the legendary smith who crafted many, many well known dwarven weapons.

At this point, I'm assuming you are all moving quickly, and not really inspecting anything closely. If you wish to ever inspect something closely, you'll need to let me know!


Male Dwarf Wanderer

"Now, hold on...hold on...lemme look." Mukluk pauses at the statue.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Know (history)

"Ah yes," Mukluk recalls and shares. "This statue is likely of the dwarven smith Durgeddin, who was the founder of the stronghold you are within, and the legendary smith who crafted many, many well known dwarven weapons."

Mukluk pats the statue fondly, as if hoping that the statue might be mollified by the touch of true dwarf after all these years of orcery.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Perception on the Statue


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Though keen to proceed and free the hostages, Doruk doesn't want to leave a door at his back.

When the party has caught up, he'll open the door to his right up the short flight of stairs. I hope someone is casting light on his guisarme so he can see in all this darkness....

"So we're in the right place 'eh Mukluk?" Doruk grins helpfully.

Damn orcs defile everything... What a stench!


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Tiabrar follows along, bow in hand.


I need to ask, who is near Mukluk at the statue when his dwarvish hand pats it?

I'll assume the positioning is as the latest map, and that Mukluk simply went 10ft closer to it to give it some love.

Latest map again


1 person marked this as a favorite.
butch female Dwarf Per +8 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +7 | AC 18 (f17/t14) | CMD 20)

Mobled tries to reassure the lass.

"I think that sounded more like a squealing death cry. Don't worry though, lass. Orcs like eating dwarves much more than humans. It'll be a few days more for you at least. I mean, look at all the meat on these hammers." She pounds on her still strong biceps.

Perception to make sense of the battle sounds 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

I hope it was squeals... Or at least that they're well 'n' bloodied when they come back...

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Mobled uses her strong biceps to smack Courana on the rump, eliciting an unfavorable response.

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,001 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.