Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue

Game Master wakedown

Prologue in the Free City of Greyhawk to a campaign that may lead into the Scourge of the Slavelords arc.


1,501 to 1,550 of 3,001 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

6 --
13 Mukluk : Moves to I,16
9 OA1 (-12HP) : Hobbles away from the arrow slit
9 OA3 (-3HP) : Fires at Mukluk (if possible), misses
9 OA8 : Appears at a newly recognized southern arrow slit
7 Doruk : Moves to doors
6 Tiabrar : Arrow misses
5 Petrel : Delays

7 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : Missiles OA8 for -4HP
9 OA1 (-12HP) : <unknown>
9 OA3 (-3HP) : Fires at Doruk, misses
9 OA8 (-4HP) : Fires at Doruk, misses
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : TBD

8 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

As the group shifts to (better?) positioning, Mukluk discharges his wand into the newest archer while Doruk begins a slow steady charge at the doors.

Two more arrows flit into the cave after the Shieldlander but bounce off his shield and mailed shoulder as he makes his way ever forward.

Rolls:

OA3 v D: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
OA8 v D: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for 1d8 ⇒ 6

Now Up: Everyone (and Martigan with 2 rounds worth of actions).

Latest Map


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 8, Init 13

Mukluk is in M16 per his last move action. And prone.

Mukluk will fire again at the orc in N23 (south).

"GlimSkie!" Mukluk chuckles as the wand fires again.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Magic Missile

"Suck it, pigbugger!"

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 13/20
AC: 21 (dex, mage armor, shield, prone)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 45/50


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 7 Init 19

Status:

HP = 27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), (D) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Martigan concentrates on defending himself until the door is open.

Maybe we should flee, this frontal assault is not going to work.

Full Defense.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 7, Init 6

Status:

30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21/21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 6/7

Tiabrar is actually in N-16 per his last post.

Tiabrar turns to see the orc behind him at the other arrow slit. He turns quickly and shoots--thankful that Mukluk is short enough that the arrow flies over his head and not through it. He then takes a 5' step to O-16.

Female voice: Don't worry if you hit the dwarf. He deserves it and accidents happen in the heat of battle.

Darkwood Longbow +7
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 11 Mutagen, Point blank, - cover?
1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 7, Initiative 7, Location R18

Status:
AC: 23 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = None

As Doruk finally reaches the door he yells and hits it with his shielded shoulder with all his might trying to break it down.

"Yaaaarghl"

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13.

He bounces off the door without making even a dent in anything but perhaps his shield. As he prepares to hit it again, he motions Petrel over for a more subtle approach.

This is not good. Not good at all. We may need to siege the orcs. They're not smart, maybe they have little in the way of supplies? We did take out their hunting party.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel will come back in.

Petrel will draw his thieves tools and move towards the door. I think he can only get to Q19 in one move.

"Okay Doruk, now you have shown me how an elf would try to smash down a door, put your real strength into it and give another try!"


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

For his next round's action (Round 8?), Petrel will draw, light and drop a smoke stick, so he may work on disabling the lock from within the cover of the smoke.

Brilliant! Mukluk is going to be so impressed!


7 --
19 Martigan : Full defense
13 Mukluk : Missiles OA8 for -4HP
9 OA1 (-12HP) : <unknown>
9 OA3 (-3HP) : Fires at Doruk, misses
9 OA8 (-4HP) : Fires at Doruk, misses
7 Doruk : Fails to break the door
6 Tiabrar : Misses
5 Petrel : Moves to the doors, drops a smoke stick

8 --
19 Martigan : More full defense?
13 Mukluk : Missiles OA2 for -2HP
9 OA3 (-3HP) : Hits M.M. for -2HP
9 OA8 (-6HP) : Misses
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : TBD

9 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

OA3 v Mu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 for 1d8 ⇒ 2
OA3 v D: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 for 1d8 ⇒ 5

As the party works to defend itself, one disappears into the billowing smoke surrounding Doruk while the arrow succeeds in thudding into Mukluk's calf.

Now Up: Everyone to finish round 8 and kick off round 9. No map update this time... (it's what slowed me down)


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Petrel gets to work on that door:

Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

This orcish lock should be easy! Like stealing from an orphanage on Giving Day.

If Disable Device is being used for the "open locks" part of the skill, that will be a full round action & on failure Petrel can try again the next round.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Martigan continues to defend himself.

Will continue full defense in round 8 and 9 as the party hasn't taken too much damage yet and he's helpless until the door is open or we retreat.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 8, Init 6

Tiabrar continues to try to thread the neeedle of the arrow slit.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 15 minus cover
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

This was so easy the first time.
Female voice: It's called beginner's luck.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 8, Init 13

Heh, lucky shot.

"LUCKY SHOT YOU 1/2 PIG!"

Mukluk will activate his wand again, at the same one he shot last time.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 11/20
AC: 21 (dex, mage armor, shield, prone)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 44/50


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 8, Initiative 7, Location R18

Status:
AC: 23 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = None

Doruk takes a deep breath, and coughs with the smoke. With little air he makes another feeble attempt at breaking down the door.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Damn Dwarven stone. Petrel I think this is going to be up to you. I'm not sure I can get it open."


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 9
Petrel will continue to tinker with the lock:
Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


8 --
7 Doruk : Fails to force the door
6 Tiabrar : Misses
5 Petrel : Fails to pick the lock

9 --
19 Martigan : Continues full defense
13 Mukluk : Missiles OA8 for -3HP
9 OA3 (-3HP) : Misses
9 OA8 (-9HP) : Misses
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : Success at disabling the bar securing the door

10 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

OA3 v Mu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 for 1d8 ⇒ 8
OA3 v D: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 for 1d8 ⇒ 8

Doruk throws his weight against the massive doors and begins to understand the futility of his efforts, while the others continue to evade the orcish archers.

The orc beyond the southern arrow slit can be heard wheezing from Mukluk's arcane injuries, and the next pair of arrows from the two archers seem to do little to threaten the armored group.

Mukluk and Tiabrar notice additional shadows moving beyond the northern arrow slit accompanied the sounds of guttural chatter.

Map update coming next post.


Round 9

With a loud thud, Petrel confirms he has successfully dislodged the heavy bar preventing Doruk from bursting through the doors.

The doors are still closed, but I assume someone will open them shortly. The map reflects what you see once someone uses a move action to pull the door open.

The heavy doors reveal a large hall beyond, where you recognize you are all on one side of a narrow ledge overlooking a deep, dark crevasse that bisects the room intwo.

An ominous rope bridge, frayed and thin, spans the gap.

Water gurgles and rushes somewhere far below, while two copper braziers burn brightly on either side of the door, illuminating this half of the room.

Darkvision or Low Light vision characters who enter the new room:

You can barely make out the far side of the platform, which is shrouded in darkness, but are certain there are at least a pair of porcine humanoids standing watch and snarling a challenge.

Updated Map


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 10, Init 13

Mukluk squeals like a little orc piggy (mockingly) as he hears the sounds of Petrel's success.

Petrel! That man is pure win. Ain't nothing he can't do.

Mukluk will stand and move into the smoke (trying for P19):

Acrobatics to move full speed in 'dark': 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Avoids slowdown in mist.

"Let's go, Martigan! You too, elf!"


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 9, Initiative 4, Location R18->T18

Status:
AC: 23 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = None

Doruk waits until Petrel has a chance to open the doors. New Initiative = 4

"Success! You are the man of the hour Petrel! I'd have been at this door an hour before getting it open."

Doruk opens the door and moves just into the room and peers into the darkness waiting for the folks with the light to come forth.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 9, Init 6

Seeing that there are orcs piling up in the room he decides to toss in another bomb after taking a 5' step to the south. He will aim at the center orc.

1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23 minus cover
2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + 1 = 12 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 10

"Careful crossing that rope bridge in armor, Doruk! Maybes let that squirrely elf go first."

Petrel will put away his thieves tools and move through the doors. He intends to turn south and go to the corner that is probably at R22 or S22, staying so he has cover should the orc at the southern arrow slits approach.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 10 Init 19

Status:

HP = 27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), (D) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

"Let's get out from these arrows."

Martigan moves into the next room and to the left.


9 --
6 Tiabrar : Lobs bomb through north arrow slit
5 Petrel : Success at disabling the bar securing the door
4 Doruk : Opens door and waits

10 --
19 Martigan : Moves into next room (8 squares means can't move to the left yet)
13 Mukluk : Stands up, moves to (P,19)
9 OA3 (-18HP, on fire) : Dies in flames
9 OA8 (-9HP) : Moves away, disappears from known location
9 OYO1 (-6HP) : Moves away, disappears from known location
9 OYO2 (-3HP) : Moves away, disappears from known location
9 OYO3 (-6HP) : Moves away, disappears from known location
9 OA3-1 : Fires arrow at Martigan, hits for -7HP
9 OA3-2 : Fires arrow at Martigan, hits for -1HP
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : Puts away tools and moves in to (S,21) [S,22 is solid wall]

11 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

OA3 Reflex vs DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
OYO-1 Reflex vs DC15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
OYO-2 Reflex vs DC15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
OYO-3 Reflex vs DC15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

OA3 takes 12 and catches fire.
OYO-1 and OYO-3 take 6 splash damage.
OYO-2 takes 3 splash damage.

Round 10 burning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

OA3-1 vs Ma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 for 1d8 ⇒ 7
OA3-2 vs Ma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 for 1d8 ⇒ 1

Swinging the door open, the party begins to advance deeper into the dwarven stronghold.

Tiabrar's bomb flies in, perfectly aimed at the hole and with another shudder and more debris, another burning orc meets Gruumsh in the afterlife.

Two more orcs, yet unseen by most, fire and successfully wound Martigan with a pair of arrows, their grunted cheers beginning to reveal their location across the chasm.

Map coming...


Updated Map

Now Up: Everyone except Petrel :)

On a side note, I'll be away from my computer until very late tonight.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 10, Initiative 7, Location R18

Status:
AC: 23 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = None

Doruk thinks a moment and turns to Petrel and says, "They must cross it, so it must be safe - right?"

Assuming the bridge is a double move, Doruk gets to V18 and does his best to keep his shield between him and the two orc (likely archers) on the other side.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 11, Init 13

Moving 1/2 speed through the mist, Mukluk will double move to T19 and hit the deck again.

"Nice smoke Petrel, now lets close get in here and close that door so we can see."


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 10, Init 6

Status:

Mutagen 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 5/7

Tiabrar moves through the smoke until he can see the orcs (R-19?) and fires an arrow across the chasm.

Darkwood Longbow +7
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 minus cover
1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue
DM Panic wrote:

5 Petrel : Puts away tools and moves in to (S,21) [S,22 is solid wall]

Swinging the door open, the party begins to advance deeper into the dwarven stronghold.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

As part of round 10 Petrel would make a perception check on the wall.
He assumed there would be a connection to the arrow slit hallway, and wouldn't know about the stairs access we players can now partially see

Seeing Doruk charge across the rickety, frayed, orc-made rope bridge, Petrel braces himself for the worst.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

"I'm sure it will hold"

Keep it together baby, keep it together...


10 --
7 Doruk : Move to V,18
6 Tiabrar : Shoots at orc
5 Petrel : Puts away tools and moves in to (S,21) [S,22 is solid wall], searches...

11 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : Moves to (T,19) and goes prone

Round 10, Continued

Doruk begins carefully moving onto the rope bridge as it sways with each step he takes. He finds it dangerous and slow going, finding it necessary to free up at least one hand to hold the rope railing as he attempts to cross. Glancing downward just for a second, he has no idea how deep the chasm goes, but surely believes falling would mean his death.

Tiabrar, stepping forward and squinting, makes out a pair of orcs on the far side of the chasm holding longbows. With reflexive precision, he fires an arrow at one of the brutes as it peeks out, catching it directly in the shoulder.

Petrel, searching for some point of entrance to the arrow slit they discovered earlier, finds his objective, discovering the smooth hewn walls in fact have a well-hidden lip. He makes his discovery just in time to see the portal open, and a wounded orc standing there holding a battleaxe.

Round 11

I'll say that Martigan took a 5ft step to complete reaching where he wanted to in Round 10, and prepared a full round action for trouble... which is coming shortly.

Mukluk moves forward and hits the ground again, hoping to avoid any further arrow-fire.

Then, the atol dung hits the gnomish construct's whirly digging-blades...

Continued next post...


11 --
9 OA8 (-9HP) : Opens secret door, takes 5ft step forward
9 OYO1 (-6HP) : Opens secret door, takes 5ft step forward, attacks Martigan
9 OYO2 (-3HP) : Moves into room, attacks prone Mukluk, provokes AoO from Martigan, hits Mukluk for -10HP
9 OYO3 (-6HP) : Moves into room, provokes AoO from Martigan, attacks Martigan
9 OA3-1 (-7HP) : Fires arrow at Doruk
9 OA3-2 : Drops bow, moves to bridge while pulling out a handaxe, chops at ropes, hits rope for -8HP. Breaks 1 of 2 ropes.

Secret doors slide open on your side of the chasm, revealing four grinning orcs which file into the room. However, the southern orc appears in bad shape, his chest and face scorched by arcane energy and he wheezes at Petrel as he weakly brandishes his axe.

Rolls:

OYO1 vs Ma: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
OYO2 vs Mu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
OYO3 vs Ma: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
OA3-1 vs D: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 for 1d8 ⇒ 6
OA3-2 vs Rope: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Three of the orcs quickly surround Martigan and Mukluk. One guffaws and chortles as it sinks it's battleaxe into Mukluk's upper back. -10HP to Mukluk.

"Dumb dwarf. Lying down."

One of the orcs at the far side of the cavern breaks his cover and brings his battleaxe down on the rope bridge. With a loud SNAP one of the two ropes holding the bridge intact breaks, and Doruk finds himself struggling to hold on for dear life.

Doruk: I'm assuming you stowed your guisarme before crossing since you referencing using your shield. Thus, you have one hand free to hold the rope, and one hand holding your shield.

Doruk: Now, you have a choice... I need you to make an Acrobatics check. Failing the Acrobatics check, you'd need a Reflex save, so go ahead and roll both next post. The DC of your Acrobatics check will vary if you have one or two hands free, so let me know if Doruk drops his shield into the chasm as an immediate action to use both hands and decrease the DCs of these checks.

As the orc cutting the rope watches Doruk flail about to maintain his balance, he offers some wisdom in broken common.

"Foolish. human. Now, you fall. And die."

Updated Map

11 --
19 Martigan : TBD
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : TBD

12 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Now Up: Everyone!

Martigan gets a couple actions, his "readied" action in Round 11, an AoO in Round 11, and his regular action in Round 12.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Status:
AC: 23 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme & shield
Conditions = None

Doruk drops his shield to get a better grip... and hangs on for dear life!

Acrobatics check 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12
Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

ooof!


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Haha Petrel knows more about dungeoneering than I do! I thought there would be a level above connecting the arrow hallways to a room with murder holes above the doors.

Round 11

Petrel will take this opportunity to stab the adjacent orc with his hungry knife:

Single knife no-sneak 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d4 ⇒ 4

"Look out! Orcs!"


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Waiting for Martigan's actions and Tiabrar before I post anything. What they do will impact my choices.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Also waiting for Martigan. As an aside, I won't be posting in the other thread until the morning. I messed up the room you first went into and I have to update the map so everyone is on the same page.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Round 11 Init 19

Status:

HP = 27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), (D) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

Readied attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

AoO
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 12 Init 19

Status:

HP = 27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), (D) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

"I think we've gone from bad to worse here."

Attack orc next to Mukluk.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sorry for the delay guys, it was a rough weekend.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Okay. I've learned my lesson. Taking the Precisce Bombs discovery at next level.

Round 11, Init 6

Martigan isn't hurt. He wouldn't mind being singed a little.
Female voice: Things are pretty bad. I don't think he'd mind. You could use the bigger bomb and 'accidentally' get the dwarf too.

If Martigan (the player) consents I'll target the center orc next to him with a bomb without the explosive discovery attached.

1d20 ⇒ 8
If bomb, add +7 (15 total) and vs. touch. Damage to center orc is 8 plus he's on fire. 6 damage to the other two orcs and Martigan.
2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + 1 = 8 Fire damage
-Target takes 1d6 fire damage each round until the target spends a round extinguishing the flames and a successful DC 15 REF save.
-Splash damage is 6 (minimum damage from bomb). DC 15 REF save for half.

If Martigan doesn't feel comfortable with the 6 damage, then I'll target the orc next to Mukluk. Add +10 (18 total) and vs. AC. Damage is 9.
Damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Rolls include bonuses from mutagen and point blank.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

It's fine, we need the orcs down and I can take a few hits.


11 --
19 Martigan : Misses
19 Martigan AoO : Hits OYO-2 for -2HP
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : Hits OYO-3 (center orc) for -8HP, OYO-1 for -6HP and OYO-2 for -3HP
5 Petrel : Misses

12 --
19 Martigan : Misses
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

OYO3 Reflex vs Flames: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

OYO1 Reflex vs Flames: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
OYO2 Reflex vs Flames: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Orc Statuses
9 OA8 (-9HP) : Staggered
9 OYO1 (-12HP, death at -21) : Staggered
9 OYO2 (-6HP, death at -21) : NOT Staggered
9 OYO3 (-14HP, death at -21) : Staggered
9 OA3-1 (-7HP) : Staggered
9 OA3-2 :

Martigan knocks some sense into one of the orcs as it passes, but misses his other swings.

Petrel tries to stab another orc, but misses.

Tiabrar shakes the cavern again with the impact of another fiery bomb.

Several of the orcs to let out hideous screams as the familiar smell of their burning flesh graces yet another room. As the minor cavern-quake subsides, all eyes turn to Doruk on the bridge ..

.. and recognize the Shieldlander successfully gripping the lone ropes, his favorite shield slowly descending into the darkness below.

DC for the Acrobatics check was only DC8, you made it!

Now Up: Doruk and Mukluk still act before the orcs.

Doruk if you continue to cross using one rope, I'll need an Acrobatics check - it's DC13 to continue crossing using only one rope.


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 11, Initiative 7, Location ???

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Whew

"Whew"

Not completely sure where I am... assuming I'm back on dry land I'll do the following. If not, I get myself back to dry land.

Move action to draw my guisarme... then Doruk attacks an Orc with it 5' stepping as needed to get the reach right.

Guisarme combat expertise & power attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 doing 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12 damage.

"Take that you foul piglet! Thanks for coming to me so I don't have to cross that nasty bridge!"

shudder.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 12, Init 13

Mukluk sneers at the orc standing over him.

"I'll take you with me!" Mukluk shouts as he fires his wand directly into the face of the orc.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage

Spitting blood on the ground, Mukluk awaits the orcs response while grinning, his teeth red with blood.


Doruk will provoke to get back on safe ground. I'm guessing that's preferable to another round on the rope bridge. I think technically an Acrobatics check is needed to move 10ft back to safety, but we'll just assume it's made :)

Rolls:

OYO2 vs Doruk AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

OYO1 vs Ma: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
OYO3 vs Ma: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

OA8 vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

OA3-2 vs D: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 4 = -1 for 1d8 ⇒ 1

As Doruk returns to the safety of solid ground, the nearest orc's axe scrapes across his banded mail, reminding Doruk of how useful his shield was.

Mukluk's wand discharges into the same orc as Doruk bring's his guisarme back to bear on their common enemy. Between both combined attacks, the orc stumbles backwards for a step before gurgling and falling over the edge into the untold darkness of the chasm below.

11 --
7 Doruk : Moves, hits OYO2 with guisarme for -12HP
5 Petrel : Misses

12 --
19 Martigan : Misses
13 Mukluk : Missiles OYO2 for -3HP
9 OA8 (-10HP) : Staggered
9 OYO1 (-13HP, death at -21) : Staggered, hits Martigan for -11HP
9 OYO2 : DEAD
9 OYO3 (-15HP, death at -21) : Staggered, hits Martigan for -5HP
9 OA3-1 (-8HP) : Staggered, moves back to his bow
9 OA3-2 : Shoots at Doruk

The two orcs nearest Martigan take steps to flank the Peloran and time the swing of their battleaxes at the cleric. As one axe buries into Martigan's right side, the other buries into his shoulder. -16HP to Martigan.

The orc archer on the far side of the chasm misses Doruk by a wide margin while his companion retrieves his discarded bow and attempts to take cover.

Petrel's adversary also stabs weakly at the thief while coughing up some blood.

Map update coming...


Updated Map

12 --
7 Doruk : TBD
6 Tiabrar : TBD
5 Petrel : TBD

13 --
19 Martigan : TBD
13 Mukluk : TBD

Martigan also needs to make a Reflex save for Tiabrar's bomb splash damage (6 or 3HP).

I have Martigan at -8HP (arrows in Round 9), -16HP (axes in Round 12), -3 or -6HP (bomb in Round 11), for a total of -27HP or -30HP depending on that save.

Now Up: Everyone!


FYI, I also show Mukluk at just 2HP remaining...

Mukluk's Status:

=Mukluk=
Round 3: -7HP from OA1, hit AC19 (Mu AC17)
Round 4: -3HP from OA1, hit AC18 (Mu prone AC21) => ret-conned to miss
Round 8: -2HP from OA3, hit AC21 (Mu prone AC21)
Round 11: -10HP from OYO2, hit AC22 (Mu AC13 vs melee)

Total Damage: -19HP (from 21HP)
Remaining: 2HP

Let me know if I missed a heal or something...


Male Human Rogue 4: Knife Master, Sanctified Rogue

Round 12

Petrel will try and dodge past the orc next to him and plant a dagger in its neck!

Acrobatics to move through orc's square and get to flank at T22 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
vs. Orc CMD +5, failure provokes

Looks like failure.. figured I only had a 50/50 chance :)

Petrel will slice again with his hungry knife: Single knife no-sneak 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Oerdian) (Per +2 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +1 | AC 26 (f24/t12) | CMD 21)

Round 12, Initiative 7, Location T20->S20

Status:
AC: 20 (combat expertise) HP: 28/28
Weapon Equipped = guisarme
Conditions = None

Doruk attacks the orc at S18 with his guisarme after a quick 5' step to get into flank.

They're all badly wounded - just the nice and easy hit should do it. Focus!

Guisarme combat expertise, attack 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17 doing 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12 damage.

"Quit hitting my friends!"


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

Round 12, Init 6

Status:

Mutagen 30 minutes (10 min/level)
Init +5
Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +7
HP 21/21
AC 21 (17 + 4 more DEX +2 Natural Armor)
CMB +2, CMD 17
FORT +4, REF +8, WILL +0
Immune sleep; Resist Elven Immunities, Poison Resistance +2
Bombs left 4/7

The orcs burn so nicely. I wish Martigan didn't do the same.
And hopefully makes his save and is still standing.

Tiabrar takes a 5' step back to Q-19 and tries to finish off the orc in S-18.

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 21
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I think the burning orc is dead, but if not, here is the burning damage. 1d6 ⇒ 5

Edit: If Doruk has already finished off that one, then I'll go for the one on the other side of Martigan at S-16, but then it will be only 17 to hit with the cover.


Human Cleric of Pelor 4

Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Round 13 Init 19

Status:

HP = 0/27
AC = 17
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Heavy Mace
Speed = 20'
Channels Left = 6
Cleric Spells Known (CL 3, 3 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
2 (2/day) (D) Remove Disease (DC 15), Silence (DC 15), Bull's Strength (DC 15)
1 (3/day) Bless, Command (DC 14), (D) Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Sun Metal (DC 14)
0 (at will) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance (DC 13), Light
Status Effects = None

"Ow."

Martigan steps towards his friends and attempts to heal himself.

5' step down and right to T18. Convert Silence to CMW Defensively.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 DC 19 fails, spell lost, drops to -1.


male Gray Elf Alchemist 4

You might not have to cast defensively between Doruk's attack and mine.


12 --
7 Doruk : Kills OYO1
6 Tiabrar : Kills OYO3
5 Petrel : Fails tumble, provokes AoO, misses.
5- OA8 AoO: Hits Petrel for -11HP

13 --
19 Martigan : Heals self with cure moderate wounds
13 Mukluk : TBD

Rolls:

OA8 vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The situation looks grim for Martigan as the two heavily injured orcs swing their axes, but within a split second, a guisarme tears through the back of the nearest, while an arrow sinks into the neck of the other.

The Peloran is free from distress, and his restorative magic begins to seal his own wounds as he barely grips onto consciousness.

Meanwhile, Petrel imagines himself completing a spectacular somersault behind and beyond the orc attacking him... unfortunately for him, his imagine comes up quite short from reality and the orc is able to sink a battleaxe into Petrel's now exposed shin. -11HP to Petrel from the AoO.

The lone remaining orc on this side of the chasm grunts in celebration, but his rasp clearly shows he is near death himself.

Now Up: Just Mukluk. Martigan needs to roll for his cure moderate as well.


Male Dwarf Wanderer

Round 13, Init 13 Wow, totally cursed this round, eh?

I think there are only 3 orcs left, right? Petrel's and the two across the way, right?

Mukluk laughs as Doruk and Tiabrar take down two orcs threatening his dwarvey body.

"Ha, you dumb oafs! Don't you mess with me and my friends!" Mukluk then turns to keep an eye on the orc that Petrel is about to slice into chunks.

"Get 'em Petrel!" Petrel has that one dead to rights.

Mukluk will fire his wand at the orce across the chasm, the one that has already been hit.

"GlimSkie!"

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage

He spends a move action to crawl 5' towards Martigan.

Mukluk's Status:

HP: 1/20
AC: 21 (dex, mage armor, shield, prone)
Status:
Effects:
Acids Used/Left: 0/6
GlimSkie Wand: 42/50

1,501 to 1,550 of 3,001 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Panic's Scourge of the Slavelords Prologue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.