Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


301 to 350 of 1,873 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Ambush

The chimera remains perched atop the ridgeline, watching while you reorganize and dig out your trapped companions. It takes a solid half-hour, but you are able to rescue Malnival, Koya, Shalelu and Harlan from the snow pack -- battered, shivering and near-hypothermic, but otherwise safe. The chimera roars angrily at you, but makes no move to attack again.

Once everyone is safe, you see the task of freeing the horses and wagons will be much more time consuming.

Digging out will require a DC 27 Security check. Each check will take 2d6 hours. Both the DC and time are reduced cumulatively by 1 for each freed wagon (minimum of 1 hour each). This could take a couple days time... Harlan can make the rolls (or I'll do them, your call). Creative inputs can help reduce the time, so post your general actions.

... and the chimera is there, watching.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Oops! I left out that it's a Security check for each wagon. The DCs and time decrease with the more progress you gain...


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Ok, we have 7 wagons.

"Thanks for the rescue guys. I tink we can get everybody out, but we need to clear airways for the horses and get them food. They'll be warm enough under the snow but digging them out needs to be our first priority."

Harlan begins directing the others in the best place to move snow.

"Let's get those horses out first and set up a temporary enclosure for them. Can anybody grant resistance to the cold? Preferable on a large group of animals? Koya? We'll need to set up watches to make sure that chimera doesn't come back. When it's gone we'll cut up the body of it's mate, we can keep whatever might sell and scatter the rest down wind, that'll keep predators off our trail."

Limping back and forth, Harlan eyes the surroundings, doing his best to ignore the beast that caused this problem in the first place.

"Ulf, Kelda! I can move stone and shape it to my will, if you find a place where it's safe to do so I'll design a trough to channel this snow out of the way, it should make digging easier. I don't want to cause another avalanche though. Maeve, do you know any songs that'll increase our ability to labor or decrease our fatigue? We need to get moving again before that beastie thinks up another way to eat us."

First Attempts = 57 Hours:

Wagon 1 DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 172d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Wagon 2 DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 162d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Wagon 3 DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 302d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Wagon 4 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 212d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 1) - 1 = 6
Wagon 5 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 142d6 - 1 ⇒ (3, 6) - 1 = 8
Wagon 6 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 252d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 2) - 1 = 7
Wagon 7 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 122d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 2) - 1 = 7

"Koya, can you see the best way to free these?"

Gonna have Koya use her reroll on the first wagon.

Wagon 1 Attempt 2 DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Second Attempts = 32 Hours:

Wagon 1 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 242d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) - 1 = 5
Wagon 2 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 202d6 - 1 ⇒ (3, 4) - 1 = 6
Wagon 4 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 142d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 1) - 1 = 2
Wagon 5 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 192d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 3) - 1 = 7
Wagon 6 DC 26: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 282d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 6) - 1 = 11
Wagon 7 DC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 182d6 - 2 ⇒ (1, 1) - 2 = 0

Third Attempts = 22 Hours:

Wagon 1 DC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 172d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 6) - 2 = 6
Wagon 2 DC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 152d6 - 2 ⇒ (5, 4) - 2 = 7
Wagon 4 DC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 122d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 6) - 2 = 7
Wagon 5 DC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 302d6 - 2 ⇒ (6, 1) - 2 = 5
Wagon 7 DC 24: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 252d6 - 3 ⇒ (1, 4) - 3 = 2

Fourth Attempts = 7 Hours:

Wagon 1 DC 23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 222d6 - 4 ⇒ (5, 4) - 4 = 5
Wagon 2 DC 23: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 272d6 - 4 ⇒ (3, 1) - 4 = 0
Wagon 4 DC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 242d6 - 5 ⇒ (3, 2) - 5 = 0

Fifth Attempts = 1 Hour:

Wagon 1 DC 21: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 282d6 - 6 ⇒ (1, 5) - 6 = 0

So, 5 days by default. As you can see a couple of the early rolls were really close, so if people can come up with some more creative stuff to bonus this up it'll cut down our hours a lot. Even a mere +2 is going to cut it a lot. +4 would be almost in half. I've tried to throw some of my ideas out there and it'll be easy enough to rework the times and DCs based on what Nomad comes up with.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

[ooc]Maeve can run Inspire Competence, like Harlan suggested. I suspect Ameiko could as well.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

It doesn't translate straight from the ability (between the two of you, Insp Comp would last about a minute and a half), but I'd agree that you can both work to enhance everyone's overall morale and performance for the duration... granting a +1 to the Security checks.

Inputs from anyone else?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Ok, with the +1 it breaks down as follows:
Wagon 1: 16 hours
Wagon 2: 23 hours
Wagon 3: 8 hours
Wagon 4: 16 hours
Wagon 5: 19 hours
Wagon 6: 7 hours
Wagon 7: 9 hours
Total: 98 hours = 4 days

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

I thought I could contribute, but the +4 ki mystic bonuses only applies to me and the mystic insight re-roll is only combat and saves :(


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Test


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Didn't show as new, posting again to bump as well.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The Path of Aganhei, Week 7:

Dates: 16-21 Neth 4711
Route: Crown of the World (Gaarjuk Hills -> Iqualiat)
Distance: 264 miles (Total: ~1691 miles)
Weather: Clear
Special Events: Crossing the Taraska

After spending several days, which felt like weeks, clearing snow, rocks and ice, you finally break out of the avalanche area and get moving once more. The wounded chimera watches from atop its perch for a day, before flying off to hunt upon easier prey. Besides having to manage your food supplies closely, the rest of the way through the Gaarjuk Hills passes relatively uneventfully. Your path generally follows the Kluani River, making navigation simple.

Three days after leaving the ambush site, you descend out of the hills, looking at a wide, open expanse of featureless tundra ahead. In the far distance to the north, you can begin to make out the edge of the High Ice, now just a white haze on the horizon. More immediately, a wide twisting river blocks your progress north. Where the Kluani flows into the larger waterway, the confluence creates a wide, slow-moving shallow expanse, fordable but edged by patches of marshland.

Ulf points at the river. "That's the Taraska. Where it joins the Kluani, we'll be able to ford, but it will be a tricky thing."

The river crossing will require four DC 22 Security checks, each requiring 1d4 hours. The first is to locate the suitable point, the second to navigate the marshes south of the river, the 3rd to ford the river itself, and the 4th to cross the northern marshes and reach dry land to rejoin the Path of Aganhei.

As always, any additional skills/powers/ideas/etc will get weighed into the overall progres.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng looks up wiping the mud, ice and rock dust from his hands to his black trousers as he watches the bulky chimera fly off. "Those beasts were quite troublesome. I half wanted to kill the survivor so that it would not present a hazard to other travelers. I suppose we have lost enough time, however."

Later, as the caravan reaches the overlook, Heng uses his keen insight and survival akills to help with the crossing.

1. perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
2. survival 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 = 19
3. swim? 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 4 = 30
4. survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

ki mystic bonus to last 3 checks


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Well done all! I agree Heng but maybe we can track it down if we ever come back this way?"

Harlan wipes sweat from his brow as the last wagon is freed. As they set out the next day he beams from his position on the chuck wagon.

"Who's a good girl Prugh? Yes you are!"

Following Ulf's direction Harlan purses his lips as he considers the crossing.

"Well, let's hope this goes better."

Locate Crossing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d4 ⇒ 4
Locate Crossing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d4 ⇒ 4

After a day of searching the caravan finally locates a suitable path to cross. Doubt we can scrounge up a +7 to the roll.

Navigate Marshes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d4 ⇒ 3
Navigate Marshes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d4 ⇒ 3

Another half day making their way through the marshes finds the group ready to attempt the river. Unless we get a +8 this time.

Ford River: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d4 ⇒ 3
Ford River: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d4 ⇒ 2

I'm sensing a pattern here.

Resting from the crossing, they set out the next day to rejoin the path.

Navigate Marshes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 271d4 ⇒ 1

And we stick the landing. Fair disclosure I never made it to Oregon.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve, meanwhile, spends the time trying to remember the various bits of advice and tall tales she heard about the path during the time in Kalsgrad.

1) Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
2) Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
3) Using Feather Step and Expeditious Retreat to give a boost to people to get through the swamp
4) Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24 (26); F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:72 (30)/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 1/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 4/6, 2nd: 1/5, 3rd: 2/5, 4th: 0/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 2/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, mir im (4), res cold, airwalk, see invis, bulls str, keen edge, stoneskin, (60), vit mist (1d6+11) ,endure elements, light fortification,

1) "What? Where?
2) Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
3) Encourage the horses to ford or design something to assist with the crossing
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Knowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
4) Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

And I just looked at my post again - I dropped a '1' in all four of those lines. My bonus to those skills is +11, so add 10 to all the results for a total of 29, 31, and 25 on them.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

With teamwork, you are able to ford the river in much less time than expected. Finding the right point and navigating the near marshes goes smoothly supported by Maeve and Heng's observations. From atop the wagons, Shalelu keeps watch with bow in hand, at one point warding off a school of aggressive giant fish with a few arrows. The water is cold, but shallow and slow-moving, and the only delays are caused by the rock/sand mix of the bed getting wagons momentarily stuck. At the northern shore, scouts locate a dry landing, and you're able to quickly regain dry land on the far side.

In all, the crossing takes thirteen hours of slow-paced work. With the gradual shortening of the days, most of that time is spent in twilight and dusky darkness. It is well after midnight when you camp up on the far side.

Gotta run to work - will post the Iqualiat arrival later today...


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Nice job guys! Made up for my crappy rolls.

"Well done everyone! Let's get watches and set up camp. I think I still have enough goat for black bean goat chili, I'll get that started now and make sure it's ready for tomorrow. I think we need a hot meal after the week we've had. Is that ok Ulf?"


Male Human Ranger (Guide) 7
Harlan Starshine wrote:
"Is that ok Ulf?"

Ulf nods, "Indeed, the last week has been hard going. Iqaliat is just a few days from here, and I have a good relationship with their elders. There we can repair and resupply, and get some information on what to expect on the Path ahead."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Iqaliat
Date: 22 Neth 4711

For three days after leaving behind the riverlands, you cross the open flats of tundra land as you move closer and closer to the High Ice. The terrain is featureless at first glance, but as you spend more time, your hungry eyes begin to pick out subtle details: small contours hiding spring wells and animal dens, patches of tall grass amid the mossy scrub, and so on. The High Ice grows as you travel, looming against the northern horizon and becoming a veritable wall of ice and snow. Given the distance and lack of familiar features, you find it difficult to judge the scale of the massive glacier.

Ulf guides you away from the main trail and towards the ice, and within a few hours you can make out a small Erutaki village nestled into the southern edge of the plateau. As you near the village, you can see that most of Iqualiat's buildings are crafted of stone and clay brick, between ten and twenty feet tall.

Your arrival at Iqualiat is noticed by the watch, who wave in greeting, but is otherwise muted. You pull up the wagons at the edge of the outer buildings, but no one comes out to greet you immediately. Ulf frowns, muttering something about unusual hospitality, then walks off into the village holding aloft a strange talisman.

It's currently mid-morning. Anything you wish to do at the moment?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24 (26); F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:72 (30)/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 1/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 4/6, 2nd: 1/5, 3rd: 2/5, 4th: 0/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 2/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, mir im (4), res cold, airwalk, see invis, bulls str, keen edge, stoneskin, (60), vit mist (1d6+11) ,endure elements, light fortification,

"This village has got to have some sort of tavern, right? I need something other than water and trail food." Parity complains and then frowns, hastily adding, "Except your chili, Harlan, that's quite amazing ... I just want something ... different."

Parity heads along after Ulf, oblivious to the signs that anything is out of the ordinary.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng notes to Parity out of Harlan's hearing, "Honestly even the goat is getting a little rancid and the black beans give me awful gas."

Heng is uncertain if Ulf wishes them to follow and asks Kelda if she is aware of the protocol or can identify the strange talisman.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve seems a little on-edge herself about these circumstances. "Why would these people be wasting daylight? Something's very wrong here."


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric 5 of Desna / Harrower 3

To Heng's query, Koya shakes her head. "It did not look of anything particular, but it must mean something to the locals here. A symbol of friendship perhaps. Ulf said he knew the people here."


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2

Ameiko nods to Maeve, "I feel the same." After Koya speaks, she offers, "We can cover things here if you want to go and see what Ulf's about."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Let's do that. Hopefully we can get some more supplies, I think we used the last of the goat with that final push."

Should I tell them? No, probably not.

Harlan mounts up on Prugk and makes his way into the village with the others.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve nods at Ameiko's suggestion and runs off to Ulf without another word....

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng nods to Koya and then moves quickly to catch up with Ulf and Maeve.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Following Ulf, you enter the village walls. Once inside, you realize the walls are actually comprised of more village buildings, connected to create a seamless, protective barrier to the outside. Within, a single large open avenue acts as the village commons: part street, courtyard and market. Currently there is very little activity, and nothing that appears to be a tavern. You recieve curious stares from a group of children, before their parent ushers them inside.

Ulf walks up to an unassuming house, detached from the wall-block, next to a large goat pen. A middle-aged Erutaki woman appears at the door, giving you the first smile in greeting, though it appears strained. "Ulf Gormundr," she calls with a laugh. "It is good to see you, friend, but who could expect you in this season?"

Ulf nods, returning a half-smile. "Its a long story, but nonetheless we are on the Path to Tian-Xia. I was hoping to learn about the conditions ahead before we choose our route."

The woman frowns, I have only bad news, Ulf. But come in out of the chill; we can discuss it over a warm drink." Her eyes take in the rest of you, and she extends the greeting, waving you inside. "All of you are welcome to my home. I am Sonavut, Hearthmistress of Iqaliat. Forgive the cool reception, if you will. We do not normally see travelers this time of year, and other... events have taken their toll on my neighbors."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve accepts the invitation with a gracious smile, stepping into the hut. "I'm sorry if we're putting you out. Believe me, we wouldn't be making the trek at such a dangerous time if it weren't of the utmost urgency. Or if journey by boat were likely to succeed. Or if we were on our way to Sargava...uhm, forget that last one." She blushes. "And I've given up food and drink for the time being...but please, don't let that stop the rest of you." The girl sighs softly.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24 (26); F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:72 (30)/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 1/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 4/6, 2nd: 1/5, 3rd: 2/5, 4th: 0/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 2/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, mir im (4), res cold, airwalk, see invis, bulls str, keen edge, stoneskin, (60), vit mist (1d6+11) ,endure elements, light fortification,

Parity lets his mouth hang open incredulously."You've given up food and drink? What the ... ? Whatever, I'm all over it. Thanks, ma'am. A drink sounds great! Lead the way. My name is Parity, great to meet you."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng's eyes look pained at his companion's inability to display composed behavior. He bows graciously to their host and accepts the offered drink for appearances anyway. "I am sorry we have come at an inopportune time, Hearthmistress. What is the cause of the trouble ?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Sonavut waits until everyone is inside the house and comfortable. Then, passing around a flagon of hot fermented goats' milk, she explains.

"Our troubles are many. For your route ahead, the Koumssa Gap is blocked. Morozkos, loosely translated to "hungry storms" in the trade tongue, have swept down from the High Ice and stand in the way of any travel along the Path of Aganhei. Moreover, the storms have been seen venturing further and further south, far beyond their normal territories. None have approached Iqaliat yet, thankfully."

"In addition, Erutaki throughout the region have been spreading word of strange black pillars appearing all across the Crown of the World. These pillars are all guarded by frozen, walking dead. There is nothing linking the pillars and morozkos, but I find the two together to be more than coincidence."

Sonavut then takes a long quaff and gives a heavy sigh. "Lastly, Iqaliat has recently become the hunting ground of a white dragon, by name of Vegsundvaag. It has been terrorizing the village and surroundings, carrying off villagers one by one. A week ago, we sent out a posse of hunters to slay it, but none have returned." She pauses a moment, composing her emotions. "This beast has been in the region for longer than I have lived, and never plagued our village. Our shaman, Tunuak, blames it on our lack of faith in the spirits of the wind, who have always protected Iqualiat. He has even gone on to accuse me and the chieftain of leading our people astray, which is pure goat crap!"


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan follows the others into the hut, marveling at the wonders of the village and its oddities. He is barely paying attention until Sonavut ends her description of their troubles.

Goat crap? She's on to me! No, relax, think about what she just said.

"Sonavut, you say the storms and pillars may be linked, and that this white dragon has begun terrorizing the village. We need to get over the mountains as quickly as possible, our mission is vital. It seems to me that we can trade. If you agree to protect our traveling companions we will find out what's going on with this dragon. Oh...that's probably something I should discuss with my friends. Heng, what do you think? Please? We should help the village. I know Maeve will probably agree. Parity I bet you could add a white dragon tooth to your collection. Mal you can...has anybody seen Mal?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve winks to her companions. "Well, if nothing else it gives us a chance to meet the problem head-on instead of having it bury us like the last one tried to. Besides, I've never considered how to punch a dragon into submission. It should be interesting."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng ponders rubbing his tattooed scalp, "It may not be mere coincidence that so many troubles have appeared at this time. What are the Spirits in the Wind? Perhaps we should speak with Tunuak first. It sounds like he needs to learn proper respect for authority."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24 (26); F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:72 (30)/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 1/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 4/6, 2nd: 1/5, 3rd: 2/5, 4th: 0/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 2/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, mir im (4), res cold, airwalk, see invis, bulls str, keen edge, stoneskin, (60), vit mist (1d6+11) ,endure elements, light fortification,

"So let me get this straight, we CAN'T get through the Gap because of the storms ... and I assume there's no other way around? Of course there isn't, otherwise we would have taken it. Our only lead is the superstitious thought that these storms are linked to the frozen dead and these black pillars? I suppose since we're stuck, we should go check that out. The dragon, while certainly a potentially entertaining kill, doesn't seem to be in our way to getting across. The storms do. I say we tackle those first while Sonuva ... <snicker> ... prays to her spirits to keep the dragon happy." Parity comes across another moment where eye-rolling would have great theatric effect.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

"A dragon is a fearsome thing," Sonavut replies, "soI can understand your reluctance. Anything you do that aids Iqaliat will be greatly appreciated. Of course, you are welcome to stay here as long as you wish, though that will put you in danger from the dragon as well."

Maeve:
You're not 100% sure, but its likely the wind spirits are local totem-like kami, worship or at least reverence for, is common in the oriental lands.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Sonavut you talk as if the storms are alive. Why is that? When did these pillars first start appearing and where? What do the undead do? Are they waiting or attacking or guarding? Do you think talking to Tunuak would help? Maybe he can provide some sort of tracking for this dragon. Tell me more of these wind spirits."

K. Religion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

I hope these things aren't related to our journey...


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve frowns. "There are always other ways, it's just a question of how bad. Never just one path, just sometimes only one path anyone who isn't desperate would take." The girl closes her eyes and shakes her head. "The Spirits of the Wind aren't part of this, I don't think. They're mostly benevolent, at least in the sense that when they harm people it's because it's what must be...this seems like..."

Knowledge (Nature) for the Mozoroku and what Maeve knows about them: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
DM NomadSage wrote:
Sonavut replies, "Anything you do that aids Iqaliat will be greatly appreciated. Of course, you are welcome to stay here as long as you wish, though that will put you in danger from the dragon as well."

"I do not think we shall be able to stay long as time is a great concern. However, a hunting dragon is a great danger and a threat to all. We've already had a rough time with a white dragon headed chimera. I'd prefer to deal with a true dragon trapped in its lair rather than flying beyond our reach again. We should think well on the best preparations."


Male Human Ranger (Guide) 7

"Indeed, there are other ways to Tian-Xia, but the Path is the surest and the fastest. Following the edge of the High Ice west, along Thremyr's Shield, would be thrice the distance, through uncharted lands notorious for their foul weather. I would not be able to guide you, as those lands are unknown to me."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Sonavut tries to answer Harlan's barrage of questions. "I do not understand the morozkos. They are like powerful storms, dangerous for their furious winds, ice and sleet, and unnatural cold. But they have an ill will, as if possessed of a malignant spirit, and they track their prey across the tunrda. I know not where they come from or what sustains them." (Maeve - that's about all you've heard, also.)

"As for the pillars, I know only that they have been spreading across the high ice. The first rumors told of them close to the pole, but newer sightings locate them further and further south. No one knows their purpose, and their undead guardians remain close unless approached."

Lastly, she adds, "You could try speaking with Tunuak. I don't think he knows more than the rest of us, but perhaps his perspective can help. He tends the inukshuk shrines atop the ice cliffs, overlooking the village."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24 (26); F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:72 (30)/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 1/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 4/6, 2nd: 1/5, 3rd: 2/5, 4th: 0/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 2/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, mir im (4), res cold, airwalk, see invis, bulls str, keen edge, stoneskin, (60), vit mist (1d6+11) ,endure elements, light fortification,

"Tunuak, it is then."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Anything else for Sonavut?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24 (26); F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:72 (30)/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 1/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 4/6, 2nd: 1/5, 3rd: 2/5, 4th: 0/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 2/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, mir im (4), res cold, airwalk, see invis, bulls str, keen edge, stoneskin, (60), vit mist (1d6+11) ,endure elements, light fortification,

"Anything we should supply up on? Any local totems or gear that may be helpful in the area?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

on to Tunuak.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Okay, moving on... I was wondering why everyone stopped posting all of a sudden.

You don't have to wait long to find Tunuak. Leaving Sonavut's house, you find a crowd of villagers has gathered outside. None of them appear pleased by your presence. At the front is an aged man, though still hearty. He leans on a twisted staff, wrapped in a heavy gray cloak decorated with Erutaki tribal designs. His brown eyes are yellowed with age, as are his few remaining teeth, and his balding head is a patchwork of short, wiry white hairs around his temples and at the back of his head. Tribal tattoos decorate his liver-spotted pate and face, wrinkled and worn by wind and sun. He carries himself with an air of importance, expecting to be heard... and the audience grants it.

Sonavut follows you out, looking over the assembled crowd in dismay. "Tunuak, what is the meaning of this?"

The shaman scowls at her, but addresses the crowd. "The intrusion of these outsiders will only inflame the anger of Vegsundvaag! You have turned away from the spirits of the wind and invited strangers to our midst, and the spirits will repay such faithlessness with the dragon's wrath!" Many in the crowd mutter, but its difficult to tell if their sullen sounds support Tunuak or not.

"Now, even the traditional sacrifices to propitiate the wind spirits will not suffice. The outsiders' taint can only be removed by offering up one of them... and the others must leave at once!"

Sonavut gasps, turning pale. "Tunuak, you cannot do this!"

Tunuak shakes his head curtly. "Harsh problems require harsh solutions," he replies. The crowd stands on the brink of action.

Responses? Actions?

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng's eyes narrow as he listens to the shaman's mad rant. He draws upon his Ki inspiration to determine the man's true motivation or if indeed he is possessed.

Ki 6/7
sense motive + ki 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 4 = 31


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Hmm...quickly, does what Maeve knows of the types of spirits these people worship really deal with human sacrifice? If I get a separate knowledge check, blowing my Lore Master for a 30.

301 to 350 of 1,873 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.