Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


251 to 300 of 1,873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Surprise Round
AC:20, hp:59/59, Ki 7/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 7/7, dragon style

"Forward!" Heng shouts as he assumes dragon stance and rushes ahead beyond the path of the avalanche. There he stops ready for the assault.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Surprise Round

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


|| Per +14 | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +10 | BAB +9 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Halfling Oracle of Life/12

Ambush

Surprise Round

Yeah, they messed with the coding. Very annoying.

Security Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Security Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Reflex DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Looks like they fixed it, and fixed the dice text label too - they're displaying single line now!

Still need Ref saves from Mal and Parity...


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Ref Sv: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Will use the evasion from my armor if I need to.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Surprise Round

Heng sprints forward with uncanny speed, advancing beyond the edge of the incoming avalanche. Ulf and Shalelu are also aware, but cannot hope to keep up. Ulf especially tries to spur the caravan wagons forward. Too slowly, they pick up a little speed.

Round One

With a growing roar, the cascade of snow and ice barrels down the cliff face. It advances more quickly than you can fully react, and as fast as you move, it isn't fast enough. Ulf and Heng's warning are timely enough to get clear of the full brunt, but not from all of the avalanche. It hits the caravan broadside, blinding and deafening you all momentarily amidst the snow and clammor. Heng watches safely from beyond the slide zone. The rest of you are battered and tumbled, even buried.

After the avalache passes, another roar sounds from above, heralding the appearing of your attacker. A massive beast, with the body the size of an elephant, covered in white fur and patches of scales, and two great draconic wings. It has three heads: one a snow bear, another a long-tusked walrus, and the third a white dragon. It swoops down to within twenty feet of the wreckage, hovering. The wind buffets from its wings kicks up a high cloud of concealing debris, hindering your vision.

Avalanche Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 3) = 16 ... full to the caravan and if you failed your save, otherwise half.

If you failed your save, you are buried in the snow, otherwise you are free to act. Actions for R1?

Total concealment beyond ten feet; otherwise partial concealment.

Reflex Saves:

Ameiko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Kelda: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Koya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sandru: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Shalelu: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Ulf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 1
HP: 45/53, AC: 14, Performance 16/17.

Maeve quickly spins on her feet to begin her magical dance, waiting for the right moment to move in.

Inspire Courage, Swift for Crane Style, Move to keep as many people as possible in Perform range without getting in melee just yet.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 1
AC:20, hp:59/59, Ki 7/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 7/7, dragon style

From his vantage point, Heng grimaces as the wall of snow crashes upon the caravan. His eyes widen as Koya disappears beneath the snow and he ignores the strange beast that flies overhead as he rushes to rescue his foster mother.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Buried! How long until I dig myself out?


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Swift mirror image, standard activate airwalk. Move up to within range bit not drawing AoO


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

From the PRD, for quick reference...

Buried Rules:
Characters who aren't buried can dig out their friends. In 1 minute, using only her hands, a character can clear rocks and debris equal to five times her heavy load limit. The amount of loose stone that fills a 5-foot-by-5-foot area weighs 1 ton (2,000 pounds). Armed with an appropriate tool, such as a pick, crowbar, or shovel, a digger can clear loose stone twice as quickly as by hand. A buried character can attempt to free himself with a DC 25 Strength check.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

hmm, so a strength of 18 ill clear 1500 lbs per minute though I don't think I'd need to clear a whole 5x5 to be able to pull someone out. Figuring I can clear 150/rnd, i'd be nearly a 1/4 through in 3 rounds. That enough for a strength check to pull someone out?


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round One
Initiative Order: Shalelu [19], Malnival [14], Heng [13], Sandru, Harlan [12], Parity [11], Ulf, Koya, Chimera, [6], Ameiko, Maeve, Kelda [5]

The scene is snowy chaos as Heng rushes back towards the half-buried caravan. Shalelu, Malnival, Harlan and Koya are all gone, and a few of the wagons and their drivers are covered. The chimera's wind blast kicks up enough debris to cloud the entire area and make it hard to see beyond a couple yards. On top of it all, the din of muffled shouts and cries for help, along with the chimera's roars, make it impossible to orient who's where.

Heng sprints into this mess, estimating the place where he last saw Koya, and begins digging frantically. You hear Sandru's voice, calling for Harlan. Unperturbed by the wind and snow, Parity draws Suishen and steps into the air, steadly approaching the beast. The dragon head turns towards him then roars a blast of freezing ice towards him and the center of the caravan below.

Ulf draws his sword and shield, ready to attack but unable to engage the chimera. Ameiko casts a spell upon herself, giving the ability to cross the deep snow and rough terrain unhindered, while Maeve similarly begins an inspiring song. Kelda joins Ulf, sword and axe in hand, and shouts out Malnival's name.

Parity, Ameiko, Maeve, Ulf and Kelda take 6d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 6, 6, 3, 5) = 32 cold damage (DC 17 Reflex save for half).

@ Heng - that's fair, assuming you're in the correct spot to begin with...

Actions for R2?


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Crap, was logging on to change my action to resist cold ... too slow!

Round 2

HP: 40/64
Status: above + airwalk, mirror image (1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 images), belker's claws (2 rds)
Spells remaining: 1st: 4/5, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2
Swift Spell: 1/3

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Parity dodges under most of the cold breath and then steps in to attack the chimera. He defensively 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 4 + 7 = 24 swift casts True Strike and then channels Belker's Claw as he cuts forward with Suishen, his divine intuition helping him cut into the beast.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 1d6 + 2d12 ⇒ (6) + 10 + (1) + (8, 10) = 35


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 1
HP: 29/53, AC: 14, Performance 15/17.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Maeve manages to duck just in time to avoid the brunt of the blast. Snapping back to her feet, she waves a hand and suddenly splits into several duplicates before starting to move in.

Standard to cast Mirror Image. 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Images, then Acrobatics to move into melee range, and swift to Arcane Strike

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 2
AC:20, hp:59/59, Ki 7/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 7/7, dragon style

Eyes squinting against the blowing snow, Heng listens and feels for Koya as he quickly scoops snow away.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Dig mechanic- considering that it'll be about 13 Rnds for me to completely dig someone out that works to maybe a +2 bonus/rnd to their strength check. After 13 rnds, they'd have a +26 or automatic success...


|| Per +14 | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +10 | BAB +9 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Halfling Oracle of Life/12

Round ?

Status:

HP = 38/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = None
Bolts = 55/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

Harlan begins to dig himself out of the snow.

"Sandru! Sandru!"

STR: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

"This is just not my thing."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Maeve Haela wrote:
... then Acrobatics to move into melee range, and swift to Arcane Strike

Note, the chimera is still flying, 20 feet up...


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Erk. Call it moving up closer then. Although it's a shame to waste that acrobatics check.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Two
Initiative Order: Shalelu* [19], Malnival* [14], Heng [13], Sandru, Harlan* [12], Parity [11], Ulf, Koya*, Chimera, [6], Ameiko, Maeve, Kelda [5]

Heng continues to shovel chunks of snow and ice away with his hands, stopping every few throws to listen, but he hears no sign of Koya. Nearby, Sandru searches for Harlan, and he hears Harlan's muffled calls coming through the snow. Homing on the voice, Sandru starts digging. "Hang tight, little guy," he shouts, reassuringly.

In the obscuring cloud above, Parity closes with the chimera, lashing out with a devastating magically-infused strike. The beast roars again, all three heads lashing at Parity with tooth, tusks and claws. The combination of timely dodges and his mirror images keeps Parity free from any hits, though his illusory alternates are all dispersed.

Ulf and Kelda wait with Maeve, unable to see the fight overhead, but at the ready. Stepping lightly across the snow piles, Ameiko moves to help Heng locate Koya. Listening with one ear to the surface, she tries a few spots before calling out. "Heng, here! She's here, just below me!"

Dice:
Ameiko Reflex save vs chimera's breath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 {pass}
Kelda Reflex save vs chimera's breath: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 {fail}
Ulf Reflex save vs chimera's breath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 {pass}

Sandru Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Chimera bite vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 {miss} (MI hit)
Chimera bite vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 {miss} (MI hit)
Chimera gore vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 (MI 1d3 ⇒ 3)
Chimera claw vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 (MI 1d2 ⇒ 2)
Chimera claw vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 {miss} (MI hit)

Ameiko Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Round 2

HP: 40/64
Status: above + airwalk, mirror image (1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 images), belker's claws (1 rds)
Spells remaining: 1st: 4/5, 2nd: 1/4, 3rd: 1/2
Swift Spell: 0/3

Huh, that was handy, may need that again since no one has joined me yet

Parity will swift another mirror image, defensively 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20, and continue to attack with Suishen, this time infusing his weapon with raw arcane force (channel force punch), but he fails to penetrate the beast's hide. Meanwhile, the smoke from his previous strike starts to fill the creatures mouths and nostrils.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 12, 1d100 ⇒ 82
Belker's damage 2d12 ⇒ (8, 12) = 20

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 3
AC:20, hp:59/59, Ki 7/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 7/7, dragon style

Heng doesn't even pause to berate himself for digging in the wrong spot, but dashes to Ameiko and begins digging anew.

would fire fists expedite the process without endangering Koya?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Heng wrote:
would fire fists expedite the process without endangering Koya?

Not significantly, since you're shoveling not melting...


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 3
HP: 29/53, AC: 14, Performance 14/17.

Maeve whips out her wand again and points it up at the chimera. "Well, if you won't come down, we can work with that." Unfortunately, the wand just sputters somewhat frustratingly.

Fire off a Scorching Ray, Perform maintenance, and a free to Arcane Strike

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 5) = 18


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Three
Initiative Order: Shalelu* [19], Malnival* [14], Heng [13], Sandru, Harlan* [12], Parity [11], Ulf, Koya*, Chimera, [6], Ameiko, Maeve, Kelda [5]

Heng, Sandru and Ameiko continue their rescue efforts after Koya and Harlan. Unable to fight the chimera, Ulf joins the effort, calling out for Malnival and Shalelu.

Im the air, Parity swings Suishen and misses, but the lingering effect of his previous hit continues to damage the beast. It roars then dives away, looping up into the air and withdrawing. A half-moment later, a second chimera lands at the other end of the caravan, closing in on the rescue group and blasting them with its icy breath.

Leaping aside, Ameiko avoids the brunt of the blast, but then crumbles to her knees, shivering uncontrollably. Kelda trudges through the snow drifts, her rage building as she nears the new arrival, then slashes her sword deep into its flank.

Heng, Sandru, Ameiko and Ulf take 6d8 ⇒ (5, 4, 7, 3, 7, 5) = 31 cold damage, DC 17 Reflex save for half-damage.

Due to the arrival of the 2nd chimera, Maeve can re-post your action. Everyone else for R4?

Dice:
Sandru Reflex save vs chimera's breath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 {pass}
Ameiko Reflex save vs chimera's breath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 {pass}
Ulf Reflex save vs chimera's breath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 {pass}

Kelda vs chimera: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33; Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20; Damage: 2d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 + 4 = 18


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
.Alnival yells for the others hoping to help them locate him.

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 4
AC:18/20, hp:59/59, Ki 5/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 6/7, dragon style, inspired

Reflex 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

well, fudge. Mystic insight for a reroll.

Reflex 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

better.

Heng doesn't notice the Wal-bear-gon until its hoary breath nearly hits him. A last minute's intuition of the danger causes him to roll out of the way landing on his feet in dragon stance. "Ameiko, are you well? It will do us no good to free Koya if she is frozen an instant later. Help her if you are able. I will deal with the beast." An instant later he barrels through the snow into a flying, flaming kick.

Charge 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2

"...." Ameiko shivers.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 3 Redone.
HP: 29/53, AC: 14, Performance 13/17.

"AMEIKO!" Maeve screams out, only momentarily distracted, but luckily the girl focuses on the problem at hand - the thing that hurt her. She quickly charges in herself.

Power Attacking, Charging, Inspiring
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


|| Per +14 | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +10 | BAB +9 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Halfling Oracle of Life/12

Can I channel through the snow?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Harlan Starshine wrote:
Can I channel through the snow?

As long as you're concious and its not a targetted effect, I don't see why not...


|| Per +14 | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +10 | BAB +9 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Halfling Oracle of Life/12

Round 4

Status:

HP = 38/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = None
Bolts = 55/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

Taking a break from digging his way out as he hears his friend's cries, Harlan calls upon the Sun Goddess to shine her light on him. Even though he is buried under snow. In the dark. And cold. And probably hungry.

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 4) = 15

I'll exclude the chimera if that's possible, though I doubt it.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Parity pauses, standing in the air, activating resist cold, he casts about.

"Which way!"

2d12 ⇒ (10, 7) = 17 continuing damage.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Four
Initiative Order: Shalelu* [19], Malnival* [14], Heng [13], Sandru, Harlan* [12], Parity [11], Ulf, Koya*, Chimera, [6], Ameiko, Maeve, Kelda [5]

I'm a moron - Ameiko has evasion, and made all her saves, so she's actually totally unharmed...

Ameiko leaps away and cries out in alarm as the breath washes by. But as she stands, shivering from the blast, she realizes she's amazingly avoided harm. Regardless, Maeve comes to her call, crossing the snow to boldly attack the chimera with a heavy kick.

Heng charges at the new chimera, slamming it with a fiery kick. Sandru flanks around the beast to attack, but cannot break the chimera's scaly hide. From below the snow pack, a burst of healing energy washes over the group from trapped Harlan.

In the air above, Parity protects himself with a spell against the cold, while trying to get a bearing on the fight. Without the chimera beating up the wind, the obscuring cloud disappates somewhat. (Now partial concealment beyond 15 ft)

Ulf slogs through the snow to melee the chimera, slashing his longsword to make a mark. The chimera retaliates, the dragon head chomping onto Heng's leg while the bear head gnashes Maeve. Her mirror images take one of the claw hits, and Heng is able to avoid the second.

At Maeve's turn... actions for R4/5?

Dice:
Sandru vs chimera 2: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 17 {miss}
Ulf vs chimera 2: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19; Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Chimera 2 bite vs Heng: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32; Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13
Chimera 2 bite vs Maeve: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 (MI? 1d4 ⇒ 1); Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Chimera 2 gore vs Ulf: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 {miss}
Chimera 2 claw vs Heng: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 {miss}
Chimera 2 claw vs Maeve: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 (MI? 1d4 ⇒ 3)

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

i was wondering what was going on with Ameiko... also, i hate to point it out, but that bite on me is a crit threat.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 4
HP: 27/53, AC: 17, Performance 12/17, 2 Images, Crane Style, Fighting Defensively

Seeing the has the monster's undivided attention (..well, as much as possible for something with three brains, anyway) Maeve snaps back into a more defensive posture, making sure she has a flank before renewing her assault.

Fighting Defensively, Flurry of Blows and Power Attack while Arcane Striking as a free and maintaining Performance.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage 1: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage 2: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Parity listens intently and charges down toward the sounds of battle and roaring beast, aiming high, hoping to strike the beast's heads.

Swift to arcane this round.

The Math:

To hit 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 14, 1d100 ⇒ 28
Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + (4) = 23

whiff

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 5
AC:20, hp:59/36 or less, Ki 5/7, Stun 6/7, Fire 5/7, dragon style, inspired

Heng grunts as the dragon head savages his leg and strikes back with a rapid series of strikes wreathed in roaring flame.

Flurry #1 (stun DC 15) 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 add +2 if flanking
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Flurry #2 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 add +2 if flanking
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #3 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 add +2 if flanking
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Str check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Mal continues to yell gor the others as he tries to free himself


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Five

@ Heng: Yup, I missed that! For your vigilance, you win: Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22; Crit Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12 :o)

Maeve harries the chimera, making a flurry of jabs but to no real effect. Kelda contines to attack, cutting another deep gash into its flank. Striding easily atop the snow, Ameiko circles to a vulnerable spot, steadies her aim then thrusts her rapier into the joint at the chimera's foreleg. Her blade doesn't stop until it hits the hilt. The chimera screeches from three throats, jolting the rapier from her grip, but only makes another wobbly step before it falls over.

Ameiko flashes a signature half-grin, "Right in the heart!"

Heng wrests free of the dragon's jaws, ready to finish off the beast, but it is already dead.

From the ridgeline above, the first chimera roars again, a combination of pain and rage... but it remains there, watching you with many hate- and hunger-filled eyes.

End of Combat... for the moment, unless you wish to engage the remaining chimera somehow.

Dice:
Kelda vs Chimera: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27; Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Ameiko vs Chimera: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30; Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25; Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 + (6) = 18

Liberty's Edge

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

AC:20, hp:59/24, Ki 5/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 6/7, dragon style, inspired

Heng pays no mind to the torn flesh and muscle of his leg thinking only of Koya's safety. Leaving a crimson trail in the snow, he quickly hobbles back to resume digging..


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27 current); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:111/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 1/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification, bull str, keen edge, countless eyes, invis,

Harlan, where is he?

Parity returns to the party's originating point to rescue the halfling.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve looks around at the continuing rescue efforts. Can't let it get in their way again.

Suddenly sprinting off, Maeve returns to where her wand was and attempts to recover it before the chimera can launch another breath weapon.

Will be trying to move to the wand and pick it up, still maintaining performance for this round. If I can get there, next round Maeve will fire it.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

The chimera is atop the cliff, approximately 100 feet up.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Since when has not having thought the plan through bothered Maeve?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

:o) Are you going to start climbing or hold ready in case it decides to attack again?


|| Per +14 | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +10 | BAB +9 | CMB +7 | CMD 20 || Halfling Oracle of Life/12

Hearing the roaring stop Harlan continues to dig. He doesn't know which direction he's going, just heading towards any sound.

Don't think I can actually make the check.

STR: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

"Guys! Guys? Help?"

Oh no, they've been eaten!


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Ready action, I think. I'll roll dice now for it.

UMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Fire Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 5) = 18

251 to 300 of 1,873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.