Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


151 to 200 of 1,873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Lost Lake

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Maeve just grins at the large beast. "It's a kind of water-giant, in the same sense that ogres and giants are distant relatives. It's big, slow, and stupid, but watch for the claws."

Standard action to start Inspire Courage, swift to activate Janni Style, then move in 30 feet.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 1 Init 20

Status:

HP = 54/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 60/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (3d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

"Ok, let's do this."

Harlan wings a shot at the giant.

+1 Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Oh, watch out there! I guess this thing was loaded."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Charge 80'
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage1d8 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + (2) = 19


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Charge!!!

Swift action: add +1 and fire to Scimitar
Charge Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng blurs with a burst of speed racing to cut off the giant.

100 feet double move or 140 with ki if needed.

will be backpacking rest of the week. bot me as needed.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round One

Sprinting forward, you chase down the fleeing giant, catching it as it nears the ice on the shoreline. With a couple of hits from Malnival and Heng, it falls screeching and clawing at the ice, until Parity silences it a few seconds later. With a strange, gasping noise, it lies still.

End of Combat! Actions?


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve was just winding up for a charge when the merrow falls over. With a few rapid blinks she takes in the whole thing before finally sayiing "Huh. That was anti-climactic."


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival nudges the creature with his foot as he stares down at the monster. "Yes, I agree."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"There may be more. I doubt one of them could wipe out an entire village. Let's look for survivors and supplies then get out of here."

If Koya is level 6 then she can supply food for 18 humans or 6 horses for one day. It's possible we won't need many resources at all, depending on her casting ability.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Lost Lake

When the merrow dies, the lake shore returns to its eerie quiet. You move back towards the huts to search around. The nearest one, where you found the merrow, is thoroughly ransacked. Any remnant of furniture or supply has been long since stolen or smashed. You find nothing of real value, but it was clear that a large family once lived here.

As you leave the hut to continue your search, a panicked scream echoes from the water. Glancing that way, you see a woman thrashing at the edge of the ice, calling for help. Ripples in the lake water show three large shapes converging on her position.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"...this is probably going to ruin my clothes. Cover me." Tossing her wand of scorching ray to Malnival again, she charges on ahead, relying on her boots' magical properties to protect her from the worst of it. And if they don't, hey, lesson learned.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival cathches the wand and follows behind the red haired whirlwind.

Move to attack range with wand.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"If this involves swimming, you can count me out ... I'll listen from the shore and cheer you on ... Unless ..."

Parity casts airwalk and follows Captain Impetuous.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Maeve rushes out onto the ice, with Malnival and Parity in tow. Harlan and Heng watch from the safety of the shoreline. The ice is partially covered with snow, making the terrain difficult but not too slippery. Maeve crosses it quickly, and Parity has no trouble while walking on air.

As Maeve nears the flailing figure, she sees it is a human woman with long, black hair. But as she gets close, the woman gets pulled under with a wailing gasp. She catches a vaguely sweet brine smell on the air, before the ice beneath her buckles with an impact from below. The same happens beneath Malnival, and at several other points across the icy surface. With a loud crack, the ice begins to break up beneath your feet.

Two other merrow burst up from the water, climbing onto the crackling ice.

Using the same initiative from before... actions? Parity is safe, but Malnival and Maeve need a DC 20 Reflex save to avoid falling into the water.

Map sent... half speed on the ice, which is considered difficult terrain.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 2, move to engage, channel force punch, swift elemental fire aura defensively.

Will roll dice when next at a computer, but if you need to move on, roll without me. Don't forget cleaving finish if applicable.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan runs up to join his friends.

Double move to the edge of the ice.

"Careful guys!"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 2?

HP: 53/53, Performance: 15/17
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Not even disturbed from the tossing about, Maeve quickly backs away from the Merrow to resume her performance.

Swift to activate Crane Style, then move 30' back (Boots of the Winterlands - no penalty for being on ice), then Bardic Performance


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

With a lot of cursing in elvish, Malnival falls into the water.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Seeing his comrades endangered, Heng activated Dragon Style and glides over the ice as he charges into battle with a draconic roar.

Round 1
AC:20, hp:59/59, Ki 6/7, Stun 6/6, Fire Fist: 7/7, dragon style

dragon style ignores difficult terrain, I figure I can jump over holes and reach the closest merrow within 100 feet.

Unarmed 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + (3) = 13


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round One
Initiative Order: Merrow [24], Malnival [23], Harlan [20], Heng [21], Parity [13], Maeve [4]

Maeve leaps and rolls, avoiding the trap, but Malnival gets his footing caught and falls in as the ice collapses beneath him. The shock of the cold water is worse than the water itself, as Mal is able to quickly get his head above water. In the few moments beneath the surface, he spies a half-dozen large shapes in the water beneath the ice, including the panicked 'woman', who now swims calmly amidst the merrow.

Harlan and Heng move to the shore; Heng much faster as he charges light-stepped out onto the ice. With uncanny speed, Heng closes in on and slams the nearest merrow. Parity charges in as well, slashing Suishen with an elemental charge, but misses high. Maeve moves back towards the shore while spinning in an interprative dance.

Malnival feels a large hand clamp around his ankle, and he gulps in a last gasp before being pulled down beneath the surface. Up above, two more merrow climb to the ice, one from the hole where Maeve had stood, and the other from the edge behind Heng. They attack, enjoying the reach of their long arms, clawing Parity and Heng with telling hits.

A hideous, bulging-eyed head pops up from the water several feet off shore. It has the long, straight black hair of the distressed woman, but is obviously not a human. It casts a mystic spell, pointing at Parity.

Spellcraft DC 17:
The spell cast was chill metal.

Need a DC 18 Will save from Parity. Which performance is Maeve starting?

Actions for R2?

Dice:
Parity vs Green1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 {miss}
Miss Chances: 1d100 ⇒ 12 / 1d100 ⇒ 36

Blue grapple vs Malnival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 {grab}

Red vs Parity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Green vs Heng: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Red vs Heng: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 {miss}
Yellow vs Parity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 2

Last round that was supposed to be Inspire Courage

Maeve snaps back around and starts coming back at the Merrow, spinning around defenses before trying to land a blow of her own.

Swift to Arcane Strike, then Acrobatics to avoid AoOs and attack green.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 1

Parity also cast elemental aura on the defensive

Def Cast: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Elemental aura fire damage 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 + catch fire; save DC 16 for 1/2 and no special effect.

Parity will use Suishen to attempt to spell block the spell, DC: 11 + spell level.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Round 2

Parity steps 5 feet to the west, swinging Suishen in a great arc, smoke trailing from the flaming blade, his aura still burning the merrow. (swift: arcane strike, channel belker's claws)

The Math:

To Hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 40,1d100 ⇒ 15
Elemental Aura: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 save for 1/2 or catch fire; DC16


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

figure I am gappled.question can I use my arcana to make my unarmed attacks +1 fire?

Break grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 2

Status:

HP = 54/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 59/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"She's casting a spell to make metal cold! Try to drop her first."

Harlan takes aim at the woman and lets fly with his crossbow.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 2
AC:20, hp:48/59, Ki 5/7, Stun 6/6, Fire Fist: 6/7, dragon style

Heng's hands suddenly flare into flame as he assaults the sea ogre with astonishing speed.

burning elemental fist (not sure how that would effect the cold wraps?}, ki for bonus strike}

Flurry #1 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + (5) = 14

Flurry #2 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (2) = 11

Flurry #3 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (2) = 11

Ki bonus Flurry 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (2) = 11


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Two
Initiative Order: Merrow [24], Malnival [23], Harlan [20], Heng [21], Parity [13], Maeve [4]

Parity performs a quick kata with Suishen, dispelling the woman's magic before it affects him.

Harlan fires his crossbow at the scaly woman in the water. She ducks beneath the surface, avoiding the bolt. Heng lashes out, striking the nearest merrow down with a one-two combo, then spinning a step back and landing a solid kick on the foe behind him.

With the merrow behind him down, Parity moves towards the other two, swinging Suishen in a wide arc at the closest. The merrow steps clear of the swing before responding with its own attack.

Maeve rushes into the melee with a twirl and somersault, kicking the nearest merrow, but her blow just bounces off its thick hide.

The merrow attack, targeting Heng, Maeve and Parity respectively. Heng avoids his foe's claws, but Maeve and Parity both take hits. As they land, the merrow grab hold, attempting to grapple: Maeve spins away, clear of its grasp; Parity cannot break free of its iron grasp.

Two more merrow climb from the water, closer to the shore by Harlan.

Malnival:
In the water, you twist and pull, trying to get your leg free but the merrow's grasp is firm. The merrow pulls you in close, pinning you tight against its body. The scaled woman-creature swims over, getting close enough that you can see her hideous features clearly in the frigid water. Her long black hair swirls through the water with a life of its own, curling around your limbs as she caresses you with her scaly hands.

"Come, join me... cease your struggles and accept my love."

You have 9 rounds of breath remaining...

Dice:
Orange claw 1 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 {miss} / claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 {miss}
Red claw 1 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 / claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 {miss}
Yellow claw 1 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 {miss} / claw 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Red grapple vs Maeve: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 {fail}
Yellow grapple vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 {grappled}

Blue pin vs Malnival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 {pinned}

Had to change around some targets, as Heng killed the one declared for both Maeve and Parity. @ Malnival - sure, I don't have a problem with that...

Actions for R3?


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,
DM NomadSage wrote:

Round Two

Initiative Order: Merrow [24], Malnival [23], Harlan [20], Heng [21], Parity [13], Maeve [4]

Parity performs a quick kata with Suishen, dispelling the woman's magic before it affects him.

Harlan fires his crossbow at the scaly woman in the water. She ducks beneath the surface, avoiding the bolt. Heng lashes out, striking the nearest merrow down with a one-two combo, then spinning a step back and landing a solid kick on the foe behind him.

With the merrow behind him down, Parity moves towards the other two, swinging Suishen in a wide arc at the closest. The merrow steps clear of the swing before responding with its own attack.

Maeve rushes into the melee with a twirl and somersault, kicking the nearest merrow, but her blow just bounces off its thick hide.

The merrow attack, targeting Heng, Maeve and Parity respectively. Heng avoids his foe's claws, but Maeve and Parity both take hits. As they land, the merrow grab hold, attempting to grapple: Maeve spins away, clear of its grasp; Parity cannot break free of its iron grasp.

Two more merrow climb from the water, closer to the shore by Harlan.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

Don't forget, Parity is on fire ... didn't see any saves, so just checking


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Parity wrote:
Don't forget, Parity is on fire ... didn't see any saves, so just checking

Aura damage procs if they are adjacent at the start of your turn. Both were 5 ft away at the start of R2.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 3

Status:

HP = 54/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 58/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

"Two more behind you guys!"

Harlan reloads and fires again, this time at the closest.

Light Crossbow PBS: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

DM Nomad Sage:
Malnival grits his teeth at the creature touches him and calls upon his magnus arcana to make his free hand burn with magical fire before grabbing at the merrow that is holding him.
Touch attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,
DM NomadSage wrote:
Parity wrote:
Don't forget, Parity is on fire ... didn't see any saves, so just checking
Aura damage procs if they are adjacent at the start of your turn. Both were 5 ft away at the start of R2.

Beginning of the turn and when I cast it ...shoulda taken the damage long before Heng got there but never the mind.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 3

Maeve skips backwards from the merrow, apparently thinking better of taking one single-handedly for a moment, before casting a spell that causes her body to shimmer slightly.

Moving back to the hole (while maintaining performance) and casting Versatile Weapon on myself, set to Piercing. Swift to Arcane Strike
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 3
AC:20, hp:48/59, Ki 4/7, Stun 6/6, Fire Fist: 6/7, dragon style

Heng releases the dragon fire and applies the ice to his wounded foe.

Flurry #1 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + (1) = 13

Flurry #2 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (3) = 15

Flurry #3 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1) = 7

Ki bonus Flurry 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (2) = 14


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

All my complaining about the flame and I forgot to post

Round 3

Parity holds the merrow back with one hand thrusting forward with Suishen as he channels a spell.

-2 for grappled included

The Dice:

To hit 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
Crit confirm 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18
miss 1d100 ⇒ 20, 1d100 ⇒ 54
Damage 1d8 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + (4) = 20
Crit Damage 1d8 + 13 + 1d10 ⇒ (7) + 13 + (6) = 26
Elemental fury 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7 + DC16 or catch fire
Concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Ghoul's Touch DC15 or be paralyzed plus radiates stench


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Three
Initiative Order: Merrow [24], Malnival [23], Harlan [20], Heng [21], Parity [13], Maeve [4]

Malnival:
You hear the merrow hiss in pain as your burning magic touches it, but it retains its pinning hold on you. The woman continues her caresses and noises, but you start to feel physical change to your body where she touches - your skin crawls violently, repulsed, but followed by a certain ecstacy.

Harlan reloads and fires at the nearest merrow, but the bolt barely penetrates its scaly hide. Heng continues to pummel his opponent with a whirlwind of strikes. It is all the merrow can do to avoid or deflect the blows, but Heng manages to land one solid hit. With a gurlged grunt, the merrow withdraws and dives beneath the ice.

As Parity's fiery aura sears his grasping foe, he turns and thrusts Suishen straight into and through the merrow's chest. The kill is instantaneous, and the giant slumps to the ice. Meanwhile, Maeve dances safely away from the merrow, casting a spell amidst her performance.

Harlans target returns the attention, closing quickly with long strides and slashing him with long claws. The other new arrival steps over to track Maeve's twirling form, slashing her across the back. The third merrow doesn't give chase, but steps around the hole to attack Parity, landing one powerful hit before he can turn to defend.

Actions for R4?

Dice:
Yellow Reflex save vs Parity's elemental aura: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 {fail... not that it matters much, lol!}

Majenta vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
White vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Red claw 1 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 {miss} / claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 4

Maeve quickly dives into the water before diving to try to rescue Mal....

(sorry, on the tablet and VERY busy at work, Npc as appropriate until tomorrow?


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

DM Nomadsage:
Break grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Malnival throws himself at his captors trying his best to escape.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 4
AC:20, hp:48/59, Ki 4/7, Stun 5/6, Fire Fist: 6/7, dragon style, inspired

Heng grunts in consternation as he now has two companions to rescue from the deep freezing water and moves to quickly deal with the remaining ogres land locked ogres. kill Mr. Pink! not sure how long Maeve's inspiration lasts underwater.

Stunning Unarmed (Fort DC 15) 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + (6) = 20


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 4

Status:

HP = 44/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 58/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

"Hey, that hurts, watch it!"

Harlan limps away from the creature while shooting it.

5' step back and fire!
Light Crossbow PBS: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 4

5' north, and a swing, channel Belker's again.
HP: 53/64
Spells: 2nd: 1/4 3rd: 0/2
Spell Block: 5/6
Status addition to above: elemental aura fire (4)

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 31, 1d100 ⇒ 57


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Four
Initiative Order: Merrow [24], Malnival [23], Harlan [20], Heng [21], Parity [13], Maeve [4]

Harlan takes a step backwards, reloading and firing at the merrow. This time, the bolt strikes true, lodging deeply into the crook of its shoulder. It bellows, continuing its attack until Heng moves in, slamming it in the back of the head with a leaping punch. It reels, stunned. The other merrow slides over, clawing Heng in the back. It tries to grab him, but Heng slaps the giant hand away.

Parity moves to attack the nearest merrow, but misses wide. It retaliates, hitting him across the chest and latching on to his armor.

Malnival & Maeve:
Malnival makes one last surge to break free, shoving against the merrow and then turning his momentum when the giant shifts. The gambit works, and Malnival has to resist the urge to cheer, giving up precious breath. The woman-thing's ritual is broken as he breaks free, and she screeches in rage, all too painfully audible underwater. Mal feels his skin return to normal.

Maeve dives into the frigid water a few seconds later, taking a moment to assess the blurry situation before she is beset upon by another merrow. It claws dig deep into her torso as it grabs hold, tightly.

(Forgot to add this earlier...) If you're in the water, and do not have some kind of protection from cold (endure elements counts), you take 1d4 non-lethal damage per round (by round... 1d4 ⇒ 2, 1d4 ⇒ 3, 1d4 ⇒ 1, 1d4 ⇒ 3).

Dice:
Majenta Fort save vs Heng's stun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 {fail}

Red claw 1 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 / claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 {miss}
White claw 1 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 {miss} / claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Orange vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15; Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Red grapple vs Parity: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 {grappled}
White grapple vs Heng: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 {fail}
Orange grapple vs Maeve: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 {grappled}

Yellow inverted triangles indicate under the water. I'm showing Parity's hit points should be at 25 (from 32) (not 46 (from 53)).

Actions for R5?


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

I missed the 7-point hit in Round 2, so that puts me at 46 when combined with the one hit in round 3 ... max hp are 64, so not sure where you got the low numbers from? Down to 39 now after this hit this round. Did I miss something?

Round 5

Grappled stab again!
HP: 39/64
Spells: 2nd: 1/4 3rd: 0/2
Spell Block: 5/6
Status addition to above: elemental aura fire (3)

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 21, 1d100 ⇒ 59
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 12 + (4) = 24
Crit Dam: 1d8 + 14 + 1d10 ⇒ (4) + 14 + (10) = 28

That's a nice habit to start.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 4

HP: 45, Performance: 14/17

How many of them ARE there? Maeve thinks to herself, punching deep into its' sides with a pair of knife-hand strikes magically enhanced to pierce deep and glide through the water.

Have Endure Elements up thanks to the boots (though just against cold) so no damage. Well, from that. Hands count as a light piercing weapon. Swift to Arcane Strike, then attacking.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,
Parity wrote:

I missed the 7-point hit in Round 2, so that puts me at 46 when combined with the one hit in round 3 ... max hp are 64, so not sure where you got the low numbers from? Down to 39 now after this hit this round. Did I miss something?

Found the 14 points in Round 1 ... man I need to pay attention. Down to 25 now, sorry about that

Also add damage from elemental aura if the grappler isn't killed by the crit 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 plus save.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 5

Status:

HP = 44/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 57/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

"I need to get onto that ice, the others may be dying under there!"

Harlan fires his crossbow at the merrow next to him.

Light Crossbow PBS: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

He then moves to Heng.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

DM Nomadsage:
Malnival swims as fast as he can away from the merrow and the other beast attempting to get to the surface.
Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 5
AC:20, hp:41/59, Ki 4/7, Stun 4/6, Fire Fist: 6/7, dragon style

Ignoring the stunned and likely now dead merrow, Heng steps over to deal with the remaining fishy ogre.

Stun DC 15/Flurry #1 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + (4) = 14

Flurry #2 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12

Flurry #3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (6) = 18


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Five
Initiative Order: Merrow [24], Malnival [23], Harlan [20], Heng [21], Parity [13], Maeve [4]

Malnival & Maeve:
With her knife-hand strike, Maeve stabs the merrow in the gut hard enough to draw blood. Already wounded, the dying giant gurgles and floats away.

Oh no you don't, pretty one, the woman-thing hisses, lunging at Malnival's retreating form and making a desperate attempt to return him to her caresses. The hideous thing's claws and tooty bite scrape off Malnival's armor, but he reaches the surface unharmed, gasping for air.

Non-lethal: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Malnival bursts from the surface of the icy water a few yards from the edge, gasping heavily for air. Just behind him, a merrow and hideous, scaly humanoid woman-thing surface beside him, clawing at the elf.

On shore, Harlan takes down the stunned merrow with a well-placed bolt, while Heng spins to attack the next. With three successive crunching hits, Heng brings that foe down to the ice in a crumpled mass. At the same time, Parity also drops his opponent, using an imbued Suishen to disembowel the giant in one slash.

Dice:
Woman-thing bite vs Malnival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 {miss}
Woman-thing claw 1 vs Malnival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 {miss}
Woman-thing claw 2 vs Malnival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 {miss}

Blue vs Malnival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 {miss}

Nice - dropped 4 in one round... actions for R6?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 6 Init 20

Status:

HP = 44/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 56/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 5/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = None

Moving to the edge of the ice Harlan fires another bolt into the melee, this time aiming for the woman thing clawing at Mal.

Diagonal SE 2 squares por favor.
Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 6

HP: 45

Maeve kicks her way back to the surface, seeing Mal has things under control after all. Okay, not one of my better plans.

Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

151 to 200 of 1,873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.