Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,873 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Maeve:
I'm not sure what "thing" you're referring to in your first question. The zappy thing is up above the next level, and in full view where you are now... the rooms to the north don't overlap the hole in the ceiling. Hopefully that answers your query.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve looks over the whole thing again. "Okay, we can check behind the doors later. We should get ready for another fight as soon as I get the platform in place. I can also put a shield in place to protect us from the winds on the way up. Well, maybe. Best I can do is try."

UMD (Platform): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
UMD (Barrier): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

GM:
Sorry, just my awareness of modern life getting in the way, I think - I'm too used to the idea that most of the mechanisms we're dealing with are kept well out of sight so most people won't think about their presence. Since there's nowhere else we haven't seen to put the stuff that isn't obviously dramatic and there to wow the onlookers, it should be behind those doors, right? Just that with magic there doesn't have to be anything else to the elevators or the zappy thing.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Sorry for the long delay... busy day at work.

Uncannily, Maeve completes a new combination of symbols on the panel, activating a force hexagon, but this one with a force dome shielding the top and blocking the wind blast.

All aboard?

Also, Maeve can now Take 20 to activate these functions in the future.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

yep, going up.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Let's do this.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival stands on the platform with the others rubbing his head. "Just when my hair starts to grow back something comes along and burns it off again."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"I think you look good like that Mal! Now, if something eats you again I'm going to suspect you of getting into my spices."

Why else would they enjoy eating him? Well he does keep jumping into their mouths I guess. Probably easier for him to hit them like that.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Uhm..." Maeve thinks for a few moments. "Well, I can try it. Later. If that thing over our heads is causing the storm, it won't be unguarded."

In the rounds as the hexagon powers up and moves, Maeve will cast the following spells/abilities:

Round 1: Blink
Round 2: Good Hope/Dancing Butterfly Flight.
Round 3: Versatile Weapon/Inspire Courage.
Round 4: Mage Armor (from wand) UMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Round 5: Mirror Image

I'm not sure how many rounds she's got - if there's more, she'll time it so Mirror Image occurs during the first round


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Cast Shield then Cats Grace. Prepare Haste.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Once activated, the hexagon takes two rounds before ascending, then two rounds to reach the next floor...

A few moments after you all step onto the force hexagon, it rapidly climbs up towards the next level. You emerge into another vaulted chamber, though this one comprises the entirety of this level. Four stone platforms jut from the walls fifty feet above the floor. Above these platforms, a pair of open windows in each wall look out over the icy landscape outside. In stark contrast to the warmer air below, the air here is extremely cold.

Six large crystals, glowing with blue radiance, are embedded in the walls--two above the high platforms, and the other four at the floor level. High above, a wide hexagonal opening pierces the ceiling. Beyond, a massive sphere of blue light sheds a dazzling radiance. Bolts of crackling electricity arc from the crystals in the walls to the ball of energy in a rhythmic cycle of thirteen seconds. A howling gale sweeps downwards from the sphere, carrying a rumble of distant thunder.

Another hexagonal control panel sits on the floor beside the opening. The five frozen corpses of fallen adventurers are scattered around the tower floor.

"What is this?" a delicate feminine voice calls down from above. "I didn't know we had visitors. Are you come to give praise to Sithhud?" The owner of the voice steps into view on the eastern high platform. She is a lithe and graceful woman with pale-blue skin marked with white whorls, exceptionally beautiful. Her lustrous midnight hair drifts about her head like wisps of storm clouds, and wings of blue-black feathers spread from her back. Her silvery finger and toe nails glint like razors. She smiles down at you.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival grins at Harlan, "Maybe I should try a mohawk."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve blinks, a little caught off guard - she had been expecting something a bit...else. "Okay, I see why the old man was working for you. On the other hand, we really do need to get to Minkai."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Parity grunts, "Pending fight, huh?". Casts airwalk and then corrosive touch, followed by drinking a potion of divine favor if there is time.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

"Is she another Oni?"Heng whispers to Maeve. "Perhaps we should step off the platform before it disappears again. Do you require assistance,Harlan?" Heng jumps to the southern platform helping Harlan if he wishes and assumes dragon stance.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival steps off the platform as he quickly looks around. "I take it that your name is Katiyana, the drawings we found do not do you justice. Your boyfriend is dead and so is your pet dragon. Will you come quietly or do we have to send you to meet your friends in what ever after life you are doomed to?"


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan quickly moves off the platform.

"Thanks Heng. No flying lessons for me today."

Looking carefully at the woman he attempts to identify her.

K. Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Prof. Cooking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Is she religious, is she edible?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Katiyana's friendly facade cracks for a second, but then her smile returns, wider than before, and she falls into peals of high-pitched, and honestly mirthful, laughter. "'Pet'? 'Boyfriend'?" She wipes a tear from her eye, chuckling and threatening to start laughing once more. "They were my slaves, and enslaved to the rising power of Sithhud. I thank you for ending their miserable lives and delivering their souls into Sithhud's gullet. I will ensure their corpses see continued use in undeath."

She raises her hands, looking up at the sphere as another bolt of lightning strikes it. "His return nears! Once the morozkos are under my complete control, the hungry storms will sweep across Golarion, consuming all in their path... all sacrificed unto Sithhud. Already I have subsumed much of their power. Cast off your fruitless cause, embrace nothingness and revel in the glory of Sithhud's rebirth."

So as to not be devious, I'll assume everyone steps off the platform before 13 seconds have passed... =)


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Harlan Starshine wrote:
Is she religious, is she edible?

Lol! See previous post for 'religious'. You're sure she's edible, but unsure whether sweet or savory. Probably bitter.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Gonna use Lore Master to identify this one. So 30/31.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Maeve:
Katiyana is a half-fiend sylph.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve shakes her head to Heng's question. "Nah, too pretty for that. She's a sylph, probably some otherworldly blood...but I don't think Oni-blooded. No horns or third eye."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"She's probably edible...er...going to eat us. I don't think I can get behind this whole freeze the world thing either."

"Excuse me, miss? We're on a very important mission with our friends and we're wondering if you could hold off on destroying the world until we're done? I'd hate for you to succeed and ruin all of our work but we're terribly busy right now. No?"

Casting Air Walk on Heng. Casually.

Status:

HP = 61/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 49/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 3/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 2/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Katiyana frowns. "You mock me. Why else were you brought to my door, if not to offer your souls and bodies to Sithhud? If you mean to stop me, I welcome you to try. I am infused with the storm's fury, and quite safe from your pitiful band. Hasten to your death, and even your corpses will aid our cause."

She sniffs at the gusting air, and the smile returns to her face. "Ah, the wind tells me your friends await nearby... a whole caravan of morsels upon which to feast."

Note to those with air walk, the winds here are still windstorm strength, and you'll be thrown back if you leave the floor.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

...ouch. Just checked the stats on that, and Windstorm is absolutely no joke. Harlan needs to pass a DC 15 strength check just to not be blown into the walls (and take damage) every round. Everyone else can't move against the wind without making a DC 10 Strength or DC 20 Fly check, the latter at a -8 penalty. No ranged attacks are possible, and sound-based Perception checks are also at a -8 penalty.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 1
HP 58/58, Perform 13/19, AC: 18, 50% Miss Chance

"She's right, we don't stand a chance in this wind!" Maeve moves to the nearest control panel. "Maybe I can..."

Perform maintenance, swift to Arcane Strike on the off chance of a provoke, move to the control panel for this one and UMD to try to mess with it - if there's another floor above, maybe there's a chance of plugging that hole with the platform. Assuming that, even if it can't work, it's the equivalent of a UMD check to work that out.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng looks quizzically at Maeve, "What is a sylph? Never mind, just try and stop the storm."

Heng glances at the assembled corpses. anythin special?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Windstorm strength inside the tower? Guess I didn't gather that from the description. We need to convince her to come and play. Throw Heng and grapple ... who's with me?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

As Maeve begins to fiddle with the panel, a magical glyph enscribed upon it flashes, hitting her with a powerful curse.

Katiyana laughs wickedly, "You cannot stop the storm. Embrace it, or be destroyed!" Lightning crackles from a nearby crystal to the sphere, and the wind blast hits you full force. With the crackling of breaking ice, the frozen corpses animate and move to attack.

Maeve: DC 19 Will save or take a -4 penalty on all attack rolls, skill and ability checks, and saves. Your result here will determine your UMD success.

Unless he orders Sandru to continue holding him, Harlan will need to make the DC 15 Strength checks to avoid getting blown around.

Actions?

Initiative:

Harlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Maeve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Malnival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Parity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Hoarfrosts: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Katiyana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Initiative Order: Katiyana [21], Malnival [18], Hoarfrosts [12], Maeve [10], Heng, Sandru, Harlan [7], Parity [6]


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Always bad when the BBEG wins initiative

Round 1
HP: 81/81
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 2/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 4/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 1/3
Status: resist cold 30, see invisibility, keen edge, divine favor, corrosive touch, airwalk, inspire courage

Parity steps NW and attacks the hoarfrost there with a series of blows.

The Math:

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 76,1d100 ⇒ 36
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 14 + 5d4 ⇒ (8) + (3) + 14 + (4, 2, 2, 4, 1) = 38

To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 74,1d100 ⇒ 48
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (8) + (4) + 14 = 26

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 1
AC:20, hp:49/(49), Ki 6/7, Fire 4/7, dragon style, -2 neg levs

ooooh, i was totally misreading the map. I thought it was all open except the pillars and hexagon (platform) in the middle. can I climb? is there a penalty?
Note I should probably be in the open spot next to Harlan as he just cast a touch spell on me. crappy init, i'm waiting.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Good point... I'll move you over. You can attempt to climb, but the walls (as noted when you entered the tower) are like polished marble. And you'll require the DC 10 Strength check to move into the wind.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Round 1
AC: 30
HP: 61/61

Shield +4 AC, Cats Grace +4 Dex

Cast Haste on party.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

...sorry guys. Saving Finale. Getting this wind down is more important than the +2 from Inspire

Will (retry): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

oooh, haste

Here's another attack then.

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
miss: 1d100 ⇒ 23,1d100 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + (3) + 14 = 18

Subtract 2 from everything above then

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Initiative Order: Katiyana [21], Malnival [18], Hoarfrosts [12], Maeve [10], Heng, Sandru, Harlan [7], Parity [6]

Agreed, Maeve. and here come more damned wights :P
AC should be 21 with the haste.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round One
Initiative Order: Katiyana [21], Malnival [18], Hoarfrosts [12], Maeve [10], Heng, Sandru, Harlan [7], Parity [6]

Katiyana calls out to Sithhud and points down towards the floor with a sweeping gesture. A chill of negative energy sweeps the area, causing you nothing more than discomfort, but visibly empowering the hoarfrost undead.

Spellcraft DC 17:
The spell cast was desecrate.

Malnival boosts the group with magical speed as the hoarfrosts close in. Two claw at Parity, flanking him and managing a grazing hit. Even with the minor wound, Parity feels their freezing touch sap into his body's core. Sandru is also hit, but manages to shake off the paralyzing effect. Others attack Harlan and Maeve without causing harm.

Maeve uses her performance energy to fend off the curse, then throws her focus into completing the panel's combination: a new force hexagon appears in the gap.

At Heng's turn... actions?

Note: the platform will start ascending at the start of round 3.

Dice:
Green vs Parity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 and glaciate (see below)
Yellow vs Parity: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 {miss}
Blue vs Harlan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 {miss}
Orange vs Sandru: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 cold and glaciate
Red vs Maeve: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 {miss}

Glaciate: The hoarfrost's cold-infused touch severely drains your body heat, causing 1 point of Dexterity damage and 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds of paralysis unless a DC 14 Fortitude save negates.

Sandru's Fort save vs glaciate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 {pass}

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

i'm a little lost on what's going on with the tower. is there a side view? what is the next level? sounded like there is just a big storm above. Could I leap at the blue fairy once the platform gets higher? and where the heck is the panel Maeve is working on? seems unclear.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

The next level is where the wind is coming from. The hexagon Maeve just conjured will block it so we can fly up deal with Katiyana, at least while it lasts. Speaking of which, I know your hands count as a Magic weapon, but do you have an actual enhancement bonus Heng?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

There's no plan-form diagram. You are on the bottom of the third level. The ceiling is 100 feet above you. There is another hexagonal hole in it, leading to the top of the tower. The blue sphere is hovering just above this hole (so, about 110 feet up).

The four platforms (NSEW) are fifty feet high. Katiyana is standing on the east platform.

The control panel is on the floor, where Maeve is standing.

You can climb, leap, fly, as you like, but there's a windstorm strength blast of air coming down from the sphere. As Maeve already posted, any upward movement requires a DC 10 Str check, or a DC 20 Fly check if you're airborne (with an additional -8 penalty).

Does that help?

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

ah, so the platform will go all the way up and plug the roof hole killing the wind, is what it sounds like. so i think I should stay down and rush the sylph when the wind stops.

Round 1
AC:21, hp:49/(49), Ki 6/7, Fire 3/7, dragon style, -2 neg levs

Heng steps to Harlan's defense, slipping past the oracle to lay into the frozen dead.
5' step to X-26, attack purple

Flurry 1 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 12
damage 1d10 + 1 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 6 + 2 = 18+ 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Flurry 2 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 15
damage 1d10 + 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 + 2 = 10+ 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire

Flurry 3 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 17
damage 1d10 + 1 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 6 + 2 = 17+ 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire

Flurry 4 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 20
damage 1d10 + 1 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 6 + 2 = 11+ 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire

Haste 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 18
damage 1d10 + 1 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 6 + 2 = 18+ 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Maeve Haela wrote:
I know your hands count as a Magic weapon, but do you have an actual enhancement bonus Heng?

my medallion now gives me a +1 enhancement... which I don't think I've been including. thanks for the reminder.

EDIT- added bonus above


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Sounds like a plan

Round 2
AC: 31
HP: 61/61

Shield +4 AC, Cats Grace +4 Dex, haste, Fly

Malnival moves to assist Parity by flanking the green undead.

5' step

Power Attack #1 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 30
damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Power Attack #2 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Power Attack #3 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

No time for a narrative right now: 5 foot step back, then casting Mirror Image. Stats same as last round, and 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 images.

EDIT: Also, move action to Inspire Courage again and Swift to Arcane Strike in case of AoO


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 1 Init 7

Status:

HP = 61/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 49/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 3/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 2/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

"Hold on Sandru!"

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"She's desecrated this area."

Seeing the fight starting Harlan calls upon his holy weapon to attack the blue skinned woman.

Cast Defensively DC 19: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

wow. apparently I havent been using my updated stat block either... that would have spared me a neg level :/

Round 1
AC:22, hp:56/56(66), Ki 8/9, Stun 8/8, Fire 4/8, dragon style


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Good Morning! =)

Round One, continued...
Initiative Order: Katiyana [21], Malnival [18], Hoarfrosts [12], Maeve [10], Heng, Sandru, Harlan [7], Parity [6]

Heng slips around Harlan, striking down the frozen adventurer with a steady succession of blows. Despite being attacked, Sandru tries to hold Harlan down in the gust, but loses grip. Harlan goes rolling across the floor before he stops against the wall. From there, he still manages to cast a spell up at Katiyana. The force sword misses, however.

Parity shakes off the hoarfrost's touch and retaliates, destroying the undead with a single slice.

Round Two

Katiyana begins a lengthy incantation.

Spellcraft DC 20:
Katiyana is casting summon monster V.

Malnival steps to aid Parity, taking out the second foe with three precise sweeps of his scimitar.

The remaining hoarfrosts attack. One claws at Maeve, but her defensive magic protects her from harm. The other turns around Sandru and screeches out a freezing blast of ice shards, hitting Sandru, Heng and Harlan.

Maeve backs away from the undead and resumes her casting and dancing.

At Heng's turn... actions?

@ Harlan: Take 1d4 ⇒ 2 non-lethal. However, if you intended to roll the Str check but forgot, you can negate the damage with a successful DC 15 check. Future rounds, you can brace against the wall.

Harlan & Sandru: cold breath does 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) = 13 cold damage, DC 17 Reflex save for half. (Heng can pretty much ignore with his cold resist)

Dice:
Sandru Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 {fail}

Red claw 1 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 {miss}
Red claw 2 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24; Blink: 1d100 ⇒ 5; Blur: 1d100 ⇒ 12 {miss}

Sandru Reflex save vs Orange's breath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 {pass}


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

STR DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Ref DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Status:

HP = 54/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 49/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 3/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 2/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 6/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

Wasn't sure with Sandru holding on if I'd have to make the strength check or not.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

If he succeeded, no... but he did not. Also, it's DC 15.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Round 3
AC: 31
HP: 61/61

Shield +4 AC, Cats Grace +4 Dex, haste, Fly

Move to attack undead on Maeve.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 27

Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,873 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.