Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,873 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

The force hexagon rises quickly, moving up a hundred feet in about thirteen seconds, where it comes to a stop. Thirteen seconds later, the hexagon dissipates.

Now that she has activated it once, Maeve can do so again with a little time and concentration. (You can Take 20 on your UMD check)

All aboard?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, while the force hexagon is ascending, it blocks the flow of air from above. Once it disappears, the gale resumes.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

A little more fiddling around, and Maeve gets the platform back. She hops on as quickly as she can, motioning the others over. "I don't think it's working right, I can't make it last longer."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng looks questioningly at Maeve, "But did it reach the next level before it disappeared?"

GMNom- can we see an opening where the hex came to rest? blame it on exposure to Grimtooth's traps at a young age, but that would be a really great old school trap ; )


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

I have the newest trap book, I'll second making sure it doesn't just dissapear. :D

Harlan scrambles through his packs.

"Mal, Mal! I forgot I have this. We found a scroll with a prayer that will make you feel better. Get rid of the last of that icky death thing."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

LOL! Yes, by the light of the ball way above, you can see the hexagon stops at an open area above.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

"By all means. Let us restore Malnival and then make our way up."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Harlan Starshine wrote:
"Mal, Mal! I forgot I have this. We found a scroll with a prayer that will make you feel better. Get rid of the last of that icky death thing."

Did you have a restoration scroll all this time?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11
DM NomadSage wrote:


Did you have a restoration scroll all this time?

Yes I did. I don't remember where we got it but I woke up at 4 this morning thinking "Don't we have a scroll of restoration?"


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

I have felt like part of me stayed where ever I was after my death. Hopefully this magic will reconnect me with the part of my soul that is missing."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Harlan Starshine wrote:
DM NomadSage wrote:


Did you have a restoration scroll all this time?
Yes I did. I don't remember where we got it but I woke up at 4 this morning thinking "Don't we have a scroll of restoration?"

I'm pretty sure it never appeared as a loot drop; you must have purchased it along the way. Kalsgard?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Looks like we found it under the priests bed back in Brinewall Castle?

Loot


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Bam! There it is! =) That was a while back...


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Now you see how I forgot about it.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Parity casts keen edge before hopping on the force-vater

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Heng wrote:
"By all means. Let us restore Malnival and then make our way up."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

After Harlan uses the scroll to restore Malnival, Maeve activates the panel again, causing a new force hexagon to appear. You all hop on, feeling a giddy drop in your stomachs as the platform starts to rapidly ascend. The forceful wind from above grows steadily stronger, noisier, and strangely warmer as you emerge onto the second floor. The tower's central hexagonal shaft is open to this chamber on three sides, but the northern sides continue up to a third level above. To the northeast and northwest, hexagonal portals stand in the walls, both filled with featureless, opaque crystal.

The most striking feature of this room is the immense centipede-like beast coiled in west corner. As soon as you emerge, it rapidly moves to strike. Rows of chitinous plates along its back begin to glow with intense heat. {PIC}

Knowledge (arcana) DC 22:
This magical beast is a remorhaz, an ancient species of arctic predators. Their bodies are known to produce intense heat, burning those who touch and damaging weapons that strike.

Initiative:

Harlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Maeve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Malnival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Parity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Remorhaz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Initiative Order: Heng, Harlan [13], Malnival [12], Remorhaz [9], Parity [8], Maeve [5]

Actions?


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 1
HP: 58/58, AC: 14, Performance: 15/18

Knowledge: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Was 12 before editing, and I'm sticking with that.

Maeve frowns. "Dammit, this headache isn't helping things...I know I know this one...oh well." Even as she mumbles, she starts up her quick dancing again while rummaging through her pack.

Drawing a Liquid Ice while starting Performance and swift to activate Crane Style

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Init Order: Heng, Harlan [13], Malnival [12], Remorhaz [9], Parity [8], Maeve [5]

Round 1
AC:26/20, hp:44/(49), Ki 6/7, Fire 4/7, dragon style, -2 neg levs

Heng leaps off the platform and gestures to draw the strange monster from the corner. He assumes dragon stance and roars a challenge while prepared to dodge any strike.

Heng moves to J25, dragon stance, total defense.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 1
HP: 81/81
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 2/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 4/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 1/3
Status: resist cold 30, see invisibility, keen edge, mirror image?(2)

How long since the last fight ... would mirror image (8 mins) still be up?

Parity moves to Heng (or wherever the creature ends up since it goes before him) and attacks the beast channeling corrosive touch

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 6;1d100 ⇒ 28
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 11 + 5d4 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 11 + (2, 2, 2, 1, 1) = 23

whiiffff!


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Knowledge Arcana:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Malnival moves forward casting a spell as he strikes at the giant worm.

Attack:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Shacking Grasp: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 1, 6) = 20

Note: My Init is now +6 normaly.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 1 Init 13

Status:

HP = 61/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 52/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 4/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 4/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

Sorry for the delay, thread was hidden for some reason.

Seeing his friends spring into action as the beast begins to uncoil Harlan gets off the platform and fires his crossbow at it.

+1 Light Crossbow PBS Precise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round One
Initiative Order: Malnival [14], Heng, Harlan [13], Remorhaz [9], Sandru, Parity [8], Maeve [5]

Heng falls back, trying to draw the creature out, while Malnival charges in, striking with an electrically-charged scimitar. Harlan shuffles back, firing his crossbow and clipping the monster's head with a bolt. It screeches and moves lashes out, chomping down and clamping its jaws tight around Malnival.

Sandru moves up to the corner, hiding behind cover and waiting for an opportune strike. Parity moves in, slashing but unable to cut through its thick carapace. Maeve begins dancing.

Dice:
Remorhaz vs Malnival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33; Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 {fail}; Damage: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) + 9 = 23
Grab: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

Malnival is grappled. Also, need a DC 19 Fortitude save for your scimitar or it takes 8d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 1, 5, 1, 2, 3) = 21 fire damage.

@ Parity: Say 5 minutes have passed since the first combat.

Actions for R2?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 2 Init 13

Status:

HP = 61/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 51/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 4/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 4/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

Seeing Mal hurt Harlan limps closer and fires again.

Move 5' closer and fire.

+1 Light Crossbow PBS Precise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Init Order: Heng, Harlan [13], Malnival [12], Remorhaz [9], Parity [8], Maeve [5]

Round 2
AC:26/20, hp:44/(49), Ki 6/7, Fire 4/7, dragon style, -2 neg levs

Upon seeing Malnival's scimitar grow cherry red and start smoldering, Heng frowns down at his own fists and grabs his sling. "Perhaps we should conserve our resources for whatever greater threat lies above. Sandru, Maeve do not linger on the platform. Can you open the portal behind us?"

Heng 5' to J26, fire sling.

sling 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 - 4 = 22
damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

confirm? 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 - 4 = 14
damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 1
HP: 58/58, AC: 14, Performance: 15/18

"Too late!" Maeve shouts even while shifting position towards the south wall. "Mal's looking a little busy!" She cocks back and makes ready to throw the missle. "Not like this stuff's going to do a lot of good against anything else up here."

Inspire Courage, then move and toss the Liquid Ice
Ranged Touch1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Cold.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 2
HP: 81/81
AC: 21 (18 no shield)
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 2/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 4/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 1/3
Status: resist cold 30, see invisibility, keen edge, mirror image (3 mins)(2 images)

Parity frowns, thinking.

Another dragon, Suishen? Or something else?

Not sure if there's enough info to Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

He rails at it dropping his shield and using power attack 2-handed.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 59;1d100 ⇒ 24
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 14 = 16

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 80;1d100 ⇒ 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 14 = 21

Sec Crit Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (8) + (7) + 16 = 31


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12Looks like my scimitar did not make it. Not sure what happens to it now.

Malnival draws his dagger and begins to cast a spell.
Concentration: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16
He stabs at the monster with his dagger, the blade arcing with electricity.

1st Attack:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 +2
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3Edit:New damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Empowered Shocking Grasp:5d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 6, 1) = 17 X 1.5 =28

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17[ooc]Guess that blade is gone also. Edit +9 to sv= 26 save successful.

Edit:Ah ok then my damage and stuff changes.

Second attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Scimitar would probably be fine. Hardness 10 and 5 hp, energy attacks do half damage before hardness so 11 damage minus 10 is 1 hp damage. If it's +1 then you add 2 to the hardness and hp and take no damage. Even then it's only Broken until you get to 0 hp.

How to lose your sword in Pathfinder.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Harlan gets a cookie! I forgot about the half-damage thing. So Mal's weapons survive (if damaged). However comma Malnival is still grappled, and loses the spell during casting (DC 28 Concentration check). I re-rolled your damage, though, assuming you'd have kept with the better weapon...

Parity:
Something else, indeed.

Round Two
Initiative Order: Malnival [14], Heng, Harlan [13], Remorhaz [9], Sandru, Parity [8], Maeve [5]

Pulled in close by the monster's pincer jaws, Malnival slashing down hard onto its head. He tries to channel a spell through the blade, but is jostled too aggressively. Heng and Harlan batter it with missiles, but the thing continues to pull Malnival in. With a sudden twitch, Malnival disappears down the beast's throat.

Sandru shouts and rounds the corner, leaving a jagged wound along its side. Parity attacks with Suishen, deflecting the first swing harmlessly of its carapace, but the follow-up finds a soft crease between harder segments. The terrible wound spews scalding innards, steaming into the frigid air with a vile stench.

Maeve hurls an alchemical vial, splashing it across its back, but the liquid has no discernible effect.

Although terribly wounded, the creature still fights.

Dice:
Mal's scimitar damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16

Swallow Whole (grapple) vs Malnival: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28; Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17

Sandru vs Remorhaz: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23; Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Weapons: DC 19 Fort save or take 8d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 6, 2, 1, 3, 6) = 32 / 2 = 16 fire damage

Actions for R3? Malnival is considered grappled, and burning up from the intense heat.

Also, Harlan moved back on to the platform... which will disappear on the 13th second, the start of R3. You'll need a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling 100 feet.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Oh crap!


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Malnival Selintin wrote:
Oh crap!

Indeed! FYI.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 3
AC:20, hp:44/(49), Ki 6/7, Fire 4/7, dragon style, -2 neg levs, inspired

Heng winces at apparently seeing Malnival die once again. He is quickly brought back as Harlan forgetfully steps onto the flickering platform. Heng steps over and pulls the healer to safety.

don't think I can fail a grapple or whatever.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Heng wrote:
don't think I can fail a grapple or whatever.

No, but the panel disappears at the start of the round, before your action. I'll allow the assist, but treat it as an 'Aid Other' to grant a +2 to Harlan's roll, if you make a DC 10 Reflex save.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival lets go of his scimitar and draws his dagger using his magus knowledge to empower the blade with the power of lightning.

1st attack:: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Shock 1d6 ⇒ 4

2nd attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Shock 1d6 ⇒ 6

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

ref 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

near can't fail that either.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 3
HP: 58/58, AC: 14, Performance: 14/18

"Okay, so that didn't work." She decides to withdraw that old standby, a vial of acid. "Let's try this. LET HIM GO!" She screams the last, before sending the vial at the beast's mouth.

Move to pull the acid, then toss. Maintaining performance.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 acid.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 3
HP: 81/81
AC: 21 (18 no shield)
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 2/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 4/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 1/3
Status: resist cold 30, see invisibility, keen edge, mirror image (3 mins)(2 images)

Suishen save vs badness (assuming all its saves are +12 based on CL:20 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23; still not sure what it would take as damage, though, have to calculate hardness (14?) and hps.

Did Mal just disappear? Or is he ... no ...

"Time to carve my friend out of you"

Slashing at the head, Parity again beats on the beast (Missed inspire last round, added in)

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 32;1d100 ⇒ 24
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 16 = 22

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 31;1d100 ⇒ 43
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 16 = 18

Are there ninjas nearby?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Three

Inside the monster's gullet, Malnival pulls his dagger and stabs viciously left and right, and apparently hitting something vital on the way. The massive creature convulses violently. Before Sandru or Parity can even strike again, it twists and flips onto its back with a dying warble. Unceremoniously, Malnival comes spewing forth.

End of Combat!

... though still need to resolve Harlan's save.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

I guess I didn't specify but I can't possibly imagine Harlan stepping on to the platform after saying everybody should get off, I meant to have him step diagonal. Either way I guess let's see if I die now.

Ref DC 10: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival leaps to his feet, dagger still in hand and sways a bit as he looks back at the beast then back at his friends. Much of his skin is burnt and a wild look is in the elf's eyes. "Holy shiza! That thing fargin ate me! "


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve blinks at Mal's response to that whole thing. "...uhm...yeah. Are you badly injured? Did it hurt?" Overall she seems a little overwhelmed by this. "Maybe this trip was a bad idea for you - that's not going to be our last dragon and stuff like this keeps happening..."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng grabs the halfling's arm as Harlan leaps back from the disappearing platform. "Harlan, watch where you are stepping." and always be specific about where you move so as not to tempt the GM...

"I am glad to see that Malnival somehow survived that. He must need some healing." I should prob top off my meager hp as well. stupid wights...


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11
Heng wrote:

Heng grabs the halfling's arm as Harlan leaps back from the disappearing platform. "Harlan, watch where you are stepping." and always be specific about where you move so as not to tempt the GM...

I thought about it when I originally posted but didn't think he was quite so devious until I saw the latest map. ;)

"Mal, I'm not sure why you'd want to experience my cooking from the side of the food but if you are going to keep doing it let me get my spices."

Seeing the group is fairly injured Harlan will channel positive energy for them, excluding the wyrm.

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 1) = 12

And follows with a healing spell for Mal.

CCW: 4d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1) + 9 = 21

Staus:

HP = 61/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 49/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 3/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 3/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

"Anybody still injured?"

Looking over Mal's damaged sword.

By my calculations even if you failed the last save your sword is at 3 HP because it is +1 correct? If so I have the caster level to repair it with a few applications of mending, healing 1d4 ⇒ 3 it completely with two castings 1d4 ⇒ 2. Does that look correct Nomad?


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Strange situation, It was a +3 at the time so does that change to temporary hp?

Malnival just looks at the others as they talk to him until after Harlan heals him. The elf turns to the giant worm and begins to cut on it, working his way into the beast. "Left my scimitar in that son of ma batch."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

I wasn't trying to be devious. See, I just figured Harlan got caught up in the combat, distracted by Malnival getting swallowed, and lost track of his footing. =) Stuff like that happens all the time in RL!

Besides, unless you're wounded, a 100 ft drop at this level is more of an inconvenience than a death sentence. ;p

RE: weapon damage, does the temporary magus enhancement bonus affect weapon damage? I'd say yes, but I don't know if there's an official ruling. Fortunately, this shouldn't come up often. =) As it is, the mendings will fully repair it.

Looking around this room, you find another hexagonal panel on the wall adjacent to each of the hexagonal doors. The two doors are comprised of an unidentifiable opaque crystal.

The dead worm beast has three-fingered symbols of Sithhud branded onto its back plates. With a little (gruesome) work, Malnival retrieves his scimitar.

A hundred feet overhead, another hexagonal opening leads to a third level. The wind gusting down from above remains strong enough to buffett you around, and cause Harlan balance issues. The wind creates a constant howling, punctuated by the cracks and pops of lightning striking the glowing sphere, far above.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Just teasing, after I hit submit I was thinking "I should've said where I stepped" and honestly it's the sort of thing Harlan would forget in his excitement to finally shoot something.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"Get to work on these door panels? I'm guessing we need to find another force-lift."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve frowns, looking over the new panels for any new wrinkles before she tries to get to work.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Maeve Haela wrote:
Maeve frowns, looking over the new panels for any new wrinkles before she tries to get to work.

These panels light up like the one downstairs, but have a more complex series of options.

Maeve:
UMD DC 25 to activate a descending platform (you can Take 20 on this option)
UMD DC 25 to activate an ascending platform. A 2nd successful check can add a protective shelter to the platform.
UMD DC 30 to open the doors.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

GM:
Does Maeve think that this thing is at least partially in one of the other rooms, and that there might be more control to get at from there. Or, for that matter, that the zappy thing above them might be in one of those rooms, even partially, based on what she's seen?

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,873 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.