Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,873 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 2
HP: 47/63, AC: 14, 20% Miss Chance, Performance 18/19

Maeve shifts her stance a little bit, to begin letting her magic flow. With a moment of concentration she sends Dancing Butterfly spinning around her, and weaving a spell around herself as well, but the spell is quickly lost

Swift to start Dancing Butterfly, move to activate Inspire Courage, and a Standard to cast Mirror Image defensively.

Concentration (DC 19): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Fail
Reflex (Parity): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 ....fail unless you'll allow Saving Finale to not provoke

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

reflex 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Round 2
AC:20, hp:49/54(59), Ki 6/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 6/7

Feeling flames lick up his back Heng is distracted long enough for the wight to slash him and draw off a modicum of the monk's ki essence. "Parity, quench your flame! There is insufficient space for burning auras!" Heng calls upon the dragon's fury as he shifts to defend Maeve's back creating an opening for Malnival.
Dragon style, move 5, flurry on purple wight.

Flurry #1 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #2 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
damage 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire

Flurry #3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire

Flurry #4 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire

I've heard of friendly fire, but this is ridiculous...


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Harlan holding until your turn?

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

oops. forgot to subtract -1 to my attack rolls for the neg level, but also forgot to add +2 for Maeve's inspiration... so +1 to all attack results above.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Maeve Haela wrote:
....fail unless you'll allow Saving Finale to not provoke

You can use it, if you choose, though you'd have to cancel your Inspire.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Round 1
HP: 81/81
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 2/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3

If Parity can cancel the aura before it procs, he will, otherwise ...

Aura damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 + Reflex save DC16 or catch fire to all within 5 feet.

With a groan and a rare flush of embarrassment for making a mistake on the battlefield, Parity, overused to fighting by himself, cancels his aura and takes out his aggression on the nearest baddies (red then orange).

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 97;1d100 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 13 = 20

Secondary Attackt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 70;1d100 ⇒ 38
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 13 = 20
(5 fire)

Crit Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (1) + (3) + 15 = 19
(3 fire)

If that drops him, cleaving finish

Math 2:

To hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (8) + (10) + 13 = 31


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||
DM NomadSage wrote:
Maeve Haela wrote:
....fail unless you'll allow Saving Finale to not provoke
You can use it, if you choose, though you'd have to cancel your Inspire.

Yeah, the way I read it is that the Inspire would only work until the start of Parity's turn, when the save has to be made. IE, that was for this round, not the round of activation.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11
DM NomadSage wrote:
Harlan holding until your turn?

Yeah, I want to see what the wights do first, and trying to mentally count how many gold pieces worth of diamonds we have in inventory. :D


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Harlan Starshine wrote:
DM NomadSage wrote:
Harlan holding until your turn?
Yeah, I want to see what the wights do first, and trying to mentally count how many gold pieces worth of diamonds we have in inventory. :D

Keep in mind, the diamonds are only required for permanent negative levels.

EDIT: Mis-read... the 1,000 gp is for permanent, but regular casts cost 100 gp.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Don't Restoration spells take three rounds to cast anyway? Hold off on that till after the fight.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Parity wrote:
If Parity can cancel the aura before it procs, he will, otherwise ...

Dismissing a spell is "at will", so you can do that before your turn (and Maeve can keep her performance going...)


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11
DM NomadSage wrote:
Harlan Starshine wrote:
DM NomadSage wrote:
Harlan holding until your turn?
Yeah, I want to see what the wights do first, and trying to mentally count how many gold pieces worth of diamonds we have in inventory. :D
Keep in mind, the diamonds are only required for permanent negative levels.

For permanent levels it's 1,000 gold in diamond dust but for temporary it's still 100 gold in diamond dust.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Gah! Ninja'd my edit, lol!


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11
Maeve Haela wrote:
Don't Restoration spells take three rounds to cast anyway? Hold off on that till after the fight.

I'm not going to waste time restoring while the wights are still up, but I want to know what they're doing before I decide to channel for heals or channel for harms.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round One, continued...
Initiative Order: Sandru, Frost Wights [21], Maeve, Heng [19], Harlan [13], Malnival, Parity [5]

Immediately after landing, Malnival slashes out, striking the nearest undead with a precise hit. Parity finishes it off with a devastating cut, dropping it to the stone floor in two pieces. His follow-through to the next target gets sidestepped.

Round Two

Sandru reels from the draining claws, but retaliates stubbornly taking advantage of its flanked position. He hits with his scimitar hard, nearly dropping the foe.

The undead attack, shifting positions to close around you. Maeve's attacker gets tangled in the fray, spoiling its own attack, while opposite, she easily dances out of the second foe's reach. Sandru ducks and dodges his own attacker. Heng, pressed in by two, again avoids one attack, but gets raked by the other; more life energy is drained away.

Maeve activates her outfit, bringing a blurring aspect into her dance, making her difficult to target, but her attempt to cast a spell is spoiled by her vigorous motion.

Penned in, Heng can only lash out at his nemesis, landing two crunching hits on the frigid corpse. It reels, eye motes flickering, but continues to claw at the monk.

@ Harlan's turn... actions for R2/3?

Dice:
Sandru vs Green: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 34; Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 {fail}; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 4) = 14 sneak attack

Blue vs Maeve: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 {miss}
Yellow vs Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 {miss}
Magenta vs Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 {fail}; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, plus 1 level drained
Green vs Sandru: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 {miss}
Orange vs Maeve: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 {miss}


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Round 2
HP: 81/81
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 3/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3
Status: resist cold 30, see invisibility, mirror images: 3

Attacking to the right first until it's down and then to the left

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 66;1d100 ⇒ 100
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + (4) + 13 = 22

Secondary Attackt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 71;1d100 ⇒ 71
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 13 = 20


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 2

Status:

HP = 53/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 52/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 6/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 4/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

Seeing that the wights are far less effective than Parity at damaging his friends, Harlan grits his teeth through the rising smoke of his flesh and calls upon the light of his goddess to purge the undead from this place.

Channel to Harm Undead: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 4) = 18

DC 19 Will for 1/2


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Round 2
AC 23
HP: 52/52

5'Step to P10
Full Attack on Yellow

Power Attack #1: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 14


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Yaay for quick replies! =) Posting R2-3...

Round Two, continued...

Harlan calls forth a burst of holy energy over the melee, a flash of much-missed sunlight that burns at the undead attackers. Still, the powerful channeling is resisted by some kind of baneful presence surrounding the area. Even so, the holy burst burns two of them into dust.

Malnival steps over the fallen undead to strike down the next in line. Parity spins, slashing down and finishing off yet another foe, leaving just one standing.

Round Three

Sandru steps up, attacking with his scimitar, but the lone undead dodges aside of the swing. It continues to harry Heng, but he easily evades the claws.

@ Maeve's turn...

Dice:
]Magenta Will save vs Harlan's channel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Yellow Will save vs Harlan's channel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Blue Will save vs Harlan's channel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Green Will save vs Harlan's channel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Orange Will save vs Harlan's channel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9... what terrible rolls, lol!

Sandru vs Yellow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14 {miss}

Yellow vs Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 {miss}

7 rolls in the single digits... sheesh!

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 3
AC:20, hp:44/49(59), Ki 5/7, Fire 4/7, dragon style, inspired, 2 neg levs

Feeling his vital essence ebbing with each strike of the dead man's claws, Heng redoubles his efforts with a blinding series of burning strikes on the remaining frozen corpse.

Flurry #1 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 20
damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #2 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 20
damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #3 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 23
damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #4 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 17
damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Ki Flurry 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 24
damage 1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

hmmm, looks like I jumped the gun. well, i'm finally swinging if there are any left.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Heng will basically annihilate the last wight, unless Maeve has something special first... otherwise, End of Combat!


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Nope, nothing special here! Was just asleep.

As soon as the last wight is down, Maeve collapses against a wall before sliding down. [b]"...ugh...what else can go wrong.[/ooc]

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng watches Maeve droop with sympathy, "I too, feel oddly drained. I am sorry I did not spot those undead before I called you all across. Let me make sure there are no more threats while we recover."

Heng circles clockwise around the tower making sure there are no more surprises. perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Hold one, let me heal everybody a bit."

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 2) = 16

"If we had diamond dust I could remove that drained feeling, I know the prayer to do so but I forgot to look for diamond dust in town."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"...oh, is that why I feel like taking a nap until the next apocalypse?" Maeve pushes herself off the wall, eyes crossing and uncrossing a few times. Probably a conscious affectation, but who knows for sure. "There may be some in my jewelry we can grind up, but that's all back at the wagon. And it probably won't be enough for more than one casting."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Are you ok to continue?"

Harlan looks concerned at those who have been drained.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve shakes her head. "No choice, right? But it would be nice to catch my breath...if I could."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng shrugs, "I am not at my best, however we must press on."

GMNom- if the last wight went down before my ki bonus strike, i'll save the point for later.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Yeah, you basically dropped it with the first hit. =)

With light and no further distraction of combat, you get a better look at the tower's interior. The walls are black basalt, uncannily smooth and coated in ice. You see no seams in the construction, as if the entire tower were built from a single piece. The cieling is a hundred feet above, giving all sounds in the tower a odd echo.

The entrance room is now empty, but for the aforementioned snowdrifts. Likewise, the larger room to the west is empty. Heng sees nothing of danger, and no large drifts to hide stealthy foes.

To the east, the room is dominated by a massive plant form, alien in appearance and covered in frost. The thing is in the basic shape of a tree, but covered in bulbous blossoms. Worse, a gaping maw at the end of the trunk looks capable of swallowing a humanoid whole. Its tentacle-like branches stand nearly thirty feet in height, and its truck is more than five feet across. It is unmoving and appears frozen. {PIC}

Knowledge (nature) DC 23:
Based on its description, you think this might be a variant of the moonflower, a dangerous carnivorous plant.

The northern-most room appears to be both a storeroom and a midden. Piles of alien-looking equipment and detrius are scattered throughout. Curiously, there is also a hexagonal panel of crystal, 13 inches across, set onto the wall beside the door to the central room.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 18:
Many of these items are curios and artifacts from the Nameless Spires, and while non-magical, could be quite valuable.

Lastly, the central room is empty, but has no ceiling. Instead, it forms a smooth-walled shaft that rises through the tower's interior. From the bottom, you can see the crackling blue sphere hanging in the air, high above. Gale-strength winds blast down the shaft from above, spilling through the hexagonal doors into the north and south rooms.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Maeve looks over the creature in the eastern room with a frown and a rub of her forehead. "I think that thing eats people, and after the frozen corpses I'd rather not start with the assumption that just because it looks like a festival treat that it won't try to kill us."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8
Harlan Starshine wrote:

"Are you ok to continue?"

Harlan looks concerned at those who have been drained.

Sandru looks pale and fatigued, but he nods.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

When it comes to the hexagonal panel, Maeve frowns even more, this time obviously trying to concentrate. "Okay, now just what are you...?"

Detect Magic on the panel, and I'll be napping for a few hours.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Maeve:
The panel raidates faint magic, but the type is indeterminate.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Many of these items are curios and artifacts from the Nameless Spires, and while non-magical, could be quite valuable.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Right...." Maeve says, distracted by the hexagon. "What are you..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

While examining the panel, Maeve's hand brushes close to it, causing it to illuminate with a dull, white light. Runes of an unrecognized, alien language appear in a circle on the panel.

Maeve:
You aren't sure what it is, exactly, but you can probably activate it with a DC 25 UMD check.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve starts slowly running her hands over the runes. "Okay...let's see here....this rune goes here, this one goes here....invert this one...no, no, it's left-to-right, not right-to-left...."

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan carefully covers the area with his crossbow, concern for his brother Sandru clear on his face.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng keeps a suspicious eye on the otherwordly plant, "I am certain that this is not natural either."

as Cat Stevens might sing:
I'm being swallowed by a moonflower, mooonflower, moonflow-mmmph...


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

"So nothing but a tree and some strange device that for some Pharasma knows reason, we are letting Maeve play with? Hopefully it brings up some stairs."

Sorry I've been silent ... knee surgery yesterday and anesthesia makes me a bit sick, so motivation to post was low. Back up!


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

As Maeve works through combinations on the panel, one sequence elicits a different reaction. You all see a glowing blue hexagon of force appear on the floor of the central room, wide enough to fill the entire space.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng's focus turns nervously to the glowing hex, "You do know what you are doing Maeve, correct?"


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival moves over to Maeve and watches over her shoulder.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Not a clue," Maeve 'admits' somewhat jokingly. "I'm not positive but it appears to be based on ancient Azlanti or Thassilonian magical patterns, albiet with some mutation or outside influence..." and then the patterns click and the hexagon appears. "Got it!" A long pause. "...now I just need to figure out what 'it' is, but unless I completely miss my guess it's probably some form of conveyance. There's no other possible way up after all, unless you can fly."


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

" I am still recovering from my death and haven't learned the spell yet."

Learned it for the level up, but have not gained the level do to needing the restoration.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Negative levels don't block spell access anymore. They reduce level-based variables, but you get your full allotment.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

WOw! Did Not know that!Ok then I will fix my spells.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

After thirteen seconds, the force hexagon begins to ascend.

Also, you realize that flying up the shaft will be exceptionally difficult against the force of the downdraft.

DC 20 Fly check, with a -8 penalty


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve watches the energy platform rise in silence. "I'm reasonably sure I can get it back down here and do it again," she mumbles after a few moments.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng frowns, but nods. "It would appear that the strange disc would be our best way up. Recall it and we will prepare to board."

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,873 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.