Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


951 to 1,000 of 1,873 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival laughs and shrugs. "You mean there is another way?"


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

"Who knew?" Parity smiles thinly.


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8

Sandru shrugs and steps forward. "I will go, if you wish me to, though there will be fewer to defend the wagons should they come under attack. Perhaps Kelda should stay instead." He gives the Ulfen woman a wink.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"...wait, there's another way to deal with it?" Maeve asks, seemingly sincerely.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

"Disarming traps would be a novel approach," Heng agrees. "Are you able to do that, Sandru?"

I believe swashbuckler gives up trapfinding and trap sense. :P


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8

"Oh, what? Traps? I can handle locks and such, but I never learned much about complex or magical traps."

Yeah, I forgot... =)


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Meh, Trapfinding and Trap Sense are nice, but Disable Device in any numbers is good enough if you're careful for non-magical traps, and Harlan's got magical traps well enough.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Take him, still. We could use his skills even just a little.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

How do I have magical traps? Other than "Send Parity into it".

Harlan squints and clearly isn't comfortable bringing Sandru any more than he is leaving the others behind.

"I feel like there's no right answer here. Are we leaving the caravan here or having it circle then?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

"There likely are not any right answers, Harlan. Too much is unknown. I feel though that it may be better for the caravan to stay in place. At least that way they will not fall into any hidden crevices and perhaps there is less chance of attracting the worm's attention is all is quiet and still on the surface."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Wandering around without us is likely more dangerous than hunkering down in place. We should move quickly to the spire though and not allow them to discover or focus on the caravan.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The Storm Tower

You gather your things and leave the caravan behind. Away from its protection and shelter, you face the full brunt of the polar night and high elevation. It takes about two hours to near the Storm Tower. As you get closer, you make out more details. It is constructed of black basalt, hexagonal in shape. The light above is a crackling ball of blue energy, floating just above the tower's roof; it has no apparent source. The storm clouds circle violently overhead, and even at the surface, the winds increase in severity the closer you get.

The smell hits you before you see it: the tower is surrounded by a lake of the same black slush you encountered days ago. A crumbling stone causeway leads across the lake toward a gaping hexagonal opening in the wall at the base of the tower.

You are currently at the edge of the lake.

Cold: for each hour, you require a DC 15 Fortitude save or take 1d6 ⇒ 3 (hour 1) and 1d6 ⇒ 2 (hour 2) non-lethal damage. Don't forget to include bonuses from Survival skill, cold-weather gear, or magic items. Note: it's too cold for endure elements to work.

Elevation: for each hour, you require a DC 15 Fortitude save or become fatigued.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Parity casts resist cold, airwalk, see invis.

"Do we have enough to fly across, Harlan?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Note: winds are severe (40-50 mph); air walk may not be advisable.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Scratch airwalk then. Thx.

Does cold resistance negate the need for the extreme cold saves?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The RAW is unclear, but I think it would offset it some, at a minimum... say a bonus to your save equal to the resist amount, which is basically an auto-success at your level.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Fortitude 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Fortitude 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 For cold

For Elevation:
Fortitude 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Fortitude 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

By the time they get to the edge of the lake, Maeve is breathing heavily and looking a little dizzy. "I think....once we're...out of the cold...I need a break..."


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Malnival bends at the waste and puts his hands on his knees but still manages to grin at Maeve. "Thought...I was... the only...one. Fargin cold."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Immune to fatigue.

"It doesn't seem that bad..."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Elevation

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8

Cold 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Cold 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Elevation 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Elevation 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Sandru looks positively miserable, but keeps up with you in resilient silence. Shivering, breathing heavy, unable to catch up his breath, he looks across the causeway. "S-s-straight on, th-th-then?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

elevation 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
elevation 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Although he has spent the last few years at much lower elevations, Heng finds that he yet remains acclimated after a childhood spent in the Tusk Mountains.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Sandru Vhiski *DM* wrote:
Sandru looks positively miserable, but keeps up with you in resilient silence. Shivering, breathing heavy, unable to catch up his breath, he looks across the causeway. "S-s-straight on, th-th-then?"

Heng frowns, but nods as he takes the lead, his eyes peeled for trouble.

perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Cautiously, you move out onto the stone causeway. The blocks comprising the causeway are perfectly square, but for the crumbling corners, and span an even thirteen feet wide the entire distance towards the tower. Most of it is intact, but sporadic sections are falling away, requiring you to jump across cracks filled with the odorous black slush.

Heng:
You spy some ripples on the surface of the slush lake, similar to the previous lake.

The winds continue to increase in strength as you near the tower, enough to make you lean into it for balance. Harlan has a struggle just staying upright, but Sandru keeps close and helps.

As you near the base of the Storm Tower, you see the last span to the hexagonal entrance is a five-foot break in the causeway. Within, you see only darkness and shadow.

Heng & Malnival:
With your dark/low-light vision, you can see a little better inside; its an open chamber, empty but for high snow drifts in the corners. There are three exits, left right and center, going further into the tower.

Map sent... actions?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Still too windy for wind walk here?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

With the wind plastering his metal-reinforced cloak to his side, Parity yells out over the gale "We need to get inside and get out of this mess! Can we jump the gap?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Heng and I can!" Maeve shouts. "I don't know about the rest of you, and Harlan's hopeless in this wind without some kind of help!"


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

"Tie a rope around him! And pull!"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Harlan Starshine wrote:
Still too windy for wind walk here?

Yes. Even without wind walk, you're on the verge of getting blown away.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng distributes rope to those behind him and yells to be heard over the howling wind. "Tie this around your waist. I can easily make the jump and assist you across. Do not touch the slush."

Heng then leaps across and after making sure the way is clear, turns to assist the others.
take 10 = 33


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve makes the leap easily herself.

Take 10 = 27


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan ties the rope as securely as he can and waits his turn to cross. Probably in the middle.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

"The halfling is probably better off than the blind man ..." Parity mutters before he takes a running leap.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Heng and Maeve jump over the gap easily, and with a sharp tug, assist Harlan over. Parity makes a nervous leap, but clears it without trouble. The room is trapezoidal in shape, with windblown piles of snow in the corners. Even being inside is no respite from the wind, as a powerful gust blows out of the northern hexagon.

Just as Malnival and Sandru are readying to jump, gaunt figures burst from the snow drifts, and come rushing in from the side rooms. They are clearly walking corpses, but move with unholy speed. Their skin is covered in ice, and their eyes glow pale blue.

They swipe icy claws at Heng and Parity, but miss in their starved haste. However, Maeve is clawed from behind, and she feels not only burning cold, but the deeper chill of her very life essence being drained away.

Note, as of yet, there's no light source inside the tower, so Maeve/Harlan/Sandru cannot see the threats (can see the eyes, though). All: DC 25 Perception checks to act in the surprise round.

DM Only:
Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Initiative:

Harlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Maeve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Malnival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Parity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Frost Wights: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Sandru: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Initiative Order: Sandru, Frost Wights [21], Maeve, Heng [19], Harlan [13], Malnival, Parity [5]

When you can see them...

Knowledge (religion) DC 19:
These can only be frost wights, cold-infused variants of the undead monsters. Their bodies and attacks radiate freezing cold, but are vulnerable to fire.

Dice:
Magenta vs Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 {miss}
Green vs Maeve: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 cold, plus 1 level drained.
Red vs Parity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 {miss}

Actions for Surprise and/or R1? Don't forget your fatigue...


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Jump with running start: Take 10+5=15


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

No save against the level drain? Be sure to check the whole stat block, it's usually not on the line with the damage.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The way I read the ability, the level drain is automatic, and the save is for whether it goes permanent after 24 hours. LINK. Am I mis-reading that?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Surprise Round
HP: 81/81
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 2/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3
Status: resist cold, see invisibility, mirror images 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, elemental aura - fire

Parity hollers, "MAL! Something's attacking, get over here!"

Swift Spell: Mirror Image
Defensive Cast DC 19: 1d20 + 3 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 8 + 4 = 26
Standard Action: Elemental Aura - Fire
Defensive Cast DC 21: 1d20 + 3 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 8 + 4 = 29
Damage to all within range at cast 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 + Reflex DC:16 or catch fire

Round 1

Depending on tactical arrangement, may 5 foot step, may not and cast or swift cast keen edge


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Link

James Jacobs weighs in ... DMNomadSage is right, which sucks for us.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Maeve screams, but snaps around, bringing herself into a defensive posture. "Clear some space!"

Full Defense (AC to 20), swift to activate Crane Style

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Round 1
AC:24/20, hp:59/59, Ki 6/7, Stun 7/7, Fire 6/7

Caught off guard as he helps his companions across, Heng quickly activated his Ki defense and lays a flurry of fiery fists into the corpse-sicle.
Ki defense, flurry on purple wight.

Flurry #1 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6+ 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #2 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6+ 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry #3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8+ 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire

Flurry #4 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13+ 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

I don't think there's ever been a save on initial level drain, just if it's permanent. Before 3.0 you didn't even get that...

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

I think Parity should step up to clear a spot for Mal. otherwise Mal would likely take an AoO.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

I think I can do that in the surprise round ... 5-foot is a free action as long as you havent moved, correct?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Harlan, Mal?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 1 Init 13

Status:

HP = 61/61
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 52/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 6/6 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 8, +6 melee touch, +10 ranged touch):
4 4/4 Cure Critical Wounds*, Restoration*, Air Walk
3 6/6 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 7/7 Restoration, Lesser*, Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 8/8 Bless, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Command*, Cure Light Wounds*, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*
0 Stabilize, Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Guidance, Light, Spark*
* Save DC = 15 + Level
Status Effects = None

K. Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Sorry, was confused on the surprise round roll.

Harlan attempts to light up the area so he can see what's going on.

Light on my crossbow.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

I jumped the chasim. Waiting on status to fight.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Surprise Round
Initiative Order: Sandru, Frost Wights [21], Maeve, Heng [19], Harlan [13], Malnival, Parity [5]

Parity reacts immediately to the attackers, casting two spells to surround himself with decoy images and an aura of fiery energy. The latter unfortunately singes Harlan and Heng as well. Sandru also senses the attack, and gracefully leaps the gap and rolls into the shadows, coming up between Maeve and Heng.

Round One

Sandru immediately attacks, hitting despite the darkness and carving a deep gash into the nearest undead. He then feints thrice before spinning around behind the same foe, flanking it between he and Maeve.

The undead close in, their blue eyes glowing hungrily. Heng narrowly avoids one slashing claw, but the second catches him on the shoulder. He ignores the cold, but its touch still drains a piece of his life energy. Sandru's bold attack draws his target's ire, and he is also hurt. The others attack Maeve and Parity, who escape harm.

Maeve flies into a fully defensive dance, while Heng launches a flurry of attacks, but only hits the nimble foe once. Harlan lights up the area, revealing the strange room and dire foes to all. A moment later, Malnival leaps over to join the group.

At Malnival's turn; Actions for R1/2?

NOTE: Harlan and Heng are affected by Parity's aura, and will need to make the Reflex save also (half damage and catch fire). At the start of Parity's turn, anybody (right now, all but Sandru) adjacent to him will be hit in future rounds also!

Dice:
Red Reflex save vs Parity's fire aura: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 {fail}

Sandru Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Sandru Acrobatics (jump): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Sandru Acrobatics (evade AoO): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Sandru vs Green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30; Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 68; Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24; Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12

Magenta vs Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, plus 1 level drained
Blue vs Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 {miss}
Green vs Sandru: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 cold, plus 1 level drained
Orange vs Maeve: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 {miss}
Red vs Parity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 {miss}, lose 1 image


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

AC:23
HP: 52

Makes +1 Scimitar, +2 Keen

Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 = 17


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

so I failed to think that one through


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Ref DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Don't worry Parity...

The ninjas can't catch us if we're on fire.

Which...yeah...I totally am.

951 to 1,000 of 1,873 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.