Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


51 to 100 of 1,873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard Hour 1

"Well this is certainly interesting!"

Harlan attempts to urge the horses along, coaxing them where he has to.

Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Handle Animal to try and help the horses as well as occasionally channeling to remove any injuries.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Blizzard Hour 1:

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Parity breathes heavily as he slugs from place to place, thankful for Suishen's protection from the elements but his sea-level life is obviously affecting his acclimatization. He will use resist cold and resistance on any of the animals or people who are flagging or feeling the effects of the cold the most.

He will also cast mending on anything that looks ragged or gets damaged by the wind storm.

He will attempt some other useless stuff as well:

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard, 1st Hour
Overall Progress: 15%

As you get busy, you see Ameiko and Koya are also winded by the elevation, but your other friends appear to be okay. Ulf and Shalelu join Malnival with the trailblazing, working together to keep on the path, growing more and more obscured by the snowfall. Heng also tries, but has difficulty making out clear landmarks.

Parity's and Maeve's spells help out in spots. Ameiko tries to bolster morale but quickly comes up short on breath, so she switches to her samisen, playing a hopeful melody.

Harlan, Kelda and Sandru work to get the horses moving, but they ignore your efforts. "Let's concentrate on the lead and if she moves faster, I think the rest will try and keep up."

The blizzard continues to dump snow, still traversable but growing deeper.

Inputs for Hour 2? Increase DCs for Survival/Knowledge by 2, but other options remain.

Fort Saves:
Ameiko: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 {fail}
Kelda: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 {pass}
Koya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 {fail}
Sandru: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 {pass}
Shalelu: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 {pass}
Ulf: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 {pass}

Skillz:
Ulf Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Shalelu Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Kelda Aid Sandru's Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Sandru Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Ameiko Perform: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Blizzard- Hour 2

Heng- Ki 6/7, fatigued- 2 Str, Dex

Heng draws upon his reserves of Ki using beginner's mind to intuitively find a safe route through the snow.

know geography 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Heng fails to quell the anxiety that surrounds him as he is unable to assist the caravan.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Hour 2

With her magic exhausted, and seeing many of the others starting to follow suit, Maeve starts keeping an eye out for threats.

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

[ooc]Blizzard Hour 2[/b]

Glad I bought this cold weather outfit. And the skins and whatnot for the caravan.

"Come on Betty, come on girl."

Handle Animal to assist Sandru: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Blizzard Hour 2

Handle Animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Parity will continue to cast resistance and mending where needed.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Blizzard Hour 2

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Malnival continues to move ahead of the caravan focusing on blazing the trail for the others.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard, 2nd Hour
Overall Progress: 35%

Although still mid-day, the heavy storm dulls the sun into a white-washed twilight. The air temperature continues to drop sharply. Malnival, Shalelu and Ulf do an excellent job trailblazing, combining efforts to keep to the obscured trail. Maeve bucks in with some logical observations on the terrain, helping map the way ahead.

Ameiko continues to spur everyone on with her calming music, and Koya checks around to provide minor healing and distribute protective clothing. Kelda, Harlan and Sandru continue unsuccessfully to coax the horses, until Parity walks up and whispers a few words in the beast's ear. Gently, steadily, they push up the slope a little faster. With each few steps, the hot air bursts from their nostrils in steamy gouts.

"Can't see it yet, but we've got to be close to the ridgeline," Ulf shouts over the wind. "Keep moving!"

Into the third hour, the storm shows no sign of letting up. While you've acclimated somewhat to the cold, extremities begin to grow heavy and sluggish. The march continues steadily forward until you hit a slippery ice patch. The lead wagon slows and stops as the horses fail to gain traction.

Actions? Can be specific to the problem and for the overall 3rd hour. DCs increase by 2 once again.

Representing cold and fatigue, the Caravan takes 1d6 ⇒ 5 "non-lethal" damage.

NPC Skill Checks:
Ulf Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Shalelu Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Kelda Aid Sandru: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Sandru Handle Animal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Ameiko Perform: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard Hour 3

Teeth chattering, Harlan does his best to assist.

"I can set some weapons on fire, that'll let us chip some steps into the ice, that might help the horses across."

Harlan will channel energy for 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18 to heal as much of the group as possible, with a second 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8 to catch any he didn't. I have 6 Resist Energy Cold to cast, I'll use those on any who seem to be suffering most from the weather as a short term relief. I also have 7 uses of Sun Metal, that'll make a weapon flaming and could be used to cut steps into the ice for a few rounds.

Handle Animal to Assist: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Hour Three

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
That's good enough for this idea, I think.

"Use it on me." Maeve instructs. "Heng, use your arm-wraps. If we alternate hot and cold strikes, it should cause the ice to melt and re-freeze in a more brittle and cracked way so it'll be easy to clear out."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Blizzard- Hour 3

Heng- Ki 5/7, fatigued- 2 Str, Dex

Heng replies to Maeve, "There is too much ice already. Now is the time for fire." Carefully storing his hand wraps, Heng grabs a burning weapon and assists in smashing a trail through the ice.

Strength + mystic insight 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 1 + 4 = 12

sheesh.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve sighs with a shake of her head. "Heng, I know I'm a little on the crazy side, but have you ever seriously known me to say something like that without a pretty good idea of what's backing it up? Listen, if it doesn't work we'll have probably made one small patch of ice that we can step the horses around a bit thicker, but if it does go the way I think it will we should shatter a nice sized amount every time. Try it a couple of times, and if it doesn't work we can go with the obvious way."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

What kind of person calls themselves crazy ...

Any chance of using air walk on a few select horses. Not sure of wind direction and speed and technically they need to be trained to do it ... so, maybe not. But if so, Parity would string together the carvans and pick 3 horses throughout the caravan to aid with the pulling

Handle Animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Hour 3Malnival presses on. At times puasing to make flaming spheres to apear as way markers for the caravan.
"Keep moving! We must not stop!

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Parity will ask Suishen if he would like to assist with making steps

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Maeve Haela wrote:
"Try it a couple of times, and if it doesn't work we can go with the obvious way."

Heng looks dubious, but doesn't feel like he's contributing much anyway so he humors the girl.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard, 3rd Hour
Overall Progress: 50%

Maeve's quick thinking and improvised plan are enough to build a little traction, slowly but effective. With Heng, Maeve, Parity and Kelda smashing the ice with hot and cold, it gives enough rough track for the horses to work with. Slowly, the caravan lurches forward once more. Sandru stays with the beasts, urging them forward before the snow and cold become unbearable.

Already it is nigh impossible to tell the sky from the ground - all is blanketed in white. None can see past the wagon ahead, and at times the wind picks up a gout of snow that blinds all beyond an arm's length. The cold is insidious, but Harlan and Koya's healing keep the frostbite at bay. The trailblazing team continue to find the path, amazingly.

The only indication that you've reached the summit is the subtle leveling out of the slope, until you're sure you're starting to descend.

Ulf shouts from somewhere ahead, "The ice will be just as treacherous on the downslope. If we start to slide, we're done for. Call out any spots early!"

Actions for hour 4? DCs again +2. Can make Perception or Knowledge (nature) checks to help point out hazards. Caravan takes 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 "non-lethal" damage.

NPC Skills:
Ulf Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Shalelu Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Sandru Handle Animals: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Ameiko Perform: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Parity:
If you mean I become a glorified ice pick, then no... but do what you must.

Air walk on the horses would just confuse them, since they aren't trained... requiring a HA check to push. Up to you...

Harlan (*Eyes Only*):
During a particularly nasty gust of snow and wind, you are clobbered from behind. As you regain your bearings, you realize you're being hastily dragged along by the collar, restricting your movement.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard Hour 4

"Ah. Guys! Help!"

Harlan struggles to free himself.

Escape Artist: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Why is it always me? Do I taste good? That makes sense actually.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard

Harlan:
"Stop struggling, I'm saving you," a muffled voice says, but gives your collar a jolt for good measure.

Group: DC 30 Perception to hear Harlan...


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

better, but no cigar.
well, hey if we can use perception to help the caravan, i'm on it.

Heng turns his attention to scouting a safe path for the caravan.

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard

DMNS:

"Sure feels like you're kidnapping me. What are you doing? Are you going to eat me?"

Harlan continues to struggle.

Escape Artist: 1d20 ⇒ 11

If I'm heard:

"HELP! TALKING SNOW YETI!"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Hour 3

Oblivious to any trouble, Maeve starts picking up snow in small chunks to make into snowballs. Riding on the wagon out in front, she casts light on each in turn before tossing it out into the snow ahead by a few feet, hoping to use it to spot any hazards in the terrain.

Mostly that'll probably just keep the blizzard from hiding any gross problems, like a sheer drop, but it's the most I can think of.

Knowledge (Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Hour 4

Perception (Hearing): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Malnival continues to press on, his knowledge of the outdoors gained from his friend Shalelu the only thing keeping him from making a tragic mistake.

Perception to notice hazards: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 7

Blizzard

Shalelu Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Shalelu suddenly stops, ears tilted behind her. "Did... did you hear Harlan call for help?" she asks.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard

Harlan:
You captor jostles you again, with a definate growl of annoyance. "I'm not going to eat you, I'm saving your life... paying a debt in kind. If you stay with them, you will die up ahead with the rest!"

Any hour 4 inputs for Parity?


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard

DMNS:

"They're doing to die?!"

Harlan squeeks as he is jostled.

"We have to save them. Help me save them."

Can I get a look at who has me?


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Sorry, all night f-ing accountability recall

"Harlan? Isn't he right here?"

Suishen, when did you see him last?

Handle animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard

Parity:
I no longer detect his presence within the caravan.

Alerted by Shalelu's query, you catch a distant call... something about a 'yeti'.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Blizzard

Knowledge (Nature) to identify: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"That's not good." Maeve hops from where she's been tossing snowballs and looking to the back and starting to move. For once, she is actually conscious of the fact that she's getting ahead of the others and keeps her pace slow, for now.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Parity activates airwalk if it's safe (i.e. less than 21 mph winds, otherwise he trudges through the snow/ice) and runs along the top of the snow towards the call out. movement rate is 40' currently

"Harlan! Keep hollering, we're coming!"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Spaghetti Yeti

Heng- Ki 5/7, fatigued- 2 Str, Dex, Dragon Style

Shalelu Andosana *DM* wrote:
"Did... did you hear Harlan call for help?"

"Harlan? I hope he's not in trouble. The snow is getting deep." Upon hearing a faint mention of Yeti, Heng assumes dragon stance and fairly flies over the snow toward the call.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard

Harlan:
Your captor growls again, then lets out a sigh. You can feel the hot breath against your neck. "Your friends are coming for you." You then hear some distant shouting, muted by the winds. "There is a crevasse a mile or so along your path. It is new, the guide won't know of it, and bandits have covered it as a pitfall. Under the snow, you will never see it. Beware." With that, you are released. You glance up, seeing only a glimpse of icy blue eyes against the white wall of blowing snow, before they too disappear.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard

Parity, Maeve and Heng start off the search, homing on the distant call, muffled by the howling wind. It would be impossible to track him in the wind and snow, but it only takes a minute before Suishen detects his presence, guiding you to Harlan, a dozen paces or so from the edge of the trail.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard

"Hah, you found me! I was wrong, it was a couple of bandits wearing furs. I heard them talking, they saw me healing everybody and decided to get rid of me before we walked into an ambush. I heard them talking before you scared them away, they said there was a crevasse about a mile away, and that they covered it to use as a pitfall. We're going to be ambushed, we'll need to be on our guard and either avoid it or take them out."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve listens to Harlan, then blinks a few times. "...I'm not sure that actually makes any sense. Bandits wearing furs?"


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"Yeah, Maeve ... Because its cold. Glad you're OK Harlan. A bit worried there for a sec. Come on now.". Parity extends his hand to help the halfling up and along.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Thanks Parity. And you're right, they were wearing furs against the cold, so I thought they were yetis."

Getting out of the snow with Parity's help, he brushes himself off before heading back to the caravan.

"I was a little confused and all, you could see how'd I'd think they were yetis. Now, about that ambush..."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng takes in the lay of the land looking an alternative route around the ambush.

1d20 ⇒ 18+10 for perception, +8 for geography, or whatever applies


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard, 4th Hour
Overall Progress: 65%

After you recover Harlan from the snowbank and continue, Ulf keeps the caravan along the main trail. He gives Harlan a snort at the mention of bandits, but slows down the pace to search for the crevasse. As advertised, about a mile further on, Heng picks out an trench in the snow traversing the trail. Ulf and Shalelu carefully scout its edges, marking a path around.

This slows up the progress, but once you are clear, the pace picks up. As you get to lower elevations, the mountain begins to block the worst of the wind, the path becomes easier to follow, and the downslope helps momentum. Still, the animals are spent and ignore any further attempts to push them. Ice and cold continue to be threats.

Actions for hour 5? DCs decrease by 2, but the cold still persists, dealing 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 "non-lethal".

NPC Skills:
Ulf Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Shalelu Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Kelda Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Hour 5

As the pace picks up, Maeve just begins to devote herself to the simple task of picking out immediate threats.

Lore Master to take 20 on the check this turn. Knowledge (Nature): 20+8 = 28


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

"Sounds like you almost got envited to a yeti dinner my friend. I am glad you declined." Malnival moves back to the front of the caravan and once again begins blazing a trail for the others.

Survival"1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Blizzard 5

Heng- Ki 5/7, fatigued- 2 Str, Dex

Trouble avoided for the moment, Heng tries to keep an eye out for further dangers and the easiest route down, but finds himself as weary as the horses.

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Parity will keep working with the horses.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Blizzard Hour 5

"Hah, told you guys there was an ambush."

Now I wonder...

Harlan will again channel to restore damage from the frostbite and aid Parity or Sandru with the horses.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Blizzard, 5th Hour
Overall Progress: 85%

Fighting against the cold, fatigue and the despair that comes with little discernable progress, you continue on through the storm. Even Shalelu's tracking skills begin to flag, but Ulf and Malnival pick up the slack. Ameiko continues her uplifting music, keeping your spirits from dropping off the ledge.

With a savant-like precision, Maeve helps the trailblazers bypass natural hazards, including a icy switchback, and a fallen tree concealed by the snow. Parity, with Sandru, Kelda and Harlan at his command, manages to eke just a little more out of the exhausted horses.

The last push gets you clear of the danger. As the slope shallows out, Ulf guides the wagons off the main trail and into a natural cul-de-sac, ringed by steep rock walls and tall pines. Most importantly, it blocks the wind and most of the snow accumulation.

NPC Skills:
Ulf Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Shalelu Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Sandru Handle Animal (aid Parity): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Kelda Handle Animal (aid Parity): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Ameiko Perform: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Male Human Ranger (Guide) 7

Blizzard

As soon as all the wagons are within the cul-de-sac, Ulf busies himself with starting a bonfire. With help, in a few minutes he has a blessed source of heat at the center of camp.

"Well done, everyone," he says, with a grim smile. "Let me welcome you, officially, to the Crown of the World."

Congrats! Skill Challenge completed!

You also have enough xp for 7th level! :o)


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Blzzard

Maeve smiles, taking a spot to let others closer to the fire first, with the extra protections she has against the elements. "That was...one wild ride. I thought for sure we were going to get lost. Ulf, you truly are a master guide. And everyone else was great too. Just...well, six more months of weather like that to go. Should get easier the more we do it, right?"

51 to 100 of 1,873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.