Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


751 to 800 of 1,873 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Reflex sv: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Malnival's teeth seem to chatter as he cast a spell.

Everyone gains Haste for 7 rounds.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Heng may want to modify his actions.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Malnival Selintin wrote:
Heng may want to modify his actions.

no need. I go after you anyway so I'd catch the spell if that's what you meant.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

I wasn't sure if you would want to change your action or push forward a bit more since you gain another 30'movement.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

I was already holding back since I get up to 100' move already ; ) no need running blind into the fog and going toe-to-claw by my lonesome.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 1
AC: 18, HP: 53/53, Perform: 13/17, Crane Style

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Maeve darts ahead as she sees the cloud of incoming frost, depending on speed and Harlan's protection to keep her safe - successfully, as it turns out. She makes it up to Heng's side, snapping around and starting her magic again.

Move, Crane Style, and Inspire Courage


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 1 Init 4

Status:

HP = 48/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 55/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 4/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 1/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 5/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = Resist Elements: Cold

Ref DC 21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"That...wasn't...v.v.v...very hospitable."

Harlan gets up from where Parity dumps him. Most likely anyway. Moving forward he attempts to parlay with the wyrm.

"Vegsundvaag! Surrender. We don't want to hurt you further and we can't allow you to continue terrorizing the town."

I don't think this will work but you never know.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Gotta be quick

Parity ignores the dragon's breath. He will move as far forward as possible (115 feet?). I believe mirror image has worn off so swift another (1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 images). If the dragon moves somewhere this turn where he's reachable, Parity will charge it using the defending option on Suishen .. AC 22.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Miss (20): 1d100 ⇒ 60, 1d100 ⇒ 76
Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + (5) = 22


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

With haste add 30 more feet to the distance for a double move, +1 to hit and +1 to AC... sry


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round One
Initiative Order: Vegsundvaag [23], Malnival [15], Heng [13], Parity [12], Maeve [6], Harlan [4]

Malnival casts his spell, empowering the group to move with supernatural speed. Heng bolts forward, easily leaping the crevasse and coming to a stop just outside the fog cloud, set in a ready stance. Stepping on air, Parity follows, flying across the cavern to the back wall. Starting up an inspiring dance while moving to follow, Maeve makes it to the edge of the crevasse.

Harlan, with Qalvanaq at his side, moves into the cave attempting to parley. The dragon roars, reverberating across every surface with its fury.

Vegsundvaag's sneering response echoes from the fog cloud. "Your breath is wasted on feeble words, snack. Ever since the day I found my clutch smashed to pieces and covered with those filthy scrawlings of Iqaliat, I vowed to devour every ape I find until my thirst is slated. And I am very thirsty... I'll start with you!"

Suddenly, she bursts forth, flying across the cavern (careful to avoid Heng) to land in front of Harlan, chomping down on him with terrible power.

I couldn't move Maeve as far to match Heng, even with the haste, unless I missed something...?

Actions?

Dice:
Vegsundvaag bite vs Harlan: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 19 - 4 = 21; Damage: 4d6 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 6) + 10 + 12 = 38 (with vital strike and power attack)


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 2
AC: 23, HP: 53/53, Perform: 13/17, Crane Style

Maeve quickly spins around as the dragon flies past her just out of reach. "Well, if that's how you want it...." And with that she spins and charges right in.

Arcane Strike swift, then moving in, hoping to get a flank with Qalvanaq. Despite the evocative description, NOT actually "Charging." Also fighting defensively, power attacking.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival smiles as he runs at the dragon, his scimitar bursting into flame as electricty arcs down the length. The magus hurls himself past Harlan to flank the dragon.

Draconic:
"The kitchen is closed worm! No soup for you!"

Activate Arcane pool to add +1 and Flaming to his scimitar. Cast shocking grasp

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 10

Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 32 Crit!
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 29

Damage:1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Crit Damage:1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Shocking Grasp damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 4, 3) = 16
Crit damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 3, 5) = 15

Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Crit Fire Damage:1d6 ⇒ 3

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 2
AC:22, hp:51/59, Ki 8/9, Stun 9/9, Fire 7/9, dragon style, inspired

The dragon bursts from the mist before Heng can react and then he's back over the rift and charging the beast opposite Malnival as he summons the burning fury of a gold dragon.

Unarmed 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 23
damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire

acrobatics to avoid AoO if needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

So her move to Harlan was essentially the beginning of round 2? Confused a touch.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Yes, she goes first.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 2 Init 4

Status:

HP = 10/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 55/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 4/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 1/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 5/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = Resist Elements: Cold

Ungh...didn't see that coming.

Harlan heals himself.

My Cures don't provoke. Yay me!

CSW+3 Charges: 3d8 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (4, 8, 5) + 8 + (6, 6, 1, 6) = 44

Harlan smiles grimly at the creature as all of his wounds close, and he steps back 5' to give his friends room.

"Fine, you want to play it hard, we'll play it hard."

54/54

Holding his crossbow in one hand he will take out his shield.

Not equipping yet, I think that requires a standard action.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Round 2
HP: 64/64
AC: 23 (21 if not defending)
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 1/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2
Status: above + airwalk, resist cold (30), see invisibility, mirror image (6 images)

Parity groans as he hears the dragon fly away from him. Regaining his bearings, he charges recklessly back.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Miss Chance (20):1d100 ⇒ 5;1d100 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 11 = 19

Crit Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 13 = 18


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Two
Vegsundvaag [23], Malnival [15], Heng [13], Parity [12], Maeve [6], Harlan [4]

Malnival rushes in, trying a stagger-step to avoid the exposed attack, but Vegsundvaag cuts him off and bites him deep in the flank. Still, he closes the distance and lands a strong slice that almost cleaves deep into her chest. It still draws a little of her icy blood, but his imbued spell dissipates against her scales.

Leaping the crevasse again, Heng charges from behind, taking advantage of Malnival's distracting attack, but his fist only deflects off her scales. Parity flies back across the cavern, moving up beside Heng. He swings Suishen but mis-judges the distance to go by a step. Maeve rushes in to the other side of Heng, tumbling and dancing, but her attack is also not strong enough to penetrate.

Qalvanaq moves in, attacking with his paired axes, showing intense focus and the burn of vengeance in his eyes. He lands a solid hit, calling out "Iqaliat!" as the axe carves into the dragon's hide.

Roaring, Vegsundvaag flies into a fury of attacks. Her rending bite tears a large hunk of skin, flesh and armor from Malnival's side. Spraying blood from the terrible wound, the elf falls to the ice. She spins, hitting Qalvanaq and Parity with her razor claws, pummeling Parity with a wing buffet, and whipping her tail about to slam Maeve in the chest.

Malnival is unconscious, dying, prone. Actions for R3?

Dice:
Vegsundvaag AoO bite vs Malnival: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 19 - 4 = 29; Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 12 = 25 (power attack)

Malnival SR check for shocking grasp: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 {fail}

Qalvanaq vs Vegsundvaag: 1d20 + 14 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 36; Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 9
Qalvanaq vs Vegsundvaag: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 24 {miss}

Vegsundvaag bite vs Malnival: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 19 - 4 = 29; Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6) + 10 + 12 = 30 (power attack)
Vegsundvaag claw vs Qalvanaq: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 19 - 4 = 22; Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 = 19 (power attack)
Vegsundvaag claw vs Parity: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 19 - 4 = 31; Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 = 17 (power attack)
Vegsundvaag wing vs Parity: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Vegsundvaag wing vs Maeve: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 {miss}
Vegsundvaag tail slap vs Maeve: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 4 = 29; Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19 (power attack)


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Forgot Parity's MI again!

Claw MI check: 1d7 ⇒ 2
Wing MI check: 1d6 ⇒ 4

...both miss, and you lose 2 images.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

... and on 2nd glance, I show Mal at -10 (with a 10 Con), unless I missed something.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

well hells. that was alot of wasted crits. did Mal's crit roll of 29 fail? I can grant a second roll as a ki mystic ability, but only attacks and saves or I would have helped parity with his miss chance.

Round 3
AC:26/22, hp:51/59, Ki 7/9, Stun 9/9, Fire 6/9, dragon style, inspired

Heng draws upon his ki defense and repays the dragon back with flaming fists.

Flurry 1 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 29
damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 18 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire

Flurry 2 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 14 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire

Flurry 3 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 15 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire

Hasted 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 22
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Round 3
HP: 64/64
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 1/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4, 3rd: 2/2
Status: above + airwalk, resist cold (30), see invisibility, mirror image (4 images)

Realizing the dragon is highly armored, Parity shifts his feet, changes his grip and takes a couple quick strikes. Drop power attack and defending, adding flank bonus and inspire and haste

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 21
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 27;1d100 ⇒ 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (8) + (3) + 9 = 20

To hit (haste attack): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 37;1d100 ⇒ 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + (2) + 9 = 17

Crit Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (6) + (3) + 11 = 20


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Heng wrote:
well hells. that was alot of wasted crits. did Mal's crit roll of 29 fail? I can grant a second roll as a ki mystic ability, but only attacks and saves or I would have helped parity with his miss chance.

Yes, the 29 missed... if you want to grant the re-roll, that's fine by me.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

it would be a nice gesture for Mal, but better used on backing up Parity this round if I hadn't already used Ki defense...


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 3
AC: 23, HP: 34/53, Perform: 12/17, Crane Style, Arcane Strike,

Maeve continues her cautious stance, even choosing to emphasize her technique over simply whaling on the beast, but still moving as quickly as she can, settling on a quick flurry of spinning kicks.

Arcane Strike, Fighting Defensively, Crane Style, and Flurry

Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage 1: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage 2: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Attack 3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage 3: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

No worries.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 3

Status:

HP = 10/54
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Bolts = 55/60
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (4d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 6, +4 melee touch, +8 ranged touch):
3 4/5 Cure Serious Wounds*, Dispel Magic, Neutralize Poison*, Stone Shape
2 1/7 Cure Moderate Wounds*, Resist Energy*, Restoration, Lesser*, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon
1 5/7 Cure Light Wounds*, Bless, Burning Disarm*, Sun Metal*, Detect Undead, Command*, Detect Evil
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark, Mending
* DC 14 + level
Status Effects = Resist Elements: Cold

"Mal!"

Frozen tears forming on his cheeks Harlan stares at the dragon in anger. Suspecting foul play he will move back 5 feet and dispel the protection on the beast.

Dispel Magic with caster checks until I get something.

Dispel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

I suck.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Three
Initiative Order: Vegsundvaag [23], Heng [13], Parity [12], Maeve [6], Harlan [4]

Valwen screams a long cry of sorrow as her master expires.

Heng continues to attack the dragon, moving with amazing speed to pummel her flank multiple times. Unfortunately, none seem to break her thick scales. Parity moves in and brings Suishen around twice, cutting deep with the second strike. Vegsundvaag hisses in pain.

Like Heng, Maeve attacks with a flurry of strikes, but also cannot connect with anything solid. Harlan points and tries to dispel any magic on the dragon, lowering his head as the divine power seems to fail him. But, just as the spell goes off, a sliver of reflected sunlight flickers across his eyes. Vegsundvaag curses in her language as a shielding spell around her fades.

Sad and Awesome:
Her sorcerer CL is 1... =)

Qalvanaq continues his focused assault, carving two deep gouges into her leg, and shouting in triumph as she momentarily staggers.

Vegsundvaag, now grievously wounded, attacks in an all-out frenzy, seemingly at random between Maeve and Heng. The attacks are overpowered and clumsy, and she only connects once, slapping Heng hard with her tail.

Actions for R4?

Dice:
Qal vs Veg: 1d20 + 14 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 38; Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 14
Qal vs Veg: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 32; Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 - 5 = 2

1 = Heng, 2 = Parity, 3 = Maeve, 4 = Qalvanaq

Veg bite vs 1d4 ⇒ 1: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 - 4 = 16 {miss}
Veg claw vs 1d4 ⇒ 1: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 19 - 4 = 23 {miss}
Veg claw vs 1d4 ⇒ 3: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 19 - 4 = 19 {miss}
Veg wing vs 1d4 ⇒ 1: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 4 = 20 {miss}
Veg wing vs 1d4 ⇒ 3: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 4 = 14 {miss}
Veg tail slap vs 1d4 ⇒ 1: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 4 = 29; Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 = 16 (power attack)


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Round 4
HP: 64/64
AC: 21
Vanguard Blast 6/6, Swift Spell 1/3, Spell Block 3/3
Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 1/4, 3rd: 2/2
Status: above + airwalk, resist cold (30), see invisibility, mirror image (4 images)

Parity, seeing the dragon stagger, forgoes the speed attack this round and channels his favorite smoking sword, driving the point forward hard.

Still no power attack or defending, channel belker's claws

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 31
Miss Chance (20):1d100 ⇒ 61;1d100 ⇒ 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 9 + 2d12 ⇒ (1) + (6) + 9 + (11, 12) = 39

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Round 4
AC:22, hp:23/59, Ki 5/9, Stun 9/9, Fire 5/9, dragon style, inspired

Fists bloodied from pounding on the magically reinforced scales of his foe, Heng grimaces as a tail as thick as a pine tree smashes into his ribs. With dogged determination, he continues pounding away with blazing fists.
i'll take the Ki reroll and 5' step back.

Flurry 1 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 18 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Flurry 2 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Flurry 3 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 16
damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire

Hasted 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 16
damage 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Reroll Flurry 1 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 31

that'll do : ) i think attack 1 & 2 hit


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Four

Heng and Parity close in for the kill, slamming and slashing Vegsundvaag with relentless attacks. The dragon screeches, turning towards Harlan and reaching. Before she can get close, however, the many wounds take their toll and she collapses, exhaling a frosty death rattle.

End of Combat!

Grimly, Qalvanaq bows in respect to the fallen beast.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng takes another step back and tenderly touches his bruised ribs. Drawing upon his ki, he heals some of the damage and then quickly circles the great dead dragon to examine Malnival. "Harlan, are you injured? Does Malnival yet breathe? Can you help him?"

hp:30/59, Ki: 3/9


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Parity slumps his shoulders as his short terms spells expire, blowing out the breath he didn't know he was holding. After a quick thanks to Suishen, he realizes Heng's words. "Mal is gone? Damn it, knew this expedition wasn't smart. Mal was worth a dozen of these savage villages." Parity kicks at the ground angrily.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Parity wrote:
Parity slumps his shoulders as his short terms spells expire, blowing out the breath he didn't know he was holding. After a quick thanks to Suishen, he realizes Heng's words. "Mal is gone? Damn it, knew this expedition wasn't smart. Mal was worth a dozen of these savage villages." Parity kicks at the ground angrily.

Qalvanaq frowns, walking over to kneel respectfully by Malnival's body. "We may seem barbaric to your southern ways, but we are not savage. His sacrifice will be revered by those of Iqaliat he helped save, and will be kept in stories, told father-to-son, for a hundred generations."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

It seems to take Maeve a minute to realize the dragon's actually dead, and when she does she rushes to Mal's side. "Mal...hey, you're actually all right, right? I know there's some ways to do this..." She checks the man over to see if his condition is part of some contingency plan. "If you set this up to save yourself and didn't bother to tell us I'm gonna smack you as soon as you're healed up..." she adds, with just a little bit of a desperate edge to her voice. But, to her credit, when a careful magical examination reveals that it's just a corpse, she doesn't actually get hysterical, she just slumps over in defeat....


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan very carefully moves to Mal's side, tears fresh on his face.

"Don't be so quick to give up hope. We've known Mal for a long time now."

Harlan carefully examines the man he called friend before turning sadly to Heng.

"He's passed, there's nothing I can do here. There are prayers that may reach beyond the veil and retrieve a willing soul. Koya may have access to such. If she does not then she will be able to preserve his body until we arrive at a larger town and can purchase a scroll with such a prayer. Unless the village has this power Qalvanaq?"

They owe us much after this.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng stands between Harlan and Maeve, placing a large battered hand upon each companion's shoulder in consolation. Distracted, he notices that the magic hand wraps from the Brinewall vault have been torn and bloodied. Sighing, he drops his hands and lets the tattered white cloth slip into the pooling dragon blood. He pries a couple scales off the dead dragon and places them in Malnival's pouch.

"Let us hope so, Harlan. For now let us make sure there are no further threats. Party and I can examine the final cave while you and Maeve secure Malnival's body for the return trip."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Upon witnessing the frozen hoard, Heng describes it to Parity and notes that Sandru will be happy to see that there will be plenty to trade once Minkai is reached.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

"All right, let's gather this up ... anything else to explore around here before we go tend to Mal? I'll ... I'll carry him out, if that's alright." Parity finishes glumly.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

"I think this is the last cave. It may take some effort to break away the ice and likely a couple of trips to bring the treasure out. Yes, I think you should carry Malnival."

Heng pauses a moment before returning to the others to study a silver glint in the ice. It is larger than a coin and the symbols carved on it are not unfamiliar. Breaking away the ice he finds a medallion fashioned from a silver dragon scale and quickly fashions a cord to wear it around his neck.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

If there's anything else you want to do in the dragon's lair, you can work it in flex-time. Otherwise, moving on...

The Return...

Making the most of Parity's air walking, you carefully gather up Malnival and the Vegsundvaag's horde and climb out of the ice rift. Before you go, Qalvanaq uses his axe one last time, slicing a single talon from the dragon's claw.

By the time you are all outside and ready, night has completely fallen. Qalvanaq has you set up camp in the protection of the spires. The night passes quietly, except for a single, distant wolf howl that seems to echo your mournful state.

The three days back to Iqaliat are frigidly cold, but otherwise uneventful. Daylight continues to shorten, and the sun hugs the southern horizon. It is in your eyes the entire trek, but the cold wind is at your backs, nudging you homeward.

On the last day, threatening clouds build up from the west. The wind carries ice pellets along, well ahead of the storm, and the wind increases steadily. It is a gale by the time you reach the wind shrine; the tunnel down to Iqaliat provides welcome shelter. When you emerge into the village, the blizzard is at full strength.

Your entrance is greeted with amazement and the unbridled joy of those freed from a long oppression. Word spreads quickly through the small village, and in spite of the weather, all the way to the caravan you are met with groups of thankful Erutaki. Many bow or kowtow, or try to shake your hand, some are openly crying.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 7

The Return...

As with everyone else, Shalelu is beaming when you walk back into the caravan. The elation disappears in a heartbeat as she counts your number and then sees the bundle over Parity's shoulder. She becomes pale and stands rigid, unmoving, unspeaking.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

The Return

Harlan speaks little on the return trip, his thoughts somber. Occasionally he can be seen staring at the sun, the magical circlet held in his hands and his lips silently moving.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP: 114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 2/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, endure elements, light fortification

Parity pauses near Shalelu not turning to face her and pausing for a moment uncertain what to say, finally settling on, "Where shall I put him?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve winces at Shalelu's reaction. "...I'm sorry. We'll do everything we can. It's....he's strong enough that it may not be over yet." The hint of iron in her voice indicates that she has no intention of letting it be 'over.' "Koya, Harlan said that you might be able to..." she trails off, not quite wanting to say the word before the worst has been confirmed.


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 7

At first, Shalelu makes no verbal response to Parity. Then, after a long moment with no reaction, she realizes. In a low voice, barely a whisper above the wind, she says, "Over here." She clears a space in one of the covered wagons, setting a silent vigil after Parity sets him down.


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric 5 of Desna / Harrower 3
Maeve Haela wrote:
"Koya, Harlan said that you might be able to..." she trails off, not quite wanting to say the word before the worst has been confirmed.

Koya only shakes her head, looking miserable. "I'm sorry, my daughter. There are clerics and priests with such powers, but my link with Desna is not yet so strong."

"Perhaps, in the next city, there might be... but we've so far to go." Koya sighs, unsure what to say.


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2

Ameiko steps forward. "I have an option... she says. When all are listening, she continues. "The Amatatsu Seal is a powerful implement of divine magic, and when it was revealed in Brinewall, it spoke to me of its powers. Among other things, it can resurrect from death a scion of the House. You've all been touched by the Seal, and I know it will work for Malnival as well."

"I haven't used the Seal yet because taking it out of the Warding Box can reveal our presence to the Five Storms... if they're watching, which we can only assume they are. How or if they could react, I have no idea. It's a risk, but one I am more than willing to take on our friend's behalf."

"First though, what do you all think?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng stands silently observing the interactions and pondering the question put forth by Ameiko. He glances skyward to see if Valwen has followed.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"...Ameiko's idea is probably better than mine," Maeve admits. "And with what mine involves, that's saying something."

The girl looks like she's having a little trouble keeping her last meal down as she speaks, which says volumes about how distasteful she's finding her own thoughts right now. "I was thinking...well, no way to be delicate I don't think. We pack him in snow, probably in a box hanging off the back of one of the wagons. Change it out every day, and use those preservative magics Harlan mentioned at the cave. It probably won't work forever, but it might give us a chance to keep his body...fresh enough...until we can cross the Crown. We thaw him out there just before restoring him."

"Emulating a necromancer, or sending up a big fireworks display they'll see all the way in Minkai." Maeve doesn't entertain the obvious solution, being to bury him and have done with it.

751 to 800 of 1,873 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - The Hungry Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.