Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


351 to 400 of 1,653 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,
Heng wrote:
Heng continues, "We should take a strong offensive postion and strike quickly before the enemy has a chance to threaten Ameiko or the caravan."

"Ho, ho ... now we're talking, Heng. My kinda plan!" Parity nearly rubs his hands together.


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric 5 of Desna / Harrower 3

"Remember, the oni were warned when the warding box was opened... if only for a few moments. That may have been enough signal to set off things here."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"I could see that setting off plans to interfere with the guide, but the sword still bothers me." Maeve sighs. "It was right there in plain sight. Why wait so long, they could have had it in a few days of searching any time in the past fifty years. Fynn wasn't making any secret of having it."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"What if they didn't know about it until the vision? And more importantly, what if they knew we or Ame would come looking for it ... the only other link to her past within a 500-mile radius, that she knows of. It's scary to think that not only do they know what we know, they know what we don't."


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

"Many different posibilities. Maybe they knew of the sword and wanted to use it as bait, then we loosed the seal. Maybe they were alerted and became scared? Or maybe this is part of the plan to bring us into their trap. Whatever it may be it is our only choice, we must get the sword. The sooner we attack the better. we killed many of his men in the ambush, let us press the attack while they are still week."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Uksahkka, who has sobered up a little, speaks up. "If you wish to go tonight, then we should leave now before full dark. It will be difficult to find the way, but I think I can guide you. Otherwise, wait for tomorrow?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng ponders, "I am not hindered by the dark nor is Parity. What do the others think of attacking tonight?"


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"I think all this talk of onis and their plans is a bit of a waste. They know, they're here, and we have to deal with it fast. Let's go find our guide tonight, and then we can head to this estate. Either way we need to go as soon as we can and then get moving again. We have one more day until the wagons are repaired and restocked, but we can't go anywhere without a guide."


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

"I am fine to move at night also. I say we attack as quickly as we can."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Night time is the right time.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Sorry for the delayed post, long day at work...

Asvig's Farmhouse

Decided on confronting Asvig Longthews this evening, you set out with Uksahkka as soon as you collect your gear. She leads you out the southern gate just before they lock them for the night, and along a hardpacked dirt road to the southeast. The fading light of day slowly disappears as you travel, and within an hour it is full dark. Still, Uksahkka continues without torch or lantern, guiding the way expertly under the moonlight alone.

Under the cover of night, you leave behind the clusters of farmhouses close to the city, and into the sparsely populated wooded hills farther out. Time passes interminably before Uksahkka finally signals a stop, pointing to a glow at the top of the next ridge.

"That is Longthews's farmhouse ahead," she explains. "I will wait here inside the treeline until you return. Go with Gozreh's strength, and be careful."

You continue ahead within the night shadows, closing on the farmhouse and its smaller outbuildings. About sixty feet from the house, you come to a ring of short, wooden posts driven into the ground, circling the entire compound. Each of the posts is carved in the stylistic lion image you recognize from the arm-rings. In addition, runes have been carved down the length of each post.

Perception (auditory/olfactory) DC 15:
From the house comes the sounds of boisterous celebration, and you can smell roasting meat on the air.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 18:
The runes on the post are related to conjuration magic.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Asvig's Farmhouse

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Maeve creeps towards the farmhouse, possibly looking a bit silly in her brightly colored dancing outfit. Or perhaps not. She doesn't seem to take heed of anything except her goal of getting this the hell over with so the city can be enjoyed.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"There's a party going on in there ... we can likely sneak up. However, the feel of these runes here suggests some sort of conjuration. Magical trap?" Parity surmises.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Malnival moves forward and inspects the runes. "Maybe, let me try to figure it out for a second."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"You know, it's not much of a party if they don't allow guests."

Harlan leaves Prugk parked behind a tree and arms his crossbow.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Malnival:
You detect a moderate aura of conjuration (summoning) magic coming from the posts.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival looks up from the runes and nods at the others. "Summoning magic. We must continue but be ready."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve frowns. "Wait, does anyone see anything else?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Maeve Haela wrote:
Maeve frowns. "Wait, does anyone see anything else?"

Heng stops and looks back, "What do you mean?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Well..." Maeve thinks for a moment. "The poles are magic...you have to walk between them to get to the lodge. If they do something when you do that, like Mal's implying they might, there has to be some way to stop them from doing that..." After a few moments, Maeve grins. "Got it!" And then she pulls out the spare lions-head armband. "Probably something like this." And then she puts it on, even though it hangs comically off her shoulder given her slight frame. "....I guess there's something else that works for the girls."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Maeve you're a genius!"

Harlan also pulls on the armband.

"Remember though it may still tell them someone is coming, they just won't expect it to be armed and angry strangers."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"Great idea ... we only have one though, right? Toss it back an forth?"


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival nodds hiks head and grins at the bard. "I guess that might work, only one way to find out."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve nods. "We'll have to toss it, but that shouldn't be too bad. It's pretty heavy." With that, she starts foreward, carefully.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

As Maeve steps across the imaginary line between the two posts, a surge of magic and flash of light herald the appearance of the guardians. Standing a few paces in front of Maeve, is a pair of golden-hued lions, though their forms are like the icon on the posts, stylized and blocky, as if created by someone who had read about a lion but never actually saw one. They stand poised for attack, but remain in place, eyes locked on Maeve.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"...Oops."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng freezes at the sight of the conjured lions. He calmly tries to help Maeve, "I think you were right about the armbands. Hold it out and say something in Ulfen. I do not know what, try "nice kitty".


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve gulps and does hold out the symbol.

Skald:
"...uhm...that's good...just...hold that pose...."


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival grins and readies a spell.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Maeve Haela wrote:
Maeve gulps and does hold out the symbol.

The lions remain still, watching. They don't seem to take any notice of anyone but Maeve.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng rubs his shorn scalp thinking. "You seem to have their attention, Maeve. Whether that is because you hold the ring or because you have crossed the posts, it is hard to tell which. At least they are not attacking. Perhaps we should check what effect not bearing a band has." So saying, Heng carefully steps across ready to retreat if the lions take notice.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"You just let me know how that works out for ya," Parity scoffs while he draws his sword, but prepares to follow any how. "Is this seriously the only way in? No sewer entrance or escape tunnel or something less ... I dunno, potentially deadly?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Heng wrote:
So saying, Heng carefully steps across ready to retreat if the lions take notice.

As soon as Heng crosses the line, both lions immediately notice him and lunge to attack.

No map, but you're all within 20 ft of the action; no obstacles. The posts are spaced 30 ft apart.

Initiative:

Harlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Maeve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Malnival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Parity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Summoned Lions: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Initiative Order: Parity [16], Harlan [12], Malnival [10], Heng [9], Lions, Maeve [5]


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve shouts out, again in Skald, before looking to Heng. "Run!"

Skald:
"No, Bad kitty! No orc!"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

welp, we solved that mystery :P

Heng gets back across the line and goes total defense. plus ki defense

AC 25; hp 36, Ki 5/6

if the GM allows that we do have armbands with us, um now would be the time I use it...


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

The lions ignore Maeve as they hurtle past her. They are about to maul Heng when he gets his armband on. They come to a sliding stop inches from Heng, staring intently.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng wipes the sweat from his brow and regains his composure while staring back at the lions. "Apparently the armbands allow us to pass. Shall we proceed?"


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"That...huh. Alright, give me a second to change my drawers and I'll be ready to go. Armbands for everyone."

Harlan wipes the sweat off his brow and puts on an armband, handing one to Parity.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve breathes a deep sigh of relief. "Let's just hope no one heard this."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

After another minute, the lions disappear in another flash of magical energy. You each put on armrings and are able to pass the summoning posts without any trouble. Using the cover of the outbuildings, you approach the farmhouse unseen, but don't notice any guards either. The building itself is a large, long structure built with mossy stone walls and a thick, thatched roof. There are no windows, and from your approach, you see a single entrance on the southeast corner.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Hmm..." Maeve considers the structure for a moment. "Well, I suppose I could just toss an alchemist's fire onto the roof. That would get them out fast."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"Wow, that was a bit intense. Maeve, I'd admire your directness but shouldn't we attempt either a deception or see if there is a hidden entrance or even a visible one from the back or even some sort of combination of both?"


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

I will not be part of burning the building. There may be noncombatants that are harmed. We must find another way.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||
Malnival Selintin wrote:
I will not be part of burning the building. There may be noncombatants that are harmed. We must find another way.

"...oh. Right. Sorry about that." Maeve blushes a bit. "Let me sneak around then, see if there's anthing."

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Malnival Selintin wrote:
I will not be part of burning the building. There may be noncombatants that are harmed. We must find another way.

Heng nods, "I agree, it would be best to reconnoiter first and see what the situation is exactly."

Heng listens at the door.
perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Yeah, I won't be part of that either. We don't know who's in there or why. Let's move around the back and look in the windows."

Harlan moves quietly with his crossbow out.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Parity draws his sword and casts chill touch. He stays within 10 feet of Harlan.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Reconoitering around the farmhouse, you find two additional potential entrances on the north side. One is on the northwest side, and the other is through a woolery. This room is open to the outside through a wide archway where carts can be pushed in for loading. Bundles of raw wool are piled along the walls next to buckets of water and urine for scouring. A bench holding combs for carding the wool sits beside the door leading into the main building.

Heng:
Through the door, you hear clearly the sounds of many men in boisterous, drunken revelry. The din includes men shouting and boasting, woman laughing, dogs barking, and something squeaking. You can't tell what anyone is saying because it is entirely in Skald.

Updated map sent.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng catches up with the others. "There are many inside. They appear to be feeling festive.I heard women and dogs as well and.. something else. A squeaking sound like a rodent perhaps?"

Am I correct that it looks like the woolery enters the same area as the door I listened at?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

More or less, but there are no windows to confirm.

351 to 400 of 1,653 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.