Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


251 to 300 of 1,653 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 8
"Heng wrote:
"What does the lion's head mean, Kelda? Do they belong to a certain tribe?"

Kelda shakes her head, "No, not a tribe. But they have svorn allegiance to a chieftain. And for their loyalty, that chieftain gave them the armbands as a marker, and probably prowided them veapons, armor... and their ship."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Malnival/Maeve:
You do not detect any magic on the dead raider or the other prisoners. You think the effect that killed him might have been a curse or geas of some kind, but obviously powerful enought to kill the bearer.

My bad for neglecting to mention Atler and his people - they were fighting alongside you through the attack.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng ponders Kelda's information, "Interesting. We definitely have more questions than answers at this point."

Any idea if there are any ports or likely places a boatfull of raiders might come from on the river?
Know Geography 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Cursed. I think. Can't see anything, but that might just be because it's hidden," Maeve sighs. "Prisoners we can't actually question. Anything we can do with them? Ransom of some kind, maybe?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Heng wrote:
Any idea if there are any ports or likely places a boatfull of raiders might come from on the river?

Kalsgard is definately the nearest, largest port.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Also, Knowledge (Local) about anybody using the Lions-head logo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Maeve Haela wrote:
Also, Knowledge (Local) about anybody using the Lions-head logo: 1d20+6

Maeve has no ideas about the logo or its owner.

Anything else from anyone in this scene? Also, last call to make inputs to any of the previous scenes... I'll be advancing to Kalsgard next post.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Brinewall to Kalsgard, Week 2b:

Dates: 20 - 22 Rova 4711

Route: Lands of the Linnorm Kings (Skalsbridge -> Kalsgard)

Distance: 80 miles

Weather: Cold and gusty winds

Special Encounters: Kalsgard Arrival

After you finish picking up after the raiders' attack, you are able to get a short rest before dawn appears through the cold mist and you have to continue. The day after the assualt is miserably cold; the freezing fog clings all day long, obscuring the sun from allowing you any respite of warmth. The campfire that evening is a welcome break, and as darkness falls the fog finally clears, revealing a sky full of glittering stars.

The gusting wind and cold continue through the night and over the next days, but at least the sun warms you a little while you travel. As you near Kalsgard, the signs of civilization steadily increase - farmsteads, passing traders and guard patrols, fishermen on the river, and the like. Finally, just past mid-morning on the third day from Skalsbridge, you catch your first glimpse of Kalsgard at the top of a small rise.

For most of you, Kalsgard is positively the largest collection of buildings you have ever seen. Even this far north, it is a metropolis that rivals the more famous southern cities of Cheliax and Taldor. The sprawling mass of homes and halls runs along the southern shore of the Rimeflow's wide mouth. Thousands of white smoke columns rising from chimneys and hundreds of longships and boats moving along the docks attest to the city's many residents. Even miles away, a miasma of smoke, dirt, seawater and filth can be detected. On the horizon beyond is the vast expanse of the Steaming Sea.

Kalsgard Arrival

As you approach the city's eastern gate, one of the guards sees you and walks to intercept, waving his hand to have you stop. In rough, stilted Varisian, he says that Varisian caravans are not welcome to enter here, and must go to the Bone quarter, to the south. It takes you another hour to circle the city wall, but eventually you arrive and enter the walls of Kalsgard. The Bone quarter surprises you with the large amount of open fields and space, but it is also obviously a poorer part of the city. Not far from a number of other Varisians, you find a clear space to circle the wagons and set up camp.

Atler and his men take thier goods and depart with thanks for the goodwill and escort.


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 8

Kalsgard Arrival

Kelda steps forward, looking apprehensive. "I must take my leave as vell. I have to see to my brothers' funeral arrangments. Please do not think I abandon you now. I vill return to help you around Kalsgard, if you vill have me."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Kalsgard Arrival

"Thanks Kelda, Pharasma's blessing on your brother," Parity states, swirling his finger in a vague gesture of a spiral.

To the others

"Time to offload some items while we look for this sword? May be a good opening to ask questions of various merchants etc."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

On the Road

"I don't think that was a chance encounter with bandits. They likely rowed up the river from Kalsgard to find us. We must be careful when we arrive, I believe we will be expected."

Kalsgard.

Heng grasps the Northern's wrist. "Kelda, you have been a worthy companion. You of course have my condolences for your brother. When you have the time, I look forward to a tour of town."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Kalsgrad Arrival.

On Kelda's announcement, Maeve seems a little saddened but does seem to understand. "We'll see you later."

The girl hurries through her setup, getting ready for a long stay in the city mostly by packing the things that won't be needed for a long trip. Once that's done, though, she grins manically. "All right, I want to go check things out!"


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Kalsgrad Arrival
Malnival places his hand on the woman's shoulder as he speakes. "Of course Kelda. If you need anything, please let me know. I..we will be glad to have you back when you are ready." The elf removes his hand and grins before continueing, "I think we all could use a night of blowing off a little steam, and you can show us to the best taverns."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Thank you Kelda, you are of course welcome back. We will be here for a day or two repairing damage and stocking up on supplies for the next leg of our journey."

How much damage did we take in final from the attack? Is everybody ok with staying here until the caravan is healed up to full? I'll get a longer post up later today (or tonight), I'm working on the basement for most of the day.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Once camp is set up, Heng's looks for local pants and hooded parka not so much for their warmth, but to better conceal his unique appearance so that he blends in better with the crowds.

He then goes with Parity and Harlan to trade goods and unwanted arms and magical items.

Sell: Dancing Wasp,
6 MW Shuriken,
Fireworks- 4 Skyrockets
18 arrows
3 vials of ink
phylactery of faithfulness


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8

Kalsgard Arrival

While you are setting up camp, Sandru walks over to speak with some of the other Varisian merchants. He returns a few minutes later, half-smiling.

"Ran into some old acquaintences, up from Magnimar. Gave me some good words on the situation here. First off, the Kalsgard folk aren't keen our kind of caravan coming and going, so we're only allowed to setup here in the Bone quarter. We can come and go through the rest of the city, but have to leave the wagons here." He shrugs it off. "The good thing is I've got some friends here. We can merge our caravan with theirs for appearances and blend in... Gerik also gave me some names where we can get some quick supplies and repair stuffs."

Sandru walks over to a sandy patch and draws a U-shape with a stick, then a big wavy line across its open end. He then segments the U with internal lines. "A rough map of the city. We are here, in the Bone quarter," he points to the south-central subdivision. "Newer quarter of the city, which is why its got so many open spaces, but kind of a haven for the down and out." Sandru goes on to explain the rest of Kalsgard. "The Horn quarter is basically farmers and ranchers from lands nearby the city. The Stone quarter has a good number of smiths, stonemasons, and 'learned'. The Ivory and Amber quarters are together, and comprise the hub of manufacture and trade for the city. The Oak quarter on the eastern shore has a lot of the lumber industry, shipyards, and woodworkers of all sorts. On the far west is the Jade quarter, where a large number of Tian immigrants gather. Lastly, the Fire and Ice quarters are the heart of the city; the oldest parts, and they hold most of the river and sea trading markets, inns and taverns of all kinds."

Kalsgard map sent

His long talk done, Sandru sighs. "Now, I can stay here and arrange repairs and resupply. You all can hub out of here, of course, but you might consider getting a room in a busier quarter. Remember, we need to find a guide; someone that knows the Path of Aganhei, so while you're asking around about the family sword, see what you can get."

Sandru looks around the group. "Anything I missed?"

I tallied a total 56 points of damage to the caravan from the raiders attack.


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2

Kalsgard Arrival

After a few moments of silence, Ameiko coughs and chimes in. "Thank you, Sandru. We'll find a capable guide, or this trip is going to be very short. I, for one, would love to see the Jade quarter. I have never been around more than a handful of Tian people, and those were pretty much my family." She gives a sheepish smile.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"Ooooh, that sounds like a good place to start. Let'sgolet'sgolet'sgo!!!!"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng agrees to Ameiko's suggestion. "That is probably where I will find the biggest market for the first 3 items I need to sell."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan nods after Sandru is done.

"I'll go with Heng, we've some items to sell, including the gear those raiders had on them. I suggest we keep the bracelets for now. If somebody in town sees we're selling their dead friends bracelets they might get mad. We'll trade them once we get to Tian. While we're parked here maybe some of the other caravans will lend us their men to fix the damage to our wagons?"

Caravan Repair
Caravan is at 69/150 hp and we have 4 repair units.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 = 81/150
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 = 94/150
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 = 123/150
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 = 133/150

All four repair units used.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 = 145/150
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 = 150/150

2 more units purchased, at a cost of 50 gp. I have the 500 gp from the stranded travelers listed in the caravan stores, but we can split that out if the party wants.

"Sandru, it will take some time to repair the wagons. If we hire 5 wainwrights it will take 2 days, if we stick to Parity alone it will take 6 days."

City

"It's been a busy few weeks hasn't it Prugk? We'll need more food, probably don't need more repair supplies though, we can scavenge those on the road."

After Heng and Parity finish with their selling Harlan will also arrange for stores to be delivered to the caravan.

"Also, we've some trade goods we should unload. Those bracelets will give us plenty of money on the other side, plus whatever we find on the way, but these goods here are just taking up space we could use for food."

Selling stuff, we have 5 units of trade goods, we'll need 5 Resolve checks to do so, which should be ok since we have lots of people with Bluff and Diplomacy and at least two days to do it in.
5d20 + 24 ⇒ (11, 6, 12, 15, 7) + 24 = 75

So 75 gold from selling that stuff. Minus 140 for stores puts us at 731.5 gold in caravan stores, with 410 person days of food. Once we hire a guide we'll have 27 days of operational range. I've left one unit of wagon space for the bracelets.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Jade Quarter

Criss-crossing the teeming streets of Kalsgard, you pick up a few details about Ulfen life in the city. In the Amber quarter, you notice the Ulfen like their jewelery. You pass by seemingly dozens of jewelers selling their intricare wares - armbands and torcs for men, brooches and necklaces for women, and rings and pins for both - wrought from steel, silver, gold and other valuable metals. You see many men wearing armbands similar to those on the raiders, but with many different patterns and symbols to mark their allegiances.

In the Ice quarter, you pass by the massive fortress-temple of Gorum and the curving sky-shrine to Desna. The scents of cooked food from the many resturaunts make your stomachs gurgle. In the middle of the quarter, you come upon a curious worn lump of stone about the size of a horse, set in the middle of a street intersection. As you watch, locals brush their hands against the stone as they pass by.

Finally, over an hour after you left, you reach the Jade quarter. After the stone and slate buildings of the Ulfen, the colorful, curving wood designs of the Tian immigrants here are a stark contrast. Although you see many Avistani amongst the crowd, the majority of the people are Tian in descent. Syllables of Tien are heard everywhere. Even the air smells different, with a mixture of exotic spice and sweat coming to the fore. For a few moments, you feel like you've stepped into another world, before an old lady barks at you rudely in accentless Common, telling you to stop standing in the middle of the street.


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2

Jade Quarter

"This is amazing," Ameiko says in a wonder, her eyes sparkling. "Let's find some place to eat, first. I'm bloody starving!" She points out a red-walled tavern with golden, square lanterns hanging over the door.

I leave the city to you at this time...


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival smiles at Ameiko, "That sounds like a plan my queen, I think my stomach has rubbed a blister on spine after all of that time on the road. Harlan is a good enough cook but there is only so many ways to cook gumbo."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve grins broadly at Ameiko's suggestion. "Smells good. I'll take anything other than gumbo at this point."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng follows quietly astonished and a bit intimidated by the size and bustle of the city. He has to remember to keep his head down and not gawk.

Post-Chop Suey

Heng feels more grounded after a delicious meal and goes about his business selling the gear while keeping his eyes open for danger.

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Unfortunately, the sights and sounds of the Jade Quarter fill his mind with thoughts of his mysterious father.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

@ Heng: You have no difficulty selling the extra gear. Unless you want to RP haggling or special deals, go with 50% for gear/armor/weapons, and 100% for gems and valuables.

@ Harlan: Sandru agrees with hiring on more people for repairs, selling trade goods, and perhaps expanding the caravan for more capacity.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Jade Quarter

"Smells exotic and sounds great ... i bet they've got some good stuff to smoke around here too, but food first! Parity will ask around a bit and see if any of the locals have any tobacco or related stuff per earlier requests.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Jade Quarter

The tavern, named the Emerald Dragon on a stylized Tian rune by the door, is unlike anything you've seen before. The inside is much more open and spacious than the streetfront would indicate. It is three stories tall, open in the center, with balconies on the upper levels overlooking a central garden of exotic flowers and manicured trees. A tall statue of a green, serpentine dragon stands in the middle of the garden, watching over the entire establishment with glittering eyes. The scent of barbequed meats coming from the kitchens is mouth-watering.

You find a couple open tables and push them together to make room for the seven of you. Shalelu remains quiet, but her eyes are soaking in the details of the exotic place. Ameiko is nearly hopping with excited energy. A barmaid comes over to get your orders, reminding you nothing so much as Ameiko perhaps five years younger.

Parity:
Asking around the street, you get directed to a small smoke shop not too far from the tavern. In addition to several flavors of tobacco leaf, they also sell flyleaf and pesh in expensive doses. (twice the listed price)


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

DM Nomadsage:
Parity will offer to buy 5 doses of pesh for the price of 4.
I assume you're using the Pesh from the Gamemaster Guide vs Adventurer's Armory?


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve looks towards the kitchen with longing excitement in her own eyes. "What should we have first? Or second? Oh, I know, we just want one of everything on the menu! Maybe if we just put it all in the middle and everybody can have some? Oh, and make sure the drinks come fast, it smells a little spicy. Is there any special way to eat it? What drinks would you recommend?" The last few are directed at the barmaid, leaning in wide-eyed for the response.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Jade Quarter

Maeve Haela wrote:
Maeve looks towards the kitchen with longing excitement in her own eyes. "What should we have first? Or second? Oh, I know, we just want one of everything on the menu! Maybe if we just put it all in the middle and everybody can have some? Oh, and make sure the drinks come fast, it smells a little spicy. Is there any special way to eat it? What drinks would you recommend?" The last few are directed at the barmaid, leaning in wide-eyed for the response.

The girl is taken aback by Maeve's barrage of questions, but she laughs at her unfettered enthusiasm. "The beer is good," she replies. "Its got a bite, but its a favorite in the city. I can bring out a platter of barbequed ribs, seaweed wraps, with some roasted vegetables... enough for the group?"

Parity:
Yes, from the GM guide. The shopkeep counter-offers 11 for the price of 10.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Jade Quarter
Malnival grins at Maeve's interigation of the waitress and chimes in after she answers, "Do you have anything stronger than beer? Perhaps something of Tian make?


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Jade Quarter

"Too funny, Maeve ... it's like you miss the kitchen scene," Parity snickers. "I'll eat a horse, young lady, bring whatever you've got."

DM NomadSage:
6 for 5


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Jade Quarter

Malnival Selintin wrote:
"Do you have anything stronger than beer? Perhaps something of Tian make?

She nods, "I'll bring a carafe of rice wine." The maid leaves and returns fifteen minutes later with a large, wooden platter piled with assorted foods; some familiar, others not. The flavors are a mixture of sweet and spicy, but those of you with more discerning palettes can pick out familiar flavors. The dark beer is strong, as advertised, and the rice wine burns like drinking fire.

When coming by to deliver your second (or third) round of drinks, the barmaid asks, smiling, "It's clear you aren't locals. What brings you to Kalsgard?"

Parity:
Done!


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Jade Quarter

"I don't suppose the cook would let me watch in the kitchen? I am a few recipes to trade."

Harlan seems eager at the possibility of learning some new cooking techniques.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Caravan

"We can add one more wagon Sandru. I've been thinking, with all of these attacks what I'd really like to add is an armored wagon. It might not carry as many goods but it'll help us make it through any fights easier. We'd need some money to make it happen though. Another possibility would be reinforcing the undercarriage of the existing wagons. That would let us travel farther every day."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Jade Quarter

Harlan Starshine wrote:
"I don't suppose the cook would let me watch in the kitchen? I am a few recipes to trade."

The girl smiles widely, "I'd have to ask my father, but I'm sure he won't mind." When she returns from placing the order, she nods and leads Harlan back to the kitchen. There he is able to watch a few Tian men and women work the food. Their recipes aren't particularly exotic, once seen, but the ritualistic precision used in preparation is eye-opening.

Figure this was all before the meal was served. Her query still stands.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
DM NomadSage wrote:

Jade Quarter

When coming by to deliver your second (or third) round of drinks, the barmaid asks, smiling, "It's clear you aren't locals. What brings you to Kalsgard?"

The very model of moderation, Heng abstains from the drinking, but takes small samples of the novel foods. He gives a slight smile to the waitress's query. "You are correct, we are travellers though some of us have Tian blood. We wish to travel the road over the World's Crown and visit those distant lands for ourselves. Do you know anyone who has made this journey before?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Jade Quarter

Maeve digs in with quite a bit of gusto, although she pauses more than long enough to taste the food. When the barmaid stops, she smiles even though Heng beats her to the response. "We also have business in town. Trading and so on. Though I think we're a little late in the season for our trip, might be stuck here for a few months."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Jade Quarter - Kitchen

"Oh that's amazing. No it's so simple. That's perfect for the road, I could make that with...yes that's it. Does it work just as well dried? It does? That's great! And the side effects are minimal? They won't even notice? That's perfect. Yes, deliver it to the caravan tomorrow morning. Thank you."

Jade Quarter

"Guys the kitchen is amazing, I think I can cook some of it for us on the road. They have the best spices, you're going to love them!"

Caravan

"Sandru, how often will we be seeing a town on the road ahead? Can I see that map again?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Jade Quarter

Heng wrote:
"You are correct, we are travellers though some of us have Tian blood. We wish to travel the road over the World's Crown and visit those distant lands for ourselves. Do you know anyone who has made this journey before?"

The girl shrugs. "I don't know... I mean, a lot of people here in the Jade quarter, like my family, have come over from Tian Xia, but, you know, few can afford to go back. The trader guilds have caravans that go to and from pretty often. It's a long trip though... I can't imagine being away from home for so long." Her last comment unintentionally makes Ameiko wince. "I could ask my dad, if you like?" the maid offers. "He probably knows better."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8

Jade Quarter - Kitchen... LOL!

Caravan

Sandru opens up his large scale map, but throws up his hands in defeat. "There's really not much to look at here. I don't have the kind of detailed map we need to plot the route. That's why we need a guide so badly."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Jade Quarter

"Let's not forget to ask her about Fynn Snaevald when she returns." Parity reminds everyone, talking about the Ulfen merchant who purchased the sword.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Caravan

"I see your point. Well, let's hope we can find a good guide then. We're basically at the end of civilization here, but there is enough traffic going through here to house an entire quarter of outsiders, so there must be one or two willing to go back."

[/b]Jade Quarter[/b]

"Ooh that's a good idea Parity. I really want to meet her dad, he seems nice so far. You know, if there are people willing to go back but can't afford it we're going to have to make sure we get a good guide and now somebody who just 'sorta remembers the way'. Maybe we could have tryouts? How about we get all of our guide candidates together and I cook them up a nice big batch of black bean goat chili. Then, we blindfold them and drop them off a mile or two from town. Whomever survives the chili and the trip wins. What do you think? Heng?"


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Jade Quarter

Maeve shakes her head. "Not here. We aren't going to avoid it forever, but asking about him in the Jade Quarter is begging for exactly the wrong sort of attention. I was going to check out the Ivory and Amber quarters tomorrow asking about antiquities dealers, and try the Fire and Ice quarters after that."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"We want to find a Tien sword but we don't want to ask about the merchant, whose name we know, in the place where it's likely to be found? That's some bizarre reasoning. Whatever, you do the talking, I'll just follow around."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (Swashbuckler) 8

Caravan

Harlan Starshine wrote:
"I see your point. Well, let's hope we can find a good guide then. We're basically at the end of civilization here, but there is enough traffic going through here to house an entire quarter of outsiders, so there must be one or two willing to go back."

"But not just some exhile that did the trek once. There are professionals that run the Path of Aganhei on a regular basis. They know the route, the hazards, the shortcuts, supply stops... all of it. Going into a trackless hinterland, we're going to need that expertise to get through."


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 7

Jade Quarter

"I have to agree with Maeve on this one. Until we know the nature of those that hunt us, we should try to be subtle. If we can get a local, like Kelda, to do the asking, it would be less conspicuious. To be honest, cities... and humans, are not my best subject." Shalelu gives a rare half-smile.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Harlan Starshine wrote:


" Maybe we could have tryouts? How about we get all of our guide candidates together and I cook them up a nice big batch of black bean goat chili. Then, we blindfold them and drop them off a mile or two from town. Whomever survives the chili and the trip wins. What do you think? Heng?"

Heng chuckles gently, "Now that would be a trial by fire as they say, depending on how much spice you used, Harlan. A worthy suggestion, but I am a bit of a traditionalist and I think I'd prefer an experienced professional with some strong recommendations."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve grins at Harlan's suggestion, but then turns serious. "Okay, how about this. Harlan, why don't you and Sandru take Heng and Parity tomorrow and go looking for a reputable guide, preferably someone free from local attachments. A Tien from somewhere other than Minkai would be best, or a local. I can take Shalelu and Malnival as backup while I look for our antiquities dealer. Just try to be careful who you talk to?"


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2

Jade Quarter

Maeve Haela wrote:
"... I can take Shalelu and Malnival as backup while I look for our antiquities dealer. Just try to be careful who you talk to?"

"And I'll go with you?" Ameiko pipes in, but her smile fades as she thinks about it. "I guess I should stay in hiding or something." She sighs loudly, pouting into her beer. "This sucks. I still want to see more of the city."

251 to 300 of 1,653 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.