Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


201 to 250 of 1,653 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Round 4
HP:13/35 (before Harlan's heal)
AC: 19 (17 after cleave)
Status: Blind, bless, inspired, sun metal

Parity feels the impending throng, grit his teeth and shoots multi-colore light out of the end of his sword hitting the max number of folks.

Standard: cast color spray DC: 14 (think it hits 4 targets with a 15 foot range, step back 5 feet if necessary to hit more. Cleave penalty ends this round.

Defensive cast concentration DC16: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 4 + 4 = 29


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Argh! It did it again! 3 rd time trying to get this round off!

5' step to left of Heng

Concentration :1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Fail

Attack :1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Spell Ranged Touch (acid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Mal- I stepped back to close ranks with you and Harlan. No need to step up.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Four

Heng continues to keep up a quick-paced attack to push back the numerous raiders while stepping back into the others. Harlan moves between Heng and Parity while brushing a healing hand over Parity's back, partially staunching his numerous wounds.

The raiders press in closer, continuing their brutal assault. Through sheer skill and a little luck, they only land a couple of glancing blows in the exchange, but now have the group almost completely surrounded.

Parity shifts back to gain a little space, stepping into the campfire while casting a quick incantation; a moment later, a blast of scintillating colors hits three of the raiders full on... all three are immediately knocked unconcious. Malnival and Maeve continue to fight, but don't make any meaningful hits.

Mal's stated movement is blocked by Heng. Need a DC 13 Ref save from Parity to avoid 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 fire damage from the campfire. Actions for R5? (hopefully I can pick up the pace here...)

Dice:
Raider 2 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 32 {miss}
Raider 3 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 16 {miss}
Raider 6 vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 17 {miss}
Raider 8 vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 71; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Raider 9 vs Malnival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 71 {miss}
Raider 10 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 40 {miss}
Raider 11 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 95 {miss}
Raider 12 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 23 {miss}
Raider 13 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 74 {miss}
Raider 14 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 41; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Raider 6 Will save vs Parity's color spray: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Raider 13 Will save vs Parity's color spray: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Raider 14 Will save vs Parity's color spray: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
... unconcious for 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 rounds.

Raiders vs Caravan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25; Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 = 15
Caravan vs Raiders: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The melee rages on in the misty darkness. You hear the cry of someone in pain, though you aren't sure if its friend or foe. Ameiko shouts a taunting curse, her voice laughing in the fray. A loud crunch of splintering wood betells the fate of one of the wagons.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 5

Maeve keeps on her defensive stance, spinning around wildly while looking for a good chance to hit.

AC: 15, HP 31/31, Performance 7/11. Same actions as before.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16
Damage 1: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 100

Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 3
Damage 2: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 10

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Initiative: Heng [R], Harlan [15], raiders [10], Parity [7], Maeve [6], Malnival [5]

Round 5
Heng- AC 17, hp 13/37, Ki 1/6, Stun 1/4

Heng lowers his guard for a ferocious burst of attacks on the raiders as they press forward.
Ki for extra flurry. Stun on #8.

flurry v. #3 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 10
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 28
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + (5) = 16

flurry v. #2 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 25
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 6
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + (1) = 9

flurry v. #8 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 93
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + (4) = 12

le sigh


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Round 5
HP: 14/35
AC: 19
Status: Blind, bless, inspired, sun metal, chaincloth cloak

Reflext save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Doing a bit of the heavy lifting here folks, could use some help!" Parity shouts out between gasps for air, "Harlan, step away from what sounds like a wall of badness and behind me, if you please.

Move:5-foot step (see below), Standard: Cleave attempt, Swift: Arcane Strike, Free: Power Attack

Parity's movement depends on where the raiders and Harlan move, but the goal is to step somewhere where there are 2 adjacent opponents for a cleave.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 92,1d100 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (4) = 18

Cleave:
To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 41,1d100 ⇒ 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (3) = 16


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 7 Init 15

Status:

HP = 23/29
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = None
Bolts = 20/20
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (2d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +3 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Cure Moderate Wounds (DC16), Resist Energy (DC 16), Restoration, Lesser (DC 16)
1 6/7 Cure Light Wounds (DC 15), Bless, Burning Disarm (DC15), Sun Metal (DC 15), Detect Undead
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark
Status Effects = Bless, Inspire

Harlan steps back and channels.

5' step to between Heng and Raider 15. Channel for 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 excluding 4 injured raider.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Parity wrote:
"Doing a bit of the heavy lifting here folks, could use some help!"

talk to the dicebot ; P

hp 21/37


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Round 4

Concentration: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26

Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Shocking Grasp Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 23[/dice]

Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Shocking grasp damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 3) = 15


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Six

Heng continues to fight, using his ki energy to enter a blur of lightning attacks, but the raider's block and dodge to avoid them. One of the Ulfen laughs at the monk, belittling his woeful hapless attempts in Skald. Harlan keeps moving back while delivering a burst of healing energy to his companions.

Even with a few down and three ensorceled, the Ulfen press the fight. One keeps after Harlan, even in his retreat, but only lands a harmless clip off his armor. Maeve fends off one attacker, but then gets a cut across the back as a second moves in to flank. Heng and Parity take glancing hits as well.

Parity moves intbetween two of the raiders, slicing one down with a single, mortal strike, then spinning to hit the other, unfortunately misjudging the second attack. Malnival hits and drops another raider with a spell-infused scimitar strike, and Maeve slams her original foe with a strong kick, though he shakes it off and keeps fighting.

No map update right now, but I'll put one out later. Changes are R8 is where Harlan was, R11 is dead, R9 is dead, and R15 is one space right (flanking Maeve). Actions for R6?

Dice:

Raider 2 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 89 {miss}
Raider 3 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 21; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Raider 8 vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 64 {miss}
Raider 9 vs Malnival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 93 {miss}
Raider 10 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 35 {miss}
Raider 11 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 67; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Raider 12 vs Parity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 81 {miss}
Raider 15 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 73; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Raiders vs Caravan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23; Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16
Caravan vs Raiders: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The battle contines with no clear advantage to either side, though one of the wagons is now alight with fire, giving the mists an eerie orange glow. Koya calls an angry warning to Sandru, then shouts to Desna for healing power.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 7

AC: 13, HP 26/31, Performance 6/11

Maeve quickly shifts away from the attacker at her back, laying into the first in hopes of bringing him down quickly.

5-foot step to the east, flurry, swift to Arcane Strike, free to keep up performance (and Janni Style is still in effect, so only AC 12 against flank instead of 11). Lastly, because I forgot to say it, doing non-lethal damage.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage 1: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7
Miss Chance 1: 1d100 ⇒ 11

Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage 2: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9
Miss Chance 2: 1d100 ⇒ 79

Attack 2 (Critical): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage 2 (Critical): 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5

EDIT: Actually checked the map - five foot step to the east, not Southwest. Not moving into a raider's square.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Oops, I meant Round 7...


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Ack... now I'm all confused. It is now the end of round 5, going into round 6! Map just sent.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

[Round 6]
HP: 16/35
AC: 19 (17 currently)
Status: Blind, Bless, Inspired, Chaincloth Cloak, Sun metal

Wash, rinse, repeat.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 41, 1d100 ⇒ 50
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (4) = 18

Cleave
To hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 66, 1d100 ⇒ 35
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (1) = 11

Damn it.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Initiative: Heng [R], Harlan [15], raiders [10], Parity [7], Maeve [6], Malnival [5]

Round 6
Heng- AC 17, hp 17/37, Ki 0/6, Stun 0/4

Ignoring the jibe, Heng offers a small prayer to the ancestors on his orc side and releases another burst of flying foot and fist.
Ki for extra flurry. Stun on #8. Better luck this time?

flurry v. #3 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 74
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + (6) = 11

flurry v. #2 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 22
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 8
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + (4) = 11

flurry v. #8 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 8
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 74
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + (4) = 14

wow, never really liked that side of the family anyway.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival turns to another raider and presses the attack.
Use Arcane pool to recast Shocking Grasp
Concentration: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 26 Crit!
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 85

Damage:1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 22
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

Spell Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 10 Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 17
Scimitar Damage:1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Shocking Grasp Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 4) = 15


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 6 Init 15

Status:

HP = 29/29
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = None
Bolts = 20/20
Speed = 15'
Channel = 4/5 (2d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +3 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Cure Moderate Wounds (DC16), Resist Energy (DC 16), Restoration, Lesser (DC 16)
1 6/7 Cure Light Wounds (DC 15), Bless, Burning Disarm (DC15), Sun Metal (DC 15), Detect Undead
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark
Status Effects = Bless, Inspire

Sorry all, I posted my last actions as Round 7 instead of Round 5, which of course means I had no idea what was going on last night when I checked to see if it was my turn.

Harlan reaches out and attempts to heal Heng without getting hit.

CMW defensively using one charge from the shiney.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 = DC 19 for 2d8 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 7) + 5 + (6, 5) = 26


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Six (for real, this time)

Heng burns out the rest of his ki power, trying to land a strike... any strike, but Desna (and the raider) continue to laugh. Harlan taps Heng with his wand, completely healing the monk's wounds.

The raider on Harlan roars something in Skald, and a couple of his comrades move to get at the halfling, barraging him with axe strikes. Luckily, only one gets through. Heng's woes continue as he takes a slicing cut on the leg, and a near-mortal blow to the shoulder.

Maeve's foe also pierces her defenses, leaving a deep wound across her ribs. Wincing, she spins away before coming around with a high kick and knocking him to the ground, unconcious.

Parity's attack goes wide, but Malnival is able to turn his spellstrike and cut down one of Heng's assailants.

Inputs for R7?

Dice:
Raider 2 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 22; Damage: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 6 = 19
Raider 3 vs Heng: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 69; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Raider 8 vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 6 {miss}
Raider 10 vs Maeve: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 68; Damage: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5, 8) + 6 = 22
Raider 12 vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 80; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Raider 15 vs Harlan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 / Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 81 {miss}

Raider 2 Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 {confirmed}
Raider 10 Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 {confirmed}

Kelda calls out a victory yaulp as she cuts down two of the raiders, and you hear a responding cheer from the others as they press them back.

Raiders vs Caravan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25; Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8
Caravan vs Raiders: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24; Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Round 7
HP: 16/35
AC: 19 (17 currently)
Status: Blind, Bless, Inspired, Chaincloth Cloak, Sun metal

"Don't touch the halfling," Parity growls swinging at Raider 12.

Same as before, standard will be to channel chill touch

To hit:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 96,1d100 ⇒ 25
Damage:1d8 + 7 + 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (2) + (1) = 11 +1 str damage

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Hey Harlan- thanks for all the healing. Too bad it didn't last very long. :P Def saved my bacon though.

Round 7
Heng- AC 17, hp 11/37, Ki 0/6, Stun 0/4

Heng gasps as the axe tears into his shoulder. Holding himself together with his other hand he headbutts the northman and knees him in the groin. Regular flurry is all I have left. Then 5' back between Harlan and Maeve.

flurry v. #2 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 13
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 31
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + (2) = 13

flurry v. #2 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 22
concealment 1d100 ⇒ 43
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + (6) = 17


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 7 Init 15

Status:

HP = 19/29
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = None
Bolts = 20/20
Speed = 15'
Channel = 4/5 (2d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +3 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Cure Moderate Wounds (DC16), Resist Energy (DC 16), Restoration, Lesser (DC 16)
1 6/7 Cure Light Wounds (DC 15), Bless, Burning Disarm (DC15), Sun Metal (DC 15), Detect Undead
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark
Status Effects = Bless, Inspire

Harlan turns to the raiders as he puts his hands on his hips.

"Now you guys are just being rude. Run away already."

Channel for 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 excluding up to 4 injured raiders.

Well, I hope we end them this turn, it's about to get ugly.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival takes a 5' step sout to stand besides Harlan and attack yet another raider.

You heared the blind man, leave the halfling alone!

Attack: 1d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 91
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 7

HP: 10 AC: 13 Performance: 6/11

"I...have had...enough." Maeve spins backwards, away from the fighting, and blows some mystical motes out of her pouch.

Free to perform, swift to Arcane Strike (just in case), then a move plus acrobatics 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 to get back a bit without provoking, and then starting to cast sleep


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round Seven

Heng drops the mocking Ulfen with a crushing knee strike to the groin, before stepping back. Harlan helps with another healing burst, hoping that the fight is almost over. His wish comes true, as with so many of their comrades down and sounds of retreat coming from the mists, the few remaining raiders break and run. Parity and Malnival get in a couple swings at the fleeing northmen, but by the time Maeve readies her sleep spell, there are no targets in sight.

End of Combat!

"Get some buckets!" you hear Sandru call. "We can still salvage the wagon if we can quench this fire..."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Oh no!"

Harlan limps over to the wagon on fire, using Create Water to help put out the flames.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Parity cuts the throats of 2 color sprayed raiders and ties up the third. "Desna ain't smiling any more."


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival wipes the blood from his scimitar then lends a hand at extenguishing the fires.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng gently touches the long fresh scar across his left pectoral muscle. "That nearly got to the heart of the matter," he jokes poorly and then tiredly goes to help with the fire.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Fury of the Northmen

With quick reactions and Harlan's magic, you put out the burning wagon in time to limit the damage to merely cosmetic. Even so, the caravan and its people have been fairly battered by the attack. Shalelu is relatively unscathed, Ameiko and Sandru have several cuts and bruises, but Kelda is (again) well bloodied, and Koya is unconcious but stable. Vankor, Bevelek and the other drivers survived the defense, but two of them are also down with severe wounds.

As you tally the dead and dying, you determine up to fourty Ulfen began the attack, but ten or less made it away; you took three prisoners. The raiders carried fairly similar gear - chain shirts, helmets, round shields and battle axes - but notably, they all wear gold arm-rings emblazoned with a stylized lion's head.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Seeing his beloved Tata injured, Heng rushes to Koya's side. "Harlan! Can you yet help her?!" he calls as he gets out a potion of curing from the stash.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Yes, gather everybody to within thirty feet of me."

Harlan raises his arms and begins to channel healing energy.

Channel for 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 82d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 92d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

"Does anybody recognize this symbol? We should throw their gear into the wagons and sell it at the next town to pay for repairs and the journey. Speaking of, we'll want to move at least a day away from here and then spend a day or two repairing the wagons, I don't want to get into another fight like that with this kind of damage."


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 8

Fury of the Northmen

Kelda walks amidst the carnage, checking the fallen raiders identities and muttering a short prayer for each. At the end, she stands and holds her bloody sword and hand axe high.

"Gorum, ta disse falne brødre og søstre inn i hallen din, ta dem mjød og synge kamp sanger. De var fiender og beseiret, men de døde i kamp, snart skal jeg hilse dem i hall, men som venner." She then begins an Ulfen dirge in a husky voice.

Skald:
"Gorum, take these fallen brothers and sisters into your hall, bring them mead and sing battle songs. They were enemies and vanquished, but they died in battle; soon I will greet them in your hall, but as friends."


Female Human (Varisian) Cleric 5 of Desna / Harrower 3

As Harlan's healing washes over the group, Koya awakens, coughing slightly. She winces as she sits up, but smiles at Heng's aid. "Thank you," she says, eyes glittering. "I'll have to be more careful around angry hordes."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk
Koya Mvashti *DM* wrote:
"I'll have to be more careful around angry hordes."

"I should hope so!" Kaul says. "I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you... and we have many places to see yet." he finishes weakly. Heng determines he needs to keep a better eye on the priestess in the future.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

In the aftermath of the battle, Maeve seems confused. So much so she almost misses Harlan's healing. Slowly she shakes her head out. "Okay, this doesn't make any sense. Not this close to Kalsgrad. And the terrain doesn't seem right either. Ameiko? Did they seem to be after you? Or maybe you, Sandru, targeting the caravan?"


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification
Koya Mvashti *DM* wrote:
As Harlan's healing washes over the group, Koya awakens, coughing slightly. She winces as she sits up, but smiles at Heng's aid. "Thank you," she says, eyes glittering. "I'll have to be more careful around angry hordes."

"Glad to hear you can hold your own." Parity states sarcastically before moving towards Maeve to listen to her questions.

"Aren't Ulfen just born raiders? It's in their blood no? Of course, there was that raven thing. Anyone see it or its owner?"


Female Human (Tian) Aristocrat 1 / Bard 6 / Rogue (Rake) 2
Maeve Haela wrote:
"Okay, this doesn't make any sense. Not this close to Kalsgrad. And the terrain doesn't seem right either. Ameiko? Did they seem to be after you? Or maybe you, Sandru, targeting the caravan?"

Ameiko shakes her head, thoughtful trying to recall details from the battle. "No one specifically came after me, as far as I could tell. It was all chaos and noise, but for Sandru's orders. They only teamed up on Koya after she started casting healing magic. Other than that, they seemed as interested in me as anyone else."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve looks to Kelda first, and speaks in Skald.

Skald:
"Sorry about him. I'm afraid his mouth is not connected to his soul."

Having said...whatever, she begins to pace. "No one is 'born' anything, not like that." Turning back around, she looks up into the mist. "Too organized for amateurs. Kalsgrad's a big city, unlikely to have armed bandits nearby, not in these numbers." Turn. "Bad for business. Leaves urban criminals. Gangsters, thugs, politicans...Lion's-head armbands are a clue, means they all work for the same group." Turn. "Didn't go for Ameiko, but knew to focus on us. Why? How?" Turn. "Raven might be related, but might not. No, no, it's all just disconnected facts right now." Finally she looks up at the group. "I guess we're going to have to question them to get any answers. Heng, can you and Malnival check out their ship? Your eyes will be able to see it better, maybe there will be another clue there."


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

Parity laughs and finds somewhere to sit down and rest, "They're raiders ... I don't know what else to tell you. We aren't that special, we were just armed, so generally you try and kill the armed folks first. It's what I'd do if I wasn't "honestly employed" ... heh. Up here, it's not like it's civilization like you're used to. Tried to tell you that before but you dismissed me as if we were walking down the cobblestone path to meet the king. Roads and merchant routes draw bandits and raiders ... its a sorta supply and demand thing. I seriously doubt there was any object behind this other than the huge merchant wagons behind us full of goodies to keep bellies fed for a couple months. Question away though, I'd love to be wrong and have someone to go throttle for this."


Female Elf Fighter 2 / Ranger 7

Shalelu frowns, but gives Parity's words creedence. "While it's true we should not be jumping at shadows, the coincidence here seems too strong to lay this off as 'just raiders'. What of the blood-feather raven? We know we are sought by dark powers - if that bird is someone's familiar, its not a stretch to believe the raiders were sent here to intercept us."

"I, for one, would be interested in what they have to say for themselves."

A search of the river shore and under the bridge shows the fleeing Ulfen took their boat with them.


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve nods, and goes to wake up one of the raiders, speaking in Skald first.

Skald:
"All right, listen. Personally, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not interested in revenge, or really anything but knowing what the hell is going on here. My companions, on the other hand, can be a bloodthirsty, amoral bunch at times. So if you know anything, please speak up so I don't have to try to stop them."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Maeve Haela wrote:
Maeve nods, and goes to wake up one of the raiders, speaking in Skald first.

The raider stares at you, initially surprised that you can speak his language. But then his face hardens, and he remains tight-lipped in silence.


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival cast a spell and looks over the items gatherd from the raiders.
Detect Magic

Afterwards he joins the group listening to the discusion.
"This was a good sized group to attack us. With the Blood-Feather Raven watching us I beleive it is to much of a coincident for this to be a random attack."

After Maeve begins the questioning the elf holds ZValwen out on his left arm towards the raider and grins. " My pet loves soft flesh human, the softer the better. Have you ever seen what birds of prey do to thier kills? The eyes and lips are the first to go usually. Did you know that you can live for a long long time with out those?" Malnival laughs then leans in closer to the captive. "I suggest you answer her question human. My falcon looks hungry."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne
Malnival Selintin wrote:
"I suggest you answer her question human. My falcon looks hungry."

Malnival's target is visibly disturbed by your display, and he seems ready to talk. He hesitates for a moment, but then takes another glance at Valwen, and opens his mouth to speak...

... and his entire body convulses violently. Blood runs from his nose and ears, and his eyes turn red. A few seconds later, the Ulfen warrior slumps over, dead.

Malnival does not detect any magic from the raiders' items.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Oh that's just...gross. Why would anybody do that?"

Harlan tugs his chin before examining the body.

Heal check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Well, he's dead all right. I guess if we're only a few days from the city we should press on, but I'd like to spend some time there fixing up the wagons. We should ask around after this group to see if anybody knows anything."

Harlan will then begin stacking the gear into the wagons.


Male Human Vanguard 11 (AC:24; F:12 R:7 W:10, Perc:+22)
Status:
  • HP:114/114
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 4/4
  • Spell Grapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 11/11
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 2/5, 3rd: 4/5, 4th: 1/2
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 2/3, see invisibility: 2/3, resist cold: 2/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, resist cold, airwalk, see invisibility, bulls strength, keen edge, invisibility, stoneskin (110), endure elements, light fortification

"Huh ... you shoulda bet me, Maeve, cuz that just ain't normal," Parity concedes. "Should we save the other two the agony of that affair and just kill them cleanly?"

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng looks around for the Ulfen merchants that joined our caravan.
What happened to them? Were they in on the ambush?

He tries to follow Maeve's thinking, "I do not think this was anything more than a raid. What does the lion's head mean, Kelda? Do they belong to a certain tribe?"

After the warrior spontaneously hemorrhages, Heng reconsiders. "THat certainly is not normal. It stinks of dark sorcery. Perhaps Maeve is on to something."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve takes several steps backwards in surprise and shock as the man dies. She's too shaken for anything resembling an 'I told you so,' just turning and casting detect magic directly on the two surviving raiders.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Level 11 Magus, INIT:6, AC:24, HP:40/83, F:7 R:10 W: 7, Perception 14 (17 Sight)

Malnival jumps back from the raider and watches him die. "This does not bode well. Not well at all." He takes a knee and begins to exame the body, being careful not to touch the blood itself. "Fowl sorcery if I have ever seen it."

See what I did there, FOWL sorcery, get it?"

Cast detect magic on the body.

Knowledge Arcane: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

201 to 250 of 1,653 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.