Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master nomadicc

A Pathfinder RPG Play-by-Post game following the Jade Regent Adventure Path.


651 to 700 of 1,653 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 8

"They von't launch until the fog clears, so ve... um, you hawe some time to prepare. I know a boat seller not too far from here... for Parity, Harlan and vhoewer does not swim, I can buy some two-man kayaks." Kelda's head drops. "That is, if I had money. Utleheim's men took all I had left, and my svord and armor."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

"Two-man kayaks? I do not know much about boats, but that sounds rather small. We should have held on to Kelda's funeral boat. I believe I am the best swimmer so I can stay and be ready to swim out if they launch before you return."

how many guards are there anyway?


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

It's hard to determine. The crowd is pretty large and populated mostly with Ulfen warriors... probably all of them would take exception to you climbing aboard their liege's casket.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Constantly equipping her ... she's like a teenager

"Let's kayak it ... I'm good with that. We can pretend we're fishing. HA! After we check the boat, we need to get back in touch with these Rimerunner clowns, though."

Parity frowns, feeling that he's forgetting something.

That damn sword ... who and why, and where could it be ... another caravan? Have the Rimerunners sent a ... ?

"Hey, Harlan! Remind me to ask that thief-brother of yours if he knows the caravans that have departed in the last 24 hours, to the north."


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

"Hey now, my brother is no thief!"

At least he's not the one that robbed you blind...ok that wasn't nice. Maybe I'll just make sure he gets a little extra goat in his chili. No, that's not nice either.

"I'll ask him though."


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

"All I have right now is this short sword, but I would be honored for you to use it." The elf removes the short sword and sheath from his weapon belt and holds it out to the ulfen warrior.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Nomadsage:
Fort Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27; thought the penalty was based on withdrawal not for always taking it. i.e. once I fail (which will happen if it didn't happen this time), I take the damage when NOT on pesh. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was how it worked.

"He's a Varisian, isn't he?" Parity grins, "Harlan, I'm just trying to get your goat ... HA! But seriously, ask him about the caravans."


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Malnival laughs and shakes his head, "More importantly he is a Scarzani, and they are as crooked as snakes, no offense my friend, but they are born that way I think.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Assuming someone gives her the gold... Kelda takes the money and jogs off, back towards the city. She returns just over an hour later, dragging two kayaks, large enough to hold two humans (or maybe a lithe female human, an elf, and a halfling). Kelda quickly explains their use, and you situate them on the shore on the leeward side of the peninnsula.

Then, you wait.

The day drags on, with seemingly no change, as the fog continues to cling to the land throughout. Your fatigue begins to join forces with boredom, and it becomes very difficult to stay focused. But, as late afternoon turns into dusk, you hear a ragged cheer from the shore as the mists begin to clear. Snorri Stone-Eye's mourners waste no time, and immediately begin to push the longship out into the river.

You run back to the kayaks, and as you shove off, you see the funeral longship floating by in the thinning mists. A small glow on the deck marks the beginning of the fire that will soon consume it. It takes you a few minutes to paddle out, but the trip is smooth.

From alongside the ship, you can see the deck of the longship has been built up with planks over the old rowing benches, creating a space belowdecks. It appears that the funerary treasures have been placed in this hold, as the deck is empty save for a silent, shrouded form resting atop a bier in front of the mast, surrounded by stacked wood. A leather sack sits atop a small pile of sand at the base of the bier, the glow of flame and wisps of smoke escaping from it.

Perception (hearing) DC 20:
From belowdecks, you hear the faint rattling of chains.

Parity:
From the PRD for drugs and addiction: "When a character takes a drug, he immediately gains the effects, an amount of ability damage, and must make a Fortitude save to resist becoming addicted to that drug (see Addiction)."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

nep, not this time...


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Maeve seems to spend of most the day shivering and starting to look a bit pale. She keeps her eyes out for the funeral barge as best she can, but the lack of proper sleep is obviously starting to wear on her, and the occasional sneeze probably isn't helping anyone else.

Gotta get back in the habit of checking this thread. Being sick did no favors to that pledge, but...


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Parity gets restless quickly ... tired and irritable he muses in self-reflection until startled awake by the moving of the.longship. stiff and slow to move, he helps the others with the kayaking, uncomfortable and awkward on the water.

As they close on the ship, "Harlan, see anything of note? The spell wore off long ago."


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Nomadsage:
Copy
How long does the Con & Wis damage last ... until healed, right?


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Perdeption: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Malnival pulls along side and attempts to board the vessle. Once there he will look for a way below deck.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Near the prow is what looks like an access hatch.

I sent out a map of the upper deck. You are still floating alongside.

Parity:
Yes, standard rules for healing ability damage. (1 pt / day)


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve flips up onto the deck and quickly makes her way into the deck after Mal, motioning towards the trap door. "Someone should probably stay up here and keep an eye on that fire."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Pockets of broken mist float by as you jump up onto the ship. The hatch is locked with a simple wooden bar.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Locked from the outside? Remove it and head in. If not, bust it open.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng eyes the smoking bag warily. "Is that how the ships are ignited? Is it magical? Perhaps we should throw that overboard before it explodes."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

A closer look at the smoking bag and sand reveal that it is a simple delay timer. Once the coals within the bag burn through and ignite the oil, the larger fire will spread quickly.

The bar is on the outside of the hatch, so Parity is able to easily remove it and open up the lower deck. Inside, the hold is cramped, with only four feet of standing room. The hold is occupied by rowing benches and stacked funerary treasures of all kinds.

As soon as you open the door, you can hear the rattling of chains coming from the ship's stern. Looking that way, the aft quarter of the ship is obscured by thick mist.

Second map sent...


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Heng if you take that bag off I can light the oil when we're ready to leave."

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Padding his hands with his cloak, Heng snatches the burning bag and tosses it overboard.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Done, simply. The immediate threat of fire has been removed.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Parity moves quickly to the back towards the noise


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Hunched over in the cramped space, Parity rushes towards the stern. At the center, he finds a chain coiled and clamped to the mast, leading off towards the mist. He hears the chain moving again, this time to his right. Parity turns that way, but a moment later hears squishing steps from behind and a nauseating stench hits his nose... a second too late. A slashing weapon cleaves a vicious wound across his back, leaving behind a numbing miasma.

Everyone below decks (except Harlan) takes a -2 to hit and AC from being hunched over. Right now, based on inputs, Malnival and Maeve are at the hatch, Heng and Harlan are at ship center topside.

Actions for round 1?

Initiative:
Harlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Maeve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Malnival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Parity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Stone-Eye: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Initiative Order: Heng [24], Maeve [19], Stone-Eye [14], Parity [10], Malnival [7], Harlan [6]

Dice:
Stone-Eye Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 vs Parity Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Stone-Eye vs Parity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22; Damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Parity Fort save vs energy drain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 {pass}

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Order: Heng [24], Maeve [19], Stone-Eye [14], Parity [10], Malnival [7], Harlan [6]

Heng will listen for the yells of alarm, then run for the hatch.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 1
HP: 20/32 (23/35)
AC: 15 (17)
Status: Blind, Ability damage, cramped, inspired

"Damn it ... something hostile in here friends! And not entirely natural as far as I can guess!"

Parity whips his blade around and channels chill touch using power attack.

The Math:

To hit: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 22
Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 97;1d100 ⇒ 56
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (2) = 10+ 1 Str (or fear DC14 if undead)


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve moves in slowly and carefully. With her usual method denied to her, she decides to try copying a page from Ameiko's book and using music to channel her magic. Her singing is...well, probably not the best thing ever heard, but it's not awful...

One move, beginning to Inspire Courage. Swift to Arcane Strike, just in case.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Round 1
AC:20 (22 Normal)
HP:31/31

Malnival moves forward with his scimitar in hand to help Parity.

Double move towards creature, leaving one square between us.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round One

Hearing Parity's call, Heng immediately turns and runs to the hatch, leaping down beside Maeve and Malnival. Heng and Maeve move cautiously but urgently towards the sounds of combat. The edge of the mists part and you see Parity spinning to fight a zombie-like corpse, covered in barnicles and oozing foul-smelling sea water. The undead wears the trappings of an Ulfen lord, with an eyepatch covering its left eye. It carries a gleaming great axe, awkwardly held in these confines. This must be what remains of Snorri Stone-Eye.

Stone-Eye swings its axe around again, slicing a terrible wound across Parity's torso. Bloodied, Parity only grins as he counters, slashing off a chunk of rancid flesh.

Malnival moves up silently, ready to strike.

At Harlan's turn. Actions for R2?

Knowledge (religion) DC 18:
Snorri Stone-Eye has become a draugr, a restless undead usually formed by those lost at sea in regions haunted by spirits or powerful necromantic energies. They are known to have a nauseating touch, but the touch of more powerful draugrs can drain the very life from their victims.

Dice:
Stone-Eye vs Parity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19; Damage: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Parity's Fort save vs Stone-Eye's energy drain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 {pass}

Stone-Eye's Will save vs Parity's chill touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 {pass}


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Round 2
HP: 4/32 (7/35)
AC: 19 (21)
Status: Blind, Ability Damage, chill touch (3), inspired

Bloody grin still on his face, Parity brings his shield and sword forward between himself and the unnatural thing, "Harlan ..." the pit fighter coughs out, "need some help here."

Full round action: total defense.


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Round 1

Status:

HP = 29/29
AC = 18/14/15
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Bolts = 20/20
Speed = 15'
Channel = 5/5 (2d6)
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +3 melee touch, +7 ranged touch):
2 4/4 Cure Moderate Wounds (DC16), Resist Energy (DC 16), Restoration, Lesser (DC 16)
1 7/7 Cure Light Wounds (DC 15), Bless, Burning Disarm (DC15), Sun Metal (DC 15), Detect Undead
0 (at will) Create Water, Light, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize, Spark
Status Effects = None

K. Religion 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Harlan drops down into the hold.

"Oh crap, a draugr! Don't let him touch you."

Oh, Parity already did.

Not sure how the actions for dropping into the hold go but I'll move as far as I can to Parity without eating a greataxe. Don't think I can get him within 30' for a channel on turn 1.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Harlan Starshine wrote:
Not sure how the actions for dropping into the hold go but I'll move as far as I can to Parity without eating a greataxe. Don't think I can get him within 30' for a channel on turn 1.

Not on the first round, but you can for round 2. For just a 4 ft drop, I just counted it as an extra square of movement.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Heng skips across the rowing benches to flank with Parity and strike.
acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
not sure what the DC would be, but that ought to do it : )

activate Ki defense 3/6
AC:21, hp:37/37

kick to the head 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 27
damage 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (2) = 11


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Round 2
AC:20 (22 Normal)
HP:31/31

Malnival enchants his scimitar and moves in to attack the creature.
5' Step
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Round 2
HP 32/32, Inspire 6/11

Maeve forces herself over the benches as fast as she can as well, ending up next to Parity and behind the beast to launch an attack.

Perform, move, attack, with Arcane Strike

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Round Two

Harlan rushes to follow Heng, hopping down the hatch and moving as fast as he can to catch up. Heng leaps forward, tucking into an acrobatic roll to vault the benches and move behind Stone-Eye. With a high spinning kick, he slams the back of the draugr's head. Instead of a hard impact, the skull squishes inward like a damp sponge.

Maeve moves in nimbly despite the cramped quarters, hitting Stone-Eye with a magic-infused fist. Like with Heng, her attack doesn't seem to feel significant, but still a soggy piece of flesh sloughs off the undead.

Stone-Eye continues to attack Parity mercilessly, bringing his greataxe around in a sweeping strike. Parity brings up his shield, and his defenses hold, though the impact is jarring. Malnival steps in, slashing high and cutting Stone-Eye's head clean off; it spews noxious liquid as it flies, landing with a splorch. Stone-Eye's corpse collapses and oozes brown water.

End of Combat!

Dice:
Stone-Eye vs Parity: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 {miss}


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

"...that explains the extra security. Clearly Ulf isn't here, but check for Suishen before we head topside." Maeve starts rooting around, not just for the sword but anything interesting.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Forgot to add...

As soon as Snorri Stone-Eye expires, the mist covering the stern quarter dissapates. You notice the chain fastened to the mast ends in cuffs around Stone-Eye's ankles; long enough to let it roam, but secure to keep it inside the ship.

A quick look around the stacked treasures tells you most are too large and cumbersome to remove, but with some time spent, you could pick out some portable valuables.


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

"No sign of Ulf, eh? Well, we might as well avail ourselves of a few things here"

Detect magic to aid someone's hunt.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

Detect Magic
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Malnival looks at the dead abomination and begins to search the area.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

You search the hold. Detect magic reveals two items with magical auras. One is a beautiful Ulfen helm with golden inlays and backswept wings mounted to the sides. The other initially appears to be Stone-Eye's eyepatch, but once you lift it away, you find it is actually a dull, gray stone lodged in his eye socket. Snorri's chain shirt and greataxe are both of masterwork quality.

Amongst the gathered funerary treasures, you find a handful of items that are portable. You find a small chest filled with twelve armrings, decorated with silver and gold runes. There is also an iron sceptre of ancient design, probably Thassilion-era, covered in tiny, glittering gems. Lastly, you find a merchant's scale set of exquisite design, with a full array of precise weights.

Unfortunately, there is no sign of Suishen.

Perception (auditory) DC 29:
You hear the faint pad of foot steps coming from the upper deck, obviously trying to remain stealthy.

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 29


Male Human Vanguard 12 (AC:25 (27); F:13 R:8 W:11, Perc:+23)
Status:
  • HP:124/124
  • Vanguard Blast: 7/7
  • Swift Spell: 5/5
  • SpellGrapple: 7/7
  • Enhance Weap 12/12
  • Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 5/5, 3rd: 4/4, 4th: 4/4
  • Chaincloth Cloak: 3/3
  • Jingasa negate crit/SA: 1/1
  • Terra Cotta Talisman: Luck Reroll: 1/1, spiritual ally: 1/1
  • Suishen abilities: airwalk: 3/3, see invisibility: 3/3, resist cold: 3/3, daylight:3/3
  • Active effects: Blind, res cold, airwalk, see invis, endure elements, light fortification,

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


|| Per +13 | Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +9 | BAB +8 | CMB +6 | CMD 19 || Halfling Oracle of Life/11

Harlan moves over to Parity.

2x CMW 4d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 3) + 10 = 23

"Guys we should hurry. I mean, not that we shouldn't get paid for our trouble killing this undead, and it's interesting that they knew he was going to come back, or maybe he already had and they finally got sick of having him stink up the place, but I'm not sure...oh you know, Sandru would love those scales. Well there goes my moral high ground."


Female Human Bard/Monk (Martial Artist) 8/1 || Per +14 | Fort +7 Ref +11 Will +9 | BAB +6 | CMB +10 | CMD 24 ||

Maeve grins broadly as she tries on an arm-ring. It fits no better than the last few. "...seriously, it's as if they expect the only worthwhile fighters to be big, strong, overly-muscular men or something." With a shrug she takes the collection and starts making her way to the entrance again.


Level 12 Magus, INIT:6, AC:29, HP:90/90, F:8 R:11 W: 8, Perception 15 (18 Sight)

perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Malnival takes the helm and tries to identify it. He will then atempt to identify the gem in the dead things eye socket....ugghh.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Malnival:
The helm is a helm of battle, and allows the wearer to activate it 3/day as a swift action; the helm's power grants the wearer a +2 bonus on their next attack or combat maneuver roll. If not used, the bonus expires at the end of their turn.

You don't get a good enough read on the sphere to determine its power. It radiates strong abjuration magic.

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

perception out of my range but what the hey-1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Heng grabs the iron scepter with a shrug. "No sword and no Ulf. Let us move on then before anyone gets suspicious that the boat has not started burning."

Heading topside, Heng notes that Harlan should light it up.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

A moment after Heng mentions the boat not burning, you all hear the loud "whump" of lamp oil catching fire on the deck above. Through the cracks between planks, you can see fire starting around the bier. You race to the hatch, and by the time you climb up, the wooden bier has become fully alight, burning brightly at midship.

Beyond it, through the smoke, you can see the kayaks that brought you here cut loose and drifting out of reach. Tied off at the stern of the ship is a long canoe, into which a group of five black-clad, masked figures are quickly clambering. One of them sees you, points while drawing a short Tian-style sword and yells to his comrades.

They turn to you and move to attack.

Map and pic sent. Actions for R1? Right back into it... :o)

Initiative:

Harlan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Heng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Maeve: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Malnival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Parity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Ninja: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Initiative Order: Heng [23], Parity [22], Ninja [15], Malnival, Maeve [10], Harlan [7]

Andoran

M Half-Orc Ki Mystic Holy Monk

Order: Heng [23], Parity [22], Ninja [15], Malnival, Maeve [10], Harlan [7]

Heng grabs a potion of mage armor and quickly drinks as he eyeballs the helpful men in black. Pointing to the leader's shortsword, he wonders aloud, "Is that Suishen?"

AC:21, hp:37/37, Ki 3/6

651 to 700 of 1,653 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Jade Regent - Night of Frozen Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.