Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master nomadicc

Part II: Seven Days to the Grave


201 to 250 of 3,892 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Seren follows Segang up onto the boards, and they begin to splinter and buckle with all the weight.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Ooh, ouch. Glad I'm not in that first group on the boards; I would have to be the one to pilot the boat.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Seren moves forward away from Segang quickly, slipping into the boat if necessary.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

And Segang, weapon ready, moves cautiously closer to the structure.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Sorry for the delay(s). Very busy at work today.

The boards settle down as Seren and Segang distribute the weight.

While the second group is shuttling over, you get a closer look at the side entrance. It appears to have been out of use for nigh a decade. The door is in the same poor condition as the rest of the wall, swollen and encrusted so as to be nearly a part of it.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Demitri will climb up first and help both Rosa and Absinthe up onto the boards.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Segang stands ready to defend the team, shield in one hand, and sword in the other. He eyes the old swollen door carefully, worried that opening my make the barking of a dog seem quiet.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The rest of the group shuttles over a minute later, and you all gather along the boardwalk. Mimicking Seren and Segang's reaction, you keep a fair distance between each of you to prevent the planks from breaking.

Now what?


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Demitri puts his ear to the closest door.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Seren hisses quietly at Demitri when he starts to move forward, "Dogs! Maybe we should send someone quieter in toward the door!"


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Seren, check the door for possible traps, we open it if it can be opened.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

"Well then you check the door then." Demitri whispers back.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Seren stares at Demitri for a moment, and then shakes his head, mumbling, "Ah, yeah ... me. Right, of course." He then hesitantly creeps forward to the side door to look it over

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Melianthe starts to roll her eyes, then focuses on the creaking wood and the circling sharks below and she takes a breath.

She holds her position and mutters something about dawn-blasted doors with hidden traps undetectable from the other side. "Sun-blasted logfalls any clumsy elf could set up in a trice...how will he listen for that? Bright-blasted sun-slapped plan of a fool's Harrow..." her curses fade to inaudibility as she shivers slightly.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Seren:
You find no traps visible on this side of the door. Notably, it has seen no recent use, and appears to be barred from within.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Seren makes a couple hand signs that he taught Absinthe earlier.

Come here

DM:

Other than the bar, could the door open easily or is it jammed? Any chance of wedging something slim like a dagger or rapier and removing the bar?
Disable: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Absinthe ghosts forward, adding her skills to Seren's.

Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12. Stealth check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Seren & Absinthe:
You can disable the bar with a DC 25 DD check (can be aided), but the door is definitely swollen in its frame.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Can she just aid the roll I just made?


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

In case I can: Disable Device check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11. Using my thieves' tools might help...


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Melianthe continues to shiver, to the point where her teeth actually chatter. She pats the lump on her back as if to reassure herself, and her shaking begins to subside. Her eyes are fixed on the door.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

If the door is stuck, there will be no opening it quietly. When we go in, we should be as prepared as we can be to fight.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

"Agreed. He'll know we're here as soon as we walk in. We need to move fast if he decides to make a break for it."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

With Absinthe's help, Seren is able to use a small gap in the door panels to remove the bar. It lands on the floor inside with an audible thump.

You wait several anxious moments, but there doesn't appear to be any reaction or alarm from within.

The door is still swollen stuck, and will need some force to open.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Melianthe breaks her stare at the door to look at Segang meaningfully.

She then looks at the door again, then does a double take and pulls a small piece of cured leather from within her vestments. Muttering quietly in something that might be Elvish and might not, she focuses on the leather piece for a moment.

"Ready," she says.

Mage Armor.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

"On three?" Demitri looks at Segang.

He attempts to aid the Shoanti in breaking down the door.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Just barely


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"Brother Segang," Absinthe whispers, beckoning to the Shoanti. "Your assistance for friend Demitri, please."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

The barbarian will remove a pry bar from his backpack and place it strategically in the door jam. Then with a mighty heave he throws his weight into the bar.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 22 (+2 assist, +2 crowbar, +2 for a round of rage)


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The door breaks open with a loud crackle and snap, taking half of the frame with it as it falls inward. Segang can do nothing about the noise, but manages to catch the shattered portal before it hits the floor. Unfortunately, it is enough to alert the sentries. Dog barks erupt from the right and distant left, and you hear an annoyed voice to the left call out, "What in Hell was that?"

You have no source of light, currently.

Darkvision (or after you get light):
This room is a cramped office. A wooden desk sits in one corner, its side preventing the western door from opening all the way. The table is heaped with dozens of slate boards covered with chalk scrawls. To the east a cabinet slouches against the wall.

Dice:
A Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
B Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
C Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Initiative:
Absinthe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Demitri: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Melianthe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Rosa: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Segang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Seren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

A: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
B: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
C: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Initiative Order: B [21], Melianthe, Seren [17], C, Demitri [16], Absinthe [14], A [11], Rosa [9], Segang [6]

Actions? You're not in combat presently, but it is imminent. I'd like to start resolving actions round-by-round. Remember the requirements for movement on the boardwalk.

EDIT: Map sent


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Demitri waits for a light source before slowly creeping to O14 and readying to defend himself against whatever comes through that door.

So move and Total Defense after we get some kind of light going.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Prep Round 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 14
Status: none

Since he's moving early, Seren strikes a tindertwig and lights his hooded lantern placing it in his left hand and aiming it into the room. He pulls his rapier out in his right hand next move action (next round, I believe).


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

I forgot to mark my Init as +7 with Hloire. Will do so.

Prep Round: 6/6 HP, AC 15

Melianthe winces at the tindertwig's flare, her darkvision dissipating. She delays until Seren and Demitri have moved, and then cautiously steps to the doorway.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Sagang winces at the noise but is unable to help it. He calms himself, letting his controlled rage drop for a moment, but being prepared to use it again if needed. Once a light is supplied he will move the the desk partially blocking the door to the left and try to move it to completely block that door. As he moves he will drop the crowbar as a free action.


Female Human Cleric 2

Round 1

Rosa cautiously brings up the rear, pulling the whip from its' place at her waist and glancing about.

Spells Prepared:
Because I forgot to say anything before...

[ooc]0th: Detect Magic, Guidance, Light.
1st: Bless, Command, Charm Person (D)


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Rosa, start "Guiding" us on these skill checks. :)


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Round One
Initiative Order: Seren [17], C, Demitri, Melianthe [16], Absinthe [14], A [11], Rosa [9], Segang [6], B [1]

Melianthe pauses at the door a few moments as the others enter. Seren lights his lantern and moves cautiously inside, Demitri not far behind.

The dog barking from the right (east) grows louder and more intense until you can tell the dog is just beyond the door. You hear it sniffing, growling and ultimately barking. Additional barks can be heard to the left (west), but from a distant room.

Rosa moves up to the door, but it is quickly getting cramped at the entrance. Segang rushes across and shoves the desk against the door, a moment before someone tries to open it. The latch throws a couple times, followed by a loud thump, but Segang holds the desk firm.

"Hey! Who's in there!" a voice (not Lamm's) calls.

Absinthe still has a pending action for R1. Actions for all for R2?


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa glances around at the others before she smiles and whispers. "Hide now, and quickly. Behind the door, where he won't see you." Then she moves into the opposite position, so that she'll be the first thing the speaker sees when the door is opened....

gm:
Ready to cast Charm Person when the door is opened.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

"What are you.. Nevermind, should have known. I'll be over there." Demitri whispers back before moving to N15 to hide.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Melianthe ducks out of the doorway (to R15) to allow Rosa to take her place. She glances at the bag of candy.

"Treats for tricks?" she mouths.


Female Human Cleric 2

"More like the currency of choice for bribery," Rosa whispers back.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Absinthe uses her best favour; she quietly draws her rapier -- and hides beside the door.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11. Absinthe is wherever the door won't hit her if it is thrown open, and will try to sneak attack anyone who enters - for subdual damage.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Confirm you're all waiting for the door that Segang blocked to open?


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

My plan was for us to go through the door immediately to the right as we entered. I think a dog is there. But if you want me to open this door just say so. Either way, lets do something quickly and not wait for any reason.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Considering my amazingly bad Stealth roll, I'm down with that!


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Let us let the door open, yes.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

My door, or Demitri's door? Mine is the one with the desk currently in front of it.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: ICS, CS, SI, Slp, HP, CP, MnI, I
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Push through the door to the right (unblocked/Demitri's) and take out the dogs there before the intelligent folks figure out a way around. Seren will keep the lantern shined where we're headed and stay in the middle/back ranks

Cheliax

Agree. This was my plan. Slow the humans and take out the dogs.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 27/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Go for it.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 26/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Sorry about the wrong alias. Going for it, means you open the door beside you Demitri.

201 to 250 of 3,892 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.