Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master nomadicc

Part II: Seven Days to the Grave


51 to 100 of 3,989 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 2

"Oh, how delightful!" Rosa claps her hands together with a bright smile on her face. "I knew he was living in the vicinity of the docks, but to have narrowed it down will save a lot of time as well as helping bring us together." Looking around at the others, she thinks for a moment. "Do you know anything else of the place?"


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Seren, listening intently, nodding along as everyone speaks, and looking for a place to mention his own story is quickly pulled along by events and finds himself not speaking at all. Once the Varisian woman enters, he loses track and fixates on her, hanging on every word.

As Rosa claps, he jumps, shattering the glass in his hand and spraying wine every where. Red faced in embarassament, he hops up, "Oh ... oh my ... so sorry. Let me get that, uh ... wow, I don't know where to ... ahhhh ..." He takes a breath and stops for a moment, collecting himself, "I'm in." he says finally and sits down, gathering the pieces of broken glass.

After a bit, he glances around, nodding to himself and only frowning slightly looking at Segang "Shall we attempt subtlety as an entrance? A bit of stealth, a bit of disguise, perhaps some covert and over deception?" He pointedly looks at Mel and Rosa, in turn, while saying the last.


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa looks surprised at Seren's reaction to her clap. "Oh, I'm sorry. Let me help you with that..."

After the wine is cleaned up, she seems rather pleased by the man's suggestion. "And just what do you propose, hmm?"


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Shifting uncomfortably with Rosa's attention, Seren says, "Well, ahh ... not sure of the area, but we could scout it, see what type of guards there are, look for an alternate less noticed entrance, use some of you with ... ahhh ... persuasions ... to draw away any unwanted or incidental attention and get some of us quieter or shadowy ones in to said hideout, hopefully unnoticed, but with some strong arm backup to come in should the proverbial feces hit the blades." Seren shies back, "Just a thought based on a prejudicial cursory assessment of the group."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

I believe I know that place. Lets go.

With that the barbarian stands and heads for the door.


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa thinks about what Seren says. "All right. Why don't you do a quick walk-by of the place first, then, and see what it's all about. Then we can make a better decision about how to approach."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

A throaty chuckle issues from Melianthe's lips. "You flatter me, Seren, with your open-minded views on beauty," says the comely dusk elf. "I fear my arts of enticement are vastly sublimated by the sea of bias against my features in which I usually find myself, unless I am around a group of near-sighted drow. I should really invest in some face powder.". She finds this quite amusing.

"Nevertheless, I am not without my charms. His guards will sleep well if I can get near them. I agree, Rosa; reconnaissance is the first order of business, and we would alert Lamm by heading there en masse--Segang, hold, you brave fellow--as much as a foot-clumping group of authorities."

Her brow knits. "We must needs take care that we do not harm the Lambs, though they may be set against us. Children should be spared, however thoroughly he has twisted their hearts."


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

"I know for a fact that the Guard are useless when it comes to Lamm. I suspect some are on the take. Some reconnaissance would be prudent, I agree. Maybe Absinthe and Seren should be on that. We shouldn't send anyone alone. I also want to make sure none of the children he has enslaved are hurt either."

Sense Motive DC 10:

You get the sense that he isn't just speaking out of general concern for their safety. Perhaps it has to do with what Lamm has done to him?


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1.

"One begs your patience for a moment more," Absinthe says, briefly snatching at Segang's sleeve to stop him from walking out before a plan has been agreed to.

"One has no objection to scouting ahead, as it were," Absinthe murmurs, "but would suggest the rest of our new clan to remain in close proximity. Thieves ofttimes move from den to den. If we go, we should be ready to strike in a decisive manner. Besides, the scouts can be detected, which would require going 'all in', as the gamblers say."

Knowledge (local) to determine the best routes to approach Lamm's lair by, and a possible hiding-place for the team nearby: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10. ... Well, that isn't very helpful at all. o_o


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Those are some awesome rolls...

"So you and Seren go first, while the rest of us wait as backup? That is also a possibility. My only concern is the lot of us giving them away if we are too close. I am not the model of stealth and I assume that Segang is not either." Demitri nods his head.


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa nods to the people advocating swiftness. "By all means, don't try to get inside right now. We just need to know about the entrances. We can determine later if there's time to do this the right way or if it needs to be done...expediently."


Zellara sits quietly, wearing a tight smile as she listens to your planning. She nods with grim satisfaction; she has found the right people.

Leaning forward, she speaks up before you break. "I am useless in a fight, but I can try to aid in my own way. I can offer you a Harrowing to guide you through the coming strife, if you wish.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

"Zellara, we would welcome that. We will need a place to hide nearby, while our scouts are about. I am not well versed in the lay of the land here...does anyone have a suggestion?"

Melianthe pictures a doctor, a barbarian, an armored man, and a priest huddled in a tavern and laughs quietly...it sounds like the beginning to a joke.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

At Absinthe's touch the barbarian pauses. He could move. He used to move his operation all the time. We could loose him again. he explains with a look of near panic on his face. We must act now!.

But at the mention of a Harrow reading Segang pauses in earnest. Believing in fates and the ability for sooth sayers to make readings into such things, he is ensnared. Yes. A readying. A look into the fates. He returns to his chair, looking apprehensive but ready. Do this thing. [b/]

knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

To Melianthe: [b]Sorry, I know of no such place.


"The fishery is only a few blocks from here, and you are welcome to stay for as long as you need. If you prefer more of a tavern, there's Bailer's Retreat, but its a tad... rough."


Female Human Cleric 2

"Segang..." Rosa says placatingly "I find it highly doubtful that he can pick up and move his operations in a few minutes after a walk-by of the building. Especially not if he's housing the orphans there. Once we do the recon we'll have to decide what to do and move quickly, but right now he's got no good reason to leave and a lot of good reasons to stay put."


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

"He shouldn't recognize me in passing, and if Moonie over there is good and staying out o' sight, we should be golden. I'll teach her a couple of covert hand signs that I use should things go bad, and try and stay somewhere she can have visibility on me."

Seren shrugs when the Harrowing is mentioned, "Divination magic never really caught my fancy at the Acadamae, but I'll sit through one for the experience ... doesn't hurt ... right?" He questions.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for anything else of interest in the area or to sketch a quick map.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

The barbarian is very anxious, almost beyond himself with the chance to strike. He seems to not be hearing most of what is being said and is having a very hard time sitting still. His lack of patience and lack experience is showing.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

I'll sketch out more details of the fishery after the Harrowing.

For that, I'll need a "Choosing" roll from everybody... roll a d9 if you want to take part. If you get a result duplicate to someone who rolled before you, keep rolling until you get a unique one.

I think everyone said they're up for the Harrow, but if you're deliberately sitting out, please say so.

EDIT: Ignore the dice thing above! Instead, if you're the first to post your roll, roll a d9... second d8; third d7, etc. I'll sort out the results.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

1d9 ⇒ 8


Female Human Cleric 2

Choosing: 1d9 ⇒ 5


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Choosing: 1d9 ⇒ 9

i fail at reading. Still, nice roll.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

I'll keep that lovely roll for posterity.

3rd Choosing: 1d7 ⇒ 7

Melianthe smiles at Zellara. "We'll to the fishery, and then fish for bigger prizes."

She joins Absinthe by Segang. "Segang, he will not run from a few interlopers. Particularly if we are not viewed as a threat. Your life is not so short as to not bear biding an hour or three."

Her gaze turns to Rose for a moment and back to the barbarian. "You could be in worse company than amidst our...persuasions," she says, with a twinkle in her eye.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Fourth: 1d6 ⇒ 4

The former guardsman also seems a bit anxious to get moving, but he's waited this long. He can wait a few hours. His serious demeanor seems to lighten a bit at Melianthe's comment on the current company.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Fifth to draw. Draw: 1d5 ⇒ 4


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Sixth draw: 1d4 ⇒ 4.

"'Moonie'?" Absinthe repeats, appearing puzzled, but then shrugs it off. "If you prefer.

"Please, let us hear this Harrowing. I have never attended one before. Not by a valid practitioner, anyway."


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

I think that was an autotype thing.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy
But here's my Harrow
So draw me maybe


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

LOL


Zellara smiles. "Alright. I'm happy to do what little I can. Please sit and relax. Desna's vision can be clouded by agitation and impatience." As she speaks, her hands quickly sifts through the deck, drawing out nine cards and setting them aside. "We seek justice for Gaedren Lamm. I feel the path ahead will include tests of your reflexes and locked secrets, so I have isolated the suit of Keys." She picks up the nine cards and holds them forth in a fan. "This is the Choosing. Pick one of these cards and it will highlight your potential role in the Reading."

One-by-one, you pick your card, revealing the following: Seren, the Crows; Rosa, the Demon's Lantern; Melianthe, the Avalanche; Demitri, the Locksmith; Segang, the Peacock; and Absinthe, the Rabbit Prince.

Zellara nods as each is drawn, then returns the card into the deck. When all are done, she shuffles the deck with experienced grace. "Now, in the Spread we will speak of the past, the present and the future." She places cards face-down on the table, in a three-by-three pattern. "The first column speaks to the past, positive, negative and the unclear." She flips over the first three cards, in turn, calling out each as she does. "The Crows, the Courtesan, and the Tyrant. The past is set, but how we understand it can change, even as we change with age. The Crows refers to a theft of valued possession or loved one, which we have all faced under Lamm, but its misaligned place hints at a positive result from such loss. Seren's role there, is more pronounced. The Courtesan's mask hides the intrigues within, physically or mentally; one twist and everything turned to the worse. The Tyrant can only speak of Gaedran Lamm, a powerful paternal influence and source of pain. "

Next, she reveals the center column. "The Marriage, the Juggler, and the Twin. Here we see ourselves in the Marriage, a union of disparate persons to better the individuals." She lets out a chuckle at the center card. "Desna laughs at us with the Juggler; it represents the whimsy of fate, or in the fickle influence of the gods. We have balance today, but will the Juggler keep it? The Twin is always difficult to read; I sense divided loyalties or sense of purpose, which could be our undoing."

Finally, she turns over the third column. "The Rakshasa, the Empty Throne, and the Forge. Zellara spends a long minute pondering these cards. "A mis-aligned Rakshasa tells me the chains of dominance will be shaken off. The Tyrant falls, but the Empty Throne's placement is unclear on whether that loss will bring good or bad tidings. The Forge is clear, though; strength through diversity will help overcome the dangerous events to come."

Zellara looks up at you, "I'm sure you have questions."

Apologies for the delay and wall of text... there's no quick and easy Harrowing! =)


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Demitri listens to the Reading with interest. Before Lamm entered his life, the guardsman would scoff as such a thing, writing it off as a scam or something. But now, he was ready to believe in almost anything if it would get him closer to his goal.

"What do you mean by divided loyalties? Do you mean someone will betray us?" He looks around suspiciously.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"Perhaps it refers to the fact that all of us seek Lamm's blood," Absinthe says with her soft voice, and she makes a subtle gesture. "That could be a conflict of interests when it comes to the deed. Myself, I shall be content simply to be present at Lamm's overdue death."


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Or that we all have different reasons for killing him?


"The Twin makes me wary whenever it appears. Often one will face indecision in their life, and the worst of it comes when loyalties are brought into conflict: friend vs friend, family vs self, mentor vs liege, ideals vs duty... the list goes on." Zellara frowns, looking again at the cards.

Sense Motive DC 15:
There is something else she isn't saying.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6. Egads! >_< I sincerely hope I roll better when it's crunch time!


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Good to get those low rolls out of the way. Cuz that's how probability works right?

"I just wish for him to pay for his crimes, justice for his victims. Whether that comes from him cell rotting for the rest of his miserable life or death, I care not. But I understand a little better now. Many thanks."


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Next.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13

So close!

"All prophesy has been broken somewhat, hasn't it, Rosa?" She looks at the cards unconcernedly. "Futures branch like trees of possibilities. No one owns destiny, ultimately. If The Twin tells us of danger, we are now forewarned and forearmed."


Female Human Cleric 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"Basically correct. Prophecy has never been a full science, but since the death of Aroden it's more than just mortal error causing problems - occasionally the future simply...changes, and not even the gods can fully account for mortal action anymore." She frowns slightly "Although it does help to have everything on the table, so to speak."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Segang looks on reverently, listening, hanging on every word. Only Seren's card came up. Does that mean something?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


Zellara nods, "Indeed, but it showed in reference to the past. The Crows tell of something stolen, which we have all suffered to some degree. Seren's link to that event may be stronger, in the reading, but how it will affect the future, even I cannot read."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Anything else for Zellara/the Harrowing, or are you ready to move on?


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Ready here


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa shrugs as her probe fails to get anything further out of the mysterious fortuneteller...

Ready


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Rosa wrote:

Rosa shrugs as her probe fails to get anything further out of the mysterious fortuneteller...

Ready

There was a probe? I think you might have been too subtle... =)


Female Human Cleric 2

"Although it does help to have everything on the table, so to speak."


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 21/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +7

Also ready.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +6; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 16/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Let's rock.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

team is go.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 16/25, AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Rdy

51 to 100 of 3,989 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.