Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master nomadicc

Part III: Escape from Old Korvosa


6,051 to 6,100 of 6,218 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

In whatever time the group has to rest, recover and reequip, Absinthe makes a point of looking in at the orphanage that took in Lamm's victims, to make sure they are alright.

At the inn

The tiefling looks sad, but hugs Cherias.
"One wishes you well.... friend Cherias."

Looking Jarha up and down, Abby finally nods.
"Welcome to the endeavour. One hopes you will find it amenable to your sensibilities. There have been uncomfortable goings-on, of late."


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

"Thank you for your welcome. My comfort is of little importance, and I am glad to serve."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

A few nights after Jarha is introduced and joins your company, you receive a visitor not long after you finish your evening meal. You recognize Grau Soldado, though he is dressed in normal clothes and not his Korvosan Guard armor.

"My friends," he greets you, eyes hard and earnest. After he sits, he leans into the table, speaking in a hushed tone. "Marshal Kroft asked me to come. She wants to meet you in private, but not at the citadel. If you will, go to the Dead Warrens as soon as possible. She will be there in an hour."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"And how do we trust this message?" says Melianthe, putting down her cup of mead.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Grau frowns at Melianthe's question. "You know me and have done good by me in the past. You saved my niece Brienna from blood veil. Why would I betray that trust?"


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"All right, all right," says Melianthe tiredly, rubbing her brow. "It's been a hectic few days and we don't know whose side anyone is on. The Grey Maidens want our heads on pikes. Anyone can be blackmailed, Grau. Sorry to be so suspicious."

She grimaces. "At least we'll be going at night for once. Is there anything else we need to know?"


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Grau shakes his head, "I'm not sure. She just returned from Castle Korvosa -- the queen made an announcement to her senior council and nobility. Marshal Kroft was pale as a ghost. I've never seen her so shaken, even with all we've gone through the last couple months."


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"Of late, none of the queen's announcements have been meritorious," Absinthe mutters without meeting anyone's eyes.


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

Jarha listens carefully but adds little more than a greeting: "I am pleased to meet you Grau. My name is Jarha. I am joining this group to aid in any way I can. You can rest assured that my aims are the same as theirs."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Sorry, forgot that Jarha has not met many of the NPCs...

Grau is a tall man, lean in figure and well-honed -- a drastic departure from when the others first met him a few months ago, when he was suffering from drunkenness and depression. He has dark hair, keeps clean shaven, and piercing green eyes. He walks the with assured attitude of a veteran guardsman, a quality proven by the crucible of Korvosa's recent turmoil.

"Good to have your help, Jarha," Grau replies, presenting his hand. "These are tough folk doing dirty work, but good for the people of Korvosa!"

He turns to the group, "That reminds me... My sister, Tayce, wanted me to pass along her thanks to you in person. You saved Brienna's life, and likely the rest of her family too! She has nothing to reward you with but eternal gratitude. They left a few days ago for Magnimar."


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 4/Rogue 1/Veiled Illusionist 2//HP: 15/37 AC: 13 (17 w/MA), F:4 R:8 W:6 (+2 ench), Init: +3, Perception: +11
Status:
  • Active spells:
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray x21, Chastise, Ill Calm, Ex Ret, Mage Arm, Sil Im, hypn pa, laughter, stone disc, create pit, resist enrgy, loath veil, dispel, fly, major image
  • Binding Darkness: 8/8, Veil Pool: 7/7, Pearl: 1/1, Extend Rod: 3/3
  • ***HARROW POINTS***: 4

Tayce is my daughter's stuffed dog's name

"And you may call me Hap, short for Happy Accident. My parents were eccentric." Seren quips with a jovial smile.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"Ah, well," Absinthe says in a philosophical tone, "sangpotshi teaches us that our deeds are their own reward - or punishment - as they affect our passage through lives. In that light, your sister's gratitude is worth more than platinum and magic Jewels. Should the occasion arise, please convey her one's best wishes."


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

"Those are wise words, Absinthe. It sounds like the sort of thing the one who introduced me to Khepri would have said. My lack of facility with such wise counsel is why I did not devote my life to being a spiritual leader." Turning back to Grau: "In any event, I follow the lead of my companions here and am at Marshal Kroft's service."


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

Anything else before or on your way to the graveyard? If not, I'll proceed.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

all set here!

With Grau

"I am glad we could save them. That is reward enough, as Abby says," replies the dusk elf humbly.

On the way to the Grey

"We still don't have anything good against the undead, do we," chuckles Melianthe as they walk towards their rendezvous. She has exchanged her dour doctor's robes and mask (still tied to her shoulders) for a blueish blouse that is arrayed with tiny, tastefully decorated avian skulls and other carved figurines. "I need to get this fitted," she says, fussing with the waist.

The Cackling Hag's Blouse description is so unfashionable.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

The streets of nighttime Korvosa are quiet and mostly empty. You only pass a handful of people moving quickly and anonymously to their destinations. A patrol of eight Grey Maidens is easily heard and avoided. You reach the Gray without trouble, and find the graveyard district only slightly more subdued than the rest of the city.

You find the familiar mausoleum easily (perhaps explaining to Jarha its significance along the way). It appears dark and empty from the outside, but as you descend into the ground, you spot flickering light ahead.


As you enter the ossuary chamber, you find Cressida Kroft. She stands alert with her hand on her blade, but visibly relaxes when she sees its you. The tension and stress are clear in her face and shoulders. "Thank you for coming so quickly. I would apologize for the morbid location, but it is one of the few places in the city I could trust for privacy. And you are the few I can trust with what I must say." To Jarha, she adds, "We have not met, but I have heard you come with a worthy recommendation. Welcome."

Once you are all in, she sits down on a corner of stone. "Today, Queen Ileosa summoned her court and senior advisors to Castle Korvosa. She began with a triumphant announcement of the plague's defeat, and the death of the criminal Davaulus and his false physicians. She did not claim credit directly, but no mention of your fine efforts, of course."

"She continued on about how the Order of the Nail Hellknights fled the city like cowards, and how badly the Korvosan Guard and Sable Company had suffered in the recent turmoil. She then declared the Gray Maidens as Korvosa's new, official protectors, and appointed Sabina Merrin as general. Not terribly surprising given the way things have been going. The queen then turned her attention to the Sable Company. Citing that the care and feeding of the company's hippogriff mounts places too great a strain on the city coffers; their supposed incompetence in helping to deal with the recent unrest; and that the company's commander, Seneschal Neolandus Kalepopolis went into hiding after King Eodred's death, Queen Ileosa officially disbanded the Sable Company and seized its holdings." She lets out a sigh and shakes her head. "At this point, she asked Commander Endrin to step forth and surrender his badge of office. I... I should have known something was going to happen. If I were more alert, perhaps..."

"Marcus was ill at ease, but I figured he was just as tired as I was. No. He reached for his badge, but instead of handing it over, he flung it at the queen, striking her in the face! Everyone was shocked into paralysis. 'Your shameful reign ends now! Korvosa will be free again!' he bellowed, drew his bow and fired."

"Marcus Endrin is a deadeye, and the shot was point-blank. The arrow struck Queen Ileosa in the right temple, sinking deep into her skull... yet she did not fall."

"After a stunned second, she shot forward with incredible speed, yanking the arrow from her skull. Before blood could fall to the floor, she stood before Endrin and lifted him up with one hand. She then drove the arrow up under his jaw, and out the side of his face. I was just feet away." Cressida shudders, nervously wiping away phantom blood from her face.

'This shall be the fate of all enemies of Korvosa! Mark well his punishment! It is only the first!' Ileosa cried, her voice strong, clear, commanding. Chaos broke out. The queen teleported away with her new advisor, Togomor. Gray Maidens rushed in to regain order, but I got out of there as fast as I could."


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"Well," Absinthe says after listening to the grisly tale. "One would wonder whether that undead blight we slew not long ago had done some.... 'work' on the Queen. In any case, it confirms what we have been suspecting. So. What next?"


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

Jarha nods in greeting to Kroft and then his eyes open wide with shock and surprise when she completes her tale. "I am grateful someone truly loyal to the people of Korvosa was there to witness the atrocity. Do we have any idea of the Queen's true nature? Did she bleed, or does it seem as if she has somehow tricked The Lady of the Graves, as have the famous mummies of my homeland? Was her appearance different? Has she ever done anything before that suggested such power?"


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 7-,HP 39/102,(Rage HP=60/123) DR 3/6 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +9, AC 18/T:14/FF:16, Saves= Fort+7, Ref +4, Will +2/6

Segang listened to the tale, registering little surprise. He waits for more answers but also asks So now commander Kroft, what will you do? and what would you have us do?


To Jarha's questions, Cressida shakes her head. "I first met the Queen just over a year ago, when I was promoted to Field Marshal. Then, she was a timid thing... shy and aloof, but nothing like the person I saw today. Since taking the throne, she's made a remarkable transformation of confidence and presence. Sabina would know better, but... well, we aren't on the best terms." She pauses, frowning a moment before continuing.

"Endrin's aim was true -- his shot should have dropped her where she stood! Whatever magic the queen has wrapped herself in is obviously of the highest order. I do not know anything about it, but I know someone who might... Despite the quarantine of Old Korvosa, Vencarlo Orisini has still managed to get messages to me. His observations and opinions gleaned from the city's people have been a godsend, particularly since the plague started. Recently, he wrote of discovering something of vital importance regarding the queen -- rumors of dark magic and a pact with a devil -- claims I found hard to believe, until the events of this morning."

"Perhaps even more astounding, he hinted he'd found a lead on the whereabouts of Seneschal Kalepopolis, and implied the man might be in hiding in Old Korvosa!" She shakes her head in wonder.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 7-,HP 39/102,(Rage HP=60/123) DR 3/6 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +9, AC 18/T:14/FF:16, Saves= Fort+7, Ref +4, Will +2/6

Then we need to get into Old Korvoso and find Vencarlo Orisini. Segang states. I think if we go there he will find us.


Cressida nods, "There is something else. Vencarlo's messages came in steadily, usually once a day, but after he sent me the message about Kalepopolis, I haven't heard anything. That was several days ago. I'm worried about his safety -- Old Korvosa is in chaos; it seems the Arkona's have retreated to their palace, and violent gangs rule the streets."

"Getting into Old Korvosa may be relatively easy, but once you're inside, getting out is another story. I wouldn't ask anyone to go into that kind of danger were the need not so great. And I can think of none more capable than you."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"Vencarlo Orsini is a friend," says Melianthe, her face full of concern. "Of course we will undertake this task."

She ponders the tale of Ileosa. "Undead are detectable, although powerful ones may be able to mask their true nature. If she has a devil pact, though, that could be something else. Invulnerability of some sort. Well, first things first. Orsini. I wish Cherias were around just in case we run into Blackjack." She explains to Jarha: "Fellow in black, quite the daredevil, and very handsome." A dreamy expression blooms over the elf's face...


"Thank you," Cressida nods, letting her shoulders ease for a moment of relief. "You can start with Orisini Academy, or his home next door. If not, well... in his messages, Vencarlo mentioned a leader of the mob styling himself the 'Emperor of Old Korvosa'. If he is not home, perhaps finding this self-appointed ruler might turn up his trail. Or maybe the Arkonas might know something, if you can secure an audience."

"As important as finding Vencarlo is to me, discovering what actually happened to Seneschal Kalepopolis is of even greater concern to Korvosa. Not only might he have valuable insight into what's going on with the queen, but his return may well give those who oppose Ileosa a legal way to, if not remove her, at least wrest away some of her power."


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"The way things out here have run of late, Old Korvosa seems like it might actually be better for our health. Especially if we find the means there to rid the city of this unrest-spawning monarch. Let us conduct some mild shopping and then set off."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"I certainly wouldn't mind it. I used to live on the outskirts of it...well, under the outskirts. No jokes, Abby," says Melianthe, smiling. "It was quiet. I miss that."


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"Not even 'I must rush out and buy a skirt'?" Absinthe asks, smiling.
Her tail unrolls and pokes Melianthe in the side.

Not flirting. Just joking around. ;)


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 4/Rogue 1/Veiled Illusionist 2//HP: 15/37 AC: 13 (17 w/MA), F:4 R:8 W:6 (+2 ench), Init: +3, Perception: +11
Status:
  • Active spells:
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray x21, Chastise, Ill Calm, Ex Ret, Mage Arm, Sil Im, hypn pa, laughter, stone disc, create pit, resist enrgy, loath veil, dispel, fly, major image
  • Binding Darkness: 8/8, Veil Pool: 7/7, Pearl: 1/1, Extend Rod: 3/3
  • ***HARROW POINTS***: 4

"Look here, Field Marshall, I'm partial to the city, being my home and all, but what's in it for us? The others may have committed, but I remain unconvinced. I could have told you long ago that this monarchy was destined for failure. They all are. We risked life and limb to combat the Blood Veil and our thanks for saving the city has been a lasting enmity with the Maidens. Why in Hell's name should we help now?"

The wizard in halfling form is equally angry and scared. Ever the anarchist, his lack of faith in government has sadly been rewarded recently.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"The mad b!!$@ loosed a plague that could have killed everyone. Think you she will not give it another try, brother Seren?" Absinthe asks. "How far would we need yo run to be shift of her inssnity?"


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 4/Rogue 1/Veiled Illusionist 2//HP: 15/37 AC: 13 (17 w/MA), F:4 R:8 W:6 (+2 ench), Init: +3, Perception: +11
Status:
  • Active spells:
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray x21, Chastise, Ill Calm, Ex Ret, Mage Arm, Sil Im, hypn pa, laughter, stone disc, create pit, resist enrgy, loath veil, dispel, fly, major image
  • Binding Darkness: 8/8, Veil Pool: 7/7, Pearl: 1/1, Extend Rod: 3/3
  • ***HARROW POINTS***: 4

"Dunno, but I wont be hung out to dry by this government again without some aid. If they need us that badly, they can pony up some help for us."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Cressida raises an eyebrow, "I recall compensating you quite well for your services when you were employed by the guard. If I could, I would shower you in gold, but I'm afraid my treasury is tapped." She picks up a sack and hands it over. "This meager stash is all that I have, beyond the salaries of the guards I have left. Take it with my gratitude for the amazing deeds you've done, and may it aid you on the path ahead."

To Seren, she adds, "I cannot offer anything more, and cannot guarantee you fame and fortune. But if you do not wish to help the people of Korvosa, then perhaps you should seek ventures in Magnimar or Kaer Maga."

The sack is a bag of holding, and contains a small metal coffer (holding 750 pp), 5 potions of cure serious wounds, 3 potions of lesser restoration, a wand of invisibility (15 charges), and a wand of cure moderate wounds (35 charges).


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 4/Rogue 1/Veiled Illusionist 2//HP: 15/37 AC: 13 (17 w/MA), F:4 R:8 W:6 (+2 ench), Init: +3, Perception: +11
Status:
  • Active spells:
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray x21, Chastise, Ill Calm, Ex Ret, Mage Arm, Sil Im, hypn pa, laughter, stone disc, create pit, resist enrgy, loath veil, dispel, fly, major image
  • Binding Darkness: 8/8, Veil Pool: 7/7, Pearl: 1/1, Extend Rod: 3/3
  • ***HARROW POINTS***: 4

"Yeah, yeah ... we should all be serving for the greater good. Remind the queen, the Sable Company, the Gray Maidens and every other tyrant in these lands. I'll take your sack and help you bring down this sham of a government, but don't forget you are a part of this institution as well ... consider carefully the future after the regime topples, no?"


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"We have gotten a 100% finders fee on every item we've...liberated...from the plague bringers, Seren, which isn't bad for what is essentially bounty hunter work. And...this is my home. I'd like to leave it in less than ruins."

Melianthe plicks at Abby's tail. "I was thinking we are headed to the 'petticoats' of Korvosa. Come on, Seren. We have to do this for the greater good." Melianthe mouths the word L-O-O-T to the 'halfling' after her brief inspiring speech.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 7-,HP 39/102,(Rage HP=60/123) DR 3/6 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +9, AC 18/T:14/FF:16, Saves= Fort+7, Ref +4, Will +2/6

Segang scowls at this new side of Seren but says nothing. You have my support captain. I will do all I can for this cause.


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

"The unfortunate souls trapped in Old Korvosa are the people I have lived among and served during my time in this City. I have no fear of them. It is only by coincidence that I was visiting the Varisian community in Trail’s End when the quarantine fell, and have not been able to return to Old Korvosa since. I am ready." I hope this fits ok with the recent history; happy to alter if need be.

Turning to Melianthe, "As for Blackjack, I have heard the stories, of course. His return seems most timely, especially in light of Marshal Kroft's news. I confess, however, I do not know his connection to Cherias. Cherias never mentioned Blackjack, but our interactions were more of a professional nature."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"Just another admirer, Jarha," says Melianthe, trying not to giggle. "I wonder if he's an elf..."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 7-,HP 39/102,(Rage HP=60/123) DR 3/6 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +9, AC 18/T:14/FF:16, Saves= Fort+7, Ref +4, Will +2/6

Anyone else think this seems somewhat like Escape from New York? :)


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

yes!


"If I'm to maintain any seeming of good standing in the government, I need to distance myself from you officially -- but know that I am your friend! If you need to meet, send a message and I will come here."

Cressida nods, "Good then. May Desna smile upon us."

Where to?

Absinthe:
Soon after you depart the Gray, you sense a faint humming vibration from Zellara's Harrow deck.


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"We need a secure place," Absinthe says. "One believes that Zellara wishes to tell us something important."

Knowledge (local) for a good location: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

Jerha says his farewell to Kroft, and in response to Absinthe: "Who is Zellara?"


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"She is a friend. A.... singular friend. One would prefer to say more in a more secure location."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 7-,HP 39/102,(Rage HP=60/123) DR 3/6 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +9, AC 18/T:14/FF:16, Saves= Fort+7, Ref +4, Will +2/6

Nodding Segang takes the lead in looking for a secure place.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 4/Rogue 1/Veiled Illusionist 2//HP: 15/37 AC: 13 (17 w/MA), F:4 R:8 W:6 (+2 ench), Init: +3, Perception: +11
Status:
  • Active spells:
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray x21, Chastise, Ill Calm, Ex Ret, Mage Arm, Sil Im, hypn pa, laughter, stone disc, create pit, resist enrgy, loath veil, dispel, fly, major image
  • Binding Darkness: 8/8, Veil Pool: 7/7, Pearl: 1/1, Extend Rod: 3/3
  • ***HARROW POINTS***: 4

Still brooding, and pulling his hood down over his eyes, Seren follows along.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Garundi) cleric of Khepri 1/telekineticist 6; AC 20 (currently 21 due to overflow); HP 89/77 (12 temp.); Burn 5/7 (14 pts NL damage)

Mildly confused, Jarha shrugs and follows the others.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 7
Stats:
HP 34/34 AC 15* (mage armor) Per +11 Init +7 F +3 R +3 W +5

"Are we going to her place?" says Melianthe to Abby. "Seems like a lifetime ago..."

The elf chuckles at Jarha. "Adventure awaits, Jarha! This will prove interesting to you."


Female Tiefling Rogue 6 / Brawler 1; Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +10; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 55/68 Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +2

"Sounds good. The symbolism is appropriate. This way."

Absinthe guides the group to Zellara's place through back alleys and little-frequented paths, hoping to avoid Grey Maiden patrols.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

You find Zellara's small shop still dark and abandoned. With the chaos and disease rampant over the last few months, none have bothered to claim the small space. The thick layer of dust remains, disturbed only in places from your last visit. After you clear some spaces and light a couple candles, the space fills with a comfortable warmth.


Zellara appears. The specter of the fortune-teller appears as you last saw her -- a middle-aged Varisian woman with long, black hair tied with a headscarf. Despite her translucent form, her skin and dress remain bright and colorful.

"My friends. I have sensed you are on the verge of another great transition. Powerful forces are growing around you. Desna beckons me to perform another Harrow reading, if you would have it?"

6,051 to 6,100 of 6,218 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.