Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master nomadicc

Part II: Seven Days to the Grave


1 to 50 of 4,141 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Placeholder


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Part One - Edge of Anarchy
Date: 20 Desnus 4708

Spring is ending, and the heat of the coming summer is fresh on the breeze. The seasons are colliding, bringing frequent rains and oppressive humidity; mud is everywhere, but the rains also bring respite, washing away the lingering grime from the long winter. At this time of year, Korvosa is embryonic, invigorated with newborn energy without yet having cleaned away the detritus of yesteryear.

Amidst this seasonal shift, you try to live and survive, as you always have. Korvosa is a fickle parent, but over the years, through tribulation and trial, you have begun to learn its ways and even the means to prosper. But over all, the spectre of Gaedren Lamm still haunts you.

Absinthe:
As you rise and start about your day, you make a startling discovery. Among your things, but planted in plain view, you find a single Harrow card.

The card is The Peacock.

On the back is written, I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.


Demitri:
As you rise and start about your day, you make a startling discovery. Among your things, but planted in plain view, you find a single Harrow card.

The card is The Paladin.

On the back is written, I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.


Melianthe:
As you rise and start about your day, you make a startling discovery. Among your things, but planted in plain view, you find a single Harrow card.

The card is The Wanderer.

On the back is written, I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.


Rosa:
As you rise and start about your day, you make a startling discovery. Among your things, but planted in plain view, you find a single Harrow card.

The card is The Carnival.

On the back is written, I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.


Segang:
As you rise and start about your day, you make a startling discovery. Among your things, but planted in plain view, you find a single Harrow card.

The card is The Big Sky.

On the back is written, I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.


Seren:
As you rise and start about your day, you make a startling discovery. Among your things, but planted in plain view, you find a single Harrow card.

The card is The Joke.

On the back is written, I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

I apologize for the Chinese Hell of Too Many Spoilers, but the quicker we get everyone together, the sooner we can drop them. =)

GAME ON!


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Oh I am sooo dotting this. Its been hell getting here. :)

The barbarian has has no luck in finding his foe, and his funds are running low. This strange note brings him hope. He smiles for the first time since arriving, daring to trust.


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 13/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +8(Effects:)

Demitri picks up the card while looking around. Seeing no one suspicious, he puts it away. After months of nothing, this little piece of paper brought new hope to the ex-guardsman. Maybe one day he can get his little girl back and in the process make Lamm face judgement. He finishes packing up his things and leaves for the address when the sun goes down.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Absinthe first thoroughly checks the rest of her belongings for traps or absences of any kind. Then she has a wash, combs her hair, and dresses in her work clothes. She tucks card and note away inside her undergarments, and goes down to work.

The day seems to pass with a glacial serenity for the carpenter's apprentice. She devotes all her attention to her work, but once the working day is done, it is almost as if she can feel a small fire being lit inside of her.

"One thanks you for another day of instruction and the chance to improve one's humble skills," the young tiefling tells her employer and teacher in a soft voice. She bows to the master carpenter and heads back to her room, where she doffs the outfit of a carpenter's apprentice and puts on her leather armour and swordbelt.

Absinthe goes ghosting out the back of her teacher's store, and makes her way down the sunset-reddened streets of Korvosa, trying to remain hidden from sight. When she approaches number 3, Lancet Street, the tiefling girl finds a spot in the shadows... and settles down to wait.

Absinthe wouldn't be a Rogue if she didn't do a little hiding and observing before she went up to knock. ^^; But we'll all be inside together soon! She'll walk up and knock as soon as she's seen everyone else go in and there's no sound of violence.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 14/25 (1 Str dam), AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

DM:

A deep feeling of revenge about to be satisfied wells up inside Seren, and he quickly shakes his head.

Whoa now, boy ...could be a hoax, don't get ahead of yourself. Of course, we'll need to check it out regardless.

Tossing on his mid-week disguise, Seren leaves his midtown 1-room apartment, sauntering down the streets seemingly aimlessly, but working his way towards Lancet Street.

What district is Lancet Street in?


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

DM:

Melianthe stretches on her bed, an unusual one as it is made of night moss; her small acknowledgment of her origins. She had been dreaming of the forest, in the meditative way of elves. She arises to complete darkness, grateful once again to find an older style Varisian apartment with a large basement devoted to cooking and laundry and a much smaller perfunctory upstairs for entertaining.

She suddenly notices the Harrow card, placed in full view on her neatly folded doctor's cloak. She reads it, her mouth drawing down, and shivers slightly. She then looks at Hloire reproachfully. "You, my friend, are supposed to guard me! Were you busy knitting?". The scorpion does not reply, but almost appears to bow, spreading its pincers. She laughs, shaking off her fears, and goes off to wash and prepare for the late afternoon. A small meal and some communing with Hloire later, she slides on her outdoor clothes, slipping him into a harness on her back and covering her obvious dusky skin and scorpion alike in the doctor's dark clothes, and hiding her face with its mask. To the world, she is a tall, almost hunchbacked elven healer, completely anonymous.

It is almost sunset already, and she gathers her items. As an afterthought, she takes everything, even her weapons. She walks quickly to Lancet Street, a street she knows fairly well, her head buzzing with thoughts.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

The street is located in Midland, near the western docks, just off of Warehouse Way. If you check your map in the Player's Guide, it is the street just south of "M12", the Bailer's Retreat tavern.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Lancet Street? Lancet Street? I know that place. But it has been so long. the barbarian ponders as he gathers his few possessions; pack, shield sword, and spear. The javelins protruding from his pack scrape the header of the door as he leaves the small room and steps into the morning.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Yes, Lancet Street. I recall it now. I have walked it many time. His pace it light and his lamellar armor comforting as he retraces some of the paths of his youth. His senses remember better than his conscious mind; shadows cast from buildings subconsciously are expected, smells are familiar, cobbles under his feet true. He focuses on what has changed and takes in the area. He is not looking for trouble as he has not accepted the possibility that this lead would prove false.


Female Human Cleric 2

The young priestess looks over her card with a frown. "This is unexpected, and I thought I had identified most of his cronies throughout the city." Even murmuring to herself, she left out the obvious that a delivery to her small bedroom in the temple without engaging one of the acolytes should have been impossible. Instead, she simply pulled out her leather armor (as opposed to the leathers she might wear about her home) and a few small weapons.

Passing through the front doors, she informed a superior with a terse "Deal with my appointments....I seem to have a lead." It was her first real task for the temple, and the woman dead at Lamm's hand was...important to her. "If I'm not back by morning, assume the worst." With that, she made her way out the silk curtain covering the front door and through the streets.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

Segang or Knowledge (local) DC 10:
As you recall your past, you remember the address was the home and fortune telling shop of a Varisian woman named Zellara.

I'm going to assume you arrive in the order of responses: Segang first, followed shortly by Demitri, then Absinthe to her (not very) stealthy vantage, Seren, Melianthe and finally Rosa. I'll let you describe and introduce yourself, with the above in mind.

The cloying scent of the slaughtered fish from the nearby docks is all-pervasive in this area. You find the address easily enough, a modest shop on the ground floor of a five-story tenement. A single Harrow card decorates a placard sign above the door. The door is unlocked.

When you move inside...:
The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice, thankfully repelling the odor from outside. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel.

The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men's hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly colored rugs cover the floor, but the room's only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and seven elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits on top of the table.

Next to the basket is a simple note held down by a stone paperweight. It reads: Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9.

Absinthe watches from an alleyway as the strangers start to trickle in. At first glance, she looks like a girl from distant Tien Xia, dressed in dull, greyish leathers. Her skin is creamy pale, her hair is black, her eyes are pools of dark purple. A pack hangs on her back, a sheathed rapierdangles from her belt.

When she realizes she is easily seen, she shrugs and moves over to Nr. 3, Lancet Street, and inside. "Blessings of the evening," she murmurs to those who came before her.

At close proximity, Absinthe's inhuman qualities are more easily seen. Small horns can be seen by the keen eye, as can the almost dainty hooves sticking out of her trouser legs.

The tiefling girl blinks slowly at the note, and shrugs. She withdraws a Harrow card from inside her clothing and places it on the wooden table covered with the red throwcloth. The card is the Peacock.

"One has already enjoyed the evening's repast," the tiefling girl murmurs as she finds a seat and flows into it, "so please, feel free to have one's share."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

Melianthe appears in the street as a cloaked and hooded doctor, all skin covered by clothing, boot, glove and beaked mask. She heads for the door, not bothering to look left or right--why should a doctor be furtive?

Upon entering, she scans the room, nods at the others, and has a seat. Her tall slender form is marred slightly by the beginnings of a dowager's hump on her back, and there is the dull gleam of dark metal peeking out from the noosebag on the top of her walking stick. Doctors generally also do not have crossbows slung across their backs; perhaps to keep away foul pestilences?

She draws a card from a hidden pocket; it is the Wanderer.

"And blessings to you," she replies, a melodious and studied voice somewhat muffled by the mask. "I, too, have eaten."

She forms a triangle with her pointed hands and thumbs and waits.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

The card already on the table face up is The Big Sky. The young man in the room, while seated, is as tall as the tiefling or the dusk elf standing. Shoanti are a tall folk and Segang does not disappoint. He looks awkward in the elegant tall-backed chair. His steel blue eyes almost clash with his weathered tan skin and black hair. He is well muscled, looking quick and lean. His leather armor is marked with similar colors and designs as those of his new tribal tattoos on one side of his face. These markings, so new that they are still slightly red label him Shoanti and Shriikiri-Quah.

Morning. he says to Absinthe in a strange accent. At first you might take it for a greeting but he follows up Its not evening. Its morning.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

"For myself as well," says the doctor with a hint of amusement.

Mel is 6 feet--just how tall is Segang? And she's covered up--you can tell she's an elf. Not like there will be a delay in the reveal.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 14/25 (1 Str dam), AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Disguise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

My city, hmmm? That's right, that old Varisian card-reader's home. Always wanted to stop in. Egads, though, the smell of the sea. Reminds me of that fisherman ... how apropos

Seren enters, a sandy-haired human dressed as a swarthy dock worker, dirt and sweat still smeared on his frock. He immediately recognizes Absinthe, nodding to her before realizing he's in disguise.

Wonder if she knows this one?

He twirls the Joker harrow card over in his hand, "Huh, guess we all get one, eh?" and tosses it on the table with the other cards. "I am starved though, I'll dig in. One of you haul me to a priest if I start to shake or vomit."

He flops down in an available seat, looking around and eating.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Segang is 6'6". Still if you are 6 feet, it must be the chairs. :)


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles
Seren Dypethe wrote:
He flops down in an available seat, looking around and eating.

Seren uncovers the basket, revealing a few loaves of fresh black bread, still warm from the oven, and two bottles of wine, from Cheliax by the label.


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 14/25 (1 Str dam), AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

"Still warm, guess our host or hostess hasn't been gone too long. Have this weird feeling they'll be back. Wine, anyone?" Seren starts pouring.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Morning. Segang repeats again in his thick accent. Too early. His expression is a little hard to read with his new facial tattoos but you get a hint of disapproval.


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

I've assumed is actually evening time, per the original note, or is Segang being strangely contrary?


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

The doctor inclines her head at the barbarian quizzically, then addresses the hungry dock worker, her hands still meeting in a triangle beneath dark gloves.

"None for me at the moment, thank you. Should you start to shake or vomit, a few leeches applied judiciously here and there often draw out the toxins. All we healers ask is to draw a few coins from your pocket in return. Of course, you could go to a priest, but they too often merely pull the coin and not the blood." There is some morbid amusement in her covered voice.


Female Human Cleric 2

It is 'fashionably late' when the last member of the party arrives. Her leather armor, black of course, seems to have been cut and fit specifically to show off her curves. But, it isn't shiny or quite as form fitting as one might expect - this is fairly serious protection for wandering the streets, not the bedroom gear of one of her churches. She brushes some honey-blonde hair out of her eyes as she enters the room. "Hmmm, so many," she comments. "I do apologize for keeping all of you waiting...." although she finds herself looking over the number and the household "But it seems our mysterious host has yet to make an appearance."


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 13/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +8(Effects:)

Local: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Demitri didn't really know where he was going. Never knew there even was a Lancet Street. He enters and sees a Shoanti already there. He raises an eyebrow at first, but shrugs and takes a seat. Eating was not a high priority as of late, so even the sight of bread and wine distracted him. He kept his composure as he took a piece of bread and poured himself a glass. Before he partakes, he takes his card out and puts it on the table. "There's mine. Whoever called us, has a sense of humor, at least." He watches as more fill the room. He blinks as he sees the "doctor" walk in, but returns to snacking until Rosa makes her entrance. He wasn't sure, but he thinks he recognizes the leather-wearing woman. But if she was who he thought she was, it is odd that anyone would call them both. "Well, we're a diverse group of people, that's obvious. Who are all of you?"


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"One practises temperance, but thank you," Absinthe says, bowing her head to Seren.

She blinks owlishly at Demitri when he asks his question, but replies anyway: "One was named 'Mooneyes', for one's peculiarities. With whom does one have the honour?"


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 13/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +8(Effects:)

"Since you gave your name, it is only right to give mine. I am Demitri. "


Male Half-elf Shadowcaster 3/Rogue 1 //HP: 14/25 (1 Str dam), AC: 12 (16), F:1 R:5 W:2
Status:
  • Active spells: Mage Armor
  • Spells remaining: Color Spray, Sleep, Touch of Sea x4, hypnotic pattern, Mn Image, Invis
  • Binding Darkness: 7/7

Seren pauses a moment and stares as Rosa enters, a myriad of thoughts running through his mind. He finally shakes his head as "Mooneyes" question breaks his reverie. "Uh, yeah ... Seren is my name. Also interested in why an eclectic bunch like us were hauled together." He glances at the other cards on the table, flipping a couple over. "All about Lamm, eh?"


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"Ah," Absinthe murmurs. "Yes. Lamm."

For a brief moment, the tiefling's eyes flare crimson above her serene smile.


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa finds herself nodding, adding her own card, the Carnival, to the pile. "It seems the Goddess provides the means after all," she nods appreciatively to the rest of the room, a slight smile on her face. [b]"I'm Rosa," she adds, almost too casually.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5
DM NomadSage wrote:
I've assumed is actually evening time, per the original note, or is Segang being strangely contrary?

Oh. I am sorry. I saw the "as you start your day" reference and not the evening reference. I feel dumb now. Sorry everyone. :/


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

I just assumed the people who said "It's morning" lead nocturnal lifestyles. ^^; 'It may be evening for you, but it's morning for me!' -- that sort of thing. It was quite good.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

The doctor hesitates at the naming of names, and at the naming of Lamm. She removes her mask to reveal an unusual sight: a comely gray skinned elf, with violet eyes and blonde hair.

"I am Melianthe, last of my tribe of dusk elves. You have probably not seen one of us before." She pauses as if daring them to accuse her of drow blood or worse.

Her triangle of hands shake for a moment and then come under control as she places them on the table slowly. "I was Lamm's dream-sending pet once, sickened by shiver, but I snapped the leash and now heal others.". Her pupils glow as red as the tiefling's. Her voice thick with emotion, she continues. "What has he done to you?"


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Segang Gal. the large man offers. Of the Shoanti he adds, likely needlessly. He does not respond to Melianthe, as he is unready to share that much of himself.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"There was a... person I was fond of," Absinthe replies to Melianthe's question. "He, also, was introduced to shiver. He did not survive it."


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

"Most do not," says Melianthe. "It was not your friend's fault," she says, more quietly.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"Indeed not," Absinthe says, a serene smile on her face. "Indeed. I know where the blame lies."


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 13/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +8(Effects:)

"Lamm. He has hurt many over the years." Demitri's eyes betray that he knows that all too well.


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

The young barbarian only nods. His eyes seem to look off into some distant place.


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

"And here we are, drawn from the Harrow Deck, each damaged in our own way." Melianthe muses for a moment. "Jester. Sky-warrior. Elf of night. Fiend-spawn. Goddess-acolyte. Haunted noble." Her eyes fall on each in turn, a hand to her breast for herself.

She pauses, longer than a human would, and takes a sip of wine.

"I do wonder who has drawn this hand, and what sort of play we shall make with it. It does seem that our wounds flow together to become our strength."


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 13/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +8(Effects:)

"Well, I can't imagine who we all have in common that would call us together like this."


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"I doubt Lamm would be so hospitable," Absinthe murmurs. "But if it is he, then the hunt can be concluded tonight."


Chelish Inquisitor 3 - HP: 13/27 - AC 18, T:12, FF:16 Fort: +6, Reflex: + 3, Will: +6 Perception: +8(Effects:)

"If only we were so lucky. But he's not that stupid."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5
Melianthe Ssulissien wrote:

"And here we are, drawn from the Harrow Deck, each damaged in our own way." Melianthe muses for a moment. "Jester. Sky-warrior. Elf of night. Fiend-spawn. Goddess-acolyte. Haunted noble." Her eyes fall on each in turn, a hand to her breast for herself.

She pauses, longer than a human would, and takes a sip of wine.

"I do wonder who has drawn this hand, and what sort of play we shall make with it. It does seem that our wounds flow together to become our strength."

Segang looks more closely at the witch. Your words... move me. They adde meaning to who I am. Who, what kind of elf are you?


Female Dusk Elf Witch (Deception)/Level 4
Stats:
HP 20/20 AC 11 Per +8 Init +7 F +2 R +2 W +4

"A poor trap on Lamm's part, to bring together six sticks to form a switch with which to beat him," says Melianthe to the tiefling.

She turns to the Shoanti.

"I am a dusk elf, one whose home is the night. Our history has been rubbed out. There are those among my kind who say that there have always been two kinds of elves, and there are others who say we are the ones who stayed behind to watch Golarion during the Age of Darkness and learned to live in that eternal gloom. No one can say, but this is true: some of us who stayed behind...went below."

She makes a bitter face.

" Whether ancient sibling of daylight elves, or guardians during the Darkness, we are generally remembered as closest related to the ebon-skinned inhabitants of the lightless depths, and thus somehow guilty of their crimes. If we are remembered at all."

She gazes at Segang piercingly. "Well met, former thrall of Thassilon. You know what it is to be from a people who struggle under the weight of another, and another. At least you have a tribe. Mine is gone."


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"People can be so unkind, based on physical traits," Absinthe murmurs, her eyes half-closed. "Not to mention the extravagances of... relatives."


M Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Urban) 4- HP 54/54, DR 2/4 Nonlethal and Resist Fire 2: INIT +2, Perc. +7, AC 17/T:13/FF:15, Saves= Fort+6, Ref +3, Will +1/5

Aye. My tribe has been my salvation. he says with only a slight accent. Without it,... well I might have died from this shiver, or worse, been forced to sell it to others. He ponders a moment, then puts forth. There are many things that define a tribe. I propose we, the victims of Lamm are in a way a tribe. We share a common past and I believe a common goal. I do not know you, yet I feel a kinship growing in this room.


Female Tiefling Rogue 3 / Fighter 1; Init +3; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Perception +7; AC 19 (+4 Dex., +4 armour, +1 Ring of Protection); AC +1 vs. traps; hp 27/32 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 (+2 vs. fear)

"One is not familiar with the ways of the Shoanti, but feels honoured and warmed by the sentiment you express," Absinthe says, and inclines her head to Segang.


Female Human Cleric 2

Rosa just smiles at seeing everyone speak. "Well, it hardly matters now, but the story is...somewhat similar for me. However, I suspect a truly satisfying fate for the man won't be...quite...within our abilities. Unless someone happens to have a bit of the dog that bit their loved ones handy..."


A few minutes after you have all arrived and gotten introduced, the door opens and an attractive, middle-aged Varisian woman steps in, gracing you with a smile. She has long black hair, tied back with a bandanna, and she wears the long, colorful skirts her people are known for.

She circles to the remaining empty chair and sits, producing a Harrow deck and collecting the cards from the table. She shuffles them in and idly handles the deck while she speaks. "Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you."

"My name is Zellara. I have reason to remain hidden, you see -- a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal."

She sighs, looking at the cards in her hands, holding them still for a moment. When she resumes talking, the cards continue to dance in her hands and between her fingers with an expert's easy grace. "You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, and heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. He recovered the deck, but the thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm. When he learned of my son's deed, Lamm had him murdered."

Zellara takes a deep breath. "I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around, I paid bribes, I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded -- I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier Seventeen, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and worse."

"And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him -- what guarantee would I have that he would be punished? This criminal has evaded justice for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too."

"So there we are. It is time for him to pay."

1 to 50 of 4,141 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM NomadSage's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.