Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Nick's-Ferelden "The Calm Before the Storm" (Inactive)

Game Master HarbinNick

DM Nick's-Ferelden "The Calm Before the Storm"


201 to 250 of 287 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

hehe oops. I see it, it was an ooc. Probably why I missed it. I usually only read oocs when I am the DM cause you can roleplay those kind of questions. My bad. I am standing at 2hp now.

Dargail recoils in pain as the darkspawn finds its mark. He roars and attacks 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 For:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Kalyn Terbeth wrote:
In theory we have another healer, it has been sometime that i' asking what to do with the mage

After chapter 1 we will recruit for another...or continue with a party of 4. You're nearly there...


Male Qunari Fighter 1

Power Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

Maraas, angry now at his failure, lines up a powerful swing!


The genlock is probably dead, so no point in staying here for Kalyn. She'll go and flank the closest hurlock on Dargail.Don't think i'll need an Acrobatic check, since the genlock should be dead, and kalyn isn't crossing an enemy area

moves to flank a hurlock on Dargail
attack with flank bonus 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 = 18

The rapier goes deep inside the darkspawn flesh
damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
sneak attack damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


"Mend your defense, stone child!" Aloris shouts off to Dargail, flipping the matted hair from his face. "My magic is spent!"

Well, nearly. he thinks coyly, lobbing another arcane blast at his enemy.

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which targets are still viable and which are already defeated. In instances like this is it okay to simply say "the most likely candidate" and have you fill in the rest for me?

Storm Burst attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16 vs. touch AC (assuming they're in melee, otherwise +4)
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 nonlethal damage, -2 to all attacks for 1 round.


-Dargail,stands wounded and flanked by the two hurlocks. He swings but they easily avoid his clumsy blow.
-Aloris casts another flare of static at one of the hurlocks. The two Hurlocks try to hit Dargail, but one is blinded by the electricity, and the other's blow glances off the Dwarf's shield
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
-Maaras charges the Genlock and reduces it to a red mist...it never saw him coming.
-Kalyn rolls into positiong behind one of the Hurlocks and stabs in behind the knee. The knee buckles, but it is still standing...and fighting.
-Dargail is flanked by two Hurlocks, one of which is seriously wounded. Kalyn is in position flanking a hurlock. The Dalish is at the mouth of the tunnel. Maaras is 20 feet away, flicking bits of Genlock off his sword and armor...
I know the text maps are kind of terrible, but my relation with technology is bad as I live in China, and have a school issued computer. If anybody has any free suggestions put them over in the OOC thread
Round 3
Dargail
Aloris
Darkspawn
Kalyn
Maraas


Male Mazinger-type Fan of Go Nagai level 38

Already put mine, that is using Maptool


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

Dargail is heaving under the pain of his injury. Regardless he readies himself to try again. He aims to put down the wounded one if he can help it. He attacks with a mighty swing:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 For:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


-The wounded Hurlock falls backwards,dropping it's weapon. It's either dead, or dying.
-The last one, seeing it's surrounded goes for the killing blow on Dargail
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
It stikes through and slams a mighty blow into Dargail
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8


Aloris should be before Kalyn, but the hurlock already acted out of initiative
Kalyn shouts "Maraas, need help badly here" while once again thrusting her rapier in the hurlock's back

attack flank 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
SA damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human

Aloris huffs angrily at the Hurlock, watching the dwarf fall. He flips his bow from his back and looses an arrow at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 vs. AC
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage


Male Qunari Fighter 1

Maraas flies at the murderous Hurlock and aims to cut him down to size.

Power Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 for 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16


-The solo Hurlock is ripped to bits by the triple attacks of the two elves and the Qunari.
-In the center of the room is a strange, stone altar. It looks very old, and not of human, elven or dwarven make. You can make out what apear to be abstract designs of fish and reptiles carved into the altar. In addition there are recent blood stains on the top and sides of the altar.
Knowledge Religion or Knowledge History to learn more about it. Or what ever skill you may think is relevant and why.


Aloris gingerly steps around the corpses and looks around the room. He stops at the altar, and puzzles over it.

Knowledge Nature to attempt to identify what sorts of fish and reptiles might be carved into the altar. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Knowledge History 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Kalyn sits down some seconds, catching her breath. She turns to Aloris "All yours!! I'm not really into old scratched stones, i prefer jewels.
Better check on Dargail
"

The elven girl slowly stands up, then walks to her fallen companion.
"Anyone here knows something of first aid"?


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

*gurgle*


Dargail Bogan wrote:
*gurgle*

"I'm not a doctor, but that surely isn't a good sign"

ROTFL


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1
Kalyn Terbeth wrote:


ROTFL

"You Mock my pain!"


Dargail Bogan wrote:
Kalyn Terbeth wrote:


ROTFL

"You Mock my pain!"

Anyone sees a defribillator round here ? :P Sorry couldn't resist


Male Qunari Fighter 1
Dargail Bogan wrote:
Kalyn Terbeth wrote:


ROTFL

"You Mock my pain!"

"Life is pain! Anyone who says otherwise is selling something."


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

*twitch*.....*twitch*


SOMEBODY LOOT THE BODIES PLEASE!


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

I'd love too but I'm kinda well....mostly dead. Hehe I'm bad today.


I had thought of that, but it's 9:00 AM in Italy, i just woke up

YAWNNNNNNNN

Since she can do nothing for Dargail, Kalyn start examining the darkspawn bodies, seeking something valuable


Male Qunari Fighter 1

Maraas stays by the dwarf.

"We will do what we can Sten. If it is not enough, die well."


Aloris drops to Kalyn's side, eyes fixed on the corpses. "Surely these darkspawn have something of a healing nature. Would you recognize it if you saw it?" He begins digging through the bits of leather and armaments on the creature.


"I can tell a bottle from a diamond, be sure of that.If i find something resembling a potion i'll give a shout"

Then she smiles in amusement "Of course if i find a diamond i cannot promise i'll call some one else, girls love diamonds"


-The search reveals the following...a darkspawn magic staff +1 quarterstaff, 2 potions of cure light wounds, and 30 gold coins of various nations and ages, from Oralis,Tevinter,Dwarven, and Ferelden marks.


Kalyn gives the potions to Aloris "I think you were searching something like these"

Then she examines the coins "Don't worry, we'll dived them equally, i'll not hide any" then muttering by herself "but i'm veeeery tempted"

I'm an idiot, i just saw that i always forgot to include the city elf keen sense bonus to perception checks :/


Aloris snatches the two potion bottles from Kalyn and holds them toward the light. "Yes, this is exactly it."

He pops the crude stopper from one of the potions and holds it to his nose momentarily. With a shrug he steps over to Dargail, crouches at the dwarf's unconscious body and begins working the potion down his throat.

Cure Light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

"*Burp!* Still unconscious. At -1 hitpoint right now.


Dargail Bogan wrote:
"*Burp!* Still unconscious. At -1 hitpoint right now.

"Seems like you'll have to make Dargail drink the other too.Is it safe to drink too much of that smelly stuff Aloris ?"


Aloris:
The animals and fish carved into the altar, are clearly deep subterran creatures. The fish lack eyes, or even jaws. The Lizards are like immature dragons. The animals are threatening, and not 'natural'. You have never seen any of the beasts pictured, and would not be surprised if they were a species long extinct. What this means is up to you

Aloris you will receive the feat 'brew potion' as a bonus feat. All casters will receive 'brew potion' as a bonus feat at level 2. I want the party to rely on potions. See OOC thread.


Aloris furrows his brow and begins working the other potion down the dwarf's throat. He looks up at Kalyn's comment and shakes his head. "Perfectly safe. Probably." He stands after he finishes and holds the bottle towards Kalyn, spinning it slowly and letting the remaining liquid slide along the insides. "Potion brewing is a simple procedure for those with the gift. You take your herb and encourage its inborn properties when mixing it with any liquid. The Elvhen often use sweet wines, teas, and moon water." He brings the glass to his mouth and licks the rim, tasting the liquid inside. "If I were to guess, these potions were made with animal blood."

He tosses the empty bottle to Kalyn and steps past her, towards the altar. "Your concerns should fall here." Aloris places a dirty hand on the images, running his fingers along the edges of the creatures and speaks with deep concern. "Darkspawn are impossible to understand, because their minds don't work as ours do. These images frighten me." He looks back to the group. "They are beasts of Inalas... the deep earth. Look at them; they lack eyes to see the sunlight. I fear that they are abominations like the darkspawn." He sighs, and looks again at the images. "I don't know if these are drawings of imagination or of the Great Beyond, but I've never known of such things to exist. Seeing them on some crude altar makes me nervous."

Cure light wounds (potion) 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

Dargail's eyes open suddenly and sits up looking around. "Wha...Way....Where? Ah sodding ancestors! I went an got canned by em blighted darkspawn. Ah well at least I took of em wit me. Help me up." Once to his feat Dargail will inspect his wounds. "Still got some damage. Only hope der be no taint er its warden huntin fer me next task." Dargail looks around at the carnage. He then looks at Maraas and holds up two fingers. "Two. An one of em was a boss. Though I think it be only fair I knock da score down by one seein as how day one uped me. Oh well. Gotta work on ma swing a bit. Didn't fight to many darkspawn in ma life. Gotta get used to da feel of it so I don't go down so easy." He looks at the elves. "So what do we have? Know anythin about dis place?"


Kalyn puts the bottles in her backpack while Aloris holds a lesson of some sort of history or religion. She tries to listen to him, but gets bored very quickly, and goes back to collect the loot.
When Dargail awakes the girl  greets him excited.
"Welcome back among the living Dargail, this is the most wonderful thing i've been a part of in all my life. And look at the money and the rest of the spoils"


Feel free to roll a religion check on that altar templar guy, in addition remember you have detect magic as an at will ability in addition to detect evil.
There is a slight 'hum' in your ears, which is distracting but not painful. As if you were standing near a powerful electro-magnetic field


Dargail Bogan wrote:
Dargail's eyes open suddenly and sits up looking around. "Wha...Way....Where? Ah sodding ancestors! I went an got canned by em blighted darkspawn. Ah well at least I took of em wit me. Help me up." Once to his feat Dargail will inspect his wounds. "Still got some damage. Only hope der be no taint er its warden huntin fer me next task." Dargail looks around at the carnage. He then looks at Maraas and holds up two fingers. "Two. An one of em was a boss. Though I think it be only fair I knock da score down by one seein as how day one uped me. Oh well. Gotta work on ma swing a bit. Didn't fight to many darkspawn in ma life. Gotta get used to da feel of it so I don't go down so easy." He looks at the elves. "So what do we have? Know anythin about dis place?"

You would have heard everything Aloris said, since he said it after you awoke (technically).


Male Qunari Fighter 1

Maraas nods happily to see the dwarf awake.

[b]"You did well Sten. A bit over zealous maybe. Ha!"[/]b

Maraas give a puntuated laugh. Though it seems the laugh is merely a formality to inform his audience that he was joking.


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

Dargail approaches the alter examining it for any signs of evil. Interesting construction. Wonder what they were using it for? Hope this thing isn't an attempt to start another blight.....so soon after the recent one we've had. That would be bad." <--Understatement


Aloris shakes his head at Dargail. "These were simple creatures. I doubt they have the ability to begin a blight."


-The altar whispers words to your mind Blood must be shed. You have a sudden,primal urge to kill. It makes all of you rather nervous.

Dargail:
The altar radiates a mild aura of evil. You notice a strange, spiral like grooved design on the surface of the altar. It would be possible to pour some blood upon the altar. This would also be quite a terrible idea even if you were not a templar.


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

Dargail is alarmed by this sudden urge and puts his arms out indicating that others should back away. "Back! This.....Thing whatever it is, is no good and seems to be tugging at our urge to kill. I say if we can't move on in these caves, we should clear out." He looks down the tunnel for any indication as to how much further it goes.

Wish I could destroy the alter but that's a job for a hammer which I have none. Maraas maybe?


Kalyn shakes for a moment, walking backward until she hits a wall of the cave.She seems to awake from some kind of daze.

"Listen guys,i finished gathering the loot and i want to spend the money as long as i'm alive.Why don't we just run the hell out of here"?


Aloris nods at the idea, and begins making his way out of the cavern.


Male Qunari Fighter 1

Maraas has a big sword. Also, he doesn't go for religion so much, but he fears it a bit. I do not think he'd touch the alter.


Kalyn too makes a haste toward the cave exit


You emerge into the light, shaken by the ordeal. The forest is strangely quiet around you, but nothing else is out of the ordinary.
I'm rolling will saves for all of you
Maaras 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Aloris 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Kalyn 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Dargail 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 SR 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Everyone but Aloris

thoughts:
You feel shaken to your core, as if you stared into the depths of hell, and hell stared back. You realize you have been a failure to your race, your parents, your community, your gods, and anything else that ever meant anything to you ever. You feel REALLY depressed, and don't know why.

It seems you have seen enough death for one day...What does the party decide to do?


Male Qunari Fighter 1

Maraas has felt these emotions before, but he survives as Tal'Voshoth. He'll be alright.

You must fight this depression Maraas. You make your own way. Never go back!

"I say we go get a reward for that."


Male Dwarf Templar lvl 1

Dargail sits there all depressed like. "Whats the use? Its not like getting paid will make my failure to the Maker go away. I let myself be defeated in there an now look at me. Imma dwarf in the Templars. I'm a joke that isn't meant ta be here. Woe is me!"

201 to 250 of 287 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Nick's-Ferelden "The Calm Before the Storm" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.