Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

DM Nex's Dragon's Demand

Game Master NeoEvaX

Roll20 Map
Current Map
Loot


651 to 700 of 963 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

Verik sighs

Draconic:
Remember back when we where fighting, and I told you that you'd receive no mercy after you already squandered my offer?
Verik asks something in Draconic, Look, it is a lieing theiving monster who kills just for the sake if it. It shot Vors, direly wounding him! Don't for one second believe it won't do so again... If we let it go it will only cause more suffering. I say we kill it, if you don't think so, then take it back and throw it in prison, where it can starve slowly. Because I am not allowing you to release a killer back to its clan, letting it warn them...
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Verik crosses his arms. Besides, it is obviously hiding something from us...

Verik keeps what else he garnered to himself...


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Hearing Verik speak makes a decision for Bethany. She does decide to be merciful if merciful means quiet. As quietly as she can she brings her hammer straight back and, if no one stops her, straight down.

Earthbreaker to hit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13

Unlike when the rage is on her she does not smile just looks, well, sad. She turns her back to look down the hall muttering.

"Well we did try and give it and out."

Her shoulder slump as she looks, clearly not looking to push forward just looking.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Hearing the loud smack, Brynn turns to see Bethany has killed the kobold. She raises an eyebrow in surprise. She doesn't say anything, instead she stalks over to the pile of rocks and Hunclay's corpse, looking to see if he has anything worthwhile on his body.

Although I know you guys looked at him, Brynn was at the back and hasn't done so close up.

Perception to notice anything on him we could steal without digging him out: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Deciding this dead guy's useless, she scoffs.

"Do we still want to dig out Hunclay? Or should we pay a visit to these kobolds first?" she asks aloud.

I'm losing it... I'm letting my persona slip. Crap.

Brynn sighs.

Get it together. Get it together.


She is essentially helpless right now, so...

The hammer slams down onto the stone floor, briefly passing through the bloodied body of the kobold. Very little is left of the small green body.

Items of interest on the body:
3x Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds These might have been useful earlier...
3x Small spears
small mwk studded leather
small mwk short bow with 20 arrows Though I am not worrying too much about ammo tracking
5 precious gems
10pp

To help speed some things along
The room to the west has a few small piles of furs that are laid out like nests. An old tiny fire is sitting in the middle, having long run out of fuel.

The hole to the north seems to go into an extremely long tunnel. You are unable to see the end or any light. Though there is a very faint breeze coming out from it.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Seeing Bethany is moping, and Grilnik's jerking around out of sight--I don't want to know what he's doing...--Brynn heads over to Vors' still unconscious body.

Better to pretend to heal the wounded than haul boulders off a corpse.

She fusses over Vors, binding his wounds, cleaning him up with prestidigitation, and generally wasting time until the others are ready to move on.

Heal to clean him up and not make it worse: 1d20 ⇒ 11

---

When she realizes someone found some potions, she holds out a hand for one and stuffs it in her belt pouch. Then she holds out her hand for another and feeds it to Vors.

Healing: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11

She smiles down at him and asks, "You alright?"


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Farily certain no one is coming down the passage and in control of herself Bethany looks at the gear the others came up with.

She holds up the studded leather armor in front of herself, admiring its workmanship.

"Too bad I'm not a 12 year old. Oh well."

She will gather up the armor and bow if no one wants it to take back to the surface.

"Ummm.. his body has lasted this long and we want the stuff in the chests. Why not leave him hear and make a couple trips. We can say it is still dangerous if anyone ask." pauses for a beat "Is that too greedy?"


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Grilnik's prayers are interrupted by a thump.
"Eh? What was that?" he rejoins the others to see a stain where their prisoner was and Vors waking up.
Slag in my beard, what happened?
"Where'd our prisoner go, what was that thud, and where did that potion come from?"


Male Half-orc | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 Rogue (unchained)/1st Cleric of Cayden Cailean/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

As Brynn pours the potion in Vors's waiting mouth, the magus notices the half-orc's wound heal completely. Vors shoots up from the floor, highly disoriented, holding his head, muttering nonsense.
"Aaaah! My head! F#<k!"
The rogue begins to stare intently at his hands.
"Cayden! Dear God! Dammit! What! Did you think I was gonna welch on my bet?"
Vors vision clears and sees Grilnik, and runs to him, grabbing him by the arms.
"Grilnik! Cayden brought me back and made me a cleric!!! HELP ME!!


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

wait, weren't you at -6 or something? I think the healing potion only healed 11. What am I missing? xD

Even more confused, Grilnik tries to reply to Vors "cleric? What?"
"I'm pretty sure Brynn ..."
Grilnik gestures half heartedly towards Brynn and the empty potion bottle.
"...and since when does anyone make bets with The Lucky Drunk?"
Oh wait
"Calm down!" Grilnik grabs Vors by the forearms and sends soothing energies through him Calming Touch
"Please try that again, but slower this time."


Male Half-orc | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 Rogue (unchained)/1st Cleric of Cayden Cailean/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

The soothing energies enters the half-orc's body.
"Ah. Thanks."
Taking a moment to get his composure, Vors continues.
"Just before I died", a grim expression falls over Vors's face for a moment, "I bargained with Cayden if he let me live, I'd become his priest. Apparently, Cayden was eager to send me back. I-I think I have spells in my head..and does this sound familiar?"

Celestial:
"What language am I speaking?"


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Ungrateful a**!

Brynn rolls her eyes and leaves the pious to themselves. To Bethany she mouths, "Men," and shakes her head.

---

"Bethany my dear," Brynn says with a sigh, "I think we deserve to be a little greedy."


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Bethany smiles happy to be thought of as a peer when Brynn give her the look. When her idea of bring out the treasure in waves is though of well she basically beams.

Maybe I will get enough for new armor.


Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

Verik sighs. Ugh, The prisoner was hiding something!!! Next time don't just kill the thing! he says to Bethany. After all we didn't all agree to just splatter it's brains all over the walls! Verik says, obviously upset. Yeah, it was my idea to kill it, but it was more of a show than anything, k wanted to scare the Kobold into believing we'd kill it, not actually do it, Ugh! Verik sighs again.

Great... Now we have nothing... he crosses his arms. We should get going, I'm sure that we should all rest before trying to assult a Kobold hideout without the pertinent information our PRISONER was HIDING.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Brynn glares at Verik, clearly unimpressed. "If you expect us to read your intent, not your words, you should travels with fortune-tellers." She remarks curtly. She shakes her head. "Say what you mean, or don't be surprised if things don't go your way. We're not diviners."

"Besides," she adds, putting a comforting hand on Bethany's shoulder. "It had a chance to tell us everything, and it didn't. It hid things. And you clearly were incapable of making it speak. I'll not cry and whine over a dead kobold."


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

"Don't yell at me! You said kill it? I killed it." she shrugs "How would I know? Maybe work out a signal phrase for me not to kill what you say to kill? I am not familiar with ratfolk's facial expressions."

Clearly she is flummoxed and upset by the whole thing.

"Do you think I wanted to smash a tied up kobold when I joined up to be a guard?"

after a pause

"Plus, we don't have nothing. We have what we came for plus some money."


Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

Verik sighs, there are ways to get people to talk besides just asking... I have spells... Ugh... But anyways, what is done is done, let us not tarry any longer... he says


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None
Vors Orcblood wrote:

"I bargained with Cayden if he let me live, I'd become his priest. Apparently, Cayden was eager to send me back. I-I think I have spells in my head..and does this sound familiar?"

** Celestial **

"Sorry Vors, I don't know that tongue, but the sounds themselves uplift this beard." Grilnik pats his beard as he speaks

---

Grilnik shakes his head at Bethany's explanation.
We'll need to avoid that in the future
"In the future, perhaps we can have some sort of trial before we execute someone." Grilnik says, somewhat bitterly. Sighing, he continues.
"Verik is right, though. Let's not tarry, and let's not forget the spoils of war either..."
Grilnik goes through the belongings of the dead kobolds, putting the gems and platinum into his belt pouch. "I'll keep these safe."

"Anyone have ideas for making a shortcut back out? Those chests look heavy, after all."

I vote smashing a hole in the treasure room or in the tunnels nearer the exit xD


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

"If you had spells to use, you should have used them instead of speaking with a forked tongue!" Brynn scolds Verik.

"Yes, perhaps we need a break from exploring for today. Let's haul what chests we can out of here. It will take a few trips. Once we get some back to the inn I can count it out, it will take some time, and divide it evenly. We can each use our share of coins to resupply before returning tomorrow."

Brynn will help carry things up to the surface, but once we're up there she'll be the coin-counter.


Male Half-orc | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 Rogue (unchained)/1st Cleric of Cayden Cailean/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

With Brynn's shrewish behavior peaking through, Vors gets an idea. The half-orc moves out the magus's line of sight, and going on pure instinct, casts his first clerical spell.
Charm person, Will save 11
"Brynn. It's alright. Things didn't go all too smoothly today. I stand before you as proof. But there no need to take the frustrations of the day out on each other. We have a winfall. Let's concentrate on properly transporting and dividing it up accordingly."


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Oh my that charm could be priceless either way!

"I am all for getting out of here. Load me up with stuff to carry."

Oh this is exciting. To bad for the kobold but I might be able to get better armor. as she things about the armor a big grin forms.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Did you just charm person a party member?

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8 Well, I don't notice you casting it.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Brynn raises an eyebrow at Vors. "Verik told us to kill someone, Bethany listened, and then he yelled at her for it, when she's clearly upset," she narrows her eyes at the insensitive half-orc. "If anyone needs a warning about what to do with their frustrations, it's him." She smiles (not at all sweetly) at Vors.

Turning to Bethany, Brynn smiles (kindly). "Lead the way, dear."


Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

Verik sighs. Hmm... Perhaps, from now on let's not go needlessly killing prisoners, after all why take a prisoner if your just going to kill them anyways...

He thinks for a moment, pulling out his Spellbook. I could start practicing a spell for the future to help getting out much easier... Or perhaps a spell to carry our stuff for us, after all the spells to teleport are from the Conjuration school and I'm afraid I've neglected my studies in that school...


Male Half-orc | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 Rogue (unchained)/1st Cleric of Cayden Cailean/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.
Bullseye Brynn wrote:
"If anyone needs a warning about what to do with their frustrations, it's him." She smiles (not at all sweetly) at Vors.

Vors shrugs. "Just trying to remove the obstruction".


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Distracted from carrying out more money then she has seen Bethany feels she needs to rejoin the discussion.

"Fine! I won't kill unless rat man says so. Vors is now all cool with a god and Brynn doesn't like him. Grilnik, well heis busy dwaftning so he should like my idea. Lets take this gold and silver and copper out of here before someone comes and checks on us?"

Bethany stomps her foot.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

"That's a completely incorrect summary," Brynn remarks.

To Bethany she adds: "And people who take someone's order on who to kill are called assassins, dear. Best not be one of those. Follow your heart, yeah? You'll be better off."

But she turns and heads towards the chests, ready to stuff however much gold she can fit into her backpack and pockets.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

I mean no offense, but now I'm entirely too curious about what "dwaftning" is. Typo? Slang?
Please tell me. I MUST KNOW xD

I'll have to have a chat with Beth later...

As the group travels back to the chests, Grilnik tries to remember the shape of the castle.
"Anyone want to help me whack some of these walls to see if we can make a shortcut?"


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Typed that quickly, should have been just 'Dwarfing'. She is totally stereotyping as grumbling around underground talking about making holes in stone for easier access to gold and silver. She doesn't know many dwarfs.

Mumbling about being an assassin Bethany shrugs and looks from her hammer to the wall.

"Not really what big brother here is designed for, I don't want to damage it. Do you think it will work?"

She is happy to give it a go if Grilnik thinks it will not break her hammer and shows here were to start hitting.

Earthbreaker:

Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Brynn raises an eyebrow.

Aaaaand the dwarf wants to demolish things. Why am I not surprised?

Brynn takes a step back from the potential cave-in and hurries off to the chests so she can salvage what she can before the dwarf brings this whole place down.

With the chests in sight she remembers just how heavy they are. Unwilling to let any of this money get lost, she asks Grilnik.

"Are you an engineer?"

Meanwhile she draws her mithral dagger and puts it in place so we can unlock the cages once Vors is ready with his.


Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

Verik thinks for a moment... I might have a pickaxe! he says Pulling his backpack off. He begins digging Through it before pulling out a mining pick. Ah yes! Here is one! he says, holding the pick out to Grilink. If we need to dig holes we have this!

Using pack rat to get a pickaxe, which I believe is only 5gp, I'll make sure to check though- Edit: It's 3gp


After looking at the various walls and trying to figure out the best location to create a hole, you decide on the wall in with the chests.

It is a worked wall, but is actually pretty thin. Making it easy to get though. Also you do not believe it is holding any weight and has little risk of causing more damage.

With a bit of work with pickaxe and hammers you clear a hole big enough to fit through, while also carrying chests.

The rules for making holes in walls are pretty complicated, but with enough time and the right tools I don't see any issue doing this

You now have an easier exit. Though you will need to be able to get up a rope into the bottom floor of the old tower.

To make life easier, lets assume you are all carrying coins. You will need to take trips, but there is very little danger so I wont require rolls, just time, to get them all up. When you want to

With sweat on your brows from the hard work, you have an exit. It took a decent amount of time, so you believe it is now much later in the day. Approaching late afternoon.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Brynn starts carrying coins up one backpack full at a time while Grilnik and Bethany work on bashing a hole in the wall. Once they're all in place in (her room? someone else's room?) Brynn gets to work on counting them all out, meticulously.

This takes us all evening, then, right? Brynn can hand out the sorted coins before bed?


Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

Verik Huffs, unable to carry as much as the others, bust still trying his best. I don't think k there is enough platnum in town to let us easily convert this... I'll have to set us up some runes and traps to keep Theives away!


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

"Convert this?" Brynn asks with a smile. "You can trap your bedroom. I'm going to spend mine! One handful of copper at a time." she laughs.


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Any sort of banking intuition in this town?

"Oh spending some of my share should be fun. Maybe nicer armor... or steak for dinner."


There is a house of Abadar for all your banking needs

Since this just takes time.. I will allow you all to have made trips with your stuff. For the sake of ease, at this point, you have access to all the coins. What you do with those coins is up to you. They just need to be stored somewhere. You room, this room in the dungeon, or at the bank.

By the time you transport what you need and get the hole figured out. It is reaching evening. Lets say, unless someone does not wish it so, that you make your way back to the inn, late. You have collected all the coins. The town is nearly asleep and closed up for the night.

Feel free to do any chatting or preparing, but we should move on to the next morning, when you are ready.

Reminder: Your quest was to investigate the cause of the Witch Tower's collapse. Also find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower's collapse. You now know the cause and what happened to Hunclay. The Baroness has your reward.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

If there's a hundred platinum in town, we'd only need around that much, lol
Do we have any trouble selling the small sized armor and bow?

As they deliver the last of the coins into Brynn's room for counting, Grilnik picks up the teak case filled with gems "I'd like to make sure we get our money's worth when we decide to sell these. Anyone else know a thing or two about gems?"
I wonder if they have a better value/weight ratio than platinum pieces...


Male Half-orc | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 Rogue (unchained)/1st Cleric of Cayden Cailean/1st| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

"I think I'll guard Brynn's room while she does the counting", Vors says as he starts to sharpen his blades.


100pp I think is doable at The House of Abadar

You can sell the small sized armor and bow. Standard 50% sale. 3gp for spears. 87gp for armor. 165gp for mwk shortbow. Gems you will need to appraise or trust an NPC to give you value.

I think Grilnik just took them, but there were a few more gems on the Kobold. Along with the box of gems.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Grilnik originally took the kobold's gems, and just now claimed the teak box/gem set for appraisal xD
Which reminds me, would it be more than 2 checks? I think he can take twenty (for a 20+7=27) for both checks within the time it takes Brynn to count...


Yes 2 checks. But you can take 20 on looking at those gems

While Brynn goes over the pile of coins you brought out from the dungeon, Grilnik takes a look at the gems he found.

The Gems found on the kobold, 5 in total. Each are worth about 25gp.

The teak case is pretty unique on its own. The gems and the case together would be worth about 800gp in total.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Eventually Brynn's done counting, and has sorted the coins into piles. She gets Vors' help to hand them out to everyone. As noted in discussion.

Is Grilnik taking care of selling the gear, then? And trading the gems at the bank? How much are we keeping aside for a slush fund?

The next morning Brynn wants to do some shopping. First she swings by the churches in town, seeing if she can buy healing potions and holy water from any of them. She starts at the temple to Shelyn, cause some of those young acolyte's were hot, but moves on from there after she buys them out.

How many healing potions and holy waters do they have in stock?


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15\19 | F: +6\8, R: +2\4, W: +6\8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4\6, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 2/2 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells 1st: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

Grilnik is first in line to accept his two sacks of just over 86lbs of coin "Thank you for counting it all out, Brynn. Don't forget we'll meet for lunch to break up the money I get from selling the teak box..."

---

The next day, Grilnik makes sure to help Verik carry his share of the treasure as an apology for not buying an appropriately sized sack.


Male ratfolk wizard 2
Vitals:
HP:14/14 AC:14=10+(3dex,1size) Speed:20ft BAB:1 CMD:11 CMB:0 FORT:+1 REFL:+3 WILL:+3 SQ:Scent Init:+3

I thank you, kind dwarf! After all, not only am I small, I'm weak as well, frail even for my kind. he says to Grilnik. Although I do believe this is a good time to buy a bag... Or perhaps a mule... he thinks for a moment... Eh, whatever works best!

Verik leans on his staff, using it like a walking stick as he always does, pipe hanging from his mouth. Say, you know how the wizard is dead? Might it be that he has an assortment of magical items in his home? he says. As a Wizard I feel it my duty to preserve his knowledge and go search through his documents. And perhaps his Treasury as well. Verik says, in a tone that isn't clear whether he means what he says, or is just greedy

I particularly want to get my hands on his Spellbook! he says, clearing up any dought. [b] After all if he had any spells in there that I don't, who knows! I might be able to use them.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

"Of course, Grilnik. I'll be there."

To Verik, she replies: "Tensions were running high yesterday. Perhaps we could use a change in scenery. We could visit Hunclay's home this afternoon and return to the tower at a later date."


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

As soon as there is a free moment Bethany will drag her sacks of coin to the bank to exchange into platinum and gold.

"That would be part of our investigation? Not just stealing right?
I guess we might find more information for that woman."

Bethany is clearly unsure if this is a good idea


In the morning the group of you make your way to The House of Abadar. The cleric on duty seems to be very busy and seems to want to rush your money conversion. He gets a bit annoyed looking at all the copper, but he helps you get it all converted over to easier to spend coins.

By the time this is all done you are free to do what you need.

You remember that the Baroness wanted information about the collapse of the tower. She also has your reward money for learning the cause of the collapse, as well as the fate of Hunclay.


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Brynn heads off to speak with the Baroness, informing her that:

"Apparently, the wizard Hunclay hired the kobolds who live under town to destroy the tower, since you would not allow him to do it legally. Unfortunately, the wizard died in the collapse, and so did some of the kobolds. This, of course, concludes our business together." She clearly expects to be paid now.

"We would be willing to continue to investigate the kobolds and their lair, if you desire, as well as what other dangers the wizard's home might contain, but such a task is very dangerous. Kobolds are keen trapsmiths and the region under the tower is quite unstable... Not to mention there numbers are unknown at this time...." She's offering to keep investigating if we get paid for it.

---

Bullseye Brynn wrote:

The next morning Brynn wants to do some shopping. First she swings by the churches in town, seeing if she can buy healing potions and holy water from any of them. She starts at the temple to Shelyn, cause some of those young acolyte's were hot, but moves on from there after she buys them out.

How many healing potions and holy waters do they have in stock?


As a group of you approach the Barroness. You let her know what happened and what was discovered The main facts not the loot.

The Baroness looks thoughful as she hears the story of your adventure into the Witch Tower. She brings out a small bag. Containing 500gp.

"Here is your payment, as pomised. You have shown interest in working more. I have long been suspicious of the local kobold tribe living near the flooded quarry to the east. They have kept to themselves, but this news makes me worried. The time of peaceful living with them has changed."

"I wish for you, and your team mates, to drive the kobolds out of the region. Killing the Chieftain is always an option, but really we just want them out of the region. I will leave to you on how this is accomplished. As payment for this task I have a dozen amethysts, all worth 100gp each I can part with."

Before waiting for a response, "I know you have shown interest in the wizard's manor. We are sure he has something to do with the tower's collapse and the kobolds, but for now it might be best to stay away from the manor. He was an eccentric and misanthropic loner, and his manor is no doubt filled with traps and dangers. I believe it can wait a bit longer. The kobold problem seems a bit more pressing."

---
DM roll: 5d100 ⇒ (75, 28, 62, 18, 83) = 266
DM roll: 5d100 ⇒ (91, 45, 24, 41, 35) = 236

You check with both temples to check on healing items.
1. They have as much holy oil as you would need.
2. They are running quite low on potions. They have 4 potions of Cure Light, and only 3 potions of cure Mod.
3. The House of Abadar does have a Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (39 charges) being sold for 3,860gp.
4. They do direct you to Xemne's Tonics. Who has quite a large stock of potions. Xemne of Gemgazi is super friendly and has quite a big stock of potions. 50gp for light and 300 for moderate.

--
Updating Campaign page with all magic items for sale


| HP: 10/10 | AC 14 (T13, FF 11) | CMB: +0 CMD: 13 | F:+3 R:+3 W:+3 | Init +3 | Perc +0, SM +0, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Arcane Pool: 2/3 | Active Conditions: +1 Longbow (1 minute)

Brynn's cool with accepting the terms of employment. Any complaints?

Once we leave the manor, Brynn splits the gold evenly amongst her companions, giving everyone an extra 100 gp.

---

Thanks! Brynn will purchase two holy waters, and all four potions of cure light wounds from the temple. She'll spend some of the rest of her money as well, but I'll need to give it some thought first.


11/13 Rage | Status: Raging 2 Barbarian | 24/30 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +5 Pre | CMB +4 | CMD 16 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +0 Will | +4 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +4 Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: 28/34 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +6 | CMD 14 | +6 Fort | +2 Ref | +2 Will | +6 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +6 Cladius 1d6+4 |

Intimidated by the Baroness and feeling out of place with her giant hammer Bethany does little more then stand around looking uncomfortable during the meeting. As they leave she looks at the Baroness.

"Thank you for the gold. I like you more then I thought."

Immediately realizing this was the wrong thing to say she quickly turns and hurries out.

"Guys I am going to go look into that armor real quick. The more I am protected the more I can stay in front in a fight."

Fine with the next mission. Still a touch down on health but not terrible if we want to save resources.

651 to 700 of 963 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Nex's Dragon's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.