Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


1 to 50 of 119 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Having not found an online game available at this point in time I have considered attempting to GM the Second Darkness AP with PF conversions.

I will be eventually running this AP for my actual RP group once we complete Legacy of Fire. I have GM'd in social 3.5 and PF with my relaxed RP group.

I have not had much experience with pbp so anyone who can give me some advice about tackling as a GM please feel free to do so.

Also, expressions of interest would be great too. Kicking off at lvl 1 of course and i would be aiming to post nightly.

Shadow Lodge

Interested in getting to use my crossbowman. And playing in all the different APs - so win win. :)


I would be interested in playing. I have several character ideas, would love have a chance to play one.


Lost Gamer wrote:

Interested in getting to use my crossbowman. And playing in all the different APs - so win win. :)

Loving the quick expressions of interests. Lets see how long it takes to get 2-3 more then i will get down to the finer details and discussion about kickoff and session timing.


Varash Ironskull wrote:
I would be interested in playing. I have several character ideas, would love have a chance to play one.

Good stuff Varash, will keep you posted.


Having read some advice posts on running online campaigns. Does anyone have objections to using MapTools and vent or skype.

I have run Maptools for about four lvls of play in my current Savage Tide campaign and i guess its a perfect platform for online game play.

I have a vent server but do havent used skype before but happy to roll with the majority.


Just stopping by to drop in my 'best wishes' to a fellow Aussie; there's a few of us on here, and a few threads for Aussie gamers and events.

You from Syd?


Shifty wrote:

Just stopping by to drop in my 'best wishes' to a fellow Aussie; there's a few of us on here, and a few threads for Aussie gamers and events.

You from Syd?

Cheers Shifty, I'm up in Brisbane actually. Thanks for the well wishes. This is what you got to do if you cant get social games consistently. I am hoping this is enough to keep me sated.


Yep yep. There's a Paizocon just been held up Brisvegas way I thought? So must be some action up there :)


Sydneysider here. Very interested! Will get to work on a character.

Am off uni until march, too. So I'll have plenty of time. I'm also keen to use maptools. I've run my first (and at the moment only) campaign over it, and I'd love to use it as a player! I'd be interested in playing an elf, gnome or a dwarf, as my GM's homebrew world has neither. I'm interested in playing a Bard, Rogue, Magus or some kind of Cyphermage, depending on the group makeup.

And a paizocon, huh? That's news to me. Brisbane get all of the fun. :P


Well we get numerous conventions here in Sydney, as well as the Shadowlodge event, and theres PFS games running... (always Saturdays though sadly)


Townsville here. (Usually known as STR Ranger)

I'm keen
Click on the Avatar to see Calain Heartstriker, My invulnerable Rager for legacy of fire.

What books are available? PF only, in which case I'd submit Calain.
If 3.5 PHB2 allowed, I'd submit a Rolibar's Gambit Two Weapon Warrior.


Calain wrote:

Townsville here. (Usually known as STR Ranger)

I'm keen
Click on the Avatar to see Calain Heartstriker, My invulnerable Rager for legacy of fire.

What books are available? PF only, in which case I'd submit Calain.
If 3.5 PHB2 allowed, I'd submit a Rolibar's Gambit Two Weapon Warrior.

Welcome aboard Calain. Pure PF as i need to convert this to PF for my live RP group. Well, i can now start on the Mapping and the campaign thread. Will see what i can get done by tomorrow night.


Anyone going to access the Players Companion? I have a copy but the spanner in the works is i cant share photocopies from here.


Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
Anyone going to access the Players Companion? I have a copy but the spanner in the works is i cant share photocopies from here.

It should be free on the Paizo site, I believe.

I'd take a look at some of the PbP games on the boards and see if we can't make the format work (or use maptools for resolving combats only once per week or something). It just occured to me that it's a lot easier to promise a couple of forum posts a day than it is being able to jump on maptools every week. I might have to sit on the fence for now.


Never used Maptools either. I can guarantee a couple of posts a day at least but can't Skype or be online at a set time.

Currently in the Crimson throne PBP I'm in our DM just links to a pic of whatever map we are on.

BTW, what point buy we on?
Calain was built on 20pts
Max starting gold
and Max HP at 1st level


Hey there!

I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring although I'm not from Australia. :-) I'm new to the Messageboards here at Paizo but I've played my share of PF live and on other boards.

Never used MapTools either. Does it support PBP?

If you're willing to have me, I'll play Ascaria the witch.


DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
Anyone going to access the Players Companion? I have a copy but the spanner in the works is i cant share photocopies from here.

Okay. Will do away with MapTools then and proceed with grid overlay mapping system. I have chosen to use Flickr to share pics so if you aren't already signed up for it, probably beneficial to do so now.

Go to Flickr

Reply with your user name and i will invite you to the group.


Okay, firstly, I have always taken a relaxed approach to gaming. I am not a rule wizard and I am still learning much about the Campaign Setting and formalities of online play relevant to my responsibilities as GM on Paizo. That being said... I am working on it all concurrently.

Generate Ability Scores using the 20 Point Buy System.
No Drow PC's allowed folks.
Alignment: I prefer no evil characters but if you are set on it, then lets talk about it.

PF references useable are;

Core Rule Book
Ultimate Combat
Ultimate Magic
Inner Sea World Guide
Advanced Players Guide
Adventurers Armory
Companion Second Darkness
Character Traits Web Enhancement
(and subsequent errata updates)

You may select two traits to begin which must be from separate categories and i prefer one to be a campaign trait.

Max out your starting character wealth.
Max out your starting character hp.

Ensure you have vital stats clarified and your back story refined.

I am attempting to produce a copy of the PF Companion and post it to the Flickr Group album at this time. Just trying to achieve a decent compression / quality.


Player Companion now uploaded to Flickr. I have read that i can share my companion with my group alone without copyright problems, so please don't replicate it other than for use in this campaign.

Shadow Lodge

Known as Lost Gamer on Flickr - go figure :)

And will post Val up here after this so you can get a look at him as all I need do is change the campaign trait.

Qadira

Here is the character I think everything is in order save the campaign trait and changing a few names in the background to fit.


I am ShagGrenade on Flikr. Pleased to see the Inner Sea Worldguide on that list. Have statted an elf and a gnome and can't make a decision, will keep at it!


Username: STR Ranger

Look forward to it.

I'll alter Calian's Backstory from Legacy of Fire and Change his Finding Haleen Trait.

Not sure if you looked. No dramas with him wielding a Nodachi for a Weapon? It's a Martial so he is proficient (will have a fluff reason as well- he took it from a visiting gladiator champion he killed in the arena.)


Twigs wrote:
I am ShagGrenade on Flikr. Pleased to see the Inner Sea Worldguide on that list. Have statted an elf and a gnome and can't make a decision, will keep at it!

I want to build my knowledge base about Golarion so best to include all those official core books aye and add to the richness of content.


Calain wrote:

Username: STR Ranger

Look forward to it.

I'll alter Calian's Backstory from Legacy of Fire and Change his Finding Haleen Trait.

Not sure if you looked. No dramas with him wielding a Nodachi for a Weapon? It's a Martial so he is proficient (will have a fluff reason as well- he took it from a visiting gladiator champion he killed in the arena.)

Yes Cal, i did read your back story and that's exactly as i would have suggested, eg. You were trained in your chosen weapons use as a gladiator.

I couldn't find STR Ranger on Flickr so not sure if you intended for me to take that as your Flickr user name or not.


Valius Coreton wrote:
Here is the character I think everything is in order save the campaign trait and changing a few names in the background to fit.

Enjoying the back stories immensely. Thanks for the effort. May it be returned 10 fold.


DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
Calain wrote:

Username: STR Ranger

Look forward to it.

I'll alter Calian's Backstory from Legacy of Fire and Change his Finding Haleen Trait.

Not sure if you looked. No dramas with him wielding a Nodachi for a Weapon? It's a Martial so he is proficient (will have a fluff reason as well- he took it from a visiting gladiator champion he killed in the arena.)

Yes Cal, i did read your back story and that's exactly as i would have suggested, eg. You were trained in your chosen weapons use as a gladiator.

I couldn't find STR Ranger on Flickr so not sure if you intended for me to take that as your Flickr user name or not.

I only registered just now.

Username is: STR Ranger

so not sure if I did something wrong. I log on and it says 'signed in as STR Ranger.

Also very sorry. I'd like to offer Marcus Whiteshae for the game instead of Calain Hearstriker (as he's playing in Legacy of fire and I don't wanna confuse the games.)

Basically he's gonna be as per my Ranger TWF Handbook (not sure if you have seen it in the advice threads) gonna be a Scimitar/Kukri TWF'er with Wolf animal companion.

I can still bring Calain here if you prefer, but I'd rather not have the same Char in 2 games.


Here is Marcus


Here is Tippy Fullbottle, originally made for an Age of Worms game set in Falcon Hollow, but he relocates to Riddleport easily enough. He's in trouble with some criminal elements (they get all upset when you shiv one of them), so he needs a place to hideout and some money to get out of town quickly - both good reasons to sell his soul to a gambling tournament. He wasn't quite built to your specifications, but those are easily changed along with the backstory names.

Edit: backstory changed, but need to redo stats from the 30-point buy he started with. Will do those ASAP, but Hallowe'en tonight.


Sorry STR but i search for STR Ranger on Flickr and it says no matches. No idea what you may have done on account options for me to not find you. Try search for me Waife_the_BiPolar.

I don't mind at all having a character switch, we havent kicked off yet so still time to change up.

Can you send me a link to the Ranger TWF Handbook please? I dont mind as long as it is sanctioned by Paizo/Pathfinder.

Qadira

Hey, just popping in to wish you luck Mr DM. I won't read along with this one, since you're planning on running it with me and the boys in real life sometime. Hoping you guys all enjoy this, your GM is pretty good at what he does.

Cheers


So far we have;
Marcus Whiteshae Human Ranger Melee Build
Valius Coreton Human Fighter Ranged Build
Tippy Fullbottle Halfling Rogue Melee Scout Build

Ascaria Witch Build (yet to be profiled by WhiteDirewolf as yet.)

We are awaiting a character choice from Twigs a.k.a ShagGrenade

And once we are at that stage i will repost for a heal role if none exists but will not delay too long the commencement of the adventure.

Yay, love it when things fall into place.


Wrath wrote:

Hey, just popping in to wish you luck Mr DM. I won't read along with this one, since you're planning on running it with me and the boys in real life sometime. Hoping you guys all enjoy this, your GM is pretty good at what he does.

Cheers

Cheers Wrath. As i mentioned last night, from what i have read of this AP its quite exciting and i hope i can deliver to the same standard.


White Direwolf wrote:

Hey there!

I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring although I'm not from Australia. :-) I'm new to the Messageboards here at Paizo but I've played my share of PF live and on other boards.

Never used MapTools either. Does it support PBP?

If you're willing to have me, I'll play Ascaria the witch.

Hows your toon coming along WDwolfy?


Reminder all, Flickr accounts to access mapping. I am Waife_the_BiPolar. Not sure if that helps you.


DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
Reminder all, Flickr accounts to access mapping. I am Waife_the_BiPolar. Not sure if that helps you.

Put my vent server details on the Flickr group discussion too if anyone cares to get verbal.


If it's not to late to express interest, I'd like to put forth a half-elf cleric of Calistra. He'd be a capable healer, but I'd like to build him as a whip-using controller type (likely taking a 1-level fighter dip at second level). He would do almost no damage, but would provide good support and control.

I am in a very different time zone (Pacific Standard Time, United States), so that might prove an obstacle, but I am a regular poster if you're willing to work around that.


Hamied wrote:

If it's not to late to express interest, I'd like to put forth a half-elf cleric of Calistra. He'd be a capable healer, but I'd like to build him as a whip-using controller type (likely taking a 1-level fighter dip at second level). He would do almost no damage, but would provide good support and control.

I am in a very different time zone (Pacific Standard Time, United States), so that might prove an obstacle, but I am a regular poster if you're willing to work around that.

I am happy to accept you if you are able to post regularly. I haven't run any pbp so i am not sure what adversity arises from having different time zones in the mix.

Your inclusion would round out numbers to 6 which i can balance for and when the other two submit there characters i will close off the recruitment.


DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
White Direwolf wrote:

Hey there!

I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring although I'm not from Australia. :-) I'm new to the Messageboards here at Paizo but I've played my share of PF live and on other boards.

Never used MapTools either. Does it support PBP?

If you're willing to have me, I'll play Ascaria the witch.

Hows your toon coming along WDwolfy?

Here's what I've strung together so far. There's no stat block in my profile yet as I'm doing this for the first time here. Not much to reuse ;)

I think Ascaria can fill the healer role quite nicely and add some magic to our offensive, too. Have a look at her backstory and see if you like it.


I currently run two play-by-post games on these boards, and my players are from a wide range of time zones. I've become accustomed to different people posting at different times, but as long as it's regular, things move along. I simply thought I would broach the subject it since you mentioned Australia in your thread title.

I will try to get a background and some crunch worked up in the next day or two. I've been eager to give Second Darkness a go!


Ascaria de Vintre wrote:
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
White Direwolf wrote:

Hey there!

I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring although I'm not from Australia. :-) I'm new to the Messageboards here at Paizo but I've played my share of PF live and on other boards.

Never used MapTools either. Does it support PBP?

If you're willing to have me, I'll play Ascaria the witch.

Hows your toon coming along WDwolfy?

Here's what I've strung together so far. There's no stat block in my profile yet as I'm doing this for the first time here. Not much to reuse ;)

I think Ascaria can fill the healer role quite nicely and add some magic to our offensive, too. Have a look at her backstory and see if you like it.

Your back story is charming in its simplicity and i love the final line... they call me witch.


My elf bard is on his way, sorry about the wait. I'm curious if I'd be able to be an ex-Shin'Rakorath from the faction guide? I'm pretty sure they play a part in this campaign. I've managed to spoil that particular nugget for myself, at least. Let me know if that's out of bounds or not.


I think a bard, witch and cleric complement each other pretty well as spell-casters. Though there might be some overlap, they are all very versatile.

I should state the the character I am envisioning will be able to hang in melee from first level on, but he will often prefer to use his whip for tripping (much later, grappling) and his melee touch abilities (from the Luck and Chaos domains).


Twigs wrote:
My elf bard is on his way, sorry about the wait. I'm curious if I'd be able to be an ex-Shin'Rakorath from the faction guide? I'm pretty sure they play a part in this campaign. I've managed to spoil that particular nugget for myself, at least. Let me know if that's out of bounds or not.

Twigs:
Being a highly secretive society, i see a problem being an ex member. This leads to reasons why Elves would be excluded from the faction after having being accepted. I would have to say that age would be one reason to retire from active faction membership. Forcible denouncement from the faction due to behavioral and contrary methodology. I dont believe simply leaving the faction would be common as suspicion may grow about the true reason behind the change. I will suggest that perhaps a senior close family member gave you indications he may have been in the faction and that you wish to perhaps join. Opportunity will arise in time to do so with me aware that you have an interest in this method of development.

@Waife

I searched under all Flickr members and couldn't find you. Email me: spotter_au@hotmail.com and we'll get it sorted.

Also the Ranger Guide to TWF is here:

Ranger Guide to TWF

It's just a discussion handbook I made on Google Docs on how to effectively TWF. Alot of People on the Advice boards have a mad hate on for TWF and I disagree.

Mostly it will just let you know the rough build and tactics I plan on using with this guy.


My Flickr username is gmnazard

Stat crunch has now been updated to reflect 20 point buy, and inclusion of a campaign trait. Will redo equipment soon.

Question: is there anything PF content anywhere that would work for the classic dagger-blade-in-the-boot-tip gimmick?


DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
Twigs wrote:
My elf bard is on his way, sorry about the wait. I'm curious if I'd be able to be an ex-Shin'Rakorath from the faction guide? I'm pretty sure they play a part in this campaign. I've managed to spoil that particular nugget for myself, at least. Let me know if that's out of bounds or not.
** spoiler omitted **

Works for me. My bard is built, but I need to work out gear (and likely make a few changes, possibly the name) Backstory and description are coming, but I envision him as a caustic misanthrope, channeling his past failures into bitterness, and his considerable talents into occuping a barstool and singing for cheap wine.

I've always thought elves made some of the best glorious bastards, so I've been waiting for a chance like this to try my hand at it.


Tippy Fullbottle wrote:

My Flickr username is gmnazard

Stat crunch has now been updated to reflect 20 point buy, and inclusion of a campaign trait. Will redo equipment soon.

Question: is there anything PF content anywhere that would work for the classic dagger-blade-in-the-boot-tip gimmick?

Answer: Blade boot in adventurer's armory .. swift action activate, use as off-hand weapon 1d3(s) 1d4(m) 20/ x2 crit ... treat all terrain as difficult while extended (and difficult becomes impassable)...full round to retract blade.

Qadira

If you're still having issues with Flickr, you can always try using photobucket. It's free. Once you upload the images (which takes about a minute), you click on the tab that says dirct link. This gives you a cut and past url line that you can use with the url function of this website and direct link to your posts. Everyone can see them then. Since you're using map tools DM Waife, you can use that programme to follow the action and update in posts, then printscreen and upload as needed.

url works like

(url=http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad279/wrath8/staglordslow-11.jpg) map link (/url)

Except you replace the curve bracks ( ) with square brackets [ ]

When you do this, you get a link such as

map link

That might help things a little.

Cheers

1 to 50 of 119 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Second Darkness PF pbp Expressions of interest. Australia EST All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.