Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


351 to 400 of 2,500 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human DM/32

@All those outside

The male and female couple continue their getaway now side by side. Tippy watches intently and Marcus arrives at the top of the stair to see Ethaniel, dusting himself off. Tippy still with throwing knife at the ready, then lowers it as the failed robbers disappear around the corner into the night. The saga appears to be over for now. The adrenalin starts to wear off and you all return inside. Your mind now turning to getting some information from the last member of the bandits team.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel watches the two casters disappear into the night, then looks around with alarm. Perhaps I should take a lesson from them and flee.

Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Are the gendarmes about?


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Nope, no gendarmes about but you definitely notice that is very quiet out here now. All the commotion must have scared off those who had been skulking in the shadows of alleys across from the hall when the night first began. You see there is the completely inebriated halfling, lying on the edge of the fountain, one hand in a puddle of his own vomit.

@All

XP:
434XP each


Male Human DM/32

@All

A minute passes and Saul and Hans make it out on the floor. Then Hans continues on, heading out the back to go and get Bojask from his rest. A couple of disagreements have started stirring over chips and the status of the games that had been interrupted. Saul, looking flustered tells one of the waitresses to go and find Larur to handle the trivial disagreements before they escalate. He asks two of you to bring the thief into the back office so they can speak with him in private.

In all, there is about 10mins before the gendarme arrive, lead by Beyar the bouncer. Let me know what you would like to do or where you want to be during this 10min period.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Gaedren:
There is a chance that you were seen by Gaedren during the encounter as everyone in the private booths spilled out to see what was going on. If he has infact seen you, he hasn't approached you up to the time that the remaining thief is whisked away into one of the back rooms for questioning.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Since I'm apparently an enforcer tonight, I'd normally drag the thief in, having said that I'm bleeding all over the place and prudence would see me at least bandaging myself up. Maybe even seeing if that magic lady has any healing she can offer since she was willing to help on the fight.


Male Human DM/32

@All

Ya, i would suggest that be your preference too. Having taken most of the pain for the evening. So that will put you and Ascaria out of the immediate tasks. Valius will probably hang with you too i'm assuming. You can either be in the bar area, where a guard also needs healing and is currently unconscious and bleeding, head up to the sitting room upstairs or if Ascaria makes suggestion, her quarters in the suites area.

Bojask soon enters from the kitchen doors, being called upon by Saul, interrupting his rest. Bojask and Hans go with Saul into the floor managers office and begin getting what information they can off the thief.

You are free to heal up and return to duty or gaming if you like. Be sure your character has all the chips he was playing with.

@Tippy

Please make a 'Sense Motive' or 'Perception' roll if you are going to return to the floor after all the commotion you caused.


Male

Iscarel ducks his head out as the chaos ends, finding one of the unfortunate thieves and slipping his chips into the man's breast pocket."Poor sap." he mutters under his breath. He cringes at the wounded Marcus, but turns his eyes to Ethaniel. "Care to help me with the bodies?" he says, hooking the man under the arms.

"Quickly now," he spits. "I haven't got all day."


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel stands and dusts himself off. He runs his hand across his breastplate. Dented. Of course.

"Thanks for standing by me, friend." he says to Tippy, still unsure of the halfling's motives.

Ethaniel wanders back into the Golden Goblin just in time to see the wounded Marcus escorting the thief into Saul's office. Fought like a demon, that one, and bears the cuts to prove it. I'll to him, and offer aid. That much I can manage.

Ethaniel walks up behind Marcus and stands in the doorway of Saul's office. "You took your share of sword blows, friend. Perhaps you could use a mend?" He dangles Calistria's holy symbol. "Courtesy of the Lady."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Well now, it would be foolish to refuse YOUR goddesses gifts. I hear she has a temper.I accept and thanks, I'll drop something in her cup next time I pass her temple.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

To clarify, you went to one of the dead thieves and put your chips in his breast pocket? To what end? I need to know as you may need to make rolls.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel presses his hand to Marcus's shoulder and casts cure light wounds, using up his prepared spell, obscuring mist.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

That feels a $#!+load better. Thanks a lot pal.I'll buy you a round later.

Current HP:12


Male
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Iscarel

To clarify, you went to one of the dead thieves and put your chips in his breast pocket? To what end? I need to know as you may need to make rolls.

I'd hoped to plant em on one of the bodies for now. Smuggling them off the premesis is no good, but I'll likely just judge one of the other PCs to loot them. It seems the smoothest, most logical way to wrap this up.

Spoiler:
I'd just like to move on, to be frank. I made the sleight of hand roll a whole month ago, and... well that's it. I've been dealing with the reparcutions since, and I doubt it's been helping the flow of the game. It was a poor, out-of-character and if I recall drunken decision, and the sooner we can sweep it under the mat and forget about it the better. I still haven't so much as spoken to the other characters, and I'm more here for the interaction than the combat... Sorry if I'm coming off a little whingy, but it is how it is.

As for skill rolls, I'll assume Bluff is the most likely. Or Sleight of hand. I'll roll both now and flesh things out at your cue.

Bluff 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Sorry Marcus. Ethaniel beat me. :-)

Following Saul's order, Ascaria helps Marcus to escort the thief into the back office. She quickly takes a look at his wounds but finds that he is not fatally injured. Turning to Marcus to tend to him, she notices that the elf who also took part in the fighting seems to have taken that task off of her. He seems to be some kind of cleric.

Oh, glad that I'm not the only one responsible to stich everyone back together, she laughs. I guess I'll look after the other guys then. I'll see you two around. she says and leaves the office with a wink at Marcus.

Ascaria proceeds to the bar area to look after the injured bouncers or the other PCs. If one of them needs healing, she will cast her remaining cure light wounds.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"Kind of you, but...I...don't drink." Ethaniel stammers. "Anyway, was the least I could do after failing to stop the ringleaders. They both made off into the darkened streets."

Ethaniel nods awkwardly as he steals a glance at Saul. He turns to see if he can spot the man he knocked unconscious moments ago.

Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Is he awake? What do I say if he sees me? Where is the halfling?


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Tippy stays with Ethaniel, keeping his head low, and trying to stay hidden. If he can (and doesn't get outed beforehand), he'll try to talk to Saul alone, explaining with chagrin that the wasted guy he targeted got lucky and saw the lift. If the man complains, perhaps Saul could tell the man that Tippy wasn't really trying to steal from the man, but was instead hired to test the Goblin's spotters by pretending to lift purses, and that Tippy would have quickly returned the purse had he actually lifted it.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 to convince Saul to help him out.

Qadira

Valius watches Marcus's back and for Gaedren to reappear, he hopes nothing else will happen to distract him from finding the man once more, but he won't leave his friend to brigands again.

He is quiet and a little anxious, putting away his crossbow but not returning to the gambling tables.

Turning to Marcus after he has been healed he asks. "Your all right then?"

He looks like he wants to say more but holds his tongue not wanting to seem unconcerned. His eyes still dart to the private rooms in the southwest corner where he saw Gaedren before.

Sorry for the lack of post. Work and me being unsure how to handle Valius at this moment in time. Think I have it figured out.


Male Human DM/32

@All

Beyar, returns with for gendarmes in tow. They seem very distracted and quite unconcerned about what has happened here but it is their duty to investigate and take the survivor into custody. The four men follow Beyar about the hall to the various locations where the fighting occurred in a walk through of events. Beyar was happy when entering the bar area to see the young girl giving aid to the unconscious bouncer who was now lucid and full of colour. The bodies had been covered over as its protocol to leave them in place until a gendarme has witnessed the scene. The senior gendarme officer lifts the sheets to view the dead and speaks briefly with the bouncers who were involved here. Iscarel and Ascaria are beckoned over, having given aid and witnessed the initial attack which kicked it all off. Statements were mentally noted by the officer and they moved on then continuing the 'tour' of events. Marcus, Valius and Ethaniel were each approached briefly having played mostly visible roles in the successful defense when the other bouncers had been unable.

Saul had the final discussion with officer before the lieutenant mounted the stage and declared the tournament closed and all were to finish theirs hands and leave the establishment. At this, the crowd became a simmering pond of agitation and anger. Not only had they been subjected to the danger earlier but now their chance to win that damn large chest of silver had been stolen too. Some in the crowd could no longer hold their tongue and began spitting profanities. Then the focus shifted to Saul who was declared a cheat and a swindler which forced the owner to act hastily.

Saul mounted the stage, spoke shortly to the lieutenant and then spoke to the room, "Clearly through circumstances beyond my control good customers, has this event been cut short but fear not. The good lieutenant here has afforded us a small window of time to cash out your current chips and 110% value this evening. Should you not get the opportunity this very evening to cash in your chips due to the time constraint, retain your chips, have the amount certified by your dealer and return when we reopen to receive the same generous payment. Be orderly about it though as we have had enough 'excitement' for the evening. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you here again at the Gold Goblin."

The cashier quickly filled with those who had already secured their chips to ensure they got their bonus payout. Others whispered among themselves and black looks were shooting everywhere. The gendarmes waited at the bar with Saul whilst the Bouncers kept a hawk like watch over the concluding event. After fifteen minutes, basically the time for the lieutenant to have an ice cold ale and a small bite to eat, he re-entered the main hall and declared "No more payments this evening, get your validations and leave content with your promise." At the gendarmes orders, it took a mere 10min for the place to empty. Saul however asked some individuals to stay behind and await him in the bar area, once he was done with the gendarmes and the building was secured he would meet with you. As you await, the waitresses bring some hot food platters out and you each assume that this is thanks for aiding in the defense of his establishment.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
Valius Coreton wrote:

Valius watches Marcus's back and for Gaedren to reappear, he hopes nothing else will happen to distract him from finding the man once more, but he won't leave his friend to brigands again.

He is quiet and a little anxious, putting away his crossbow but not returning to the gambling tables.

Turning to Marcus after he has been healed he asks. "Your all right then?"

He looks like he wants to say more but holds his tongue not wanting to seem unconcerned. His eyes still dart to the private rooms in the southwest corner where he saw Gaedren before.

Sorry for the lack of post. Work and me being unsure how to handle Valius at this moment in time. Think I have it figured out.

Better than you my friend. Took all the glory AND got a wink from that girl with the spells. Think she likes me?

Anyhow, so long as Saul pays, I'd say this wasn't a bad evening.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel says as little as possible to the gendarmes, but he will do his best to answer their questions. After they have gone, he will sit, fidgeting nervously.

What have I gotten myself mixed up in? Will Saul give me work? Maybe. Will the gendarmes come back and haul me off? Maybe. I should quit this place, make for the wilds. Embrace the life of a traveler once more. Idiot. Wouldn't last a week. It's been years since I wandered the roads and plains, and never did I do it alone. I'm no rover. I'm hopeless.

Food? Hot food?!

Ethaniel reaches an eager hand to the platters of food. His manners leave something to be desired.


Male

Iscarel treats the gendarme with utter distaste throughout the interrogation. As the man walks away he turns on Ascaria, face softening. "I remember your grandmother..." he says, with a wistfull smirk. "She was... a fiery woman."

As the chaos dies down Iscarel will locate the bodies and have his chips certified.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria answers the gendarme's questions quietly. She still does not know what to think of it. She had never taken part in a real fight before. Of course, she had seen people die. The "normal" way and the ... other. It is not uncommon in Riddleport - or in any other town for that matter - that a drunk sailor can end with a knife in the back in some dark alley. But this had been something different. And she had been in the middle of it. And she had managed quiet well... In hindisght, it seemed to her as if she had acted without even conciously thinking about it...

Too much action anyway for her taste... At the first possibility, that is when her questioning is over and the wounded are cared for, Ascaria slips back to her room. She sits on the bed and strokes Blackbeard's feathers. The feel of the familiar against her skin calms her down a bit and after a couple of minutes, she feels ready to return to the bar area. This time, the raven sits on her shoulder.

I wonder what's gonna happen now... Probably saul wants to thank us somehow... she thinks to herself. She quietly sits on a chair and watches the others, still stroking the bird. She does not touch the food, however. She does not feel like eating after these events...


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Is Tippy invited to this little luncheon? If not, he'll be doing his best to slip in anyway.:)

While they're hanging around waiting for the gendarmes to be finished with them, Tippy taps Ethaniel on the leg.
"You look lost, friend. Actually, you look like you're planning on crapping yourself. I don't think anybody is going to blame you for letting those two casters escape. I was right there, too, and took a couple good shots at them. Just bounced off their magic shields, and I'll be right here to tell anybody just that."

"By the way, thanks for getting that drunk off me earlier, before all the craziness broke out, and thanks for not ratting me out. I knew you were a stand-up guy."

Qadira

I am guessing too that the party has been invited to lunch.

Valius looks nervous as he walks back to the back room with Marcus. He lightens up when he sees that his friends is untroubled by this after hours meeting.

He wanted to go looking for Gaedren as the gamblers were filing out of the building, but he has waited this long to find the man and another day or so will not matter.

His crossbow on the floor by his chair and his pack on the other side he helps himself to a bite so as not to ask nervous questions.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"No need to thank me, but neither reach for my purse." A rare smile plays at Ethaniel's lips, but it is gone nearly as soon as it appears.


Male

Iscarel's eyes gleam with malice. He doesn't take kindly to being ignored. Least of all by adventurers. He picks gingerly at the food platters, turning over a holy symbol in his palm. "... I think payment in the... Calistrian fashion may be in order." he says, quietly, smiling like a knife.

Snubbed twice now! </3


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

How loudly did Iscarel say that? Ethaniel would have taken some interest at mention of "Calistrian payment."


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Confused, Ascaria looks at the Elf next to her. "I'm sorry... What did you say? I was so lost in thought..." She frowns, trying to remember Iscarel's words. "You knew my grandmother? Well, yes... she had quite a temper... if that's what you meant." She smiles. "I'm Ascaria, by the way. Nice to meet you."


Male
Ethaniel Meveri wrote:
How loudly did Iscarel say that? Ethaniel would have taken some interest at mention of "Calistrian payment."

As loudly as you want, friend. You two probably would have spotted each other at the temple, if I'm not mistaken... Also I'm afraid Waife will have to GM me from this point, but the faster we can become friends IC the better.

He cocks an eyebrow, smiling to himself. "Think nothing of it." he says, the iciness dissapearing from his voice. He bows, and with a flourish, plants a kiss on the bag of Ascaria's hand. "I am Iscarel, of Crying Leaf. Charmed."

"Have you lived in this city all of your life? It seems such a waste..." He looks almost earnest, now. He stares searchingly with beetle-black eyes. "Cesspool though it may be, I find it offers a certain... haven from the responsibilities of my homeland.

Qadira

Valius watches the charming elf from his seat. He turns his attention to the others that have been asked to gather for the after party.

Maybe a description of everyone is in order?

Anyone taking notice of Valius will see a typical human youth of about nineteen. He has shaggy sandy brown hair, light blue eyes, and sharp features. Long limbs on his wiry build make him seem to tall for his age, though he is only six feet tall. His gear is in a pack, a mw crossbow at his side and he wears leathers and a travelers outfit.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel turns and studies Iscarel. He makes no attempt to conceal his interest.

Ethaniel is well-built for a half-elf, though he looks unnaturally weary for his thirty years. He dresses in worn, simple clothing in a Varisian fashion. A tattered scarf hangs about his neck. His eyes flit about nervously, though currently, they seem fixated on Iscarel.

Two scabbards hang from his left hip, one holding a dagger and the other a rapier. At his right hangs a leather whip. A dented breastplate protects his torso.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The gendarmes eventually leave and staff mill about doing their usual closing duties. Saul, followed by Bojask, Hans, Beyar and Larur. Saul's face is locked in a frown as though something had just happened he didn't quite enjoy.

Saul "Even the very gendarmes, protectors of order in our city are crooked and fleece me of my wealth. How does one make head-way these days?"

Saul makes introductions informally, "Some of you may have met already but that can't be helped. This is Bojask, my body-guard and head security among other things. Hans and Beyar are two of my most trusted hands, they have been loyal to me for a long time now and lastly, Larur is my floor manager as you may have noticed, having alot on his plate this evening."

He moves to the bar and grabs a couple cuts of the still warm meat from the platters and a drink is poured for him without request.

"I must say that you have all done me a great service this evening, one for which I am entirely grateful for. Some of you were here tonight on a trial basis and i can tell you now that I would like to retain you, even at the expense of some of my other staff. The rest of you however, I would tell that my books could well accommodate your employ also if you would wish it so. I know a good combination of talents when I see them and with your assistance, we could steer this ship into waters of great prosperity."

He looks back to his retainers and dismisses them with a small gesture and the request if quickly heeded. Once the others are out of ear shot, he continues.

"If you are open to such opportunity and wish to accept my offer you will be well catered too. I can tell that some of you require lodgings in town as well as the obvious need for a wage and I can assure you now that what I am offering, you will be very hard pressed to match else where. For now however, I will give you a few minutes to think it over. Once you have made your decision, either to come on board or to count yourself out then let Alvery (bartender) here know and he will either let you out the front door or escort you up stairs where we can discuss business, amongst other things to a greater extent. Again, thank you to you for your help this evening regardless of your decision and may prosperity find you regardless."

Just as he is about out of ear shot, he about faces and returns momentarily.

"That is of course if you haven't already made your decision to stay, in which case, you may come with me now."

He gives a cheeky grin and sets off again, turning toward the kitchen.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy / Ascaria/ Ethaniel

Gambler:
Tippy, you are included in the invitation. You assisted Beyar in moving the unconscious man you attempted to rob, to an unoccupied private suite, before the gendarmes arrived. Ascaria and Ethaniel were asked to help the man return to a lucid state. Beyar gave the man a payment for silence in protection of you. The man accepted the payment and with a look exuding malice toward you, he was escorted from the premises. After which you are all move to the bar for the above meeting with Saul.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel returns the gambler's look, unabashed. Spared his life, I did. All the same, he may come for me one day, or one night. Always watch the shadows. Always.

The half-elf says nothing in response to Saul's speech.

I'm staying put. That means I accept, if I understand right. He turns and surveys the Golden Goblin. Work. Much needed work. This is what I wanted. Isn't it?

Qadira

"You came looking for a job, right Marcus?" Val asks after Saul leaves. "My moneys not going to last forever especially after tonight. Think we can trust him to have a job on the up and up?"


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus exhales slowly at the offer and listens intently to his young friend.
His eyes almost dissappear under his scowl.

Anyone looking at Marcus will note a man with a rock solid jaw and high forehead, with a never disappearing scowl that makes his eyes look much smaller. He is not an ugly man, just always looks angry. He is about 5,11 and very heavily muscled for his height but moves agiley, despite his brick like torso. He wears a Scimitar on his left hip, crossdraw style and has a studded and spiked Cestus on his left hand. His Shortbow is hooked in a loop on his belt, along with 2 sharpened Chakrams.

Of course we cant trust him. A gangster like will want our blades and knife us if we fail. But nothing legal is gonna pay the kind of coin I need to hunt a demon. I'll take the job happily as long as he points me at scum. The second I don't like they way it's going, I walk and you'd be wise to do the same.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy is genuinely surprised at Saul's generosity. He's about to blurt out something about how Saul shouldn't be so forgiving, but shuts it quickly with a click.

He listens to the speech, and having already decided, jumps up at Saul's last comment and starts walking after him, pausing to see if Ethaniel is coming, too.

Tippy Fullbottle manages an unimpressive three feet in height, even with stretching. His weathered face, hand, and curly brown hair usually have a few dirty smudges, like he hasn’t bathed in a week (which he usually hasn’t) and has just been crawling through some dusty shack (which he usually has). Daggers rest in sheathes on his belt and calves, with another on a leather strap across his chest. Bulges at the sleeves of his shabby coat betray the presence of two more.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Saul's arrival interrupts Ascaria's answer to Iscarel. She whispers "Later... before turning her attention to Saul. After the owner has finished his talk, she remains seated and ponders her options, quietly stroking Blackbeard's feathers.

Oh, Blacky, what have we gotten ourselves into? Do you think we should follow that little man? What will that 'work' entail? Will it mean we will leave Riddleport, abandoning all the people that we should care for? I am a bit afraid, but I also feel excited... I don't know, I don't know...

Ascaria is a petite human girl with sandy blonde hair. Her face may be called pretty but there is a constant expression of sadness in her eyes. Ascaria tries to hide her insecurity by displaying a certain amount of cockiness. At other times however, she makes an introverted appearance, lost in thought and stroking her animal companion Blackbeard. The raven mostly sits in her lap or on her shoulder.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel catches Tippy's glance. Why so eager to follow? he wonders. We'll be herded up there soon enough.

He reaches for another drumstick and chews from it. His mind drifts to Henri's desperate stare. Ethaniel feels warm inside, and then afraid. The gendarmes are preoccupied, but they saw me all the same. Maybe they're discussing me right this minute. The sooner I am Saul's man, the better.

The half-elf stands suddenly. "I'll with Saul as well." he announces, awkwardly, before following after.

Qadira

Valius looks uneasy but he trusts Marcus so he gathers his stuff ready to follow his friend.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

When the others leave one after the other, Ascaria sighs deeply and stands up. "Alright Blacky, let's hear what this is all about." she whispers to her bird and gives Alvery a sign. "I'll also be with them."


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel glances up to take one last look at Old Scratch before going upstairs.

Wait, the beast is gone! Where is he?

Perception check (to look for Old Scratch) - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Male Human DM/32

@All

GG Map First Floor
GG Map Second Floor

You go into the kitchen (12), enter the Staff Lounge (14) and head up the flight of stairs to the second floor. Follow another corridor and come into a Waiting Room (24) where the smell of a freshly lit fire hangs in the air and the warmth has begun to fill the room and Saul sits in one of the lounges as a staff member mills about the room.

Kitchen:
12. This massive chamber houses the true heart of the gambling hall—its kitchen. Staffed by a dozen cooks, it remains open from 11 am to 11 pm, serving all manner of dishes and snacks. Side pantries hold dry goods and serve as cold storage for sides of meat and fresh vegetables. While open, the kitchen serves meals and standard fare.

Staff Lounge:
14. This simple chamber holds a few battered chairs and cushions for tired employees to use when on the short breaks that Vancaskerkin allows them. A stair rises to the second floor. A spittoon in one corner is about half full of foul smelling remnants.

Waiting Room:
24. Two plush-but-worn suede couches sit before a roaring fire and low end table here. Guests who have business with Saul Vancaskerkin wait here, and he and his chief employees sometimes take their ease here as well. A bell pull in the southwest corner summons a server from area 15 to take complimentary drink orders.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus sighs as the group gets up and follows Saul almost immediately. Valius is a little unsure and looks like he won't move until Marcus does. This lot aren't even gonna make Saul wait. Idiots. Why not just give him your damn leash straight up, then? They've given him the upper hand without even making him work for it. They WANNA be led. Even Valius, except he's waiting for me cause the boy seems to look up to me for some damn reason...

Whispering to Valius as they join the rear of the group. Remember kid, ruthless and independent. We're not his lapdogs...SAMSON, COME.

The dog obediently abandons a shank he'd been chewing and follows, nuzzling Valius for a pat.

Qadira

Patting the dog before it joins the side of his master Val smiles.

"Just glad you didn't bark at me like that." He puts on a meaner face saying, "Ruthless, right."
__________________________

Entering the upper areas he does notice the slightly better accommodations Saul gives his employees.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel surveys the upstairs room, but does not sit. Be wary. Be wary. Watch. Watch.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Ethaniel:
You don't spot the little devil anywhere downstairs.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Where could it have gone? Was it released? Did it escape? Oh, how it stared at me...


Male Human DM/32

@All

Saul receives you all accepting the job offer with a hearty laugh and he appears to be in a much better mood for it.

"Well, that's what I was hoping for. So I guess I should show you around before we take a proper meal. Yes, lets get that out of the way now and then we can all settle in and relax for a time."

He leads you into the

Dining Room:
27. A fine table marred by a few nicks and scratches stands surrounded by eight chairs and surmounted by a trio of gold candlesticks. The walls of the chamber are covered in thick purple tapestries depicting goldthreaded nymphs frolicking in a silver-threaded forest. The tapestries completely cover the door to area 30 to prevent light from shining through into that chamber. Vancaskerkin and his management team take their meals here.

"This is where we all dine in the evening, sometimes at ungodly hours due to our operating hours and unique circumstances."

Next he allows each of you, a couple at a time, out onto the

Security Catwalks:
30. These narrow, swaying, railed catwalks hang suspended by chains hooked to the ceiling 10 feet above. Immediately below them is a layer of gauzy curtains serving as the false ceiling of area 2 below. Security personnel typically patrol these walks watching for cheaters.

"Not many know of these catwalks and they have definitely been worth the investment. It can also be quite an amusing post occasionally, so I can't but help walk them on the odd occasion."

Lastly he takes you to a

Private Apartment:
29. Used alternatively by managers, important guests, and business partners, this comfortably furnished chamber is currently unoccupied. Three bunk beds are shoved against the walls next to a pair of wide wardrobes. A small table with three chairs is pushed into one corner, and two overstuffed chairs sit on a wolfskin rug before the hearth. The entrance to a small privy is covered by a thin curtain.

"Now this room is available for your use until such a time I require it for another purpose. As you can see, it will accommodate four of you comfortably. Anyone not happy to share can each take a guest room down near the game floor. You can work that out amongst yourselves but i will have to deduct the 5s from your wage to occupy those rooms. But the only money i guess you want to hear about now is what the wage is? Well, lets go take a seat in the waiting room and we can talk business."

351 to 400 of 2,500 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.