Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


301 to 350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus: Blessed, 8HP left, 1 CON Damage
Seeing Valius freed of the web and apparently ok, Marcus calls to Samson to assist.
Samson, Get HERE you mongrol!
Samson moves to V16 and attempts to bite the Stirge attacking the guard in W16.
Blessed Bite/add another +2 if the guard counts as a flank1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bite Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Marcus having recieved a gash from the thief,Argh! You Bastard!, has all thoughts of pursuit of the caster disappear. This freak was going down NOW!

2handed, Blessed,FE Attack1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 28

Damage1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Critical Threat1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 11

Damage1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

IF the hit is enough to drop the thief, Marcus will move to pursue the Thief trying to get away from Valius, move action to Q19


Male Human DM/32

@Valius, Marcus, Ethaniel

Each of you should be at 2 CON damage, as you get auto drained when you leave them on. They were in place for 2 rounds before being removed in the 3rd.


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Samson, drops the other Stirge he was chewing fed to him by Valius. (1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage taken so far). However, the thing was not dead, merely playing so and it attempts to rise again and reattach to Valius.

The guard does not offer flanking against a tiny creature and vice versa so Samsons attack is shy by one as its touch AC when attached is AC12.

Your attack however, leaves the thief with a spurting gash that sees him pass to an unconscious state on the floor. You dart to intercept the fleeing thief who's face wrinkles in frustration and fear.

Iscarel's Initiative


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

In that case, Tippy attempts to Stealth to X18 and sneak attack the thief. If Valius' AoO takes that guy down, Tippy will instead Stealth to there and throw a dagger at the woman, also hopefully for sneak damage.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 1 = 30
Dagger attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 +3 more if he's throwing

Never mind. Tippy slips unnoticed to the doorway but gets his swing caught on te door frame.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

Valius does not have an AoO against the caster at Y19. Ethaniel is currently down there but his whip doesn't threaten. At least we have you sorted now.

Iscarel's initiative.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Valius, Marcus, Ethaniel

Each of you should be at 2 CON damage, as you get auto drained when you leave them on. They were in place for 2 rounds before being removed in the 3rd.

That's what I've got too. I'm currently at 9 HP from the Constitution damage.

I assume that both casters have cover from me through the doorways? Ethaniel would prefer not to go outside if he can help it.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Yes Eth, they both have total cover from you at the moment. One, there is a section of wall between the two doors and two, their is the statue of the goblin outside at the top of the stairwell. You will need move to spend 5ft of movement to open your door and then move outside to get any opportunity to get a line of sight on either of them. Seeing as the male caster moves before you though he may get too far ahead.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Noted and Sheet updated. Marcus is starting to hurt a bit.
Marcus: Blessed, 7HP left, 2 CON Damage


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Ah. That's Ethaniel, not Valius. Understood.

Recovering from his wild swing with his dagger, Tippy breaths to Ethaniel, "We can't let these two get away."


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel nods and flicks his wrist, readying his whip for attack.

Ethaniel would come back and heal Marcus, but he doesn't yet know him to be anymore than one of Saul's enforcers, so he's more focused on tripping up the casters. I'm not ignoring you as a player, and Ethaniel will move back to help once combat is resolved.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

No worries. I tend to not heal allies till after combat when I play a cleric anyway


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

I guess at 1st level you could not do much against CON damage anyway...


Male Human DM/32

Let's move onto Valius' Initiative

Qadira

Not at a good spot so moving to T-16

Valius sees Marcus in trouble and hurriedly loads his crossbow and then runs to help his friend.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

The caster make their way for the exit, however Ascaria is unsure if they are gonna run for it or if they just seek cover there. Seeing that the ranger-type guy seems to be a pretty capable fighter, Ascaria decides that he will probably be the best bet to get hold of the thieves. She uses the fortune hex on Marcus.

Fortune Hex:
The witch can grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made.


Male Human DM/32

@ascaria

Is it one round per lvl? That would make sense. I will need to look into this later.

Tippy's initiative


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy is before the two bad guys outside okay.

Tippy slashes at the man in front of him with his dagger.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Tippy buries his blade into the man's thigh. The small blade leaves a mighty sting.


Male Human DM/32
Tippy Fullbottle wrote:

Tippy is before the two bad guys outside okay.

Tippy slashes at the man in front of him with his dagger.
Attack: 1d20+2
Damage: 1d3+2

Tippy buries his blade into the man's thigh. The small blade leaves a mighty sting.

I will check when I get home tippy but I am sure his AC is 21. Remember, he is a caster with his magical protections up.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

Yep, AC21

Very high:
I know but I am positive it's intentional on the writers part. Sorry if it's frustrating but it has no affect on XP for this encounter if he dies or not.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The male caster knows he is out matched and outwitted and is now in a fearful state of withdrawal. He pushes past his one-eyed accomplice and dashes down the stairs hoping to put as much room between himself and this blasted blunder-full place as possible.

Trying not to fall down stairs 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Fail He trips half way down and lands in a heap at the base of the stairs. Blue circle = prone

Ethaniel's Initiative

GG Map Update


Male Human DM/32

@All

Non Lethal fall damage on caster

1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Idiot! The gendarmes will see you if you go out! Stay in! Let them sort this mess out!

Ethaniel rushes after the spellcaster. "Halt!" he calls. "Villain."

He makes a double move to AD22 if possible. Do I need to toss out a check to not fall down the stairs?


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Yes, an Acrobatics check is required to move down the stairs at double speed. DC15


Male Human DM/32

@All

Miss One-Eye, moves cautiously down the stairs. (1/2 Speed = No Check) She casts a spell on the pursuer, who is now standing over her prone companion.

Save Please:
This is an enchantment spell, Will Save DC14


Male Human DM/32

@All - New Round No.7

The only remain thief inside the establishment able to escape puts every ounce of energy into avoiding anymore fighting and makes maneuvers to get by obstacles. In this case, a rather large threatening leather clad figure opposing his egress from the room.

Acrobatics vs Marcus' CMD17 and forced to move at 1/2 speed.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Not with blistering pace, but impressive dexterity, he moves past the Ranger avoiding any AoO and continues his double move. He stops in U18 unnerved by Samson.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The bouncer, Beyar (W14) attempts to wring the life further out of the creature in his hands with a teeth grinding groan he squeezes with all his might.

Bouncer W14 Maintain Grapple Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Able to maintain and does damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and a split second after, it vanishes from his hands.

The other bouncer (W16), attempts to remove the blood sucking wretch from his body, looking pale at the loss of blood, he struggles to the best of his ability.

Bouncer W16 Removal Grapple Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
And successfully removes it from his own body this time.

The bouncer woken by Ascaria, leans down to check the other bouncer, nearest the stage. He shakes him, to waken the snoring giant. He rouses, wakes and stands up, coming back to his wits quickly and surveys the room in wide eyed wonder.

One says to the other, "The robbery failed and now we need to watch this bunch so that they don't be getting any ideas." They share a nod and focus returns to the room.

Beyar see's Han's arrive on the floor having come from the rooms out back and yells, "Han's, go get Saul, now!" Saul, turns about face and starts pushing through the crowd again heading back toward the counting booths.

The cage at the ceiling rattles and the little devil inside cackles in its high pitch tone. Excited by the event and now that things inside were settling down, the little devil thought he would continue the fun. Suddenly he disappears, the cage door opens and some in the room could hear the sound of the invisible creature landing on the silver coins in the chest on the stage. If they didn't notice that, then they surely didn't miss the coins being thrown around playfully. People were sort of stunned. Some yelled, some laughed but all was quelled when the nearest bouncer swung wildly at the chest. The last that was heard was the flapping of tiny wings about the room.

Marcus' Initiative


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus: HP left-7, 2 Con damage, affected by: Bless, Fortune Hex
Feeling worse for wear but seeing the cowardly thief fleeing towards his dog, Marcus closes to flank him with Samson. Move to T19 He calls out Samson! Kill!

He and Samson then Pair their attacks to kill the thief.

Marcus:Blessed, FE, Flanking Attack1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 17

Marcus:Two Handed FE Damage1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9

Samson Blessed Bite Flanking Attack1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 = 17
Samson Bite1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Fortune Reroll
Marcus:Blessed, FE, Flanking Attack1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 16


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Standard AC is 16 on these guys. So both are hits leaving him at 4HP.

Iscarel's Initiative, then Valius


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Acrobatics check - 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9

Will save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Argh. Next time I see somebody fall down the stairs, I will ask about the mechanics before I blindly move down them myself. Also, I forgot to add a +2 into the Will save (racial), but Ethaniel would have failed anyway.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

You stumble part way down the stairs and roll the rest of the way down. Lying in a heap in the dust you are overcome with laughter and can't help yourself as you start bellowing loudly for seemingly no reason. To a casual observere, they may assume you found your stumble all to hilarious.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Let's just proceed with initiatives as Iscarel hasn't been online for 7days now. And i'm keen to wrap this part up.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

My bad, i forgot to roll your fall Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Qadira

Don't see a target.

Valius moves up to Marcus his weapon at the ready. "You all right?" he asks seeing the blood all over the man's clothes.

Actions: Move to T-18, ready action = attack anyone who starts attacking Val or Marcus (or Samson)


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Actually, there is a thief in U18 that Marcus and Samson just hurt real bad. What would you like to do?

Qadira

I'm sorry the last map I see on flickr has no one in U-18. If there is a thief there and he makes a move Val will "pop" him. :)


Male Human DM/32

@All

I only post map updates each new round.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Having only taken a 5ft step, are you not able or wishing to make an attack now?

Ascaria's Initiative


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Glad that the fighting comes to an end, Ascaria tries to help with the last remaining thief. She steps onto the platform to get a better position and tries to hit him with her sling.

-4 penalty for shooting into a melee.
Ranged attack against the thief: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9
Damage (if applicable): 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 1 = 27

Tippy nimbly vaults down the stairs, ending up in AB22, ready to stick this guy if he dares stand up. He's also ready to protect his laughing friend.

Attack of Opportunity if provoked: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 plus bonuses for attacking a prone target
Damage (not likely) 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human DM/32

The caster before Tippy stands up and you don't manage to land an attack as he does so. His magical defenses still intact aiding him even as he tries to flee. He then attempts continues his move away from you, trying to get out of sight of this place (moves to Z28).

@Ethaniel

Will Save DC14, to try and end the effect of laughter upon you please.

@All

Miss One-eye continues cautiously down the stairs and then sprints to catch up with her companion.

The remaining thief inside, currently surrounded and having nearly been shredded by Marcus and Samson, comes to his sense and surrenders."Okay, alright, you got me. Look, dropping my weapons now. Get the gendarmes, go on. Just keep that freaking dog away from me."

The bouncer named Beyar yells out to everyone, "Alright folks. It seems that little bit of excitement is over with. Now we have some business to attend too. We still have enough hands on deck to handle any more trouble so I'm going to make sure the gendarmes are on their way. Get back to your tables if you so wish and continue on but don't disturb any of this scene. Bouncers and security, you make sure it stays as is. Back soon." And he heads out the front doors and the other bouncers take up vantage points on the stage.

Marcus' Initiative

GG Map Update


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Will save - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Ethaniel looks around, dizzily. What did she do to me?


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Samson, down.The dog sits on it's hind but continues to growl at the thief.

Surrender ain't in my dogs mind right now. You lay on Your damn belly with your hands pointing at the door. You move a muscle and my dog gets your throat.

As the thief I assumecomplies, Marcus grabs Samsons collar and moves the dog to sit ON the thiefs hands.
Samson, STAY.
He then looks at the thiefs eyes.
Guess what he'll do if you move your hands.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The thief complies of course. Doing exactly as asked and audibly cringing when Samson takes up place on his hands.

Iscarel's / Valius' Initiative

Qadira

Not seeing any threats Valius lowers his crossbow and scans the crowds. He doesn't see Gaedren but keeps an eye out.

"What should we do now?" he asks Marcus as the people start going back to their gambling. "Leave?"

Action: delay till he knows what's going on. Not sure if he can hear what's going on outside or not.


Male Human DM/32

@All

Last initiative round for those inside. Most people have gone back to gambling, heeding the direction Beyar gave before leaving. I dare say that mostly everyone will be quite well behaved, seeing the brute force the security managed to lay down. Waitresses are running around like crazy, trying to get their mind back into the job at hand and the cooks pull their heads back into the kitchen too. Business as normal unless Saul has other ideas about the situation.

Ascaria's Initiative


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria sighs and steps down from the platform. Now that the fight is over and the excitement and adrenaline slowly come back to normal, she notices how weak her knees feel. Nevertheless, she manages to tuck the sling back into her belt and moves over to the group that stands around the surrendering thief.

Wow, that was ... I don't know what it was. Any of you guys hurt? She manages to produce an awkward smile. I mean, I could help ...maybe... The name's Ascaria by the way...


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"You fell on your ass and apparently thought that really funny," Tippy replies. He watches the spell casters warily, but stands guard over his friend. He does ready an action to throw his dagger if either caster starts to cast a spell.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Oooooo, big numbers here! C'mon casties, just give him a reason! O.o


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Valius, keep a bolt pointed at this ones back for me. I need to check the front to see if those casters are gone. I'll not follow, YET, my job here is to protect the chest, but if I see that one eyed dog later...

He stops before he swears again. Looking to Ascaria You... helped me before there, didn't you. Thanks. Don't suppose you got any healing you wanna spare?

Regardless, he moves quicklyfor the door and opens it, Scimitar leading.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"A spell." Ethaniel mumbles. "Curse on her. Curse on them both."

301 to 350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.