Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


251 to 300 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male

I believe I still had an action last round, but no matter. Such is the price of not posting regularly.

"You wish to test yourself, human?"

Iscarel's blade whirls into his hand, tip dancing by his aggressors throat. "Let's dance!" Attacking thug in H23

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

I resolved your last two actions. There is a bouncer in H23's location, currently Sleeping. So you will put your attack on the thief at H21.

Valius' Initiative followed by Ascaria

Qadira

Valius steps back (N-15) and notices the fighting going on on the raised stage. He scans quickly and sees Marcus has no attackers.

"Then I guess I should help those on the stage," he thinks turning back and lifting his crossbow to his shoulder.

Attack thief @ T-14 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26; damage if needed 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Confirming crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18; damaged if needed 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Note: -4 for firing into melee not figured in.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Ethaniel

No, it gains the Grappled condition but because it's tiny, it doesn't impose the Grapple condition on to you. It does require a Grapple or Escape Artist Check to remove it though.

** spoiler omitted **

Gotcha. Thanks.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Still need your fort save for the previous round when the Stirges landed on you.

The crit didn't confirm on your attack also, just a standard hit.


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria's Initiative


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Seeing that the human near her seems to shoot at the tehives with his crossbow, Ascaria decides to support him a bit.

Standard Action: Use the fortune hex on Valius.

Fortune Hex:
The witch can grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made.

Ascaria is growing frustrated that the web spell confines her to the bar area and keeps her from doing anything useful. She decides to take a chance and tries to get to (N,11), pressing her back to the wall and trying to stay clear of the thick, sticky strands.

Move Action: Move to (N,11).
Escape Artist Check to stay clear of the web: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Qadira

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative

Your last round blinded


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Feeling the blades of the enemy whistle so closely, Tippy decides that fumbling around blind is suicidal. Since the number of people complaining about being blind is less, he reasons the condition is temporary. Tippy finds the closest table by groping about and hides himself underneath it, ready to move in Stealth if and when his vision returns.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


M Human Commoner/1, Expert/1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Iscarel

I resolved your last two actions. There is a bouncer in H23's location, currently Sleeping. So you will put your attack on the thief at H21.

Valius' Initiative followed by Ascaria

Heh. Alright, cheers. I should be on the ball now.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

My apologies, you weren't required to make a Fort Save, it was your AoO as the creature entered your square. Could you make that attack instead please.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The male caster upon the stage unfurls a scroll and attempts to use it upon the chest.


Caster Level to activate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
DC6 (5+1)

Concentration 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 + 3 = 15
DC21 (10 + 8 + 3 )

Male Caster wrote:
No....! Kill him!!

He turns and points at the one who's bolt forced the interruption to his casting, throwing the scroll in his direction in rage.


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus, Valius, Ethaniel

You each take a 2nd point of CON damage from the attached creatures.

Ethaniel's Initiative


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

As much as I want to go for the caster, knocking him prone isn't going to help Valius hit him.

Ethaniel takes a 5-foot step back into V13 and makes a trip attack against the thief in U15.

Trip Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

I don't believe this incurs an AoO from the stirge because it just drains Constitution once a round, but I might be wrong.

Qadira

GM wrote:
My apologies, you weren't required to make a Fort Save, it was your AoO as the creature entered your square. Could you make that attack instead please

NP - This is one chaotic battle glad I'm not running it. No AoO from Valius though as he was unarmed at the time. Play on. :)


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

No AoO from the Stirge. Your Trip maneuver succeeds, the thief is now prone, with that splitting ass pain you get when you land wrong. If he survives, he may have hemorrhoids after this.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The one-eyed female steps toward her companion on stage and casts a touch spell upon him.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4=


Male Human DM/32

@All

The thief that had been tripped, stands up and attacks Marcus. (AoO Marcus) The other thief 5ft steps into Ethaniel then both attack with their weapons for lethal damage.

Thief V14 vs Ethaniel

MH1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
OH1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Thief U15 vs Marcus

MH1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
OH1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Only one hit on Marcus i believe.


Male Human DM/32

@All

New Round (No.5)

GG Map Update

@Iscarel
The thief has another attack at you with both weapons.

MH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human DM/32

@All

The two bouncers share a couple words then move toward Ethaniel and Marcus (W14 & W16). They then grab hold of the Stirges and attempt to remove them.

CMB vs CMD9 on Ethaniel
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

CMB vs CMD9 on Marcus
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Both were removed successfully.

Marcus' Initiative


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

HP:12/13, 2Con Damage, Under Bless.
AOO on thief in U15

Seeing the prone thief getting up, Marcus takes advantage of the man's moment of weakness.
Attack vs prone (thief suffers -4AC)+Favored enemy+Bless1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 27
damage two handed+FE1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Critical Threat1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 19
damage two handed+FE1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Crit Confirmed. Total Damage:22HP to Thief in U15 I'll assume since this is level 1 that 22damage is enough to kill the thief. The AOO iterrupts before he attacks so no damage from the thief's attack.

Marcus Lays a mighty blow on the thief Eat THIS!

On dropping the Thief in U15, Marcus steps into that square to attack the Man on stage in T14, hoping to take out the caster.
You're next!

Attack +Favored enemy+Bless1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 17
damage two handed+FE1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Yep, he's down. But you miss the caster on the stage AC21

Iscarel's Initiative


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel nods in brief acknowledgement of the bouncer who pulled the winged creature from him.


Male

Iscarel weaves his blade through the air, deflecting two strikes and steps into the breach, bringing his sword up through his aggressors heart.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

To be clear, the foes with the circles are asleep, yes?


Male

Iscarel weaves his blade through the air, deflecting two strikes and lunges into the breach with long forgoten skill.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

To be clear, the foes with the circles are asleep, yes?


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Correct, the red circle is currently for those Sleeping.

Valius' Initiative


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Posts:
Did you forget to delete one of those?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Iscarel

Correct, the red circle is currently for those Sleeping.

Valius' Initiative

Ah, I did not realize that. I was wondering why the male caster on stage was not threatened by the bouncer. He's asleep, that's why!


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

I also did not know that. Allright, crossed = dead, circle = asleep. What's with the red dot on the bartenders?

@Waife: Maybe you could put a legend up on Flickr so that we can look up the meaning of those annotations from time to time?


Male Human DM/32

@All

Sorry for the confusion. In future i will post a description when i place a graphic condition to items in the map. I wont create a legend as that is too long winded. Just specific situational encounter based states.

Qadira

Sorry missed that Valius INIT post somehow

Having a strige on him the the young man valiantly tries to wrestle the thing off him and feed it to Samson.

to Escape grapple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@All

Sorry for the confusion. In future i will post a description when i place a graphic condition to items in the map. I wont create a legend as that is too long winded. Just specific situational encounter based states.

No problem. I just had missed that detail.

Really appreciating the map work. It adds a lot to the game.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

You remove the uninvited parasite and Samson gladly crunches down on the the leathery boney creature.

Ascaria then Tippy's Initiative


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Valius

You remove the uninvited parasite and Samson gladly crunches down on the the leathery boney creature.

Ascaria then Tippy's Initiative

Damn, I missed that, Samson is in guard mode so he should have AOO'd the stirge when Valius was attacked.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Having hidden himself under a table, Tippy will start rubbing at his eyes, delaying until his vision clears.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria notices that a bouncer lies at the edge of the stage. Although he lies directly beside the female caster, the woman seems to be occupied with helping her companion. Ascaria decides that she has to try and help him if he is still alive. She runs over to (R,15) and shakes the man's shoulder.

She whispers "Hey, mister, are you hurt?"


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

It's the caster, then me, right?


Male Human DM/32

@All

Seeing the opportunity arise, you all see the Web disappear and the caster on the stage, makes a full move withdrawal and makes it part way out the front doors.

Ethaniel's Initiative


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

What square does the caster end in, specifically?


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

He is currently in Y19.

@Tippy

No other action this round then?

GG Map Update


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Stop him. No! Let the gendarmes pursue him! Whoever he is, he'll remember you. He'll spit your name up when they nab him. After him!

Ethaniel withdraws to Y18, doing his best to stay in step with the fleeing spellcaster. If he's unable to occupy that square, he'd probably be as close to out the lower door as he could manage.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Waiting my turn. That male CASTER is Mine!!


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

My action was meant to wake the bouncer. Maybe I should have stated that explicitly... Anyway, did I succeed?


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Making a Withdraw action, you make it to Y17 and take no AoOs.

@Ascaria

Yes, its part of your move action and it will awaken him but he will do so on his initiative. I did understand your intention.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The female, seeing her partner make a bolt for the door follows smartly behind. As she nears the doors, a half elf almost blocks her escape but shes in time to make space enough to get through and part way down the stairs.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The last remaining thief near the stage takes a step toward the door but is still focused on impeding those who have foiled the attempted heist. He swings angrily at the one who had only moments before cut down his companion.

Thief vs Marcus
MH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human DM/32

New Round Commences (6)
GG Map Update

The thief engaged in combat with his opponent in the Bar area breaks away too, making a defensive move toward the doors. He rounds the corner and seeing the large fighter and scary dog ready for action, does his best to avoid them. He is unable however to avoid the threatened space nearest the fighter.

@Valius

You may have an AoO against him if you so desire and are able to do so.

@All

The guard the witch was trying to stir, does wake and shakes off the tiredness and takes a moment to assess the situation at hand and then moves off toward the door. The other two however are still trying to figure out what to do with the flying creatures they only just ripped off the others. As the creatures try to wriggle free of their grapplers so that they may once again, sate their thirst.

Bouncer W14 Maintain Grapple Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Maintains and does damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bouncer W16 Maintain Grapple Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Escaped the Grapple and attempts to attack the Bouncer
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
And succeeds in doing so.

Marcus' Initiative


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

No other actions until he can see again.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

That's what i was getting at. You were blinded for 4 rounds which means you were free to act normal last round (you last initiative action).

251 to 300 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.