Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,500 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Human DM/32

GM:
Stealth 1d20 + 20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 20 + 11 = 50


Male Human DM/32

I am under the assumption that Tam and Tippy have been included in this event and that Marcus and Ascaria have been left out for reasons of simplicity? Is this correct?


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus made clear he's not comfortable with this so he would rather not be included. But he sees no option but to let it happen. Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria also wanted no part in this. She also was not present at the temple and when the others told her about the task from Shorafa, she and Tippy had a nice little fallout ;-)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

I don't believe Tam has been included in ANY of these secrets and scheming. Nor has he, been keen on prying into such matters - its rude. He's the new guy and not entirely trusted. He would not be interested in doing 'wet-work' merely on the desire of the church of Calistra... unless he knew more about the target and why he was a target... information that even Iscarel has been unable to uncover and HE is a worshiper!

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Ah..we are warming up to you at least.


Male Human DM/32

Okay, it's just the three then. This has drawn out long enough so will try to resolve it quickly.

The four of you enter the lower levels. You quietly make your way to Bojask's chamber, past the closed wooden door to the wine cellar. Unfortunately, the porticullas to Bojask's room is down. Of course it would be. It is a solid structure obscuring view and the small eye slit is currently shut too. If it weren't for his snoring you would have no idea he was even within.

Tippy, Iscarel, Ethaniel Perception please.

Sidara Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Tippy also takes 20 to check the portcullis for traps. Perception 25


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
There is a time constraint here so unfortunately you cannot take 20 on that check.

GM:
Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Human DM/32

Sidara checking for traps also or a hidden trigger to open the portcullis. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Okay, then Perception for traps or opening mechanism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
You see there is one piece of stonework with no cement around it's grooves as those someone had purposefully removed the fixing compound. It's at about your chest height so thigh height to humans.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

He points out the curious stonework to the assassin.

"There."


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Ethaniel perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel whispers "I swear the concealed door at the end of the corridor just opened."


Male Human DM/32

Sidara heeds both comments and believes the later to be more pressing for the time being. She says, "Master rogue, see to getting that door open."

Initiatives please.

Sidara Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Other Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Iscarel 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Ethaniel 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Did that Perception check he made to find the stone count for finding traps as well? If not: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

If it did, then Tippy will push the stone.


Male Human DM/32

There are no traps as far as you can tell.


Male Human DM/32

Initiative Order

14 Other
13 Iscarel
8 Tippy
6 Sidara
6 Ethaniel

Round 1 commences

The sound of tiny fluttering wings can be heard moving toward you along the corridor then the sound fades as it disappears around the corner leading down to the pit.

Iscarel's Initiative

Iscarel speaks in hushed tones. "Sidara, I dare say that Saul's pet imp is about to do something unexpected. We really should dispose of that nuisance."

Iscarel loads his crossbow.

Tippy's Initiative.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's View Rnd1


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy heads down the corridor after the creature, pulling out his pouch of flour.

Perception to find the right square: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human DM/32

Tippy, you double move all the way to the entrance to the cage pen and have not seen the imp. The zombie immediately starts moaning loudly and reaching out of its cage toward you. This disturbs pigsaw who starts grunting and eyeing the zombie in the adjacent cage.


Male Human DM/32

Sidara watches as the rogue disappears around the corner heading further into the basement following the tiny flap of wings.

"You two had best go with him. I shall take care of this."

She crouches down at the loose brickwork that Tippy had indicated and inspects it closely.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Ethaniel does as Sidara suggests and moves to follow his smaller companion.

GM:
Muck Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human DM/32

Tippy perception please.


Male Human DM/32

Round 2 Commences

The latch mechanism on Pigsaw's cage is undone and the door is creaked open slightly. Pigsaw lets out a squeal of delight and bursts forth. Pigsaw attacks Tippy who is standing directly in his path.

New Initiative order

Old Scratch
Pigsaw
Iscarel
Tippy
Sidara
Ethaniel
Other

Tippy AoO as Pigsaw moves to engage you.

The squealing is a keening sound and very loud. Your only relief is that the boar is not currently wearing it's usual pit fighting leather armor. It would be at least easier to hit than in when prepared for the pit.

Pigsaw Gore vs Tippy AC19 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 5) + 10 = 17

Eeeegads. Sidara did tell you to stay and deal with getting the door open.


Male Human DM/32

Bojask perception sleeping 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25 vs DC25

Iscarel, "Oh gods, that rogue sure knows how to stir the pot. I fear that Imp has released the pit champion and unleashed it's caged up fury too."

He moves to the corridor leading down to where the animal pen and disappears down the stair well. There he see's Tippy being gored by the formidable beast.

"What possesses this beast? Sidara!"

He re-emerges from the corridor having seen enough and looking very pale in the lamp light. His black eyes as oppressive as the sight he had just beheld.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's initiative

Stabilise check please.


Male Human DM/32

Sidara speaks sternly to Iscarel.

"Watch this door with your life."

With her butterfly swords equipped, she moves to engage what ever this threat to her task was. Pushes pushes past Ethaniel and her weapons are readied to strike.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel heeds her words to Iscarel and falls back but only far enough that he can still watch Sidara.


Male Human DM/32

Round 3 Commences

Sidara hears the shrill cackling of the evil little imp as it's injection of mischief swings into full effect.

Pigsaw throws the small halfling and seeing Sidara, moves to attack her next.

Pigsaw Gore vs Sidara AC18 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 = 14


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel awaits near Bojask's door as instructed.

Even at Sidara's roar in pain he thinks, We cannot fail, this is Calistria's will.

Tippy's Initiative

Sidara's Initiative

Sidara takes a chance to heal both herself and Tippy. She steps back from vicious beast and channel's positive energy. 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) = 8

Tippy gains 8hp from this channel and will be able to act next round.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Okay, I'm here, and caught up. On his turn, can Ethaniel move close enough to channel and still keep eyes on the door?

Ethaniel gapes at the boar's savage attack. Lady, be with us!


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

AoO against pig: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Tippy's now at 5hp. Can Tippy stand up safely, or is the pig too close?


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel, due to there being a 15ft descending staircase down to where Sidara and Tippy are which effectively gives them total cover from anyone up the stairs, I would have to say no as your burst would not effect them. Disregard my action for Ethaniel and do what you like.

By the time your next action comes up you should be able to stand.

Tippy Perception please.

GM:
Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Round 4 commences

Pigsaw moves after Sidara again attempting to gore her.

Gore vs AC18 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 5) + 10 = 17


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel kneels down and looks to the loose stone that Tippy had discovered. Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 He decides to stand back and push it with the tip of his weapon. The stone pushes back loosely into the wall. He deduces that it could be removed entirely to allow a gap to be revealed.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's View Rnd4


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy stands up, flicks a dagger from his spring-loaded wrist sheathe, and steps up to stab the pig.

Attack, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (8) = 12


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
You both see and hear something as you lie prone before being able to stand up. You are sure you see some small creature dash by the open gate of the pit. It looked like a wolverine. Your attention is caught shortly after that by the sound of tiny wings flying by over you and heading toward the pit entrance too.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy growls as he stands. "The scoundrel flew into the pit. First we gut the pig, then we gut the imp."


Male Human DM/32

Sidara and Ethaniel are happy to see Tippy rise from the near death experience and join the fight like nothing had just happened. He stabs at the bore but misses. Sidara having just deflected the boars last gore attempt makes good the new position of advantage gained by Tippy's position.

Butterfly sword attack MH 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Butterfly sword attack OH 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Her offhand attack pierces the muscled hide of the beast and it squeals in pain only renewing it's fury.

Ethaniel's Initiative


Male Human DM/32

Marcus, Apollo begins growling and you wake to see him standing at the door to your room growling and then looking back at you.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus gives Ascaria a gentle shake.
Ascaria, wake up, something is wrong. I need you to help me put my armor on.
He dresses with Ascaria's Aid (2minutes with her help)and sets his dog to GUARD himself, so he has a flank partner.
Handle Animal1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, once again the dog just looks at him stupidly,TRY AGAIN1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 and
TRY AGAIN1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 and
thankfully the dog appears to understand.
Then he leaves the room and heads in whatever direction the dog seems to indicate, listening for anysign.
Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel is going to close with Tippy and Sidara as quickly as he can, orders be damned. His plan is to channel, but he'd like to be able to include both his allies in his 30 ft. radius and not the boar. Is this possible? How close can he get this round?


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria wakes from Marcus' shaking her. Still drowsy, she helps him into his armor, fiddling straps into buckles with clumsy movements. She makes a mental note that Blacky is still perched upon the chair, oblivious to all the ruckus in the room. When Marcus finally manages to get Apollo to do his will - the dog seems to be at least as tired as Ascaria herself - she bites her lip. Should she let Marcus set out on his own? No, she decides, grabs her sling from the table, and follows him out of the room, always a good ten meters behind.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human DM/32
Ethaniel Meveri wrote:
Ethaniel is going to close with Tippy and Sidara as quickly as he can, orders be damned. His plan is to channel, but he'd like to be able to include both his allies in his 30 ft. radius and not the boar. Is this possible? How close can he get this round?

Ethaniel, you are a mere 10ft from being right next to Sidara. A 15ft move up the stairs will leave you in the hall with a direct line of sight to Iscarel and Bojask's room. You are only able to exclude Pigsaw if you have selective channeling feat.

Ethaniels view Rnd4


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I don't have that feat, but I have another plan. Ethaniel will move up behind Sidara, drawing his whip as part of the move, and then cast True Strike on himself.

With a stumble and a murmured prayer, Ethaniel arrives behind Sidara, whip in hand.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam is in his room. Turning in after the divine healing his wounds healed and his spirit lifted by a charming private dinner with Samaritha he was feeling on the whole rather well.

He went to bed immediately afterward, and for once... in a long time he pondered taking a companion to bed with him. Something he had not considered in some time. Usually, his grief at the loss of his beloved Liara made him disdain taking any woman to his bed... his heart feeling a sharp pang of betrayal of his slain fiance'. But now... the thought was not so... distasteful. Especially with thoughts of the lovely Samaritha fresh in his mind. Was he learning to let go of his pain and loss?

But as he lay on his back gazing up at the wooden boards of the ceiling he honestly pondered... was it true affection and attraction he felt toward Samaritha... or just the fact that she reminded him so poignantly of his Liara? Samaritha was kind and beautiful and capable... all very similar to Liara... but she was not Liara. Did she not deserve a... fairer evaluation of her own merit rather than a comparison to the memory of a dead woman? Samaritha had no past knowledge of Tam's life or less worthy deeds unlike Liara who knew of Tam and his father Tiam's deeds and villainy and yet... Samaritha was kind and warm merely because that was who she was inside.

Thinking, {Samaritha deserves better devotion than just because she looks like someone I used to know... and love. If I am ready... maybe to move on and let someone else into my life again... I need to do so because of what I and they feel... not what I remember.}

He pondered these thoughts for some time before weariness settled upon him his last thoughts...

{Starting tomorrow learn to like Samaritha for who she is... and her own uniqueness... and feelings... as her own woman and person... not as a reminder of what was... and is no more. Samaritha deserves that... and so does Liara's memory...}

Tam slept a scant three hours - as elves rarely need much actual sleep. Getting up he pulled on his trousers and retrieved his swordbelt with his rapier and daggers {as he usually sleeps nude.. when in a lodging situation - its an elf-thing}. He climbed back into his bed's center laying out his weapons & belt neatly before him, crossing his legs beneath him sat shirtless as he went into that meditative reverie that elves did to replenish their spiritual natures, not quite asleep... but not fully awake either.

Memories flashed through his conscious mind as he relived both joyful and painful memories...


Male Human DM/32

Round 5 Commences

Pigsaw attacks Sidara again. Not able to comprehend the danger it is now in.

Gore vs AC18 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19

Another vicious attack forces Sidara to check her stance. She is hurt badly. She needed to change her tactic. This beast was horrifically powerful.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative

Iscarel is able to see into Bojask's room through the gap in the wall left by the removable stone. He notices movement within.

The brick removed was probably about 100mm x 250mm and it's depth only half the wall thickness at a 50mm.

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,500 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.