Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Human DM/32

GM:
Con check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human DM/32

Mace 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10 Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Mace 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18 Damage 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Ssword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ssword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel and Ethaniel post your actions if you wish using Marcus' map. I am afk atm so can't update your view. The only ones alive are the boss, the one called Rasper at dk48, the flanking group to the south and the one on Iscarel.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

At cowboys v Broncos so no posting for couple of hours


Male Human DM/32

"By the Overlords command, halt and surrender your arms."

A shout of authority booms forth from a nearby alley way. The gendarmes have finally arrived.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus ducks a blade and ceases his attack, but keeps it at the ready, wary of a trick.
Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human DM/32

Just as foes start falling one after the other, the gendarmes make it near to the scene. The fight continues of many fronts however.

Iscarel's Init View Rnd4

Ethaniel's Init View Rnd4


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

No no no no no no no! Gendarmes! No no no! A look in my eye and they'll see everything. They'll know all about Henri, and the cook in the box at the docks! No! They'll wrest me down and string me up, and all the scum of Riddeport will come to see hang there. 'Henri's whelp,' they'll say, and laugh. No! I can't...they can't...run, idiot, run!

Ethaniel's head whips back and forth, and visions of the gendarmes dance at the edge of his vision. They're swarming all around! Too late! He turns towards Marcus. You! You you you you! It was you who charged in again! It was you I trusted! You! Now we're all dead!

Ethaniel takes a step towards Marcus, gesturing furiously, but when he lays a trembling hand on the ranger's side, healing energy comes forth from it.

I didn't kill anybody...not one! Run, idiot! Run, and leave these fools! No! Too late...too late. Put the weapon aside. Put it aside...

Ethaniel spends a move action to coil his whip and place it on his belt. He then takes a 5-Foot Step to DM46 and expends Remove Fear to cast Cure Light Wounds on Marcus.

Cure Light Wounds - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

I know that Tippy and Tam need the heal just as much, if not more, but I think Marcus is our best chance at surviving the encounter at this point, as his favored enemy bonus is making a big difference.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel will step back to cast Cause Fear without fear of attack.

Will Save vs DC13 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The 'hand' who made the charge to make the ground up between himself and Iscarel almost immediately turns about and runs from a source of irrational fear emanating from the elf.

Tippy you may make an AOO if you like verse this fleeing 'hand'. That may break your vanish spell though but up to you.


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria moves quickly toward Iscarel and says to the others, "Quick, break off and make for home."


Male Human DM/32

Round 5 commences

Badeye, hearing the call of the Gendarmes afoot, makes a dash into obscurity. Rasper of course follows suit making a withdrawing action to also flee the scene. The lesser gang members all break, making fast lines away from the gendarmes.

All the gang members, except those down the alley fighting with the bomb throwing resident of the house with a now smashed in window, have started to break away from the fight. No one wants any trouble with the gendarmes.

The one 'hand' you can see with the pink triangle is under the fear effect of Iscarel's spell.

Marcus Init View Rnd5


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Seeing probably the best opportunity he was going to get Marcus looks to Ethaniel.Let's get Andrezi and get out of here.

Then he RUNS to his fallen comrade.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy and Tam make your actions off Marcus' map. Tippy, you occupy DJ46 but are invisible.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Invisible Tippy:
Since the fighting seems to be over, Tippy takes a moment to loot the body at his feet.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Anything of value he finds get tucked under his cloak and vanishes.

He ignores the runner.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam watches as the thugs flee at the call of the gendarmes.

Looking over to Marcus, "I'll go cover Iscarel and Ascaria's retreat if you and Ethaniel have Andrezi..."

Then in his mind he utters a silent bu grateful prayer of thanks, {My thinks lady of luck and starry skies of hidden fortunes! I knew you would not abandon me!!}

Tam takes off sprinting for Ascaria's flank ( DC 39 ) weapons at the ready to defend against any threatening thugs.


Male Human DM/32

The bomb throwing eccentric currently surrounded by gang members steps back, throws another bomb and yells at them.

Fire bomb attack vs AC14 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Fire Damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8

"Follow your bosses lead and fly you fleas. I will see you again real soon."


Male Human DM/32

Those gang members turn to see Badeye making a dash for it and turn tail too. Three of them had to pat down flames as they went, one of whom was going to need some healing and rest to recover.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
He was carrying a shortsword which lies on the ground. There is a dagger in a leather belt sheath and two potion vials on his belt. It's a full round action to retrieve all that.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel, four gendarmes come into view. It looked as though some were going to run on further but see you and all the dead bodies and pull up hard and start up the alley toward you.

Leading the four man squad is a fighter type with longsword drawn already. Behind him is a bow wielding leather clad male. Behind them is a much older man and appears to be someone of rank. You can't see the last of them properly yet.

The front man points his sword tip at you and speaks authoritatively.

"Hold there you lot. Get on the ground right now."

The nearest of the gendarmes is in DX36 followed closely by the others.

Iscarel, Ethaniel, Ascaria View Rnd5


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I know this is a terrible idea, but I've put a lot of thought into it, and any way I look at it, I can't imagine Ethaniel not running.

Ethaniel doesn't even look in the direction of the gendarme's command. He turns on his heel and runs as fast as he can.

Run to DB35.

Andoran

Male Human {Black American} Monk 1 / Paladin 2 / Bard 1

What's worse is... your leading them to the rest of the group. If you ran to Andrezi he could at least vouch for the fact you were trying to save him from being abducted...assuming he still lives that is. You have no blood on you or your weapons and also are not wounded... Tam and the others have OBVIOUSLY been fighting. Plus under a sense motive or even a discern lies spell you can truthfully claim you did not kill any of the dead left on the ground.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

The joys of Role playing ;)


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I hear all that, but Ethaniel has a deep-seeded, irrational fear of the gendarmes. He ran in to back up the group against the gang. If we were facing Marcus's demonic adversary, Ethaniel would have his friend's back. The gendarmes are a different story, though. In fifteen years of what basically was indentured servitude in Riddleport, Ethaniel learned little more than to hate his uncle and fear the gendarmes. A month or two ago, he revenged himself on his uncle, dumped the body, and has been a paranoid mess since. He hasn't shared this with any of his new companions, but even seeing the gendarmes sets Ethaniel very much on edge. Getting chased by them has raised the level of panic significantly, well past logic.

Of the four possible directions, he sees gendarmes in two of them, and the the gang that just tried to murder him and his friends in the third. I am a big believer in "play nice with others," and I've wrestled with the decision because out-of-character, I realize it's not a team-player move, but the action is at the core of who my character is, and I gotta go with it.

That doesn't mean he'll get away though. Medium armor = slow half-elf...


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

It's all good dude. Didn't make good team sense for me to try save an npc either.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

I'm back.

Ascaria is completely torn. With all the adrenaline from the fight she feels like she could rip the gang leaders head off. But the arrival of the gendarmes has given things a different spin.

Marcus will be fine. They may take him to the watch and lock him up but at least he won't be killed. Be a wise woman for once and get out of here. You're more use for him if you do not sit in a dark cell beside him. Maybe Saul can be of help, too.

Ascaria will make a run for it heading for the small alleyway to the northwest.


Male Human DM/32

Everyone on their courses, most fleeing the scene at the appearance of gendarmes. The gendarmes move in and instead of chasing after Ethaniel they slow and assess the scene. Having passed the two gruesomely slaughtered gang members, their senses return and they proceed carefully but purposefully.

Weapons are ready and as they round the corner to the rear of the building they see a large dog which turns and bares its savage maw. The dog protects another bloody and gore spattered man. This picture of battle, this man is trying to pickup another unconscious individual.

The lead gendarme approaches with weapon defensively poised having seen another two butchered bodies on his approach. His companions keenly watch every flank, ready to call on any movements.

The fighters gruff voice reaches Marcus.

"Stay your pet and your hands this second. Spill no more blood and yield to our will."

Another approaches from further down the alley way. It was the resident whom had lost a window to the desperate man now half kneeling before him. Apollo takes a step back as to keep both approaching men in the dogs vision. The stranger speaks up.

"Go easy boss. This man merely defended himself from a gang whom obviously picked the wrong pigeon today. I will vouch for this as the truth before any who ask."


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Under cloak of invisibility, Tippy makes his way into an alley where he can see Marcus, and hides himself among the alley refuse.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 1 = 27


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus grabs Apollo by the collar and pulls the dog to him. Patting and soothing the animal guardian.

He won't bite if you don't attack
Marcus lays his scimitar down with his other hand and keeps a firm grip on Apollo.

Please, do you have a healer? Andrezi is hurt, he needs aid.


Male Human DM/32

The senior most gendarme speaks.

"He attacks, he dies along with it's master. You have some explaining to do before we do anything. Anyway, he looks no worse than these others lying about here. This one here for instance, he's as pail as a ghost. Nothing to do with all the blood covering you aye."

The gendarme looks to the stranger who is so eager to jump into your defense.

You there, come talk with me.

The others stand about Marcus with weapons lowered but still in hand, watching about. The stranger walks over to the gray haired gendarme and they move around the corner.

After a minute they walk back around and the officer speaks with Marcus again.

"I know of this Badeye gang-man, well most of us do. He's a hard nut for sure. How did you manager to earn his ire? And is it entirely necessary to make such a bloody mess of these near lame beggars and pickpockets."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

We were down here looking for a friend. This 'Badeye's' thugs launched a daylight ambush on us. We were trying to get away, since these 'beggars' were shooting at us and had better numbers. They gave pursuit and were surrounding us. I smashed his window hoping to make a stand in an empty building but changed my mind. We ran again and Andrezi was caught. I do not leave friends behind.

Marcus keeps the dog on a short leash and commands Sit pushing the dog down if necessary. He glances around at the other bodies as if the nature of their deaths should be obvious. They tried to take his friend.

He looks to the bomb thrower.
Your distraction kept us alive until the Gendarmes showed. Thank-you


Male Human DM/32

"Alright, suppose you are and honest man and what you say is true. If so, then you wont mind telling me how many were in your group and who is this 'friend' you are missing. I will have to follow up on Badeye and his gang but I suggest you do this man a service and pay him back for his broken window."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

There were 7, including Andrezi here. We were looking for our friend Larur, a dwarf he was supposed to show for work yesterday and didn't.

Marcus then looks at the bomber once again. Your help says I owe for more than a window. Marcus sorts his coins and palms the man 5 platinums, no need for the watch to see the amount.

He then stands and awaits the officer's decision.
Bloodshed in the streets is never a good thing. But a fellow Guardian can understand standing by a friend.


Male Human DM/32

Tusik "Gaw boy, I ain't fleecing ya like that. I'm Tusik, a business man, not a bloody crook." He palms a single platinum and refuses the rest.

Officer "Well, even if you are on the level I need to know where to find you. I am going to find this Badeye and put it too him. For now, you are free to go if I have your word you're not skipping town. Where you staying?"


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

I'm a bouncer at the Golden Goblin. I have a room there. Ask for me at the door. Now, please Andrezi needs some healing if you have a wand or cleric. I can pay.


Male Human DM/32

"We only carry potions lad and we can't part with them lest our need be dire." He walks over to Andrezi and assesses him. "Looks as though he only needs a few nights rest. We'll send for a cart and you can get him back to the Goblin. I tell you lad, if you bounce like this don't go leaving messes for us to clean up. Oh, and stay away from Badeye. Don't go looking for a follow up bout as that's now my problem."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Thank-you. You have been more understanding than I'd hoped. You'll ask after Larur?


Male Human DM/32

"As a matter of urgency. After I oversee this clean up I will gather a few more men and go to this St. Casperian's and have a hard word or more. I will send word of what we learn. Again, don't make a bad name for yourself lad. We have our hands full in this city."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Thank-you.

Marcus dips, and carefully moves Andrezi off the street and next to a building while the gendarmes canvas the area and he awaits the cart.

When it arrives, he hops aboard with his friend and enjoys the irony of the situation.
I did most of the killing and get a slap on the wrist and a cart ride home. The others are walking. I hope Ascaria is OK.

He pats Apollo. The dog dig very well. He continued to worry though, they were no closer to finding Larur, but at least the patrol leader was competent and would look into...Goddess. I never mentioned St Casperian's!

He broods the rest of the way back. Arriving, he tips the driver a gold coin and carries Andrezi in. The monk was on duty.today.
Let's get him to a Cot. Are the others back?


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Once Marcus heads off in the cart, Tippy slips out the other end of the alley and back to the Goblin. He probably gets there a bit after the cart.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Every breath stinsg like a dagger in Ascaria's lungs as they are running through the crowded streets. Tears are welling up in her eyes, she could not say if from exhaustion or from the pictures that are forming in her mind.

Marcus, fighting bravely against an overwhelming force of watchmen. For every foe tat he cuts down to more appear around the next corner. A blade exploding through his chest...

She just keeps on running, the tears now running down her cheeks. When Tam finally slows down and signals that they have probably escaped their pursuers, Ascaria nearly collapses where she stands, her breath a ragged mix of panting and sobbing.

She does not have a clue where they are, everything around her is shrouded by curtain of tears. She does not resist as the others drag her along through the city, this cursed city. She only realized that they are back at the Golden goblin when she stumbles into her room, Blacky fluttering in behind her. With an empty feeling she slumps onto the bed and falls asleep immediately.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam gently lifts and urges Ascaria down the streets back to the Golden Goblin speaking softly and comforting to her, "...worry not milady. The goddess smiled upon us... she was not late, her blessing of fortune came just when we needed! Please do not cry... Marcus is a valiant and canny warrior... he will be fine. He knows when and when not to fight... mostly."

Tam smiles ironically for her drying her tears with a gentle touch.

"I have faith in him... you should too he will be fine and join us shortly."

Tam himself is little more than a walking wounded... and retires to his room to undress and bind his wounds with cloth. His clothing and armor stained with his blood and others. Shirtless, boots, pants and weaponbelt still on; he lies down upon his bed on his back {the only portion of his torso unwounded} and drifts into a troubled sleep...

A taunting voice comes unbidden as if from just below the skin of reality...

{... lucky stray, lucky. Can't last forever. Next time... I promise!}

{Keep dreaming... A@#hole!}

...before a fitful sleep takes him.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

As hard as he sprints, Ethaniel cannot keep pace with the other three, though they are still in his sight when they reach the Goblin. The Goblin...almost safe.

But it's not safe! Nowhere is safe! They've seen you! You fool! How could you let them see you!? Doubling over, Ethaniel wretches in the street, then stumbles up against a nearby building. They're still coming! Go!

When he at last reaches the door to the gambling hall, Ethaniel freezes. Surely the gendarmes knew me, and have sent their agents ahead. They've ransacked my room, it's sure. Have to think...I'll just...there...I'll just lie down over there.

Ethaniel's world spins as he takes labored steps to a nearby stack of crates topped with folded burlap. Under here...I'll stop and think, just for a moment. Thirty seconds after he pulls the cloth over himself, he is out cold.

Ethaniel is just outside the Golden Goblin, though partially concealed, and unconscious.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
You see Ethaniel as you return to the Goblin, your curious little self always checking alleys you are passing etc.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

From his vantage point in an alleyway, Tippy watches Ethaniel go to ground. Figuringhemust really be hurt to go into hiding so close to safety, Tippy waits until the coast is clear and dashes over. Seeing his friend unconscious, he drags him out from under the refuse. If Ethaniel and his gear weigh less than about 210 lbs, Tippy gets him up on his shoulders, otherwise he reburies him and goes to the Goblin for help.

I'm not sure what time of day it is at the moment: if the streets are empty, he simply drags Ethaniel as gently as possible to the Goblin.

In any event, Tippy makes sure that Ethaniel wakes up in his own bed,and not an alley full of garbage.


Male Human DM/32

Time when you return to the goblin is about 11am Tippy. I know it seems like ages but ingame its been no time at all since you left to find out about Larur and the loan shark Lymas Smeed.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

So option B, then. Tries to pick him up, can't, so reburies him and dashes to the Goblin for aid.


Male Human DM/32

As the Goblin doesn't open till noon, the place is still closed but Madie awaits near the door inside and answers your urgent knocks and calls quickly.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Who got back first? Me or the others?


Male Human DM/32

Tam, Iscarel and Ascaria, then Ethaniel then you and Andrezi, then Tippy bring up the rear.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Having dropped Andrezi off with the bouncers, Marcus looks for Ascaria. He was worried about her and she had some healing Magic that could help Andrezi.

He goes to her room.
Ascaria?

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.