Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,500 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy dashes across the road and ducks into the narrow alley, stopping in EK41, peering down both directions of the road.

He also glances both ways as he crosses the street, just like his mommy would have taught him, although this time he's looking for thieves, not carriages.

As the thought flits through his mind, he gives himself a small smirk, and then actively starts looking for any wagons or carts they could "borrow" to help get out of this mess.


Male Human DM/32

Initiative Order:
20 Gang
18 Ethaniel
17 Other
10 Andrezi
10 Tippy
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria
8 Marcus

Iscarel's Initiative (Current Position DO,54)

Andrezi just dashed past you to intercept the group trying to flank the party.

Iscarel's View Rnd10


Male Human DM/32

Followed by Tam's Initiative (Current position DK,60)

Your situation is truly the worst of all your companions as the immediate threat and damage taken may yet increase.

Tam's View Rnd10


Male Human DM/32

You need to roll a perception check Tippy.

GM:
Cart or Wagon in sight 1d100 ⇒ 21 81+ us a Success

No carts of wagons are insight from this point Tippy.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human DM/32

If Iscarel doesn't post by dinner I will NPC his action.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel double moves to EA52.

Tam's Initiative


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam was not looking at him when Andrezi spoke and looks around to see where he fled but not seeing him anymore dashes into a sprint hugging the corners of the surrounding buildings trying to get out of line of sight from the crossbow wielding thugs and yet stay with the party...

Sprint to ( DU 52 }


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria and Marcus. You can have your actions and look to Iscarels last map view. I am a work and so cannot update your map views right now.

Marcus:
There are numerous buildings you can enter forcefully. Windows in this part of town are generally closed on the ground floor or barred up if open. The only e exceptions being inns and taverns.


Male Human DM/32

GM:
guard % roll 1d100 ⇒ 8 91 - 100 guards visible in 1d6 ⇒ 1 rounds.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus, moves to the nearest window or door on the grey roofed building ee55 and attempts to force an entry. At least inside they would have a chance to fight on a smaller
front.
Everyone in here NOW!

Str Check1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Ascaria, Inside!


Male Human DM/32

Just awaiting Miss Ascaria's action before I move on.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus moves to the nearest window (DY55) and seeing it boarded up, cares not and smashes the crap out of it, sending splinters everywhere. The very thin glass pane in place behind the boards is smashed to shards in his efforts also.

GM:
Percentile roll for occupant 1d100 + 20 ⇒ (68) + 20 = 88
Success req determination roll 1d100 + 20 ⇒ (66) + 20 = 86 Muhahahaha

Unfortunately there is an occupant within who immediately makes sounds of surprise and becomes angry.

"What in devils name! Heads are going to roll!"


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

50 gold. Let us in!


Male Human DM/32

LOL

"What, ah why? What you want? 50g and I won't loose my senses at you."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

I'll wait my turn before answering


Male Human DM/32

Yeah, good oh. Where by young lassy?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

That's awesome.


Male Human DM/32
Ethaniel Meveri wrote:
That's awesome.

Please clarify.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

The interaction over the '50 gold.'


Male Human DM/32

Yeah, I was like FURK how do I handle that! 50gp it would be almost like, sure, break the other window too. Cup o tea perhaps, how bout a foot massage. Would you like to move in?


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Well, it's pay some gold to save the party from being surrounded. Marcus isn't evil and knows the man risks a lot by letting them in. They can (hopefully) fight off the thieves on even terms (since they can block the doors and anyone coming through the surrounded window would provoke AOO's from 3 sides)


Male Human DM/32

Wurt! You finks me wants to TPK this campaign? Yeah O little faife! Nah! Jokes. It's appears necessary don't it.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria flinches as Marcus smashes the window but is far too anxious to start a debate about that right now (and also she secretly admires the way he takes care of things).

She stays right behind the ranger while reaching out mentally to her familiar. "Stay away Blacky, find some high place, wait till I call you!"


Male Human DM/32

GM:
Resident Initiative Roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Round 11 Commences

Initiative Order:

20 Gang
18 Ethaniel
17 Other
10 Andrezi
10 Tippy
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria
8 Marcus
2 Resident


Male Human DM/32

It's hard to know exactly how Andrezi has fared against the sheer numbers of thugs who swarm upon him. None seem to be armed though with lethal weapons.

Some of you do however see the boss come into view. This must be Badeye. He is a hulking lug of a half-orc with a hideously swollen left eye. Quite a dangerous looking bruiser, he is garbed in good quality chain-mail and carries a well used wicked looking orc double axe.

"Give it up you curl tails. You are outnumbered and out witted."

GM:

Trip attempt 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16 Success
Andrezi Brass Knuckles AoO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss
Trip attempt 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Andrezi falls prone.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel's Initiative

You have a direct line of sight to Badeye. His minions rush before him however, eager to do his will. Marcus awaits at a window he has smashed inward making clear his intention to enter. You are sure his haggling with the occupant the will continue even as he is climbing in.

Ethaniel's View Rnd11


Male Human DM/32

GM:

1 Bandit attacks vs Stirge AC16 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
2 Bandit attacks vs Stirge AC16 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Hit Sap Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1 Stirge attacks vs Touch AC13 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

1 Stirges attach (AC now 12)
Stirge 2 dies

-1Con Bandit


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Did Tam see where Andrezi had gone during his movement?

Tam hugs his back to the wall of the alley watching Marcus' 'negotiations...'

But sees a fatal flaw in the plan...

"Marcus, if we enter that domicile, the thugs could just torch the building from the outside and shoot us with crossbows as we try to flee the windows or doors..."

Unspoken he finishes his thought with a personal stab of shame and regret, {...its what my father and I have done in the past to 'marks' trying to escape.}

"...perhaps a stand here in this restricted alley would be better if we intend to fight and not completely evade them."


Male

"Gods, I hate Rotgut District!" the elf spits, loud enough to be heard even over the shattering glass "Why do they harry us still? Even Zincher's men aren't this bloody loyal." Iscarel throws his arms up in frustration, then seems to slide back into the smug, satisfied smile he wears so often. "More than like they haven't seen a face this pretty in weeks." he says, turning to Ascaria and chuckling between exhausted breaths as he steadies himself against the wall "Oh don't look so affronted, girl. I was talking about mine."

Suddenly, his ears prick up. "Baited boots got the bunyips biting!" he exclaims, grinning from ear to ear and laughing manically. As you begin to wonder if he's not cracking under the pressure, his voice drops to a whisper. "There is a safe house, not two streets away. Zincher's, but it will have to do... Follow."


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Can we all hear Iscarel's whisper? That will affect Ethaniel's action.


Male Human DM/32

At about 30ft you will not hear a whisper without a superb perception check


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

How far and long can we run that they will not pursue us? Ethaniel's hand slides to his belt and he hooks his buckler to his forearm. And I thought it would end with my feet hanging above open air, gendarmes all around...

Move action to draw buckler, and another to move to DW53.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi yells at his opponents, "Pi$$ off you craven weeds. You lot are a bunch of cowardly lapdogs."


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative

Marcus smashes in a window of the building he is near and begins yelling at someone within. Ascaria is sticking as close to Marcus as she can and Apollo is watching for danger.

Tippy's View Rnd11


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy crosses the street again, heading back to rejoin the others, stopping in EE48. He peers both ways down the street.
Perction: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
You are close to the docks now, lots of people are about doing their usual days work. You don't see any gang members or people moving to surround you and your party.


Male Human DM/32

The next four of you can post your actions please. Use Ethaniel's view.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"Guys, I've made two passes across this street. I can't see any gang members, and there are plenty of people we could lose ourselves in the crowd. Probably safer than hiding in this hovel."


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

"You're right, Tippy. They can't be so stupid and try to get us at the docks with all the people there. Even in Rotgut you can't just attack a group of people in plain daylight..." Ascaria's voice however betrays that she is not so sure about that last part.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam speaks up addressing Marcus across the alley, "Tippy speaks wisdom in this. If the brigands begin shooting bolts at us into a crowd of people they will have new opponents to deal with quickly and a multitude of voices will bring the guard much quicker than our calls at a distance."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

All right, to the dock

Marcus breaks away from the window and heads to join Tippy, hoping they could lose themselves in the crowd without putting bystanders at risk.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam dashes after Marcus guarding Ascaria's flank as they move into the dock area...


Male Human DM/32

You all start moving toward the docks at Tippy's call and the consensus of agreement to the plan.

The resident comes to his broken window and speaks gruffly at Ethaniel who is the only one left in his immediate field of view.

Ethaniel:
This man is stout with an upturned nose, bristly hair, and a noticeable overbite. His hair is brown and his chin whiskers are thick and black. "Where's my blinkin gold then pal?"

Those of you near the dock do see the benefit of leaving the slummy dark warrens of the Rotgut sector. Here you are in the lane just off the docks and you see plenty of activity along its route. The sounds of deck hands and dock workers at their tasks are clear and the rank breeze coming in off the harbor confirms your proximity.

Round 12 Commences


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel's Initiative View Rnd12

You have an angry ugly man yelling at you from the broken window. The boss, Badeye continues his purposeful walk toward you as his croney's move in to surround you. They are cautious but do have saps in hand.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"Fly from here, fool!" Ethaniel shouts at the man in the window as he evades the mob.

Withdraw to EC48.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative View Rnd12

Ethaniel hurries your way in full flight as fast as he can in his heavy garb. An irate man hangs out a broken window down the alley.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative View Rnd12

The 'loud' plan of the group is to fall back to the busy lane ways near the docks. Ethaniel brings up the rear and joins the party again but with lapdogs nipping at his heels.

The rest of you make your actions too please. And all throw out a Perception check please.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22+2 vs humans


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Tippy runs 80 feet due south towards the docks.

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,500 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.