Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,500 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

I guess by the "L-shaped building" Tam was referring to the house in the upper left corner of the map. On which side is the door? Does it have any windows? Are there any people inside? Can I make out if it is a common house or a shop or something else?

Perception (if needed): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria, from where you are standing you can see a window down the alley to your right at about N14. Apart from that you can see little smoke wisps possibly coming from the a chimney.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ok, N14 is too far down the alley. I'll wait for the others first.

Ascaria places the fortune hex on Ethaniel who comes running down the street. Then she moves across the alley to S15 peering down the way to the north to see if any more goons arrive.


Male Human DM/32

Round 6 commences

Initiative Order:

18 Ethaniel
17 Marcus
17 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria


Male Human DM/32

The bald man down the end of the alley continues to run, yelling out to those in the distance and goes out of sight behind a building. Now with only one adversary in sight still. Everything else in the area is dead quiet. All birds have since flown off, spooked by the hostilities. The ambient sounds from the Gas Forges and the stench of the waste coming from them is continuous but is suffer-able. The rock faces rise sharply at the dead ending alley approximately 250ft away. The pocked and muck ridden alleys and lanes in this sector speak volumes about it's inhabitants. You have defeated the permanent ambush sight for strangers and forced them all out to aid their bandit brothers but now they call for aid from a far. Voices start to raise from seemingly every alley, voices breaking the silence and overlapping one another until one booms out over all the others, commanding silence.

"Shut your traps you blubbering fools or I'll take your tongues one by one."

Silence befalls the area again and you immediately hear wood on wood as residents in surrounding houses and shanties bar their doors.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel's Initiative:


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel moves to V15 and makes a trip attack against the remaining enemy.

Bless +1, Strength +3, BAB +1, Masterwork +1, Weapon Focus +1

Trip (Whip) - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Human DM/32

That's obviously a hit Ethaniel. Make your CMB roll please. Note that 20ft move gets you to V16


Male Human DM/32

Marcus' Initiative:
Ethaniel has moved nearer to assist Apollo, lashing out with his whip. Iscarel has limped your way, with some injury to his foot.Marcus View Rnd6


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Keeping his bow in hand Marcus, covers Iscarel as his ally moves past. (Delay)

Apollo attempts to savage the PRONE enemy
Blessed Bite 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Crit? Blessed Bite 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Further, if the fool attempts to stand, he'll AOO him
AOO Blessed Bite 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel's whip trip is effective and sends the stalker to the ground.

Seeing the opening for a savage attack, Apollo lunges and tears flesh from the now pain filled man fighting to maintain his focus through gritted teeth.

The man now assailed and bested from almost all sides, rolls away from the ferocious dog and the others but takes more damage for doing so.

Once far enough away, he stands up looking about.

He yells out in desperation. "All Pauper's Hand's to Splithog right now. No mercy!"


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative

Your daggers back in hand, you look up and can see the party flowing back westward along Splithog Alley. They seem to be focused on a single target. Ascaria however, is assessing the building she has moved to and keeping an eye down the alley to the north. The silence was broken by the desperate man who had been stalking your party who you had then began to stalk. From where you are, two barrels are providing that man with cover from you so it's hard to see what condition he is in.

Tippy's view Rnd6


Male Human DM/32

Dropping the spoilers for each players initiative. Was just testing it out and now i'm over it.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy tucks tail and runs to W15.


Male Human DM/32
Tippy Fullbottle wrote:
Tippy tucks tail and runs to W15.

W16 gives you a straight line run avoiding the DT squares.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi moves doubly quick to rally with the others, his dagger dripping warm blood still.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative

Marcus actually came to assist and cover your retreat at possible peril to his own well-being.

Refer to Tippy's map. W16 and X17 are now occupied by Tippy and Andrezi respectively.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

How much longer am I entangled for?


Male Human DM/32

Last round of slowing will be round 7, moving normally in round 8


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

WAIT WAIT WAIT. I CAN JUST USE A HEALING POTION. G*@*&%NIT.

Iscarel will hobble to T24 into cover behind the barrel, ready to chug a potion and make a break for it next round.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus, is your intention to act after Iscarel or delay all the way to next round?


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus double moves to V21 trying to link up with the others.


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative

Marcus and Iscarel are moving as quick as they can to reach the group even if they are both inhibited slightly in their movement. Ascaria has moved to the building you called to and is looking it over. The others seem mostly concerned with tying up this loose end before it calls for further assistance.

Tam's View Rnd6


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria, go ahead and post your action too.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam moves forward his ire and intent obvious to all, these cut-throats have attacked without provocation and refuse to do anything other than continue to pursue hostilities. Desna promotes forgiveness... but also self-defense in the face of naked aggression.

Tam moves 30ft straight forward (U 10), rolling under the cut-throat's guard nimbly - setting up for a flank and readies an action to stab the miscreant with his dagger the moment he is flanked or take advantage of a presented opening to strike {AoO} should he attempt to flee any direction other than south {opening himself up to more ranged attacks should he do so}. And still out of any line of fire from Ethaniel, Marcus, or Ascaria.

Move Action: Move 30'ft 'back to wall'

Acrobatics: 'Avoid AoO from Moving through threatened square' 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Standard Action: Readied Action {see above}

"If death is all you deal in scum... we will gladly serve it to you in turn... give my regards to the 'Pallid Princess'... Dream no more...!"


Male Human DM/32

Just waiting on Ascaria's action.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria moves to (T,15) to the corner of the building and looses the sling from her belt. Then she points her finger at Marcus and mouthes a few words, inaudible to the others.


Move Action: Draw weapon
Standard action: Cast message

Message to Marcus:
"Maybe we should run for it. I don't intend to depopulate the whole quarter. Nor do I think we can hang on much longer..."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus hears the Message and responds. He wasn't sure if withdrawal was needed, but it didn't
look good.
Form up on Ascaria NOW! Tam not a scratch!


Male Human DM/32

Round 7 commences

Initiative Order:

18 Ethaniel
17 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Marcus
8 Tam
8 Ascaria

Ethaniel's Initiative

Ethaniel's View Rnd7


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Though Marcus calls him off, Tam is pressed to a wall... Ethaniel slides over to the side of the building, putting himself between Ascaria and the man who cries out. His whip dances out on front of him as he tries to give his ally an opening to move.

Ethaniel moves to U13 and attempts to disarm the thug in V10.

Bless +1, Strength +3, BAB +1, Masterwork +1, Weapon Focus +1, Weapon Quality (Disarm) +2

Disarm (Whip) vs. CMD - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Part! This is at an end!"


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel manages to make the stalker drop one of his weapons with a disarming maneuver. Fortunately, the man still has his OH dagger and backups.

He moves to escape the bloody whip wielder taking an attack from the one immediate threat.

Tumble 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Tumble to avoid fall 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

And the dumb ass fool falls as he attempts to make his get away.


Male Human DM/32

Oh, actually. Have your AoO Tam and if you don't hit I don't need to save against falling prone.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam shakes his head in disdain, "Sleep well in hell..."

...and stabs the fleeing foe with his rapier.

AoO: {w/rapier} 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 [CRITICAL Threat!!]
AoO - Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Rapier Damage Critical hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Then as he has waited for the foe to try to flee and icing on the cake he slips and falls Tam steps in and attempts to slit his throat with one deft ear to ear slash from his ornate dagger to drop the foe... forever silent...
Dream over.

Readied 'Standard' Action {Triggered - Target tries to flee} - Attack w/Dagger: {Target prone} 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 -4 AC 'prone'

Dagger Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human DM/32

Tam takes his readied action as he sees the man about to make a break for it and misses.

Tam's initiative changed to 17 and no other actions this round.

However, as part of the thief's attempt to escape, he leaves himself open to attack and Tam seizes the opportunity and his well placed attack strikes a vital spot and the last of the original ambushers falls to the dust, bleeding out.


Male Human DM/32

Perception listen all


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Male Human DM/32

GM:
Stealth Cumulative roll 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6


Male Human DM/32

Everyone is aware at this point that the gang is closing in. Though there is no talking, certain things give away the approach. Birds flapping away, a dog barking, crash of something bumped or knocked all reveal a line of possible gang members moving your way and will be upon you very soon.

Tippy's Initiative

Tippy's View Rnd7


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel's head whips back and forth as he tries to catch sight of the approaching thugs. All around us. They're all around us.

"We're formed up. Hold together, our backs to the building? Is that the plan?" Ethaniel speaks in hushed urgency.


Male Human DM/32

GM:
Iscarel Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Gang Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Iscarel:
Looking down the alley way whilst hiding behind the barrels you see numerous gang members heading your way. They spot you how ever as your barrel doesn't hide you from them. Nearest about 140ft away


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"I have no problem with exercising the better part of valour, but if we're going to do it, we need to do it now. Some of us have shorter legs than others."

He delays to see if they're going to run for it or fight where they stand. If the latter, he'll move to V12 and reset one of his wrist sheathes with a dagger.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"Marcus?" Ethaniel looks over to the ranger.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

We could win this. But the odds are too high to so many bodies. We run.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy waits to see which direction, and then starts running as fast as his little legs can go (80-foot straight lines whenever possible, so please move Tippy whichever direction makes the most sense based on which direction the rest choose).


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi listening to the groups planning decides to make a run for it running in a straight line 120ft south being able to avoid the difficult ground.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's initiative

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,500 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.