Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,500 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male Human DM/32
'Tam' "Darquestryder" wrote:
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM_Waife, do you mean the one opponent attacking Marcus's dog? I assume the man standing diagonally to me is Andrezi...I don't 'see' any other red enemy figures... unless its the back of a fleeing foe off the map proper.

- Oh and sorry no post yesterday... was playing STAR WARS: OLD REPUBLIC all night. {blush}

I gave the coords of your nearest foe. You can only just see him as he is around the corner.


Male

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Seeing Marcus fell his foe and Apollo engage the one man left out in the open, Tam spots the nearest foes ducking around the corner.

Just to make sure he keeps fleeing Tam moves to the barrel just outside the alley using it for cover and ready to attack with thrown daggers if necessary to 'encourage' the street thug to continue his flight.

Passing Ascaria he mutters, "Stay close milady... until we know all our foes are dealt with or fleeing for certain!"

Tam watches him closely scowling at the street thug gesturing his readiness to throw his dagger if he does not continue to flee...

Move Action: Move to (S 18) - ducking behind barrel weapons still at the ready

[OOC: My apologies for holding the game up... just got off of work...]


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Still here.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel fails to notice the caltrops that were spread on the ground by the bandit.

Caltrops vs Iscarel AC15 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

All near by hear the bard yell out in sudden pain.

Iscarel, take 1 point of damage and speed reduced to half for 24hrs.


Male Human DM/32

Tam, here's a slightly more revealed map for you to revise that move. I am not sure if you know where the baddy is that I am referring too. Tam's View Rnd 4 revised


Male Human DM/32

Initiative Order:

18 Ethaniel
17 Marcus
17 Hand
16 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria


Male Human DM/32

Just clarifying Tam's action then continuing.


Male Human DM/32

Perceptions all round please


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21+2 vs Humans


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Oh! Ok..sorry. I thought this game was being put on hiatus. Thx for the Map update I understand now.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

{Revised Action}

Tam moves at the opponent in the alley confidently moving right up to him and then ducking and rolling under his guard to tumble up to his feet on the other side of him blocking any escape - menacing him with dagger and rapier in hand!

Standard Action: Total Defense = +4AC {Current w/buckler 22}
Move Action: Move 15'ft to (P 24) through (Q 24)!
Tumbling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Tam still threatens squares adjacent to him if the foe tries to move around him or flee he strikes.

Tam speaks his words of deadly intent, "Oh no, my prey, YOU at least will stay and entertain us with some answers - like who is your boss, where he may be found and why he had you attack us!?! Answer freely and you will go free or answer unwillingly and bleed freely! But answer you will in truth or in pain. Your choice. Choose now!!"


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Nice!


Male Human DM/32

@Tam

CRB Pg193:
Diagonals: When measuring distance, the first diagonal counts as 1 square, the second counts as 2 squares, the third counts as 1, the fourth as 2, and so on. You can’t move diagonally past a corner (even by taking a 5-foot step). You can move diagonally past a creature, even an opponent. You can also move diagonally past other impassable obstacles, such as pits.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human DM/32

Tam confronts the remaining thug in one of the alleys, now beside the thief the thief could see he was in a bad position but could still make a getaway.

Ascaria's Initiative:


Male Human DM/32

Perception DC15:
Those of you who achieved a Perception of 15 or higher see the fat and bald ambusher who had began to flee dashing across the alley further along and yelling out and waving his hands wildly. "Get the bloody boss!"

Perception DC25:
You can hear the distant echos of yelling from a few lanes over. It seems someone had already made the dash to get the boss. "Get the boss down here, we got big trouble."


Male Human DM/32

Round 5 commences

Ethaniel's Initiative:
You just saw one of the ambushers calling for aid and for the boss. Furthermore, you are the only one who has heard distant calls for aid aswell. Ethaniel's View Rnd5


Male Human DM/32

Tam:
As you maneuvered to try corner the nearest enemy, you were able to catch a glimpse further north down the alleyways between buildings. You were able to see a number of people dashing about.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Sorry, have been without power for the past 18 hours. Just now able to reply. So Tam will simply move 20'ft and still do the same thing.

Spotting the running cut-throats further down the alley Tam yells for his companions, "Ascaria, Marcus, Ethaniel! They are not fleeing! They are regrouping for a continued attack with greater numbers!"

Keeping his eyes on his foe before him Tam says, "You have one option... drop your weapon and surrender or I'm going to end you now! We didn't start this fight... but YOU, at least, will not be alive to see it's finish if you don't surrender NOW!"

{Don't hesitate... kill him! You can't trust him... he'd kill you...!}


Male

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"Tam is right, but it is not just those near us that call for help! Voices cry out in the distance as well, with similar pleas! We will find ourselves surrounded by foes!" Ethaniel's eyes fall on Marcus's dog, baring short fangs against longer blades. He hustles towards the man that wields them, whip flailing behind.

Double-move to V20.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascarias action, round 4

With Tam obviously in control of the situation, Ascaria whirls around and sees Apollo attacking another of those unwashed bandits. She moves a little closer to S18, careful to stay in a relative cover, and casts daze on the thug (Will negates, DC13).


Male Human DM/32

Stalker Hand Will Save vs Daze DC13 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The stalker is unable to resist the effects of Ascaria's spell and his mind becomes clouded with indecision.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus Initiative:
Tam has called out that reinforcements are gathering and you can see the bald thug making a run for it further down the alley, yelling directions to other's he can obviously see as he goes. Ethaniel is moving toward the stalker who is engaged with Apollo.Marcus View Rnd5


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus hearing the calls and in unfamiliar territory looks around. They were in an area where the attackers new the land better and they were outnumbered. They needed a strong point, he looks to Tam. We need to get inside!

He sheaths his scimitar and draws his short bow as he moves 20ft west to start linking up with his allies.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus, would you care to have Apollo make his attack this round? He is still under your Handle command.


Male Human DM/32

The dazed stalker is unable to do anything except defend himself, his mind muddled and mostly confused.

His companion currently facing Tam makes a full withdraw using all his energy and attention to not get hit by the elf.

Tumble vs Tam's CMD16 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Fail Acrobatics to avoid fall DC16 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Tippy's Initiative:
Apollo is in combat with the stalker and the others are yelling out to regroup as reinforcements seem to be coming. Tippy's View Rnd5


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy retrieves his daggers, feeling he's going to be needing them soon. "Or a roof!" Tippy yells back. "Inside could mean getting separated."


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

May I take my AoO at the prone target? I assume he is not flat-footed or flanked.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

On Marcus's turn Apollo attacks the man.

Bite+Trip1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14Trip CMB=17
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The dog moves to W13, trying to bail the foe up against the wall.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi looks at Tam with frustration. "Kill the little s~~$! Screw the talking!" He then moves up to the man with menacing mirth and attacks with a dagger.

Dagger vs Prone AC13 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Crit Confirmed Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 + 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Andrezi drives his dagger into the mans back right and into his kidneys.


Male Human DM/32

Even though the stalker is dazed Apollo fails to bite the man.


Male Human DM/32
'Tam' "Darquestryder" wrote:
May I take my AoO at the prone target? I assume he is not flat-footed or flanked.

Sure you can, only -4 AC for Prone. No sneaks.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative:
You have stepped on a blasted Caltrop, currently imbedded in your foot and held fast due to your footwear. You may wish to remove it. You find your movement is hampered due to the injury but Marcus is making a dash and yelling for everyone to rally.Iscarel's View Rnd5


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam strikes out with his rapier at the fleeing street thug.

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22{Prone}

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male

The elf lets out a snarl of agony as he nearly drops to his knees, clutching his leg. "...ngh. Nadorhuan! I'll cut out your tongue and feed it to the wolves!" he roars as the man flees.

Iscarel flashes Marcus a frantic glance at Marcus, and down the nearby alley to the north. "Lle lakwenien?" he curses, despair tinging his voice as he sees his companions turn tail. With nothing left to do, he hobbles after them, wide-open, double moving to W30.

Elvish:
Cowardly dog's
... Are you joking?


Male Human DM/32

what's the extra +4 on the attack? You hit with 18 but want to know. If its for being higher I don't believe it applies.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

If the target is prone, you get a +4 bonus to hit it, in addition the penalties they have to their AC. Being prone is nasty.


Male Human DM/32

Where's it say that tipster. Reference me


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Apologies, there is no bonus to hit, just the -4 penalty to the armour class, but I've seen it enough in pbp to wonder if adding the +4 to the attacker has become a type of shorthand approach.

The reference is in the entry on the prone condition.


Male Human DM/32

-4AC is ample negative and is as the prone condition description.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
Iscarel wrote:

Iscarel flashes Marcus a frantic glance at Marcus, and down the nearby alley to the north. "Lle lakwenien?" he curses, despair tinging his voice as he sees his companions turn tail. With nothing left to do, he hobbles after them, wide-open, double moving to W30.

** spoiler omitted **

Marcus turns with his bow ready,

Elvish:
You wanna be outnumbered AND surrounded? Hurry up, I'll cover you!


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel, I got you to U30 which was best for if you went southern route you would have to navigate around the caltrop square and loose some distance.


Male Human DM/32

Tam's attack as the bandit attempted to tumble away hits true and the man began to fall to the ground. As part of his failed attempt to acrobatically escape or due to Tam's opportune attack.

It did not matter though when Andrezi stepped in and finishes the thug off precisely.


Male

Cheers. That works for me.


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative:


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}
Marcus Whiteshae wrote:

Marcus hearing the calls and in unfamiliar territory looks around. They were in an area where the attackers new the land better and they were outnumbered. They needed a strong point, he looks to Tam. We need to get inside!

He sheaths his scimitar and draws his short bow as he moves 20ft west to start linking up with his allies.

Tam does not take time to argue with Andrezi's frustrated words sparing one last glance to make sure the thug is down for good.

Yelling a reply to Marcus' commands, "Fine, Everyone make for the L-shaped building and get inside it! Its the biggest cover around and we can get that thug off Apollo!"

Tam turns and dashes from the alley making his way toward the embattled war-hound but staying just out of Marcus' and Ethaniel's line of fire. Brandishing his Dagger and Rapier ready to strike the last thug standing once he closes to melee.

Full-Round Action: Double Move to (U 16)


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria's Initiative:
Your spell last round worked well and prevented the stalker from injuring anyone. Now a call to rally has been shouted. Ascaria's View Rnd5

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,500 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.