Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


151 to 200 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Sorry for the delay. Just wanted to be clear.

"The spellcaster!" Ethaniel yells, not caring whether or not the man was responsible for the flash of light.

It may have been him. It may not have been. But if he is calling upon magics to combat a simple cutpurse, he does not use his power well.

Ethaniel makes a whip attack from his current square, assuming the spellcaster is the icon in W15. This is nonlethal damage, and it will be negated if the caster is wearing any armor.

Whip attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
If it hits, it deals 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 points of nonlethal damage.

He then moves to V17.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Your whip attack is successful, the drunk shocked with all that has happened in the last few seconds, shakes his head trying to clear his thought.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

guards and bad guys next, yes?


Male Human DM/32

@All

An enthralling female voice rings out over the crowd.

Female Thug wrote:
“All right, folks! Drop to the ground and don’t try anything stupid and we might let you live!”

Two other men raise their heads, draw swords and spin away from their table, their eyes scanning the crowd. One moves toward one of the bouncers guarding the chest who is obviously blinded.

New round commencing now


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

The drunk, changes his focus to the one who just lashed a whip at him. He steps into base with you and reaches out to touch you. The words of a spell leaving his lips as he focuses intently on you.

Drunks melee touch attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 vs your touch AC11

Roll a Fort Save vs DC13 or become Fatigued for 2 rounds.

Fatigue:
Fatigued: A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.


Male Human DM/32

@All in the Bar Area

One of the thieves land a hard hitting blow on the senior bouncer who audibly splutters up a cough from the impact. The other misses his attempt to hit, still content to both use fists rather than weapons. All the guards join the fist fight now. Stepping in to keep in base with the thieves.

GG Map Update

Marcus' Initiative


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Having heard Valius's call and the woman (apparently the leader) make her speech, Marcus has to trust the guards superior numbers against these to idiots would win through. He calls out to the guards:
You men handle this, I've got the trouble in the hall.

He looks at Ascaria, who is apparently on thier side and some sort of magician, You, wizard-woman, you're with me. Samson, Heel.

He takes a double move to R15, pointing to Valius along the way Samson, Guard ValiusSamson is in O15 in Guard mode, he will stay by Valius's side and attack anyone who threatens his masters friend

Once in place, he shouts a challenge back at the woman, hoping to rally the bouncers and any able patrons to fight

You want these people's prize? COME AND GET IT B!#CH!


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Care to roll an Intimidate: Demoralize check for that speech?

Iscarel's initiative


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Fortitude Save - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Qadira

"Marcus?" Valius says casting about in vain. He tentatively uses one hand to load his crossbow and then notices the smell of dog.

"Samson! Good boy. Stay with me."

Next round actions: Do you think it would be possible to load a crossbow by touch as a full round action when blinded?


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

The grim-looking human with the dog dashes to the gambling floor, his pet at his heels. Ascaria is still not sure what is going on here, but something is going on and she does not like it one bit. For now, the human seems to be one of the more desirable companions in this damn hole so Ascaria decides to stick to him. However, some precautions seem to be in order.

Action: Cast mage armor and then follow Marcus carefully to L16.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Marcus

Care to roll an Intimidate: Demoralize check for that speech?

I would have but used a double move to get to R15, so no standard left to demoralize :)


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Nice rolls.

@Valius

Only if you aren't being targeted during the process. As in being attacked etc. Then you would need to make a DEX check i guess.

@Marcus

So true. Lol

@Ascaria

You cast and move to K15 on your initiative.


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

"I shouldn't have wasted my time..." he sighs. All he wanted was the coin for some company tonight...

Iscarel will start casting a sleep spell against his aggressors.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Please designate you target/s using grid co-ords


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Iscarel

Please designate you target/s using grid co-ords

Can I choose a target instead? What happens when they move? If not I'll target squares I15, I16, J14, J15, J16, J17, K14, K15, K16, K17, L15, L16.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

To clarify, did you wish to hold the spell until someone makes an aggressive action toward you. Just asking because the sleep is a 10ft radius burst effect and the co-ords you have given me have no hostiles there at the moment so i can only reasonably assume your have a Prepared Action. All creatures in the burst, either pass or fail immediately. So if you wish to hold the spell until someone hostile comes your way or if you wish to cast it now, then if you give me the center point of the blast i can work with that. Cheers Isca


Male Human DM/32

@All


  • Valius is blinded for this round and then next. He spends this round with Samson guarding him whilst he loads his crossbow.
  • Ascaria made her move this round also. She cast Mage Armor and move as far as she could to follow Marcus whom bid her to do so.
  • Tippy comes out of the Fear effect but continues on in blindness for the next 4 rounds. Poor Tippy so far.
Let me know what your Blind actions are on your turns Tippy. This puts the initiative back to me, then Ethaniel.


Male Human DM/32

@All

GG Map Update

The caster near the privates suites entrance once again adds to the panic and chaos. He casts a spell and an enormous Web 20ft radius spreads across almost half the gaming floor. Then he moves toward his other companions with a wicked grin upon his face. All the other attendees are Blind and now Grappled by the web.

Reflex Save vs DC15 please Marcus & Samson and Valius. Also Valius, you take a -4 to this check due to your Blinded condition.

Web:
Web creates a many-layered mass of strong, sticky strands. These strands trap those caught in them. The strands are similar to spiderwebs but far larger and tougher. These masses must be anchored to two or more solid and diametrically opposed points or else the web collapses upon itself and disappears. Creatures caught within a web become grappled by the sticky fibers. Attacking a creature in a web doesn’t cause you to become grappled. Anyone in the effect’s area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the grappled condition, but can break free by making a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as a standard action against the DC of this spell. The entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain. Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell’s DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter. If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.

Ethaniel's Initiative


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel will draw his buckler as a move action. He will then take a 5-foot step to U16 and make another whip attack against the spellcaster in W16.

Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
If it hits, it deals 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 points of nonlethal damage.

At this point, Ethaniel isn't worrying about Attacks of Opportunity, but he may be susceptible to them.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Caster:
Just checking if you are aware that the caster you are opting to attack is not the one doing all these spells. Yes, true he has attempted to touch you with a spell and cast on Tippy, but it would be more accurate to describe W16 target as drunk or adept. He is in no way associated with these other folks.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Ethaniel

** spoiler omitted **

I am aware of that, but Ethaniel isn't necessarily. He felt something was very wrong, and his solution (however strange) was to let chaos erupt and thus bring the tournament to an end. He chose to escalate the encounter, and thought he'd help Tippy in the process. In doing that, he noticed he was fighting a spellcaster, who then wielded magic against him at the same time as a burst of light exploded in the room; unsure of the source, he thinks it best to incapacitate the spellcaster. For now, he is planning to neutralize that "threat" with nonlethal force before fleeing or assisting in whatever else is going on. The nearby web somewhat forces the issue, I imagine, but he won't wade into that with an enemy spellcaster at his back, no matter how innocuous that spellcaster might be.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

.Reflex1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

S#!+, I'm gonna kill you, CASTER!!!


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

In one of your previous spoilers i mentioned something specific to you about the other caster due to your perception result. You may have missed that.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Your whip attack does hit the drunk again and this attack renders the man unconscious. He falls to the floor and the only movement you notice is his continued breathing.


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Iscarel

To clarify, did you wish to hold the spell until someone makes an aggressive action toward you. Just asking because the sleep is a 10ft radius burst effect and the co-ords you have given me have no hostiles there at the moment so i can only reasonably assume your have a Prepared Action. All creatures in the burst, either pass or fail immediately. So if you wish to hold the spell until someone hostile comes your way or if you wish to cast it now, then if you give me the center point of the blast i can work with that. Cheers Isca

Actually Sleep has a 1 round casting time, rather than a full round action. I believe I'll aim it at the start of my next turn? I'm a little shaky on the details, so correct me if I'm wrong here. Also I hadn't realised the others had moved into the radius. My bad! Could I drop the spell mid-casting?

Now, where do I cash my chips? At the bar?


Male Human DM/32

@All

The red headed female (wearing an eye patch over her left eye) refocuses her intent on the only bouncer in the room that did not get blinded by her companions spell and who is moving to confront the new threats. She begins casting a spell upon him. Her companions make attacks on their target. One already in base to base with Ethaniel lashes out with swords but attempts to instead knock the sense out of you with the pommels. His companion steps up to you and also attempts the same style of attacks. Any damage is nonlethal.

Thief 1
MH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 21d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Thief 2
MH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 01d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

You are quite correct. Having started casting it in the last round, you either drop it and loose it or choose your target area and unleash it on your next turn.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel & Ascaria

As you are the only remaining characters in the bar area this is directed mainly at you both. One of the thieves assailing the senior bouncer draws his weapons out of desperation. He slashes his target hoping to take him out of the combat.

Thief
MH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
OH 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

You see a flick of blood leaving the thief's off-hand blade and his victim buckles over, now unconcious and bleeding out on the ground.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel & Ascaria

The other thief in the bar area looks slightly shocked but never-the-less, turns to engage the next bouncer on his tail. Draws his short swords and attacks with the pommels.

MH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
OH 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel & Ascaria

The two bouncers retaliate with urgent fury. Both draw their short swords and attempt lethal attacks against their opponents.

Bouncer H,231d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bouncer G,201d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The guards, grind their teeth as they both miss the nimble thieves.


Male Human DM/32

New round actions have commenced

@Marcus

I am assuming you would like to make a CMB vs DC15 to break the grapple effect the web imposes on you?

GG Map Updated


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

CMB to remove grappled1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Marcus takes a deep breath, sets his feet and tears at the annoying webs holding him. He is able to free himself and move to the closest free area he sees, mounting the stage and moving to support the guard and whip wielding ally who are being attacked.

(steps out of web to s14, which has part of the stage in it, the way is clear but he'd need to step up so I'm hoping you would allow the move but stepping up would cost an extra 5ft, total move to u15)

He yells another challenge at the woman,
Is that all you got One-Eye? Ha!


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

You make the CMB versus the Grapple as a standard action which leaves you still with a move action. It costs double movement to leave a web square plus another 5ft to move up onto the stage. It all calculates fine to have you end up in U,15.

Iscarel's Initiative


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy, groping blindly, attempts to use hearing to find this spellcastet.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He'll move at half speed towards wherever he thinks the sound of spellcasting is coming from.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Ethaniel

In one of your previous spoilers i mentioned something specific to you about the other caster due to your perception result. You may have missed that.

That's right. I still think Ethaniel would have attacked the drunk because he was casting spells at Tippy. I feel a bit adrift finding a way to attach my chaotic neutral character to the party, but I don't think an unexpected affinity for the halfling is too far out there. In the end, Ethaniel was trying to distract the drunk, but once the drunk attacked him, he was obligated to incapacitate his foe before turning his attention to the more threatening spellcaster. He will spend subsequent rounds focused on her and her minions.

Question: How does the stage (S, T, U, 12, 13, 14) affect movement? I know it cost Marcus an extra 5 feet to get up there. Is it difficult terrain?


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

You do hear two spell casters. Both a male and female voice coming from the other side of the room. The female is still in the process of casting however so it would be easier for you to move toward that sound.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

I would classify it as difficult terrain rather than make anyone make an Acrobatics as it isn't overly high. That is of course as long as you are making standard movements and not running and jumping. There is the chest of 10000sp at the center point of that podium however which does block movement.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Tippy

You do hear two spell casters. Both a male and female voice coming from the other side of the room. The female is still in the process of casting however so it would be easier for you to move toward that sound.

That way, then. I'll let you decide exactly where, since Tippy has no clue.

Qadira

double check - this is my second and last round blinded. Correct?

Valius turns towards the noise and yelling as he catches Marus's voice above some of those in the confusion.

He finishes loading his crossbow and wonders at if he will get the chance to defend his friend.


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

Have they pursued me?

Iscarel's chanting grows harsher and more frustrated over the noise of the brawl behuind him. He scans his eyes across the chaos of the gambling hall, eyes darting to and fro and ears twitching in agitation.

"Enough!" he spits, turning and unleashing his spell. (Centered in F 24, DC 13, should reachh all of the bouncers and the brawlers. I'll take the rest of my action once they've made their saves, but if any of the thugs save I'll make a charge attack against them.)


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I think it's my turn in initiative.

Ethaniel withdraws to U12.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

Have you put your weapon away or are you groping around feeling your way through the room with weapon in hand? Half speed, double move and squeezing through one square gets you to V,12


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Yes, this is your last round of blinded state. You need to make a Reflex Save vs the Web spell effect DC15 as requested above. This interrupts your loading of crossbow unless you pass by 5 or more.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Nope, no-one has made any action against you. The entry and exit from this room is completely blocked. You most immediate threat are the thieves in the bar area but they are currently occupied.

Saves
Bouncer G20 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Bouncer H22 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Thief G21 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

That was 4HD of targets all sent to slumber. Nice work. The only one awake is in the far corner. Because the senior guard is Helpless he doesn't affect a charge attempt. However, you don't have a weapon out, nor can you draw one as part of the charge due to your BAB+0. Are you going to Unarmed Strike him?


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria's Initiative now

Qadira

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Valius tugs at the bolt in it's case.

"Why won't this come free." he wonders. Nervous at being blind and defenseless he pulls again to no avail.

Going to be a long combat. *sigh*


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria loosens the sling from her belt and loads it. Assuming that the spellcasting woman with the eye patch is the one that announced the robbery, Ascaria aims carefully at her. Then she lets fly...

Ranged attack against woman at (S,18): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Male Human DM/32

@Ascaria

Your shot goes astray.

@Tippy

You run directly into one of bouncers as you attempt to continue your move. As he is Blinded anyone moving into his space is considered hostile and he has an AoO at you but you have total cover.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 vs your Flatfooted AC less a further 2 which should be 12.

If that hits, here is is miss chance roll and damage.
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 29, 51 or higher will be a hit.
Damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 nonlethal.


Male Human DM/32

@All

The male who has been menacing everyone with his casting begins casting another spell. (Spellcraft check anyone able)

Ethaniel's Initiative

Ethaniel wrote:
Ethaniel withdraws to U12

The female caster, allowed to cast uninterrupted completes her spell and unleashes it. A burst effect centered near the stage S,13 forces a bar wench, two bouncers and Marcus to make a Will Save vs DC14

Bouncer T15 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Bouncer S12 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Wench R11 1d20 ⇒ 20

So both bouncers fall to the ground immediately, snoring a second after they reach the floor. The red head smiles as the bouncers fall to the ground, then she moves closer to the door.

151 to 200 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.