Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,500 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative:
Your foe clearly just tried to open a gash across your head but made a very poor attempt to do so. He his no longer blinded however so he is able to defend himself normally. Tippy's View Rd3


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"That's a cheap shot, you f$@#%£€ jackass. Next you'll be going for the jigglies."

Glancing up above the man's head, he nods and shouts, "Jump him now!" as he dodges down low, drawing a second dagger as he does.
Move action: draw second dagger
Standard action: Bluff to feint in combat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human DM/32
Tippy Fullbottle wrote:

"That's a cheap shot, you f$@#%£€ jackass. Next you'll be going for the jigglies."

Glancing up above the man's head, he nods and shouts, "Jump him now!" as he dodges down low, drawing a second dagger as he does.
Move action: draw second dagger
Standard action: Bluff to feint in combat: 1d20+6

Bluff to Feint succeeds :)


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi now having an elevated position over his target, makes two dagger attacks.

MH Dagger vs AC17 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

OH Dagger vs AC17 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

OH Crit Confirm 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Andrezi punctures the fool nicely with his offhand attack and decides to leave his dagger embedded. He grins mercilessly and draws his last dagger from his belt.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative:
Marcus disgustingly slaughtered his ill skilled opponent. Ethaniel has just channeled positive energy relieve some pains. Iscarel's View Rnd3


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative:
Having frightened off your opponent, all you can now see is Tippy far off playing with his opponent in a painful manner. Everything else is out of your visual range. Tam's View Rnd3


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria, still waiting on your adjusted movement from last action.


Male

The elf lopes forward, a second knife whirling into his offhand as he looses the other at the bandit, throwing his arms wide in challenge as he turns to face the bandit in AB35, laughing cruelly as his melancholy gives way to a harsh rage.

Move Action: To X35
Standard Action: Throw dagger, Point Blank Shot

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human DM/32

Are you attacking the AB35 bandit or the V36 bandit? I can make an assumption but that isn't my job.


Male

The V36 bandit, apologies. That got lost in a too-flowery edit, I think. :P

I'm just taunting my next target and trying to draw a bit of arrow fire before the party's over.


Male Human DM/32

Waiting on Tam


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam will nod to Ascaria in passing, "Stay vigilant.. I'm going to go help the others..."

And he double moves past her into the street Rapier and Dagger in hand the engage in the battle.

Tam moves to (S, 23) hugging the wall and moving up to the two barrels blocking the entrance to the alley. He is trying to get a tactical view of the battle and then he will move to flank next round to assist his comrades...

Incidentally from that position he cannot be flanked.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

Ascaria, still waiting on your adjusted movement from last action.

Alright, considering that I don't want to end my move in the middle of the street, I just go to (S,19), pressing my self to the wall trying not to look like a good target. ;-)


Male Human DM/32

@Ascaria Well that is the move action you wanted from last round, you ended up in S20. You can have a full round action now.


Male Human DM/32

The last bandit to act this round makes a full withdraw action.

"Screw this boss, they're not the usual daft marks. I'll go tell the crew we got big trouble."


Male Human DM/32

Initiative Order:

22 Hand
19 Hand
18 Ethaniel
17 Marcus
17 Hand
16 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria

Round 4 Commences

It seems the first to wise up and make a run for it was merely the beginning. The baldy, also dashes away out of line of sight real quick and yells as he goes. "Make for home, save yourselves." The one fighting with Tippy has no idea how things are going so continues to fight for his life.

Dagger attack vs Tippy AC19 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel channels once again.

1d6 ⇒ 5 Healing Marcus and Andrezi


Male Human DM/32

Marcus, your initiative but you have no targets forward. The only one visible to you is at the other end of the map. The stalker but he too is going to flee on his turn. The map is pissing me off so I am not going to update it anymore for this encounter. If you are cool to let them flee then Tippy can have his last attack and that's it for this encounter.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

@Ascaria Well that is the move action you wanted from last round, you ended up in S20. You can have a full round action now.

Yeah, I know. I was just waiting for the map view not knowing that you had given up on that.

Seeing that the fight is practically won, Ascaria will cross the street and cast daze on Tippy's opponent. Will Save,DC13 "Tippy, try to knock him out, maybe he can tell us who sent him!"


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus sees the fools flee with only one fool left. He still is unable to run himself, inhibited by the goo. He points to the last remaining thief knowing the man cannot outrun Apollo.
Apollo, attack
Handle Animal, move action1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The dog looks at him somewhat confused.
Go. Get him
Handle Animal, move action1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Finally the dog gets it and Charges the last bandit Charge 80ft, not sute if it covers tje distance, run action otherwise1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11+2 CMB for auto trip
Damage1d6+3


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy steps back five feet and tosses his dagger with lethal intent.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (4) = 8

But it would appear the dagger lodges in the man's armour and fails to penetrate.


Male Human DM/32

I have reverted my Maptool program to run Java6 and problem fixed. Give me some time to get missed maps up.


Male Human DM/32

I know this seems to be out of order but this is still Ascaria's action from last round, rnd3.

Ascaria's Initiative:


Male Human DM/32

Marcus Initiative:


Male Human DM/32

GM:
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Buy my count the dog will reach u17 with an 80ft double move. Hustleing he easily makes it to threatening as a full round so put the dog adjacent to him.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus uses all his effort this round to get Apollo to chase down the farthest bandit.

The stalker, with an angry dog upon him now needs to fight and move.
However, seeing the dog has had to run to make the distance decides to make the most of the opportunity. He drops his shortbow and draw's his melee weapons and attacks.

Apollo AC11

MH Shortsword Sneak attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 +Sneak 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

OH Dagger Sneak attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 +Sneak 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

OH Crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The bandit misses with his shortsword but plunges the dagger in his offhand deep into the dogs ribcage. The eerie cry let out by the dog grabs everyone's attention. It was sickening. Apollo falls to the ground immediately with an almost lifeless form.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi's foe, has another attack at him.

Shortsword vs AC17 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He misses and steps away now considering the call to flee for home.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's dagger appears to miss but a second later, bloody begins to spurt from neat slice in the mans neck, opened cleanly by the blades rotation as it flew by. The man slumps to the ground his hands clamping his neck but he is beyond help.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"Oh, Marcus isn't going to like that," Tippy comments to the dying man, just before his eyes close over.

The man's last living sensation is probably Tippy kicking him between the legs. The halfling then bends down to retrieve his daggers, wiping them on the man's coat.

As much of that as fits in this round, of course.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi, having enough of this. Jumps down off the barrel near Tam and then pulls the barrel out of the way for Tam and himself to get through.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative:


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Not to start a rules lawyering session but does the Stalker that attacked Apollo have Quickdraw? Drawing a weapon is a move action even if part of a move action... so full-round actions like two-weapon combat are not possible the round you draw a weapons or weapons, unless you have quickdraw.


Male Human DM/32

Apollo takes no damage as there is no OH attack for the stalker. You can thank Tam for that, as I will surely thank him later for it too.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Saved my dog! GO TAM!


Male Human DM/32

That has totally made rogues even more s+++ to me as a player. But that's fine to play out as a DM.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Rogues are the only class I don't play.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

I know this seems to be out of order but this is still Ascaria's action from last round, rnd3.

I already had posted my Round 3 action:

Ascaria de Vintre wrote:
Seeing that the fight is practically won, Ascaria will cross the street and cast daze on Tippy's opponent. Will Save,DC13 "Tippy, try to knock him out, maybe he can tell us who sent him!"

That probably got lost in all the posts, though. As Tippy has downed his thug anyway in the meantime, I'd say we forget about that action and Ascaria acts next when her initiative comes up again (if combat lasts that long...).


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Bump.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Still here. Where be Iscarel?


Male Human DM/32

If he hasn't posted by tonight, i will auto-pilot.
PS. Skyrim :)


Male

D'oh! Sorry! I havent been prompted for Saturdays posts backward for some odd reason. I can't see any enemies, so have we routed them beyond our reach?

Iscarel will take a few strides forward, retrieve his dagger from where his opponent pulled it out and wipes the blood clean, looking bored with the affair.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Sup?


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None
Ascaria de Vintre wrote:
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:

I know this seems to be out of order but this is still Ascaria's action from last round, rnd3.

I already had posted my Round 3 action:

Ascaria de Vintre wrote:
Seeing that the fight is practically won, Ascaria will cross the street and cast daze on Tippy's opponent. Will Save,DC13 "Tippy, try to knock him out, maybe he can tell us who sent him!"

That probably got lost in all the posts, though. As Tippy has downed his thug anyway in the meantime, I'd say we forget about that action and Ascaria acts next when her initiative comes up again (if combat lasts that long...).

Sorry to be absent folks. I seem to have lost my dot. As for missing that post, I didn't. Tippy just ignored her, so take that as you will.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Yay! Movement


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Yay!


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative:
Andrezi just moved the barrel so you could move in to attack his target. You can just see the man around the corner. Q24 Tam's View Rnd 4


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel, perception check please.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM_Waife, do you mean the one opponent attacking Marcus's dog? I assume the man standing diagonally to me is Andrezi...I don't 'see' any other red enemy figures... unless its the back of a fleeing foe off the map proper.

- Oh and sorry no post yesterday... was playing STAR WARS: OLD REPUBLIC all night. {blush}


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ah, the warm embrace/curse of video games. Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC held my attention for a while, but I finished the new quests right before I went to London. Now I am hooked on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Much fun.

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,500 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.