Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,500 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam moves with Ascaria drawing his masterwork dagger and crouching next to the barrel at the alley entrance (S, 16).

Ready to defend the Marcus' lady from harm but a bit perplexed she did not follow Marcus' lead. But in typical of the reserved elf... he makes no comment merely dealing with the situation as best as possible.

If he breaks line of sight with any of the attackers he tries to conceal himself in the shadows...

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 5 = 9 {Move 20'ft '-5 Stealth'}


Male Human DM/32

Tam, you would move and then Stealth. You can't stealth before you commence moving or when in plain sight. I will use your roll as the unmodified result of 14.

GM:
PP Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Tam Perc 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Asc 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Human DM/32

A bandit, not more than a kid, tries to attack you from behind but he is ill practiced in the art of stealth and Ascaria spots him, taking from him his sneak attack advantage. He has a throwing dart in hand and Ascaria knows she is the target.

Dart ranged attack Ascaria AC12 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d4 ⇒ 3

Alright, wtf Paizo, critical fumbles on three of my last attacks. WTF!! I don't care if I miss but crit fumbles?


Male Human DM/32

Seeing Marcus and Apollo make a dash toward them, the bandits further down the alley change tactic. One of them, steps back toward her barrels and lets off her crossbow bolt.

Crossbow vs Marcus AC17 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d8 ⇒ 6


Male Human DM/32

The final beggar, moves behind a puddle of muck and looks to scatter something on the dry ground near him.


Male Human DM/32

Updated Initiative Order:

22 Hand
19 Hand
18 Ethaniel
17 Marcus
17 Hand
16 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria
7 Beggars x3

Round 2 Commences

The fat bald bandit farthest along the road, moves back to his barrels also, knocks another arrow and looses it upon Marcus.

Longbow vs AC17 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Elf Scout/1 | Init +3. Spot +3, Listen +3, low-light vision, detect secret doors | AC 19/14/15 | HP 7/7 | F +1/R + 5/ W -1; +2 vs enchantments | longsword +3 (1d8+4/19-20), longbow +8 (1d8/x3; 100ft), skirmish +1d6
Skills:
ACP 2 Balance +7, Climb +3, Disable Device +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Knowledge Geography +1, Knowledge Nature +1, Listen +3, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +5, Search +6, Spot +3, Swim +3, Tumble +7, Use Rope +6

Are Waifes last two rolls bugging out for anybody else? I'm getting "41d4" and "121d8"


Male Human DM/32

Yeah, i will split the damage into another function from now on to avoid that happening again.


Male Human DM/32

The temporarily blinded bandit in base to base with Tippy, drops his crossbow and draws his dagger. He stabs into one of the three squares the halfling may still be in.

1d6 ⇒ 1 1,2 = AM10; 3,4 = AM11; 5,6 = AL11

He stabs into a square which is unknown to him, unoccupied. Tippy knows exactly how vulnerable this fool is now.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel looks around the corner after Marcus and seeing the dire straights that his friend is now in moves hastily to aid him.

He calls to Tippy as he goes. "Tippy, Marcus is outnumbered. I must aid him."

Ethaniel has his whip in his main-hand and his holy symbol in the other.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus Initiative:
Having taken damage from two arrows now (2+5) you realise the numbers of ambushers whom you had managed to gain focus on. Ascaria had got to cover and out of the open thankfully and Andrezi had rushed to aid you against these beggar thieves and now Ethaniel, the ever reliable had moved to aid you too.Marcus View Rd2

Just remember it's still a move action to order Apollo to task.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

New round. Bring it onMarcus accepts the second arrow.with a grunt. Into his anger now he charges -2AC this round the Fool in T33, drawing his scimitar as part of the move.

2 handed +FE, Power Attack Charge1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 19
2 Hand PA Damage1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 3 = 16

The blow is mighty.

Apollo follows and sees his Master in combat, the dogs training taking.over.
Bite+Trip1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6(Attack result +2 for trip)

Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy's actions.

Hoping the man's condition lasts just a moment longer, Tippy takes a five foot step to the right and flicks both daggers at the blind man.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (5) = 8
Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Critical confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Damage: 2d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 + (6) = 13

If the man wasn't blinded still, obviously he doesn't get the sneak attack (meaning 7 points of damage instead of 21, assuming both daggers hit). He finishes by activating one of his spring-loaded wrist sheathes to bring a weapon to his hand.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus makes a brutal charge and his powerful attack nearly fells the shocked bandit in one mean moment of hostile intentions. Apollo's jaws fail to draw blood this attempt but he repositions to make good on his next bite attempt.


Male Human DM/32

The stalker looses Tam from is line of sight and moves closer to try and regain a decent target. I spots a half elf lingering near a wall. He lines up this new target with his shortbow and prays for more accuracy this time around.

Shortbow vs Iscarel AC16 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

Missing again and only just, the hand attempts to rally his senses, muttering to himself beneath his breath.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi's target, freely drops his longbow and draws his shortsword. He goes for a precise strike on Andrezi's inner thigh.

Called Shot vs Andrezi AC17 (leg, easy -2) 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 -10ft movement for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds & -2 to movement checks for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Sinking his blade nicely into his intended sweet spot and hearing his foe let out a cry of excruciation, the bandit steps away waiting for the near crippled brave to jump down toward him.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy, both hit, but the crit didn't confirm and both were sneak damage so recalculate without crit please. I'm getting MH 8 OH 10 = 18 Total? And he is no longer blinded.


Male Elf Scout/1 | Init +3. Spot +3, Listen +3, low-light vision, detect secret doors | AC 19/14/15 | HP 7/7 | F +1/R + 5/ W -1; +2 vs enchantments | longsword +3 (1d8+4/19-20), longbow +8 (1d8/x3; 100ft), skirmish +1d6
Skills:
ACP 2 Balance +7, Climb +3, Disable Device +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Knowledge Geography +1, Knowledge Nature +1, Listen +3, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +5, Search +6, Spot +3, Swim +3, Tumble +7, Use Rope +6

Oooh. Critical Fumbles and Called Shots. Are Called Shots free game? I'd no idea we were using them.

I'm up next, I believe, just after Andrezi. I'll keep an eye on the thread.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Reading up on the called shot rules...


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi, his pain focusing into a cold point of revenge instead throws his dagger at the bandit.

Ranged Dagger vs AC17 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human DM/32

Yes, we are using them. Only the first time for me too so wanting to test it out.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative:
Tippy's drawn plenty of blood from his opponent. The stalker had fired upon you and missed barely, unknown to him it would matter little if he hit anyway. Ascaria was nearly surprised from an assailant behind her in the alleyway. You hope the ghastly scream that came from further down the alley was from a thug rather than one of your companions. Iscarel's View Rd2


Male Human DM/32

Tam's initiative before you Ascaria. Let's see what he is going to do first. NB: the Mage Armor will not stack with Tam's current Chain Shirt AC which also grants +4 AC. Unless of course you mean for it to be against touch attacks.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Oh, sorry. You're right on both accounts, Waife. I deleted the post and will wait for Tam to act.


Male Elf Scout/1 | Init +3. Spot +3, Listen +3, low-light vision, detect secret doors | AC 19/14/15 | HP 7/7 | F +1/R + 5/ W -1; +2 vs enchantments | longsword +3 (1d8+4/19-20), longbow +8 (1d8/x3; 100ft), skirmish +1d6
Skills:
ACP 2 Balance +7, Climb +3, Disable Device +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Knowledge Geography +1, Knowledge Nature +1, Listen +3, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +5, Search +6, Spot +3, Swim +3, Tumble +7, Use Rope +6

With no smart reply for the ranger, Iscarel sets his jaw, taking a run action to square Z35, a single knife whirling into his hand. AC: 13

My god, I really need to start getting myself closer to the fight, I fear I won't be able to do anything of use this round. My 30ft. "close" spell range just skims the border of the westernmost bandit, either hitting him or falling a square short, I'm actually a bit shaky on the rules there. Can I get a ruling on that for future reference? From square X13 the square beneath him is still 30ft. away, and I'm just skimming the border. I can't hit him with a close-range spell, correct? Or do I merely have to skim the border? I've only recently discovered this rule and it's proving to be the bane of my existance in my pbp's:

Measuring Distance wrote:
Diagonals: When measuring distance, the first diagonal counts as 1 square, the second counts as 2 squares, the third counts as 1, the fourth as 2, and so on.

Edit: One more question, Waife! Would you consider a run action as movement in regards to drawing a weapon? I neglected to do so as part of my surprise round move action, so more the fool me.


Male Human DM/32

If you were in X13 you could get targets in W7, X7 and Y7 all being within 30ft. Yes you can draw only a LIGHT weapon on a run


Male Elf Scout/1 | Init +3. Spot +3, Listen +3, low-light vision, detect secret doors | AC 19/14/15 | HP 7/7 | F +1/R + 5/ W -1; +2 vs enchantments | longsword +3 (1d8+4/19-20), longbow +8 (1d8/x3; 100ft), skirmish +1d6
Skills:
ACP 2 Balance +7, Climb +3, Disable Device +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Knowledge Geography +1, Knowledge Nature +1, Listen +3, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +5, Search +6, Spot +3, Swim +3, Tumble +7, Use Rope +6

Alright! Beautiful. I'll not revise my action but I'll keep that in mind next time. Editing my post to account for my decreased AC, but I'm not sure if the penalty lasts all round or simply during the action.


Male Human DM/32

You will get three times your move speed as you are not running in a straight line which is Z34. The negatives persist till your next turn.


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative:
The tactic seems to have completely reversed for your companions. All were fleeing from the ambush at first but quickly turned and most are now deep in the killing ground. Ascaria is at least safely out of bow shot from most of the enemy although, this kid seems ballsy enough to try and take you both down. Perception vs your Stealth check DC14 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 This stupid kid hasn't appeared to see you yet, hunkering in close to the barrel. Tam's View Rd2


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Ulp! So sorry to have held things up... didn't realize it was my turn again!

Seeing the boy appear from the back of the alley Tam grimaces, seeing that the boy has yet to spot him Tam gently taps Ascaria on the shoulder to let her know he will 'deal' with the boy...

Keeping to the shadows Tam slips forward to (P, 16) staying concealed until almost upon the lad...

{Moving less than half his move to keep him stealth}

Then drawing his rapier with his offhand for it is long and obviously a dangerous he speaks revealing his presence with sinister words and his weapons... deadly intent! His hooded cloak, and elven high seeming as if a twin bladed killer suddenly appears out of the darkness before the boy. His vice a soft furtive whisper full of menace and his eerie violet eyes intent and eager...

"Why are the young so eager to die? Is that your wish too boy? Shall I close those young... fearful eyes forever? Is this alley where you shall breath your last breath... where Urgathoa's cold cruel, lover's embrace takes thee? Come... my blades Thirst for young fresh blood!!!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Human DM/32

Tam, at the start of your turn, you are in a position to remain hidden due to the close vicinity of the barrel. Once you move toward the boy, you loose cover and are revealed. I have been through this with Tippy before. The benefit being, you can still sneak attack from your starting position.

Tam's threat hits home powerfully and at the lad turns and bolts from this insane half-elves presence.

The bandit that had just been heavily wounded by Marcus fights with thoughts of self-preservation. He takes a step back and grabbing a bag attached by twine on his belt, aims and throws it at the dangerous man.

Tanglefoot bag Range Touch attack vs Marcus Touch AC10 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Hit imposing -2 Attacks and -4 DEX. Marcus Reflex Save DC15 to avoid being unable to move.


Male Human DM/32

The final bandit, throws a dart at the man whom just charged his companion, entirely fearful that he will be next inline of his hostility he is keen to aid in disabling him quickly.

Dart vs AC13 (due to -2 Charge & -4 DEX) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Not to belabor the point but don't the rules say you can move and maintain your stealth at no penalty as long as you only move half your normal move? PFC Rules p.106 - Stealth, first paragraph.

Unless your meaning I need to make a new stealth roll to move and maintain my stealth?


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria's Initiative:
You can use Tam's last spoiler to get a view of the map. The you lad he threatened has taken the bolt well out of sight.


Male Human DM/32
'Tam' "Darquestryder" wrote:

Not to belabor the point but don't the rules say you can move and maintain your stealth at no penalty as long as you only move half your normal move? PFC Rules p.106 - Stealth, first paragraph.

Unless your meaning I need to make a new stealth roll to move and maintain my stealth?

I mean what I wrote precisely. You leave cover which you have used to hide. There is no cover between you and your target so you cannot be stealthed in the middle of an alleyway mere feet from the observer. As I said, your benefit is that you can sneak attack from range. This is my interpretation and my ruling. If it were nighttime and the person was racially fitting I would allow it. Or if there was enough shadowy cast but it is day time.


Male Elf Scout/1 | Init +3. Spot +3, Listen +3, low-light vision, detect secret doors | AC 19/14/15 | HP 7/7 | F +1/R + 5/ W -1; +2 vs enchantments | longsword +3 (1d8+4/19-20), longbow +8 (1d8/x3; 100ft), skirmish +1d6
Skills:
ACP 2 Balance +7, Climb +3, Disable Device +5, Hide +7, Jump +3, Knowledge Geography +1, Knowledge Nature +1, Listen +3, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +5, Search +6, Spot +3, Swim +3, Tumble +7, Use Rope +6

My understanding is that you can move FROM cover and concealment TO cover and concealment, just as Waife said. That might be a wall, dim light, shrubs, a pillar, etc. The old "Move Silently" stealth check will let you crisscross between cover at half your speed, but you have to be sure not to end your turn outside of cover unless you can make an attack. Does that make more sense? I dont know the circumstances here as I'm trying not to peek at the maps, but this seems to be the confusion.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Although Tam's threat gives even Ascaria a light shudder, she grins as the boy darts away. "Well done. I would have hated to see that kid get hurt. May Desna continue to watch over you", she says as she makes a gesture in the air. She uses her standard action to place the fortune hex on Tam. Then she carefully glances around the corner of the hut, seeing what her other companions are up to. She decides to help them and hustles to (S,23) taking cover behind Andrezi.

Waife, I'll only take the move action if you let me squeeze past the barrel from my current position to (S,18). Otherwise I'll reconsider.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Reflex DC151d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Not sure if the save takes place before or after the dex penalty is imposed. Save was made anyway. Move at 1/2 speed, -2 to attack and -4 Dex. For how long?

Marcus is able to dodge most of the goop from the bag and closes (move action since 1/2 speed.) again with the thrower, You're dead!. As he closes Apollo mirrors his master and attacks.

Blessed 2 hand power attack vs FE1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 = 27+Flanking?
Damage1d6 + 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 14

Confirm Crit?1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 = 11+Flanking?
Damage1d6 + 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16

Apollo Bite+Trip1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11+2 Flank?(Trip is made at same bonus+2racial)
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Marcus's strike is heavy and Brutal. Felling the thrower with a massive cut along the stomach. He lets out a bear like growl as the man's insides become his outsides. Apollo makes a bite at what is now a corpse, enthusiastic in it's attack but the man is down reguardless. The powerfully build ranger looks at the man who clumsily threw the dart and simply states, You're next!

Realised I haven't been adding my faith trait. Marcus gets +1 damage to all retaliatory attacks against whomever just hit him. I'll be adding it next.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Yes, 18 points without the critical. I only included the extra damage because if all they have is studded leather, it might have been enough with the guy's loss of Dec to AC in addition to the -2 penalty.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam turns nodding to Ascaria and he smiles softly his eyes relieved, "No women, no kids."

"Thank you milady, I do not harm children."


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Goo persists for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 rounds.


Male Human DM/32
Quote:
Waife, I'll only take the move action if you let me squeeze past the barrel from my current position to (S,18). Otherwise I'll reconsider.

It will be half move to get by the barrel and building and there is also a square of difficult terrain S18 as well so that's four squares movement just to get to S18.


Male Human DM/32
Tippy Fullbottle wrote:
Yes, 18 points without the critical. I only included the extra damage because if all they have is studded leather, it might have been enough with the guy's loss of Dec to AC in addition to the -2 penalty.

He shouldn't have been blind still but I thought I would give you that as you were one on one. That condition should have ended just before your turn. I chose to give you the sneaks but not the crit due to that allowance but in hindsight, if I made the call then I may aswell give you the crit too.


Male Human DM/32

Initiative Order:

22 Hand
19 Hand
18 Ethaniel
17 Marcus
17 Hand
16 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria
7 Beggar

Round 3 Commences


Male Human DM/32

Still concerned with his original target the fat bald bandit fires another arrow at Marcus.

Longbow vs Marcus AC15 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

Missing again and seeing one of the strong humans elf friends coming his way, the fatty decides to make a tactical move.


Male Human DM/32

The bandit fighting Tippy makes a desperate slash for Tippy's head.

Dagger (called Shot Head -5) vs Tippy AC19 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 5 = 1 Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 & Sickened 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds.

Oh yes, critical! Mofo crit fumble again.

Ref Save DC15 (10+5 for Maneuver) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The desperate thug barely holds his weapon as he swings and misses the halflings head.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel moves into position and channels positive healing energy to aid both Marcus and Andrezi.

Channel Positive Energy 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human DM/32

Marcus's attack may very well make Ascaria pale visibly, that's on top of the scream of terror as the young man's warm entrails spill out before him. His screams are cut off as he goes into shock and quickly dies.


Male Human DM/32

The stalker moves forward, yet another of his targets ran to far from him and he gains another target in the magic user standing in the middle of the alley.

Shortbow vs Ethaniel AC18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Ethaniel HP 16/20


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi's foe steps back in to once again take a stab at his legs not looking for any vital spots this time however.

Shortsword vs AC171d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,500 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.