Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,500 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria feels more and more uneasy. Blacky, perched upon her shoulder, is also getting restless, ruffling his feathers and cawing nervously. Although she had been in similarly run-down parts of Riddleport or other towns, their little group seemed to get an extra portion of hostility and ill attention. The young girl takes care to stay at Marcus' side all the time.


Male

Even Iscarel begins to walk closer to his companions, falling in well behind Apollo and fidgeting with his blades. "Not far now. Yet we're still being pursued." he says, scanning the streets for an alleyway or possible ambush point.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Keep your hands near your blades. Thier desires are plain but something is keeping them back.....for now.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam follows in silence eyes scanning the surrounding buildings expecting ambush at any moment. He moves a little closer to Ascaria's flank ready to protect Marcus' flank keeping Ascaria between them hopefully free from attacker... when the attack eventually comes.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel is silent through much of the discussion of faith. I am not one to give sermons, yet I've done so lately, against my better judgement. At Iscarel's comments, though, he feels the need to reinforce his views. "It is simply thus: Be our ideals lofty, or not, when we find ourselves wronged, there are two choices. The first is forgiveness, the second, action. I choose the second, and so Lady Calistria is for me, and I for her. I will not begrudge another his faith, nor presume to understand the mysteries of the Savored Sting better than my fellow faithful. All I know is that the times in my life that I stayed my hand to appease the whims of others, or my own fear, I languished. Take from that what you will."

Damn. I've gone and wagged my tongue again. Ethaniel's face turns sour, but his eyes widen again when he notices the strange behavior of the folk nearby. What's this? Something is amiss.

Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Male Human DM/32

GM only:

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human DM/32

GM only:

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Human DM/32

Tippy and Ascaria throw out your perception checks too thanks.
INITIATIVES all. Surprise round first after I post the map at home. All actions on Initiatives as of this post.


Male

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human DM/32

Awaiting initiatives before map goes up


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I'll roll initiative, but I'm celebrating my anniversary tomorrow, and am unlikely to get near a computer. For that matter, our last days in London are jam packed, so I'll have to ask Waife to run Ethaniel in combat. His priority would be to cast Bless, and then use his whip to trip and/or disarm.

Initiative - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Human DM/32

Surprise Round

22 Ethaniel
22 Hand
19 Hand
17 Marcus
16 Hand
14 Tippy
8 Iscarel
7 Beggars x3

(Tam and Ascaria failed the Perception and are unaware and flat-footed during the surprise round.

Initiatives for following rounds

25 Tam
22 Ethaniel
22 Hand
19 Hand
17 Marcus
16 Hand
14 Tippy
8 Iscarel
8 Ascaria
7 Beggars x3

Individual maps views will be linked. Don't look at others map links please.


Male Human DM/32

Edit#

Initiatives

18 Ethaniel


Male Human DM/32

There is a whistle from further along the lane from an unseen source.

Marcus:
You hear a whistle from down the lane. You see a number of heads peek around corners of buildings from behind barrels. One of them that you can see to your right, has a arrow knocked but isn't ready to fire.
Marcus View

Surprise Round - Marcus Initiative
Move or a Standard action allowed.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus sees the heads and notes the over eager archer.
AMBUSH. EVERYONE WITH ME! MOVE!

He Immediately dashes south to AB14, hoping his allies are smart enough to follow. The first rule of being in an ambush is get the Hells out of the killing area, thereby ruining all the archers line of fire.
FOLLOW ME!

Apollo in Guard move mirrors his masters move, staying on his heel.


Male Human DM/32

A voice breaks out over the ambient noise of the district.

"Ah crap, they seen us. Don't let them get away."

Another of the bandits ahead, loads a bow and aims at the party.

Ethaniel speaks having waited for another to make a call "With Marcus, keep together as best we can lest they pick us off." Ethaniel moves to follow Marcus.

Tippy:

Your surprise action (move or standard). You see one beggar ahead across the lane quite a way. Apart from that, you have heard Marcus yell 'Ambush, follow me.' The guy you were tailing, has gone around the other side of the building and you meant to cut down this side of the building to surprise him. You would expect him to be approximately around AB,5.
Tippy's View


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel:
Your surprise action now (move or standard action). Marcus and Ethaniel have moved away warning of an ambush. You too have seen one of the bandits hiding just ahead behind some barrels in an alley. The same one just yelled out to not let you escape.Iscarel's view


Male

Spoiler:
Can I draw a potion as part of my move action as I would a weapon?

Edit: PRD says yes to drawing easily retrievable objects as part of a move.

A vicious snarl mars the elf's features for but a moment, and his eyes dart to the alleyway behind him as his hands shoot into the folds of his shirt and retrieve a clay vial. He spares a glance to Ascaria and claps Tam on the shoulder. "Bel-aurauka." he mutters, removing a cork with his teeth and falling in behind the ranger and pressing against the wall of the nearby building, spitting out the cork and cursing. "Where is that damnable halfling?"

Move Action: Move to AC18 and draw a potion of protection from arrows (10)

Elvish:
"Quickly."


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel & everyone else

I have to say no. It clearly states that retrieving and item is a move action in itself. You would need a special potion belt or something as such to make it easily retrievable. As it stands you have a belt pouch and a normal belt (traveler's outfit). You would need to dig through to find the correct potion and then grab it. At no time have you specified that you have any special attire for such ease of use.


Male

Fair enough. I don't think belt pouches hold much, but it's not my call to make and move actions aren't that precious to me just yet. I've seen something of the sort around in one book or another the adventurers sash? I'll invest in one at the soonest convinience. Amending my action to just the movement.


Male Human DM/32

Awaiting Tippy' action. Tippy see spoiler above.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy, seeing Marcus already heading south out of the killing field and into this nicely defensible little courtyard, slips to the side (AN9) and hides himself, drawing a dagger from his belt as his move action.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 1 = 13


Male Human DM/32

Some of the ambusher who looking nothing more than beggars start moving along the street toward the group. They have weapons in hand and look as though they are ready to use them at a moments notice.

Surprise round complete

Round 1 :First round of full actions.

Tam, everything just very quickly became urgent. The ambushers got the jump on you yourself and some your party were already moving before you could realise the situation. Now however, you have come to your senses and are able to act.

Tam's Initiative:


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam sees the few approaching beggars but specifically the the potential sniper hide behind the barrels to the west [x1].

"Milady Ascaria... we must move from here now, hurry!"

Tam readies an action to follow Ascaria and shield her from any arrows fired at her as she moves... hopefully to cover.

Not much of an action but there are no attackers in melee range and even charging the foes he has spotted could not reach him or Ascaria. So not likely any incoming melee attacks. Too bad Tam still does not see the 6 beggars Ah well... guess he's going to get knifed flat-footed for his unwillingness to leave Ascaria unprotected.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel says to Marcus, "Do you see the one crouching behind those barrels to your right. He looks to have a bow ready."

Ethaniel moves to the wall near Iscarel and casts Bless. This buffs everyone except for Tippy.


Male Human DM/32

Edit# Andrezi initiative roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human DM/32

A bandit from up the alley leaps from his point of cover and looses his knocked arrow. His nearest target being Andrezi who is still a confused by the acceleration of hostilities.

Longbow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d8 ⇒ 2 vs AC17

Being too hasty in his attempt the bandit fumbles his attempt. Ref Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 DC10 to not drop weapon.


Male Human DM/32

The bandit that Ethaniel just mentioned pops up but it is a loaded crossbow he aims upon Marcus. Firstly, he moves away, keen not to get into bite range of the savage looking dog.

Crossbow attack vs AC18 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d8 ⇒ 4

Crit Fumble Ref Save DC10 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human DM/32

The bandits crossbow bolt slips it's seating and he misfires, panics and almost drops the crossbow.

Ethaniel has cast Bless upon his allies giving you an advantage in combat.

Initiative Order:

25 Tam
22 Hand
19 Hand
18 Ethaniel
17 Marcus
16 Hand
14 Tippy
10 Andrezi
8 Iscarel
8 Ascaria
7 Beggars x3


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Seeing the fool drop his crossbow, but also that Ascaria and Tam yet to find cover Marcus makes a decsion to protect his new friend and perhaps, his woman?

He yells to Ehtaniel and Iscarel, Kill that fool.

He takes the run action INTO the ambush, getting as close to W28 as he can, he sees the persuing archer in the middle of the street and yells, You are dead!!

Apollo follows seeing his Masters intent.


Male Human DM/32

Sorry, bad English. He passed his save and therefore doesn't drop the crossbow. Amended the wording.


Male Human DM/32

Please ensure you have your encumbrance listed on your PC profile. I need to know what move rates are.

Marcus, 80ft run gets you to W,28


Male Human DM/32

Marcus dashes down the alley, meaning to draw fire from all quarters to protect his companions. Apollo follows, still ready to guard his master.

As he runs by, one of the ambushers thinks it's all too grand that his quarry has run right by him and lets fly with an arrow just as Apollo runs to his masters side.

Longbow point blank shot vs Marcus AC17+4=21 (Soft Cover) 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 241d8 ⇒ 2

The arrow skillfully avoids the dog and hits it's target (Marcus).


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative:
Luck it would seem has seen one of the ambushers tactically move toward you, to open ground between himself and his quarry. Does he notice you though? Perception vs Stealth DC13 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 As he nears the corner, he looks over his shoulder after fumbling with his crossbow and notices his error when he sees your hungry eyes peering at him from behind the corner. Tippy's View Rd1


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Taking advantage of the fact that the man has no melee weapon readied, Tippy dashes forward to AL10 snatching a handful of dirt from the ground as he does and flings it into the man's eyes.

Dirty trick attempt: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
If that works, the man is blinded for 1 round, plus another round if the man's CMD is 14 or less. Tippy flicks his wrist to allow his spring-loaded wrist sheathe dagger to slip into his empty hand.

Dirty Trick link


Male Human DM/32

Your maneuver is successful Tippy. The bandit drops his crossbow and rubs at his eyes furiously, blinking trying to remove the debris in his eyes.


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi, following Marcus's lead, makes a dash toward the archer that just sent the arrow into Marcus. He attempts to jump the barrel providing cover to the bandit.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

He lands fluidly upon the barrels, now looking down upon his target with both daggers ready to slash, snarling in anger. "Your turn to bleed scum."

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"Go on, now. Pick it up, dead man," Tippy snarls, mocking his blinded foe.


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative:
Marcus's has yelled orders to kill the crossbowman across from you but Tippy has blinded him and you can see him rubbing his eyes. Marcus dashed off down the alley with Apollo. Andrezi then followed Marcus' lead and made a dash toward his foes. Iscarel's View Rd1


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Whoops! I just realized I meant AL11, not AL10. The 11 wasn't on my map for some reason and I misread it. He wants to be able to get an AoO should the man try to withdraw in any direction.


Male Human DM/32

I have stupidly left out one of my 'hands' in the initiative list. He has init 17 so will use his action now.

The stalker who had followed you from Larur's house joins in the skirmish. Seeing his accomplices making an attempt to take you all down he makes an attack.

Shortbow attack at Tam vs AC17 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 ⇒ 5


Male

"Confounded fool. Would he make up his mind?" the elf spits, exasperated. "Ascaria! Tell your dog to heel!"

He sinks his teeth into his potion, removes the cork and downs it, stepping forward to dash after the ranger, sparing a parting glance to the safety of the nearby alley. Downing Potion of Protection from Arrows (10) and 5-foot step to AB17. Duration: 3 hours.


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria's Initiative:
Tam is watching you and as many threats about you as he may. He urges you to take cover and is ready to cover your move. You can see that you are pretty much surrounded but thankfully, these bandits are having little luck with their attacks.
Ascaria's View Rd1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
Iscarel wrote:

"Confounded fool. Would he make up his mind?" the elf spits, exasperated. "Ascaria! Tell your dog to heel!"

He sinks his teeth into his potion, removes the cork and downs it, stepping forward to dash after the ranger, sparing a parting glance to the safety of the nearby alley. Downing Potion of Protection from Arrows (10) and 5-foot step to AB17. Duration: 3 hours.

Marcus laughs at the bards whining, as the elf tries to catch up, I am becoming fickle? I might make a good Calistrian yet!


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Although Ascaria had expected something to happen, she is still startled as the combat breaks loose like a sudden thunderstorm. One moment she was calming Blacky, the next thing she knows is arrows flying around and everyone shouting at her to finally find some cover.

Ascaria breaks from her inactivity like suddenly waking from a bad dream. She hustles to (R,17) into a nearby alleyway seeking cover behind a barrel there. Getting a momentary respite from immediate danger, she casts mage armor (duration: 2 hours) on herself.


Male Human DM/32

Tam, uses his Readied Action to cover Ascaria's dash.

Tam, which square do you wish to end in relative to Ascaria's position at R17.

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,500 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.