Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


101 to 150 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male

Alright, we're just waiting on one more until the surprise round ends, so unless directly involved in the conflict, Iscarel will continue playing.

"Sit down, gentlemen." he says, sneeringly, throwing a golden eye into the pot. "The game's only just begun."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Profession (gambler) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

and if necessary... Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My surprise round action was to draw my whip.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Your comment brings the gamblers back from their loss of focus and the game continues.

Loss:
Another bad hand, you loose your stake.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

GM AutoPilot (AP) rolling on your behalf.

Perception to determine awareness for surprise round
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Initiative Roll
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Qadira

Thanks I didn't realize I was in on this as well. Just let me know when Val is up.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Gday Val. You are aware and may act in this round if you care to. You notice Marcus hasten with Samson at heel toward the bar area and when you look toward the bar, you see one bar tender in the process of jumping the counter and another yelling out for help. One of the two bare chested exotically garbed bouncers appears torn between racing to help and staying with the prize chest.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Once Val has acted, can we get a map update


Male Human DM/32

You know it

Initiative Order


  • Thieves 21
  • Drunk 19
  • Bouncers 14
  • Marcus 13
  • Iscarel 11
  • Valius 11
  • Ascaria 8
  • Tippy 6

Just waiting on Val's surprise action okay everyone, then i will update map


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy (initiative rounds commenced)

You feel a bite on your arm, in the sleeve of your main hand arm, as though a critter were biting you.
Make a FORT save vs DC10 please.

The drunk, takes a step back and begins to cast a spell.
Make a WILL save vs DC14 please.


Male Human DM/32

GG Map Updated


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

You said:
All NPCs with Blue Halo's are Bouncers. The Dealers and croupiers are Red tokens. And you, the PCs have yellow halos.

I take it in the new map, enemies have red halos?


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Human DM/32

Correct, identified hostiles have a red halo.


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy

Your mark gains enough focus to cast a spell at you. You are overcome with fear and feel a need to flee from the caster for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds. The adept grabs the nearest bit of cloth possible and wraps his hand trying to stem the flow of blood.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Stealth 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 14

Tippy takes off at a run, weaving between patrons, trying to hide himself from the terrifying man who nearly ruined his life. Jail, prison, death! He had to get away!

He heads around the central dais towards area 12.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I don't see Ethaniel on the initiative order. My result was a 2, so I should be on the very bottom. Are we posting in order, or simply posting actions that are resolved in order?


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

My apologies Eth, I have you on my paper copy. You are at the bottom of the initiative list. As for the other query, i prefer initiative order but like i said, i'm new here so how is it done normally.


Male Human DM/32

@Valius

Still waiting on your surprise action Val


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

My preference is to post in order. I think it more clearly established "cause and effect" in combat, thus making the tactical side of the game clearer and more enjoyable. It does slow things down, however, so I understand why some games have players scatter-post, so to speak. I am fine with either method.

Qadira

Sorry FRI = 12 hour work day. 8-8

Surprise Round:

Val notices Marcus may be heading for trouble. He quickly draws his crossbow off his back as he gets ready to leave the table.

"Hope this is a false alarm, but better cover him just in case." he thinks to himself.

Action: Draw weapon.


Male Human DM/32

@All

Many attendees who had no idea there was any commotion become aware that something is wrong and start looking around for the source of the disturbance. The guard on the door at V,6 sees Valius draw his crossbow and his alarm calls heighten thinking that this situation could very quickly spiral into chaos.

Guard Beyar yelling wrote:
Tell Hans to hold the counter. I'll see to this business. (Grid AB,8)

Valius:
Be aware that any moment those in the private chambers will become aware. So if you need to keep on the down low with Gaedren, best keep that in mind.

Marcus, you're up

GG Map Update


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

SAMSON HEEL!
Looking at the bad guys and guards around h21, has anyone actually pulled a weapon yet? Or made threat of violence?
Also don't the thieves, drunk and bouncers all go before me?
As it stands, I haven't seen any actual fighting yet so I'd move to I19, Samson to J20. Drawing my Scimitar in 2hands as I go

What's the damn problem?

At last, Marcus had been itching for a fight all night. If these 2fools were making enough trouble they'd get the hilt of his Scimitar if they were just making trouble. If they were gonna make A LOT of trouble, then at least one was getting the Sharp end...


Male Human DM/32

Those of you in the bar area, see what appears to be fist fighting going on. The initial suspect got tired of being pressed for information and lashed out at the senior bouncer. As soon as that occurred, his mate from the bar ran over to flank the same target. The bouncers retaliated and the third bouncer who was watching from the hall got to move in to assist.

(I made the health bars visible so that you know who is taking hits.)

The thieves, bouncers and drunk have had their moves this round.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Well I can hardly go stabbing people for fist fighting. Same move as posted above, but I'll be taking a -4 to inflict non-lethal damage until I see them pull a weapon, then it's leathal all the way. He says the following after the move:
"BREAK IT UP NOW OR I'LL FEED YOUR BALLS TO MY DOG!!
Samson, ready to attack , snarls (aid another)

Intimidate1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

They don't respond to your threat of ball feeding at all. Did you wish to make an attack?

Qadira

Looks like Marcus has gone around the corner out of Val's sight. So (and especially if Val can here him yelling) he will move quickly across the room towards the bar.

Standing quickly Val starts moving from the table towards the back of the room. Gaedren all but forgotten as the young man moves to make sure his friend is not in trouble.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

.My move speed is 6squares. I had to move through 2diagonal squares (J15, I16), which cost 3squares (I'm believe the second diagonal costs 10ft) and leaves me with 3squares to be at I19. If I am wrong and can be at I20 Then I'll make an attack roll for non-lethal

Seeing mere threats aren't going to help, Marcus attacks with the flat of his blade, not wanting to kill an unarmed man, flanking
with the guard in H22
1d20 + 4 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 + 2 = 5

Samson, having had the speed to reach I21, makes a bite for the man's nuts! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

non-leathal Marcus1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damage Samson1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

S#!+


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

Unfortunately, your obviously not so use to this non-lethal type attack and you miss your flanked target. Flanked AC=14 PS. MapTools uses a measurement function so i will advise you if you require a double move to get to your desired location. This time it measured out fine.

Iscarel's initiative


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Ok


Male

Gotta say, I'm digging the way we're using maptools. This encounter is a bit of a clusterf@&@, but I wouldnt have it play out any other way.

He casts his solid-black eyes around the room, watching calmly as a room full of cutthroats reach for their weapons. He then turns his unnerving stare onto his opponents. "I... am leaving," he says, icily. "I suggest you gentlemen do the same."
Intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

He pulls himself up to his full height, but not before taking one last shot at the prize.
Sleight of Hand to snatch up the pot. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Satisfied, he uses his remaining move action to make for the door, hand on his weapon. He'll join Marcus in the top room.

Edit: D'oh! Using Intimidate like that requires a minute, so nix that check. Iscarel will make a sleight of hand ceck and a move action, without drawing his weapon.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Three of the contestants at your table seem to be unnerved enough not to watch the pot you are trying to grab but the dealer and one other remain attentive.

Dealer1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Gambler1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male

Curses! I assume that stops my double move dead in it's tracks. How do they react?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

A look of strange serenity comes to Ethaniel's face.

This is going very badly very quickly. Why do I relish it?

He looks after the fleeing Tippy, wondering if he will elude his attacker.


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

The dealer makes a reflex action to prevent you taking chips. Make a reflex Check vs mine to see if you grab any. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

dealer wrote:
Hey, you can't do that!


Male

Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Whatever he manages to snatch up. Iscarel will try to get lost in the crowd. I'll make a stealth check around the corner as part of that movement. Cashing his prize will be another problem altogether, so hopefully he can do so in the confusion.

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

I'm feeling rather unsportsmanlike, now that some time has passed. But hey, an elf has to get his kicks somehow. I'm sure I'll wrap my head around playing Chaotic Neutral in the coming weeks...


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Grab:
You manage to make away with 4 gold eyes and 3 silver teeth.

Well, you clear the table but anyone who wasn't initially aware of your grab for the goods is now and it seems you may have just off-sided each and every gambler at 'your' table. As you look back over your shoulder you see the rest squabbling over the remaining tokens and the dealer trying to regain order. In order to get to an unobserved location to use stealth you must move quickly so suffer a -10 to your result.

Collective Perception to spot your departure 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Human DM/32

@Ascaria

As Ascaria noted she would be afk for a few days i will play her action following her guidelines. Ascaria will aid the senior most bouncer who was the initial target of the thieves attack by casting Hex of Fortune granting him an increase chance to hit next opportunity. She then moves closer to the melee to prepare further caster support.

@Tippy
This is still the round in which you commenced your fearful flee. I have moved your character in a double move in the selected direction taking into account you are also trying to stealth into the crowd.


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel & Valius

Check:
Both roll a Perception check pls.

The main room erupts in a burst of blinding light.

Will Save from Ethaniel, Valius, Tippy please.

GG Map Updated


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Think I'm in the wrong square. I moved to I20 and the Dog was in I21 and we attacked the enemy in H21 (red Halo)


Male Human DM/32
Marcus Whiteshae wrote:
Think I'm in the wrong square. I moved to I20 and the Dog was in I21 and we attacked the enemy in H21 (red Halo)

Adjusted


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

THX, waiting for my next turn ;)


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Qadira

Off to work so just rolls in case you get time today for an update.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human DM/32

@Tippy & Valius

The save DC is 15 vs the visual spell effect, those who fail are blinded for 1d4+1 rounds.

Tippy 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Valius 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Blinded:
Blinded: The creature cannot see. It takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class, loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), and takes a –4 penalty on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks and on opposed perception skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Perception checks based on sight) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) against the blinded character. Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Since he's still running away from the drunk guy...
Acobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Oh sure, makes that check no problem...


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Will Save - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Sorry, I'm confused. Did Tippy take an action? Is it my turn?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I guess a more pertinent question is, does it look like the man attacking Tippy has been affected by the flash of light? Does it look like Tippy has gotten clear of him and out of sight? I'm assuming that Ethaniel can make note of these things, since he made the save.

If Tippy looks to be in the clear, Ethaniel is going to double-move towards the bar. If not, he's going to attempt to trip the man (who is hopefully blind).


Male Human DM/32

@Ethaniel

Yes Eth, its your initiative as Tippy is subjected to fear this round.

Drunks save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
The caster, focused on Tippy is one of the few who do resist the blinding light.

Ethaniel:
You are able to resist the blinding effect of the light and through the haze you can see that all but a handful within the room seem to have also resisted its effect. You do manage to locate the caster though and his friends. (Grid N,20)


Male Human DM/32

@All

The main gambling room erupts with shouts of panic all at once. People yelling and screaming, 'I'm blind', 'I cant see', 'What'g going on' and 'Someone help'. But all the cries melt together and everyone begins to realize that they are all in similar conditions.

Awaiting Eth's final decision

Qadira

"Marcus! I can't see! Help!" Valius cries as he rubs at his eyes to clear the colored spots clouding his vision.

Let me know when it clears. Valius also won't move to far until he hears Marcus's voice. Then he will try and head towards him.

101 to 150 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.