Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,500 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
Stealth says you can move a maximum of 15ft per move action while stealthed and you only take a -5 penalty to your check. So your stealth will be 36 but you only move 30ft this round. It says it's impossible to Stealth whilst Running, Charging or Attacking. As you are Invisible due to the Vanish potion, I would just make a run for it forgoing Stealth whilst the spell is still active. They need to Track you so the more distance you put between you and them the better. If you do this suggested action you will get to the Goblin's front doors where Grumm and Marcus are before they dogs can track you down.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Fair enough. Tippy just wants to get away.

As Grumm and Marcus are hanging out in front of the Goblin, they suddenly feel a rush of air slip past between their legs and Tippy's voice cry out, "Look out! Rabid dogs in coming!"


Male Human DM/32

Marcus and Grumm, I am assuming you would ready an attack action so just make an attack each for me please.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

DM_Waife:
I'm sure glad that I accepted the help! So Ascaria treats Ethaniel in the morning, but it is evening before the symptoms fade, correct?
"Thank you, Ascaria. You are the embodiment of kindness, and a true rarity in the cesspool that is Riddleport. Forgive my manners...I am not myself. If I recover from this malady, be assured that I will honor the debt I owe you." Gracious though his words may be, Ethaniel barely acknowledges the witch as he speaks. "I may lie down for an hour before I resume my duties, if you'll excuse me." The half-ef struggles to maintain his balance as he stands suddenly, but he manages to leave the room without toppling over.

Ethaniel wakes from his nap before noon, and makes his way down to the main hall. He downs a few more glasses of water before finding his position against the western wall. Although his eyes and ears remain sharp, his lingering fever is as obvious to those that watch him as it is to any who might hold their hand to his brow. Suffice it to say, he is not the imposing presence that he hopes to be.


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel:
As your next save was due in the evening, Ascaria was allowed to determine the disease and provide enough instruction or provide enough aid that your chance of fighting off the disease improves. So yes, the symptoms will be gone entirely 10pm this evening.


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage if hits: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 7) + 6 = 19

If Marcus is brooding, does that mean I'm giving him life advice? lol.


Male Human DM/32

@Grumm

That is a hit. I would say that you also have a +2 Attack Bonus for being higher than the dogs at the top of the stairs. You completely splat one of the mutts as it reaches you.


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

The dwarf takes his axe and readies an overhead slash to any dog Tippy has alerted on. One of the dogs comes in and Grumm severs the animal's body as if clean from the butchery. The state of his foe makes him laugh as he realizes the excitement is nowhere from over.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus hears the call and sees the dogs, as they move in his scimitar appears in his hand I assume I have sufficient time to draw before they get here
Hate to kill dogs, but they'll harm others if I go inside

Two Handed Attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria quickly recognizes the symptoms of the disease Ethaniel has contracted. It is nothing too bad and he will soon get over it. She hands him a couple of herbs.

"Here, chew these. Drink a lot and lie down for an hour. That should get you back on track." She smiles as Ethaniel thanks her stiffly and staggers out of the room.

She retreats to her room and spends an hour with Blacky preparing her spells.

Spells for today:

0: Daze Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance
1st: Cure Light Wounds, Ill Omen, Mage Armor

Afterwards, she goes to town trying to find some new customers for the goblin.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

That's a bad day for business :-)


Male Human DM/32

Marcus, that is a hit and a kill also. Only one mutt remains.

The remaining mutt makes a bite attempt at one of the dog chopping humanoids at the top of the stair.

Target 1d4 ⇒ 2 (1/2=Grumm 3/4=Marcus)
Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The remaining rabid dog misses and so you each get to make your next attack at it.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

While slow to switch focus, Marcus avoids the remaining dogs bite and now with both weapons in play, attempts to put the final dog out of it's misery.

TWF Primary Scimitar1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

TWF Secondary Cestus1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

Grumm comes in as well for a second blow to the remaining dog.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 2) + 6 = 16


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 - 1 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 1 + 20 = 38

Suddenly, Tippy materializes out of nowhere behind the remaining dog, a mangy, sickly looking thing.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15 against flat-footed
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4) = 7

Second attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 against normal
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Tippy attempts to bury his daggeres into the animal, his face a mixture of rage and fear.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Argh, I forgot to list my spells for the day.

Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Light

1st: Bless, Obscuring Mist
Domain - True Strike


Male Human DM/32

The final rabid k9 is attacked from all sides and is laid to an eternal rest. You find a a piece of twine about its neck with a tag and upon the tag was the name 'Mitzy'.

@Marcus

Knowledge: Nature check please.


Male Human DM/32

Profitability AutoPilot Rolls for Iscarel

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perform 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Profession Gambling 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human DM/32

Sauls Management Check vs DC20 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 1 = 21

Considering the week you've all had, the Goblin manages to break even and is able to pay all it's staff. No bonus this week in your pay packet but at least everyone gets paid their proper wage. Good work. Larur takes the news to Saul after doing the preliminary balances for the week and Saul seems pleased and takes the figures to go over them himself.

As Larur calls you in he is in a bright mood and says, "Continue the good work here and we shall continue our progress toward fortunate times."

Each add your wage of 10gp to your purse.


Male Human DM/32

Weather check Moonday 1d100 ⇒ 87

Today, the Goblin is to reopen and is more than ready to proceed. The weather however is not as good as Saul might have hoped but hopes that if the downpour continues into the night, that those wanting to stay in doors, choose the Gold Goblin as their venue. Of course, reopening at noon they expect those who are owed payouts from the 'Cheat the Devil' tournament will turn up in droves not long after the doors are set to swing.

Saul, "Now, this is a critical time for us, we need to turn on all our charm to try and get those with writs to come in and gamble away that coin. Remember, I promised 110% value of their chips from the tournament which most will be quite happy to take and walk with. If this happens then last weeks hardwork will be for naught, that is unless you have more tricks up your sleeves to increase the revenue to counter the losses. I'll say no more for now but remember, this is your primary goal this day. The doors open at noon, I expect today that you all pull double shifts due to the unusual circumstances. Be here at the reopen for a four hour shift then be back by seven for another."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Knowledge: Nature1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human DM/32

Exposure checks 5% chance (1-5 Exposed)

Marcus 1d100 ⇒ 1
Grumm 1d100 ⇒ 47
Tippy 1d100 ⇒ 58

Marcus 1d12 ⇒ 6

Marcus make a Fort Save please.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Fort.Save[dice]1d20+5[/ooc]


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"Certainly, Saul." Ethaniel replies. "Looking forward to it." The half-ef seems much better this morning; his balance has clearly returned, and the cold sweat he wore on his brow yesterday is absent.


Male Human DM/32

Lets assume that at least one of you Intimidate skilled players and one of you Diplomacy skilled players is on the door with at least one of the newly recruited bouncers. Who will be on during the first shift from noon till four?


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus will pull a shift on the door for intintimidate and use Samson as an aid to the job


Male Human DM/32

Please use your skills in crowd control to make sure all those who are arriving with writs remain orderly and calm. DC15


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria volunteers for the intimidation part on the second shift.
Btw: The spells prepared today are the same as yesterday.


Male Human DM/32

That's fine Ascaria, if you like you can make an Initimidate check now and I will hold it over till needed.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Intimidate1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Crap. Marcus could have Samson bar up to help quell visitors


Male Human DM/32

Make the appropriate handle check then. Success grants a plus two but that will still fall short. I will get an npc to lastly try an assist.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus will hold the leash tight and command 'attack' (just to get him to fire up) and 'down'

Handle animal dc 10 attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Handle animal dc 10 down1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel stands leaning against the back wall, constantly surveying the room and making no effort to hide it.


Male Human DM/32

NPC assist check.

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Unable to back you up effectively, Andrezi's attire just seemed to stir up the few unruly amongst the line, even more.

Unruly individual in line, "What, haven't we waited long enough for our bloomin coin. Hurry up you prats, let us in already, what's taking so long. Tighten up the leash on your mutt aye, it damn near bit that codger there."

He is making no effort to conceal himself, he chides and harasses the bouncers without fear.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus being the only one of his group on shift, wishes Iscarel was around.
He tells the bouncers to stay at thier posts, but sends one to look for the bard or Ethaniel or Ascaria, then directs his comments at the speaker, but loud enough so the crowd can hear.

Listen, I'm only doing my job so here's 3 facts. 1. It was unfortunate that thieves attempted to steal the prize the other night, but those of you who saw it know it was ME and the Mutt and my sword that delt with them, so you know how we look on trouble makers.
2. If you remain patient and wait in line not only will you get your money, those who wish to remain and enjoy the Goblin will have a night of drinking and gambling and sport to remember.

Marcus walks over to the speaker, his cestus hand clenched and the other holding the leash.
And 3. Any man who chooses to not be resonable and patient will find himself on his ass and forefiting his refund to the man behind him in line.
He leans in close, If you want to test what I'm saying, speak again, I dare you

Marcus figures the best method of crowd control is to make an example of this one. He knows the way people think. They're like dogs, if they don't know whose boss, they'll run over you. Be bigger and stronger and get them cowed and they'll follow command.
As soon as Marcus moves close to the speaker, he redies an action to attack for damage. If this man so much as opens his mouth once the ultimatum is delivered, Marcus will attempt to knock the man out and give his reciept to the man behind the talker. Judging by the reaction to violence from the crowd the other night, they'll likely make room while they fight it out.

If the man doesn't immediately comply, 1 hand cestus attack vs human fe1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

If the man surrenders, Marcus will immediately cease his attack and demand his receipt go to the man behind


Male Human DM/32

The man backs down immediately as the other bouncers also puff up and move to back up their companion. The line moves forward in an orderly and non-abrasive manner. As the now quelled trouble maker reaches the door he gives a nervous nod to Marcus and looks back to the front again. Andrezi smiles at Marcus who remains emotionally stoic and continues monitoring the customers in line.


Male Human DM/32

The day shift is pulled off without any issues due to Marcus's firm words and example setting and back up from his fellow security team. Most of the recorded writs from the tournament are cashed in and only a few remain to be cashed most likely in the evening shift.

Ascaria's watch over the attendees on the evening shift also goes quietly. Those who attempt to cause any commotion are quickly and effectively put right or asked to leave without incident ensuing.

Those of you inside on the evening shift, please make a Sense Motive or a Perception check.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Human DM/32

Tippy:
Tipster, you spot a group of four guys acting rather suspiciously waiting around to have writs cashed. They keep looking at the documents nervously as they wait to cash them in.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy slips into the crowd to find Marcus or anybody else from their group who's on duty. "I think we have a group with some forged or stolen writs," he whispers to that person, pointing out a quartet of nervous-looking men.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus would either be walking the room to provide a presence or spotting from the rafters, to watch the patrons and keep an eye on the crazy dwarf. DM, does Tippy find any of us? I'm ready to post but i think I may have taken a fair bit of spotlight.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Since Tippy tossed out Perception, I'll try Sense Motive.

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Once Tippy's given the word, he start slipping through the crowd to get to the main entrance, ready to cut off their escape.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Male

Sorry about the delay, folks. My professors seem to be conspiring to put all of my essays in the same two weeks. I've got one more to wrap up over the weekend, which I found out just as I thought I was free and took a night off.

Iscarel has spent the day in quiet seclusion. He eats his breakfast quietly, picking his teeth with his dagger as he makes his way to the door. He spends the morning on a long walk, humming quietly in elvish and sparing a worried glance to the shadow in the sky before disapearring into the House of Silken Veils, eager for news from his kinsmen.

As he returns, he busies himself around the goblin, setting himself up at one of the croupier tables with his daggers in plain view.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel grimaces at the sight of Iscarel's daggers. Will that deter trouble, or promote it, I wonder? He reaches instinctively for the hilt of his own dagger, and clutches it tightly.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
Tippy Fullbottle wrote:
Tippy slips into the crowd to find Marcus or anybody else from their group who's on duty. "I think we have a group with some forged or stolen writs," he whispers to that person, pointing out a quartet of nervous-looking men.

Marcus looks to his small companion, We don't want trouble tonight, this needs to go smooth. Slink by the door, I'll grab the crazy dwarf and Ethaniel and ask about thier writs, if they flee or leave quietly, let them go. If it turns ugly, well, let's make it quick.

He watches the halfling melt into the crowd, grabs his scuffy pet (Garumm) and the dog too, along with Ethaniel, and approaches the men.

He could never manage a smile, but keeps his voice level and proffessional.
Good evening, Gentleman. I hope we're having a good evening. Is there any concerns with your writs?

Favored Enemy Sense Motive1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel stands a foot behind Marcus, but remains silent.


Male Human DM/32

DM:
Bluff Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

One of the men of concern replies but the nerves in his voice are obviously evident.

"The nights young but looks promising enough. As for my writ, it ahhh is just burning a hole in my hand, a bit tight on coin you see and we've been waiting too long for this redemption."


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy, seeing an opening, suddenly materializes next to the group.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"We've opened another writ redemption line, down around back by the bar, Marcus. You have some guys here itching to get gambling?"

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,500 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.