Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


901 to 950 of 2,500 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus casts a dissaproving look at the Dwarf at the absurd Dwarf lying on his ass, Either he's on pesh or dying addled his brain. What he hells just came from his mouth?!

He then looks down to the Tiefling, struggling with the Scimitar on his neck, Killed him with a head shot,aye? Don't answer that. If you move or speak, your head comes off

Keeping pressure on the blade, Ascaria, would you mind grabbing the Manacles off my butt-pack and cuff this demon. Maybe we'll have a substitute competitior for Saul after all, IF this one hasn't any way to redeem himself.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria raises an eyebrow at the dwarf's verbose introduction. "Well met Grumm Gaer. I am Ascaria de Vintre. If you were on your way to the Gold Goblin anyway, you might want to come with us as that is where we are headed."

Turning to Marcus she adds with a smile "Looks like there is someone who is at least as talkative as yourself." She chuckles and then retrieves the manacles and binds the Tiefling if he does not resist.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

At least? He then switches to broken elven

Elven:
I don't so much that I can't surprise you now and then, Dove


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel stares at Grumm. How does one respond to such strange language? "I...my...how interesting..." Looking back towards the tiefling prisoner, Ethaniel continues. Will we...will the gendarmes take issue with us bringing a this one back to the Goblin, bound?"


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy, who has been slowly and carefully sneaking about, whacks the tiefling over the head with his crowbar, knocking him unconscious. 1d4 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9 non-lethal.

"What? Some folks helping their intoxicated and passed out friend back to our flop so he can sleep off his bender? The gendarmes will thank us for not leaving him behind for them to throw in the tank."

He puts the crowbar away. "I'd say we're almost ready to leave, as soon as everybody here gets what they deserve..." Tippy resumes his hard looks at Iscarel.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus slings the unconscious Tiefling over his shoulder, Let's go. Iscarel, on the way back, would you know anyone who can take these extra armors and weapons off our hands atfair price?


Male

Tossing the purse aside and turning his back on the dwarf, Iscarel winces and gives the arrow one last tug, cursing under his breath in Elven, and prying it free, slumping against the wall in exhaustion. "Such dear friends I have to chide me on the finer points of morality with a thrice-damned arrow in my leg."

"Most of the pigmeat goes to Crooge, these days. Weapons and all. Bastard makes a killing off of the scrap." he says, without making eye contact. "Let me think... Grab the Dwarf and follow me."

Kn:Local to find the closest fence or armorer. (Taking 10 for 16)


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel cannot mask his scowl. "Has your wound not been sealed by the grace of the Savored Sting? As often as you invoke Calistria's name, why neglect to thank her for the arrow that did not fell you? Rail against us, but give respect to your Lady. She remembers slights better than any"

And have I been a good servant? Surely not. Ethaniel turns away, uncomfortably. Where does this bile come from? The half-elf grumbles quietly; gradually, his mutterings take on the lyrical nature of the Elven language.

Elven:
"I apologize, friend. I do not like to be ambushed. I will keep a better temper."


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

"No no no. Tried Pesh once. Did NOT like it. Horrible story, bro." Grumm says to Marcus.

He faces Ascaria. "Gladly, Milady."

He then annoyingly grins at Iscarel, for he knew he had won over most of the group.


Male Human DM/32

As your looting the bodies, healing up and knocking the tiefling back into a state of compliance, folks are sticking their noses out their doors or peering through their windows but no alarm is yelled out nor is help called for. You get back to the gate and the guards smirk as you approach and move to block your path.

"May I ask why you are carrying a body, albeit a demonsprog, that for all but the most discerning eye, looks to be dead."


Male Human DM/32

@Iscarel

Fence:
You are aware of a half orc armorer and supposed fence, operating across from the River Runner(23) called the "Twin Strike Smithing". Not sure who he fences for but being a half orc its most likely Boss Croat.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus not wanting a repeat of the incident at the Boneyard, remains silent and hopes Iscarel or Tippy can come up with a convincing lie. He stands tall, despite the weight, and readjusts his burden, keeping the manacles covered with his cloak.

Dead drunk actually, boss.

Just act like dumb muscle, let our snake oil salesman do the talking


Male Human DM/32

@Marcus

So are you remaining silent or saying that which is emboldened. I see no quotation marks so am I to assume that's your internal monologue.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Yep. He was gonna speak, but stopped himself. Wrong quote markings.


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

"He might be a demonsprog, but he's still a stand-up fellow, just a little misunderstood is all. Some losers in the Lub thought they could jump him, just cause of the horns, but we're bringing him home to get patched up. See, he's not dead." Tippy carefully lifts the tiefling's head to show he's still breathing.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Sigh. Thre must be a nasty tremor of nerves in his vice giving him away.


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

"Oh. Hey man. Name's Grumm." says the dwarf in an optimistic tone as he reaches out his hand for a shake.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel, seeming to take a cue from Marcus, stands looking forward and not saying a word. His focus seems to break as Grumm addresses the guards.


Male Human DM/32

"Ahh, hail to you Grumm. Why my friend are you you also smeared in blood?"

Sense Motive verse Tippy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human DM/32

"Very good of you master halfling. I tell you not many folks here would intervene in the lub let alone the city. Well hurry along then and get him tended to."


Male Human DM/32

The guards step aside and allow your party through so that you might get the injured tiefling some aid. (nicely done master halfling) As you gain enough distance Tippy no doubt receives some slaPs on the back for his deception. You look to Iscarel whom takes the lead to find a fence he once was aware of.


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

"Ehh... Rough day. This place is nuttier than Five Kings, and that's something. Long story short, These guys saved my a$$ big time."


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

As the party is barely out of earshot, Ascaria bursts into laughter slapping Tippy's back. "Master halfling, woohoo! See, he's not dead..." she says in a good-natured immitation of the halfling's trembling voice. "That guy would even have waved us through if the tiefling's head had come off." She smiles at her companions. "I have to say, I never expected to have such a good time with you lot."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus, glad everyone was ok and honestly, enjoying Ascaria's company, readjusts the tiefling again. Nice to see everyone enjoying themselves, his voice dripping with sarcasm and the scowl was back. Just for the record, I don't really intend to just give this tiefling to Saul. I'm bringing him back to question if that WAS just a mugging. Our drinks were spiked remember. Though this fool can fight well so he might put on a good show but he's still a person, scumbag or otherwise. I'm starting to think we should question him before we get back, then let the Gendarmes have him. Anyone else got a thought?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

"Yes. Well done, Tippy." Ethaniel nods in agreement at Ascaria's comment, but nervously checks over his shoulder to see if the guards are looking after the group. "On your words at the gate just now, and on your warning to us when the thugs were on our tail."

In response to Marcus's proposed plan, Ethaniel does little more than grunt. "Fine by me." As long as I don't have to do the handing off of the fool. Gendarmes...


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

"Well, back there, with all the excitement after the fight... I don't know, it sounded like a good idea to give him to Bojask. But you are right, Marcus. He still is a person and not an animal. The question is, however, if he will be treated better by the gendarmes. Demonkin are often met with outright hostility even by those who should know better. Maybe we could also try and win him over to our side? If he really was part of a scheme to get at us, chances are that he will be very susceptible to a little persuasion and a little more coin... Maybe Saul would be willing to hire him as a bouncer."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus smiles at the idea. Now THAT has merit. You are far smarter than I, pretty lady. Fine, lets offer this fool an even chance at redemption and if he cannot find a new path. Then the pit for him. Fair choice if I ever saw one.

Having decided to go along with Ascaria's plan, Marcus straightens under the load an makes a beeline for the Goblin, stopping only if Iscarel comes up with a fence so they could offload their spoils.


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

And what if he's a hopeless addict? What if he harbors resentment covered with a gracious lie? Will we want him at our backs? Ethaniel looks askance at Marcus and Ascaria, but does not voice his objection. Gendarmes are best avoided though. No friends of ours. No friends of mine...


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel looks back at the dwarf, then at Iscarel. What do we want with the stout one? None of us seem to know him from a bilge rat, but here he is along with us all the same. Maybe Iscarel fancies him another bouncer...but it sounded like he had a greater plan...

Elven:
"Iscarel. What do you intend with the dwarf, friend?
Ethaniel looks quickly at Grumm, suddenly wondering if the dwarf might be familiar with the Elven tongue.


Male Human DM/32

@All

Iscarel leads you to a place he believes to be a fence. Twin Strike Smithing fronted by a hulking half orc blacksmith roughly introducing himself as Woriuk upon meeting you. An imposing sight with an upper body forged by his hard labor he is short of word and quickly asks your business.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Just here to sell, friend. Maybe shop a bit as well. Here's what we need to offload:

Loot:

Tiefling had MW Heavy Flail (315gp), Scale Mail (50gp), 360gp. Junky had a Light Mace (5gp), Sickle (6gp), Leather Armor (10gp), Potion of Feather Fall (50gp).

Think you can help us out?


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Did we bring the unconscious tiefling inside with us?


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Yep. But if this dude is a fence that shouldn't worry him


Male

Elven:
"Me? I was happy to part a fool from his gold and leave him. It was these charitable ones that stayed my hand. Perhaps they wish to offer him work?"

"Amin? Amin valin varna a'kirma amada tuulo'ho malda a'kell. Lo kostale N'ndengina. Um ho'heta?" he says in a hushed tone... breaking into common. "Now that would be an act of charity." he says, shaking his head.

Elven:
"A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting."

As they step outside, Iscarel looks at the dwarf, seemingly acknowledging him at last. Elen sila lumenn omentilmo." he says, his voice laced with mock-politeness. "What hole did you crawl out of?"


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

"Oh me? Hole 78, North Eastern section, Druma district, Five Kings... near my aunt Zargi's place." Grumm replies with ignorant calmness, taking the question quite seriously.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

While the others show the loot to the half-orc, Ascaria takes a look at the weapons and armor on display. After a while a certain item catches her eye, small and half hidden under a large wooden shield. It is a fine sickle, with a five inch grip of dark wood. A quick test with her thumb shows that the blade is razor sharp. Now this would be a nice replacement for her old sickle which badly needed a sharpening anyway.

Ascaria takes the weapon to the shopkeep and pays for it from her own purse.

I'll say that this is the Mwk sickle from my shopping list. I figured it was a nice opportunity to explain where I got it from.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

As Marcus dumps the Tiefling on the floor and lays all the gear on the table, he notes the 360gp the tiefling was carrying. Tippy, could you check our buddy is not rousing and send him back to sleep if needed.

He counts out 72 gp for Ethaniel, Tippy, Iscarel, Ascaria and pockets 72 gp for himself.
Spoils. Now I say we flog the rest of the Muggers gear and split that. We can offer the demon his life and maybe a job but he tried to kill us so his gear is ours.
1/2 market value is 218, so 43each except Grumm

He then gives the dwarf a long look, You can keep your stuff and if the boss can stand your odd way of speaking and 'hygene' you may find some steady work with us. In any case you helped us out there so the first few rounds are on me.


Male Human DM/32

The half orc is happy to trade. He appraises the items and gives you his price. A reduced market value you are aware of but you had no sway with this fence yet, maybe in time you would find his appraisals more favorable but one would guess that all depends on your future business dealings. Furthermore, he doesn't even raise an eyebrow at your unconcious 'companion'. Business in Riddleport is quite black and white most times. Questions just bring trouble which isn't all that bad if your looking for it. You leave with the now almost naked unconcious Tiefling and heavier coin purses and make your way back to the Goblin.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Happy to be rid of the extra weight, Marcus buys 2 javelins with Ammentum straps for extra range and 2 chakrams, handing over the 4 gold.
Thanks. We'll no doubt have future business.
He quickly wraps the straps around his new ranged weapons and secures his Chakrams, then picks up the Tiefling and heads out.


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

"Thanks man. Work huh? Kinda need that"

At least some of those in this troupe muster up a scratch of decency...


Male

"I..." the elf opens his mouth to speak, his brow furrowing. "No, nevermind. My curiosity is sated."

Iscarel takes several long strides back towards the city proper, his good humour returning. "Onward, then! I could go for a good drink, and perhaps a tale or two as well. Do you know any songs, master dwarf?"


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

"Not really. I don't think dwarves have songs. My friend tells me we do, but it sounds more like the drunk talking... usually about beer and mining. Normal stuff."


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel touches the edge of his new chakram. Sharp. Good. He glances down at his new whip. And when have I seen such a fine weave of leather? Pausing a moment, he reaches into his backpack and pulls out his old whip. Henri's whip. Frayed. Rotting. Forgotten. Ethaniel winces noticeably. No! Never forgotten. Never.

A chuckle escapes the half-elf, but he stifles it immediately. As he stuffs the tattered whip back into his bag, his eyes dart around at his companions. His ears catch Grumm's reply to Iscarel. "I know nearly nothing of dwarves...Grumm, was it? I'll hear some telling, if you'll tell it.


Male Human DM/32

Back at the Goblin, Marcus finally off loads his passenger for the last time. Saul and Larur are about and you are able to give good news about prospective bouncers turning up tonight for their trial. The fact they were picked from the Lub was initially a surprise but soon enough the wisdom of the decision dawned upon Saul and commended your intellect and foresight. He looks forward to seeing who will show.

Larur is very interested in the new face accompanying the party and is quick to introduce himself, gripping the forearm of Grumm as he does so.

"Larur Feldin, born of the line of the Earthbeard Clan of the Mindspin Mountains. That's a mighty fine beard you have there .......?"


Male Human DM/32

Saul asks, pointing at the heap of unconscious mess on the floor "And what are we doing with this?"


Male Human DM/32

Ethaniel:
You aren't feeling so well this afternoon. You begin to feel slightly ill and gain a slight fever. Make a Fort Save please.


Male Dwarf (Ancient Enmity, Lorekeeper, Deep Warrior) Barbarian (Invunlerable Rager) 2

Grumm is conflicted of seeing another dwarf. So far, encounters of his own kind have rarely been nice. He sizes Larur out of instinctive skepticism.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Hey man. Grumm of the Gær merchants. Southwestern Druma."


Male Human DM/32

Grumm:
His welcome is open and genuine. He seems tired and otherwise preoccupied but his eyes always seem to wander to the bar when its in view. Like now. Sense Motive vs you 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Larur responds, "Gaer Merchants you say? Druma, boardering the Five Kings old country. Let us grab some fine dwarven ale and talk a while. I would learn of your travels that brought you to Riddleport."


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7
DM_Waife_the_BiPolar wrote:
Saul asks, pointing at the heap of unconscious mess on the floor "And what are we doing with this?"

He was part of the group that attacked us. Junkie or not and I think not, he fought with enough skill to down the Dwarf who seems to know what he's doing and was ALMOST good enough to beat me until I found a hole in his guard. He's likely the equal of any who show tonight and a guard with horns and fangs would have ALOT of presence. If we can make him an offer and be satisfied with his word, he could be quite useful.

Or maybe the pit could have a new Champion, if he'd rather, but be certain Saul I didn't bring him here to just kill him. We can let the Gendarmes have him if he's useless. Plus we should question if he was ordered to attack us. We were being watched in the Lub and I'm pretty sure our drinks were spiked.

He part said, Marcus waits to see if anyone has something to add and Saul's reply.


Male Human DM/32

Saul, "Well, can we at least have some fun with this. Lets take him down to the pit and then wake him up to make the offer. Perhaps the dank surroundings below will convince him to cooperate. Any objections?"


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Mess with his head if you wish but no torture. Any answers under that are likely just what you want to hear anyway. Iscarel might be creative enough with words to achieve what is needed.

901 to 950 of 2,500 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.