Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Magister Ludi's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Gordon the Whale

In the barren wastes of the Brazen Peaks, secrets await those brave enough to find them.


901 to 920 of 920 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

HP: 16, AC: 13 (T:13, FF:10), F: +2, R: +6, W: +4, Per: 7, Init: 3

Felliped stands back while Dashki moves in to finish the snake. He looks around at his companions to check for wounds. " You weren't looking so good Dross, how are you feeling? " Seeing that everyone is ok, and after Daski is finished with the snake Felliped has a look around the building.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

At the edge of the dune sea, mid morning, 24th Desnus, 4711:
Ali wrote:
"My friends! " Shouts Ali, gesturing with one hand while he maneuvers the camel with the other. "We have reached the end of the dunes! By sunset we will be to our next stop! " Skillfully drawing his camel up next to Felliped and Theodric, Ali's gleaming white teeth flash though his beard. "It's going to get hotter soon, and the rest of the way will be though several rocky hills. We should stop of a few moments and let our mounts water before we continue. " Swinging one leg off of his camel Ali retrieves a waterbag from his saddlebag and starts to fill it with some of their precious water, before slipping it over the head of his mount. "I'm sure you have all heard that camels can survive for weeks off its store in the desert, and that’s true, but there is no reason if we have the water to force the noble beasts into hardship. " Half smiling at the antics between Zafira and Theodric. "Well some are noble at least. Regardless, before we go further, if you have brought with you any armor or weapons, I would keep them close at hand. Now that we have moved away from the desert, bandits and wild animals are far more common. It will be hot and uncomfortable wearing layer upon layer, but I assure you that it will far more comfortable than an arrow to the chest. " As if to emphasize his point Ali begins digging around his saddle bags only to withdraw a pitted and dented breastplate. Slowly and methodically strapping it on, he then tests each buckle and strap making sure that it fits correctly, once he is done he hangs his Falchion across his back and then begins to check over his mount. "It is better my friends to be prepared, and not need it, then to need something and not have it. Let me know if you need help looking to your mounts, you especially Theodric. Ha Ha Ha "

" It's going to get hotter? " Felliped asks as he dismounts rather ungracefully. He follows Ali's example, watering his camel and takes out his chainshirt, pulling it over his head and checking his weapons. He takes a sip of water for himself.


Hp: 15/21; AC:15/10/15; Perc +7; Init +0

"Still looks green in the gills. Hmmm. Let me see the wound site for a moment."

Heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Valik works on the wound for a few moments, pulling items out of his pack, massaging the wound site and moving Dross's limb around.

"Well you will live." he says brushing off his hands as he looks around the room.

Was the snake on a straw bed? Can we arrange the snake so its wounds aren't immediately visible?

"Dashki, do you think the dogs were using the snake as a guard animal, or are they too hard to train? Also, do you think this town has sewers?"


Game Master

Dross nods weakly. "I think it's done now. The wound don't hurt at all, guess the potion took care of it. I just sort of ache all over." He has saved against the poison now, he's at his current max hp, but he took some Con damage.

The building appears to be more-or-less empty. The pile of jumbled rocks and wood in the corner is covered in dried white snake droppings and a gigantic shed skin, now mostly in tatters. You don't see anything else of interest or value. It would be possible to move the snake back into the rubble pile, so that the body wouldn't be immediately visible at the door.


Dashki snorts and shakes his head, eyes watching the entrance and various areas of collapsed walls. "Nah, snakes ain't smart like some animals. Eat anythin' what moves, they will. No friend of the Kulldis, that's for sure. Might be they let it alone, hope it eats intruders. Us, say. Feed prisoners to it now and again, might be." In response to Valik's question about the sewers, he chuckles a little. "Why, you gotta go? Nah, no sewers. Ground's too hard, and it weren't ever that big a city anyways. Not much rain in these parts neither." He spits.


Game Master

@Ali, edge of the dune sea, midmorning, 24 Desnus, 4711:
As you and your companions pause to drink, you sees a telltale smudge on the northeastern horizon: a sandstorm! Watching it for a few moments, you estimate that it is headed in your direction, and will reach you in five to ten minutes. Although you are at the edge of the highlands, the winds will carry sand aloft for some time after leaving the desert, and though the hills are rocky, there is enough grit to make your life very unpleasant, so the danger is still real. Your camels cannot outrun the storm, you know, though they might take you far enough that its effects are diminished. Running the camels on the rough ground risks one of them falling, however. The hills are full of caves, but the only one you know of in the immediate vicinity is south along the edge of the sand, in the direction of the advancing storm, almost a mile distant.

A gentle breeze blows past, and then it is still. The calm before the storm, as they say. You must act, and quickly.

Scarab Sages

Human Ranger (Infiltrator) 2 AC 18/12/16 / HP 22 / F +6 R +5 W +1 / Init. +2 / Perc. +6)

At the edge of the dune sea, midmorning, 24 Desnus, 4711:

As Ali finishes watering his camel and he makes ready to mount the lumbering beast he briefly looks towards the horizon before his eyes snap back up to the north east. "Felliped! Theodric! Ali sharply commands, pointing with his hand towards darkening blur on the horizon. "There, to the north-east! A sandstorm! Quickly my friends, mount and follow me. There is not a moment to lose. Running a hand though his beard, Ali scans the area before nodding to himself. "I know of a cave not far from here that we can weather out the storm, but it is at least a mile off, and we may not reach it before the storm hits us. We must move very quickly." Putting action to word Ali mounts his camel and begins to guide the beast with a heightened sense of urgency directly into the path of the oncoming storm.

Goddess, I pray, be with us now!

Grand Lodge

HP 15, AC 14/Touch 8/Flat-Foot 14, Fort 4/Ref -2/Will 7, Perception +8, Init -2

At the edge of the dune sea, midmorning, 24 Desnus, 4711:

"By the Golden Fist of Abadar!"

Theodric's eyes grow wide as he notices the large cloud of oblivion flying in their direction. Although inexperienced in the desert, awkward silences in the face of impending doom spell disaster in more than just one context. He tries to stay composed as he turns his camel to follow Ali.

"Zaphira, this isn't just about me anymore! Run!"

Surprisingly enough, Zaphira seems to react well to the situation, with some level of natural instinct combined with a broken will guiding her actions.

The clanging of pots, cups, and other objects hanging down from the side of Zaphira are now making quite the ruckus. Theodric pulls the turban out from the breast of his robe and slowly ties it around his face.


Hp: 15/21; AC:15/10/15; Perc +7; Init +0

"Well. It was a thought. Let's move the carcass back onto the rubble and press on."

After moving dead snake for a few minutes, Valik pauses. "Dashki, did you see if any of the buildings across the street have a way to the top of the cliff? From the roof maybe?"


GM rolls:
patrol: 1d10 ⇒ 4

Dashki slinks over to the door and looks out, remaining concealed from outside observation. "Cliff's about fifty foot to the road, then thirty more. One building is two story, roof is maybe... thirty foot up. Twenty foot left to climb. Rock is rough, broken. Any of you a climber?"

Dark Archive

HP: 16, AC: 13 (T:13, FF:10), F: +2, R: +6, W: +4, Per: 7, Init: 3

At the edge of the Dune Sea, Mid Morning, 24 Desnus 4711:
Felliped's eyes flash with fear, he clambers up onto his camel struggling into the saddle even as it begins to trot after the others. " Hiya, Hiya! " he yells urging the beast to mow quickly. Felliped flops about with the camels rolling gate.
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Ride: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

HP: 16, AC: 13 (T:13, FF:10), F: +2, R: +6, W: +4, Per: 7, Init: 3

Felliped finishes helping Valik arrange the snakes corpse and collects his sword." Not really, " he replies to Daski, " though I'd probably manage it safely enough with a bit of rope. "


Game Master

Dross, still looking a little pale, digs around in his pack and pulls out his trusty grappling hook. "How's that?"


Hp: 15/21; AC:15/10/15; Perc +7; Init +0

"Perfect. Lets see if we can get this to work. Felliped, you go up, get the rope tied off, then we can all climb the rope after you. We get easy access to the upper level. Since everything down here is ruined, we should go and see what we can do up on the top level. There might be an opportunity there that isn't down here."

"Dashki, please lead us to the building that has the intact second floor."


GM rolls:
1d10 ⇒ 3

Dashki leads the party across the rutted road to a large, two-story building (Building 3). A faded sign above the door, now loose on its hinges, along with the stables alongside (Building 4) suggest that it was once a common house. As the party slips inside, the impression is confirmed. Stools are scattered about and tables are upended, but the spacious room was clearly once a sort of tavern, and a dimly lit stairway in the back leads to an upstairs hall with rows of rooms on each side.

There don't appear to be any stairs going up to the roof. Dashki whispers, "Have to go out a window, reckon."


Game Master

Travis, looking out the single grimy window at the north end of the hall, says, "What about that building over there, past the stables? (Building 5) It looks taller than this one."

Dashki's not being misleading here... I just didn't look at the map carefully enough.


Dashki joins Travis at the window. "Taller, aye. But farther from the cliff. Cliff's higher there too. Have to jump to the cliff from that one. Got a grapplin' hook though. Might do." He shrugs.

Dark Archive

HP: 16, AC: 13 (T:13, FF:10), F: +2, R: +6, W: +4, Per: 7, Init: 3

" Do you think that would be easier? I don't really like the idea of swinging towards a cliff on a rope... " Felliped looks more than a little worried about the climb.


Hp: 15/21; AC:15/10/15; Perc +7; Init +0

"Lets try it. If it turns out to be too hard, we will back off and find another way. I want to make sure that we are in fighting strength for gnolls, rather than getting hurt climbing some rocks."

"Besides, it might be fun. Just don't scream when you jump for the cliff."

"Wait a second, if Felliped takes the rope with him when he swings to the cliff, how are we going to climb up too?" Valik asks, perplexed.

Dark Archive

HP: 16, AC: 13 (T:13, FF:10), F: +2, R: +6, W: +4, Per: 7, Init: 3

" Why don't we knot the rope and tie it off to something on the building? That way we could all shimmy up it. Should we head over to the taller building then?" Once the group gets to the top of buiding 5 Felliped asks for the grappling hook and attempts to catch it on the cliff edge.
Grappling hook throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Not sure if there's any range modifiers? -2 for 20ft?
Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Hp: 15/21; AC:15/10/15; Perc +7; Init +0

Valik watches the attempt to scale the cliff pensively, wincing at every clink of steel on stone.

901 to 920 of 920 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Magister Ludi's Legacy of Fire, book 1: Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.