Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Khel's Treacherous Waves PbP Gameday VI (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 429 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

dot

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dual-Cursed Oracle 4
Misfortune Targets:
Red Shark
HP 31/31 | AC: 22 (FF:21 T:12) F: 4 R: 3 W: 5 CMD 15| Spells 1: 4/6, 1: 3/4 Quibble 0/1, Instant armor 2/2, Possessed 1/1; Init: +1, Perc +1, SM + 1

.


.dot

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft
Shifty wrote:
.dot

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

The summons to the Grand Lodge of Absalom came as no surprise, as much of the Pathfinder Society’s work is conducted there, and many missions launch from its halls, whether by magical or mundane means of travel. It was a bit odd that the note was signed ‘Zahra’ but no one by that name greeted or briefed the summoned Pathfinders on their arrival. Instead, the motley crew of Pathfinders is led, promptly and without ceremony or even introductions, to an unadorned basement room. Several stacks of crates are shoved out of the way, and a Seeker Pathfinder points to a circle on the floor, gesturing impatiently for everyone to stand within.

A disorienting blink of an eye later and the Pathfinders find themselves in a remarkable setting – in a large, well-appointed carriage, floating through an endless expanse of shimmering blue water! A giant turtle is harnessed to the front of the carriage, dutifully pulling it toward some unknown destination, and a bubble of air seems to surround the vehicle just behind the great creature’s flippers, allowing surface dwellers to breathe and converse.

Please take a moment to introduce and describe yourselves.

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft

The flaxen haired Ulfen shieldmaiden of celestial heritage instinctively touches the pommel of her sword upon arrival, as if concerned by potential treachery or ambush, but then relaxes.

Her full-plate is of quality manufacture and adorned with small golden cherubs, close inspection reveals the angelic wings on the tiny creature are all razor sharp. A holy symbol on a silver chain proclaims her as follower of Ragathiel.

"What is this place, and what is this strange magical conveyance?"

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

An ifrit walks in, almost in slow motion. He tosses his flowing red locks away from his face before he speaks. "Yea, this is a weird scene man." He is dressed in a well maintained shirt made of pure mithral worn over a courtier's outfit. A holy symbol with a butterfly engraved into it marks him as a follower of Desna.

The Exchange

HP 18/23, AC 14, t13, ff11, saves F 1, R 9, W 2; bab 1 (melee 4, ranged 4), cmb 2, cmd 16, init +3 kitsune rogue/2, investigator/1 | -6
skills:
acro 12, apprs 7, bluff 8, climb 5, craft: alch 8, diplo 9, dd 10, disguise 9, escap 8, k dung 7, k eng 7, k hist 7, k local 7, ling 7, perc 10, prof: sailor 5, sm 7, slt of hand 9, stealth 10

A young lad of tien descent reports with the others, and steps tentatively into the circle... He'd had a similar experience once before, stepping through the wrong gate at home and arriving in the Varisia in the blink of an eye. Still when he suddenly appears in a carriage floating behind a sea turtle, he's so shocked, he loses his grip on the shape he'd taken and reverts to vulpine humanoid form, he fox-like features evident.

"Oh, my! That was....oooh look! fishes!" He points to a school of fish nearby, excited by everything he sees. Then he looks at the others, blinking his large golden eyes slowly as he examines each one. "I'm Seijiro... who are you people? We didn't really get a chance to meet at the lodge."

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

The tiefling looks around at the others with almost contempt in his eyes. He hated meeting strangers, wasn't fond of water, and certainly didn't fancy a turtle's bilge filling his nostrils. "Perhaps some sort of warning next time would be more acceptable," he grumbled, pulling out a kerchief to cover his nose and mouth.

He didn't have any apparent armor, and not much in terms of weapons. He did carry a large spellbook hat the others would no doubt recognize as common among the more arcane focused spellcasters.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dual-Cursed Oracle 4
Misfortune Targets:
Red Shark
HP 31/31 | AC: 22 (FF:21 T:12) F: 4 R: 3 W: 5 CMD 15| Spells 1: 4/6, 1: 3/4 Quibble 0/1, Instant armor 2/2, Possessed 1/1; Init: +1, Perc +1, SM + 1

Oddler presents a sort of off-putting yet alluring presence. He has long flowing rainbow colored locks flowing out from behind his distinctive swirled mask, belonging to the Hellknight Order of the Godclaws' signifer corps adorned in an extremely high quality blue and black silk dress with 5 platinum holy symbols and silver jewelry adorned with emeralds with a high quality Cold Iron Mace hanging from his side.

My name is Oddler...Archivist and Cleric in the service of my good and perfectly normal friend Kreighton Shaine. This situation is curious. You people are curious. What do you suppose is so important they'd subject us to this inhospitable plane?

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"Name's Jax. Follower of Desna. Drink it in man."


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

A school of miniscule fish, shimmering like molten silver in the diffuse light, swirls around the carriage and its flippered engine. The school is vast, larger than any creature, as large as a thunderhead looming over the horizon, yet it flows so quickly it leaves the eye nowhere to focus and disorients even so steady a mind as Molos’.

Knowledge (planes), DC 15:
There is little doubt you are travelling on the Elemental Plane of Water.

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Know. Planes 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Well, I've never done any planar travel before, so there's that. I do believe we are on the elemental plane of water. And I didn't even bring a swimsuit," he says from behind his kerchief.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

After pleasantries, introductions and planar ponderings are exhausted, the Pathfinders lapse into silence, entranced by the hypnotic swirl of passing fish and the occasional dark shadow of something large and ominous swimming by in the distance. After some time, a broad coral structure dozens of stories tall emerges from the boundless sea. A steady stream of submersibles dock and depart, while dockworkers unload goods and carry them to carefully protected glass tunnels. Water mephits swim and flit about, surveying the new arrivals. The turtle-drawn carriage swims up to one of the tunnels. As the carriage’s bubble of air meets the tunnel’s mouth, fresh air flows into the carriage, carrying with it the smell of fish.

Within the glass passage, an elf with teal hair, webbed fingers, and gills stares out at the sea. As the turtle comes to a stop, she raises her pale blue hands in an unfamiliar greeting. A golden wayfinder is secured tightly to her wrist, and a pair of long coral daggers is strapped to her back. “So, she actually did it,” the elf comments, tilting her head and giving a small smirk. “I had heard Zahra was threatening to summon agents to investigate what happened, but I thought it might merely be bluster to save face. Still, whatever cause has brought you here, you are welcome in our city. I am Lileone Blacktide, and I wish you luck, but I warn you that there is no culprit for you to find beyond Zahra herself.”

And we're off! Still looking to grab a sixth player, will post in Flaxseed tomorrow if I haven't heard from nightdeath.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle () 1/ Sorceror (Crossblooded Draconic/Stormborn) 3 | HP: 21 /28| AC: 14(22)/14/11|Init: +3| Perc: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +3| Will: +4| CMB: +3| CMD: 16| Q.Staff: +3;1d6+3| Ray:+3|
Skills:
Acro: +3| Appraise:+1| Bluff:+7| Climb:+2| Diplo: +7| Fly:+6| Inti: +7| K.(Arc/Nat): +6| K.(His/Pla/Reli): +5| Linguis: +2| Ride:+6| S.M:+0| Spell:+5| Stealth: +3| Survial:+5| Swim:+6|UMD: +7|

This is nightdeath. Will fill up this Char's bio asap. I'm at work. Unless yo need a heavier hitter? This is a level 3 sorc.

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"Yea, we don't really know why we're here. So care to fill us in? Who is Zahra?"

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

"Yes, we are mostly in the dark here. How can we be of service? Obviously we are from the Society as well.:."

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle () 1/ Sorceror (Crossblooded Draconic/Stormborn) 3 | HP: 21 /28| AC: 14(22)/14/11|Init: +3| Perc: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +3| Will: +4| CMB: +3| CMD: 16| Q.Staff: +3;1d6+3| Ray:+3|
Skills:
Acro: +3| Appraise:+1| Bluff:+7| Climb:+2| Diplo: +7| Fly:+6| Inti: +7| K.(Arc/Nat): +6| K.(His/Pla/Reli): +5| Linguis: +2| Ride:+6| S.M:+0| Spell:+5| Stealth: +3| Survial:+5| Swim:+6|UMD: +7|

She steps into the area obvioulsy late but with her bearing proud, her white tresses flow down her dark skin indicating her Mwangi Heritage. Her white eyes gaze around as if unsure before spotting the rest of the party and she slowly taps her way towards the rest of you with her staff in rapid succesion beating a constant rythem.

This newcomer is beautiful though there seems to be slight cackle of electricity about her person and a slight sense of Ozone.

Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"Greetings I am Kala Thelas. I'm afraid I wasn't given much of a briefing before I was encouraged to step through." she says the last in a wry tone.

"I would be grateful if you could actually tell us who is Zahara and exactly what is going on here that we'd be thrown into this place without a clue." she bows.


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

“Zahra is one of us, a Pathfinder agent, and a senior one, somehow,” the sea elf replies. ”A week ago, Zahra set out on an expedition towards a sea of jellyfish known as the Lambent Bloom. She believed she had made an incredible discovery: the remnants of one of the lost elemental lord Lysianassa’s servants, which might still hold a fragment of Lysianassa’s power. I was skeptical of her claims, but I joined her. If there was any chance she was correct, I thought it was worth investigating. I should have thought better of it. Not two days into our journey, Zahra steered our caravan too close to a patch of the Carmine Scourge, a poisonous red algae that drifts through the plane on the tides. They say it blooms in places where the elemental lord Kelizandri has passed, and it certainly shares his hunger.” Her eyes darken as she recalls the events, ”It sprung upon our caravan as if drawn by a magnet, sending everything into chaos and killing most of our precious whale sharks. Several members of our expedition are still violently ill, and I only survived myself because I was scouting when the incident occurred. Worse yet, though we managed to escape, the algae clung to us as we fled back to Vialesk. It broke off and settled among the coral reefs, and now the reefs have begun to die.”

With just the slightest roll of her eyes, Lileone continues, “Zahra has managed to convince herself some great conspiracy is to blame, rather than her poor navigation decisions and her inability to listen to anyone else. I have no doubt she truly believes she’s innocent; she has always been stubborn and arrogant, and it has always led her into trouble. The Society may have overlooked her errors in the past due to her superb mind and her talent for damage control, but this time, I will not allow them to slide. I warned her that the waters ahead didn’t seem right to me, but she couldn’t be troubled to listen. She has no excuse for the damage she has done and I will see to it that she is held accountable for her negligence. I look forward to your attempts to prove me wrong.”

At Kala’s gracious words, Lileone’s frustrated tone softens and she says, ”Forgive me, I should not let my irritation with Zahra affect my behavior so. I fear I’ve told you all I know, and any more detailed questions should be directed to Zahra herself. I can take you to her residence now, if you wish. First, however, these potions may be useful to you, as you are out of your element – they will allow you to breathe underwater.” Offering three potion vials, she adds, ”And if you need any assistance while you are here in Vialesk – for that is where you’ve arrived – please just ask me, I may be able to help.”

How to nail that Diplomacy check right off, before I could even ask for it! She’s given you three potions of water breathing.

The Exchange

HP 18/23, AC 14, t13, ff11, saves F 1, R 9, W 2; bab 1 (melee 4, ranged 4), cmb 2, cmd 16, init +3 kitsune rogue/2, investigator/1 | -6
skills:
acro 12, apprs 7, bluff 8, climb 5, craft: alch 8, diplo 9, dd 10, disguise 9, escap 8, k dung 7, k eng 7, k hist 7, k local 7, ling 7, perc 10, prof: sailor 5, sm 7, slt of hand 9, stealth 10

"There are more than three of us... Can you direct us to somewhere where we might purchase more of those?"


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

”Yes, certainly. You’ll find all you need at Arrekin’s Bazaar, Vialesk’s marketplace,” the elf replies. ”Much of the city has air-filled walkways, so you should be able to make your way around without needing to breathe water. But if you plan to be out of the city or otherwise want them, I’d recommend trying a bathysphere jellyfish instead. They come in a jar and are not so easy to carry around as a potion, which is why I’ve given you those vials, but you should be able to get them at the market for around 20 gold pieces. If you let the jellyfish attach to your head, it provides a continually replenishing pocket of air that lasts for eight hours, allowing you to breathe and speak normally underwater.”

The Exchange

HP 18/23, AC 14, t13, ff11, saves F 1, R 9, W 2; bab 1 (melee 4, ranged 4), cmb 2, cmd 16, init +3 kitsune rogue/2, investigator/1 | -6
skills:
acro 12, apprs 7, bluff 8, climb 5, craft: alch 8, diplo 9, dd 10, disguise 9, escap 8, k dung 7, k eng 7, k hist 7, k local 7, ling 7, perc 10, prof: sailor 5, sm 7, slt of hand 9, stealth 10

"Sounds.... oddly unpleasant, but useful!.. Thanks!"

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

"That sounds absolutely awful. I'll be taking one of those potions instead of having a jellyfish sucking on my head."

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dual-Cursed Oracle 4
Misfortune Targets:
Red Shark
HP 31/31 | AC: 22 (FF:21 T:12) F: 4 R: 3 W: 5 CMD 15| Spells 1: 4/6, 1: 3/4 Quibble 0/1, Instant armor 2/2, Possessed 1/1; Init: +1, Perc +1, SM + 1

Oddler's unsettling masked face quirks an unusual smile at the mention of those jellyfish Well that sounds like something to be experienced and then some! Yes, I must take notes on how this works...for my chronicle.

Oddly busts out a giant tome entitled THE BIG BOOK OF MONSTERS in infernal and scribbles down about the breather fish and the proceeds to purchase one.

Tell me Lileone, is this algae that beset you a common natural occurance? Like can it be planned around? If so, what went wrong? Oddler will say as he walks towards the home of their agent-in-distress.

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"Those jellyfish sound far out man. I'll totally get one." Buying one air-jellyfish.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle () 1/ Sorceror (Crossblooded Draconic/Stormborn) 3 | HP: 21 /28| AC: 14(22)/14/11|Init: +3| Perc: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +3| Will: +4| CMB: +3| CMD: 16| Q.Staff: +3;1d6+3| Ray:+3|
Skills:
Acro: +3| Appraise:+1| Bluff:+7| Climb:+2| Diplo: +7| Fly:+6| Inti: +7| K.(Arc/Nat): +6| K.(His/Pla/Reli): +5| Linguis: +2| Ride:+6| S.M:+0| Spell:+5| Stealth: +3| Survial:+5| Swim:+6|UMD: +7|

Wasn't expecting such a good roll at Diplomacy.....Was looking to pacify her ire actually. Buying a jellyfish.

Kala blinks at the description of the jellyfish even as her luch lips turn upwards into a grin.
"I've never seen a jelly fish before and this sounds like something One must try! Also Could you tell us more about the other members of your expedition?"

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft

"Thank you for the suggestion of the jellyfish, I will buy a couple"

"You don't seem convinced it was a conspiracy behind the incident, why would Zahra be so convinced there WAS one?"


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

With everyone’s purchases made, Lileone replies to the party’s various questions as they arrive at Zahra’s residence, in the air-district of Vialesk, ”I will let her explain her views to you.” An undine woman offers greetings as she opens the door, gesturing the party inside. Lileone nods curtly at Zahra and departs.

Zahra introduces herself, and it is clear that the recent events have upset her greatly, as she has difficulty keeping her thoughts organized and keeping signs of anger off her face. ”Thank you for responding to my summons. As I believe you know, I need you to investigate the failure of my last expedition. All the on-site evidence has been lost to the tides and the algae, but I firmly believe the disaster was due to foul play. I plan to track down the expedition members who have left the city, as well as search for any external forces that could have attacked the caravan. I would like you to investigate those survivors that remain in Vialesk.” She lifts a piece of paper from a low table and holds it out, saying, ”You should investigate the people on this list. I strongly recommend you be subtle in your investigations, in case there was a saboteur among the previous adventurers.”

With a sigh, she adds, ”Lileone will have told you what happened, and probably said she feels it was all my fault. But I believe the incident with the toxic algae was no careless accident. The nearest growth of that type of algae should have been miles away from our route. So, though I do not believe that I am directly responsible for the damage to the reefs, I still wish to do whatever I can to stop it.” After a thoughtful pause, she further explains, “Many of the expedition suppliers and survivors are associated with larger organizations, and such resources could be pooled together to save the reef. I will warn you not to employ any expedition traitors in this task. Do you have any questions?”

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft

"Perhaps you could give us a little more detail about the nature of your expedition, and who might have an interest in stopping it?"


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Zhara takes a breath and gathers her thoughts before replying to Frost’s question, “I discovered several promising texts hinting of a fragment of Lysianassa’s power. You know Lysianassa? She is one of the lost elemental lords. It was said that she ruled this plane, until Kelizandri imprisoned her. I located several sources claiming that she gifted her breath to a servant, a giant nautilus called Riam the Unyielding, who was sent to govern the seas in her absence. But Riam was lost, blast it all, due to Kelizandri’s witless brine dragons—when they mortally wounded Riam, it dove into the Lambent Bloom and it could not be retrieved. I organized the expedition to pursue rumors of its giant shell, which was claimed to be a holy site until a few centuries back. I was unable to verify anything without traveling in person, as the shell proved resistant to divination and teleportation spells.”

“The Lambent Bloom, if you haven’t heard of it, is a school of giant pink jellyfish that stretches nearly a hundred miles wide,” she explains. ”The jellyfish stings don’t affect sharks, so we employed whale sharks as our caravan beasts, and engaged a number of submersibles to protect ourselves.”

”As to who might have an interest in stopping it, I don’t know. But we heard a rhythmic clanging in the distance, half an hour before the caravan encountered the algae bloom. I am confident this was a signal, though I have yet to ascertain who was signaling. As I have double checked my navigation and know I was not at fault, the noise must have been related to the disaster.”

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"That sounds suspicious. We should totally check that out man. Any idea what direction the sound came from?"

The Exchange

HP 18/23, AC 14, t13, ff11, saves F 1, R 9, W 2; bab 1 (melee 4, ranged 4), cmb 2, cmd 16, init +3 kitsune rogue/2, investigator/1 | -6
skills:
acro 12, apprs 7, bluff 8, climb 5, craft: alch 8, diplo 9, dd 10, disguise 9, escap 8, k dung 7, k eng 7, k hist 7, k local 7, ling 7, perc 10, prof: sailor 5, sm 7, slt of hand 9, stealth 10

"Sounds like someone was waiting to ambush your caravan, and that was the signal. I agree, we should investigate that."

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Molos takes the list of names and begins looking at it. "Any of these names you trust less than the others? You might have the answer without realizing it."


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

"My thoughts on each of them are in my notes there," Zahra replies to Molos. "I wish I had a stronger sense of one of them being behind it all, but I just don't know. That's why I want you to investigate them while I do the same outside Vialesk."

"As to the sound," she say to Jax, "I don't know where it came from. In any case, it was while we were en route here, not in the city. But I still feel it's important."

Up to you all to decide who on the list you'd like to start with.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dual-Cursed Oracle 4
Misfortune Targets:
Red Shark
HP 31/31 | AC: 22 (FF:21 T:12) F: 4 R: 3 W: 5 CMD 15| Spells 1: 4/6, 1: 3/4 Quibble 0/1, Instant armor 2/2, Possessed 1/1; Init: +1, Perc +1, SM + 1

Oddler points to the shark trainer He probably had the best look at what happened. Bonus points are that if he led them into the algae without following the plan someone would have noticed so he's probably not our saboteur

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle () 1/ Sorceror (Crossblooded Draconic/Stormborn) 3 | HP: 21 /28| AC: 14(22)/14/11|Init: +3| Perc: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +3| Will: +4| CMB: +3| CMD: 16| Q.Staff: +3;1d6+3| Ray:+3|
Skills:
Acro: +3| Appraise:+1| Bluff:+7| Climb:+2| Diplo: +7| Fly:+6| Inti: +7| K.(Arc/Nat): +6| K.(His/Pla/Reli): +5| Linguis: +2| Ride:+6| S.M:+0| Spell:+5| Stealth: +3| Survial:+5| Swim:+6|UMD: +7|

"And given that he's close to the whale sharks means that getting him on our side might yield even more clues." Kala points out.

"Besides," she continues. "We'll have to go to each one and question them closely though of course being subtle means we'll probabely have to lie about our true purpose."

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"Sounds excellent to me. Let's do it."

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft

"It seems we are all of one mind on this then, and we should start there"


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

”I wish you luck in your investigations,” Zahra says as the party determines where to go first. ”It is possible that the saboteurs have other plans, so time is of the essence – do not dally.”

In other words, we are on a bit of a timetable.

With directions from Zahra, the Pathfinders make their way towards Honoke’s home, relieved that it lies within the massive air pocket that forms part of the city of Vialesk, so they can walk and breathe air as they travel. They arrive to learn that Honoke is a an elderly ocean giant, with a weary look that suggests both sorrow and sickness.

Once a servant leads the party to him, Honoke can be seen swimming in a submerged enclosure, dragging his remaining animals through the water. Before departing, the servant explains that the massive whale sharks are too weak to swim fast enough to pass water through their gills, and would suffocate without Honoke’s constant effort. Honoke, as weak and despondent as he seems, labors to save his beloved animals, scarcely looking up as the Pathfinders enter.

Sovereign Court

Ifrit Inquisitor 4 HP: 33/33 AC:18 FF:15 T:13 F:+8 R:+5 W:+6 Perception +8 Darkvision 60 Effects: None

"Hey, how's things buddy?" Jax states breaking the proverbial ice.

The Exchange

HP 18/23, AC 14, t13, ff11, saves F 1, R 9, W 2; bab 1 (melee 4, ranged 4), cmb 2, cmd 16, init +3 kitsune rogue/2, investigator/1 | -6
skills:
acro 12, apprs 7, bluff 8, climb 5, craft: alch 8, diplo 9, dd 10, disguise 9, escap 8, k dung 7, k eng 7, k hist 7, k local 7, ling 7, perc 10, prof: sailor 5, sm 7, slt of hand 9, stealth 10

"I'm no swimmer.. but is there anything we can do to help? You do look fatigued... "

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dual-Cursed Oracle 4
Misfortune Targets:
Red Shark
HP 31/31 | AC: 22 (FF:21 T:12) F: 4 R: 3 W: 5 CMD 15| Spells 1: 4/6, 1: 3/4 Quibble 0/1, Instant armor 2/2, Possessed 1/1; Init: +1, Perc +1, SM + 1

Oddlers perpetual frown somehow grows a bit larger and sees That man is clearly struggling to keep his sharks alive

Oddler goes over and lays hands on the man and expends some healing We heard about your disaster...that's such a shame can we help at all?

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

"What can you tell us about what caused this sickness? Can you remember anything in particular about the clanging sound the group heard before the sabatoge?"

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft

"What a magical place, but what a tragedy we are seeing before us. How may we help? Yes, what do you recall of the events?"


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Hokone does not seem to be injured so much as sick, but he waves off any healing and says distractedly, "The sharks are the ones who matter. Help them."

Options to help the sharks include Heal, Knowledge (nature), or Craft (alchemy) checks, or using any spell or item that can remove the effects of poison.

Grand Lodge

Pal 4, HP5/38 - AC 20, T 11, FF 19/ F +9, R +5, W +7/ CMD 18, CMB +7/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 20ft

Frost pulls out her healers kit and tries to turn her mind to treating the animals, "I'm not a physician, and not one used to animals to be sure, but I shall see if I can treat some of the malady"

Heal (and kit) 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Would a remove fatigue help?


DM Stuff | Treacherous Waves

Frost succeeds in treating the toxins affecting the whale sharks, much to the relief of the elderly giant. He thanks Frost with surprising warmth before trying to answer the party's questions, "The illness was caused by the red algae, which has now settled on our beloved reefs. And yes, there was a rhythmic clanging shortly before the disaster. I also felt the tide change direction towards the caravan soon after the sound. But I have no idea what caused either of those events."

A couple of other checks I failed to ask for:

Perception or Handle Animal, DC 15:
You notice an unusual pattern of notches down one of the whale shark’s fins.

Once someone succeeds at the above check, Linguistics, DC 14:
The notches appear to be some kind of code.

Dark Archive

Arcanist 3 | HP 19/23 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+4 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 4/6 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 12

Molos was glad the others saved the sharks, but his attention was already elsewhere on the list as the giant had no more information than the list already showed.

The Exchange

HP 18/23, AC 14, t13, ff11, saves F 1, R 9, W 2; bab 1 (melee 4, ranged 4), cmb 2, cmd 16, init +3 kitsune rogue/2, investigator/1 | -6
skills:
acro 12, apprs 7, bluff 8, climb 5, craft: alch 8, diplo 9, dd 10, disguise 9, escap 8, k dung 7, k eng 7, k hist 7, k local 7, ling 7, perc 10, prof: sailor 5, sm 7, slt of hand 9, stealth 10

perc dc 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"Excuse me, but what is the significance of the markings on that one shark... that one over there with the unusual notchings on its fins?"

He points at the shark in question.

ling dc 14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

He tilts his head to one side and scowls in deep thought... "You know.. it's almost like some kind of code... hmmm.. but what is the message and who or what is it meant for?"

1 to 50 of 429 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Treacherous Waves PbP Gameday VI All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.