DM Khel's Deepmarket Deception (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


151 to 200 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Gavin and Drizz'n are so unconvincing that one of the guards actually begins to draw her weapon, but stops as Rakshara speaks. His straightforward, businesslike manner seems to set them a little bit at ease, though the head guard is still eyeing Zirt with great suspicion.

We're on a knife edge here, any Aid rolls from Bodo or Idgethun?

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Oh sure, pick on the harmless little nome.

Sensing the tension in the room, Benedict the wolverine straightens up and brushes off his underbelly fur, the better to look like a responsible merchant.

Benedict Bluff to Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 18

I suspect the DM isn't going to let that fly, but hey, you gotta try, right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Benedict cleans himself up, and he does in fact look more presentable, but his grooming does not contribute in any meaningful way to tricking the ratfolk guards. Clearly, they know the difference between a badger and a wolverine and won't be fooled.

With an Int of 2, Benedict doesn't know any languages and can't really follow the conversation in order to help with Bluff.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun actually relaxes at the sign of a fight... and perhaps this itself helps put the ratfolk at ease.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Bodo, Aid Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Igdethun, Aid Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Bodo stumbles a little bit in trying to convince the ratfolk guards to let them pass – perhaps he’s distracted by the question of what really distinguishes a badger from a wolverine. But Igdethun steps in with the confidence borne of years of forceful yet delicate business negotiations and soon has even the ratfolk leader convinced that perhaps she should buy that interesting bridge in Riddleport.

Finally gaining access to the middle door, Igdethun throws it open to reveal a chamber of horrors. The walls of this circular room are covered in painted scenes of fear and torment. The stone ceiling rises in a craggy dome that is haphazardly carved with disembodied eyes, talons, fangs, and other monstrous features. In the center of the room, rusty brown stains run down from a circular dais, which holds a stained marble bowl and a collection of rusty daggers. A jagged black rune covers up most of the floor. Tattered and moldy bedrolls are pushed into the corners of the room.

Knowledge (planes or religion), DC 15:
The symbol inlaid in the floor is the rune of Lamashtu, goddess of madness, monsters, and nightmares.

Would whoever is carrying the box of contraband give me a Will save? I believe it’s Igdethun.

Ninja'd! But mechanically the outcome is the same, so we'll leave it as is.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused
Rakshara wrote:
Rakhshara produces the box of contraband and begins to speak, "Well, we certainly do have trade goods. As you can see, we have a pistol from distant Alkenstar, a bit of poison, some unholy symbols, a piece of rather...salacious artwork, and a box of rare oracular fingerbones."

I believe Rakhshara is carrying the box. Idgethun would prefer not to carry the contraband itself, as Abadar might frown on such a direct hand in smuggling.

Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 nope

Though the scenery is certainly off-putting, Idgethun maintains a pleasant smile for the ratfolk's sake. After ushering everyone through the door, she shuts it in the suspicious ratfolk's face.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Knowledge (Planes or Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Zirt shudders and points at the symbol engraved in the floor. "If I never saw that symbol again, it'd be too soon," she whispers, shuddering again and falling uncharacteristically quiet.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Drizz'n sighs and feigns disinterest.

"Doesn't scare me."

He flexes his muscles, sending his tumor familiar scurrying up around his shoulders and then back down into his shirt.

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

I didn’t mention this, but as you can see on the map, there are two doors from this room. One - to the northeast - is oriented such that it pretty clearly goes into the room with the myceloid. The other, to the southeast, leads to uncharted lands.

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Rakshara murmers, "By Mammon, what is this place? While it may not scare our angsty companion, even the most astute of businessmen must admit they are scared." As he does so, his companion draws its four sickles, seemingly tense as well.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Rakshara, who carries the small box which contains an unholy symbol of Lamashtu, sees a vision of profound horrors, that could only be birthed by the Mother of Monsters. Visions of creatures with knives for feet flying through the sky, giving birth to massive, multi-colored centipedes that smell faintly of almonds, which split open to reveal hordes of pink wolverines badgers with writhing tentacles springing from their backs. A truly appalling experience.

Rakshara is shaken (–2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks) for the next 24 hours.

Onward? Pay a visit to Mr. Truffle or explore new ground?

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun puts a hand on Rakshara's shoulder. "You alright, friend? You are sweating. It is just knives and some old paint." Striding across the room, Idgethun pauses briefly to let the others catch up, then opens the next door after giving it a scant look-over. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

We exhausted our conversation topics for the mushroom, I think? On to new places.


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Not much to see aside from the horrors, so I'll move us along per Idgethun's suggestion. If someone really wants to hug a fungus rat, play False Dice with Doctor Truffle or otherwise go through the door to the northeast, let me know.

Idgethun opens the door to reveal what appears to be a storage room, which contains tools, barrels of water, and other mundane items. There are doors to the north, west and southeast, as well as a hallway going south.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Barbarian 7 | HP 71/71 | AC 22 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +8 Ref +5* Will +3 | CMD 24 | Init +4 Perc +10 | Rage 3/18

"Yes, let's keep moving. The sooner we finish our business, the better." Gavin moves to the front of the group, the light from Zirt's magic helping to show the way.

He stops when he sees all the options. He walks over to the southeast door. "I say we go this way first."

Gavin then gives the door a listen to see if there's any sound on the other side.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

"I mean seriously Rakshara, keep it together. I don't know what people are getting so freaked out about."

;P


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Gavin hears some relatively quiet sounds from the other side of the door, perhaps of someone walking, but not much else.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Barbarian 7 | HP 71/71 | AC 22 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +8 Ref +5* Will +3 | CMD 24 | Init +4 Perc +10 | Rage 3/18

"A bit of movement, but not much else. Shall we?" He opens the door once he gets the nod from the group.


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

The door proves to be extremely resistant to opening.

Str check please.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun smiles at Gavin, a mischievous look in her eyes. "Let me give you a hand."

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

"Don't look at me. I'm small. I'll lean on the door to take some of the weight though. I really should teach Smiley to do this. He'd be a natural..."

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 16


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

In spite of Idgethun’s great strength and excellent positioning, and even with Bodo’s help, the door does not budge in the slightest.

It is seriously difficult to move. Seriously.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Barbarian 7 | HP 71/71 | AC 22 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +8 Ref +5* Will +3 | CMD 24 | Init +4 Perc +10 | Rage 3/18

"Clearly it has a mind of its own," Gavin smirks at the otherwise mighty effort. "Perhaps there's a button or lever? Or maybe it needs a magic trick to open it?"

Gavin looks around for a way to open the door.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun considers her adamantine falchion, but thinks better of it -- for now. She shrugs. "Let us see where this hallway leads..."


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Gavin is unable to find any means of opening the door. Idgethun moves down the open passage a bit and sees that it goes west a ways before curving south. Before the curve, there is a wide hallway leading south.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Idgethun saunters casually down the hallway, and glances south where it branches...

Map updated.


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Idgethun leads the way down the narrow hallway to the wider passage. Rounding the corner, she can see that the passage broadens still further into a wide, open chamber that smells of rotten flesh and harsh chemicals. A curved workbench with dozens of drawers sits against the southern wall of this room, its surface covered with surgical tools, body parts, and alchemical items. On the workbench, a hairless six-legged rat the size of a housecat floats in a vat of blue liquid. The creature’s body is covered in surgical wounds that have been carefully sutured shut.

Standing by the bench is a sinister-looking waying with a cruel grin on his face. ”I knew I heard something,” he remarks in offhand fashion. ”How nice of you to provide more subjects for my experiments.” Standing in front of the wayang are two kirrixes, similar to the ones seen in the fungus room, but these are not covered in disgusting fungal growth.

Initiative:

Gavin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Zirt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Drizz’n: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Bodo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Idgethun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Rakshara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Kirrixes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Yekai: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Round 1 Initiative:
Rakshara
Drizz'n
Bodo
Idgethun

Kirrixes
Wayang
Zirt
Gavin

Bold are up!

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

Are we using our Init for the pets?

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

"Not today," Idgethun returns, drawing her razor-sharp falchion. Then in a whisper, "Abadar, give me the strength of a bull,". Fervor to swift cast Bull's Strength.

He strides forward with purpose, ignoring the strange kirrixes. Those behind her can deal with the vermin. For her, the doctor himself will suffice.

+1 Keen Adamantine Falchion, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 no way, I am not letting that be my first attack with the new Idgethun: REROLL 4 Star GM Reroll: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 4 = 24
Damage: 2d4 + 16 ⇒ (2, 1) + 16 = 19


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw
Bodo, Cleric of Ketephys wrote:
Are we using our Init for the pets?

Yes.

As Idgethun takes her first few steps into the room, a pit, ten feet wide and thirty feet deep, opens at her feet!

Idgethun, please make a DC 20 Reflex save.

If you fail the Reflex save:
Take 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) = 13 falling damage. In addition, 1d4 ⇒ 4 spikes stab at you.

Spike attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Spike attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Spike attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Spike attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

For each successful hit, please make a Fort save.

If you make the Reflex save:
You leap back in time to avoid falling in the pit, but you are on the far side of it from the wayang and his pets. You may need to revise your action. If so, we'll forget that reroll happened.

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Rakshara says a few words in Infernal and makes a few hand gestures. As he does that, the party feels faster, more alert, better at combat. Rakhshara then walks down the hallway to get a better look at the room. Seeing the beasts, he says in Infernal once again, "Go my servant, enact my will!" The eidolon nods and slither forwards, climbing across the wall to avoid the pit and slashing at the kirrix with a wickedly sharp sickle.

Sickle Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Sickle Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Ruh roh.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 close, but not close enough
Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

I am guessing I get my reroll back then? :P

Idgethun, bleeding from a minor puncture wound, dusts herself off and looks for a way to climb out.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

It doesn't look like you factored in the +1 to reflex saves from haste. Unless I'm missing something you'd make the save with the +1.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Aha! Did not see that you cast haste. I would indeed!

Springing back just in time, Idgethun groans at the especially well-placed pit in front of her. She does her best to climb along the wall after Rakshara's weird pet.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 should get me to where I am now positioned with haste, assuming that this wall is 'typical' (DC 20)

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Drizz'n steps into the doorway and throws a Rime-Bound Gloom at the blue kirrix!

"As cool as your experiments are, we're shutting this torture hole down!"

Rime-Bound Gloom:
The gloom creates an area of freezing shadow in its splash radius that deals 2d6 points of cold damage to all creatures in the area each turn. This effect lasts 1 round for every 2 alchemist levels.

Gloom!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 vs touch AC
Gloom Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) + 6 = 17
Frozen Shadow Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Reflex save to not fall dramatically into the pit at the end of his turn: 1d20 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 9 = 37


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Igdethun - yes, you get your reroll back. And calling the wall typical seems like the right approach, since it's not called out as anything else in the scenario.

The slithering sickle-swinger slices his ratlike opponent, as a four-armed snake faces a six-legged rat in mortal combat! Drizz'n - who is only wearing black until someone can come up with something darker - throws a freezing shadow at the other kirrix, doing it great harm indeed! Idgethun manages to scale the wall and get around the pit trap to join the fight!

Round 1 Initiative:
Rakshara
Drizz'n
Bodo
Idgethun
Kirrixes (Red: -7, Blue: -24 hp)
Wayang
Zirt
Gavin

Bodo is up!

Remember that haste is active. Rakshara can't affect everyone with the spell, because there's so many of them, so he tells me he's applied it to all the PC's and his eidolon.

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

Bodo moves up and begins to cast summon monster I. He orders Smiley to move up with him.

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Oh goody, summoning! More things to fit on the map! ;) ooc]Speaking of which, I just discovered that the kirrixes are large, so I've adjusted their size on the map. Shouldn't change the outcome of anyone's actions last round, but wanted to explain why there's now even less room on the map.

The red-eyed kirrix steps forward, then rears its head back and unleashes something between a sneeze and a howl, expelling a nasty cloud of mucus and vapor at Idgethun and the eidolon!

Fort saves vs bubonic plague from Idgethun and eidolon, please.

The other kirrix, its patchy fur tinged blue with cold, snaps at the eidolon, then darts out of the icy shadow surrounding it!

Bite vs eidolon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 If this hits, please make a Fort save vs filth fever.
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The sneering wayang pulls out a flask and drinks it down!

Round 1 Initiative:
Rakshara
Drizz'n
Bodo
Idgethun
Kirrixes (Red: -7, Blue: -24 hp)
Wayang
Zirt
Gavin

Zirt and Gavin are up! Fort save needed from Igdethun, 1 or 2 Fort saves from the eidolon.

The Exchange

Aasimar Warpriest of Abadar 6 HP 57/57 | AC 18 FF 17 Tch 11 | CMD 18 | F+9 R+5 W10 | Perc+5 | Init+1
Per Diem:
Spells [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 5/5 | Fervor 6/6 | Blessings 6/6 | Sacred Weapon 6/6 | Pearl: Unused

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Oops, realizing now that I jumped the gun. Spoilering my post. Sorry!

Idgethun's Turn:
Sensible to the evolving melee ahead of her, Idgethun opts to simply cut her way through to the wayang. "Abadar, guide my blade." Fervor to swift-cast Divine Favor.

+1 Keen Adamantine Falchion @ Red Monster: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 34 THREAT Confirm: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Critical Slashing Damage: 4d4 + 26 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2) + 26 + 6 + 4 = 43

Hasted Attack @ Red Monster: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 31 THREAT Confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Critical? Slashing Damage: 4d4 + 26 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 1) + 26 + 6 + 4 = 42

Sovereign Court

Male Human Barbarian 7 | HP 71/71 | AC 22 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +8 Ref +5* Will +3 | CMD 24 | Init +4 Perc +10 | Rage 3/18

Gavin calls out Buster. "Stay!"

Seeing that some have climbed over the pit, Gavin tries the same.
Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

With the remaining seconds, he moves in on a kirrix and with one smooth motion draws his greatsword. A controlled rage fills him as he swings the big metal weapon.
Attack w/Greatsword (Rage, Power Attack) vs Red: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 3) + 16 = 20

Can't move my token atm, but Gavin should be nestled between the eidolon and Idgethun, directly northwest of the creature

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

"Eep!" exclaims Zirt as the sounds of combat commence. "Go help, Benedict!" she adds, waving her arm down the hall and urging Gregarious to take her closer as well. The fierce wolverine growls and charges forward, following his nose directly through the wall! Double move, with a burrow speed of 10.

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Eidolon Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Sorry, Zirt, but the walls here are solid stone, and the description of a burrow speed says you “can tunnel through dirt, but not through rock.” Your badgerine will have to try another approach.

Idgethun resists the plague assaulting her, though the serpentine eidolon finds itself unable to fight off all the tiny germs! Gavin succeeds in traversing the wall above the deep, deadly pit and joining the fight, where he cuts the red-eyed kirrix deeply! Igdethun’s first strike at the same foe kills it outright, nearly slicing it in half!

Round 1 Initiative:
Rakshara
Drizz'n
Bodo

Idgethun
Kirrixes (Blue: -24 hp)
Wayang
Zirt (Benedict)
Gavin

Bold are up! And I guess Idgethun still has a move action, since she only had to make one of her attacks to kill the red kirrix.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Bard 7 [ HP 49/49 (14 NL) | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 20 | Fort +4* Ref +7* Will +6* | CMD 15 | Init +3 Perc +12 | Effects: 3 Con damage | Benedict 51/51 (26 NL), 3 Con Damage ]

Fine! He also has a 10' climb speed, so I put him on the wall over the pit.

Dark Archive

NG Half-Elf Inspired Gloom Chymist 7 | HP 25/45 | AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +8 | Perc: +16, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Gloom +10 4d6+6 10/11/day , Melee: +5 Sickle/Club 1d6 | Extracts: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4 3rd 0/1| Active conditions: Barkskin +3, Heightened Awareness

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

Drizz'n jumps over the pit like it's whatever and throws a concentrated gloom at the wayang!

"Nothing but doom and, you know, gloom coming for you!"

Gloom: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 vs touch AC

Gloom damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 6 = 13 + 6 (+50% damage from concentrate splash.)

2 rounds of rime-bound gloom remaining.


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Drizz’s leaps across the pit like a nimble whatever, using his momentum to hurl a dense ball of gloom at the wayang! One would expect a shadow being to not be bothered by a bit of gloom, but he does not seem to care for it at all!

Round 2 Initiative:
Rakshara
Drizz'n
Bodo
Idgethun
Kirrix (Blue: -24 hp)
Wayang (-19 hp)
Zirt
Gavin

Bodo and Rakshara, you’re up!

The Exchange

Tiefling Summoner 7 | HP 48/48 | AC 19 (+4 with shield) | T 13 | FF 17 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +6 | CMD 18 | Init +7 | Perc +7

Rakhshara stands where he is and says, "Attack, my servant! Do as I say!" His eidolon slithers forward and lets out a barrage of attacks against the kirrix, sickles, fangs, stingers, and tail slams.

Attacks:

Sickle Attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Haste Sickle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Sickle Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Sickle Attack 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Sickle Attack 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Sting Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Tail Slap Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Sickle 3 Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Sickle 1 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Haste Sickle Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Sickle 2 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Sickle 3 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sickle 4 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sting Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tail Slap Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sickle 3 Crit Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

The flash of blades and fangs, as well as the powerful slap of of a serpentine tail, come so fast and furious that it is hard to tell which blow takes the legs out from under the remaining kirrix. But when the otherworldly snake-man's attacks are done, the kirrix lies still on the floor by its companion, a river of surely disease-ridden blood flowing from it.

Round 2 Initiative:
Rakshara
Drizz'n
Bodo
Idgethun
Wayang (-19 hp)
Zirt
Gavin

Bodo to finish the round for the Pathfinders!

Dark Archive

Male Gnome Cleric/7 (HP: 45/45) | Init: +1 | AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 19 | Perception +9 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +9 (+2 vs Illusion) | CMB: +4 | CMD: 16 | reroll 1/1

More pogs means more fun, right?

A mildly annoyed eagle pops into existence. Annoyed because she was about to catch a tasty rabbit she'd been eyeing for a few days. It attacks the thing.

talon1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
talon2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

damage in order: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Female Crocodile. (HP: 57/57) | Init: +2 | AC: 24 T: 12, FF: 22 | Perception +5 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +3 | CMB: +7 | CMD: 21

Smiley will attempt to jump over the pit and then continue on his merry way to snack on baddies. He will sprint.

acrobatics check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


DM 1 | DM 2 | Voice in the Void | Crystalmaw

Hate to say this, Bodo, but the DC to jump that pit without at least ten feet for a running start is 20, and Smiley actually has a +0 to jump due to having a base move speed of 20.

Bodo’s eagle, distracted by hunger, cannot overcome its annoyance and fails to hit the wayang! Smiley hurries as quickly as he can to the edge of the pit and flings himself towards the other side, but not quite to the other side. He crashes down to the bottom of the spiked pit!

Smiley takes 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11 falling damage. In addition, he lands on 1d4 ⇒ 1 spike!

Spike attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 If that hits, please make a Fort save.
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The wayang, moving with dazzling speed, steps away from the pestering eagle and throws three stone jars, aiming for Drizz’n, Idgethun and the man-snake! The jars explode in huge balls of fire!

Bomb vs touch AC, Drizz’n: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Fire damage: 4d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2) + 4 + 1 = 16

Bomb vs touch AC, Igdethun: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Fire damage: 4d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 5) + 4 + 1 = 24

Bomb vs touch AC, Eidolon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Fire damage: 4d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 2) + 4 + 1 = 19

Complicated splash moment: Igdethun and Drizz’n take 4 splash damage (DC 18 Reflex for half). Gavin and the eidolon take this twice, so 4 splash damage times two, with two DC 18 Reflex for half each time.

Also, Drizz’n, Igdethun and the eidolon are on fire!

Round 2/3 Initiative:
Rakshara (eidolon on fire)
Drizz'n (burning)
Bodo
Idgethun (flame on!)

Wayang (-19 hp)
Zirt
Gavin

Pathfinders are go!

151 to 200 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Deepmarket Deception All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.